Stop bodyshaming Harnaaz Sandhu please

Stop bodyshaming Harnaaz Sandhu please

Postby escalantex » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:32 pm

Dear Misso users,

what is wrong with some of you? I was never actually a fan of Harnaaz Sandhu, but seeing the amount of bodyshaming related to her on Misso makes me really sick. I actually think that with more curves she looks as good as when she was thinner, and more importantly, none of that ruins her charisma.

Maybe you should focus on dealing with your own insecurities instead of publicly shaming this amazing young woman. Shame on you.

Think about your behaviour.

Bye,
escalante

escalantex
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Date of Birth: 13 Mar 1986
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: beauty expert
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty

Re: Stop bodyshaming Harnaaz Sandhu please

Postby Elif87 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:53 pm

Honey you act like you just joined this forum :-j
Elif87
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 11 Aug 1986
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Media
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: get dressedup and spend money on overpriced lattes

Postby artaestes » Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:31 pm

I may be rude but she should have resigned when she found out she has a health problem..
It is disrespectful foe the current miss universe candidates who are sacrificing a lot to have a decent body ...
artaestes

Real Life Name/Nick: ralhp
Date of Birth: 19 Jan 1985
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: blue collar
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: movies

Postby escalantex » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:30 pm

artaestes wrote:I may be rude but she should have resigned when she found out she has a health problem..
It is disrespectful foe the current miss universe candidates who are sacrificing a lot to have a decent body ...

How is it disrespectful please? She had a great shape when she was competed, enough to secure a first place, and the competition ended at that point. She should not be forced to keep looking 100% same for full year. After all you can't stop her from "aging" for that year. It is impossible due to never-ending flow of time, plain reality. You can re-watch the competition online for years and years and still see the contestants looking the same, but that's just a caption of one evening of their lives. In reality, they do change as time goes, we all do.

Over the years, in this forum we saw a lots of posts about how shocking it was when Donald Trump publicly humiliated Alicia Machado and forced her to excercise in front of press when she gained some weight back in 1996. 26 years later the forum users do the same thing to Harnaaz Sandhu. One would have guessed that we learned something since 1996.

"You never know what the person in front of you is dealing with in private life. So just be nice. It's that simple."
escalantex

Date of Birth: 13 Mar 1986
Profession: beauty expert
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty

Postby Ian Sebastin » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:45 am

I think when you decide to parade around on stage in a swimsuit then you're setting yourself up to be critiqued. It is a requirement in both the national pageants and the Universe stage.

I have watched many Youtube videos about formers saying how they're in the best shapes of their lives when they're competing. So, if body image is not important why do 99.5% of the girls competing in the system have the same body type?

Harnaaz was in amazing shape during both the Miss India pageant and Miss Universe. She obviously worked very hard to achieve that figure. Do you know why she achieved that figure? She hoped to one day win the title of Miss India and one day a Miss Universe title. Well, she did just that. Suddenly, a month into her reign she starts gaining weight. Harnaaz claims to have celiac disease which was apparently triggered due to a different diet. If that was the issue, she has a whole organization at her disposal. They are surely capable of working around her required dietary issues to prevent weight gain. They probably didn't want to because of this whole stupid woke culture and coming off as offensive. If Trump was still the owner of the pageant, he would have taken care of the issue directly.

People seem to forget at the end of the day the Miss Universe pageant is a beauty pageant. Women are judged and scored. Look at the daily youtube videos being posted of the girls in New Orleans. Do any of them look like Harnaaz? No. They do not. If Harnaaz had shown up to Israel last year looking like she did, she would not have won the crown. People would not have included her in their list.

She knew what she was signing up for. It is odd that she would be in the best shape of her life while she was competing in pageants and then the complete opposite after she won. If she does not care about her body then she should have competed looking the way she does now.

The Miss Universe Organization will never crown a plus-sized woman. So, a girl should not be allowed to gain a ridiculous amount of weight during her reign. She looks awful and I cannot wait to see her go.

AGENT OF BEAUTY
Ian Sebastin
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Insurance
Hobbies/Interests: Traveling and Beauty

Postby aldoteng » Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:07 am

I'm with Ian on this.

On one hand it is unnecessary to be overly cruel as Harnaaz is human after all. But on the other hand, she willingly joined a shallow beauty pageant (where you literally compete based on your physical beauty). She has to handle criticism about her body from shallow fans like you, me, and everyone who follows beauty pageants.

Again, it's a fucking beauty pageant. Your job is literally to be physically beautiful. If the general fanbase finds her current figure beautiful that's good (I'm overweight myself), but clearly the fanbase as of 2023 has not embraced this ideal yet.

If Lionel Messi starts to suck during his football matches, or if Kelly Clarkson sings like shit in her live performances, they're going to get criticized. We may offer sympathetic consideration if Lionel suffers a broken ankle or Kelly suffers from a sore throat, but it doesn't discount them from a job they signed up to do.
aldoteng

Real Life Name/Nick: aldoteng
Date of Birth: 20 Jan 2008
Profession: Trading
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Singing in the shower

Postby Mariana Erwin » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:45 am

At this moment, I do hope that Brook Lee's answers would help you all in this debate, or Dani's videos on this matter. And yes, I agree with the thread starter. This is one of the reasons why I also want pageants for curvy women to be much more famous, or even pageants like the Miss Petite pageants in the French Republic.
No more bashers in 2022, please.

Also, watch Dani Walker's video to know more on how bashers can kill with their words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbYUDqSC1UM
Mariana Erwin
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Date of Birth: 05 Apr 1988
Profession: ***********
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry
Message: Hello and welcome! Commenting on things in pageantry and critical of pageant issues.

Postby Mariana Erwin » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:47 am

Here's Dani's video on this matter:

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_9z5dNFx6c

And if you are interested, here's Brook Lee's answer in Miss USA before winning Miss Universe (also included is her hilarious Miss Universe answer that in reality, was addressing the issue). Sadly, I can only post YouTube links because the old method to post YouTube videos here is not working here.

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2YI02eTcQs
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbbkWK7DlWU

Also, watch Dani Walker's video to know more on how bashers can kill with their words.

Mariana Erwin

Message: Hello and welcome! Commenting on things in pageantry and critical of pageant issues.

Postby Mariana Erwin » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:49 am

There's obviously one reason why I am now answering this with these videos. Honestly, I wish that winners of pageants or candidates of pageants just push different standards, or if not, make other pageants more famous and give them coverage. If the major five won't include them, they should at least make the minor ones as famous to the point that people know much more about them.

Mariana Erwin

Postby misso_fan » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:14 pm

couldn't agree more!

Ian Sebastin wrote:I think when you decide to parade around on stage in a swimsuit then you're setting yourself up to be critiqued. It is a requirement in both the national pageants and the Universe stage.

I have watched many Youtube videos about formers saying how they're in the best shapes of their lives when they're competing. So, if body image is not important why do 99.5% of the girls competing in the system have the same body type?

Harnaaz was in amazing shape during both the Miss India pageant and Miss Universe. She obviously worked very hard to achieve that figure. Do you know why she achieved that figure? She hoped to one day win the title of Miss India and one day a Miss Universe title. Well, she did just that. Suddenly, a month into her reign she starts gaining weight. Harnaaz claims to have celiac disease which was apparently triggered due to a different diet. If that was the issue, she has a whole organization at her disposal. They are surely capable of working around her required dietary issues to prevent weight gain. They probably didn't want to because of this whole stupid woke culture and coming off as offensive. If Trump was still the owner of the pageant, he would have taken care of the issue directly.

People seem to forget at the end of the day the Miss Universe pageant is a beauty pageant. Women are judged and scored. Look at the daily youtube videos being posted of the girls in New Orleans. Do any of them look like Harnaaz? No. They do not. If Harnaaz had shown up to Israel last year looking like she did, she would not have won the crown. People would not have included her in their list.

She knew what she was signing up for. It is odd that she would be in the best shape of her life while she was competing in pageants and then the complete opposite after she won. If she does not care about her body then she should have competed looking the way she does now.

The Miss Universe Organization will never crown a plus-sized woman. So, a girl should not be allowed to gain a ridiculous amount of weight during her reign. She looks awful and I cannot wait to see her go.
misso_fan

Date of Birth: 02 Oct 1980
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: gym and music

Postby Virginia Dalisay » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:42 pm

Nothing wrong with being fat, but any Miss Universe winner should look pleasing in the eye as she is currently a public figure after she won the coveted crown.

In short, she should play the role, at least during her reign.

ImageImage
Virginia Dalisay

Date of Birth: 14 Feb 1991
Profession: Archeologist
Hobbies/Interests: Live the life you love and Love the life you live.
Message: Never be a prisoner of your past. It was just a lesson, not a life sentence.

Postby Ian Sebastin » Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:59 pm

Virginia Dalisay wrote:Nothing wrong with being fat, but any Miss Universe winner should look pleasing in the eye as she is currently a public figure after she won the coveted crown.

In short, she should play the role, at least during her reign.

Ditto.

AGENT OF BEAUTY
Ian Sebastin

Postby Mariana Erwin » Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:25 pm

Elif87 wrote:Honey you act like you just joined this forum :-j
I think he is pretty new to this forum, based on the tag, but he has a point.

Honestly, I admire Harnaaz for being herself and dealing with her health condition, while keeping it private if she needs to. I do hope that the Miss Universe Organization would be able to take care of any contestant or titleholder who deals with not just celiac disease but literally any disease that can be painful to deal with, or worse, chronic, yet they still manage to show up and be themselves.

Ultimately, if Miss Universe can't allow women to compete in this kind of physique, I do hope that they know that there are pageants out there for them that could get that famous as well. Examples include Miss Curvy (in France), along with several plus-size modelling agencies they could wish to pursue. Another is Miss Petite (also in France), and for those who are interested in rodeo, Miss Rodeo America. These pageants, I believe should get a lot of air time too and be able to make it, especially given that a general pageant like Miss Universe, despite being followed by us, gets criticism for what it is - a pageant for those who are of the modellesque standard who can speak up and do acts of service.

Miss Universe has a long way to go and these standards won't just disappear overnight, although I give credit to Harnaaz, who, despite these both constructive and destructive criticisms about her body, still does her best in her duties and responsibilities as Miss Universe.

Mariana Erwin

Postby Jim_From_Boston » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:44 pm

Quite frankly I’m more tired of virtue-signaling addicts lecturing the rest of us on “body-shaming” and overall social media etiquette. You’re nothing but self-righteous hypocrites who feign outrage in a lame attempt to elevate yourselves as paragons of compassion and tolerance while denunciating anyone who dares to offer a politically incorrect opinion. Here’s the reality. Harnaz, et al, chose to enter a beauty competition, and ended up winning the premier prize of Miss Universe. In doing so, she made the decision to put herself out there, and we’re all at liberty to weigh in with our thoughts and opinions. If you’re not able to handle that then perhaps a forum isn’t for you.
Jim_From_Boston

Real Life Name/Nick: Jim
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1986
Profession: Banking
Hobbies/Interests: Softball, Tennis, Basketball and Relaxing

Postby The.Apprentice » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:41 pm

Jim_From_Boston wrote:Quite frankly I’m more tired of virtue-signaling addicts lecturing the rest of us on “body-shaming” and overall social media etiquette. You’re nothing but self-righteous hypocrites who feign outrage in a lame attempt to elevate yourselves as paragons of compassion and tolerance while denunciating anyone who dares to offer a politically incorrect opinion. Here’s the reality. Harnaz, et al, chose to enter a beauty competition, and ended up winning the premier prize of Miss Universe. In doing so, she made the decision to put herself out there, and we’re all at liberty to weigh in with our thoughts and opinions. If you’re not able to handle that then perhaps a forum isn’t for you.

But that doesn't give people the right to write such outrageous and hateful comments to her. She's still a person, with a heart and a mind, who is reading all of this.
We don't know what happened, we probably never will, and to be honest she doesn't owe us anything in regards to her health or body type. She's not our object or property.
A politically incorrect opinion does not mean hate, or putting someone down constantly, or asking so many rude questions about it.

Seriously, people have overlooked her achievements because she gained weight. How sad is that. They only like Miss Universe for the runways, photoshoots and gowns dresses, not the girl herself.
Yes she was judged in her swimsuit but that doesn't mean people should be horrible to her because she changed. What happened to understanding each other and compassion.
And more so coming from usually LGBTQIA+ people who are bullied for who they are, what they look like, how they talk, how they behave....who now gang up and bully a 22 years old because she's not fitting in a specific beauty pageant mold.
What she went through in regards to her health is none of our business. I admire her tenacity and courage.
The.Apprentice

Date of Birth: 13 May 1990
Profession: Engineer

Postby lingintexas » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:09 pm

There is a big difference between fat shaming and constructive criticism. She looks like she has given up so sad. The ones that are fat shaming can`t hold a candle to her to begin with let alone compete in Miss farm hand
lingintexas

Real Life Name/Nick: Alvin-Michael Tiago Linton
Date of Birth: 23 Jan 1984
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Chemical Engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: Computers

Postby Jim_From_Boston » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:27 pm

The.Apprentice wrote:
Jim_From_Boston wrote:Quite frankly I’m more tired of virtue-signaling addicts lecturing the rest of us on “body-shaming” and overall social media etiquette. You’re nothing but self-righteous hypocrites who feign outrage in a lame attempt to elevate yourselves as paragons of compassion and tolerance while denunciating anyone who dares to offer a politically incorrect opinion. Here’s the reality. Harnaz, et al, chose to enter a beauty competition, and ended up winning the premier prize of Miss Universe. In doing so, she made the decision to put herself out there, and we’re all at liberty to weigh in with our thoughts and opinions. If you’re not able to handle that then perhaps a forum isn’t for you.

But that doesn't give people the right to write such outrageous and hateful comments to her. She's still a person, with a heart and a mind, who is reading all of this.
We don't know what happened, we probably never will, and to be honest she doesn't owe us anything in regards to her health or body type. She's not our object or property.
A politically incorrect opinion does not mean hate, or putting someone down constantly, or asking so many rude questions about it.

Seriously, people have overlooked her achievements because she gained weight. How sad is that. They only like Miss Universe for the runways, photoshoots and gowns dresses, not the girl herself.
Yes she was judged in her swimsuit but that doesn't mean people should be horrible to her because she changed. What happened to understanding each other and compassion.
And more so coming from usually LGBTQIA+ people who are bullied for who they are, what they look like, how they talk, how they behave....who now gang up and bully a 22 years old because she's not fitting in a specific beauty pageant mold.
What she went through in regards to her health is none of our business. I admire her tenacity and courage.

I don’t completely disagree with you; I really don’t. In a perfect world this wouldn’t even be an issue. Having said, much of what I’ve seen doesn’t even fall under body-shaming, but merely pointing out the obvious fact that she’s gained a noticeable amount of weight. She’s Miss Universe, so being evaluated based on looks is all part of the deal.

As an aside, I like her very much and hope she succeeds with whatever she does. That doesn’t change my personal opinion that Miss Universe winners should keep their weight in check during their reigns. That’s my personal opinion though and I don’t feel that the “woke police” should be dictating what we say.
Jim_From_Boston

Real Life Name/Nick: Jim
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1986
Profession: Banking
Hobbies/Interests: Softball, Tennis, Basketball and Relaxing

Postby Mariana Erwin » Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:50 am

The.Apprentice wrote:

I agree with this wholeheartedly. The entire thread shows one thing though: pageantry as an institution and a community has a very long way to go when it comes to these standards. (The funny part is that Miss Universe has allowed women like Ashley Graham to be a color commentator in the past few years, given that she is a plus-size model herself). At this moment, I just hope that the organization does better, along with their fans and even contestants (thankfully, Miss Bolivia has dethroned Fernanda Pavisic!).

Mariana Erwin

Postby Mariana Erwin » Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:56 am

lingintexas wrote:There is a big difference between fat shaming and constructive criticism. She looks like she has given up so sad. The ones that are fat shaming can`t hold a candle to her to begin with let alone compete in Miss farm hand
I also agree with this.

Mariana Erwin

Postby Ian Sebastin » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:15 am

OMG. Watching the prelims. She has gained so much weight. She does not look like a Miss Universe at all. Yikes. Should have been fired.

AGENT OF BEAUTY
Ian Sebastin

Postby jidelk » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:57 am

Sorry not sorry but she has always been free to leave. She joined a beauty pageant, competed and tied herself to a series of conditions that she needs to meet. Not sure if it's still the same but I remember some winners mentioning that by contract they needed to keep a healthy weight. She is not healthy

And if she was actually worried about her health, she would've quit and focused on taking care of herself.
But no, because the whole eating disease is just a made up story
jidelk
CUTIES are ADORABLE & CUTE members.

Real Life Name/Nick: Luis
Date of Birth: 04 Jun 1992
Profession: Student
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Music, dancing, learning languages

Postby jampol » Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:12 am

How did she gain so much fat? did she ate a lot of sweets, butter, or cheese :-O
jampol
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Profession: Porn actor
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Anyhing

Postby kantutay » Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:13 am

Reminds me of Karla Henry and Catriona's reign.
kantutay
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2000
Profession: Boss Bitch
Hobbies/Interests: travel

Postby Mariana Erwin » Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:20 am

kantutay wrote:Reminds me of Karla Henry and Catriona's reign.
I don't remember Catriona gaining that much weight, though - but yes, I do remember people also body-shaming her and calling her ''Fatriona'' for fun, which is disgusting.

Mariana Erwin

Postby Poseidon88 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:44 am

She is Miss Universe and she could have maintained her weight at the end of the day, it's still a beauty pageant
Poseidon88

Real Life Name/Nick: Cool Guy
Date of Birth: 12 Apr 1988
Profession: Model
Hobbies/Interests: Pageant

Postby jidelk » Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:49 am

Catriona gained some, which is somewhat normal and still looked gorgeous.
But Harnaaz is an extreme, that girl has no sense of her role
jidelk

Real Life Name/Nick: Luis
Date of Birth: 04 Jun 1992
Profession: Student
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Music, dancing, learning languages

Postby Poseidon88 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:40 am

jidelk wrote:

Catriona gained some, which is somewhat normal and still looked gorgeous.
But Harnaaz is an extreme, that girl has no sense of her role

Yeah its too much for me too
Poseidon88

Postby RainBernardi » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:59 am

it's really hard to tell the definition of a healthy body.
Is it when you are thin or is it when you are voluptuous?

for me. I think when you win Miss Universe or any pageants, you should still be marketable.
RainBernardi

Real Life Name/Nick: rain
Date of Birth: 08 Sep 1981
Profession: IT
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: miss universe

Postby Poseidon88 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:04 am

RainBernardi wrote:it's really hard to tell the definition of a healthy body.
Is it when you are thin or is it when you are voluptuous?

for me. I think when you win Miss Universe or any pageants, you should still be marketable.

At least a maintained figure is enough common she's miss universe after all, the queen of all pageants
Poseidon88

Postby Mariana Erwin » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:42 am

I hope administrators just lock this thread. It would be much more helpful than continuing this discourse that isn't helpful. At this moment, people should be more concerned about how Harnaaz is doing in regards to her work and her mental state, not her weight. Her mental health is more of a huge concern to me than her weight at this point, since her personality has somehow changed, given that she wasn't good in hosting the preliminaries (not to mention how she wasn't able to pronounce several countries' names in English!).

Hopefully, she will be able to move on forward from this and be able to apply all the lessons she has learned in her reign as Miss Universe not just to herself but to everyone she aims to inspire.

Mariana Erwin

Next

Return to Miss Universe