What's Happening Inside MUO?

What's Happening Inside MUO?

Postby sephie » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:30 am

I SUPER AGREE NINA when she said that Miss Universe lost so much in recent years. Personally, I think it is very telling of the management and direction they have been applying.
1. Paula and Shawn are both under Donald's management as well but they had Donald's vision to support them. Now that they are on their own (obviously IMG is letting them be as long as they are self sustaining), they are rambling and seem to not know what to do.

2. They started off in the right direction with the Steve Harvey incident but obviously they took a Miss America route ---- all advocacy, all talk, lessen glamour. Contestant quality has improved but it has become less appealing to the audience

3. I think this edition has become to Philippine-centric (swimwear, shoes, skincare, voting, etc), it is a good opportunity and a good platform for the brands but former sponsors are global brands, encompassing borders

Whats happening inside MUO?

sephie
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageants

Re: What's Happening Inside MUO?

Postby Totoypasiboy » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:30 am

What's happening inside MUO? Why don't you ask MUO directly? As if you'll find the answer here. Ask Paula Shugart.
Big Four of Beauty Pageant

Totoypasiboy
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: P' Totoy
Date of Birth: 26 Jul 1994
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: TROLLBUSTER - Earthling
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Love busting Trolls!

Postby esperasave » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:41 pm

Totoypasiboy wrote:What's happening inside MUO? Why don't you ask MUO directly? As if you'll find the answer here. Ask Paula Shugart.

It doesn't matter who the sponsors are or who they are inside the MUO. As long as they don't skip the venue of Miss Universe annually or else they'll be out of the Roster or Honor Roll with the Pageantries. It always happen in any organization that humpy dumpy things are occurring but keep the venue date alive every single year. Philippine centric is a way for the greatest fan of the world, the universe rather to be recognized lagging behind way way miles are Thailand and Indonesia because we utilized so much effort and time to showcase the best in the universe for each and every countries. If they claimed that Thailand and Indonesia have 9 and 7 golds respectively in the Olympics but still 0 with the Philippines. But we are ripping titles after titles with Miss Universe and other Pageantries. Just Miss Universe alone is the Olympics of the Beauty Pageants. This is how our relationship goes with them, hate and love. Also, even before that many countries have lost interest with the pageantry but its picking up again considering that the Pageantry have gained so much in momentum over the years with different titles at stake. And it's possible that if you're a pageant lover like the Filipinos, Thais or Indonesians as a contestants, trainors, franchise holders and much more fanatics, you can get to experience all of it. You can be the greatest fan, trainor, contestant or franchise holder to all of Miss Universe, Miss World, Miss Earth, Miss International, Miss Supra, Miss Gwand Intl and so many others out there but with an open arms, they'll embrace and welcomes you with love and respect.
Last edited by esperasave on Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
esperasave
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

Postby mybadname » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:03 pm

Oh they're doing great. So don't fret. MUO knows exactly what they are doing. Perhaps only you dont know cause you are not part of the group. And just a piece of advice dont tell me about global brands. Are you nuts? MUO had been partnering with unknown brands even during the time of Donald Trump. So just be happy that they got some sponsors cause it pays the bill.
my name is bad but i am good

Miss Universe only and nothing else!
mybadname

Real Life Name/Nick: ralph
Date of Birth: 19 Nov 1980
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Postby beautywatchnyc » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:21 pm

But of course, Paula and Shawn know exactly what they're doing.

You're no better qualified than these two nor equipped with technical knowledge to ease the real situation on the ground. Stop being presumptive as if you were the provider of wisdom and both executives were derelict in performing their respective duties. In retrospect, both Paula and Shawn kept the brand alive but the harsh reality hit hard since. Early efforts to float the org, to the chagrin of many, had failed. Operating under pressure, the org took the risk at evolving, re-engineering and in re-inventing its approaches in order to address newer challenges, but failed in maintaining cost margins, as a result suffered losses in the interim.

Interestingly, IMG was all set and continued to operate in difficult times under false pretenses. The dearth of big league sponsors point to a drain in income stream, hence, maintaining the costly org went even tougher. Running a losing proposition is a gamble and huge responsibility esp now that MUO is bereft of a steady source of income and revenue. The org has had to stave costs yet contend with its commitments by means of the viable practical solutions. For example, an empty coffer translates to fewer, if not lesser, accomplishment, not to mention specifically the lack of glitter or no frills at all in matters of stage, presentation, and over-all production capability.

A business entity as MUO had witnessed better days and has reached peak. To those who like to remain in the status quo and refuse to adapt to the changes in time, MUO's future looks bleak. The org has nowhere to go but bust.

beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy

Postby esperasave » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:58 pm

sephie wrote:

I SUPER AGREE NINA when she said that Miss Universe lost so much in recent years. Personally, I think it is very telling of the management and direction they have been applying.
1. Paula and Shawn are both under Donald's management as well but they had Donald's vision to support them. Now that they are on their own (obviously IMG is letting them be as long as they are self sustaining), they are rambling and seem to not know what to do.

2. They started off in the right direction with the Steve Harvey incident but obviously they took a Miss America route ---- all advocacy, all talk, lessen glamour. Contestant quality has improved but it has become less appealing to the audience

3. I think this edition has become to Philippine-centric (swimwear, shoes, skincare, voting, etc), it is a good opportunity and a good platform for the brands but former sponsors are global brands, encompassing borders

Whats happening inside MUO?

If you are complaining about lesser glamour because of the sponsors brand that Miss Universe employed for May's competition but wait for Amanda Obdam to be the winner. You'll get redemption because her favorite Miss Universes are Catriona and Pia (half Australian and half German respectively) with her Global brands on her court such as Gucci, Christian Louboutin, Turkish Airlines, Christian Dior and Louis Vuitton. And those Thai designers and Thai Airways are even out. What else can you ever whine and fuss? Even just in her own campaign to become Miss Universe, she will be bringing in most of any glamour combined for all candidates?
Last edited by esperasave on Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
esperasave

Postby jncanphil » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:33 pm

Have you notice...A Philippine Multi millionaire might soon own the MUO pageant or as a major partner... its on transition. Be very observant.
jncanphil
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1985
Profession: professional
Hobbies/Interests: travel

Postby jncanphil » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:33 pm

Have you notice...A Philippine Multi millionaire might soon own the MUO pageant or as a major partner... its on transition. Be very observant.
jncanphil

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1985
Profession: professional
Hobbies/Interests: travel

Postby esperasave » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:47 pm

jncanphil wrote:Have you notice...A Philippine Multi millionaire might soon own the MUO pageant or as a major partner... its on transition. Be very observant.

A major partner but not The Owner. They need to buy MISS USA, Miss Teen USA and their State Franchises as well as the franchises of all countries involved. It could be better, The Aranetas. They have The Smart Colisuem and a Hotel already for logistics need and why not? It's easy for them to stage Miss Universe with a home set up for the candidates. Likewise, without The Aranetas, there could be no prestige of what Miss Universe has become today. Now, without their Miss U franchise, they can be partnered, right? They don't have any conflict of interest in dealing with the MUO. Most importantly, their millions and millions of fan base has been always intact to get the Miss Universe even more prestigious and glamorous with Advocacy towards different Charities that is overwhelming beloved by all. Their brand by the way is called BPCI, which means Binibining Pilipinas CHARITIES Inc. It can't get any better than them.
esperasave

Postby Bonitillo Campanella » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:11 pm

l just wish we could get a different venue every year other than USA :| :| :|
Angela, gracias por hacer historia guapa!
=D>

Bonitillo Campanella
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Estibaliz Kloutier
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1994
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: PR Maven
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe, MW, MI

Postby esperasave » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:30 pm

Bonitillo Campanella wrote:l just wish we could get a different venue every year other than USA :| :| :|

Miss Universe's Brand is so expensive by many countries to enjoy. Just my ticket alone in May is $250 and it sold only for 15 minutes by Ticketmaster. It took me also that time to ever lock in a single ticket. I monitored the ticket thru the website then God sent me a message to wake up that morning 0657 California time and run across Ticketmaster's. Then they had a countdown that 3 minutes will be left until the release of tickets. I immediately sign in from Ticketmaster because that's the only way you'll ever fight for a ticket to buy one. If you'll have problems in signing in and cannot log in, then you'll be caught with nothing because when 15 minutes have gone, they've already sold only a few tickets that they're releasing so far. And so after I successfully attempted to login, exactly 7am, they've shown the tickets they're releasing but it needs to be locked in with you or else it will direct you to get another chance to lock another one. Then I kept trying and trying until I finally got one with my patience paid it off to get that elusive ticket. There were only few purchase, not a whole lot but they say that there are some more coming in days ahead.
Last edited by esperasave on Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
esperasave

Postby Nina Cleopatra » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:20 am

They lost the one thing that set them apart from other Pageants. Having a Big Network kept other Pageants from reaching to their level. Now things are going to get interesting and more equalized with a weakened MUO.
Nina Cleopatra
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1984
Profession: Queen
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: Be Pampered
Message: Who's in charge of the girls?.. I'M IN CHARGE OF THE GIRLS!

Postby esperasave » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:00 am

Nina Cleopatra wrote:They lost the one thing that set them apart from other Pageants. Having a Big Network kept other Pageants from reaching to their level. Now things are going to get interesting and more equalized with a weakened MUO.

It's actually IMG who are behind these sloppiness, humps and dumps that everyone is experiencing in the pageant world, the universe rather. Originally, they were from my hometown, Cleveland, Ohio but I guess from some years now, they've transferred their headquarters to another place. I don't want to know more. I remember during Donald Trump's management days, after the Miss USA Competition, he will announce to anyone he'll meet in the hallway that they're bringing Miss Universe to this country. It will be announced to you in a more personal way. In every competition, Trump will be there and you'll likely bump to him. I remembered bumping to him while I'm getting off the door of the conference room at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas. He had several bodyguards but they should have closely guarded him to prevent their famous client to ram with me. It was just a whole bunch of stupidity in there. But there was no harm so everything went ahead as if nothing happened with that wonderful evening.
esperasave

Postby jhunz23 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:00 am

If you are insinuating that Miss Universe is becoming less relevant for less glamorous
You are very WRONG.
Victoria's Secret which is very glamorous in their fashion show for almost 3 decades, but now they SUNKED into oblivion.
VS failed to adopt and failed to progress, that is why the awaken audience criticize their plateau program.

I am happy for what IMG is doing. They may not have strong sponsors like before, but so all other pageants, their credibility still makes them the Olympics of Pageant!
jhunz23
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Profession: teacher
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster

Postby esperasave » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:05 am

jhunz23 wrote:
If you are insinuating that Miss Universe is becoming less relevant for less glamorous
You are very WRONG.
Victoria's Secret which is very glamorous in their fashion show for almost 3 decades, but now they SUNKED into oblivion.
VS failed to adopt and failed to progress, that is why the awaken audience criticize their plateau program.

I am happy for what IMG is doing. They may not have strong sponsors like before, but so all other pageants, their credibility still makes them the Olympics of Pageant!

But please don't keep it as a habit to skip the venue date of Miss Universe. The show should always go on annually. With Victoria Secret, how many models do they only have? The Miss Universe Competition, there's 70 young more sexy women from all over the World, the Universe rather and its being broadcast to 100 countries and teritories so each year is not the same when there's no Miss Universe.
esperasave

Postby Bonitillo Campanella » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:14 pm

Nina Cleopatra wrote:They lost the one thing that set them apart from other Pageants. Having a Big Network kept other Pageants from reaching to their level. Now things are going to get interesting and more equalized with a weakened MUO.

l know girl, THE FOOLERY! 8-} 8-} 8-}
Angela, gracias por hacer historia guapa!
=D>

Bonitillo Campanella

Real Life Name/Nick: Estibaliz Kloutier
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1994
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: PR Maven
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe, MW, MI

Postby lunica » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:42 pm

Totoypasiboy wrote:What's happening inside MUO? Why don't you ask MUO directly? As if you'll find the answer here. Ask Paula Shugart.

O my God, im with you! My thoughts exactly, thank you so much! :!!
lunica

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1997
Profession: model
Hobbies/Interests: modelling

Postby Mizzyshay12 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:11 pm

Miss Universe IS GOING DOWN THE DRAIN, I MEAN THEY COULDN'T GET A BIG NETWORK TO GET BROADCASTED IN THE U.S HAHAHAHHAHAHAH IMG SUCKS
PHILIPPINES
Mizzyshay12
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Profession: Model/ beauty queen
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Modeling

Postby esperasave » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:40 am

Mizzyshay12 wrote:Miss Universe IS GOING DOWN THE DRAIN, I MEAN THEY COULDN'T GET A BIG NETWORK TO GET BROADCASTED IN THE U.S HAHAHAHHAHAHAH IMG SUCKS

Miss Universe is resurrecting and they are redeeming because it's not pay per view anymore.
Last edited by esperasave on Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
esperasave

Postby poker_man » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:15 pm

They lost a lot of sponsors along the way. It's just the same old predictable show where the same girls are crowned and celebrated. To be honest, the most exciting years in terms of competition were 2015 and 2019. From 2016 to 2018, the winners were all predictable.
poker_man

Date of Birth: 21 Jun 1985
Profession: Doctor
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty pageants

Postby kristoffer_s » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:17 am

beautywatchnyc wrote:
But of course, Paula and Shawn know exactly what they're doing.

You're no better qualified than these two nor equipped with technical knowledge to ease the real situation on the ground. Stop being presumptive as if you were the provider of wisdom and both executives were derelict in performing their respective duties. In retrospect, both Paula and Shawn kept the brand alive but the harsh reality hit hard since. Early efforts to float the org, to the chagrin of many, had failed. Operating under pressure, the org took the risk at evolving, re-engineering and in re-inventing its approaches in order to address newer challenges, but failed in maintaining cost margins, as a result suffered losses in the interim.

Interestingly, IMG was all set and continued to operate in difficult times under false pretenses. The dearth of big league sponsors point to a drain in income stream, hence, maintaining the costly org went even tougher. Running a losing proposition is a gamble and huge responsibility esp now that MUO is bereft of a steady source of income and revenue. The org has had to stave costs yet contend with its commitments by means of the viable practical solutions. For example, an empty coffer translates to fewer, if not lesser, accomplishment, not to mention specifically the lack of glitter or no frills at all in matters of stage, presentation, and over-all production capability.

A business entity as MUO had witnessed better days and has reached peak. To those who like to remain in the status quo and refuse to adapt to the changes in time, MUO's future looks bleak. The org has nowhere to go but bust.

Not sure if many pageant fans are aware that Endeavor/IMG is preparing to file their IPO to become a public company where people will be able to buy stocks.

The fact that Endeavor group/ IMG who owns Miss Universe was able to get Elon Musk the richest man in the world as one of the board members in their IPO filing is a sign that they are not going down without a fight.

He has been very vocal that he wants to tap the entertainment business that is why it is not a coincidence he is joining a company who happens to own Miss Universe, UFC, organizes the New York Fashion Week and other sporting events like Miami Open in Tennis.

With how poor Miss Universe is being manage right now I expect a lot of shake up as soon as the company officially become public and Elon Musk settles down in his role starting with the canning of the outdated Paula Shugart and her minions.
kristoffer_s

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2032
Profession: boner
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon

Postby The.Apprentice » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:35 pm

jhunz23 wrote:
You are very WRONG.

Can somebody fucking pin this post at the top of every Miss Universe thread please?
I'm so sick of these faggots always complaining all the time. None of them is grateful that MUO is still pulling a show in the middle of a pandemic, everybody is talking shit about the venue, the announcment of the date etc as if the entertainment world is working just fine.
Y'all may not like what's happening, but Miss Universe is still and always will be the only pageant that is relevant, the one that most people wait and watch, that triggers the most fans, that makes winners VERY popular, that is the most high end produced pageant, that is following trends and redefining what a pageant is. Neither Miss World, International or whatever please you have this impact, can be broadcasted as widely, live in freaking NYC etc

You don't like what's happening under IMG? then go watch MGI where girls act like strippers on a streaming service watched by 25 viewers and leave the true Miss Universe fans alone. Clearly you don't know your Miss Universe history because this pageant has always evolved and adapted according to the worldwide context. Me Too happened, women's empowerment movements happened etc Time to catch up or get left behind. This isn't the Trump era anymore.
And everybody is praising Miss France for its production or the glamor etc But Miss France is being very criticized locally also due to girls not speaking enough and being just barbie dolls. That's why they introduced the final question for the top 5 in recent years and are focusing on women's rights and empowerment.
You can hate all you want and complain, you DO KNOW you will be watching on May 16th, so stfu and enjoy.
The.Apprentice

Date of Birth: 13 May 1990
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Engineer
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

Postby beautywatchnyc » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:59 pm

"Y'all may not like what's happening, but Miss Universe is still and always will be the only pageant that is relevant,...." wooootwooootttt! How's that for an editorial? Spoken like a true apology should be. I keep my lips sealed!
beautywatchnyc

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5

Postby jidelk » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:07 pm

They made the show boring as hell :zzz
Last Miss Universe show was not even broadcasted here in my country, one of the supposed powerhouses in LA

It became just a spelling bee #inclusive show crowning the same countries over and over. Speaking about making peace and changing the world... dude, you are not doing any of that, can you just stop saying so much bulls***

They were trying to appeal to people who will never like a pageant and end up losing the audience that at least for entertainment would watch the show... Now they dont even have someone to broadcast the final night, embarrassing.
jidelk
CUTIES are ADORABLE & CUTE members.
CUTIES are ADORABLE & CUTE members.

Real Life Name/Nick: Luis
Date of Birth: 04 Jun 1992
Profession: Student
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Music, dancing, learning languages

Postby sephie » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:59 am

beautywatchnyc wrote:"Y'all may not like what's happening, but Miss Universe is still and always will be the only pageant that is relevant,...." wooootwooootttt! How's that for an editorial? Spoken like a true apology should be. I keep my lips sealed!

The question is for how long? The rate that they are going and the things they are doing, Im not seeing a bright future
It might be the only relevant beauty pageant BUT if you remember how it was before, it wasnt competing against Ms World or Ms International, it was competing against superbowl in terms of viewership

Time to wake up
sephie

Postby beautywatchnyc » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:14 am

sephie wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:"Y'all may not like what's happening, but Miss Universe is still and always will be the only pageant that is relevant,...." wooootwooootttt! How's that for an editorial? Spoken like a true apology should be. I keep my lips sealed!

The question is for how long? The rate that they are going and the things they are doing, Im not seeing a bright future
It might be the only relevant beauty pageant BUT if you remember how it was before, it wasnt competing against Ms World or Ms International, it was competing against superbowl in terms of viewership

Time to wake up

Time to wake up to a lost cause and faded glory, is that what you're saying? Agree 101%, no argument there!
beautywatchnyc

Postby sephie » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:36 am

beautywatchnyc wrote:
sephie wrote:

Time to wake up

Time to wake up to a lost cause and faded glory, is that what you're saying? Agree 101%, no argument there!

100% i super dont understand people here who cant be critical about whats happening and just putting a blind eye. I mean appreciate all the effort but i dont think its at par to their former standards
sephie

Postby beautywatchnyc » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:43 am

Appreciate? I don't buy your merchandise. Sorry, no sugar coating, please! All the effort has been there but the exercise failed to yield the desired result. As to the poster above who likes to refer to Ms U as the greatest pageant for all time, that's what I call a complete misnomer and an incorrigible injustice. Truth be said: As it is with all things that had reached peak through time, there's nowhere else for the MUO to go but down. There, have a dose.
beautywatchnyc

Postby ajsy0203 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:12 am

I don't understand why sephie kept on "witch hunting" MUO unless sephie have very strong connections with Nawat, so he/she was able to courageously criticized MUO? Every pageants have their own strengths and weaknesses.
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Profession: Office Staff
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby ajsy0203 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:18 am

After 93rd Oscars hit an all time low (less than 10M viewers), I will put a lower expectation when it comes to 69th Miss Universe since the US telecast will air on cable TV (fyi) instead of broadcast TV.
ajsy0203

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Profession: Office Staff
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Next

Return to Miss Universe