BELIZE WINS MISS EARTH 2021!

Re: BELIZE WINS MISS EARTH 2021!

Postby Binibining ZOZI » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:29 am

allen_dog wrote:
CamAngel123 wrote:
filipinoako28 wrote:
Busyboy wrote:
The Duchess wrote:I will say that while I don't understand like 3 placements there and the exclusion of my candidate who is the most enviromentally-concious rep we have sent, I am very happy with the Top 8, Top 4 and eventual winner.

I personally understand you. As I have said while the final is ongoing, 2 slots for Africa is enough. Americas should have at least 5-6 slots, excluding the winner of the social media engagements. But I also understand MEO’s stand to distibute the semifinals evenly with the continents. I just hope that the winner of social media was made the 21st semifinalist to celebrate 21 years of ME.

Those who were included in the Americas are all strong and I think Puerto Rico could have been the 5th one.

I can see where Carousel is coming from. You can look at it from the viewpoint of EQUITY instead of EQUALITY.

EQUALITY is very objective. Applied to Miss Earth, it’s whatever type of beauty or skin color you have, no matter the continent you came from, if you top the list after scoring high in Figure and Form, Beauty of Face & Poise, Environmental Awareness plus overall Personality, attitude, you get to place.

EQUITY however is EQUALITY PLUS SOCIAL JUSTICE. Too woke? Hear me out. EQUITY applied to Miss Earth is making sure that REPRESENTATION is made accessible to those who may not have access, in this case, to a dedicated team of mentors, enhancements (surgeries, dental work), pasarela training, stylists, topnotch wardrobe. It is bumping them upwards because if left to just putting everyone on equal footing, they will surely be left behind. How many times do we say that a girl placed:
1. Oh, she is not that beautiful but she has exemplary styling. Therefore, she made the cut
2. She may not have given the best Q&A performance but she was the best overall because she has a killer pasarela.

You may or you may not like it but I feel like this is the concept behind the increased number of slots for Africa (before it was pro rated but if they do that, there can only be about 1 to 2 slots. And consider this, amongst all the continents, Africa needs the most help in facing the Climate Crisis. The COLONIZERS pillaged and harassed their natural resources and now they are left with problems created by greed that didn’t even benefit them.

That was too long. Do I agree with the selection system? Not entirely. But I do get it.

I understand all your opinions regarding this matter. I also agree with Busyboy that 2 slots would have been enough for Africa but I also understand Miss Earth's decision to do a continental selection system.

However, I think that the best way that we can be fair to all continents involved is to do a semi-continental selection system, wherein half of the semifinalists will come from the Top 10 best scorers, and the other 10 will be distributed in a weighted continental manner. This would have lessened the shock value.

I think it did work for this year because PR is the only one I could think of who they could have included as a semifinalist. If the semi-continental selection system was used, I doubt if Belgium, Indonesia, and Botswana would have placed.

Guys I do believe that we all have the right to freedom of expression. However the only thing that we should do now is to accept and respect the decision of the judges, understand that the selection of the top20 is a "Management Prerogative" and move on and look forward to another year of Miss Earth. Let's just give and show our support to the reigning queens of 2021 and hoping that nextyear will no longer be virtual. :-* :-* :-*

BOTSWANA,GHANA, NIGERIA OVER PUERTO RICO, CUBA,BOLIVIA,PANAMA WITH GLOSSY AND WELL STRUCTURED PRESENTATIONS????

Binibining ZOZI
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: princess
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2000
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: cabin crew
Hobbies/Interests: travelling, pageantry

Postby Binibining ZOZI » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:34 am

filipinoako28 wrote:

This is the beauty of the Miss EARTH elemental court system. There really are girls who are targeting one of the elemental crowns either because they feel like it is the crown wherein they can carry the load of its duties (specially European girls. They are realists and objective in what they can or cannot deliver on) OR it has a deeper meaning for them.

It feels like from the very start, Netherlands wanted the fire crown. Maybe because it has a personal meaning for her. OR she stans the last two winners which were both European (ME Fire 2019 from Belarus & 2020 from Denmark)

I’m not sure if she was really being authentic (well I think she is. She seems like a no BS kind of girl) but post coronation interview, ME fire 2019 said that the fire element was her target crown which explains the color and design of her finals gown.

So I hope Carousel continues the tradition of giving activities to all the elemental queens as well. It is a very unique concept to Miss Earth.

I CAN SEE HER IN MISS UNIVERSE REPRESENTING NETHERLANDS IN THE FUTURE, SHE IS ALMOST A COMPLETE PACKAGE BUT OF COURSE THE HEIGHT
Binibining ZOZI

Postby KMAIr » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:37 am

Can we have James Deakin as the official Miss Earth host for like, forever?
Good Job James! Nailed it! Didn’t expect much from this edition but I was pleasantly surprised!
It was so enjoyable to watch! I was so excited throughout the virtual competition!

And the girls were ALL so intelligent! That was a phenomenal TOP 8. :hx ANYONE would have been a worthy winner.
And Belize! Of course! She was charming and well-spoken. Very charismatic!
Loved USA and the rest of the elemental court too!

One minor gripe though - Karen Ibasco, gurl, you had your chance. Don’t need to steal the ladies’ thunder especially when you’re NOT A contestant. Ugh. It came accross as rehearsed and cringe-worthy. I don’t know if it was suggested by the organizers themselves but it was ridiculous. Stick to your hosting duties and refrain from being a show-off!
Last edited by KMAIr on Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
KMAIr

Date of Birth: 22 May 1980
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Entrepreneur
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby Lord Marie_Juana » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:42 am

I understand your frustrations why some African delegates placed over competitive girls like Puerto Rico, Cuba, Panama, Spain, etc.. But the way the selection was done, the girls were trimmed per continent. Even if the the girls that I mentioned scored higher than Botswana, Ghana or Indonesia, their scores were compared to the scores of the girls from their continent and not with the African girls. That’s the purpose of the continental selection. They are ranked per continent! I know this is a bit unfair but I think it would also be unfair if half of the top 20 were latinas and none from Aftica has placed! I think the Miss Earth wants to promote diversity and they want to manifest that through their selection process. Making sure that each continent are represented in the top 20. Otherwise, we will be seeing african blackouts every year. Imagine the backlash!! =b =b
Lord Marie_Juana
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 09 Mar 1986
Profession: engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: singing, dancing

Postby Binibining ZOZI » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:24 am

IM GLAD THE ETHEREAL BEAUTY OF MISS RUSSIA WAS NOT IGNORED IN MISS EARTH 2021 !!!! OMG ! SHE EVEN PLACED TOP 8 CONSIDERING HER POOR PRESENTATION AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS. RUSSIA GOT ALREADY A CANDIDATE FOR 2022 ,,,SHE IS SUPER BEAUTY AS WELL, YOUNG, FRESH, AND MORE ON A SEXY SIDE. HOPING THE ORGANISATION WILL TRAIN HER IN TERMS OF ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES WHICH THEIR CANDIDATES ALWAYS MISSING...
Binibining ZOZI

Postby LonFlores » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:40 am

KMAIr wrote:Can we have James Deakin as the official Miss Earth host for like, forever?
Good Job James! Nailed it! Didn’t expect much from this edition but I was pleasantly surprised!
It was so enjoyable to watch! I was so excited throughout the virtual competition!

And the girls were ALL so intelligent! That was a phenomenal TOP 8. :hx ANYONE would have been a worthy winner.
And Belize! Of course! She was charming and well-spoken. Very charismatic!
Loved USA and the rest of the elemental court too!

One minor gripe though - Karen Ibasco, gurl, you had your chance. Don’t need to steal the ladies’ thunder especially when you’re NOT A contestant. Ugh. It came accross as rehearsed and cringe-worthy. I don’t know if it was suggested by the organizers themselves but it was ridiculous. Stick to your hosting duties and refrain from being a show-off!

Same observation.
LonFlores
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Lon Flores
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1990
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Artist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing

Postby ajsy0203 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:35 pm

KMAIr wrote:One minor gripe though - Karen Ibasco, gurl, you had your chance. Don’t need to steal the ladies’ thunder especially when you’re NOT A contestant. Ugh. It came accross as rehearsed and cringe-worthy. I don’t know if it was suggested by the organizers themselves but it was ridiculous. Stick to your hosting duties and refrain from being a show-off!

Once again, she is proving to her bashers wrong when she expounded that Intellect statement. Bringing back the memories when she won the crown in 2017.
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby divine_nymph » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:28 pm

Lord Marie_Juana wrote:I understand your frustrations why some African delegates placed over competitive girls like Puerto Rico, Cuba, Panama, Spain, etc.. But the way the selection was done, the girls were trimmed per continent. Even if the the girls that I mentioned scored higher than Botswana, Ghana or Indonesia, their scores were compared to the scores of the girls from their continent and not with the African girls. That’s the purpose of the continental selection. They are ranked per continent! I know this is a bit unfair but I think it would also be unfair if half of the top 20 were latinas and none from Aftica has placed! I think the Miss Earth wants to promote diversity and they want to manifest that through their selection process. Making sure that each continent are represented in the top 20. Otherwise, we will be seeing african blackouts every year. Imagine the backlash!! =b =b

Why not make a TOP 25 SEMIFINALISTS? 8-> 8-> 8->
divine_nymph
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Scott Donahue
Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1980
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: engineer and scientist
Hobbies/Interests: winter sports like luge, bobsled
Message: Hi there I want to make friends and learn something new

Postby manoypoe » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:44 pm

divine_nymph wrote:
Lord Marie_Juana wrote:I understand your frustrations why some African delegates placed over competitive girls like Puerto Rico, Cuba, Panama, Spain, etc.. But the way the selection was done, the girls were trimmed per continent. Even if the the girls that I mentioned scored higher than Botswana, Ghana or Indonesia, their scores were compared to the scores of the girls from their continent and not with the African girls. That’s the purpose of the continental selection. They are ranked per continent! I know this is a bit unfair but I think it would also be unfair if half of the top 20 were latinas and none from Aftica has placed! I think the Miss Earth wants to promote diversity and they want to manifest that through their selection process. Making sure that each continent are represented in the top 20. Otherwise, we will be seeing african blackouts every year. Imagine the backlash!! =b =b

Why not make a TOP 25 SEMIFINALISTS? 8-> 8-> 8->

I was typing the same but I was not able to submit. Top25 is the only solution to avoid deserving delegate to be left out.

Btw, Miss Earth just elevated the Sovereign among pageant vloggers. Her inclusion in this year's panel of judges is just a start. Last year, suggested to make her one of the judges on live pageant. Hopefully, there will be more judging.stint for her in Miss Earth.
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby manoypoe » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:45 pm

manoypoe

Postby Handsama » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:21 pm

Beware of underestimating the African delegates of Miss Earth. They may not have the best video presentations due to limited budgets but these women walk the talk and usually excel in the intelligence and environmental interviews and we all know the scores given from this segment make up a huge chunk of the overall scores.
Handsama

Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Profession: Secret
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Postby Handsama » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:28 pm

ajsy0203 wrote:
KMAIr wrote:One minor gripe though - Karen Ibasco, gurl, you had your chance. Don’t need to steal the ladies’ thunder especially when you’re NOT A contestant. Ugh. It came accross as rehearsed and cringe-worthy. I don’t know if it was suggested by the organizers themselves but it was ridiculous. Stick to your hosting duties and refrain from being a show-off!

Once again, she is proving to her bashers wrong when she expounded that Intellect statement. Bringing back the memories when she won the crown in 2017.

I didn’t think she stole the thunder from the top 8 as everyone gave really good answers while under tremendous pressure.

I consider her one of the most polarizing winners of Miss Earth and some fans continue to bash her on social media. But when delegates are asked who they admire most amongst the past Earth Queens, her name almost always comes up.

So I’m glad she had the chance to prove to everyone once again why she deserved to win. And she looked great BTW. :=p
Handsama

Postby Handsama » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:31 pm

So who wants to volunteer to start the Miss Earth 2022 thread? Two requirements - come up with a nice thread and help us update it….meaning don’t disappear. :%))
Handsama

Postby fermnedoza » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:59 pm

A homecoming for our Queen is now being prepared I. Belize.

Oh, ICYDK, one of the women who oversee Miss Earth Belize Org. as co- National Director is none other than their very first international pageant placer Sarita Acosta
fermnedoza
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: fernan
Date of Birth: 19 Sep 1975
Profession: sales representative
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: reading books and browsing the internet.
Message: thanks for offering us a site where we could share ideas and share our passion for beauty pageants.

Postby manoypoe » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:38 am

The beautiful @destinyewagner wearing one of our dramatic hats✨

Belize has never won one of the top 5 international pageants. On November 21, Belize made history! There are no words to express the excitement we shared when your name was called! @destinyewagner your smile won the world’s heart! We love you!

#proudbelizeans #weareproudofyou #missearth #missearth2021 #starbabe

manoypoe

Postby jamesmarx » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:54 am

manoypoe wrote:

Really? andrei Sleigh of Miss Supranational said that?
jamesmarx
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: James
Date of Birth: 28 Sep 1989
Profession: Cabin Crew
Hobbies/Interests: Swimming , Jogging , travelling

Postby filipinoako28 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:08 am

jamesmarx wrote:
manoypoe wrote:

Same reaction. Insert SHOCKED PIKACHU FACE
filipinoako28

Date of Birth: 09 Mar 1983
Profession: Financial analyst
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing the net

Postby jamesmarx » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:10 am

filipinoako28 wrote:
jamesmarx wrote:
manoypoe wrote:

Same reaction. Insert SHOCKED PIKACHU FACE

I checked his IG and it is legit! Hahaha... Is Miss Supra now becoming friendly with Miss Earth?
jamesmarx

Real Life Name/Nick: James
Date of Birth: 28 Sep 1989
Profession: Cabin Crew
Hobbies/Interests: Swimming , Jogging , travelling

Postby laruuuh » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:33 am

Handsama wrote:So who wants to volunteer to start the Miss Earth 2022 thread? Two requirements - come up with a nice thread and help us update it….meaning don’t disappear. :%))

I laughed when I read the requirements. It should definitely not be me. :%)) I have the tendency to disappear every now and then but will always support Miss Earth. Also, since my time as a lurker, I think it has been a tradition that you start ME threads. I think that tradition should continue. :hx
laruuuh

Date of Birth: 28 Sep 1993
Profession: Business Planner
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster

Postby manoypoe » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:28 am

laruuuh wrote:
Handsama wrote:So who wants to volunteer to start the Miss Earth 2022 thread? Two requirements - come up with a nice thread and help us update it….meaning don’t disappear. :%))

I laughed when I read the requirements. It should definitely not be me. :%)) I have the tendency to disappear every now and then but will always support Miss Earth. Also, since my time as a lurker, I think it has been a tradition that you start ME threads. I think that tradition should continue. :hx

It must be one of the most active Earthlings.Gee or Neon.
manoypoe

Postby Geeyourhair » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:37 am

manoypoe wrote:
laruuuh wrote:

I'll give the floor to Neon then. Although I'm just here and will definitely not disappear...I really don't know how to come up with a "nice" thread. Not really good at computer things. I can only post messages and reply to messages but other than that...I am really just an ordinary poster.
Geeyourhair
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1995
Profession: Professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: social media

Postby ajsy0203 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:40 pm

ajsy0203

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Profession: Office Staff
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby ne0n » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:59 pm

Geeyourhair wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
laruuuh wrote:

I'll give the floor to Neon then. Although I'm just here and will definitely not disappear...I really don't know how to come up with a "nice" thread. Not really good at computer things. I can only post messages and reply to messages but other than that...I am really just an ordinary poster.

Thanks guys, I'd be happy to start the Official ME 2022 thread, will start with the graphics soon and and can launch it by Friday. I think we have five queens already, right?
ne0n
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: ne0n
Date of Birth: 04 Apr 2010
Profession: Medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries

Postby Handsama » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:18 pm

ne0n wrote:
Geeyourhair wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
laruuuh wrote:

Thanks guys, I'd be happy to start the Official ME 2022 thread, will start with the graphics soon and and can launch it by Friday. I think we have five queens already, right?

Thanks for agreeing to create the thread, neon. This early, we have delegates from Canada, Mexico, Venezuela, DR, Greece, Kazakhstan, and Russia.

Miss Malta has also crowned its winners but they haven’t confirmed their participation yet in Miss Earth 2022. Their main winner is supposed to go to Miss Earth.

Ongoing national pageants include Miss Exclusive (Belgium), Miss Earth PR, and Miss Earth USA.

Handsama

Postby ne0n » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:42 pm

Handsama wrote:
ne0n wrote:
Geeyourhair wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
laruuuh wrote:

Thanks for agreeing to create the thread, neon. This early, we have delegates from Canada, Mexico, Venezuela, DR, Greece, and Russia.

Miss Malta has also crowned its winners but they haven’t confirmed their participation yet in Miss Earth 2022. Their main winner is supposed to go to Miss Earth.

Ongoing national pageants include Miss Exclusive (Belgium), Miss Earth PR, and Miss Earth USA.

Great! Looking forward to another year with the Earthlings. It's heartwarming that the queens greatly appreciate the fans - saw an interview clip of Marisa saying she received so much love and support in her Miss Earth journey, much more than the other pageants she join. :hx
ne0n

Real Life Name/Nick: ne0n
Date of Birth: 04 Apr 2010
Profession: Medical

Postby manoypoe » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:41 am

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:54 am

What a mesmerizing beauty!

manoypoe

Postby sleuth08 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:15 am

Handsama wrote:
ne0n wrote:
Geeyourhair wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
laruuuh wrote:

Thanks for agreeing to create the thread, neon. This early, we have delegates from Canada, Mexico, Venezuela, DR, Greece, Kazakhstan, and Russia.

CUBA AND SPAIN IN THEIR IG STORIES ARE ALSO NOW LOOKING FOR THEIR 2022 EARTH QUEENS
sleuth08

Date of Birth: 10 Dec 1977
Profession: airline load controller
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: DESTROYING MISS EARTH HATERS

Postby radagasdas » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:50 am

ne0n wrote:
Handsama wrote:
ne0n wrote:
Geeyourhair wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
laruuuh wrote:

Thanks for agreeing to create the thread, neon. This early, we have delegates from Canada, Mexico, Venezuela, DR, Greece, and Russia.

Great! Looking forward to another year with the Earthlings. It's heartwarming that the queens greatly appreciate the fans - saw an interview clip of Marisa saying she received so much love and support in her Miss Earth journey, much more than the other pageants she join. :hx

hope to see another Earth Queen to be crown soon and to fulfill her country's elevation to the Elite Status of the BIG FOUR INTERNATIONAL PAGEANTS. Only 5 nations completed the status. Praying for The Netherlands, Greece, Finland, Germany, Spain, Mexico, France, Argentina and Australia vying for their 1st Miss Earth crown and to become an Elite Members of the BIG FOUR INTERNATIONAL PAGEANTS. Wish they crown the right girls in their national pageants. [-O<
radagasdas

Real Life Name/Nick: Joey
Date of Birth: 29 Mar 1976
Profession: Administrative Aide VI
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: bowling, marathon, badminton

Postby manoypoe » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:47 pm

manoypoe

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Earth