Miss Earth 2017 vs Miss Supranational-USA candidate

Miss Earth 2017 vs Miss Supranational-USA candidate

Postby ajsy0203 » Sat May 01, 2021 8:51 am

One of the comment on FB said (K* G* - name withheld):
Karen Ibasco is not the type of beauty queen that preach about a certain advocacy for the sake of having an advocacy. Karen knows what she's saying. She research. She's Miss Earth! Hello?
Na-lecturan tuloy si Miss Supra Tennessee. Huwag si Karen Ibasco, teh! Just don't! Lol!

What is your reaction?

Last edited by ajsy0203 on Sat May 01, 2021 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Re: Miss Earth 2017 vs Miss Supranational-USA candidate

Postby ajsy0203 » Sat May 01, 2021 9:14 am

Original Post:

Please check her response on her IG stories.
ajsy0203

Postby ambasing » Sat May 01, 2021 11:28 am

ajsy0203 wrote:

One of the comment on FB said (K* G* - name withheld):
Karen Ibasco is not the type of beauty queen that preach about a certain advocacy for the sake of having an advocacy. Karen knows what she's saying. She research. She's Miss Earth! Hello?
Na-lecturan tuloy si Miss Supra Tennessee. Huwag si Karen Ibasco, teh! Just don't! Lol!

What is your reaction?

Well Ms USA - Suprantional is right!!!

and of course Ibasco will defend Nestle as she is part of it.
ambasing
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Real Life Name/Nick: Lester
Date of Birth: 11 Feb 1990
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: reading books

Postby Handsama » Sat May 01, 2021 11:41 am

Agree with Queen Karen. Regardless of how much a certain company is perceived to add to environmental damage, it matters that we support its efforts to curb such. Vilifying it won’t lead to better outcome.

Miss Earth 2017 @karenibasco posted a message via her Instagram stories after a post regarding her response to an American beauty queen went abuzz on social media.

The commenter, who turned out to be Miss Supranational Tennessee 2020, called her out for supporting Nestle's environmental campaign, despite the company being named a top plastic polluter in the world.

For Karen, it is more important to encourage these companies who caused environmental damage to change their ways, instead of pointing fingers.

Handsama
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Profession: Secret
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Postby Handsama » Sat May 01, 2021 11:52 am

Handsama

Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Profession: Secret
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Postby ajsy0203 » Sat May 01, 2021 12:21 pm

Handsama wrote:Agree with Queen Karen. Regardless of how much a certain company is perceived to add to environmental damage, it matters that we support its efforts to curb such. Vilifying it won’t lead to better outcome.

Miss Earth 2017 @karenibasco posted a message via her Instagram stories after a post regarding her response to an American beauty queen went abuzz on social media.

The commenter, who turned out to be Miss Supranational Tennessee 2020, called her out for supporting Nestle's environmental campaign, despite the company being named a top plastic polluter in the world.

For Karen, it is more important to encourage these companies who caused environmental damage to change their ways, instead of pointing fingers.

Arianna Vel responded already on IG, but let's take some healthy discussion out there.
ajsy0203

Postby esperasave » Sat May 01, 2021 2:44 pm

But Nestle is a big Food Products company. What have they done bad over the years?
esperasave
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Profession: medical
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

Postby ne0n » Sat May 01, 2021 4:21 pm

I think Karen is not there to promote Nestle as a brand, but to raise awareness of the company's effort to be Net Zero (reduction of emissions which is aligned with the Paris Agreement).

At least the company is doing something to drastically change their impact to the environment. Keeping a blind eye and not doing anything is far worse.
ne0n
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: ne0n
Date of Birth: 04 Apr 2010
Profession: Medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby manoypoe » Sat May 01, 2021 4:58 pm

I read the exchange between Karen and Arianna, both have valid points. I am in between but slightly leaning towards Karen not because she is Miss Earth but her points are very valid. Having a dialogue with a company people believe to be damaging Mother Earth but is now calibrating their steps is a very positive move. I think, Arianna belongs to Miss Earth than any other pageants. Love to see opposing ideas among the Queens, we have a healthy and professional discussions. Fans must allow them to have a peaceful discussion coz we will all learn. :=p :=p =D>
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby esperasave » Sat May 01, 2021 5:03 pm

manoypoe wrote:I read the exchange between Karen and Arianna, both have valid points. I am in between but slightly leaning towards Karen not because she is Miss Earth but her points are very valid. Having a dialogue with a company people believe to be damaging Mother Earth but is now calibrating their steps is a very positive move. I think, Arianna belongs to Miss Earth than any other pageants. Love to see opposing ideas among the Queens, we have a healthy and professional discussions. Fans must allow them to have a peaceful discussion coz we will all learn. :=p :=p =D>

Every businesses whether small or big utilizes energy and it's one waste product is thru air emision. How come that they are single out Nestle?
esperasave

Postby manoypoe » Sat May 01, 2021 5:18 pm

esperasave wrote:
manoypoe wrote:I read the exchange between Karen and Arianna, both have valid points. I am in between but slightly leaning towards Karen not because she is Miss Earth but her points are very valid. Having a dialogue with a company people believe to be damaging Mother Earth but is now calibrating their steps is a very positive move. I think, Arianna belongs to Miss Earth than any other pageants. Love to see opposing ideas among the Queens, we have a healthy and professional discussions. Fans must allow them to have a peaceful discussion coz we will all learn. :=p :=p =D>

Every businesses whether small or big utilizes energy and it's one waste product is thru air emision. How come that they are single out Nestle?

Arianna claimed that she had made a thesis about Nestle and she admires Karen. So she was disappointed that Karen is promoting Nestle. I think, Karen is not promoting Nestle's products but only Nestle's Net Zero Fair initiative. Hoping that Nestle is really serious in correcting their erring ways.

There is a positive side of this issue coz it is educating us. I never knew that Nestle has done serious environmental damage.

I want to hear Queen Lindsey's opinion about this issue. :=p :=p =D> =D>
manoypoe

Postby esperasave » Sat May 01, 2021 5:46 pm

manoypoe wrote:
esperasave wrote:

Arianna claimed that she had made a thesis about Nestle and she admires Karen. So she was disappointed that Karen is promoting Nestle. I think, Karen is not promoting Nestle's products but only Nestle's Net Zero Fair initiative. Hoping that Nestle is really serious in correcting their erring ways.

There is a positive side of this issue coz it is educating us. I never knew that Nestle has done serious environmental damage.

If Nestle have done serious damage with their business, how come they continued to operate and have grown worldwide? Come to think twice.
esperasave

Postby Jayah » Sat May 01, 2021 6:34 pm

esperasave wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
esperasave wrote:

If Nestle have done serious damage with their business, how come they continued to operate and have grown worldwide? Come to think twice.

It's not only Nestle, it's almost or every company in the world, especially the big ones.

Karen is not representing Nestle products, she is talking about the company's environmental responsibility.
Jayah
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jaya
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Singer
Hobbies/Interests: Diving

Postby manoypoe » Sat May 01, 2021 7:48 pm

esperasave wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
esperasave wrote:

I think, it is not a crime(?) when your company is doing serious damage to Mother Earth. Nestle comes into the spotlight coz of Queen Karen's recent activities with the company. Arianna was just disappointed that Queen Karen is 'promoting' Nestle when in fact Queen Karen is not all promoting Nestle's products.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Sat May 01, 2021 7:51 pm

Jayah wrote:
esperasave wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
esperasave wrote:

It's not only Nestle, it's almost or every company in the world, especially the big ones.

Karen is not representing Nestle products, she is talking about the company's environmental responsibility.

Agree, the steel industries. They are the one of the business sectors creating irreparable damage to Mother Earth. Actually, in China, they have already started downsizing their steel industries. They have cut their outputs and now started importing scrap steel from other parts of the world.

I also agree with Karen's stand to have a dialogue with major companies.
manoypoe

Postby ne0n » Sat May 01, 2021 10:14 pm

It is actually healthy to hear feedbacks and opposing views to form a deeper understanding with the issue at hand. Everyone can contribute to better understand this global problem and suggest possible solutions. Thank you Queen Karen for opening the discussion.

ne0n

Real Life Name/Nick: ne0n
Date of Birth: 04 Apr 2010
Profession: Medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby esperasave » Sun May 02, 2021 1:08 am

manoypoe wrote:
Jayah wrote:
esperasave wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
esperasave wrote:

Agree, the steel industries. They are the one of the business sectors creating irreparable damage to Mother Earth. Actually, in China, they have already started downsizing their steel industries. They have cut their outputs and now started importing scrap steel from other parts of the world.

I also agree with Karen's stand to have a dialogue with major companies.

But Karen can become Nestle's endorser. She got the charm, goods and intellect to increase it's sales.
esperasave

Postby ajsy0203 » Sun May 02, 2021 1:21 am

I felt Arianna participated at the wrong pageant? If she will win Miss Supranational USA title, will Gerhard & co. use her advocacy to their organization?
Last edited by ajsy0203 on Sun May 02, 2021 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
ajsy0203

Postby manoypoe » Sun May 02, 2021 4:31 am

ajsy0203 wrote:I felt Arianna competed at the wrong pageant? If she will win Miss Supranational USA title, will Gerhard & co. use her advocacy to their pageant?

She said she is no more pageants but I love to see her in Miss Earth USA stage and represent USA or USVI in Miss Earth stage.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Sun May 02, 2021 5:13 pm

titasofpageantry
Tita Lavinia: Well good morning indeed. Coffee or tea?

Let's go for tea this time.

I'm posting this here because the conversation you'll read is heavy hitting, smart and polite.

I'm a little conflicted at how public this discussion has become but as a fan, I know that not all my DMs will be seen or addressed so might as well take a chance with a very public comment.

So to give you some context, Karen Ibasco, Miss Earth 2017 participated at the Nestle Net Zero Fair, an event to discuss sustainability, better practices and programs related to climate change and the corporation's direct effect on the environment.

@ariannavail , an environmental advocate and former Miss Supranational TN, who has done extensive research on the issue expressed her disappointment towards Karen's participation and involvement with a company who she knows is one of the largest emitters of waste and carbon in the world.

I feel that both ladies addressed their positions clearly. They were both queenly but I got to hand this to Karen for backing up her statements with facts, class and restraint.

Learn people.

Also, when one party expressed intentions to settle things in private. Ummm yes. Discuss the issue at hand privately. Just saying coz I knew of someone who wanted to discuss things in private only to have screenshots emerge from our "private" conversation distributed to shady parties. Wonk wonk.

Be a Queen. Learn from these two.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Sun May 02, 2021 5:15 pm

karixie
Karen is Queen indeed. She was not just prepared for the pageant to win it but proved us that her reign goes beyond the time she won.

acissejcm
Karen is the classiest Queen ever. The unbothered Queen
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Sun May 02, 2021 5:16 pm

jamesgannaban
What a beautiful exchange. Hay!! Sana ganyan!!! May consideration talaga for each other’s points. They agreed to disagree in the most intelligent of ways - at natuto pa mga nagbabasa. Sana all.

cornflakegurl
All the more reason she truly deserved the ME crown. She may not be traditionally beautiful as perceived by those shallow pageant fans but her dedication, knowledge and collaboration with concerned companies and organizations will make a bigger impact to Mother Earth and the ME organization.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Sun May 02, 2021 5:18 pm

eightythreefiftyeight
#Classy not trashy. Good job to both ladies. #Queenly

janlapatha
Parang nasa roundtable discussion lang tayo! Ang ganda ng flow ng usapan. Both parties are right

reynakhun
Then these bashers have the audacity to doubt the win of Karen? Eh after the pageant, she still has one of the greatest relevance sa title niya.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Sun May 02, 2021 5:19 pm

alamagffpujalte
Tita I liked how Karen address this issue. May point sya na hindi paraan na ipa-shutdown ang isang company because aminin naman talaga natin that companies have contributed greatly to the economy. Instead of them shutting down their businesses, why not nga naman encourage them to practice sustainability practices in which Karen always pin pointing it "to change our ways" just like how she answered her Q and A back then at Miss Earth 2017.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Sun May 02, 2021 5:21 pm

thejanetvjohnson
Apologies, there's just so many hostile-toned "Karens" in my country (US) right now. Whereas the real Karen is the one who has actual receipts, direct interaction with the companies & lays out a fair ending to this discussion.

rdnmio
Next thing we know, debate na ang intelligence portion ng Miss Earth

kenobabes
OMG! You don't mess with our earth queen, Dyosa ng Kalikasan, Philippines!
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Sun May 02, 2021 5:23 pm

harharot
Na nosebleed ako. Ang sustansya ng usapan. Parehas na may point. May pinaglalaban. May facts. May utak. Kay ate Supranational join ka ng ME pls.

janecollins2481
nanlalamon talaga ito si Karen gh0rL! Most of the MPE queens (may mga exceptions ha) ay very articulate at very diplomatic sa pagsagot. No wonder yung iba either nagveventure sa Business, NGO or sa mga gov't. post. Kids Learn!!! #BeLikeKaren

kiryuugin
An example of a strong but healthy argument. Ad Hominem left the "Earth".
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Sun May 02, 2021 5:27 pm

greaticarus
Raising your argument without being rude is indeed possible. Each side has solid points. Ang gaan lang ng batuhan nila. This is really fitting for a Miss Earth title holder. And I believe, Karen won’t allow herself to be affiliated in a company who has hidden agenda. That only defeats the purpose of the cause she believes in. This fact alone proves that the said company is really redirecting its steps to mitigate the effects of climate change. She clearly did her research.

For the former MSupranational TN, I like her small gesture of agreeing that this should be discussed privately. Pag iba yan, masyadong pabida for the sake of showing off to people na she is knowledgeable enough.

meloiloi
I love their conversation. So proud of our queen!A true Miss Earth everyone!

httpwel
She just proved the she deserves the ME crown.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Sun May 02, 2021 5:29 pm

kheemylicious
Ang intense pero polite pa din. Good job, ladies! @titasofpageantry @karenibasco

donfrancisvinuya
The only “Karen” we deserve

jns._.vlls
Ang sarap basahinn, ang intellectual ng conversation. Also, bakit naririnig ko boses ni Ms Karen habang nagbabasa? Hahahaha
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Sun May 02, 2021 5:32 pm

siriuscattt
oh ayan koronahan na ulit! ahaha. so much respect to both queens.

noypreneur
Huge huge respect for Kween @karenibasco

hoobsnotboobs
@ariannavail Hello Queen, hope you consider joining Miss Earth USA!

pamangkin_ni_tita
Ay ang bongga nila!Sana in time mag ME din si Ariana Grande! kaloka katalinuhan ng mga BQ kapag hindi puro Ulet-ulet inaadvocate at tapos na reign,nakikita sa mga gawa nila at post.Palakpakan silang dalawa
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Sun May 02, 2021 5:33 pm

emvhan
That's the Karen we all need! This is why she won ME 2017.. Pero gusto ko sana more pa.. haha! Ganda ng batuhan ng points..

kareninalaureano
beautiful and brain Ms Karen Ibasco proud of her
manoypoe

Next

Return to Miss Earth