New Appointments

New Appointments

Postby Prozac » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:46 am

After two years of Covid ... appointing the Philippine representative to this and that pageant becomes the new normal.
Consider these appointed beauty queens:

1. Herlene Budol was appointed Miss Planet International Philippines 2023 and is currently competing in Uganda
2. Justine Felizarta was appointed Miss Tourism World Philippines 2022 and will compete in Vietnam next month.
3. Maria Angelica Pantaliano was appointed Miss Tourism International Philippines 2022 and is on her way to compete
in Kuching Malaysia.
4. Meiji Cruz was appointed Miss Cosmo World Philippines 2022 and the pageant will be hosted by Malaysia.
5. Cyrille Payumo was appointed for World Top Model 2022 On December 2 to be hosted by Budapest Hungary.
6. Paula Ortega was appointed for Reinado International del Cafe 2023 and will compete in Colombia in January.
7. Annabelle McDonnell was appointed Miss Charm Philippines 2023 and will compete in Vietnam in 2023
8. Will there be more appointments on the horizon?

Having these glaring facts on hand, it looked like appointing our representatives become the IN-thing as of late.
Would you rather have pageant organizations resort to plain appointments rather than embark on an expensive
voyage of holding a pageant to select our representative? Will the worldwide inflation rob the fans of the thrill
and the excitement of the selection process as their candidates elbow each other to win the penultimate crown?
Will there be more changes in ownership after the much-ballyhooed Miss Universe or Miss World takeover?

Your comment guys?

Last edited by Prozac on Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Prozac
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Butch
Date of Birth: 16 Mar 2016
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Hospital Worker
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: bully buster, fake news antidote
Message: If you see bizarre behaviors in you, seek professional help.

Re: New Appointments

Postby JamesBand007 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:33 pm

APPOINTING DELEGATES has a lot of advantages, too many and too long for discussion here. Bottomline is I TOTALLY AGREE to this kind of arrangement because we can CHOOSE the BEST girl suited for that particular pageant. This system saves money, resources and time for preparation. Also it has been proven time and again that we produced WINNERS coming from an appointed arrangement, just recently Shane Tormes, Camille Mercado, Shannen Manzano, Alexandra just to name a few. I certainly support this kind of trend in pageantry.
=D> =D> =D> :D/ :D/ :D/
JamesBand007
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 25 Mar 1975
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Advertising
Hobbies/Interests: sports

Postby kurtij » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:05 pm

I THINK MEIJI CRUZ WILL ALSO BE COMPETING
kurtij
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: m_cronin
Date of Birth: 27 Dec 1989
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Missosologist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: CURSING

Postby Prozac » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:59 am

kurtij wrote:I THINK MEIJI CRUZ WILL ALSO BE COMPETING

YOU ARE RIGHT... I miss that one... Meiji Cruz was appointed Miss Cosmo World pageant 2022 that will
be hosted by Malaysia.

Prozac

Postby Prozac » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:21 am

JamesBand007 wrote:APPOINTING DELEGATES has a lot of advantages, too many and too long for discussion here. Bottomline is I TOTALLY AGREE to this kind of arrangement because we can CHOOSE the BEST girl suited for that particular pageant. This system saves money, resources and time for preparation. Also it has been proven time and again that we produced WINNERS coming from an appointed arrangement, just recently Shane Tormes, Camille Mercado, Shannen Manzano, Alexandra just to name a few. I certainly support this kind of trend in pageantry.

I actually agree with the points you presented ... however, there were minor pageants this year who appointed
their reps and my daughter commented: Nagaappoint na lang ... bakit hindi pa young pinakaganda? I don't know
why minor pageants can't utilize the runners-up from Bb. Pilipinas or Miss Universe Philippines after their reign?"
she continued. If that is the way to appoint representatives ... the possibilities are bright and endless.

Look at Alexandra Mae Rosales. After her stint at BB. Pilipinas she was appointed ... and won Miss Supermodel
Worldwide 2022 in Jaipur India!

Prozac

Postby JamesBand007 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:43 am

Prozac wrote:
JamesBand007 wrote:APPOINTING DELEGATES has a lot of advantages, too many and too long for discussion here. Bottomline is I TOTALLY AGREE to this kind of arrangement because we can CHOOSE the BEST girl suited for that particular pageant. This system saves money, resources and time for preparation. Also it has been proven time and again that we produced WINNERS coming from an appointed arrangement, just recently Shane Tormes, Camille Mercado, Shannen Manzano, Alexandra just to name a few. I certainly support this kind of trend in pageantry.

I actually agree with the points you presented ... however, there were minor pageants this year who appointed
their reps and my daughter commented: Nagaappoint na lang ... bakit hindi pa young pinakaganda? I don't know
why minor pageants can't utilize the runners-up from Bb. Pilipinas or Miss Universe Philippines after their reign?"
she continued. If that is the way to appoint representatives ... the possibilities are bright and endless.

Look at Alexandra Mae Rosales. After her stint at BB. Pilipinas she was appointed ... and won Miss Supermodel

I clearly get your point, however, there are sooo many factors to consider in appointing a candidate :
1. AVAILABILITY of the girl. Baka naman ayaw niya or meron na siyang ibang commitments or priorities kaya di siya pwede mag compete.
2.FUNDING and RESOURCES. Magastos ang mag pageant specially that international yan. Buti sana kung daming sponsors willing to spare some money eh kaso minor pageants yan kaya medyo nag alangan din sila.
3.SUITABILITY or MATCH between the girl and the pageant. Runner up or mas maganda nga si girl pero ang kanyang personality and beauty di naman according to the taste of the organization so di rin pwede.

So these are just among the major considerations in appointing a candidate. It doesn't mean if you are the runner-up eh you will automatically be next line to be appointed.
JamesBand007

Date of Birth: 25 Mar 1975
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Advertising
Hobbies/Interests: sports

Postby Prozac » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:49 pm

JamesBand007 wrote:
Prozac wrote:

I clearly get your point, however, there are sooo many factors to consider in appointing a candidate :
1. AVAILABILITY of the girl. Baka naman ayaw niya or meron na siyang ibang commitments or priorities kaya di siya pwede mag compete.
2.FUNDING and RESOURCES. Magastos ang mag pageant specially that international yan. Buti sana kung daming sponsors willing to spare some money eh kaso minor pageants yan kaya medyo nag alangan din sila.
3.SUITABILITY or MATCH between the girl and the pageant. Runner up or mas maganda nga si girl pero ang kanyang personality and beauty di naman according to the taste of the organization so di rin pwede.

So these are just among the major considerations in appointing a candidate. It doesn't mean if you are the runner-up eh you will automatically be next line to be appointed.

Talking about the factors you said in appointing delegates, especially those Jane-come-lately or beauty queens coming
from low-tier pageants ... what really made them stand out to eclipse the finalist from Binibining Pilipinas, MUP, Miss World Philippines,
or MEP just idling on the sidelines? What miracle occurred ... or was it divine intervention ... and what stroke of genius
they had to get the upper hand making beauties with experience languish on the side and faded to oblivion.

Had there been some precedents where finalists from the BIG 5 refused the appointments offered? Or had they been
picky because the pageant assignment is just minor and in their estimate not good for their stature? And had they been
acting like primadonnas and shooed the organizers away?
Prozac

Postby Prozac » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:14 pm

On the other hand( on the side of Jane-come-lately and beauties from low-tier pageants) ... had there
also been precedence where they made themselves AVAILABLE to be noticed? Or had their managers been
moving heaven and earth so that their talents will be given the nod to represent the country regardless
of whether the pageant is minor or forgettable?

And talking about FUNDING and RESOURCES had there been precedence about candidates, or their parents
and managers wanting to shoulder the expenses - basta maipadala lamang sila at maging representative?
Kaya ba sila na-appoint?

Regarding SUITABILITY and MATCH, my friend was asking kung kailangan ba talaga SWAK na SWAK ang candidate
and the pageant. Hindi ba pwede raw yong maganda na lang, Magaling sa Q and A at pasarela?

Guys mga tanong lang ito at walang malisya. So far I haven't heard of anybody na inintriga ng ganito. But if
there is ... at least we learned something new.
Prozac

Postby kantutay » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:51 am

Justine F should have been sent to Supra instead of that creature Allison Black.
kantutay
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2000
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Boss Bitch
Hobbies/Interests: travel

Return to Other Beauty Pageants