MISS EARTH NEEDS VAST IMPROVEMENTS!

MISS EARTH NEEDS VAST IMPROVEMENTS!

Postby baghak_gargak » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:33 pm

I think they could make Miss Earth more entertaining, thrilling, more exciting, and suspenseful to watch if they could produce a great show. The stage alone needs vast improvement - the camera angle is too close to the LED Panel that one can really see the pixelated screens and it's really ugly to look at. The stage should have a ramp and the led screen should be styled elegantly on the stage. I like the stage of 2017 and 2018. The format of the show needs to follow the traditional format. The announcement of semifinalists is so fast that they could not even capture the initial reactions of these ladies after making the first cut, therefore, killing the exciting and thrilling emotional value of the show. One of the reasons why Latinos and other pageant fans from other continents don't usually watch this pageant is because the format of the program or the pageant's final show alone is killing all the excitement and the suspense let alone the stage is very simple and bland. I understand the attempt of the organization to come up with innovation but not this point because the show and competition will become somewhat awkward and weird for example the very quick lightning bolt fast evening gown competition of the top 12 immediately after being announced makes these ladies look like robots and gave a not so stellar evening gown presentation because the very quick announcement killed their chance to recover from a roller coaster emotion because they need to present in a long gown competition immediately after that.

Look at Korea when she was announced as one of the Top 12 semifinalists and immediately presented her way to the evening gown competition. She was overwhelmed by her emotion that she has this awkward evening gown presentation.

baghak_gargak
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Vladimir Dayucduc
Date of Birth: 25 Dec 1990
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Chief Executive Officer
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: activities in the dark, cooking, travel

Re: MISS EARTH NEEDS VAST IMPROVEMENTS!

Postby Virginia Dalisay » Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:17 pm

So, should they reformat the final night program or change their show director? 8-> 8-> 8->

ImageImage
Virginia Dalisay
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Date of Birth: 14 Feb 1991
Profession: Archeologist
Hobbies/Interests: Live the life you love and Love the life you live.
Message: Never be a prisoner of your past. It was just a lesson, not a life sentence.

Postby Bella14 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:56 pm

need to put some glam too
GANDA KA?
Bella14
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: nothing
Hobbies/Interests: nothing

Postby ajsy0203 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:23 pm

Why Miss Earth still has 80+ candidates every year since 2005? They have their own personal identity to it, if it was camera problems then 2022 edition livestream already improved than previous years. The most important is the experience will never be robbed at Miss Earth.

Some pageants have glitz and glamour but why they can't consistently produced 80+ candidates every edition?

Different Pageants, Different Standards, Different Directions.
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby XAMURAI » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:39 am

I think Miss Earth is Miss Earth because of what it can offer. Same with our pageant here in Japan. A lot of people tell us to do this or to do that, but overall, it was just leading us to become a second act of Miss Universe.

If there's one thing I want ME to really focus on, or I want them to bring back, is the use of recycled materials for national costume or opening costume. I really love the creativity behind that!
My Interview for GMA Western Visayas

[youtube]0UHn679-4P4[/youtube]
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping

Postby antoine » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:54 am

XAMURAI wrote:I think Miss Earth is Miss Earth because of what it can offer. Same with our pageant here in Japan. A lot of people tell us to do this or to do that, but overall, it was just leading us to become a second act of Miss Universe.

If there's one thing I want ME to really focus on, or I want them to bring back, is the use of recycled materials for national costume or opening costume. I really love the creativity behind that!

I think that’s what some pageant fans are really saying .. that everything has to be like Miss Universe or MGI glossy otherwise it’s not up to their “standards”..
antoine

Date of Birth: 12 Jun 1984
Profession: Admin
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: swimming

Postby XAMURAI » Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:56 am

antoine wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:I think Miss Earth is Miss Earth because of what it can offer. Same with our pageant here in Japan. A lot of people tell us to do this or to do that, but overall, it was just leading us to become a second act of Miss Universe.

I think that’s what some pageant fans are really saying .. that everything has to be like Miss Universe or MGI glossy otherwise it’s not up to their “standards”..

I totally understand the need to have an entertaining show. However, there are many factors that need to be considered. Just take for example, with Miss Earth, there has to be minimal garbage, waste, or carbon footprints, because they need to be environment friendly. For Miss International, the main focus is the cultural activities, so there is NO time devoted for rehearsals because the delegates are not supposed to be treated as props for a TV show (that is one thing that our CEO clearly reminds me of during meetings)

My most favorite ME edition, so far, was the 2006 edition where it was held outdoors, at the front stairs of the Philippine National Museum! Minimal use of stage props, beautiful backdrop, but the only risky factor was the weather.

XAMURAI

Postby baghak_gargak » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:35 am

Virginia Dalisay wrote:So, should they reformat the final night program or change their show director? 8-> 8-> 8->

Both actually because the director might be used to that kind of tacky format he might not change it and the Miss Earth might retain the same kind of format regardless of who will replace the show director.
baghak_gargak

Postby baghak_gargak » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:39 am

ajsy0203 wrote:Why Miss Earth still has 80+ candidates every year since 2005? They have their own personal identity to it, if it was camera problems then 2022 edition livestream already improved than previous years. The most important is the experience will never be robbed at Miss Earth.

Some pageants have glitz and glamour but why they can't consistently produced 80+ candidates every edition?

Sometimes it is not just about the number of contestants regardless of their competitiveness sometimes it is about the fans, the followers, the audience because without the audience there will be no show to watch ano yun sila sila na lang panonoorin nila sarili nila? You need to be open minded to follow their suggestions I don't use the terms glitz and glamor there I use the term "excitement", "thrill" etc. not just to attract followers, fans but also to gain the attention of relevant institutions and sponsors who might be interested to invest in the pageant or support its programs and advocacy if they see that the pageant is "more exciting", "more thrilling" and suspenseful to watch! :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p
baghak_gargak

Postby baghak_gargak » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:49 am

antoine wrote:

:-j :-j :-j :-j Here you are again making some excuses... I did not say imitate Miss Universe did you see in my post mentioning Miss Universe and I did not even use the term glitz and glamor I use the term more excitement more thrilling more suspenseful for someone who wants improvements who wants to evolve into something great one has to be open minded seems like you are not open to changes for the better but just stick to your old tacky habits!
baghak_gargak

Postby baghak_gargak » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:52 am

XAMURAI wrote:
antoine wrote:

I totally understand the need to have an entertaining show. However, there are many factors that need to be considered. Just take for example, with Miss Earth, there has to be minimal garbage, waste, or carbon footprints, because they need to be environment friendly. For Miss International, the main focus is the cultural activities, so there is NO time devoted for rehearsals because the delegates are not supposed to be treated as props for a TV show (that is one thing that our CEO clearly reminds me of during meetings)

My most favorite ME edition, so far, was the 2006 edition where it was held outdoors, at the front stairs of the Philippine National Museum! Minimal use of stage props, beautiful backdrop, but the only risky factor was the weather.

Not just about the stage sir because I know there is a creative team who are efficient enough to make it more "internationally appealing" using minimal amounts or environment friendly materials and also LED can be maximized and properly used to make it more big more wide without the need to be more expensive more consuming of energy... I also pointed out the fast pace format and other segments or portions of the program which is KILLING THE EXCITEMENT, KILLING THE THRILL and also ELIMINATING THE SUSPENSE...
baghak_gargak

Postby misssimplicity » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:35 am

[quote="ajsy0203"]Why Miss Earth still has 80+ candidates every year since 2005? They have their own personal identity to it, if it was camera problems then 2022 edition livestream already improved than previous years. The most important is the experience will never be robbed at Miss Earth.

[/quote
]

"Experience" Great pre-pageant activities, "It's more fun in the Pihil," Those are lame excuses and simply mean lame pageants. I hope ME supporters should stop hiding with those excuses.
misssimplicity
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Carinosa
Date of Birth: 20 May 1974
Profession: Burger Flipper
Hobbies/Interests: Lumalandi

Postby beautywatchnyc » Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:17 pm

Vast improvements equate to exponential increases in total costs and expenditures. Does the MEO have extra funds to meet these rising expectations? I think so. But granting that the Carousel MEO coffers are full, the decision to spend for these "vast improvements" is not made by one person alone. That decision will come from a consensual collegial vote of confidence from all the members of the exclusive execom. It's my guess but perhaps not all the members agree to fund these aesthetic enhancements and if there's a veto or a dissenting opinion from among its members nothing can move forward no matter how fans and followers call for upbeat changes to take shape. Where's all the ME revenue stream flowing into? Methinks the income earned in a fiscal period gets allocated to various expense items and that "vast improvements" do not get the most priority or allocation that it deserves.
Last edited by beautywatchnyc on Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy

Postby Sophia7 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:11 pm

The only request I would ask is to have media Tours /interviews for the winners. ME should line that up. and also more travel. for the 4 wnners.
Sophia7
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 08 Nov 1992
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: LAWYERing!
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Pageant, LAW, MGMT & FASHION!

Postby beautywatchnyc » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:11 pm

Sophia7 wrote:The only request I would ask is to have media Tours /interviews for the winners. ME should line that up. and also more travel. for the 4 winners.

Does MEO have the funds to cover these expenses? Are the sponsors willing to foot the bill? ME's financial records determine how and where the itemized budget should go. No one among ME followers has full access to ME's revenue stream so we can only wish for more improvement to take shape. The fans can ask for more. But projected income varies largely from actual receipts within a fiscal period so that's where the difference lies.
beautywatchnyc

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5

Postby ajsy0203 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:20 pm

baghak_gargak wrote:
ajsy0203 wrote:Why Miss Earth still has 80+ candidates every year since 2005? They have their own personal identity to it, if it was camera problems then 2022 edition livestream already improved than previous years. The most important is the experience will never be robbed at Miss Earth.

Sometimes it is not just about the number of contestants regardless of their competitiveness sometimes it is about the fans, the followers, the audience because without the audience there will be no show to watch ano yun sila sila na lang panonoorin nila sarili nila? You need to be open minded to follow their suggestions I don't use the terms glitz and glamor there I use the term "excitement", "thrill" etc. not just to attract followers, fans but also to gain the attention of relevant institutions and sponsors who might be interested to invest in the pageant or support its programs and advocacy if they see that the pageant is "more exciting", "more thrilling" and suspenseful to watch! :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p

Look at 71st Miss Universe which supposed to have more focus on Southern Hospitality in New Orleans most of the netizens were not happy on the short schedule that "robbed" the girls' experience because of the limited number of tours around NOLA (2020 edition is excusable because of COVID pandemic)? Miss Earth 2022 gave a great experience for these girls and they did not bring any heavy national costumes instead their luggage were full of gifts and souvenirs from different provincial sponsors especially to the girls who won various special awards in the preliminary competition.
ajsy0203

Postby Sophia7 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:36 am

beautywatchnyc wrote:
Sophia7 wrote:The only request I would ask is to have media Tours /interviews for the winners. ME should line that up. and also more travel. for the 4 winners.

Does MEO have the funds to cover these expenses? Are the sponsors willing to foot the bill? ME's financial records determine how and where the itemized budget should go. No one among ME followers has full access to ME's revenue stream so we can only wish for more improvement to take shape. The fans can ask for more. But projected income varies largely from actual receipts within a fiscal period so that's where the difference lies.

ME has more money than Miss Universe.
Sophia7

Date of Birth: 08 Nov 1992
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: LAWYERing!
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Pageant, LAW, MGMT & FASHION!

Postby Handsama » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:35 am

1. As the saying goes, there’s always room for improvement. I disagree that Miss Earth needs ‘vast’ improvement. It could benefit from fine tuning but this applies to every pageant out there. None of the current pageants is what I would consider flawless.

2. Miss Earth has its own distinct identity. Let it keep its unique elements. Otherwise, it will just be another run of the mill beauty pageant.

3. The finals is constrained by its two hour format which includes time allotted for TV commercials. I wish for it to be a three hour show so each segment doesn’t have to feel rushed but we know air time is super expensive. The time allotted for each segment has actually gotten better in that the women are able to strut on the stage longer. Notice that for it to happen, the guest performance has been removed.

4. Some fans from rival countries will never appreciate Miss Earth as long as their enmity towards Philippine pageantry and its fans remains. These fans would have crucified Miss Earth for the unscrupulous and questionable behavior that they let other pageants get away with. No wonder the pageant owners show them very little respect.
Handsama
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Profession: Secret
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Postby beautywatchnyc » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:34 am

Sophia7 wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:

Nice to hear that from a die-hard supporter! Do you have direct access to the books and finances? We'd appreciate it if you can show the receipts. Bring it on to silence the doubters. To where the funds in a fiscal period went and how were they dispensed? A Mr. Raul Monson would be flabbergasted to hear that from you. If otherwise, what you're saying is pure hearsay. Sabi nya, sabi nila, is that it? We've grown so tired about this hasty conclusion/generalization that doesn't seem to lend credence to a secretive MEO/Carousel Productions.
Last edited by beautywatchnyc on Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
beautywatchnyc

Postby Capitella22 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:18 am

The goods from this pageant:
1. good advocacy and cause, probably the best advocacy out of the entire pageant world
2. Philippines no longer a shoo-in. Thankfully, the last 3 years or so a Filipina representing another country or Philippines no longer a shoo-in. Good thing they stopped placing unappealing, facially below average commoners like midget Imperial Athena and acne face Morticia from the Addams family as the winner.
3. The four elemental queens. I like this idea and it's different and creative, very original.

The bad from this pageant:

1. Terrible production. Absolute worst and trash. Even regional pageants in Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia looks way better in production value
2. Terrible stage. See above
3. Get another country and let the Thais, Vietnamese or Indonesia behind the production and hosting. They can deliver. Filipinos teams has no creativity skils or money.
4. Other than a few, average looking winner. That last one from Belize is a bore and nothing special. Same with the recent Korean girl. I got bored looking at them.

I finally watched the first 10 mins of the recent Finals and just turned off quickly. No interest or build up from that cheap ugly stage and production that looks like it's from the early 1980s.
Capitella22

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2021
Profession: Engineer,
Hobbies/Interests: sports, traveling, hiking

Postby Chupando's Angels » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:23 am

Sophia7 wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:

GANUN NAMAN PALA EH. SO BAKIT DI PUMANTAY SA GLAMOUR AND GLITZ NG Miss Universe ?

O BAKA NAMAN BINUBULSA ANG PONDO KAYA SUPER TIPID SA PRODUCTION, STAGE, TRAVEL AT KUNG ANO ANO PA.

HMMMMMM ... PAKI EXPLAIN... [-( [-( [-( [-( [-( [-( [-( [-(
“Bitch I’m Madonna”
Chupando's Angels

Date of Birth: 16 Apr 1986
Profession: Dancer
Hobbies/Interests: Music

Postby baghak_gargak » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:56 pm

ajsy0203 wrote:
baghak_gargak wrote:

Look at 71st Miss Universe which supposed to have more focus on Southern Hospitality in New Orleans most of the netizens were not happy on the short schedule that "robbed" the girls' experience because of the limited number of tours around NOLA (2020 edition is excusable because of COVID pandemic)? Miss Earth 2022 gave a great experience for these girls and they did not bring any heavy national costumes instead their luggage were full of gifts and souvenirs from different provincial sponsors especially to the girls who won various special awards in the preliminary competition.

I am not talking about pre pageant activities I am talking about the finals show which you are always avoiding and always finding excuses of which I have no idea for reasons. I think if you are able to find a great show producer for the finals show it would be beneficial for the organization and not just for the audience but you also need the audience to gain the attention of the concerned parties to get involved with Miss Earth but how could you attract audience when you could not be able to provide them with an exciting and suspenseful finale... even just program format alone (do you need money to change the program format eg. the host announcement, that is ridiculous etc. ) can be done easily... don't beat around the bush.. confront the issue head on BE OPEN MINDED to accept and implement these things.
baghak_gargak

Postby baghak_gargak » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:02 pm

Handsama wrote:1. As the saying goes, there’s always room for improvement. I disagree that Miss Earth needs ‘vast’ improvement. It could benefit from fine tuning but this applies to every pageant out there. None of the current pageants is what I would consider flawless.

2. Miss Earth has its own distinct identity. Let it keep its unique elements. Otherwise, it will just be another run of the mill beauty pageant.

3. The finals is constrained by its two hour format which includes time allotted for TV commercials. I wish for it to be a three hour show so each segment doesn’t have to feel rushed but we know air time is super expensive. The time allotted for each segment has actually gotten better in that the women are able to strut on the stage longer. Notice that for it to happen, the guest performance has been removed.

4. Some fans from rival countries will never appreciate Miss Earth as long as their enmity towards Philippine pageantry and its fans remains. These fans would have crucified Miss Earth for the unscrupulous and questionable behavior that they let other pageants get away with. No wonder the pageant owners show them very little respect.

PAGEANT IS STILL A PAGEANT TAKE A LOOK AT THE DEFINITION OF A PAGEANT... (n). - a public entertainment consisting of a procession of people in elaborate, colorful costumes, or an outdoor performance of a historical scene. Otherwise, call it a seminar or conference competition of earthly women.... =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) It is not a pageant without its entertainment value the excitement of it...

THEY already started to make it GLAM actually by staging the pageant in OKADA MANILA... the press conference You are already there WHY ALWAYS MAKES THIS LAME EXCUSES... =O/ =O/ =O/ =O/ =O/ =O/

THERE'S THIS SAYING... IF YOU WANT CHANGE THERE ARE WAYS, IF YOU DON'T THERE ARE EXCUSES...

KUNG GUGUSTUHIN ANG PAGBABAGO MAY PARAAN KUNG MAKITID ANG UTAK AT AYAW MAY PALUSOT YUN LANG YUN....
baghak_gargak

Postby baghak_gargak » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:08 pm

Handsama wrote:1. As the saying goes, there’s always room for improvement. I disagree that Miss Earth needs ‘vast’ improvement. It could benefit from fine tuning but this applies to every pageant out there. None of the current pageants is what I would consider flawless.

Last year they started VERY LATE and in between there is these VERY LONG UNNECESSARY GAPS and when it comes to the CRUCIAL PARTS of the show - like semifinalists' announcement, swimsuit and gown competition they make it fast-paced segments lightning bolt fast the contestants alone could not react - Korea has an awkward long gown presentation because of its format announcement (watch the Miss Earth 2022 again on that point) then long gown competition consecutively being held a long gown and evening gown are just some of the highlights of the show and should have given proper "ADEQUATE" time to give these ladies proper presentation.. the way they did it in Miss Earth 2022 it looks like it is a fashion show a runway show NOT A COMPETITION... =O/ =O/ =O/ =O/ =O/ =O/ =O/ don't justify the tardiness with FAST PACED COMPETITION AND ANNOUNCEMENT SEGMENTS!!!!!! X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( =/ =/ =/ =/ =/ =/ =/ >:< >:< >:< >:< >:< >:< >:< =O/ =O/ =O/ =O/
baghak_gargak

Postby filipinoako28 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:49 am

Very fair point! Yes! This is what is happening with most pageants. They tend to become a direct copy of Miss Universe
filipinoako28

Date of Birth: 09 Mar 1983
Profession: Financial analyst
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing the net

Postby XAMURAI » Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:20 am

filipinoako28 wrote:

Very fair point! Yes! This is what is happening with most pageants. They tend to become a direct copy of Miss Universe

Yes. They also demand us to do interview round. Do we really need to judge the girls based on a private three-minute question and answer portion? Is that a better source of judgement compared to the two-week evaluation of their attitude from the staff and chaperon?

XAMURAI

Postby chaoxu08 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:00 pm

Here we go again. Laging may suggestion sa Miss Earth pero sa ibang pageant, sobrang tahimik.
BIG FOUR
4 Universe | 1 World | 4 Earth | 6 International
chaoxu08

Real Life Name/Nick: chao
Date of Birth: 17 Jan 1986
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: QA
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: many to mention

Postby Jayah » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:51 pm

chaoxu08 wrote:Here we go again. Laging may suggestion sa Miss Earth pero sa ibang pageant, sobrang tahimik.

Di ba... pag Miss Universe acceptable kahit umutot pa! No one talks about how boring and pointless it was for the ladies who competed in the whole Miss Universe event to be locked up for ten days at a hotel.
Jayah

Real Life Name/Nick: Jaya
Profession: Singer
Hobbies/Interests: Diving

Postby ajsy0203 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:39 pm

If the production and stage design are great, why it did not attract more national directors to buy the franchise?
ajsy0203

Postby chaoxu08 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:56 am

ajsy0203 wrote:If the production and stage design are great, why it did not attract more national directors to buy the franchise?

It did not attract more national directors? Is 80+ not enough every year? While other pageants struggling to reached 70+.

If you are talking about the no. of delegates not reaching 90+, that's normal. Look at MW and Miss Universe, its no. of participants fluctuates.
BIG FOUR
4 Universe | 1 World | 4 Earth | 6 International
chaoxu08

Real Life Name/Nick: chao
Date of Birth: 17 Jan 1986
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: QA
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: many to mention

Next

Return to Miss Earth