We Have Miss Universe 2021... Miss Paraguay Nadia Ferreira

Image



  • 1

We Have Miss Universe 2021... Miss Paraguay Nadia Ferreira

Postby sephie » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:13 am

    

She is my Miss Universe 2021.. Nadia Ferreira. I hope she exudes the same level of hunger as Catriona Gray so that she would fit the mold of IMG and not end up competing in the wrong era. Let's admit it, if its the Trump Era, she's a sure winner


sephie
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 4:17 am
Location: quezon city
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 635
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageants
Message: Write a message here

  • 1

Re: We Have Miss Universe 2021... Miss Paraguay Nadia Ferrei

Postby poker_man » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:27 am

Same here! I love her gorgeous face! I hope she places at least, but knowing IMG, they will pick the same girls as always!

Image
User avatar
poker_man
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 1875
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:42 am
Location: New York City
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 882
Date of Birth: 21 Jun 1985
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Doctor
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty pageants
Message: Write a message here

  • 2

Re: We Have Miss Universe 2021... Miss Paraguay Nadia Ferrei

Postby XAMURAI » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:29 am

Yes. They look at the sash name first, and then they either vote you in or out. Take the case of Romania last year.

poker_man wrote:Same here! I love her gorgeous face! I hope she places at least, but knowing IMG, they will pick the same girls as always!

Image
You are entitled to my own opinion.
User avatar
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
 
Posts: 15128
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:18 am
Location: Saitama
Country: Japan (jp)
Reputation: 10144
Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping
Message: Do not PM me if you want to change your username.

  • 0

Re: We Have Miss Universe 2021... Miss Paraguay Nadia Ferrei

Postby andydmoray » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:00 am


Interview is the key. They want someone who can talk the talk.
And someone who has an inspirational story to share. A good educational background can be a bonus.
Sash factor, yes! But i actually think sash factor weighs more in Trump era.
As to Bianca Tirsin, although I agree she should at least place and wasting her was such a big big crime, her interview skills were just average. I knew she might be one of those “either in or out” girls after I watched her Beauty Talk with Missosology.
Oh, I forgot to say that Paraguay is indeed a beauty!!! That won’t change even if she clapped.
SHAME ON THE PG COPYCATS!
IF YOU DON’T CARE TO PLAY, WHY BOTHER?

PG 2019: 6th | PG 2020: 2nd | PG 2021: ?
User avatar
andydmoray
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.
 
Posts: 2840
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:59 am
Location: China
Country: China (cn)
Reputation: 1128
Real Life Name/Nick: Andy Joshua
Date of Birth: 30 Jun 1988
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: English teacher
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: music, pageant, writing, traveling

  • 1

Re: We Have Miss Universe 2021... Miss Paraguay Nadia Ferrei

Postby XAMURAI » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:44 am

I actually disagree that sash weighs more during Trump's era. In fact, we have seen unrecognized countries entering ther Top 10 and Top 5 because they were really outstanding! We got winners such as Botswana! Dominican Rep, Russia and Angola won for the first time! Countries like Slovenia, Latvia, Switzerland would place because they had beautiful faces!

As for Bianca, English is not her first language and just to tell you a back story, during the Missoslogy Beauty Talks, she lost her baggage as soon as she arrived in her apartment. She had nothing with her... no make up... no hair spray... but, she still continued with the interview despite all that. She was afraid that her organization would get mad at her, but she would rather honor her words because she was the FIRST guest of Missosology BT and her appearance was already publicized in Missosology social media accounts. That's the kind of woman that Miss Universe missed because countries with no sash weight don't really matter to them.

And look at Bianca up to now. She is still very active with her causes. Still promoting Miss Universe and Smile Train. In every appearances she makes, she's glowing and you cannot see any trace of bitterness in her.

andydmoray wrote:
Interview is the key. They want someone who can talk the talk.
And someone who has an inspirational story to share. A good educational background can be a bonus.
Sash factor, yes! But i actually think sash factor weighs more in Trump era.
As to Bianca Tirsin, although I agree she should at least place and wasting her was such a big big crime, her interview skills were just average. I knew she might be one of those “either in or out” girls after I watched her Beauty Talk with Missosology.
Oh, I forgot to say that Paraguay is indeed a beauty!!! That won’t change even if she clapped.
You are entitled to my own opinion.
User avatar
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
 
Posts: 15128
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:18 am
Location: Saitama
Country: Japan (jp)
Reputation: 10144
Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping
Message: Do not PM me if you want to change your username.

  • 0

Re: We Have Miss Universe 2021... Miss Paraguay Nadia Ferrei

Postby vinusya » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:27 am

does she look like it without the make up?
But I say, send Kisses to compete with her. Paraguay will surely lose hahahahahaha
If everyone can be a beauty queen, what is hardwork?
Maybe there is no hardwork, only surgeries ?
User avatar
vinusya
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS are creative minds & beautifiers of the forum.
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS are creative minds & beautifiers of the forum.
 
Posts: 2731
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:25 am
Location: Beijing
Country: China (cn)
Reputation: 343
Real Life Name/Nick: Nawatt
Date of Birth: 11 Aug 1994
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Red Haired Model
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Net Surfing
Message: If everyone can be a beauty queen, what is hardwork? Confidence without being arrogant.

  • 1

Re: We Have Miss Universe 2021... Miss Paraguay Nadia Ferrei

Postby Stoichio » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:40 pm

andydmoray wrote:
Interview is the key. They want someone who can talk the talk.
And someone who has an inspirational story to share. A good educational background can be a bonus.
Sash factor, yes! But i actually think sash factor weighs more in Trump era.
As to Bianca Tirsin, although I agree she should at least place and wasting her was such a big big crime, her interview skills were just average. I knew she might be one of those “either in or out” girls after I watched her Beauty Talk with Missosology.
Oh, I forgot to say that Paraguay is indeed a beauty!!! That won’t change even if she clapped.


Bianca out and we saw an below average looking and below average comm skills (pageant patty answers most of the time) making the cut. What a crime! Yes, I am talking about that Indo girl.
User avatar
Stoichio
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 21488
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:21 am
Location: Alexandria
Country: Saint Pierre and Miquelon (pm)
Reputation: 21343
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping
Message: God speed Misso!

  • 1

Re: We Have Miss Universe 2021... Miss Paraguay Nadia Ferrei

Postby poker_man » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:07 pm

Trump picks better girls. IMG only cares about sash factor and fan hype, just look at the same prototype sent by Thailand and Indonesia, most of their girls don't even speak very well. Even the past two Miss Vietnam winners aren't that great, and yet they maintain a streak. It's all about the fan vote for IMG.
User avatar
poker_man
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 1875
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:42 am
Location: New York City
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 882
Date of Birth: 21 Jun 1985
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Doctor
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty pageants
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: We Have Miss Universe 2021... Miss Paraguay Nadia Ferrei

Postby andydmoray » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:17 pm

XAMURAI wrote:I actually disagree that sash weighs more during Trump's era. In fact, we have seen unrecognized countries entering ther Top 10 and Top 5 because they were really outstanding! We got winners such as Botswana! Dominican Rep, Russia and Angola won for the first time! Countries like Slovenia, Latvia, Switzerland would place because they had beautiful faces!

As for Bianca, English is not her first language and just to tell you a back story, during the Missoslogy Beauty Talks, she lost her baggage as soon as she arrived in her apartment. She had nothing with her... no make up... no hair spray... but, she still continued with the interview despite all that. She was afraid that her organization would get mad at her, but she would rather honor her words because she was the FIRST guest of Missosology BT and her appearance was already publicized in Missosology social media accounts. That's the kind of woman that Miss Universe missed because countries with no sash weight don't really matter to them.

And look at Bianca up to now. She is still very active with her causes. Still promoting Miss Universe and Smile Train. In every appearances she makes, she's glowing and you cannot see any trace of bitterness in her.

andydmoray wrote:
Interview is the key. They want someone who can talk the talk.
And someone who has an inspirational story to share. A good educational background can be a bonus.
Sash factor, yes! But i actually think sash factor weighs more in Trump era.
As to Bianca Tirsin, although I agree she should at least place and wasting her was such a big big crime, her interview skills were just average. I knew she might be one of those “either in or out” girls after I watched her Beauty Talk with Missosology.
Oh, I forgot to say that Paraguay is indeed a beauty!!! That won’t change even if she clapped.


Thank you Stephen for letting us know some anecdotes behind the scene. I was not a super fan of Bianca, but I still had her in my Tops becoz she really stands out beauty-wise and performance-wise.
As to the sash power, I guess opinion varies from person to person and it’s hard to draw an unanimous conclusion. From my observation, countries like Haiti, Sri Lanka, Curaçao, Kenya, Ghana placed after a long while. Even the UK which barely placed after the 80s became a powerhouse in Europe. Those countries were considered underdogs in Trump era and clapped hard even when their contestants were good and well-approved by many fans. But I agree with your opinion on Botswana, Slovenia and Angola.
SHAME ON THE PG COPYCATS!
IF YOU DON’T CARE TO PLAY, WHY BOTHER?

PG 2019: 6th | PG 2020: 2nd | PG 2021: ?
User avatar
andydmoray
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.
 
Posts: 2840
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:59 am
Location: China
Country: China (cn)
Reputation: 1128
Real Life Name/Nick: Andy Joshua
Date of Birth: 30 Jun 1988
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: English teacher
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: music, pageant, writing, traveling

  • 1

Re: We Have Miss Universe 2021... Miss Paraguay Nadia Ferrei

Postby Stoichio » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:04 pm

XAMURAI wrote:I actually disagree that sash weighs more during Trump's era. In fact, we have seen unrecognized countries entering ther Top 10 and Top 5 because they were really outstanding! We got winners such as Botswana! Dominican Rep, Russia and Angola won for the first time! Countries like Slovenia, Latvia, Switzerland would place because they had beautiful faces!

As for Bianca, English is not her first language and just to tell you a back story, during the Missoslogy Beauty Talks, she lost her baggage as soon as she arrived in her apartment. She had nothing with her... no make up... no hair spray... but, she still continued with the interview despite all that. She was afraid that her organization would get mad at her, but she would rather honor her words because she was the FIRST guest of Missosology BT and her appearance was already publicized in Missosology social media accounts. That's the kind of woman that Miss Universe missed because countries with no sash weight don't really matter to them.

And look at Bianca up to now. She is still very active with her causes. Still promoting Miss Universe and Smile Train. In every appearances she makes, she's glowing and you cannot see any trace of bitterness in her.

andydmoray wrote:
Interview is the key. They want someone who can talk the talk.
And someone who has an inspirational story to share. A good educational background can be a bonus.
Sash factor, yes! But i actually think sash factor weighs more in Trump era.
As to Bianca Tirsin, although I agree she should at least place and wasting her was such a big big crime, her interview skills were just average. I knew she might be one of those “either in or out” girls after I watched her Beauty Talk with Missosology.
Oh, I forgot to say that Paraguay is indeed a beauty!!! That won’t change even if she clapped.


That is why I liked TRUMP ERA! It was more on BEAUTY!
Beauty of the FACE!

It was a jackpot if they got a goddess who is superb also in communication skills!
User avatar
Stoichio
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 21488
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:21 am
Location: Alexandria
Country: Saint Pierre and Miquelon (pm)
Reputation: 21343
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping
Message: God speed Misso!

  • 0

Re: We Have Miss Universe 2021... Miss Paraguay Nadia Ferrei

Postby Guuy_15 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:18 pm

How many gorgeous girls have we seen from various countries whom everyone thought was a "front runner" or a contender only to clap.

If I didn't know she was Miss Paraguay, I would think she was a Miss Albania/Kosovo/Croatia.

How many STUNNING girls have come from those countries alone and everyone is like "yep, its def her!" only for them to clap.

Not trying to take anything away from Miss Paraguay cuz she is very pretty (though her lips bother me a bit) but I think we should all be more subdued about front runners because IMG will do what it wants to do.

Everyone says interview is key and while I agree, it seems to be only key for the purposes of judges interview because once crowned, then what? What exactly is Andrea doing that requires her to have outstanding comm skills? Catriona, Demi, Iris--they didn't really do much that required them to have executive level communication skills. And its through no fault of their own, its all IMG and the failure they've had as owners of Miss Universe. The only one who arguably had their comm skills tested was Zozi who, like everyone else, was forced to communicate via zoom, ig lives, fb lives, etc.

Again, none of the prior winners had any fault in this--its all IMG.

I am honestly starting to loose my usual excitement for Miss Universe season because the most exciting part is the final night. Afterwards its meh. But even the finals have become hit or miss. Mostly miss as of late.
User avatar
Guuy_15
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 2779
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:24 pm
Location: Earth!
Country: Puerto Rico (pr)
Reputation: 2584
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1979
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Lots.
Hobbies/Interests: Sex, Love and Videotape
Message: Write a message here

  • 1

Re: We Have Miss Universe 2021... Miss Paraguay Nadia Ferrei

Postby vinusya » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:02 pm

I hope she's not just a FACE
If everyone can be a beauty queen, what is hardwork?
Maybe there is no hardwork, only surgeries ?
User avatar
vinusya
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS are creative minds & beautifiers of the forum.
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS are creative minds & beautifiers of the forum.
 
Posts: 2731
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:25 am
Location: Beijing
Country: China (cn)
Reputation: 343
Real Life Name/Nick: Nawatt
Date of Birth: 11 Aug 1994
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Red Haired Model
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Net Surfing
Message: If everyone can be a beauty queen, what is hardwork? Confidence without being arrogant.

  • 0

Re: We Have Miss Universe 2021... Miss Paraguay Nadia Ferrei

Postby kurtij » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:28 pm

PRETTY BUT FOR NOW, I AM NOT SURE ABOUT HER. GOTTA SEE MORE.

IT'S TOO EARLY TO TELL THAT SHE IS MISS UNIVERSE 2021.

BUT YEP, I WANT ANOTHER MISS PARAGUAY TO MAKE THE CUT.

DOGS CAN'T RELATE
User avatar
kurtij
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 29303
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:36 am
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 17823
Real Life Name/Nick: m_cronin
Date of Birth: 27 Dec 1989
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Missosologist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: CURSING

  • 0

Re: We Have Miss Universe 2021... Miss Paraguay Nadia Ferrei

Postby sephie » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:38 pm

Remember that Stephania Stegman, Ms Supranational 2015 from Paraguay was suppose to compete in the Miss Universe Paraguay contest but encountered some issues. It would have been nice to have Paraguay send both beauties in Miss Universe
sephie
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 4:17 am
Location: quezon city
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 635
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageants
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: We Have Miss Universe 2021... Miss Paraguay Nadia Ferrei

Postby XAMURAI » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:13 am

andydmoray wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:I actually disagree that sash weighs more during Trump's era. In fact, we have seen unrecognized countries entering ther Top 10 and Top 5 because they were really outstanding! We got winners such as Botswana! Dominican Rep, Russia and Angola won for the first time! Countries like Slovenia, Latvia, Switzerland would place because they had beautiful faces!

As for Bianca, English is not her first language and just to tell you a back story, during the Missoslogy Beauty Talks, she lost her baggage as soon as she arrived in her apartment. She had nothing with her... no make up... no hair spray... but, she still continued with the interview despite all that. She was afraid that her organization would get mad at her, but she would rather honor her words because she was the FIRST guest of Missosology BT and her appearance was already publicized in Missosology social media accounts. That's the kind of woman that Miss Universe missed because countries with no sash weight don't really matter to them.

And look at Bianca up to now. She is still very active with her causes. Still promoting Miss Universe and Smile Train. In every appearances she makes, she's glowing and you cannot see any trace of bitterness in her.

andydmoray wrote:
Interview is the key. They want someone who can talk the talk.
And someone who has an inspirational story to share. A good educational background can be a bonus.
Sash factor, yes! But i actually think sash factor weighs more in Trump era.
As to Bianca Tirsin, although I agree she should at least place and wasting her was such a big big crime, her interview skills were just average. I knew she might be one of those “either in or out” girls after I watched her Beauty Talk with Missosology.
Oh, I forgot to say that Paraguay is indeed a beauty!!! That won’t change even if she clapped.


Thank you Stephen for letting us know some anecdotes behind the scene. I was not a super fan of Bianca, but I still had her in my Tops becoz she really stands out beauty-wise and performance-wise.
As to the sash power, I guess opinion varies from person to person and it’s hard to draw an unanimous conclusion. From my observation, countries like Haiti, Sri Lanka, Curaçao, Kenya, Ghana placed after a long while. Even the UK which barely placed after the 80s became a powerhouse in Europe. Those countries were considered underdogs in Trump era and clapped hard even when their contestants were good and well-approved by many fans. But I agree with your opinion on Botswana, Slovenia and Angola.


Bianca did not need to win Miss Universe. But let's be honest, she's way better than half of the girls they put in the Top 20!
During Trump's time, the Philippines had a hard time penetrating the first cut and we accepted it! Ten years of clapping!!! What a streak! But then again, hard work and perseverance paid off, and the Philippines learned its lesson. Can you believe that in the "not so distant past" the powerhouse was actually clapping for ten consecutive years at Miss Universe?
I would rather see a country who placed in the semis because they are really attractive, than to see someone who just placed because of pity. Worse, placing a country in the semis because they are afraid of the fan's reaction.
If there is one pageant that is totally unaffected by fan reaction, it's Miss International. The Philippines (2014 and 2017), Venezuela (2013, 2014, 2016) and host country Japan (2013, 2014, 2015, 2019) could clap anytime if the judges didn't like them. They don't even care about political correctness.
You are entitled to my own opinion.
User avatar
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
 
Posts: 15128
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:18 am
Location: Saitama
Country: Japan (jp)
Reputation: 10144
Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping
Message: Do not PM me if you want to change your username.

  • 2

Re: We Have Miss Universe 2021... Miss Paraguay Nadia Ferrei

Postby firerprince » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:25 am

XAMURAI wrote:
andydmoray wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:I actually disagree that sash weighs more during Trump's era. In fact, we have seen unrecognized countries entering ther Top 10 and Top 5 because they were really outstanding! We got winners such as Botswana! Dominican Rep, Russia and Angola won for the first time! Countries like Slovenia, Latvia, Switzerland would place because they had beautiful faces!

As for Bianca, English is not her first language and just to tell you a back story, during the Missoslogy Beauty Talks, she lost her baggage as soon as she arrived in her apartment. She had nothing with her... no make up... no hair spray... but, she still continued with the interview despite all that. She was afraid that her organization would get mad at her, but she would rather honor her words because she was the FIRST guest of Missosology BT and her appearance was already publicized in Missosology social media accounts. That's the kind of woman that Miss Universe missed because countries with no sash weight don't really matter to them.

And look at Bianca up to now. She is still very active with her causes. Still promoting Miss Universe and Smile Train. In every appearances she makes, she's glowing and you cannot see any trace of bitterness in her.

andydmoray wrote:
Interview is the key. They want someone who can talk the talk.
And someone who has an inspirational story to share. A good educational background can be a bonus.
Sash factor, yes! But i actually think sash factor weighs more in Trump era.
As to Bianca Tirsin, although I agree she should at least place and wasting her was such a big big crime, her interview skills were just average. I knew she might be one of those “either in or out” girls after I watched her Beauty Talk with Missosology.
Oh, I forgot to say that Paraguay is indeed a beauty!!! That won’t change even if she clapped.


Thank you Stephen for letting us know some anecdotes behind the scene. I was not a super fan of Bianca, but I still had her in my Tops becoz she really stands out beauty-wise and performance-wise.
As to the sash power, I guess opinion varies from person to person and it’s hard to draw an unanimous conclusion. From my observation, countries like Haiti, Sri Lanka, Curaçao, Kenya, Ghana placed after a long while. Even the UK which barely placed after the 80s became a powerhouse in Europe. Those countries were considered underdogs in Trump era and clapped hard even when their contestants were good and well-approved by many fans. But I agree with your opinion on Botswana, Slovenia and Angola.


Bianca did not need to win Miss Universe. But let's be honest, she's way better than half of the girls they put in the Top 20!
During Trump's time, the Philippines had a hard time penetrating the first cut and we accepted it! Ten years of clapping!!! What a streak! But then again, hard work and perseverance paid off, and the Philippines learned its lesson. Can you believe that in the "not so distant past" the powerhouse was actually clapping for ten consecutive years at Miss Universe?
I would rather see a country who placed in the semis because they are really attractive, than to see someone who just placed because of pity. Worse, placing a country in the semis because they are afraid of the fan's reaction.
If there is one pageant that is totally unaffected by fan reaction, it's Miss International. The Philippines (2014 and 2017), Venezuela (2013, 2014, 2016) and host country Japan (2013, 2014, 2015, 2019) could clap anytime if the judges didn't like them. They don't even care about political correctness.


Hmmmm I beg to disagree about Romania Stephen. I know she's a MI alumna and was/still is well loved by MIO but her performance in Miss Universe is kind of uhmm average. I had Bianca as Top 1 pre-arrival for Miss Universe but following the pageant religiously, I saw how she bit by bit slide down to my list. For my final prediction she's around rank 17-25 so I already prepared seeing her clap. Yeah ofc it would be great to see her place but FOR SURE she's not better than half of the girls who placed. Her prelims styling is weak and I almost didn't remember her EG performance. The true robbery of the night was NEPAL and SOUTH AFRICA. I'll just never understand how these two would be unplaced, they gave it all and it showed.


As per sash-factor, I'm actually confused about IMG. At times ull see them place non-pageant fanatic countries like GHANA, SRI LANKA, NEPAL to name a few but at times ull see them placing undeserving powerhouses like BRAZIL 2018, VENEZUELA 2019 etc...

For semifinals I don't think Miss Universe cares much about your sash but for choosing the winner? Oh boy they will never crown a non-marketable country.



firerprince
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
 
Posts: 5681
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:23 am
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 6649
Real Life Name/Nick: JCA
Date of Birth: 05 Mar 1997
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: TVC model
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball, billiards, arts
Message: Yeah Boy!

  • 1

Re: We Have Miss Universe 2021... Miss Paraguay Nadia Ferrei

Postby Elyerno Zabagguri » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:15 am

TOO EARLY TO SAY SHE WILL BE MISS UNIVERSE 2021.

I WANT TO SEE MORE OF HER, HER PASARELA SKILLS, HER COMM SKILLS, ETC.

THEN WE WILL KNOW HER FATE DURING PRELIMS AND FINAL.
Image
User avatar
Elyerno Zabagguri
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
 
Posts: 1151
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:38 pm
Location: Tatar ASSR
Country: Russia (ru)
Reputation: 1299
Real Life Name/Nick: Superstar Elyerno
Date of Birth: 02 Sep 1988
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Writer, Producer, Talent Manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants, Showbiz
Message: THE REAL B*TCH IN TOWN!

  • 0

Re: We Have Miss Universe 2021... Miss Paraguay Nadia Ferrei

Postby XAMURAI » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:05 am

firerprince wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
andydmoray wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:I actually disagree that sash weighs more during Trump's era. In fact, we have seen unrecognized countries entering ther Top 10 and Top 5 because they were really outstanding! We got winners such as Botswana! Dominican Rep, Russia and Angola won for the first time! Countries like Slovenia, Latvia, Switzerland would place because they had beautiful faces!

As for Bianca, English is not her first language and just to tell you a back story, during the Missoslogy Beauty Talks, she lost her baggage as soon as she arrived in her apartment. She had nothing with her... no make up... no hair spray... but, she still continued with the interview despite all that. She was afraid that her organization would get mad at her, but she would rather honor her words because she was the FIRST guest of Missosology BT and her appearance was already publicized in Missosology social media accounts. That's the kind of woman that Miss Universe missed because countries with no sash weight don't really matter to them.

And look at Bianca up to now. She is still very active with her causes. Still promoting Miss Universe and Smile Train. In every appearances she makes, she's glowing and you cannot see any trace of bitterness in her.

andydmoray wrote:
Interview is the key. They want someone who can talk the talk.
And someone who has an inspirational story to share. A good educational background can be a bonus.
Sash factor, yes! But i actually think sash factor weighs more in Trump era.
As to Bianca Tirsin, although I agree she should at least place and wasting her was such a big big crime, her interview skills were just average. I knew she might be one of those “either in or out” girls after I watched her Beauty Talk with Missosology.
Oh, I forgot to say that Paraguay is indeed a beauty!!! That won’t change even if she clapped.


Thank you Stephen for letting us know some anecdotes behind the scene. I was not a super fan of Bianca, but I still had her in my Tops becoz she really stands out beauty-wise and performance-wise.
As to the sash power, I guess opinion varies from person to person and it’s hard to draw an unanimous conclusion. From my observation, countries like Haiti, Sri Lanka, Curaçao, Kenya, Ghana placed after a long while. Even the UK which barely placed after the 80s became a powerhouse in Europe. Those countries were considered underdogs in Trump era and clapped hard even when their contestants were good and well-approved by many fans. But I agree with your opinion on Botswana, Slovenia and Angola.


Bianca did not need to win Miss Universe. But let's be honest, she's way better than half of the girls they put in the Top 20!
During Trump's time, the Philippines had a hard time penetrating the first cut and we accepted it! Ten years of clapping!!! What a streak! But then again, hard work and perseverance paid off, and the Philippines learned its lesson. Can you believe that in the "not so distant past" the powerhouse was actually clapping for ten consecutive years at Miss Universe?
I would rather see a country who placed in the semis because they are really attractive, than to see someone who just placed because of pity. Worse, placing a country in the semis because they are afraid of the fan's reaction.
If there is one pageant that is totally unaffected by fan reaction, it's Miss International. The Philippines (2014 and 2017), Venezuela (2013, 2014, 2016) and host country Japan (2013, 2014, 2015, 2019) could clap anytime if the judges didn't like them. They don't even care about political correctness.


Hmmmm I beg to disagree about Romania Stephen. I know she's a MI alumna and was/still is well loved by MIO but her performance in Miss Universe is kind of uhmm average. I had Bianca as Top 1 pre-arrival for Miss Universe but following the pageant religiously, I saw how she bit by bit slide down to my list. For my final prediction she's around rank 17-25 so I already prepared seeing her clap. Yeah ofc it would be great to see her place but FOR SURE she's not better than half of the girls who placed. Her prelims styling is weak and I almost didn't remember her EG performance. The true robbery of the night was NEPAL and SOUTH AFRICA. I'll just never understand how these two would be unplaced, they gave it all and it showed.


As per sash-factor, I'm actually confused about IMG. At times ull see them place non-pageant fanatic countries like GHANA, SRI LANKA, NEPAL to name a few but at times ull see them placing undeserving powerhouses like BRAZIL 2018, VENEZUELA 2019 etc...

For semifinals I don't think Miss Universe cares much about your sash but for choosing the winner? Oh boy they will never crown a non-marketable country.



Bianca failed to have the right sash. That's how simple it is.

Canada's Magdalena Stepien was a clapper in Miss International, yet she managed to enter the Top 10 in a very competitive Miss Universe edition (2018). She was the right girl with the right sash per IMG standard.

If you honestly base the Top 20 on preliminary performance, the evening gown score of Philippines would be 7.220 in a totally neutral 1990s type of judging. USA would clap just like how Kimmie clapped in 1999. Argentina's over the top and "time grabbing" stage performance would not give her anything near 8.000 despite her beauty.

But yes, competing in a pageant is a matter of luck. The so-called "selection panel" in 2020 were not properly selected. It's great to have an all-women panel as symbolic gesture, but to do it for three consecutive editions? This is MISS UNIVERSE, not "MISS UNIVERSE FOR WOMEN ONLY" sort of thing.
You are entitled to my own opinion.
User avatar
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
 
Posts: 15128
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:18 am
Location: Saitama
Country: Japan (jp)
Reputation: 10144
Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping
Message: Do not PM me if you want to change your username.

  • 1

Re: We Have Miss Universe 2021... Miss Paraguay Nadia Ferrei

Postby sephie » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:42 am

XAMURAI wrote:
firerprince wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
andydmoray wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:I actually disagree that sash weighs more during Trump's era. In fact, we have seen unrecognized countries entering ther Top 10 and Top 5 because they were really outstanding! We got winners such as Botswana! Dominican Rep, Russia and Angola won for the first time! Countries like Slovenia, Latvia, Switzerland would place because they had beautiful faces!

As for Bianca, English is not her first language and just to tell you a back story, during the Missoslogy Beauty Talks, she lost her baggage as soon as she arrived in her apartment. She had nothing with her... no make up... no hair spray... but, she still continued with the interview despite all that. She was afraid that her organization would get mad at her, but she would rather honor her words because she was the FIRST guest of Missosology BT and her appearance was already publicized in Missosology social media accounts. That's the kind of woman that Miss Universe missed because countries with no sash weight don't really matter to them.

And look at Bianca up to now. She is still very active with her causes. Still promoting Miss Universe and Smile Train. In every appearances she makes, she's glowing and you cannot see any trace of bitterness in her.

andydmoray wrote:
Interview is the key. They want someone who can talk the talk.
And someone who has an inspirational story to share. A good educational background can be a bonus.
Sash factor, yes! But i actually think sash factor weighs more in Trump era.
As to Bianca Tirsin, although I agree she should at least place and wasting her was such a big big crime, her interview skills were just average. I knew she might be one of those “either in or out” girls after I watched her Beauty Talk with Missosology.
Oh, I forgot to say that Paraguay is indeed a beauty!!! That won’t change even if she clapped.


Thank you Stephen for letting us know some anecdotes behind the scene. I was not a super fan of Bianca, but I still had her in my Tops becoz she really stands out beauty-wise and performance-wise.
As to the sash power, I guess opinion varies from person to person and it’s hard to draw an unanimous conclusion. From my observation, countries like Haiti, Sri Lanka, Curaçao, Kenya, Ghana placed after a long while. Even the UK which barely placed after the 80s became a powerhouse in Europe. Those countries were considered underdogs in Trump era and clapped hard even when their contestants were good and well-approved by many fans. But I agree with your opinion on Botswana, Slovenia and Angola.


Bianca did not need to win Miss Universe. But let's be honest, she's way better than half of the girls they put in the Top 20!
During Trump's time, the Philippines had a hard time penetrating the first cut and we accepted it! Ten years of clapping!!! What a streak! But then again, hard work and perseverance paid off, and the Philippines learned its lesson. Can you believe that in the "not so distant past" the powerhouse was actually clapping for ten consecutive years at Miss Universe?
I would rather see a country who placed in the semis because they are really attractive, than to see someone who just placed because of pity. Worse, placing a country in the semis because they are afraid of the fan's reaction.
If there is one pageant that is totally unaffected by fan reaction, it's Miss International. The Philippines (2014 and 2017), Venezuela (2013, 2014, 2016) and host country Japan (2013, 2014, 2015, 2019) could clap anytime if the judges didn't like them. They don't even care about political correctness.


Hmmmm I beg to disagree about Romania Stephen. I know she's a MI alumna and was/still is well loved by MIO but her performance in Miss Universe is kind of uhmm average. I had Bianca as Top 1 pre-arrival for Miss Universe but following the pageant religiously, I saw how she bit by bit slide down to my list. For my final prediction she's around rank 17-25 so I already prepared seeing her clap. Yeah ofc it would be great to see her place but FOR SURE she's not better than half of the girls who placed. Her prelims styling is weak and I almost didn't remember her EG performance. The true robbery of the night was NEPAL and SOUTH AFRICA. I'll just never understand how these two would be unplaced, they gave it all and it showed.


As per sash-factor, I'm actually confused about IMG. At times ull see them place non-pageant fanatic countries like GHANA, SRI LANKA, NEPAL to name a few but at times ull see them placing undeserving powerhouses like BRAZIL 2018, VENEZUELA 2019 etc...

For semifinals I don't think Miss Universe cares much about your sash but for choosing the winner? Oh boy they will never crown a non-marketable country.



Bianca failed to have the right sash. That's how simple it is.

Canada's Magdalena Stepien was a clapper in Miss International, yet she managed to enter the Top 10 in a very competitive Miss Universe edition (2018). She was the right girl with the right sash per IMG standard.

If you honestly base the Top 20 on preliminary performance, the evening gown score of Philippines would be 7.220 in a totally neutral 1990s type of judging. USA would clap just like how Kimmie clapped in 1999. Argentina's over the top and "time grabbing" stage performance would not give her anything near 8.000 despite her beauty.

But yes, competing in a pageant is a matter of luck. The so-called "selection panel" in 2020 were not properly selected. It's great to have an all-women panel as symbolic gesture, but to do it for three consecutive editions? This is MISS UNIVERSE, not "MISS UNIVERSE FOR WOMEN ONLY" sort of thing.




I think Bianca competed in the wrong year. Remember 2020 was a transition year where Miss Universe basically mounted an event for the sake of doing it. If Bianca competed in a year that implemented the continental selection, she would have a placement for sure
sephie
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 4:17 am
Location: quezon city
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 635
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageants
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: We Have Miss Universe 2021... Miss Paraguay Nadia Ferrei

Postby fortela » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:30 pm

LAST YEAR THERE WERE some GODDESSES THAT DID NOT meet expectations face to face...the most beautiful was ms nicaragua whose face was even more perfect than this girl..nicaragua did not have the personality and projection on stage...
fortela
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 2522
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:38 am
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 1699
Real Life Name/Nick: ninen
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: paralegal
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageants
Message: love your board

  • 0

Re: We Have Miss Universe 2021... Miss Paraguay Nadia Ferrei

Postby ajsy0203 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:01 pm

If previous track records was important, then why Andrea, Julia & Janick made the cut and finished in the Top 3 with or without the Telemundo "influence" while Bianca, Klara & Alina missed the cut (maybe except Bianca & Alina for their "antics" prior to their arrival in Florida)?
Hot Issue: If it ain't broke, don't fix it vs Change is inevitable
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1912430
ajsy0203
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 10087
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:55 am
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 3895
Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: We Have Miss Universe 2021... Miss Paraguay Nadia Ferrei

Postby Nina Cleopatra » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:14 am

Bellisima. She's drenched in Beaute. :hx
Image
User avatar
Nina Cleopatra
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 12739
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:21 pm
Location: Cairo
Country: Puerto Rico (pr)
Reputation: 10410
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1984
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Queen
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: Be Pampered
Message: Who's in charge of the girls?.. I'M IN CHARGE OF THE GIRLS!

  • 0

Re: We Have Miss Universe 2021... Miss Paraguay Nadia Ferrei

Postby qwertyu » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:13 am

as early as now i can say that she's the face of Miss Universe 2021! unless some country would crown a supreme goddess in the next couple of months.

two things that i want to see from her.

1. i want to see that she really wants this! and not because she was pressured and asked to be Paraguay's rep.
I want to see her hunger to win the crown.

2. i really hope that she can talk! she already have the beauty, but other than that what else she can offer?

right now i can honestly see Paraguay being called at least in the top 10.
If she shows those 2, then she can actually go all the way and win.
qwertyu
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 4960
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:58 am
Location: Philippines
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 3330
Real Life Name/Nick: kevin
Date of Birth: 21 Jul 1989
Gender: Male
Profession: something
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: something
Message: bitches!

  • 0

Re: We Have Miss Universe 2021... Miss Paraguay Nadia Ferrei

Postby JustinSky » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:49 am

It is now the battle for the first runner up. Lol
User avatar
JustinSky
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Mon May 27, 2019 7:19 am
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 540
Date of Birth: 07 Jul 1998
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Marketing Manager
Hobbies/Interests: Travelling
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: We Have Miss Universe 2021... Miss Paraguay Nadia Ferrei

Postby ajsy0203 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:37 am

A pageant unicorn like Catriona Gray & Lindsey Coffey?
Hot Issue: If it ain't broke, don't fix it vs Change is inevitable
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1912430
ajsy0203
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 10087
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:55 am
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 3895
Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching
Message: Write a message here


Return to Miss Universe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BeautyqueenMan, bukita, Geeyourhair, Google [Bot], green_beard, Guuy_15, Irrelephant, jacobson00, Juli®, LEMING34, Masahiro12, max1216, MissSimUniverse, pippo93, POSSO21, Queen of the Clouds, SARETTO70, SEFTICK86, shobz, swasti1678, Toniney, yellowyam1

beauty queens

© Missosology's International Pageant Coverages ©
Mister Supranational Miss Eco International Mister Universal Ambassador
Mister Supranational Miss Eco International Mister Universal Ambassador
Miss Intercontinental Mister International Miss Cosmopolitan World
Miss Intercontinental Mister International Miss Cosmopolitan World
Miss Grand International Face of Beauty International Miss Supermodel Worldwide
Miss Grand International Face of Beauty International Miss Supermodel Worldwide
Mister Global Miss Supranational Miss Earth
Mister Global Miss Supranational Miss Earth
Miss International Miss World Miss Universe
Miss International Miss World Miss Universe
Man of the World World Beauty Queen Manhunt International
Man of the World World Beauty Queen Manhunt International


contact us to advertise with missosology