Miss Earth 2017 Karen Ibasco on bashing & cyberbullying Pt.2

Miss Earth 2017 Karen Ibasco on bashing & cyberbullying Pt.2

Postby ajsy0203 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:54 am

Pageant season is here again!

From someone who came in with no experience or connection in the world of pageantry to someone who brought pride to the Philippines by winning an international title in a prestigious competition, I will forever be grateful for this unforgettable experience that made history. However, I have gone through a lot before I came to be where I am now. Losing a competition, receiving my share of criticisms, experiencing extreme pressure, and so on.

I never fought back with those who looked down on me or criticized me in ways unimaginable. I never anchored myself on other people’s validation or acceptance of me. I knew my worth and my value prior to receiving any title because I knew my identity and Whose I am. I believe I can speak of this issue because I personally experienced this. I may have responded differently to what was expected but others may not.

Lately, I have seen A LOT of negativity online in pageantry. Everyone has to say something; everyone wants to be heard; everyone is an expert, not considering so many factors. This negativity increased so much after a small amount of time, from putting down the organization, to hating the chosen winner, and even to laughing at candidates who didn’t get a title. Instead of creating an avenue of encouragement and support, it turned 180 degrees and created a world full of hate.

I can speak in many angles, because I know what it is to lose and I know what it is to win. To those candidates who joined, I applaud you for your courage in making a huge step by coming out of your comfort zone. To the new queens, congratulations! I hope you will maximize this opportunity given to you that only comes once in a lifetime and use your platform wisely. To the pageant organizations, kudos to all of you in deciding what is best for your own respective organization during this season. And lastly, to the expectators, kindly examine what you will say/ type before doing so, considering not just yourselves but also of others. Remember, insecurities arise not of the person being talked about, but the person talking.

Congratulations #TeamPhilippines more crowns to come.

#MissEarth2017

ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Re: Miss Earth 2017 Karen Ibasco on bashing & cyberbullying

Postby Elyerno Zabagguri » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:09 am

ipost ko nga 'to sa balwarte ng mga santol at aw aw >:)
Elyerno Zabagguri
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Real Life Name/Nick: Superstar Elyerno
Date of Birth: 02 Sep 1988
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Writer, Producer, Talent Manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants, Showbiz

Postby Mariana Erwin » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:28 am

This is one of the reasons why I had to temporarily leave Missosology, all because of her bashers and the bashers of Miss Earth (they even called it ''Mess Earthworm'' because of it). I'm so happy that she won Miss Earth, given that she really deserved to win that title and at least, she's proving to people why she was worthy of it, every day.
No more bashers in 2022, please.

Also, watch Dani Walker's video to know more on how bashers can kill with their words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbYUDqSC1UM
Mariana Erwin
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Date of Birth: 05 Apr 1988
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: ***********
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry
Message: Hello and welcome! Commenting on things in pageantry and critical of pageant issues.

Postby manoypoe » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:01 pm

Mariana Erwin wrote:This is one of the reasons why I had to temporarily leave Missosology, all because of her bashers and the bashers of Miss Earth (they even called it ''Mess Earthworm'' because of it). I'm so happy that she won Miss Earth, given that she really deserved to win that title and at least, she's proving to people why she was worthy of it, every day.

We dont have to leave because of others. We must not care what others will say coz as Karen say, we know who we are. We know what makes us happy. I have learned a lot here in Misso. Foremost, to have an unbothered attitude. :-* :-* :%)) :%))
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby Prozac » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:38 pm

manoypoe wrote:
Mariana Erwin wrote:This is one of the reasons why I had to temporarily leave Missosology, all because of her bashers and the bashers of Miss Earth (they even called it ''Mess Earthworm'' because of it). I'm so happy that she won Miss Earth, given that she really deserved to win that title and at least, she's proving to people why she was worthy of it, every day.

We dont have to leave because of others. We must not care what others will say coz as Karen say, we know who we are. We know what makes us happy. I have learned a lot here in Misso. Foremost, to have an unbothered attitude. :-* :-* :%)) :%))

Bashing, cyberbullying, internet trolling, cyberstalking according to Wikipedia is when someone, bullies or harasses others
on the internet and other digital spaces, particularly on social media sites. Harmful bullying behavior can include posting
rumors, threats, sexual remarks, a victims' personal information, or pejorative labels. Bullying or harassment can be identified
by repeated behavior and an intent to harm. Victims of cyberbullying may experience lower self-esteem, increased suicidal ideation,
and various negative emotional responses, including being scared, frustrated, angry, or depressed.

We appreciate Karen Ibasco for coming out at the right time because Beatrice Luigi Gomez is being bullied for winning Miss Universe
Philippines. She was called salot, lesbiana, avatar, gagamitin niya ay men's room, maninilip sa ibang candidates, pompiyang, pangit and
flat personality niya, and pogi siya. These are the most sordid and sleazy comments Bea has to endure, and if the same comments were lobbed
to her critics, they will cry foul and demand justice.

They must be proud of themselves for elbowing each other on who can give the best BASH for Bea. And that's where the amusement in
bashing starts - when people try to outdo each other to get pogi points/reputation points and being hailed the most popular and most
charismatic posters in social media.

The Operative word here is the intent to harm. and bashing for someone's own personal amusement. Now if you are amused bashing
somebody whose only fault is winning the contest and rationalized bashing as part of the parcel of any contest, and that it is normal
and somebody has to prepare for it, and somebody should be mentally ready, wait until somebody commits suicide because of what
you do. No amount of sugar-coating can cover the fact that you were part of it.

I wonder why Bea is being bashed and Tracy Perez was not? And to think that Tracy fall twice and was not also in everybody's radar
before the results came in. But Tracy remained unscathed.
Prozac

Real Life Name/Nick: Butch
Date of Birth: 16 Mar 2016
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Hospital Worker
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: bully buster, fake news antidote
Message: If you see bizarre behaviors in you, seek professional help.

Return to Miss Earth