Hot Issue: Carla beat Manasa & Tracy in the Final 6

Hot Issue: Carla beat Manasa & Tracy in the Final 6

Postby ajsy0203 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:48 am

Carla Yules just blocked Manasa Varanasi's attempt to do the historic 3rd Miss Universe-Miss World double victory for India at 70th Miss World. Also Carla beat Tracy Perez despite Carla struggled in terms of communication skills and let the Indonesian pageant fans mocked Philippines because they only placed in the Top 12 but Philippines already won Miss World in 2013.

Do you think personality, x-factor and attitude prevailed over beauty and intelligence at Miss World? Do you think the judges and Madam Julia chose Carla over Manasa & Tracy because Carla more fitted to work with MWO than Manasa & Tracy since this was also a job interview or another case of political motivated decisions just like in the past?

Last edited by ajsy0203 on Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Re: Hot Issue: Carla beat Manasa & Tracy in the Final 6

Postby FragranceExotica » Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:33 am

its not Carla who blocked Manasa or Tracy. If it were the continental cut, you could atleast say that. Its julia and mwo decided to cut them out.
Even though it is a sad thing when thinking of losing the alpha double streak for the third. I would like to see the positive side of it. Now both Indian fans and miss universe team are enjoying and celebrating Holi together in India. Its the dream of indian pageant fans to see such a thing. And Indian fans now know, India has a whopping 6 MW crowns, so winning another crown so soon wont be easy.

As everybody say, India needs to focus more on Miss Universe now. After watching yesterday's debacle of MW, i think Miss Universe is miles ahead.
India will continue fighting hard. If we cant win or place high at Miss Universe or MW, its a shame as a powerhouse, even if we win any other minor pageants 10 times.

Tracy also did her best in my opinion. She literally fought hard for the second crown. But everything looked predecided. If MWO doesnt want Manasa or Tracy, its ok.
There might be something bigger waiting for them in future. But as I always strongly assert that pageants should be devoid of politics. MWO did over smart this time, hoping to gain popularity. Hope it doesnt backfire.

The biggest setback was for SA, i still cant digest Shudu was not even allowed to enter top 12 :%(( . So as Alejandra. I thought MWO liked her a lot. So for a decade, a Venezuelan queen couldnt go beyond top 40/30. @-)

I liked Poland so much, but if the finale had Manasa, Shudu, Tracy, Alejandra all answering the final QA and from this if she had emergedas a winner, it would have been regal. :)>- :)>-
FragranceExotica
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Journalist
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Pageantry

Postby riverrobles » Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:44 pm

Why is this a hot issue? Carla Yules did well . This is Miss World and at the Finals night, the judges ranked Miss Indonesia higher than Miss Philippines and Miss India as simple as that.

Yes Miss Philippines and Miss India were frontrunners in the said pageant during the preliminaries gaining high accumulated scores second only to Olivia Yace of Ivory Coast but on the live stage they did not perform well. I have these reasons:

1. The set of judges that picked the Top 40 last December 16 is not the same set of judges that picked the top 12 and top 6 on March 16.
2. Momentum - the peak performance of the front runners waned after the finals night was moved 3 months after , you can see the change on their physical appearance and the enthusiasm in their voices (guilty is Miss Ivory Coast, Miss Philippines)
3. Live stage face and the social media face - Miss Ivory Coast does not look the way she looks on photos, her images on TV or live motion is totally diffferent in print or social media, Miss Philippines squints her eyes when she speaks totally different in photos and in the live stage, Miss Czech Republic is way different face than live
4. They became emotional , no sob stories on a party - guilty are Miss Philippines, Miss Colombia and Miss Mexico, the aura they showed was more of sadness and not positivity, check the video of how Miss Colombia and how Miss Philippines spoke, it lacks energy
5. Nerves got them - Miss France, Miss Somalia, Miss Vietnam, Miss Mexico's voice was cracking at first but she recovered
6. Never looking at the judges table - Miss India, Miss Somalia (Poland, Indonesia, Ivory Coast clearly were looking and talking to the judges,I have a video from within the venue while they stand in front of the judges)
7. Too much hand gestures - Miss India
8. Too much facial contortions - Miss Vietnam, Miss Northern Ireland

Since this is Miss World and not Miss Universe, the scores of delegates whose prelim performance were low can catch-up at the finals night, this is what happened to Miss Indonesia and has been like this for ages. It is just because you or other so called missosologists or pageant experts are really hesitant to understand the system at Miss World.

I mean everybody saw the video of the finals night, on the Top 12 or semifinals segment, this is usually the stage presence or visual impression portion where the Top 12 ladies are rank, this is not yet the Q and A, the exchange of words between the ladies and the host Peter Andre is a chat. Again the emphasis of this round is stage presence. Here Carla Yules did well.
A bonus is she spoke in English even if her mother tongue is not English compared Miss Philippines and Miss India whose national or business languages are English.
I was really surprised because all the 13 finalists spoke in English and delegates like Miss Indonesia, Miss France, Miss Vietnam, Miss Colombia chose to speak not their mother tongue.
riverrobles

Real Life Name/Nick: River
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1975
Profession: Project Management
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: Films, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Isabel Allende

Postby ClubEarthMisso » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:30 pm

FragranceExotica wrote:

The biggest setback was for SA, i still cant digest Shudu was not even allowed to enter top 12 :%(( . So as Alejandra. I thought MWO liked her a lot. So for a decade, a Venezuelan queen couldnt go beyond top 40/30. @-)

We can only speculate what were Mrs Morley and/or the judges thought to exclude them in Top 12 especially Venezuela a country once a powerhouse in Miss World.
The 23rd Annual
MISS❀EARTH
Competition

V I E T N A M

2023's highly anticipated international environmental event
will feature women from four corners of the globe vying for
the coveted Miss Earth crown
ClubEarthMisso
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 11 Sep 2001
Profession: Unknown
Hobbies/Interests: I don't have any interests

Postby kurtij » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:48 pm

Not sure but being crowned as early as 2019? must have given her the advantage.
kurtij
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: m_cronin
Date of Birth: 27 Dec 1989
Profession: Missosologist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: CURSING

Postby ajsy0203 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:55 pm

kurtij wrote:Not sure but being crowned as early as 2019? must have given her the advantage.

Carla won in 2020 few months before the first global lockdown.
ajsy0203

Postby staccato » Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:53 pm

She deserves our beautiful girl to be in Top 6 or even higher. Miss World Organization had decided she deserves to be QUEEN OF ASIA. That's the fact and it won't change...
[youtube]06_-39SCSu8[/youtube]
staccato

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1985
Profession: love maker
Hobbies/Interests: making love

Postby life » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:09 pm

riverrobles wrote:Why is this a hot issue? Carla Yules did well . This is Miss World and at the Finals night, the judges ranked Miss Indonesia higher than Miss Philippines and Miss India as simple as that.

Yes Miss Philippines and Miss India were frontrunners in the said pageant during the preliminaries gaining high accumulated scores second only to Olivia Yace of Ivory Coast but on the live stage they did not perform well. I have these reasons:

1. The set of judges that picked the Top 40 last December 16 is not the same set of judges that picked the top 12 and top 6 on March 16.
2. Momentum - the peak performance of the front runners waned after the finals night was moved 3 months after , you can see the change on their physical appearance and the enthusiasm in their voices (guilty is Miss Ivory Coast, Miss Philippines)
3. Live stage face and the social media face - Miss Ivory Coast does not look the way she looks on photos, her images on TV or live motion is totally diffferent in print or social media, Miss Philippines squints her eyes when she speaks totally different in photos and in the live stage, Miss Czech Republic is way different face than live
4. They became emotional , no sob stories on a party - guilty are Miss Philippines, Miss Colombia and Miss Mexico, the aura they showed was more of sadness and not positivity, check the video of how Miss Colombia and how Miss Philippines spoke, it lacks energy
5. Nerves got them - Miss France, Miss Somalia, Miss Vietnam, Miss Mexico's voice was cracking at first but she recovered
6. Never looking at the judges table - Miss India, Miss Somalia (Poland, Indonesia, Ivory Coast clearly were looking and talking to the judges,I have a video from within the venue while they stand in front of the judges)
7. Too much hand gestures - Miss India
8. Too much facial contortions - Miss Vietnam, Miss Northern Ireland

Since this is Miss World and not Miss Universe, the scores of delegates whose prelim performance were low can catch-up at the finals night, this is what happened to Miss Indonesia and has been like this for ages. It is just because you or other so called missosologists or pageant experts are really hesitant to understand the system at Miss World.

I mean everybody saw the video of the finals night, on the Top 12 or semifinals segment, this is usually the stage presence or visual impression portion where the Top 12 ladies are rank, this is not yet the Q and A, the exchange of words between the ladies and the host Peter Andre is a chat. Again the emphasis of this round is stage presence. Here Carla Yules did well.
A bonus is she spoke in English even if her mother tongue is not English compared Miss Philippines and Miss India whose national or business languages are English.
I was really surprised because all the 13 finalists spoke in English and delegates like Miss Indonesia, Miss France, Miss Vietnam, Miss Colombia chose to speak not their mother tongue.

Are you kidding me? Miss India did not perform well on the live stage??? First of all I did not see any excess hand gestures from Miss India. And even if she did, what's the big deal? That is a baseless excuse to stop someone from advancing. Did not look at the judges table?? Well from what I saw she kept alternating between the host and judges. Isn't that better than just staring at judges? She maintained a balance and gave attention to both. Again not such a big flaw to discredit someone who is so well spoken in general and proved that live on stage by giving a fantastic reply. Please don't indulge in such petty criticism
life

Real Life Name/Nick: life
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1984
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: chat,browse,meet people,play

Postby Prozac » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:24 am

river robles wrote:

2. Momentum - the peak performance of the front runners waned after the finals night was moved 3 months after , you can see the change
on their physical appearance and the enthusiasm in their voices (guilty is Miss Ivory Coast, Miss Philippines)

That is precisely what I was telling everybody before. The postponement will surely change the dynamics and the direction of the contest.
If you are "llamado" in December, there is a big chance that you will become "dehado" in March. In the same vein, if the prospects of winning
are slimmer last December, you still have the chance to catch up in March.

If you see changes in the enthusiasm of the voices of the candidates, they must have already sensed that this is a losing battle the moment
they arrived in Puerto Rico. Even the Julia in December is different from the Julia in March. Somebody can always change perspectives and
points of view, especially if there is a three months lull.

If there are changes in the composition of the judges, the chances and the prospects become even slimmer.
Prozac
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Butch
Date of Birth: 16 Mar 2016
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Hospital Worker
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: bully buster, fake news antidote
Message: If you see bizarre behaviors in you, seek professional help.

Postby XAMURAI » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:39 am

Carla was very engaging. Her smile was warm and friendly. Indonesia had sent better girls in the past who did not go further than expected. The pageant world doesn't revolve around Philippines or India. The Philippines also had a fair share of undeserved high placements in several major pageants. Let's just put it that way.
My Interview for GMA Western Visayas

[youtube]0UHn679-4P4[/youtube]
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping

Postby chorr » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:47 am

XAMURAI wrote:Carla was very engaging. Her smile was warm and friendly. Indonesia had sent better girls in the past who did not go further than expected. The pageant world doesn't revolve around Philippines or India. The Philippines also had a fair share of undeserved high placements in several major pageants. Let's just put it that way.

????

I thought Carla was the BEST LOOKING Indonesian girl EVERYWHERE, yet she did not deliver during the pageant. If only she made at least BWAP or H2H then that podium finish could've been a little bit more justified.

Truth bombs, truth bombs everywhere!
chorr
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: tambays

Postby XAMURAI » Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:01 am

chorr wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:Carla was very engaging. Her smile was warm and friendly. Indonesia had sent better girls in the past who did not go further than expected. The pageant world doesn't revolve around Philippines or India. The Philippines also had a fair share of undeserved high placements in several major pageants. Let's just put it that way.

????

I thought Carla was the BEST LOOKING Indonesian girl EVERYWHERE, yet she did not deliver during the pageant. If only she made at least BWAP or H2H then that podium finish could've been a little bit more justified.

You go and tell that to Koyal in 2014!
Tell that to Bela in 2016!
To Shrinkhala in 2018!

They all led their respective years with massive support and amassing high placements in challenge events but still failed to get the Asian Continental queen award.

In fact, Indonesia and Nepal had a few BWAP winners (look, not just a Top 5 but actual winner!) who did NOT even get the Continental Queen award! So I don't understand where the whining is coming from. This is Miss World! Challenge events DO NOT matter the moment they are reduced to Top 12 or Top 13! Every real pageant expert knows that! Ivian was not even a finalist in BWAP! Rolene was just Top 10. Stephanie was nowhere in the radar. There are precedents to that...

XAMURAI

Postby riverrobles » Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:45 am

Let me post this expose from 2018 that started in Facebook by someone claiming to be a Miss World insider who've worked for MWL for decades, until he made his own website and posted it as a blog in January of 2019. The expose claims , India and Venezuela will not win Miss World unless JEM leaves MWL (a big statement am I right?)

So I keep on coming back to this expose post because he correctly predicted that Miss Jamaica will win in 2019 and now I want to see if India or Venezuela will not be winning as what is written in his expose.

It is interesting to note that the 70th Miss World edition which just wrapped-up is now the 3rd time the expose is correct. Let's see the results on the 71st edition if what he wrote will be true again.

2018 Miss World - India and Venezuela only reached Top 30 - neither won the title
2019 Miss World - India was the 2nd RU and Venezuela was only Top 40 - neither won the title
2021 Miss World - India was in the Top 13 and Venezuela was only Top 40 - neither won the title
riverrobles

Postby ajsy0203 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:59 am

XAMURAI wrote:Carla was very engaging. Her smile was warm and friendly. Indonesia had sent better girls in the past who did not go further than expected. The pageant world doesn't revolve around Philippines or India.

So if Miss World is a lucrative job, then Manasa & Tracy failed in the job application process because they have more demerits than Carla during the course of the pageant since November 2021?

Setting aside the current Russia vs Ukraine war, Karolina won the lucrative job of Miss World because she passed all the requirements that MWO wanted too see.

The Beauty and Brains are now outdated at Miss World since 2016?
ajsy0203

Postby riverrobles » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:17 am

There are no demerits in Miss World.

I repeat , the live performance accumulated scores given by the judges which are based on ranking are higher than the prelims, hence delegates with lower scores in the prelims can just skyrocket and overtake the scores of the front runners when its finals night, if ever the front runners are ranked lower than the lower scored-delegates.

This means the finals night is really important especially if you haven't won any H2H challenge, haven't won anz fast track challenge or if you have no BWAP. You can still catch-up during the finals night.

Miss World system is not the same as Miss Universe or other pageants.

Check Miss World 2016, she came out of nowehere, really from zero to hero.

Try to do your own tabulation, just be realistic and I tell you, numbers will not lie.
For the SEMIFINAL round (Top12 on the last edition), the judges would rank the semifinalists from the best to the last and their rank would be translated into points as the following:
50 points for first place
40 points for second
30 points for third
20 points for fourth
15 points for fifth
10 points for sixth and seventh
5 points for eighth to tenth
2 points for eleventh to fifteenth

Finals or Top6 (on the last edition)
Just like the Semifinal, once again the judges would rank the finalists from the best to the last and their rank would be translated into points as the following:
40 points for second
30 points for third
20 points for fourth
15 points for fifth
10 points for sixth
5 points for seventh
riverrobles

Postby Blanche » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:31 am

The Filipino delusion continues. Another slumnilla flops and the country whines. Indonesia was the shining star. Deal with it.
Blanche
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Former Beauty Queen
Hobbies/Interests: Eating

Postby Elyerno Zabagguri » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:40 am

pero buti nga hindi pa rin siya nanalo. =;)) =;)) =;))

di masarap ang Indonesian Mi Goreng na luto niya.
Last edited by Elyerno Zabagguri on Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Elyerno Zabagguri
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Real Life Name/Nick: Superstar Elyerno
Date of Birth: 02 Sep 1988
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Writer, Producer, Talent Manager
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants, Showbiz

Postby Elyerno Zabagguri » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:41 am

Miss World sometimes suck big time.
Elyerno Zabagguri

Real Life Name/Nick: Superstar Elyerno
Date of Birth: 02 Sep 1988
Profession: Writer, Producer, Talent Manager
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants, Showbiz

Postby ajsy0203 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:56 am

riverrobles wrote:
Try to do your own tabulation, just be realistic and I tell you, numbers will not lie.
For the SEMIFINAL round (Top12 on the last edition), the judges would rank the semifinalists from the best to the last and their rank would be translated into points as the following:
40 points for second
30 points for third
20 points for fourth
15 points for fifth
10 points for sixth and seventh
5 points for eighth to tenth
2 points for eleventh to fifteenth

Finals or Top6 (on the last edition)
Just like the Semifinal, once again the judges would rank the finalists from the best to the last and their rank would be translated into points as the following:
40 points for second
30 points for third
20 points for fourth
15 points for fifth
10 points for sixth
5 points for seventh

It was only used in 2011. At 2012 all the preliminary scores were wiped out after the Top 10/15 were announced as the host announced. That's why Mexico (2nd) failed to advance in the Top 7 in 2012, Australia (3rd) failed to advance in the Top 5 in 2013, India (1st) failed to advance in the Top 5 in 2014 and Philippines (3rd) failed to advance in the Top 5 in 2015.
ajsy0203

Postby riverrobles » Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:32 am

It is still the same format, it did not end in 2011, it started in 2011 and then in 2012 the preliminary challenges were added.
Please go to the other thread on how Miss World is chosen.

Below is also an article:
https://medium.com/@Knappily/the-making-of-a-miss-world-ec55616c19f4
riverrobles

Postby ajsy0203 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:59 am

riverrobles wrote:It is still the same format, it did not end in 2011, it started in 2011 and then in 2012 the preliminary challenges were added.
Please go to the other thread on how Miss World is chosen.

Below is also an article:
https://medium.com/@Knappily/the-making-of-a-miss-world-ec55616c19f4

Koyal Rana would had been in the Final 5 unless she placed in last place among the 11 semifinalists because she finished 1st after the Final 10 (+Thailand as People's Choice) was announced. I watched the finals several times and host said that after the Final 11 was announced, the scores are revert back to zero instead of carried over.

Koyal got 385 points vs Edina got 330 points (5th & 6th with Julia G) vs Elizabeth got 317 points. Koyal has 55 point lead over Edina & 68 point lead over Elizabeth but Edina & Elizabeth made it to the Final 5 while Koyal didn't. If Edina or Elizabeth got 50 points and Koyal got 5 points in the Top 11 round, then mathematically Koyal would still be in the Final 5.

No wonder why several pageant fans complained about Mariana Berumen failed to advance in the Final 7 despite she was 2nd when the Final 15 were announced at Miss World 2012 (2012 scores were too confusing due to computer error) unless Mariana messed up in the Final 15 walk off that they wore identical dresses.
ajsy0203

Postby ajsy0203 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:20 am

Miss World 2014 Leader board after the Final 11 was announced
India = 385 points
South Africa = 378 points
England = 339 points
Guyana = 335 points
Brazil = 330 points
Hungary = 330 points
Kenya = 328 points
United States = 317 points
Mexico = 309 points
Australia = 308 points
People Choice: Thailand = below 241 points (I used Miss Haiti's score as the basis since Haiti was in the Top 20 before Miss Haiti failed to advance in the Final 25)

United States and Australia made it to the Final 5 despite India has the huge lead. Had the scores carried over to determine the Final 5, India would still made it if the judges don't like her and given minimum points.
ajsy0203

Postby life » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:30 am

XAMURAI wrote:
chorr wrote:

????

To Shrinkhala in 2018!

They all led their respective years with massive support and amassing high placements in challenge events but still failed to get the Asian Continental queen award.

In fact, Indonesia and Nepal had a few BWAP winners (look, not just a Top 5 but actual winner!) who did NOT even get the Continental Queen award! So I don't understand where the whining is coming from. This is Miss World! Challenge events DO NOT matter the moment they are reduced to Top 12 or Top 13! Every real pageant expert knows that! Ivian was not even a finalist in BWAP! Rolene was just Top 10. Stephanie was nowhere in the radar. There are precedents to that...

No, the pageant world doesn't have to revolve around Philippines or India. But that's not even the point. I am not rallying behind Manasa because she is a Miss India. I am rallying behind Manasa because she is Manasa (a gem). Everyone has seen her beauty of course but more importantly heard her speak in H2H and also in top 12. Why in the world then would she stop at mere top 12?? ~X(
life

Real Life Name/Nick: life
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1984
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: chat,browse,meet people,play

Postby fortela » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:43 pm

ever since the time of Catriona gray, i never believed anymore miss world..catriona was in almost all fast tract events and was top 3 in model of the world and bwap..suddenly during the finals and out of nowhere steph valle of PR took the crown.. Valle was not even in any fast track events..after that i lost interest in miss world because it is so graphic in.... still i watch it occasionally because i love looking at gown creations..julia morley needs to go..she wants to be at the center always during the shows and the charity is geared towards herself so that she will b e known and remembered when she leaves the earth
fortela

Real Life Name/Nick: ninen
Profession: paralegal
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageants

Postby XAMURAI » Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:01 am

life wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
chorr wrote:

????

To Shrinkhala in 2018!

No, the pageant world doesn't have to revolve around Philippines or India. But that's not even the point. I am not rallying behind Manasa because she is a Miss India. I am rallying behind Manasa because she is Manasa (a gem). Everyone has seen her beauty of course but more importantly heard her speak in H2H and also in top 12. Why in the world then would she stop at mere top 12?? ~X(

Japan did NOT even make it into the Top 40 despite being a great speaker! Have you seen her H2H challenge? She was the best in the group but unfortunately, the first round of H2H was all about fan votes and had nothing to do with wisdom, eloquence and substance. Japan was 2nd RU in Talent! She was also a finalist in Sports! But lo and behold, she's NOT in the Top 40!!! Top 40!!!

After the Top 13 speech, I had Poland, India and Cote as my Top3. I even posted it on my Facebook real time! Disappointed NOT to see Manasa in the Top 5, but it is what it is...

XAMURAI

Postby XAMURAI » Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:04 am

ajsy0203 wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:Carla was very engaging. Her smile was warm and friendly. Indonesia had sent better girls in the past who did not go further than expected. The pageant world doesn't revolve around Philippines or India.

So if Miss World is a lucrative job, then Manasa & Tracy failed in the job application process because they have more demerits than Carla during the course of the pageant since November 2021?

Setting aside the current Russia vs Ukraine war, Karolina won the lucrative job of Miss World because she passed all the requirements that MWO wanted too see.

The Beauty and Brains are now outdated at Miss World since 2016?

Let's just say that they are not what the MWO was looking for. Maybe if the situation and circumstances were different, they could have won the pageant. Sometimes, timing is a huge factor and that's the case this year with Karolina's win. Many of them deserved to become Miss World, but it is luck and timing that were on Karolina's favor.

XAMURAI

Postby andydmoray » Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:13 am

That's why I admire you becoz you always try to be objective and not showing biased opinion towards Filipino queens. I must say I was shocked becoz Carla is a weaker speaker compared to Manasa and Tracy, and her performances in both rounds confirmed that. But I guess the judges considered other things when they chose Top6. I still wish it had been India in Top6 but congratulations to Indonesia for getting their highest placement after 2016.
COPYCATS AND CHEATERS, TRY ME! AND YOU'LL SEE.

PG 2019: 6th | PG 2020: 2nd | PG 2021: 6th
andydmoray
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.

Real Life Name/Nick: Andy Joshua
Date of Birth: 30 Jun 1988
Profession: English teacher
Hobbies/Interests: music, pageant, writing, traveling

Postby the critic » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:48 pm

ANY OF THE FAVORITES FROM ASIA COULD HAVE WON, IT WAS JUST CARLA'S LUCK TO BE ASIA'S TOP PICK.
the critic

Date of Birth: 26 Jul 1985
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty, fashion photography

Postby the critic » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:02 pm

riverrobles wrote:Let me post this expose from 2018 that started in Facebook by someone claiming to be a Miss World insider who've worked for MWL for decades, until he made his own website and posted it as a blog in January of 2019. The expose claims , India and Venezuela will not win Miss World unless JEM leaves MWL (a big statement am I right?)

So I keep on coming back to this expose post because he correctly predicted that Miss Jamaica will win in 2019 and now I want to see if India or Venezuela will not be winning as what is written in his expose.

It is interesting to note that the 70th Miss World edition which just wrapped-up is now the 3rd time the expose is correct. Let's see the results on the 71st edition if what he wrote will be true again.

2018 Miss World - India and Venezuela only reached Top 30 - neither won the title
2019 Miss World - India was the 2nd RU and Venezuela was only Top 40 - neither won the title
2021 Miss World - India was in the Top 13 and Venezuela was only Top 40 - neither won the title

SAYING VENEZUELA, INDIA WILL NEVER WIN AGAIN UNDER JULIA IS LIKELY TO HAPPEN WITHOUT TRYING TO ADD SOME SINISTER CONSPIRACY BEHIND IT. IT TOOK VENEZUELA 16 YEARS AND INDIA 17 BETWEEN THERE LAST 2 WINS. JUILA IS GOING ON 83, SO SHE WONT BE CAPABLE TO RUN THINGS FOR MUCH LONGER. THERE ARE OVER 100 COUNTRIES COMPETING SO THE ODDS OF VENEZUELA OR INDIA WINNING WILL BE 100+ TO 1. THE PERSON BEHIND THAT BLOG IS SOME BITTER LUNATIC. I DON'T KNOW WHO WOULD FIND THEM CREDIBLE ESPECIALLY AFTER THE RIDICULOUS POST ABOUT MEXICO'S WIN IN 2018. LOL
the critic

Date of Birth: 26 Jul 1985
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty, fashion photography

Postby Frank Speech » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:28 pm

Politricks!

Miss World is not above it!

#Facts
Frank Speech
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.