poker_man's Final Miss Universe 2020 Prediction

poker_man's Final Miss Universe 2020 Prediction

Postby poker_man » Sat May 15, 2021 7:11 pm

poker_man's FINAL MISS UNIVERSE 2020 PREDICTION

It's the first time in quite a while that I enjoyed watching the prelims. I really thought that it would be as lackluster and boring as last year's mess where the stage was so tiny and the girls were tripping and slipping everywhere. Remember they even had someone mop the floor on the spot? Looks like the Organization has learned from that and planned the prelims better this time around.

For those who didn't catch the whole thing, Demi Tebow and Zozi Tunzi hosted the prelims, I think it's the first time that two Miss Universe winners (coincidentally from the same country) did the presenting during the prelims and it was very refreshing.

Zozi was amazing, she was very warm and welcoming, showing support to all the girls equally, and she has the makings of a great host. Demi looked great but she struggled sometimes. Cheslie Kryst was introduced but she was a hot mess, I still prefer Jeannie Mai to be honest. It's going to be exciting come finals night because Paulina Vega is going to join the color commentary. It's nice to see her back in the pageant again. Former Miss Universe winners Brooke Lee aka "I will eat everything twice" is a judge and so is the polarizing Zuleyka Rivera aka "Miss Despacito".

I actually made time and created my pre-arrival list here. After watching the preliminaries, there were girls I loved that I felt gave weak performances and there were some surprises that made me change my mind at the last minute. Here is my final prediction.

BUBBLING UNDER

PERU
Janick Maceta Del Castillo
Image Image
Janick was one of my picks to win as soon during the pre-arrivals. She was stunning and she really exudes a warm personality. I am a bit disappointed with her preliminary presentation. I felt that she was too serious and mature looking. Her styling was so off, I just couldn't see her doing well unfortunately.

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
Kímberly Jiménez
Image Image
As much as I adored Kímberly's video presentation, I felt that she wasn't getting the spotlight as much as she could. She did amazing in the preliminary presentation, but I think that it wasn't enough to make her stand out among the strong batch of Latinas. Not to mention, she does this ice cold stare that doesn't seem to work.

SPAIN
Andrea Martínez
Image Image
Another one of those girls that I was rooting for was Andrea. I felt that she was so naturally charming, she reminded me so much of Sofía del Prado (Miss Spain Universe 2017) who was also an athlete. I'm not so sure if her preliminary performance can earn her a placement.

POLAND
Natalia Piguła
Image Image
Natalia came as a surprise to me in the preliminaries. She had a fluid presentation, and I didn't expect her to work the runway very well during both swimsuit and evening gown rounds. Her weak sash is definitely her downfall but I won't count her out.

CZECH REPUBLIC
Klára Vavrušková
Image Image
If this was the Trump era, there's no doubt that Klára would be a sure semifinalist. Just look at that gorgeous face! She doesn't even have to put on anything, she has that stage presence. Unfortunately, it will all boil down to the balance of the preliminary presentation and the closed-door interview and she may be one of those surprises come Sunday night.

TOP 21

ICELAND
Elísabet Hulda Snorradóttir
Image Image
I don't know if Elísabet's bubbly personality alone can push her further into the semifinals but she is really a breath of fresh air. She may not work the runway like a seasoned pageant veteran but her short hair and captivating smile definitely make her standout. I think it's safe to say that she is my sentimental favorite this year.

LAOS
Christina Lasasimma
Image Image
If I were to gamble for a first-time Asian placement this year, I'd go for Laos. Christina has one of the most stunning faces this year and that is her biggest strength. I just cannot ignore this girl's presence during the preliminaries. Put Thailand or Philippines sash on her and she's an automatic top five finalist. I really hope she rocks the semifinals and pulls a surprise.

BRAZIL
Julia Gama
Image Image
Brazil may not be making waves as much as they used to during the Trump years but that might as well be broken this year with Julia. She is an actress in China, and with that small camera time she had in the preliminaries, she did make sure to add a lot of spice and showmanship.

CURAÇAO
Chantal Wiertz
Image Image
I wasn't expecting much from Chantal to be honest. I was already expecting her to somewhat disappoint after the arrivals, which is the case for many frontrunners (with stunning profiles) but the preliminaries showed that she can hold a candle against the top favorites. She exuded so much class in the evening gown competition and she unleashed her Alessandra Ambrosio during the swimsuit segment. It would be a crime if she fails to advance to the semifinals.

DENMARK
Amanda Petri
Image Image
The confidence Amanda exudes when she works the runway is out of this world, you can tell how her dancing background really helped a lot in the way she carries herself. She is so confident and I really see so much potential in her. I know a lot of pageant experts are dismissing Europe this year but this girl is something special.

CAMEROON
Kossinda Angele
Image Image
Kossinda was nowhere to be found in my list during the pre-arrivals and I wasn't even paying much attention to her at all, to be honest. I only started to notice her during the National Costume Show, and then she finally exceeded my expectations during the preliminaries. She is starting to put in the work at the right time and it is definitely showing.

VENEZUELA
Mariángel Villasmil
Image Image
Venezuela is Venezuela and they have not yet lost touch in producing strong delegates. However, I'm still waiting for Mariángel to pull a Sthefany Gutiérrez (Miss Venezuela Universe 2018) and destroy all competition. I'm not a fan of her dated styling to be honest, and I don't know if her performance in the preliminaries can really increase her chances of winning the crown.

ROMANIA
Bianca Lorena Tirsin
Image Image
Hands down, Bianca is the fiercest European delegate to compete this year. I was not expecting her to perform well. I still don't know what the future holds for her in the competition since I have a tendency to overestimate strong performing candidates with weak sashes, and since IMG usually selects the same candidates every year, I am not expecting much. The camera really loves her though, her face is exquisite!

COLOMBIA
Laura Victoria Olascuaga
Image Image
Laura reminds me of Laura González (Miss Colombia Universe 2017) which may not be a good thing as I found last year's Miss Colombia Gabriela Tafur very similar to Paulina Vega (Miss Universe 2014) and it didn't help Gabriela the crown. As much as Colombia dominated during the previous decade I feel like Laura has to switch things up to make her stand out even more. I was surprised she opted for a different type of dress for the preliminaries, I was already predicting the usual Miss Colombia outfit that Paulina Vega, Laura González, Valeria Morales and Gabriela Tafur wore.

INDIA
Adline Castelino
Image Image
India has not won the crown since the year 2000 and pageant fanatics have claimed that the country is a "fallen powerhouse". I think Adline is one of the strongest Indian candidates in recent time and judging by her performance in the pageant so far, she seems to have that balance between being an eloquent speaker and a commercial model. If this was any ordinary year, India can just shoot up easily but with a strong set of Asians, Adline needs to work harder.

COSTA RICA
Ivonne Cerdas
Image Image
Sash factor is the name of the game in pageantry but in recent years, there have been surprises in the IMG era. Though Costa Rica has placed only five times since their participation in Miss Universe since 1954, I think Ivonne has a huge potential to add more placements to her country. She had an exceptional performance during the preliminaries and if she only had that strong sash, she would easily be up there with the heavyweights of this batch.

TOP 10

PHILIPPINES
Rabiya Mateo
Image Image
Rabiya has documented all her daily outfits leading to the finals, and with the intense fanfare over her every move, she somewhat had a breakdown on social media after the recent criticism on her national costume. I think her team should have handled things better, I don't think the pressure and exposure on social media are doing any candidate good. She still remains as part of the top favorites, but it's evident that a lot of girls are outperforming her lately.

CANADA
Nova Stevens
Image Image
Nova reminds me of an avant-garde version of Flaviana Matata (Miss Tanzania Universe 2007) who placed in the semifinals sporting a shaved head. As one of the most outspoken girls this year, she is seen as a threat, and her unconventional looks have been heavily judged by pageant critics. The great thing about her is that she is very straightforward, I like that she doesn't even back down when she is poorly treated on social media.

VIETNAM
Nguyễn Trần Khánh Vân
Image Image
Vietnam has definitely come a long way with how competitive their recent candidates have been at the Miss Universe pageant. Khánh Vân came out guns blazing with her sophisticated looks and styling. Since the finals will most likely be a showdown of presentation, Khánh Vân will surely be one of the girls who will take the spotlight in giving the best performance of the night.

JAMAICA
Miqueal-Symone Williams
Image Image
Miqueal is one of the silent killers in the pageant. She is just coursing through the whole competition with no one noticing that she's slowly climbing at the top spot. Her preliminary presentation is very regal. She exudes so much poise and her pasarela is very sleek. It will be a shock if she gets excluded in the semifinals.

USA
Asya Branch
Image Image
Asya definitely has one of the most captivating smiles. I love that it's not the usual calculated pageant smile or cackle or laugh (which Miss USA 2004 Shandi Finnessey popularizedin the 2000s) and that Asya just radiates with her smile effortlessly. The funny thing though is that Asya was once criticized for not taking the pageant seriously with her basic outfits and laid-back attitude, but this girl knows when to utilize her skills. She is just heating up and I'm sure she will unleash her best performance during the finals.

4th RUNNER-UP
NEPAL
Anshika Sharma
Image Image
Anshika is probably the biggest surprise of the preliminaries. I did not expect her to ace both rounds, she was giving everyone a run for their money. She has a statuesque physique and exudes so much fierceness. It is such a contrast from her personality in her video presentation where she sounds so meek and soft-spoken. She is definitely the dark horse in the competition.

3rd RUNNER-UP
MEXICO
Andrea Meza
Image Image
As the first runner-up of Miss World 2017, there is so much pressure to outperform Andrea's previous placement and that is the ultimate goal here. She has remained consistent in the competition and has proven that experience plays a huge factor in maintaining poise and consistency. It's going to be a tough battle for first place and I'm sure that Andrea is going to fight hard for the crown.

2nd RUNNER-UP
SOUTH AFRICA
Natasha Joubert
Image Image
In the past three editions of Miss Universe, South Africa settled for a final two finish, winning the crown twice and 1st runner-up in between; hence, the term "Sandwich Victory." What's noticeable is that the girls (Demi Tebow, Tamaryn Green and Zozibini Tunzi) did not look alike, nor were their styles and looks similar from each other. Natasha who will attempt a back-to-back is packaged uniquely. She is a voluptuous vixen who is also very much articulate and well-spoken. Another final two finish would be possible with Natasha as the candidate.

1st RUNNER-UP
THAILAND
Amanda Obdan
Image Image
Of Thailand's many placements in recent years, no candidate has gotten close to the Final Question. With this year's format, it seems like the top five will be answering the final question and from these five, the Miss Universe will be crowned. This puts Amanda in a very crucial spot, since she will have to ace this once and for all to be able to clinch the elusive third crown for Thailand. After seeing her preliminary performance, she is by far, the most prepared Asian delegate this year. During the preliminaries, she was so composed but she oozed with so much sex appeal. If her personality shines through in the final question, she will win Miss Universe.

MISS UNIVERSE
PUERTO RICO
Estefanía Soto
Image Image
Estefanía is obviously the most relaxed contestant this year. She does not seem to be competing, she just looks so effortless. I love that she is not trying to impress people in interviews and conversations. She is very spontaneous and she shows her candid self almost every time. I think this is what's missing from the candidates as of late since most of the girls have studied their way to clinching the crown and it's becoming so calculated and fake. Also, Estefanía's preliminary performance was so stellar that it reminded me of Cynthia Olavarría's (Miss Puerto Rico Universe 2005) top-calibre performance in Miss Universe 2005. If the stars align, Estefanía would definitely make a great Miss Universe.

poker_man
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 21 Jun 1985
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Doctor
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty pageants

Re: poker_man's Final Miss Universe 2020 Prediction

Postby dollwithahat » Sat May 15, 2021 7:34 pm

Just logged in to say it isn’t the first time two Miss Universes from the same country hosted preliminaries. Wendy Fitzwilliam and Janelle Comissiong cohosted prelims back in 1999
dollwithahat
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: s
Hobbies/Interests: stuff

Postby Ian Sebastin » Sat May 15, 2021 8:50 pm

You felt that Peru was too mature but you chose Puerto Rico as your winner? Puerto Rico is too mature looking. She is the oldest looking girl there and won’t win.

AGENT OF BEAUTY
Ian Sebastin
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Profession: Insurance
Hobbies/Interests: Traveling and Beauty

Postby goddessoxana27 » Sat May 15, 2021 10:31 pm

Ian Sebastin wrote:You felt that Peru was too mature but you chose Puerto Rico as your winner? Puerto Rico is too mature looking. She is the oldest looking girl there and won’t win.

Wow! Honey go to sleep...

Sleep deprivation leads to mental and health problems.

You might cause danger to any living creatures.

So go to sleep now... And may you rest in peace...

Troll Alert!!!
CREDITS TO THE OWNER OF THE POSTED ARTICLES, VIDEOS, AND PICTURES...

RESPECT, BEAUTY, HEALTHY, OBEDIENT, SMART and FRIENDLY, that's the essence of being a Goddess.
goddessoxana27
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: DyosaGandah
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1915
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: ----------------------------------
Hobbies/Interests: --------------------------
Message: Thank you for giving me a chance to become a member of this prestigious group.

Postby poker_man » Sun May 16, 2021 1:19 am

Ian Sebastin wrote:You felt that Peru was too mature but you chose Puerto Rico as your winner? Puerto Rico is too mature looking. She is the oldest looking girl there and won’t win.

Peru is beautiful but that Joker lipstick look is a big no-no. It destroyed her chances but she may still pull a surprise.

Puerto Rico may look older, that's because she is the oldest. Madison Anderson also looked older than most girls and yet she almost won Miss Universe.
poker_man

Postby MISS COSMOPOLITAN » Sun May 16, 2021 1:30 am

I agree, performance wise, Estefania is the best. Though I’m not a fan, I wouldn’t be surprised if she wins.

MU-Diaz, Moran, Wurtzbach, Gray
MW-Young
MI-Cruz, Pijuan, Marquez, Quigaman, Santiago, Verzosa
ME-Henry, Herrell, Ong, Ibasco
MS-Datul
MIC-Gallman, Obeñita
MISS COSMOPOLITAN
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Justine Cairo Larosa-Esquivel
Date of Birth: 16 Aug 1983
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Experto en concursos de belleza
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Concursos de Belleza

Postby Jaishee » Sun May 16, 2021 1:49 am

So refreshing to see Spain & Poland.
I really believe they could the surprise placers!
TEAM PHILIPPINES 2024
UNIVERSE: -
WORLD: GWEN FOURNIOL
EARTH: -
INTERNATIONAL: ANGELICA LOPEZ
SUPRANATIONAL: ALETHEA AMBROSIO
Jaishee
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jaishee
Date of Birth: 08 Mar 1998
Profession: Physiotherapy Graduate
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby Anne Steph » Sun May 16, 2021 5:43 am

poker_man wrote:
poker_man's FINAL MISS UNIVERSE 2020 PREDICTION

It's the first time in quite a while that I enjoyed watching the prelims. I really thought that it would be as lackluster and boring as last year's mess where the stage was so tiny and the girls were tripping and slipping everywhere. Remember they even had someone mop the floor on the spot? Looks like the Organization has learned from that and planned the prelims better this time around.

For those who didn't catch the whole thing, Demi Tebow and Zozi Tunzi hosted the prelims, I think it's the first time that two Miss Universe winners (coincidentally from the same country) did the presenting during the prelims and it was very refreshing.

Zozi was amazing, she was very warm and welcoming, showing support to all the girls equally, and she has the makings of a great host. Demi looked great but she struggled sometimes. Cheslie Kryst was introduced but she was a hot mess, I still prefer Jeannie Mai to be honest. It's going to be exciting come finals night because Paulina Vega is going to join the color commentary. It's nice to see her back in the pageant again. Former Miss Universe winners Brooke Lee aka "I will eat everything twice" is a judge and so is the polarizing Zuleyka Rivera aka "Miss Despacito".

I actually made time and created my pre-arrival list here. After watching the preliminaries, there were girls I loved that I felt gave weak performances and there were some surprises that made me change my mind at the last minute. Here is my final prediction.

BUBBLING UNDER

PERU
Janick Maceta Del Castillo
Image Image
Janick was one of my picks to win as soon during the pre-arrivals. She was stunning and she really exudes a warm personality. I am a bit disappointed with her preliminary presentation. I felt that she was too serious and mature looking. Her styling was so off, I just couldn't see her doing well unfortunately.

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
Kímberly Jiménez
Image Image
As much as I adored Kímberly's video presentation, I felt that she wasn't getting the spotlight as much as she could. She did amazing in the preliminary presentation, but I think that it wasn't enough to make her stand out among the strong batch of Latinas. Not to mention, she does this ice cold stare that doesn't seem to work.

SPAIN
Andrea Martínez
Image Image
Another one of those girls that I was rooting for was Andrea. I felt that she was so naturally charming, she reminded me so much of Sofía del Prado (Miss Spain Universe 2017) who was also an athlete. I'm not so sure if her preliminary performance can earn her a placement.

POLAND
Natalia Piguła
Image Image
Natalia came as a surprise to me in the preliminaries. She had a fluid presentation, and I didn't expect her to work the runway very well during both swimsuit and evening gown rounds. Her weak sash is definitely her downfall but I won't count her out.

CZECH REPUBLIC
Klára Vavrušková
Image Image
If this was the Trump era, there's no doubt that Klára would be a sure semifinalist. Just look at that gorgeous face! She doesn't even have to put on anything, she has that stage presence. Unfortunately, it will all boil down to the balance of the preliminary presentation and the closed-door interview and she may be one of those surprises come Sunday night.

TOP 21

ICELAND
Elísabet Hulda Snorradóttir
Image Image
I don't know if Elísabet's bubbly personality alone can push her further into the semifinals but she is really a breath of fresh air. She may not work the runway like a seasoned pageant veteran but her short hair and captivating smile definitely make her standout. I think it's safe to say that she is my sentimental favorite this year.

LAOS
Christina Lasasimma
Image Image
If I were to gamble for a first-time Asian placement this year, I'd go for Laos. Christina has one of the most stunning faces this year and that is her biggest strength. I just cannot ignore this girl's presence during the preliminaries. Put Thailand or Philippines sash on her and she's an automatic top five finalist. I really hope she rocks the semifinals and pulls a surprise.

BRAZIL
Julia Gama
Image Image
Brazil may not be making waves as much as they used to during the Trump years but that might as well be broken this year with Julia. She is an actress in China, and with that small camera time she had in the preliminaries, she did make sure to add a lot of spice and showmanship.

CURAÇAO
Chantal Wiertz
Image Image
I wasn't expecting much from Chantal to be honest. I was already expecting her to somewhat disappoint after the arrivals, which is the case for many frontrunners (with stunning profiles) but the preliminaries showed that she can hold a candle against the top favorites. She exuded so much class in the evening gown competition and she unleashed her Alessandra Ambrosio during the swimsuit segment. It would be a crime if she fails to advance to the semifinals.

DENMARK
Amanda Petri
Image Image
The confidence Amanda exudes when she works the runway is out of this world, you can tell how her dancing background really helped a lot in the way she carries herself. She is so confident and I really see so much potential in her. I know a lot of pageant experts are dismissing Europe this year but this girl is something special.

CAMEROON
Kossinda Angele
Image Image
Kossinda was nowhere to be found in my list during the pre-arrivals and I wasn't even paying much attention to her at all, to be honest. I only started to notice her during the National Costume Show, and then she finally exceeded my expectations during the preliminaries. She is starting to put in the work at the right time and it is definitely showing.

VENEZUELA
Mariángel Villasmil
Image Image
Venezuela is Venezuela and they have not yet lost touch in producing strong delegates. However, I'm still waiting for Mariángel to pull a Sthefany Gutiérrez (Miss Venezuela Universe 2018) and destroy all competition. I'm not a fan of her dated styling to be honest, and I don't know if her performance in the preliminaries can really increase her chances of winning the crown.

ROMANIA
Bianca Lorena Tirsin
Image Image
Hands down, Bianca is the fiercest European delegate to compete this year. I was not expecting her to perform well. I still don't know what the future holds for her in the competition since I have a tendency to overestimate strong performing candidates with weak sashes, and since IMG usually selects the same candidates every year, I am not expecting much. The camera really loves her though, her face is exquisite!

COLOMBIA
Laura Victoria Olascuaga
Image Image
Laura reminds me of Laura González (Miss Colombia Universe 2017) which may not be a good thing as I found last year's Miss Colombia Gabriela Tafur very similar to Paulina Vega (Miss Universe 2014) and it didn't help Gabriela the crown. As much as Colombia dominated during the previous decade I feel like Laura has to switch things up to make her stand out even more. I was surprised she opted for a different type of dress for the preliminaries, I was already predicting the usual Miss Colombia outfit that Paulina Vega, Laura González, Valeria Morales and Gabriela Tafur wore.

INDIA
Adline Castelino
Image Image
India has not won the crown since the year 2000 and pageant fanatics have claimed that the country is a "fallen powerhouse". I think Adline is one of the strongest Indian candidates in recent time and judging by her performance in the pageant so far, she seems to have that balance between being an eloquent speaker and a commercial model. If this was any ordinary year, India can just shoot up easily but with a strong set of Asians, Adline needs to work harder.

COSTA RICA
Ivonne Cerdas
Image Image
Sash factor is the name of the game in pageantry but in recent years, there have been surprises in the IMG era. Though Costa Rica has placed only five times since their participation in Miss Universe since 1954, I think Ivonne has a huge potential to add more placements to her country. She had an exceptional performance during the preliminaries and if she only had that strong sash, she would easily be up there with the heavyweights of this batch.

TOP 10

PHILIPPINES
Rabiya Mateo
Image Image
Rabiya has documented all her daily outfits leading to the finals, and with the intense fanfare over her every move, she somewhat had a breakdown on social media after the recent criticism on her national costume. I think her team should have handled things better, I don't think the pressure and exposure on social media are doing any candidate good. She still remains as part of the top favorites, but it's evident that a lot of girls are outperforming her lately.

CANADA
Nova Stevens
Image Image
Nova reminds me of an avant-garde version of Flaviana Matata (Miss Tanzania Universe 2007) who placed in the semifinals sporting a shaved head. As one of the most outspoken girls this year, she is seen as a threat, and her unconventional looks have been heavily judged by pageant critics. The great thing about her is that she is very straightforward, I like that she doesn't even back down when she is poorly treated on social media.

VIETNAM
Nguyễn Trần Khánh Vân
Image Image
Vietnam has definitely come a long way with how competitive their recent candidates have been at the Miss Universe pageant. Khánh Vân came out guns blazing with her sophisticated looks and styling. Since the finals will most likely be a showdown of presentation, Khánh Vân will surely be one of the girls who will take the spotlight in giving the best performance of the night.

JAMAICA
Miqueal-Symone Williams
Image Image
Miqueal is one of the silent killers in the pageant. She is just coursing through the whole competition with no one noticing that she's slowly climbing at the top spot. Her preliminary presentation is very regal. She exudes so much poise and her pasarela is very sleek. It will be a shock if she gets excluded in the semifinals.

USA
Asya Branch
Image Image
Asya definitely has one of the most captivating smiles. I love that it's not the usual calculated pageant smile or cackle or laugh (which Miss USA 2004 Shandi Finnessey popularizedin the 2000s) and that Asya just radiates with her smile effortlessly. The funny thing though is that Asya was once criticized for not taking the pageant seriously with her basic outfits and laid-back attitude, but this girl knows when to utilize her skills. She is just heating up and I'm sure she will unleash her best performance during the finals.

4th RUNNER-UP
NEPAL
Anshika Sharma
Image Image
Anshika is probably the biggest surprise of the preliminaries. I did not expect her to ace both rounds, she was giving everyone a run for their money. She has a statuesque physique and exudes so much fierceness. It is such a contrast from her personality in her video presentation where she sounds so meek and soft-spoken. She is definitely the dark horse in the competition.

3rd RUNNER-UP
MEXICO
Andrea Meza
Image Image
As the first runner-up of Miss World 2017, there is so much pressure to outperform Andrea's previous placement and that is the ultimate goal here. She has remained consistent in the competition and has proven that experience plays a huge factor in maintaining poise and consistency. It's going to be a tough battle for first place and I'm sure that Andrea is going to fight hard for the crown.

2nd RUNNER-UP
SOUTH AFRICA
Natasha Joubert
Image Image
In the past three editions of Miss Universe, South Africa settled for a final two finish, winning the crown twice and 1st runner-up in between; hence, the term "Sandwich Victory." What's noticeable is that the girls (Demi Tebow, Tamaryn Green and Zozibini Tunzi) did not look alike, nor were their styles and looks similar from each other. Natasha who will attempt a back-to-back is packaged uniquely. She is a voluptuous vixen who is also very much articulate and well-spoken. Another final two finish would be possible with Natasha as the candidate.

1st RUNNER-UP
THAILAND
Amanda Obdan
Image Image
Of Thailand's many placements in recent years, no candidate has gotten close to the Final Question. With this year's format, it seems like the top five will be answering the final question and from these five, the Miss Universe will be crowned. This puts Amanda in a very crucial spot, since she will have to ace this once and for all to be able to clinch the elusive third crown for Thailand. After seeing her preliminary performance, she is by far, the most prepared Asian delegate this year. During the preliminaries, she was so composed but she oozed with so much sex appeal. If her personality shines through in the final question, she will win Miss Universe.

MISS UNIVERSE
PUERTO RICO
Estefanía Soto
Image Image
Estefanía is obviously the most relaxed contestant this year. She does not seem to be competing, she just looks so effortless. I love that she is not trying to impress people in interviews and conversations. She is very spontaneous and she shows her candid self almost every time. I think this is what's missing from the candidates as of late since most of the girls have studied their way to clinching the crown and it's becoming so calculated and fake. Also, Estefanía's preliminary performance was so stellar that it reminded me of Cynthia Olavarría's (Miss Puerto Rico Universe 2005) top-calibre performance in Miss Universe 2005. If the stars align, Estefanía would definitely make a great Miss Universe.

Awesome choice.

THIS IS ANNE STEPH CHOICE
MISS UNIVERSE 2020 SEMI FINAL
1 Australia
2 Brazil
3 Colombia
4 Curacao
5 Denmark
6 Finland
7 Indonesia
8 Ireland
9 Jamaica
10 Korea
11 Mexico
12 Nicaragua
13 Philippines
14 Puerto Rico
15 Romania
16 Russia
17 South Africa
18 Thailand
19 USA
20 Venezuela
21 Vietnam

CLOSE SHOTS
Argentina, Armenia, Bolivia, Chile, Croatia, Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, France, India, Laos, Malaysia, Nepal, Panama, Peru, and Portugal.
MISS UNIVERSE 2020.
1. Australia
2. Colombia
3. Curacao
4. Mexico
5. Philippines
6. Puerto Rico
7. Romania
8. Russia
9. Thailand
10 Venezuela
BEST OF LUCK
Anne Steph
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: GIGI
Date of Birth: 17 Sep 1968
Profession: Accounts Executive
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Travelling, Singing, Listening Music, Bowling

Postby MOCHA » Sun May 16, 2021 6:31 pm

I find you very cuntie. >:) reminds me of a young ferocia like me.

I want Costa Rica to make it and go far.
MOCHA
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.

Profession: Beauty Expert
Hobbies/Interests: Motherhood

Postby manoypoe » Sun May 16, 2021 10:37 pm

Jaishee wrote:
So refreshing to see Spain & Poland.
I really believe they could the surprise placers!

Love your profile pic. Oh sorry, I adore Klara. She is one of the most beautiful queens I have seen in my entire life. It seems to me that she is very nice and with no mean bone in her. Hope that the judges will notice her divine beauty and genuine sweetness. Win or lose, I am still her biggest fan.
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby poker_man » Mon May 17, 2021 3:04 am

I underestimated Peru and Dominican Republic. I really thought Peru had it in the bag. She oozed with so much personality.

Andrea was 1st runner up at Miss World and is now the newly-crowned Miss Universe. Strongest pageant credentials ever!
poker_man

Return to Miss Universe