Fake News vs Madam Lorraine

Fake News vs Madam Lorraine

Postby ajsy0203 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:11 am

Here is the winning answer of Miss Earth 2020 winner Lindsey Coffey:
There have been many conspiracy theories going on. It is very difficult and hard to decipher what to believe and what not to believe. But this is why it's crucial to look really into your sources, try to find reputable sources that you can actually trust, and look up multiple articles so you can find the common answer and really figure out on your own what really sounds like what is the truth out there.

As the pageant fans are still pushing Carousel Productions for a live pageant despite the record breaking number of COVID-19 cases in the Philippines. Someone went to far already by posting fake news on Madam Lorraine's death or being a COVID-19 victim just to convince Carousel to hold a live pageant.

Do you think the pageant fans were went too far already and pushing over the edge that they are using fake news just to give their demands?

ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Re: Fake News vs Madam Lorraine

Postby Stoichio » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:18 pm

‘POSSITIVE’ pa talaga ang spelling?
Halatang gawain ng di marunong sa English language na mga shupits o kaya mga fake news enabler at mapanggulo sa lipunan dahil DDS si Lorraine =D> 8-} 8-} 8-} :D/ :D/ :D/ :%)) :%)) :%))
Stoichio
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping

Postby Prozac » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:22 pm

Yes, the fans have gone far. This is gruesome similar to watching macabre horror films.

If I were Lorraine this needs to be reported and investigated, We need to expose the person, or else he will do it
again like some serial rapist wreaking havoc in a community. We need draconian measures as a deterrent to fake
news peddlers and exposing them on social media is one of them.

Let's give them a dose of their own medicine.

If you notice how they butchered the word Positive, we can start looking at the friendly facade of our neighbors.
Prozac
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Butch
Date of Birth: 16 Mar 2016
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Hospital Worker
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: bully buster, fake news antidote
Message: If you see bizarre behaviors in you, seek professional help.

Postby vinusya » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:43 pm

How is the hybrid pageant? There is a live then also virtual?
If everyone can be a beauty queen, what is hardwork?
Maybe there is no hardwork, only surgeries ?
vinusya
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS are creative minds & beautifiers of the forum.

Real Life Name/Nick: Nawatt
Date of Birth: 11 Aug 1994
Profession: Red Haired Model
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Hobbies/Interests: Net Surfing
Message: A queen shouldn't be lazy going to the gym, caring, reading and learning.

Postby bbmack1521444 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:34 pm

Who Cares with Loraine Shocked if she Live or Die? She mean nothing to the World or through Society, such a waste of Time =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;))
bbmack1521444
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: val
Date of Birth: 14 Feb 1980
Profession: sales executive
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: masterbating

Postby Stoichio » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:45 pm

Prozac wrote:Yes, the fans have gone far. This is gruesome similar to watching macabre horror films.

If I were Lorraine this needs to be reported and investigated, We need to expose the person, or else he will do it
again like some serial rapist wreaking havoc in a community. We need draconian measures as a deterrent to fake
news peddlers and exposing them on social media is one of them.

Let's give them a dose of their own medicine.

If you notice how they butchered the word Positive, we can start looking at the friendly facade of our neighbors.

She simply doesn’t care about her pageant’s reputation, nor her reputation. TRUTH!
Stoichio

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping

Postby Handsama » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:38 pm

It’s really sad when Miss Earth’s FB account has to issue a statement against this fake news.

But what’s worst are some of the hateful comments towards Miss Lorraine that followed. I was like someone just made fake news that the woman died. I’m really sorry for this younger generation of pageant fans. These people have no filter whatsoever. Whatever happened to good manners. [-(
Handsama
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Profession: Secret
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Postby esperasave » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:45 pm

bbmack1521444 wrote:Who Cares with Loraine Shocked if she Live or Die? She mean nothing to the World or through Society, such a waste of Time =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;))

No one cares about her but she cares for Mother Earth and it's environmental issues. She doesn't need to validate as to how many she gained supporters but she will do her job herself for the environment and it's people of the world rather earth.
esperasave

Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Profession: medical
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

Postby chellomellow » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:22 pm

Handsama wrote:It’s really sad when Miss Earth’s FB account has to issue a statement against this fake news.

But what’s worst are some of the hateful comments towards Miss Lorraine that followed. I was like someone just made fake news that the woman died. I’m really sorry for this younger generation of pageant fans. These people have no filter whatsoever. Whatever happened to good manners. [-(

Dude! The younger generation of fans think they know everything lmao They create a lot of Instagram fan pages =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;))
But Lorraine should have resigned since the Russian Bribe scandal... As someone mentioned, she doesn't care about the organisation or her reputation...
─▀██▀▄███▄─ ▀██─██▀██▀▀▀█─
──██─███─███─██─██─██▄█──
──██─▀██▄██▀─▀█▄█▀─██▀█──
─▄██▄▄█▀▀▀─────▀──▄██▄▄▄█

[youtube]1rmr_z5bWgo[/youtube]

TEAM TYA JANE
chellomellow
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Date of Birth: 16 Dec 2008
Profession: I am an Angel sent from heaven ❤
Hobbies/Interests: Dancing, Reading, Music, Drawing, Anime, Piano

Postby Handsama » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:58 pm

chellomellow wrote:
Handsama wrote:It’s really sad when Miss Earth’s FB account has to issue a statement against this fake news.

Dude! The younger generation of fans think they know everything lmao They create a lot of Instagram fan pages =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;))
But Lorraine should have resigned since the Russian Bribe scandal... As someone mentioned, she doesn't care about the organisation or her reputation...

Says who? Some anonymous online pageant fan who’s likely to be miserable with his/her own life…someone who pretends he/she knows better running a large business? As if. Gimme a break! :%))

I betcha the same fans who are calling for her resignation would be the first to bash her if the delegates come down with Covid during a live pageant. These fans will never be satisfied. :-j

And if you’re gonna ask Lorraine to resign just because of a virtual pageant, then why not ask Julia to do the same thing after canceling her pageant last year. And what about MI? Twice in a row. And if you’re talking about scandals, then Julia should have resigned along time ago. :%))
Handsama

Postby manoypoe » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:05 pm

Handsama wrote:
chellomellow wrote:

Says who? Some anonymous online pageant fan who’s likely to be miserable with his/her own life…someone who pretends he/she knows better running a large business? As if. Gimme a break! :%))

I betcha the same fans who are calling for her resignation would be the first to bash her if the delegates come down with Covid during a live pageant. These fans will never be satisfied. :-j

And if you’re gonna ask Lorraine to resign just because of a virtual pageant, then why not ask Julia to do the same thing after canceling her pageant last year. And what about MI? Twice in a row. And if you’re talking about scandals, then Julia should have resigned along time ago. :%))

That I don't understand with non-believers or those who don't really follow Miss Earth. They have a very stringent requirements for Miss Earth but not with other pageants. Miss Earth has to pass through the needle in order for them to appreciate the innovations Miss Earth has introduced to pageantry which other pageants are now emulating.
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby Handsama » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:41 pm

manoypoe wrote:
Handsama wrote:
chellomellow wrote:
Handsama wrote:

That I don't understand with non-believers or those who don't really follow Miss Earth. They have a very stringent requirements for Miss Earth but not with other pageants. Miss Earth has to pass through the needle in order for them to appreciate the innovations Miss Earth has introduced to pageantry which other pageants are now emulating.

While we’re on this topic manoypoe…I’m gonna be brutally honest. I kinda envy the followings of other pageants. Their fans never dwell on the failings and weaknesses of their favored pageants. Meanwhile, with Miss Earth, every little thing is blown out of proportion. And that’s because the majority of those who follow the pageant are Filipinos many of whom feel so entitled that they think they know better. Having Filipino followers is like having a double edged sword… these fans can be fiercely loyal and devoted but they can also be too demanding and difficult to please. If you don’t give them what they want, they resort to online bashing and cyberbullying and you’ll never hear the end of it. So can we blame Lorraine for being cautious? If I work for Carousel, I’d be be careful too with taking risks especially in this pandemic. Better disappoint fans with a virtual pageant than face all the risks associated with a live pageant. At least she doesn’t get bashed for ignoring the health of the women. And she doesn’t end up getting seriously sick like what happened to Nawat who was lucky enough to survive.
Handsama

Postby manoypoe » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:08 pm

Handsama wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
Handsama wrote:
chellomellow wrote:
Handsama wrote:

While we’re on this topic manoypoe…I’m gonna be brutally honest. I kinda envy the followings of other pageants. Their fans never dwell on the failings and weaknesses of their favored pageants. Meanwhile, with Miss Earth, every little thing is blown out of proportion. And that’s because the majority of those who follow the pageant are Filipinos many of whom feel so entitled that they think they know better. Having Filipino followers is like having a double edged sword… these fans can be fiercely loyal and devoted but they can also be too demanding and difficult to please. If you don’t give them what they want, they resort to online bashing and cyberbullying and you’ll never hear the end of it. So can we blame Lorraine for being cautious? If I work for Carousel, I’d be be careful too with taking risks especially in this pandemic. Better disappoint fans with a virtual pageant than face all the risks associated with a live pageant. At least she doesn’t get bashed for ignoring the health of the women. And she doesn’t end up getting seriously sick like what happened to Nawat who was lucky enough to survive.

Truth be told, if Miss Earth is not Filipino owned, it would have not been scrutinized and maligned as it is now. Despite all the good and positive things it is offering to pageantry, it is under appreciated by fans though praised by majority of the delegates, year after year.
Last edited by manoypoe on Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manoypoe

Postby beautywatchnyc » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:50 am

Handsama wrote:
chellomellow wrote:

Burn the hater, Handsama. I know which side of the spectrum he's coming from. Cockroach craves the attention but he went in the wrong place. I can smell the stink even from a distance. Clap, clap, clap!
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy

Postby ajsy0203 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:46 am

Handsama wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
Handsama wrote:
chellomellow wrote:
Handsama wrote:

Miss Gwand Thailand 2021 was cancelled primarily because of one of their provincial pageant's gross negligence on COVID protocols that infected lots of girls and several people associated with the provincial pageant.

Miss World Philippines was postponed again for the nth time with just 3 month before the Miss World 2021 finals. Miss Universe Philippines failed to secure the pageant finals venue in Pangasinan and rerouted to Pampanga.
ajsy0203

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Profession: Office Staff
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby batobato » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:56 am

Handsama wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
Handsama wrote:
chellomellow wrote:
Handsama wrote:

I kinda envy the followings of other pageants. Their fans never dwell on the failings and weaknesses of their favored pageants. Meanwhile, with Miss Earth, every little thing is blown out of proportion. And that’s because the majority of those who follow the pageant are Filipinos many of whom feel so entitled that they think they know better.

Emphasis on this
And that’s because the majority of those who follow the pageant are Filipinos many of whom feel so entitled that they think they know better.

A mere spectator asking a lot from an organization who did not ask anything from them
batobato
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 05 Mar 1989
Profession: .....
Hobbies/Interests: .....

Postby ne0n » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:06 pm

chellomellow wrote:

She does care but I think she has her own ways of running the pageant, and tbh it's a little bit old school. She needs to evolve with the times, the way Madam Stella seem to let new blood run Bb. Pilipinas now (to think Madam Stella was more villainize before).
ne0n
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: ne0n
Date of Birth: 04 Apr 2010
Profession: Medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby manoypoe » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:58 pm

ne0n wrote:
chellomellow wrote:

She does care but I think she has her own ways of running the pageant, and tbh it's a little bit old school. She needs to evolve with the times, the way Madam Stella seem to let new blood run Bb. Pilipinas now (to think Madam Stella was more villainize before).

I think, we will come into that...sooner than expected. :=p :=p =D> =D>
manoypoe

Postby Handsama » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:09 pm

What a lot of fans don’t realize (especially those who are relatively new to the pageant) is that Miss Earth is the most progressive pageant out there and we can thank Miss Lorraine for that. She helped create a pageant that fought for the environment at a time when no one was paying much attention to it. She allowed women to speak their minds on sensitive topics…so while MW silenced Canada for talking about religious persecution, she let Russia talk about her political grievances which led to the Russian hit job against her. She allowed plus sized women to compete (contrast that to Nawat who asks women to lose more weight if they want to place). She allowed Muslim women to compete and wear what they’re comfortable with. Then there’s the no make up competition. And the immersive cultural experience. You got my drift?

Because it dares challenge the conventional, it takes a certain kind of pageant fan to appreciate Miss Earth. That’s why it’s no surprise that some international fans don’t like it notwithstanding the fact that it’s made in the Philippines, one of their biggest rivals in pageantry.

So to dismiss her and her accomplishments just because of the decision to hold another virtual pageant is wrong. If there’s anything missing for me, it’s just that I would like Carousel to add more glitz into the pre-pageant events as we’ve seen in some national pageants. And try to be more aggressive in selling itself on social media. Perhaps that’s where the input from some young blood can come. Better yet, just borrow Dr Sirikan’s production team. :%))

Handsama

Postby manoypoe » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:03 pm

Handsama wrote:What a lot of fans don’t realize (especially those who are relatively new to the pageant) is that Miss Earth is the most progressive pageant out there and we can thank Miss Lorraine for that. She helped create a pageant that fought for the environment at a time when no one was paying much attention to it. She allowed women to speak their minds on sensitive topics…so while MW silenced Canada for talking about religious persecution, she let Russia talk about her political grievances which led to the Russian hit job against her. She allowed plus sized women to compete (contrast that to Nawat who asks women to lose more weight if they want to place). She allowed Muslim women to compete and wear what they’re comfortable with. Then there’s the no make up competition. And the immersive cultural experience. You got my drift?

Because it dares challenge the conventional, it takes a certain kind of pageant fan to appreciate Miss Earth. That’s why it’s no surprise that some international fans don’t like it notwithstanding the fact that it’s made in the Philippines, one of their biggest rivals in pageantry.

So to dismiss her and her accomplishments just because of the decision to hold another virtual pageant is wrong. If there’s anything missing for me, it’s just that I would like Carousel to add more glitz into the pre-pageant events as we’ve seen in some national pageants. And try to be more aggressive in selling itself on social media. Perhaps that’s where the input from some young blood can come. Better yet, just borrow Dr Sirikan’s production team. :%))

I think, Filipinos can do so much more too if they are allowed and given ample resources to put into action their creative minds. And I agree, that young blood must be infused to the org and let their young and dynamic minds shape the future of Miss Earth. It is now time Madam Lorraine, we must adapt to the ever changing and challenging times in the pageant world. We agree and could not refute the fact that Miss Earth has done so much innovations in the world of pageantry but it can achieve more, sky is the limit, with younger and fresher blood calling the shots. Younger blood who is not afraid to take challenges, someone who always believe that she will because she can. :=p :=p =D> =D>
manoypoe

Postby batobato » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:04 am

Handsama wrote:Better yet, just borrow Dr Sirikan’s production team. :%))

This! :%))
batobato

Date of Birth: 05 Mar 1989
Profession: .....
Hobbies/Interests: .....

Postby esperasave » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:28 pm

manoypoe wrote:
Handsama wrote:What a lot of fans don’t realize (especially those who are relatively new to the pageant) is that Miss Earth is the most progressive pageant out there and we can thank Miss Lorraine for that. She helped create a pageant that fought for the environment at a time when no one was paying much attention to it. She allowed women to speak their minds on sensitive topics…so while MW silenced Canada for talking about religious persecution, she let Russia talk about her political grievances which led to the Russian hit job against her. She allowed plus sized women to compete (contrast that to Nawat who asks women to lose more weight if they want to place). She allowed Muslim women to compete and wear what they’re comfortable with. Then there’s the no make up competition. And the immersive cultural experience. You got my drift?

I think, Filipinos can do so much more too if they are allowed and given ample resources to put into action their creative minds. And I agree, that young blood must be infused to the org and let their young and dynamic minds shape the future of Miss Earth. It is now time Madam Lorraine, we must adapt to the ever changing and challenging times in the pageant world. We agree and could not refute the fact that Miss Earth has done so much innovations in the world of pageantry but it can achieve more, sky is the limit, with younger and fresher blood calling the shots. Younger blood who is not afraid to take challenges, someone who always believe that she will because she can. :=p :=p =D> =D>

If it's baranggay competition, let the young blood reigns but it's a national or International competition so we need experienced people to run the productions. It's not about the curtain or telon that is involved. There's so many aspects in the competition and productions that are considered uncharted territories by many in the TV and film industries when you are trying to produce a show internationally.
esperasave

Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Profession: medical
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

Postby vinusya » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:16 am

Just a question

:)>- How do they choose the Miss Earth Winner in Virtual? Basing only in videos and photos and zoom meetings? :)>-
:)>- Is there a memory for the girls in this pageant besides zoom meetings and shooting in their native land? :)>-

vinusya

Message: A queen shouldn't be lazy going to the gym, caring, reading and learning.

Postby ne0n » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:38 am

vinusya wrote:Just a question

:)>- How do they choose the Miss Earth Winner in Virtual? Basing only in videos and photos and zoom meetings? :)>-
:)>- Is there a memory for the girls in this pageant besides zoom meetings and shooting in their native land? :)>-

It's an oversimplification of things, but yeah, you got it right. In addition, each delegate can show their creativity and dedication in the way they present themselves in their virtual campaign.

Hey, nobody is defending the virtual set-up. It is what it is. Skip the year if you don't like it. :)>-
ne0n

Real Life Name/Nick: ne0n
Date of Birth: 04 Apr 2010
Profession: Medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby vinusya » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:42 pm

ne0n wrote:
vinusya wrote:Just a question

It's an oversimplification of things, but yeah, you got it right. In addition, each delegate can show their creativity and dedication in the way they present themselves in their virtual campaign.

Hey, nobody is defending the virtual set-up. It is what it is. Skip the year if you don't like it. :)>-

I am not against it because it is pandemic, even Miss International cancelled theirs. I am just curious how do they choose the winner with just videos, photos and zoom meeting? This is actually ironic from the 2001 final answer. The Earth really needs technology. :)>-
vinusya

Return to Miss Earth