2022 Edition: Bb Pilipinas or Miss Universe Philippines

2022 Edition: Bb Pilipinas or Miss Universe Philippines

Postby sephie » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:14 pm

As of now, which national pageant is more exciting for you?

sephie
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageants

Re: 2022 Edition: Bb Pilipinas or Miss Universe Philippines

Postby esperasave » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:33 pm

Exciting for me is when the candidates are presented with the qualities of being intelligent, fit, talented, commercial appealling personality that's capable to maximize their potentials in the TV, MOVIES, MODELLING or COMMERCIALS. And Please don't make them Philanthropist at their age. They are just too young to do that. She needs to earn a decent living for herself, her team or her family that she'll gonna raise and her immediate family that she was brought out. Likewise, if I become one of the judges and when I encounter even one lady that is unprepared, with luckluster presentation or can't answer intelligently with questions, I'm gonna walk out as a judge as soon as I can. I can't deal with situations like that. These women are not suppose to be Miss Gladiator, Miss Transgender, Miss Buffet, Miss Philantrophy, Miss Intimidating, Miss Pandemic, Miss Invasion but they are Miss Photogenic, Miss Swimsuit or Miss Public Speaker. And most importantly, they are young, talented, bright, intelligent, fit or active and they are suppose to Belong where they should be. Even GAY beauty contestants have competed to hundreds of contests over the years. Subsequently, they have maximized their talents and potentials to earn a living for their families. Are they just gonna beat those Women Pageantries just like that when it comes to the opportunities that The Women could get in their life with all those qualities they already have.
esperasave
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

Postby beautywatchnyc » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:55 am

Why discriminate one against the other when each pageant event is supposed to bring entertainment values to the viewing public. Why can't it be both? Each pageant org fields in a different set of girls with non-conflicting end goals and as far as we know the winners will be fielded to compete in various titles in the global stage. Besides, the finale night will be staged separately why create a schism when defeatist duplication is nowhere seen in the horizon?
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy

Postby LonFlores » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:29 am

beautywatchnyc wrote:
Why discriminate one against the other when each pageant event is supposed to bring entertainment values to the viewing public. Why can't it be both? Each pageant org fields in a different set of girls with non-conflicting end goals and as far as we know the winners will be fielded to compete in various titles in the global stage. Besides, the finale night will be staged separately why create a schism when defeatist duplication is nowhere seen in the horizon?

In short, Bb. Pilipinas!
LonFlores
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Lon Flores
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1990
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Artist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing

Postby mharlon » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:24 am

Both are exciting but I would choose MUPH. I will just watch Bb. Pilipinas finals and see which girls won and that's it.

Miss Universe Philippines is something I would invest time in far beyond the national coronation night.
mharlon

Real Life Name/Nick: mharlon
Hobbies/Interests: poker

Postby XAMURAI » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:42 am

I did not have any high expectation for Bb Pilipinas because MI is already expecting Hannah to compete this year. However, the quality of applicants at Bb Pilipinas is topnotch! It is still the most sought after pageant title in the Philippines!
My Interview for GMA Western Visayas

[youtube]0UHn679-4P4[/youtube]
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping

Postby LonFlores » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:20 am

mharlon wrote:Both are exciting but I would choose MUPH. I will just watch Bb. Pilipinas finals and see which girls won and that's it.

Miss Universe Philippines is something I would invest time in far beyond the national coronation night.

Bb. Pilipinas pa rin. Regal and classy.
LonFlores

Real Life Name/Nick: Lon Flores
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1990
Profession: Artist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing

Postby Binibining ZOZI » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:54 pm

LonFlores wrote:
mharlon wrote:Both are exciting but I would choose MUPH. I will just watch Bb. Pilipinas finals and see which girls won and that's it.

BINIBINING PILIPINAS, NOT MONEY MAKING AND OPEN TO PUBLIC,,,UNLIKE MUP VERY EXCLUSIVE JUST FROM THEIR CIRCLES...AND THE CANDIDATES WILL SPEND ON THEIR OWN POCKET TO PRODUCE ALL THOSE VIDEOS, IT IS NOT FAIR FOR THEM.
Binibining ZOZI

Real Life Name/Nick: princess
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2000
Profession: cabin crew
Hobbies/Interests: travelling, pageantry

Postby mharlon » Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:06 pm

Binibining ZOZI wrote:
LonFlores wrote:

BINIBINING PILIPINAS, NOT MONEY MAKING AND OPEN TO PUBLIC,,,UNLIKE MUP VERY EXCLUSIVE JUST FROM THEIR CIRCLES...AND THE CANDIDATES WILL SPEND ON THEIR OWN POCKET TO PRODUCE ALL THOSE VIDEOS, IT IS NOT FAIR FOR THEM.

Binibining Pilipinas, not money making? Are you effing serious? Come back to me if they offer the coronation tickets for free, they don't have corporate sponsors, or on their coronation night no TV ads will be shown etc.

Only a fool like you would believe they are not after to make money. They are running a business here.
mharlon

Postby ajsy0203 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:01 pm

mharlon wrote:
Binibining ZOZI wrote:
LonFlores wrote:

Binibining Pilipinas, not money making? Are you effing serious? Come back to me if they offer the coronation tickets for free, they don't have corporate sponsors, or on their coronation night no TV ads will be shown etc.

Only a fool like you would believe they are not after to make money. They are running a business here.

Bb. Pilipinas 2021 took a bold step by airing the pageant 100% live on national television and the reality of long deliberation felt by the viewers, yet it was still a fast paced finals.
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby poker_man » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:47 am

MUP always suffers in terms of quality of candidates. Though Binibining Pilipinas has lost the major crowns, they produce the better set of winners.
poker_man

Date of Birth: 21 Jun 1985
Profession: Doctor
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty pageants

Postby beautywatchnyc » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:50 pm

mharlon wrote:
Binibining ZOZI wrote:
LonFlores wrote:

How does one run a non-stock, non-profit as BPCI is as a business "for profit" entity?

As stated in its By-Laws and Articles of Incorporation, net revenues earned through its operations are going to be plowed back by BPCI to various charitable organizations, i.e. Hospicio bahay ampunan, target LGU social amelioration recipients, feeding programmes for the underprivileged, etc. If in doubt, kindly run a fact check with the SEC about BPCI's legal personality, rights and privileges. Per its charter, the Org is tax exempt; no stockholders is listed in the org's set-up, accordingly.

As far as I know, the various committees that were appointed and running the BPCI during pre-and-pageant-season-proper are operating on "ad-hoc" status which meant they will disband operations few days after the pageant is concluded. A "skeleton" personnel will function under the direction of the Chairman Emeritus and hold positions of responsibility in conjunction with their day jobs as regular employees of UniProm, a major subsidiary of the Araneta Group with offices in the central HQ in AC, Cubao.

Get your facts straight to avoid confusion and disseminating wrong information among the uninitiated on this particular matter. If otherwise, mapagkamalang nag mamarunong ka lng and that is not right and totally unfair to BPCI (because no one from among its ranks is present to defend itself here in the fora)!
Last edited by beautywatchnyc on Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
beautywatchnyc

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy

Postby ARAYKOPO » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:20 am

Hayop kang bakla ka, gumawa ka talaga ng tread para dito. Pero ito ang opinion ko para sa iyo mahaderang bakla.

One pageant is full of superficial airhead candidates vying for minor pageants internationally while the other one is the opposite . So, na gets mo ba hampas lupang bakla?
Last edited by ARAYKOPO on Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
ARAYKOPO

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1990
Profession: I.T.
Hobbies/Interests: sports

Postby ARAYKOPO » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:29 am

XAMURAI wrote:I did not have any high expectation for Bb Pilipinas because MI is already expecting Hannah to compete this year. However, the quality of applicants at Bb Pilipinas is topnotch! It is still the most sought after pageant title in the Philippines!

Topnotch because of looks? You are too shallow hampas lupang bakla. >:) >:) >:)
ARAYKOPO

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1990
Profession: I.T.
Hobbies/Interests: sports

Postby sephie » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:49 am

poker_man wrote:MUP always suffers in terms of quality of candidates. Though Binibining Pilipinas has lost the major crowns, they produce the better set of winners.

You are very telling
sephie

Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageants

Postby poker_man » Sun May 01, 2022 2:01 pm

You can obviously tell that MUP took notes from last year's Binibining Pilipinas coronation. They did it live for free on YouTube, they had an all female hosting team, they made a Miss Universe winner host the show for the first time, and they had the interaction with the fans segment as well. They even copied the inspirational number towards the end. Darren did it for BPCI and they had Morissette do it for MUP.

Nung pumatok for BPCI, ginaya nila. Buti na lang talaga naglevel up si Pia sa hosting skills niya. The last time she hosted, sobrang lamya, halatang baguhan pa siya, ang laki ng improvement niya talaga.
poker_man

Date of Birth: 21 Jun 1985
Profession: Doctor
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty pageants

Postby mharlon » Mon May 02, 2022 2:28 pm

beautywatchnyc wrote:
mharlon wrote:
Binibining ZOZI wrote:
LonFlores wrote:

How does one run a non-stock, non-profit as BPCI is as a business "for profit" entity?

As stated in its By-Laws and Articles of Incorporation, net revenues earned through its operations are going to be plowed back by BPCI to various charitable organizations, i.e. Hospicio bahay ampunan, target LGU social amelioration recipients, feeding programmes for the underprivileged, etc. If in doubt, kindly run a fact check with the SEC about BPCI's legal personality, rights and privileges. Per its charter, the Org is tax exempt; no stockholders is listed in the org's set-up, accordingly.

As far as I know, the various committees that were appointed and running the BPCI during pre-and-pageant-season-proper are operating on "ad-hoc" status which meant they will disband operations few days after the pageant is concluded. A "skeleton" personnel will function under the direction of the Chairman Emeritus and hold positions of responsibility in conjunction with their day jobs as regular employees of UniProm, a major subsidiary of the Araneta Group with offices in the central HQ in AC, Cubao.

Get your facts straight to avoid confusion and disseminating wrong information among the uninitiated on this particular matter. If otherwise, mapagkamalang nag mamarunong ka lng and that is not right and totally unfair to BPCI (because no one from among its ranks is present to defend itself here in the fora)!

Still, they need to make money. I never said they need to earn PROFIT. There is a HUGE difference between the two so don't act all knowing na ikaw lang ang nakakaalam ng terms.

I am not questioning whatever they do with whatever earnings they had. I am also aware of them being a charity/non-profit entity. My point, even if they are registered as a charity, they need to earn money (NOT profit/margin/income/EBITDA) pa rin. Like I said money to pay production, allowances/salaries/remuneration (whatever applies) to get things going so that they can continue their charities as well as tax-exempt status.

It's as simple as that. Audience will still pay for coronation tickets, candidates will still pay joining fees. BPCI will still pay franchise fees to the international orgs. Money matters pa rin yan. BPCI will give any earnings to charities so kudos! MUPH will spend their revenues as they please is also okay (as long as it's legal).

But it's foolish to paint a picture that Bb. Pilipinas won't funnel cash out of it's audience. They're not doing it for free, - LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.
mharlon

Return to Miss Universe