LET'S TALK ABOUT PAGEANTS (Share your thoughts here)

Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!

LET'S TALK ABOUT PAGEANTS (Share your thoughts here)

Postby firerprince » Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:44 am

Hello pageant fans or so as they call it in Indonesia, pageant lovars.

In 2022, how are your favorite pageant/s doing? What's their status? What pageant will get nuked soon?

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS HERE :hx

Last edited by firerprince on Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
firerprince
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Real Life Name/Nick: JC
Date of Birth: 05 Mar 1997
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Pageant Lurker
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry?

Re: LET'S TALK ABOUT PAGEANTS (No cry babies allowed)

Postby chorr » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:07 am

The only pageants that I follow ever since are Bb. Pilipinas, Miss Universe, Miss Venezuela and maybe MUT.
This year I followed (and following) Bb, MWPh, MUPh, Mister and MIiss Supra, Mister International PH, Miss Venezuela and MUT. Planning to follow Miss USA if I see more material instagram. Of course Miss Universe.

So far so good. I am learning about current trends in the mentioned pageants. The most disastrous pageant I followed so far is MWPh, ALV needs to stop.

Truth bombs, truth bombs everywhere!
chorr
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: tambays

Postby firerprince » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:22 am

Of course we will start with Miss Universe :-D

I can create a whole ass bio for Miss Universe without googling it. That's how much I know about it. If only this hobby gets paid :%))
Miss Universe is about to celebrate its 71st edition this year and it remains (non arguably) the best one out there.

So many thoughts:

- Still on top and I don't see any pageants overtaking it for at least the next 5 years. Some self-absorbed organizations might claim but in reality, it's still and will be Miss Universe.

- Since IMG took over we saw drastic changes in the pageant. In 2 ways we can easily identify them: Purpose & Production.
IMG transformed the pageant into a more adaptive and progressive pageant that the West at the very least can tolerate. People wanting Trump to return have no idea what they are saying. Being in the forefront of pageantry, Miss Universe can easily be canceled by the West if Trump is still in lead. In the last days of Miss Universe under Trump, the pageant was collapsing not financially but for political reasons. The archaic ways of Trump's Miss Universe will not survive this day, especially in how it treats women. The more stable and well-known Old Victoria's secret got nuked and only then did they rebrand. So the changes IMG implemented were wise and ahead of the time.

Can say that the turnover to IMG saved Miss Universe but did it help the brand grow? I'd say both Yes and No.
Miss Universe grew in a way where women can feel empowered, represented, and heard. The rebranding's openness paved way for many firsts making the pageant a more inclusive platform to step into. Modern Miss Universe is not a cover girl anymore, she speaks.
On the downside, production and pre-pageant activities' quality dropped big time. Many fans believed Miss Universe lost its glamour. Girls stay at a hotel, taking selfies and eating their hearts out at buffets 24/7. No important activities you can see them perform. They cut all photoshoots. Nothing for a pageant fan to consume aside from prelims and finale night. Did Miss Universe become a one-night pageant only?

All I can say is, that the rebranding has nothing to do with the entertainment part losing. It's purely management's call and Paula has no idea how to run a fun pageant. To our surprise, Amy Emmerich, a visionary media executive with a track record of innovation, leadership, and Emmy-winning original content across multiple platforms, took her place as MUO's CEO (first time?). Amy's existence tells me they know Paula can't handle the brand effectively and needs a creative mind to take over. At this point, we have no idea if Amy will is a blessing or hell for us. Let's wish for the best.

WHAT ARE THE THINGS MISS UNIVERSE NEEDS TO DO?

Very simple:
1. Improve pre-pageant activities.
2. Hire creative people for it.
3. Create contents that pull attention.
4. Make the pageant highlight more about the candidate's culture than her background. No one cares if Nadia Ferreria has congenital torticollis.
5. Hire consultants
6. Improve on-stage production. Better exposure for girls in EG and SS. Less talking por favor.

MISS UNIVERSE NEEDS TO FIND THE RIGHT BALANCE BETWEEN ENTERTAINMENT AND POLITICAL CORRECTNESS.
Shouldn't be too obscene as MGI and not too boring as MW. In between is where Miss Universe should stand and it'll be perfect for the brand.
firerprince

Re: LET'S TALK ABOUT PAGEANTS (Share your thoughts here)

Postby LonFlores » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:01 am

firerprince wrote:

In 2022, how are your favorite pageant/s doing? What's their status? What pageant will get nuked soon?

I only look for two things in a pageant or any contest. One, excitement. Two, integrity. Based on these criteria, I only follow Miss Universe and ME. As for national pageants, wala. Not because they do not possess those two qualities but limited lang free time akitch. MW? LOL. Boring and politicized masyado. Very obvious na may pabor pabor. MI? Boring. The rest are minor pageants like MS na shady and boring na rin, MGI na walang integrity at getting boring sa too much pakulo. MIC and MG, boring ala MI junior.
LonFlores
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Lon Flores
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1990
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Artist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing

Postby firerprince » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:03 am

LonFlores wrote:
firerprince wrote:

I only look for two things in a pageant or any contest. One, excitement. Two, integrity. Based on these criteria, I only follow Miss Universe and ME. As for national pageants, wala. Not because they do not possess those two qualities but limited lang free time akitch. MW? LOL. Boring and politicized masyado. Very obvious na may pabor pabor. MI? Boring. The rest are minor pageants like MS na shady and boring na rin, MGI na walang integrity at getting boring sa too much pakulo. MIC and MG, boring ala MI junior.

Interesting :hx May I know why MS is shady on your opinion?
firerprince

Postby firerprince » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:05 am

chorr wrote:The only pageants that I follow ever since are Bb. Pilipinas, Miss Universe, Miss Venezuela and maybe MUT.
This year I followed (and following) Bb, MWPh, MUPh, Mister and MIiss Supra, Mister International PH, Miss Venezuela and MUT. Planning to follow Miss USA if I see more material instagram. Of course Miss Universe.

So far so good. I am learning about current trends in the mentioned pageants. The most disastrous pageant I followed so far is MWPh, ALV needs to stop.

ALV needs to find other hobbies/business for real. I bet ALV will bit by bit remove his hands from MW and will focus on MGI Philippines.
firerprince

Postby LonFlores » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:08 am

firerprince wrote:
LonFlores wrote:
firerprince wrote:

Interesting :hx May I know why MS is shady on your opinion?

Trace its past and you will know why. You may argue, that is in the past already? But there are current acts aligned with that past, i.e. questionable placements, pleasing this and that, no official tabulator, etc.
LonFlores

Real Life Name/Nick: Lon Flores
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1990
Profession: Artist
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing

Postby kurtij » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:03 am

MISS WORLD PHILIPPINES NEEDS A MAJOR REVAMP.
THEY NEED STRATEGIES IN ALOT OF ASPECTS.

I'LL JUST KEEP WHAT I FEEL TOWARDS SUPRA.
kurtij
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: m_cronin
Date of Birth: 27 Dec 1989
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Missosologist
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: CURSING

Postby manoypoe » Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:32 pm

LonFlores wrote:
firerprince wrote:

Same here, I only religiously follow Miss Earth of course and partly Miss Universe, if I like certain Queens especially Filipina Queens. Recently, I enjoyed to the hilt Miss Earth Vietnam. I never thought that Vietnam can produce such classy and world class national pageant. I did not watch the whole Miss Universe Vietnam though.

Miss Earth Vietnam is 10x entertaining than Miss Supra for me. I never cringed or felt awkward. Despite not understand anything, I was not bored. It was fast-paced, well executed. Very fair pageant unlike Supra which was a huge mess, with over glossy stage which is sore to the eyes (on computer screen) and questionable judging. =O/ =O/
manoypoe

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby Busyboy » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:38 am

firerprince wrote:

MUP, Bb. Pilipinas are worth following. MWPh and MEP needs to do something to be more palatable to many.

In the international front, Miss Universe, as always, is very exciting. It will always be the most legit one.
ME, in far 2nd, is assembling another interesting batch. Keeping my fingers crossed that the final night will be so much better than the past editions. So happy to know too that MI is back this year. As regards MW, I just wait for the winner from the news yearly.
THE BIG FOUR

M U - M W - M E - M I
Busyboy

Date of Birth: 31 May 1984
Profession: Hobbyist
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Travel/Trivia

Postby Elyerno Zabagguri » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:42 am

BAKIT NANDIYAN YUNG MISS GRANDMAMA? YOU'RE KEEPING PROMOTING THAT SCAM/GARBAGE PAGEANT.
Elyerno Zabagguri
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Real Life Name/Nick: Superstar Elyerno
Date of Birth: 02 Sep 1988
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Writer, Producer, Talent Manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants, Showbiz

Return to GENERAL