Sidelights and Highlights

Sidelights and Highlights

Postby Prozac » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:54 pm

Some highlights and sidelights at the Binibining Pilipinas 2021 coronation night.:

1. This is the first-ever I enjoyed watching Binibining Pilipinas. The production number was well executed and the
girls gyrated and pirouetted synchronously like they were precision dancers. Nobody has succeeded in doing that
in the previous BB Pilipinas opening salvo. They were easy to the eye. I think the production has leveled up knowing
what ABSCBN went through in the last 2 years.

2. I also enjoyed that they focus on the girls this time, and the national costume segment was phenomenal.Even
the gowns were highlighted ( in the same way how the frogs were dissected in our biology class) to the delight of the
fashion designers. When Gabrielle Basiano came out, the camera lingered languidly on the gown, exposing its insides.
It was as though the camera was making love to Gabrielle's body.

3. The hosts made a commendable job, but I was distracted with Catriona ... it looked like she was gaining weight.
Am I right? Sorry guys ... do I need new glasses ... or I still have a perfect 20-20 vision?

4. This is also the first time the Q and A concentrated mostly on Covid, and I was impressed with the girl's answers.
And inspirational messages were raining cats and dogs.

5. Cinderella Faye Obenita was the lucky 13th semi-finalist. I was clapping at her answer in the Q and A. Little did
she know that the winning answer zoomed and catapulted her hold in the top position. And judging from her reaction,
she didn't expect to win, and that makes the scene so precious.

6 I notice Catriona pronounced (Montagne) differently. At the back of my mind I was saying, "Was that the right
pronunciation? Well, I shrug the thought knowing the person saying it ... was Catriona. Maybe she knows better.
But then Nicole Cordoves pronounced it the way I thought it was. So which one was correct. Maureen ... do the
honor to educate us.

7. My Ilonggo friend said Boy Abunda was the reason why Karen Laurie Mendoza lost. I ask her why and she said," he
was playing with words. He was asking a question, why does he have to make it difficult when he can make it simple
for the candidate to understand. Pa-intellectual na pa cute pa. Does he even care she lost? Hell no ... he was doing
to get pogi points. He is doing it for himself. As we all know there are several ways to catch attention. Either you do
good ... or bad.

8. This is a strong group of candidates, Every single girl has so much to bring to the table from day one, and there
were not enough titles for an amazing group of candidates that they have in the competition.

9. Maureen Montagne getting the Miss Globe crown was a little unexpected. She has the potential to go for a much
bigger title. Was it her age that was the culprit? Any other bigger titles that would qualify her age bracket?

10. Samantha Panlileo was brand new to pageantry. She is a neophyte and she can bring like a new perspective or a new
approach to winning. And I am so excited what she going to bring. She has the physique and a body structure of a
Miss Gwand International.

11. For trivia lovers, this is the third Samantha we send to Angkol Nawat's beauty extravaganza. First, there was
Samantha Lo, then followed by a more successful Samantha Bernardo, now its Samantha Panlileo. One thing that
worry me though is her height.

12. Hannah Arnold has a prototype for a Miss International mold. She did great with the interview, and her grand
reveal in her gown segment made a quite a splash, a little dramatic but the judges did not fault her for that.

13. Justine Felizarta was robbed. She did all her best to win the contest, but I guess her best wasn't good enough.
She worked consistently from beginning to end and she was the toast of kibitzers and onlookers but she felt short.
She did have her surgery recently to cap her Binibining Pilipinas journey, but luck was too stingy she was not even
called.

14. Another trivia for you guys. Did you know that Number 17 is the luckiest number for the Miss International title?
In 2018 - Ahtisa Manalo #17 won Bb. Pilipinas International and was duplicated by Patch Magtanong #17 in 2019.
In 2021, Hannah Arnold #17 made it as the third holder of this number to make it to the Miss International finish
line.

15. Catriona again made a faux pas when erroneously pronounced Valenzuela as Venezuela. But fans are forgiving,
nobody has mentioned this in their reviews.

16. Cindy Obenita was the real Cinderella of the night. Her chances of winning was a little close to slim, but after
the Q and A round, there's no stopping her.

18. Gabriel Basiano and Meiji Cruz were ably placed first and second runner up. That is what we called reserved.
Next year expect them to have a crown of their own

19. Everybody was so thrilled about Miss Gwand International, especially after Sam Bernardo's first runner-up finish.
Samantha Panlilio has a checkmark on every category except for HEIGHT. When are we going to do this right?
If we want a Miss Gwand title, the selection committee should have done their assignment right.

20. The absence of Resham Saeed did not escape our radar. I know Miss Supranational was already hijacked by another
pageant, but Miss Universe who was snatched by MUP has Gazini Ganados still on the stage. Is she out of town, or is this
still the after eddects of Covid, or she is not in good terms with BB Pilipinas.

Last edited by Prozac on Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Prozac
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Butch
Date of Birth: 16 Mar 2016
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Hospital Worker
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: bully buster, fake news antidote
Message: If you see bizarre behaviors in you, seek professional help.

Re: Sidelights and Highlights

Postby poker_man » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:57 pm

Boy Abunda is so annoying. Laging pa-deep, sa totoo lang hindi naman siya talaga matalino. Mahilig lang siyang magtwist ng mga tanong para masabing intelligent siya. Pero hindi. Masyado siyang pabibo. Kahit sa interviews, he keeps interrupting his guest.
poker_man
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 21 Jun 1985
Profession: Doctor
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty pageants

Postby wiwe (happy) » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:10 pm

wiwe (happy)
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 23 Jul 2003
Profession: Volunteer Corps
Hobbies/Interests: Swimming, pets - Folk music

Postby kurtij » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:28 pm

STUPID QUESTION FROM BOY ABUNDA.

BUT KAREN LAURRIE COULD'VE ANSWERED LIKE

IT'S OK TO NOT BE OK WHEN YOU CAN COPE WITH IT AND YOU HAVE PEOPLE AROUND YOU WHOM YOU CAN OPEN UP TO (OR SEEK HELP FROM) OF THE ANXIETY, STRESS AND DEPRESSION THAT YOU'RE GOING THROUGH.

IT'S NOT OK TO NOT BE OK WHEN YOU'RE TRYING TO COPE WITH IT BY SUPPRESSING YOUR FEELINGS AND FAILING TO REACH OUT FOR HELP.
kurtij

Real Life Name/Nick: m_cronin
Date of Birth: 27 Dec 1989
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Missosologist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: CURSING

Postby mrgary » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:21 pm

Mendoza should have answered, "It's okay to fail in a relationship with a man who used and abused you. However, it is not okay when you become a magnet for losers and repeat the same mistake over and over again because it becomes a vicious cycle for you to be in such a dysfunctional relationship. I do not want to be likened to that famous adage, 'Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, shame on me!', and I thank you!"
mrgary
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 15 May 1969
Profession: Businessman
Hobbies/Interests: Piano-playing, Blogging, Traveling

Postby esperasave » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:08 pm

mrgary wrote:Mendoza should have answered, "It's okay to fail in a relationship with a man who used and abused you. However, it is not okay when you become a magnet for losers and repeat the same mistake over and over again because it becomes a vicious cycle for you to be in such a dysfunctional relationship. I do not want to be likened to that famous adage, 'Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, shame on me!', and I thank you!"

It's not okay anytime and anywhere to bash me. But it's OK to support my candidacy.
esperasave

Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Profession: medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

Postby esperasave » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:38 am

mrgary wrote:Mendoza should have answered, "It's okay to fail in a relationship with a man who used and abused you. However, it is not okay when you become a magnet for losers and repeat the same mistake over and over again because it becomes a vicious cycle for you to be in such a dysfunctional relationship. I do not want to be likened to that famous adage, 'Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, shame on me!', and I thank you!"

It's not okay to twist our minds and brains because everyone in this world knows how to type words already.
esperasave

Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Profession: medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

Postby renegade » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:15 am

It is okay to be not okay when you go through the normal day to day hardships and circumstances because I am a strong, resilient and independent woman. But it is not okay to be not okay when it comes to my family. I love my family so much that I want the best for them and when things go wrong, I strive hard and do my best for them.
"OUT OF THE ABUNDANCE OF THE HEART THE MOUTH SPEAKS..." ---MATTHEW 12:34

IF LOVE IS YOUR WEAKNESS, THEN YOU ARE THE STRONGEST PERSON IN THE WORLD...
renegade

Date of Birth: 08 Aug 1988
Profession: full-time lover
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: ANYTHING UNDER THE SUN FOR AS LONG AS I'M WITH U..

Postby Virginia Dalisay » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:02 pm

Wow sosyal at very polished
ang Bb. Pilipinas edition this year.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nf4Jgnv4p0o

[youtube]nf4Jgnv4p0o[/youtube]

Imferness, solid yung top 13 nila.
Lahat magaling sa kudahan.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_7dZcYUcBUc

[youtube]_7dZcYUcBUc[/youtube]

Grabeeee, sobrang ganda ng
mga evening gowns.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r_Q_p3iTL1M

[youtube]r_Q_p3iTL1M[/youtube]

Brainy at magagaling
din silang lahat sa Q&A.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=weea-zchIX4

[youtube]weea-zchIX4[/youtube]

ImageImage
Virginia Dalisay
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Date of Birth: 14 Feb 1991
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Archeologist
Hobbies/Interests: Live the life you love and Love the life you live.
Message: Never be a prisoner of your past. It was just a lesson, not a life sentence.

Postby Prozac » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:00 pm

I was talking to my Ilongga friend and she volunteered to answer Boy Abunda's question, and because she was frustrated
how the question was formed, her answer was indeed full of sarcasm and contempt.

"It is okay to be not okay if you fail to answer a question because somebody is trying to trick you. It is a normal
reaction. But it is not okay to be not okay when you feel someone was responsible why you didn't advance because
the person has put bait on you so you will fail."

In fairness to Boy A. I reminded my friend Boy didn't want her to fail. The question could have been asked to
any one in the semifinalist line-up. Too bad Laurie Mendoza picked him and became the willing victim.

However, if I could pull back the hands of time, I want all 13 of them to respond to the same question. If all
fail miserably, then there is a problem with the way the question was worded.
Prozac

Real Life Name/Nick: Butch
Date of Birth: 16 Mar 2016
Profession: Hospital Worker
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: bully buster, fake news antidote
Message: If you see bizarre behaviors in you, seek professional help.

Postby BEKBEK » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:31 pm

ImageImage
BEKBEK
SUPER SONICS are SPEEDIEST posters.
SUPER SONICS are SPEEDIEST posters.

Date of Birth: 09 Mar 1992
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Supermodel
Hobbies/Interests: Ang mga malalandi natatalo ang mga magaganda.
Message: Pero kung malandi ka na tapos maganda ka pa! Eh P#tang#na! Kaw na! D Best Ka!

Return to Miss Universe