VALID POINTS of Tita Lavinia's on Celeste & MUPhOrg!

VALID POINTS of Tita Lavinia's on Celeste & MUPhOrg!

Postby jhunz23 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:21 am

You can hate Tita Lavinia all you want, pero she has strong points about Celeste & MUPhOrg:

---------------------------------

Tita Lavinia:

Sleep can do wonders for the muddled brain. Before we shift our focus on our beautiful new Miss Universe Rbonney Gabriel, let's decode what went wrong because I know you're waiting for me to snap out of my nap.
This will be painful. This will be frank. Those quick enough will probably screenshot this and cascade it all over TikTok or Facebook and it will further vilify me as someone whose sole purpose is to drag the org but honestly at this point - kevs. I'd rather you guys toughen up and face this head on.

STORY & DOSSIER

We knew of this girl from 2018 and she has quite an interesting past. Unfortunately a lot of those actions and incidents have receipts. The organization swept those under the rug rather than use those receipts to their advantage.
They coached the girl into pushing for authenticity and relatability without being specific with how she turned her life around to become calmer, centered and more grounded.
Her life story wasn't organically highlighted or discussed as it was reduced to a mere content for the org's YouTube channel making it feel manufactured.

PREP TIME

They had 7 to 8 months for planning. I'm sure they did the all the programs. Our girl definitely took pasarela, a and a and other classes I don't doubt that but the actual planning for wardrobe, concepts and the visual aspects of the competition days before the competition honestly brings to surface the very question of: WHAT THE HECK WERE THEY DOING THIS WHOLE TIME?
Were they overwhelmed with choices? Did they think they could just wing it?

SOCIAL MEDIA PRESENCE

Both Celeste and the org missed the opportunity to utilize this powerful tool.
Celeste focused on posting photoshoots and endorsements, the organization failed to highlight her social work and charities heavily. They had a few entries on this sandwiched between intimidating graphics but her social casuses seemed like an afterthought in terms of somed presence.
Celeste could have proactively utilized her large following to let people in and rally towards her causes by being more interactive.
Her charities were reduced to footnotes in both their carefully curated pages.

ADVOCACY

Celeste inherited her advocacy from the org to the point of going to Marawi. Commendable actions yes but seemingly seasonal and driven towards an exchange of relief goods for publicity and handprints.
After winning the title, we didn't hear about the other things she was doing.
According to a Manila Bulletin article "The Filipino-Italian model and PLDT Home ambassador strongly advocates women's education, alongside protecting and preserving the country's indigenous people and culture." - where's this highlight on the indigenous people? It's nowhere near their narrative.
Did the organization help bring her to remote tribal communities? Were there features on young women pursuing their education despite difficult situations?
A hard pill to swallow but the advocacy aspect is watered down.

STYLE

I absolutely loved this fresh styling direction from a
Miss Universe candidate. The looks are straight out of a posh fashion magazine BUT
She was presented more like a CHIC EUROPEAN rather than a simple FILIPINA.

Her Jewelmer pearls could have given her more of a Filipina identity but they used the jewelry pieces sparingly. I understand the direction away Cat's Filipiniana heavy wardrobe but couldn't they put Celeste in at least one Vania Romoff camisa?
She maintained an untouchably chic style throughout the competition that didn't help her image as someone reserved, distant and in some instances - cold
Sometimes too much high fashion is well ... too high to reach.
Even coming out in no makeup in sweats and hoodie was so sensationalized it became a gimmick.
Celebrated for its simplicity in concept yes but sadly gimmicky.

VISIBILITY

Celeste could not be accessed. Her journey was not through her own documentation. We missed her voice and eyes.

We saw her in other people's feed and stories. She didn't bother featuring others. We had no idea if she was having fun or if she was down. Almost all her activity after winning were more visible in the Communications Manager's pages rather than her own or the organization's.
Photos and videos are always hard to crop or repost as she's always surrounded or sandwiched.

SCRUBBING

After winning MUPH, Celeste (based on all those Camina con carne episodes) underwent rigorous training.
Q and A ok give. Her improvement was immense. But her pasarela for example even her styling was so far from the KF hip sway and The Camp's swagger.
They scrubbed her of her real personality. Her pasarela at prelims even that annoying hand placement with the pinkie sticking out was so 2012 that we saw a slower, more feminine Celeste as if she were competing for MI.
There was nothing wrong with how she moved during the nationals. Why did she have to fit the mould? Back in the day they used to have names for walks because they differed. A cobra walk was different from a tanim bala walk but from Rabiya to Celeste it seemed to be just note.
Why a long feature on this? Well because you have to give it you all and not hold back at prelims.
The iconic slow-mo turn happened during prelims.
Come finals Cationa was the biggest name in universal pageantry.

CAMPAIGN

The org relied heavily on Celeste's faultless face. They didn't bother campaigning for votes and left the vloggers and admins to do the job. Celeste did not campaign at all.
They were COMPLACENT because they knew she could get in with just her face.
Votes are crucial now that we've given out our secrets and have helped neighbors catch up.

RAMPA

Call me nega, call me mema, but the rampa rampa DIC NOT HELP HER CAMPAIGN.
It simply isn't aligned with what they're peddling. How can you be authentic and relatable when you're dipped in luxury brands, walking along Rodeo Drive with a full entourage and their personal agenda?
A super short skirt triggered the overly passionate fans to wage war and bully a former Miss Universe W
Why do they keep on doing this when they're in the
US? Who's going to tell them it's cringey?

PADRINO SYSTEM

Yeah. I said it. Bless Oliver Tolentino for his well malasakit for a kababayan but he shouldn't have been in a position of remaking a costume or sewing a gown in just days.
Designers such as Michael Leva and Anthony Ramirez even Glade Echavarre have been posting photos left and right. They're no need to elaborate why.

No YT Live today because I am honestly groggy from the medicines I took

IVORY TOWER

Alienating the fans is one of this org's strongest suit.
The exclusivity is becoming unappealing. I say becoming because before their exclusivity was deemed as a form of security against those who just wanted to exploit and test our candidate.
Key people can't be tagged, they're almost always defensive with an arrogant air around them. It must be all that money and privilege and champagne and first class olabe rides. Even the vloggers and personalities around them have the same demeanor remember that group comprised of pageant fans, a designer and a sponsor who so bodly criticized candidates? It trickles down to representatives who cease saying hello and thank you to ardent fans.
PR skills are always welcome.

INTERACTION

There have been swirling news around that social media behaviors are being observed more closely that's why the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam didn't get in.
You know what would have given that caution more teeth?

Had the organization been more proactive in reminding its reach to stay calm and carry on on social media, this could have made the baby bra warriors go easy. If I say these things and remind people to be kinder I am 100% sure that narrative would change on TikTok and FB.

HUMBLE PIE

One commenter in my LIVE chat brought up the idea that the org was hit with the dreaded EL TOCUYO with their most well rounded and we'll received candidate.
OUCH. I HOPE THEY LEARN FROM THIS AND NOT LAY THE BLAME ON THE GIRL WHO SEEMS TO HAVE REUNITED WITH HER ORIGINAL TEAM

LAST

Celeste Cortesi has now become my favorite representative under this new management. I firmly believe she had a shot to the top. I am saddened that of all our girls from the past 12 years, she would end this way. I did not expect this ending from someone we genuinely supported. She endeared herself to us even with her limited interactions with her fans.
We recogized her strength and her potential for the global brand.

Plans may have gone smoothly but it was Celeste herself who said that to be Miss Universe is destiny.

jhunz23
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: teacher
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Re: VALID POINTS of Tita Lavinia's on Celeste & MUPhOrg!

Postby Virginia Dalisay » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:09 am

Lavinia hits the bullseye. :=p

ImageImage
Virginia Dalisay
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Date of Birth: 14 Feb 1991
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Archeologist
Hobbies/Interests: Live the life you love and Love the life you live.
Message: Never be a prisoner of your past. It was just a lesson, not a life sentence.

Postby Elif87 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:34 am

So many very accurate points.
I always say the same. Celeste thought this was in the bag.
It showed in her prelim performance, her sm attitude and coat over the shoulders bitchy vibes all the way.
Plus we all know her com skillz suck and her charity work was weak

It’s all out there
Elif87
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 11 Aug 1986
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Media
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: get dressedup and spend money on overpriced lattes

Postby Poseidon88 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:41 am

Jonas Gaffud et all will surely react :%)) :%)) :%))
Poseidon88
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Cool Guy
Date of Birth: 12 Apr 1988
Profession: Model
Hobbies/Interests: Pageant

Postby poker_man » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:17 am

The points are all valid. Unfortunately, she wasn't the complete package as people make it out to be.

Celeste and her team obviously prepared but it was seen as a preparation to win the crown. Most of the girls had a lot of things going on outside pageantry. The girls in the semifinals are comprised of dentists, fashion designers, athletes, law school students, ballerinas, etc.

For Celeste, everything people know about her was that she is a model who is trying to make a career. There was nothing else substantial about her. It was always about the glitz and glamor side of things. That could have worked during the IMG and Trump eras or MGI, Miss International or Miss Earth but not in the current state of Miss Universe.

She couldn't even speak Filipino. Can you imagine a candidate from the USA who doesn't speak English? Kaloka diba? This is why Catriona in 2018 who didn't speak Tagalog then compensated by learning about the culture and incorporating it in her wardrobe so that she won't look like she was another ignorant bakasyunista beauty despite not living in the Philippines for majority of her life.

Celeste's Miss Universe resume was so weak. Compare her with Beatrice and Rabiya and you can tell that she had the weakest profile. Everyone was too complacent with her facial beauty, her fit body and her thigh gap. That's what people will remember about her in terms of presentation. :)>-
poker_man
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 21 Jun 1985
Profession: Doctor
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty pageants

Postby Natalie Mendoza » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:28 am

Some of the points makes sense.
Celeste had a safe performance maybe but that opinion in not shared with everyone either who though she performed well.
I think people have over analysed the situation.

For instance I don't see what's wrong with her wearing high fashion which is part of her culture since she is half Italian, I rather see that than the usually comical pageant patty clothes. If its okay for Miss Murica unpirs to wear Filipiniana then it's dam okay for Celeste to wear Italian high fashion.

She be alright anyway it's not like a useless Murican-Thai crown is pivotal to life afterall she is already Italian Filipino and have the privilege of being from those countries.
Hopefully Filipinos can get some of the classiness from Italians who look down on pathetic things like Pageants
Natalie Mendoza
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.

Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Love
Hobbies/Interests: Jet SKi!

Postby Pukeemu Ruang » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:50 am

Nexts years Thailand will wins crown. Felepins starts now practice more clapping. :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ >:)

ImageImageImage
Pukeemu Ruang
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Date of Birth: 16 Sep 1993
Profession: Movie Actress
Hobbies/Interests: Sky Diving
Message: Easy is to judgings mistakees of other. Dificults to recognised our owns mistakens.

Postby Keribels Haliparot » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:11 am

Gaganti tayo next year. Yung pambato natin may advocacy na ala mother theresa at kumakain ng mikropono sa q&a. :-j :-j :-j >:) <:-P
Keribels Haliparot

Date of Birth: 05 Mar 1995
Profession: Saleslady
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Chikahan to the max
Message: Kung maghihintay ka nang lalandi sayo, walang mangyayari sa buhay mo... Dapat lumandi ka din!

Postby kurtij » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:18 am

WALANG NAKAKAALAM SA TOTOO.

Last edited by kurtij on Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kurtij

Real Life Name/Nick: m_cronin
Date of Birth: 27 Dec 1989
Profession: Missosologist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: CURSING

Postby Elif87 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:40 pm

Natalie Mendoza wrote:Some of the points makes sense.
Celeste had a safe performance maybe but that opinion in not shared with everyone either who though she performed well.
I think people have over analysed the situation.

For instance I don't see what's wrong with her wearing high fashion which is part of her culture since she is half Italian, I rather see that than the usually comical pageant patty clothes. If its okay for Miss Murica unpirs to wear Filipiniana then it's dam okay for Celeste to wear Italian high fashion.

She be alright anyway it's not like a useless Murican-Thai crown is pivotal to life afterall she is already Italian Filipino and have the privilege of being from those countries.
Hopefully Filipinos can get some of the classiness from Italians who look down on pathetic things like Pageants

This is not about her wearing high fashion. Whis is actually incredible and IMO was a fresh breath of air.
Its about her general cold attitude and she has a point about having a balance.
Yes she may have had some pieces of clothing that was more pageant suitable or more local for the sake of her future as this is at the end a pageant..
Elif87

Date of Birth: 11 Aug 1986
Profession: Media
Hobbies/Interests: get dressedup and spend money on overpriced lattes

Postby jhunz23 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:15 pm

Virginia Dalisay wrote:Lavinia hits the bullseye. :=p

She did. I heard na block pa siya ng MUPhOrg, because of her being straightforward.
Sana matake ito constructively.
jhunz23

Postby jhunz23 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:16 pm

Elif87 wrote:So many very accurate points.
I always say the same. Celeste thought this was in the bag.
It showed in her prelim performance, her sm attitude and coat over the shoulders bitchy vibes all the way.
Plus we all know her com skillz suck and her charity work was weak

It’s all out there

Hindi talaga naging relatable si Celeste.
She became aloof and elitist, ang layo kay Beatrice.
Hindi rin natin nakitang nag-enjoy sya sa pageant.
Bakas sa kanya pag-aalala.
jhunz23

Postby jhunz23 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:17 pm

Poseidon88 wrote:Jonas Gaffud et all will surely react :%)) :%)) :%))

I heard binlock nya raw si Tita Lavinia, hopefully makarating sa Org ito.
jhunz23

Postby jhunz23 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:19 pm

poker_man wrote:The points are all valid. Unfortunately, she wasn't the complete package as people make it out to be.

Celeste and her team obviously prepared but it was seen as a preparation to win the crown. Most of the girls had a lot of things going on outside pageantry. The girls in the semifinals are comprised of dentists, fashion designers, athletes, law school students, ballerinas, etc.

For Celeste, everything people know about her was that she is a model who is trying to make a career. There was nothing else substantial about her. It was always about the glitz and glamor side of things. That could have worked during the IMG and Trump eras or MGI, Miss International or Miss Earth but not in the current state of Miss Universe.

She couldn't even speak Filipino. Can you imagine a candidate from the USA who doesn't speak English? Kaloka diba? This is why Catriona in 2018 who didn't speak Tagalog then compensated by learning about the culture and incorporating it in her wardrobe so that she won't look like she was another ignorant bakasyunista beauty despite not living in the Philippines for majority of her life.

Celeste's Miss Universe resume was so weak. Compare her with Beatrice and Rabiya and you can tell that she had the weakest profile. Everyone was too complacent with her facial beauty, her fit body and her thigh gap. That's what people will remember about her in terms of presentation. :)>-

Nice and in depth analysis here!
jhunz23

Postby jhunz23 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:21 pm

Keribels Haliparot wrote:Gaganti tayo next year. Yung pambato natin may advocacy na ala mother theresa at kumakain ng mikropono sa q&a. :-j :-j :-j >:) <:-P

Dapat! Susmio,
Hindi enough na gawing hosts ang mga former Miss Universe Winners! Wa epek yun!
Nagsusumiklab na ang mga puso ng Sakbekihan!
jhunz23

Postby Puh Kee Mu » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:46 pm

ImageImageImage
Puh Kee Mu

Real Life Name/Nick: Chanchira Pichamon
Date of Birth: 12 Sep 1989
Profession: Transgender
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Gwand Internationals
Message: No ones is more hatedness than is them who was speakings the truthfullness.

Postby rockondude » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:56 pm

Hey Pinoys gotta say this. Celeste is the most beautiful candidate Philippines has send in a long time. She Should have place because at the end of the day she was marketable. The Miss Universe Org doesn't understand that in order to make money local organizations can not just crown some random nerdy they need a model who can actually go out there and make money. Miss Universe has really lose touch with normal everyday people who think of girl like the Miss USA as stiff and preachy. They need to relax i never seen a backlash as massive as this one in latin america people can not even watch the show
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.
rockondude

Real Life Name/Nick: julian
Date of Birth: 15 Aug 1985
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: i like to go to the gym
Message: There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

Postby plan8017 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:06 pm

I think her not placing might have been due also to the background checks done on her by Miss Anne the new owner. The owner has many close associates and friends in Philippine broadcast media. She must have corroborated what she saw in instagram photos of Celeste that were tagged to her instagram account by irate Thai fans. In the process, she might have learnt something about Celeste’s background or past. Her mind might have been poisoned by what she saw from Celeste’s instagram photos or heard from her friends in broadcast media in the Philippines who know or have something to say about Celeste and her past.

During the competition proper, the new owner reiterated in media what she expected from the new miss universe. She implied a strong background and advocacy. For me, these pronouncements should have been applied in the selection of country winners for the 72nd edition. Making policy pronouncements and sending confusing statements about the selection process during the competition proper is absolutely unfair, the messaging coming too late. The selection of the top 16 should have been a mix of what she desired and what the pageant experts predicted . After all, it was her maiden voyage into miss universe waters. What she expects of a winner is not tantamount to what pageant lovers expect. One may be an advocate of so many causes or be highly educated or a professional, but if she is not charismatic, relatable or does not represent a certain ideal, then how can appeal or make herself known or catch people’s interest. Who among us would like to sit in a room listening to Hernaz talking about menstrual equity. I’m lost, can’t relate. Sustainable fashion?! Transformational leadership? It takes years of sweat and tears to be a somebody in the cut throat business of fashion let alone be a leader of a community, run a successful business, or be known in an industry. This will be a hard act to follow especially in these bad times after Covid. So are we now assuming that for a woman to represent her country in Miss Universe and stand a chance of taking a spot in the top 16, she should have done any or all of the following prior to joining her national pageant: 1) finished a college degree; (2) doing advocacy work for at least three years; (3) pursuing a career; (4) running a business of her own etc. Are these parameters limiting, or to some extent, discriminatory? Add to these qualifications, she also has to be facially beautiful with a banging figure just like this year’s top 5. High caliber candidates such as Miss Thailand may find it hard in the future to compete against the likes of Miss DR who used to work for a US senator. In future editions of Miss Universe, we may witness glamazons (facially and physically) not making the cut. To expect 84 young women of varying ages (with 28yo as the age limit), economic backgrounds, life experiences, pageant training, organizational and funding support etc to have a strong advocacy before joining their local pageant or to represent their country in miss universe is a great disservice to women’s rights and equal opportunity for all women (especially in winning Miss Universe). This transformational leadership banner in effect is highly discriminatory as it limits the chances of majority of the delegates from becoming Miss Universe. That includes those that are not so as the the ones who made it to top 5. Does a high school graduate (eg Sushmita Sen) or fashion model (e.g., Celeste Cortesi) competing in Miss Universe now have lesser chances of winning even if they have greater charisma and marketability? Judging criteria should not be limited to a certain prototype or class of women. Harnaz won at age 21, did she really possess such sterling qualities and qualifications to make it all the way to the top. Advocacy will never be remembered. Who will remember Harnaz’s menstrual equality? It’s a candidates charisma, relatability, charm and overall performance during her reign that will make an impactful Miss Universe.
plan8017
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: dan
Profession: engineer
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit

Postby Yna Magenta » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:34 pm

plan8017 wrote:I think her not placing might have been due also to the background checks done on her by Miss Anne the new owner. The owner has many close associates and friends in Philippine broadcast media. She must have corroborated what she saw in instagram photos of Celeste that were tagged to her instagram account by irate Thai fans. In the process, she might have learnt something about Celeste’s background or past. Her mind might have been poisoned by what she saw from Celeste’s instagram photos or heard from her friends in broadcast media in the Philippines who know or have something to say about Celeste and her past.

During the competition proper, the new owner reiterated in media what she expected from the new miss universe. She implied a strong background and advocacy. For me, these pronouncements should have been applied in the selection of country winners for the 72nd edition. Making policy pronouncements and sending confusing statements about the selection process during the competition proper is absolutely unfair, the messaging coming too late. The selection of the top 16 should have been a mix of what she desired and what the pageant experts predicted . After all, it was her maiden voyage into miss universe waters. What she expects of a winner is not tantamount to what pageant lovers expect. One may be an advocate of so many causes or be highly educated or a professional, but if she is not charismatic, relatable or does not represent a certain ideal, then how can appeal or make herself known or catch people’s interest. Who among us would like to sit in a room listening to Hernaz talking about menstrual equity. I’m lost, can’t relate. Sustainable fashion?! Transformational leadership? It takes years of sweat and tears to be a somebody in the cut throat business of fashion let alone be a leader of a community, run a successful business, or be known in an industry. This will be a hard act to follow especially in these bad times after Covid. So are we now assuming that for a woman to represent her country in Miss Universe and stand a chance of taking a spot in the top 16, she should have done any or all of the following prior to joining her national pageant: 1) finished a college degree; (2) doing advocacy work for at least three years; (3) pursuing a career; (4) running a business of her own etc. Are these parameters limiting, or to some extent, discriminatory? Add to these qualifications, she also has to be facially beautiful with a banging figure just like this year’s top 5. High caliber candidates such as Miss Thailand may find it hard in the future to compete against the likes of Miss DR who used to work for a US senator. In future editions of Miss Universe, we may witness glamazons (facially and physically) not making the cut. To expect 84 young women of varying ages (with 28yo as the age limit), economic backgrounds, life experiences, pageant training, organizational and funding support etc to have a strong advocacy before joining their local pageant or to represent their country in miss universe is a great disservice to women’s rights and equal opportunity for all women (especially in winning Miss Universe). This transformational leadership banner in effect is highly discriminatory as it limits the chances of majority of the delegates from becoming Miss Universe. That includes those that are not so as the the ones who made it to top 5. Does a high school graduate (eg Sushmita Sen) or fashion model (e.g., Celeste Cortesi) competing in Miss Universe now have lesser chances of winning even if they have greater charisma and marketability? Judging criteria should not be limited to a certain prototype or class of women. Harnaz won at age 21, did she really possess such sterling qualities and qualifications to make it all the way to the top. Advocacy will never be remembered. Who will remember Harnaz’s menstrual equality? It’s a candidates charisma, relatability, charm and overall performance during her reign that will make an impactful Miss Universe.

korek, mejo makafal fezlak ng Miss Universe mag expect ng bongga sa mirats, ni pre-pageant na nga lang activities hindi magastusan, at puro dawho na ang kinukuhang performers dahil wiz budget 8-> @-)
Yna Magenta
ANGELS are the nicest persons of the forum.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1991
Profession: Reyna
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: Umaura

Postby mithiyaad » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:41 pm

plan8017 wrote:I think her not placing might have been due also to the background checks done on her by Miss Anne the new owner. The owner has many close associates and friends in Philippine broadcast media. She must have corroborated what she saw in instagram photos of Celeste that were tagged to her instagram account by irate Thai fans. In the process, she might have learnt something about Celeste’s background or past. Her mind might have been poisoned by what she saw from Celeste’s instagram photos or heard from her friends in broadcast media in the Philippines who know or have something to say about Celeste and her past.

Harnaaz won fair and square .... Look at India's Rep this year Divita .If you notice her video her advocacy was women empowerment; her team helped her to highlight her advocacy by capturing her personal example, her family pictures were included they kind of created an impact out of it... on top of everything she was a great speaker to crack top 16. She Represented India ( by wearing indian costumes at major events - even in interview). This shows her representation of India.

What did PH did - just trained Celeste to look like high fashion model...Celeste didnt even wore any costume inspired by PH turno ( not sure what you call that amazing Ph costume) ; No social media engagement at all from Celeste; i was watching her teams interview - they kept on saying she is authentic .. obviously she was authentic more to her Italian roots and judges could not see her Filipina connection. Celeste had amazing face , body - no advocacy. poor communication skills , not a strong connection to Philippines culture.... next year Ph needs to select a pure filipina to represent them.
mithiyaad

Real Life Name/Nick: argos
Date of Birth: 21 Jul 1986
Profession: it
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Hobbies/Interests: watxchin paegents, writing

Postby fortela » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:29 pm

I WAS THERE AT THE VENUE...IT WAS AN EXPLOSION OF SOUND AND COLORS FROM THE DRESSES OF FORMER BEAUTY QUEENS FROM AROUND THE WORLD ANF THE TRANSGENDERS WEARING ALL SORTS OF GOWNS FROM BRILLIANT GREEN TO RED...THE CROWD HAD SO MUCH ENERGY AND ENTHUSIASM, G=HORN BLARING EVERYWHERE A LOT OF SHOUTING AND SCREAMING I THOUGHT THE AUDITORIUM WAS GOING TO COLLAPSE FROM ALL THOSE FEET STOMPING..BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE FROM AROUND THE WORLD..YOUNG AND OLD MOSTLY YOUNG THOUGH,,IN FRONT OF US WERE GORGEOUS VENEZUELANS CHEERING FOR THEIR CANDIDATE.. A HANDSOME LAOTIAN WHO LOOKS LIKE A CELEBRITY FROM HIS COUNTRY WAVING THE FLAG OF LAOS...MISS UNIVERSE IS A POP CULTURE OF ITS OWN......ANYWAY BEFORE THE SHOW WE SPOKE TO A MISSOSOLOGIST WHO WORKS FOR A BIG BROADCASTING COMPANY IN MANILA..HE WAS INVITED TO WATCH THE PRELIMINARY INTERVIEWS OF MISS U..HE SAID THAT CELESTE WAS QUITE COLD DURING THE INTERVIEW AND AFTER THAT, EVEN HE TOOK CELESTE OUT OF HIS OWN PRIVATE TOP 15 LIST..
fortela

Real Life Name/Nick: ninen
Profession: paralegal
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageants

Postby Prozac » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:20 pm

Beckford Daniel did not mince a word when he said this:

I have two to three things to say about Miss Universe Philippines Celeste Cortesi as follows:-

1. Celeste was sabotaged by her organization. Celeste is one of those women who didn't need training at all in terms
of her walk and stage performance. She's one of those girls that could go to Miss Universe directly from her national
pageant and kill the stage. They ruined her walk and confidence because they changed who she really was. Her walk
and stage presence plus face alterations during her MUPh prelims and finals were already Miss Universe worthy. She
didn't need any improvement cause she was the improvement herself. Her organization should have only focused on
her speaking and leave her walk alone. Her organization also sabotaged her in term of styling and gowns. I mean
HELLO if there's a country with amazing designers that would be Philippines but they gave her such a mediocre prelims
gown plus I didn't like the suits she was wearing during the pageant week and that one hideous suit she wore at the
closed door interview. I started getting worried about her the moment I saw those videos of her training her org was
posting on YouTube. She didn't look like herself in those videos and that MUPh Celeste to me looked gone and altered.

2. Celeste lacked a clear and strong advocacy. I personally didn't even know what she was passionate about cause all
I ever saw on her Instagram was only her being beautiful and sexy. She had no strong cause that the organization could
have been impressed by especially after the ownership changed.

3. Celeste wasn't a well rounded competitor. Celeste had only one edge and that was her walk and on stage skills. She
was not a good speaker and she lacked personality. There were times when she came off as a diva and that's not relatable.
Intellect and eloquence are innate skills that can't be taught so I hope that the MUPh organization will find a delegate
who has those qualities naturally. She must have screwed out during interview and that's what brought her down.

NOTE: I hope the MUPh organization learns from this and bounce back stronger with a profound contender next year.

Prozac
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Butch
Date of Birth: 16 Mar 2016
Profession: Hospital Worker
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: bully buster, fake news antidote
Message: If you see bizarre behaviors in you, seek professional help.

Postby celebi » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:15 pm

I love watching and listening to Tita Lavinia... She has so many points to consider, honest when she favored a specific candidate but on point when giving reviews. MUPh has been complacent this year for so many factors.. though we need to wait for their explanations. It is sad to witnessed everything that backfired to Celeste but let us hope and pray that there are something more spectacular will happen to Celeste. I hope she considers joining Ms. Supranational or Ms. World. I want to see how she will redeem herself to the top.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt

Want an online business... click before you think
https://iamnursemillionaire.com
celebi

Date of Birth: 17 Apr 1986
Profession: Nurse

Postby Zac of NYC » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:19 am

Listen! The Miss Universe crown is a job. Just like any job opening , the qualifications, credentials and job interview are essential. Miss Universe Philippines was deficient in qualifications and credentials. Without credentials and qualifications to speak of, I’m sure her close door interview was dismal. Gone are the days that a pretty face, banging body and dazzling passarela contestants make it to the top. Now the MUO is looking for a winner who can transform the title to force of good and not to be trained to be confidently beautiful.
Zac of NYC
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: Zac
Date of Birth: 07 Jul 1990
Profession: Actor
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty

Postby jhunz23 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:56 am

Zac of NYC wrote:Listen! The Miss Universe crown is a job. Just like any job opening , the qualifications, credentials and job interview are essential. Miss Universe Philippines was deficient in qualifications and credentials. Without credentials and qualifications to speak of, I’m sure her close door interview was dismal. Gone are the days that a pretty face, banging body and dazzling passarela contestants make it to the top. Now the MUO is looking for a winner who can transform the title to force of good and not to be trained to be confidently beautiful.

That is so right!
I mean, isn't that the standard since 2015? Pia is a great speaker and she has LoveYourself partnership even before her Bb. Pilipinas stint.
jhunz23

Postby soledad » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:51 am

rockondude wrote:Hey Pinoys gotta say this. Celeste is the most beautiful candidate Philippines has send in a long time. She Should have place because at the end of the day she was marketable. The Miss Universe Org doesn't understand that in order to make money local organizations can not just crown some random nerdy they need a model who can actually go out there and make money. Miss Universe has really lose touch with normal everyday people who think of girl like the Miss USA as stiff and preachy. They need to relax i never seen a backlash as massive as this one in latin america people can not even watch the show

Right. To everyone, If Celeste is Miss USA she will win. Period.
soledad
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1988
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: RN
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Being single and an INFP-T

Postby Yna Magenta » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:59 am

Actually, napasama ang timing na parehong year nag-compete si Celeste at Spain, mas lalong nagkaroon ng diskonek sa laylayan si Celeste dahil nakumpara kay Alica, baka nakarating sa MUO, que bakit daw si Alicia marunong mag-tagalog at si Celeste ilang years na dito at may magulang pa na pinoy was raw nag-effort, sabi nga raw "pag gusto may paraan, pag ayaw tinatamad..."

Kaya ang may kasalanan talaga ng pagkaligwak ni Celeste ay si Alicia. Char >:D<
Yna Magenta

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1991
Profession: Reyna
Hobbies/Interests: Umaura

Postby poker_man » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:57 am

I disagree with the USA sash comment. Celeste couldn't even place with the strong Philippine sash. Celeste would never win the crown as Miss USA. She might have clapped at Miss USA.
poker_man

Date of Birth: 21 Jun 1985
Profession: Doctor
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty pageants

Postby sarahmarrow » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:15 pm

Pukeemu Ruang wrote:Nexts years Thailand will wins crown. Felepins starts now practice more clapping. :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ >:)

Too BAd for THAILAND. They cried 2 years in a row and it is a no surprise If it happens on a 3rd time because of a People like you.
sarahmarrow

Real Life Name/Nick: sarah
Date of Birth: 25 Dec 2000
Sexual Orientation: Bicurious
Profession: sales agent
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: watching tv

Postby RainBernardi » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:33 am

Really valid points on the performance, preparation and advocacy. She is strong facially but weak on the background.

though I will add this: Political
I remember how Th wishes someone Thai will buy the pageant. So remember this.
RainBernardi

Real Life Name/Nick: rain
Date of Birth: 08 Sep 1981
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: IT
Hobbies/Interests: miss universe

Return to Miss Universe