Was Paraguay more celebrated than the actual winner?

Was Paraguay more celebrated than the actual winner?

Postby poker_man » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:56 am

[youtube]o_Hd38wcgng[/youtube]

Any thoughts?

poker_man
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 21 Jun 1985
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Doctor
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty pageants

Re: Was Paraguay more celebrated than the actual winner?

Postby jalzamani » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:25 am

not really. Paraguay has not any big alpha crown victory. This was the highest they reached in Miss Universe. Nadia is pretty free to do anything she want bcoz she has nothing to do as a duty or responsibility hence can have homecoming and the time for it. But to Paraguayan people a first runner up will be a huge accomplishment. Whereas in Venezuela nobody even care.

And about India, they already said several times it wasnt the homecoming. She paid a quick visit for the media week and had to return to NYC. Her official homecoming will be later.
Big 5

MISS UNIVERSE - MISS WORLD - MISS SUPRANATIONAL - Miss Gwand INTERNATIONAL
jalzamani

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Model
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing Net

Postby panchopolo » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:55 am

Well-deserved celebration, despite the world's ongoing social priorities. It's a historic win for the Paraguayans! The same goes for Barbados and Belize.
panchopolo
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 20 Dec 2012
Profession: Croquis and Maquette Maker
Hobbies/Interests: Providing arcane information on need-to-know basis
Message: Post messages that matter for posts that don’t matter

Postby Iknowbeauty » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:47 am

Yes in Paraguay obviously. This is their highest placement ever & their first placement in a long time. But it's been 1 month & they're still salty. All negative comments on Miss Universe Insta are by them. And even other Hispanic ppl are annoyed with them I've seen Mexicans, Peruvians, & ppl all over defending Harnaaz. They are embarrassing themselves in front of the world & even getting themselves roasted in the process. The comment section has been a warzone thanks to them & I highly doubt it has left a favorable impression in eyes of MUO.
Iknowbeauty
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 15 Oct 2015
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby Mariana Erwin » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:33 pm

Iknowbeauty wrote:Yes in Paraguay obviously. This is their highest placement ever & their first placement in a long time. But it's been 1 month & they're still salty. All negative comments on Miss Universe Insta are by them. And even other Hispanic ppl are annoyed with them I've seen Mexicans, Peruvians, & ppl all over defending Harnaaz. They are embarrassing themselves in front of the world & even getting themselves roasted in the process. The comment section has been a warzone thanks to them & I highly doubt it has left a favorable impression in eyes of MUO.
I agree with you. I think the worst thing that some pageant fans did (or more like, news sites in Latin America) was to celebrate a holiday about jokes by involving both Harnaaz and Nadia. In Hispanic countries (although the Philippines no longer celebrates this much) they usually commemorate an event related to Christmas called the “Day of the Innocents”, commemorating the babies (known as the Massacre of the Innocents) who were murdered all because of King Herod’s orders after the Magi who visited Jesus did not report to him. On that day, they treat it as April Fools Day, In the recent celebration, some news site made up a prank saying that Harnaaz abdicated from her throne because of acting commitments and that Nadia would be enthroned on January 3, and that Nadia was in shock. As much as I understood it, I do believe in the adage that jokes are half-meant (hence why some jokes are offensive), and I believe that this is what their fans desire. I know that Paraguay almost won and such a feat is difficult to repeat (regardless of any country, even Venezuela or Colombia), but I hope that her fans be better and move on. There can be no other Nadia Ferreira but that doesn’t mean that they should act like they will no longer win anymore - they just need to find the best representative that has the guts to do it, just like her.
No more bashers in 2022, please.

Also, watch Dani Walker's video to know more on how bashers can kill with their words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbYUDqSC1UM
Mariana Erwin
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Date of Birth: 05 Apr 1988
Profession: ***********
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry
Message: Hello and welcome! Commenting on things in pageantry and critical of pageant issues.

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:18 pm

Iknowbeauty wrote:Yes in Paraguay obviously. This is their highest placement ever & their first placement in a long time. But it's been 1 month & they're still salty. All negative comments on Miss Universe Insta are by them. And even other Hispanic ppl are annoyed with them I've seen Mexicans, Peruvians, & ppl all over defending Harnaaz. They are embarrassing themselves in front of the world & even getting themselves roasted in the process. The comment section has been a warzone thanks to them & I highly doubt it has left a favorable impression in eyes of MUO.

Off topic

I was surprised when Manushi’s homecoming was much bigger and more celebrated than Harnaaz’s. I thought Miss Universe > Miss World. Maybe it was because of the pandemic.

Jonathan Nguyen

Real Life Name/Nick: Jonathan Nguyen
Date of Birth: 10 Aug 1997
Profession: Software Developer
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe and Miss World

Postby Iknowbeauty » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:52 pm

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:

Off topic

I was surprised when Manushi’s homecoming was much bigger and more celebrated than Harnaaz’s. I thought Miss Universe > Miss World. Maybe it was because of the pandemic.

Harnaaz hasn't had her official homecoming yet. When she was in India she only stayed in Mumbai. She didn't go to her hometown & didn't even meet anyone in her family except for her mom who came to see her in Mumbai. I guess they are saving the big reunion for her homecoming which will take place in her state. They are still trying to work out the dates for that.
Iknowbeauty

Postby XAMURAI » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:47 am

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:

Off topic

Why compare a non-pandemic homecoming of Manushi's to that of Haranaaz's whose victory and short homecoming happened in the middle of a pandemic, and amidst the rigorous restrictions in India?
My Interview for GMA Western Visayas

[youtube]0UHn679-4P4[/youtube]
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping

Postby robert schumann » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:08 am

MGI 2021 homecoming was better!
robert schumann

Date of Birth: 12 Aug 1982
Profession: teacher
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: art,reading books,surfing the net

Postby kurtij » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:41 am

PARAGUAY IS A NON-POWERHOUSE COUNTRY AND THEY ARE VERY HAPPY AND GRATEFUL WITH THAT PLACEMENT IN MISS UNIVERSE.
PLUS, NADIA HAVE GONE HOME IMMEDIATELY SO SHE GOT THE HOMECOMING AND MANY OTHER CELEBRATIONS THE SOONEST.

AS FOR HARNAAZ, I DON'T THINK SHE HAD HER OFFICIAL HOMECOMING YET.
HAD IT HAPPENED ALREADY, AND CONSIDERING INDIA'S POPULATION....
kurtij

Real Life Name/Nick: m_cronin
Date of Birth: 27 Dec 1989
Profession: Missosologist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: CURSING

Postby Blanche » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:12 am

Miss India has not had her official homecoming yet. She is the current Miss Universe. The MUO will sponsor that trip. Nadia did not win. So, she has already had a homecoming. I really wish some members in this forum would stop asking such stupid questions and do some research before they post.
Blanche
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Profession: Former Beauty Queen
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Eating

Postby accpangit3 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:30 am

hayaah na natin sila...ganun din naman tayo noon nung nag 1st runner up si Janine Togonon..

yun nga lang..mas deserving talaga si janine that time sa crown... :"> :"> :"> :"> :"> :">
accpangit3
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: Zeus
Date of Birth: 22 Nov 1995
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: businessman
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: movies

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:12 pm

XAMURAI wrote:
Jonathan Nguyen wrote:

Off topic

Why compare a non-pandemic homecoming of Manushi's to that of Haranaaz's whose victory and short homecoming happened in the middle of a pandemic, and amidst the rigorous restrictions in India?

I was aware of the pandemic. I just hope Harnaaz has a real homecoming later.

Jonathan Nguyen

Postby Binibining ZOZI » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:14 pm

HARNAZ IS GETTING FAT !!!!
Binibining ZOZI

Real Life Name/Nick: princess
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2000
Profession: cabin crew
Hobbies/Interests: travelling, pageantry

Postby XAMURAI » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:27 am

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
Jonathan Nguyen wrote:

Off topic

So why were you "surprised"? It should not be a surprise because there is a pandemic. If Manashi had won under the current situation, do you think it would be the same as the 2017 level?
My Interview for GMA Western Visayas

[youtube]0UHn679-4P4[/youtube]
XAMURAI

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping

Postby lingintexas » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:51 pm

XAMURAI wrote:
Jonathan Nguyen wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
Jonathan Nguyen wrote:

Off topic

So why were you "surprised"? It should not be a surprise because there is a pandemic. If Manashi had won under the current situation, do you think it would be the same as the 2017 level?

I was just about to post the same response, we all just watched Miss World get canceled because of all the Covid cases, not sure why anyone is asking why her homecoming is smaller than another.
lingintexas

Real Life Name/Nick: Alvin-Michael Tiago Linton
Date of Birth: 23 Jan 1984
Profession: Chemical Engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: Computers

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:17 pm

XAMURAI wrote:
Jonathan Nguyen wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
Jonathan Nguyen wrote:

Off topic

My bad

Jonathan Nguyen

Postby Iknowbeauty » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:09 pm

kurtij wrote:
PARAGUAY IS A NON-POWERHOUSE COUNTRY AND THEY ARE VERY HAPPY AND GRATEFUL WITH THAT PLACEMENT IN MISS UNIVERSE.
PLUS, NADIA HAVE GONE HOME IMMEDIATELY SO SHE GOT THE HOMECOMING AND MANY OTHER CELEBRATIONS THE SOONEST.

Grateful??!! My a$$. For such a non-powerhouse country, the toxicity and entitlement is on another level. A lot of people haven't heard of this country before this & this is the impression they are leaving. They are such newbs to pageantry & don't understand it at all. You can't just send a strong candidate out of the blue & expect you're guaranteed to win that year. They should've just bought the crown if they wanted it that bad. :%)) Otherwise, you have to work your way to the crown especially in Miss Universe, by getting high placements a few times & getting on their radar. Philippines knows this better than anyone & they need to learn from you. You guys had consistent placements between 2010-2014 before winning in 2015.
Iknowbeauty

Postby Ian Sebastin » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:57 am

Iknowbeauty wrote:
kurtij wrote:

Grateful??!! My a$$. For such a non-powerhouse country, the toxicity and entitlement is on another level. A lot of people haven't heard of this country before this & this is the impression they are leaving. They are such newbs to pageantry & don't understand it at all. You can't just send a strong candidate out of the blue & expect you're guaranteed to win that year. They should've just bought the crown if they wanted it that bad. :%)) Otherwise, you have to work your way to the crown especially in Miss Universe, by getting high placements a few times & getting on their radar. Philippines knows this better than anyone & they need to learn from you. You guys had consistent placements between 2010-2014 before winning in 2015.

I disagree with everything that you said in this post. People that follow pageants, especially Miss Universe fans have heard of Paraguay before. I think you're forgetting about the stunner they sent in 2004. She was gorgeous. The Honey Lee of Paraguay. They sent another stunner in 2006. So, while they're not considered a powerhouse by any means at Universe, many pageant fans are familiar with the country because of the stunners they have sent in the past.

Paraguay almost did win this year. She probably lost because her Q&A was not as strong as India's. This was not a home run pageant by any means. Facially speaking, Paraguay is stunning. She was the best looking woman at Universe this year in my opinion.

While most new countries don't win right out of the bat....let's not forget that it has happened in the past. Botswana won in 1999. Angola won in 2011. It can be done with the right girl.

The current powerhouses at Universe will fade as they have always done in the past. The current placers of today such as South Africa and the Philippines won't be relevant in a few year at the pageant. Only USA will remain relevant.

AGENT OF BEAUTY
Ian Sebastin
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Profession: Insurance
Hobbies/Interests: Traveling and Beauty

Postby Iknowbeauty » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:36 am

Ian Sebastin wrote:
Iknowbeauty wrote:
kurtij wrote:

I disagree with everything that you said in this post. People that follow pageants, especially Miss Universe fans have heard of Paraguay before. I think you're forgetting about the stunner they sent in 2004. She was gorgeous. The Honey Lee of Paraguay. They sent another stunner in 2006. So, while they're not considered a powerhouse by any means at Universe, many pageant fans are familiar with the country because of the stunners they have sent in the past.

Paraguay almost did win this year. She probably lost because her Q&A was not as strong as India's. This was not a home run pageant by any means. Facially speaking, Paraguay is stunning. She was the best looking woman at Universe this year in my opinion.

While most new countries don't win right out of the bat....let's not forget that it has happened in the past. Botswana won in 1999. Angola won in 2011. It can be done with the right girl.

The current powerhouses at Universe will fade as they have always done in the past. The current placers of today such as South Africa and the Philippines won't be relevant in a few year at the pageant. Only USA will remain relevant.

Even though Harnaaz was in top 5 or winner in every hot pick since the day she won her national pageant, I never considered this a home run win. It was Paraguay that was expecting to run away with the crown, its why they're unable to accept that someone else won over their Nadia. I really don't want to turn this into bashing her but I disagree she was the best looking this year. I don't know who is or who is not, but I just know she is not everyone's cup of tea including mine & I don't like when Paraguayans and some fans (not you) say it like it's a fact and everyone must agree. Her body as we saw in SS was not good either, it was masculine. Catriona was bashed for her body by Clara Sosa a Paraguayan, but Nadia is the one lacking the curves that Latin women are known for. I thought it was interesting though how Nadia was asked a question about body shaming, I've always wondered if it was because of Sosa & that was MUO's way of getting back at them for disrespecting a former Miss Universe. And I don't want to get into the whole who's a powerhouse and who's not, I could care less, none of what you said can excuse the toxic comments that Paraguayans are leaving on Miss Universe insta, YT, facebook and elsewhere. That was my whole point. Filipinos were called out for not accepting Stephanie's win over Catriona at MW, this is one and the same, most of the Paraguayans don't speak English or they'd be here too.

Anyway, I don't know why I even bother since we won. Let them be salty. Empty cans make the most noise after all. :-*
Now I'm just curious to see if their lack of sportsmanship will affect their future placements or not.
Iknowbeauty

Postby Ian Sebastin » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:53 am

Iknowbeauty wrote:
Ian Sebastin wrote:
Iknowbeauty wrote:
kurtij wrote:

Even though Harnaaz was in top 5 or winner in every hot pick since the day she won her national pageant, I never considered this a home run win. It was Paraguay that was expecting to run away with the crown, its why they're unable to accept that someone else won over their Nadia. I really don't want to turn this into bashing her but I disagree she was the best looking this year. I don't know who is or who is not, but I just know she is not everyone's cup of tea including mine & I don't like when Paraguayans and some fans (not you) say it like it's a fact and everyone must agree. Her body as we saw in SS was not good either, it was masculine. Catriona was bashed for her body by Clara Sosa a Paraguayan, but Nadia is the one lacking the curves that Latin women are known for. I thought it was interesting though how Nadia was asked a question about body shaming, I've always wondered if it was because of Sosa & that was MUO's way of getting back at them for disrespecting a former Miss Universe. And I don't want to get into the whole who's a powerhouse and who's not, I could care less, none of what you said can excuse the toxic comments that Paraguayans are leaving on Miss Universe insta, YT, facebook and elsewhere. That was my whole point. Filipinos were called out for not accepting Stephanie's win over Catriona at MW, this is one and the same, most of the Paraguayans don't speak English or they'd be here too.

Anyway, I don't know why I even bother since we won. Let them be salty. Empty cans make the most noise after all. :-*
Now I'm just curious to see if their behavior will affect their future placements or not.

What does the Philippines have to do with this? Catriona did not even make the top 3 at world. Additionally, everything about the absurd performance was a copycat of Megan Young. It is not even the same. Paraguay and India were the final two at Universe. I do think Nadia was the best looking woman at the pageant but that is my opinion. Beauty is subjective. From my own experience as a pageant fan I saw both Paraguay and India on many top 5 lists. On the USA Bubble Board more posters were raving about Nadia. However, they were all delighted with india's win. Unless you're visiting Latin Boards that are predominantly in Spanish....I have no idea where this toxic stuff is coming from regarding fans from Paraguay? I don't even know if I ever actually interacted with a pageant fan from Paraguay?

The only toxic comments that I ever see on this forum are Filipino's going after Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam.

India won. People are happy with her win. I am happy with her win. Miss India is a great choice. You can tell by her recent pictures that she is loving the job and will make a great Miss Universe.

When it actually came to performance at Universe...I thought Paraguay dominated the swimsuit round. In the EG...Paraguay had a great walk but a meh gown. India had a seductive walk with a great gown. So, really at that point they were neck in neck. They were without a doubt the top 2 girls in that top 16. I do think India ended up winning the crown because she was able to personalize her answers and spoke with confidence.

Paraguay came close to the crown, so let them enjoy their celebration. It does not take away from the fact that India won.

AGENT OF BEAUTY
Ian Sebastin

Profession: Insurance
Hobbies/Interests: Traveling and Beauty

Postby Iknowbeauty » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:04 am

Ian Sebastin wrote:
Iknowbeauty wrote:
Ian Sebastin wrote:
Iknowbeauty wrote:
kurtij wrote:

Now I'm just curious to see if their behavior will affect their future placements or not.

What does the Philippines have to do with this? Catriona did not even make the top 3 at world. Additionally, everything about the absurd performance was a copycat of Megan Young. It is not even the same. Paraguay and India were the final two at Universe. I do think Nadia was the best looking woman at the pageant but that is my opinion. Beauty is subjective. From my own experience as a pageant fan I saw both Paraguay and India on many top 5 lists. On the USA Bubble Board more posters were raving about Nadia. However, they were all delighted with india's win. Unless you're visiting Latin Boards that are predominantly in Spanish....I have no idea where this toxic stuff is coming from regarding fans from Paraguay? I don't even know if I ever actually interacted with a pageant fan from Paraguay?

The only toxic comments that I ever see on this forum are Filipino's going after Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam.

India won. People are happy with her win. I am happy with her win. Miss India is a great choice. You can tell by her recent pictures that she is loving the job and will make a great Miss Universe.

When it actually came to performance at Universe...I thought Paraguay dominated the swimsuit round. In the EG...Paraguay had a great walk but a meh gown. India had a seductive walk with a great gown. So, really at that point they were neck in neck. They were without a doubt the top 2 girls in that top 16. I do think India ended up winning the crown because she was able to personalize her answers and spoke with confidence.

Paraguay came close to the crown, so let them enjoy their celebration. It does not take away from the fact that India won.

I don't disagree with everything you're saying. But it seems you don't visit any other pageant related sites than Missosology like Miss Universe insta for example or else you'd know exactly what I'm talking about. :)>- :=p The comment section is flooded with negative comments from them harassing and cyberbullying a 21 yr old. When Harnaaz posted a comment on one of the post (can't believe she put herself in that mess :%)) ) they even started bashing under her comment. What a way to celebrate their placement. :%))
Iknowbeauty

Return to Miss Universe