ROAD TO MISS USA 2021 // KENTUCKY IS MISS USA 2021

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2021 // PRE-ARRIVALS FAVORITES POLL PG.

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:28 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:I heard a rumor a while ago that roommates will be done alphabetically this year (so Alabama with Alaska, Arizona with Arkansas, and so on) with the contestant who sells the most ad pages for the program getting her own room as the odd 51st delegate, and based on the Teen roommates together in Houston rn, it looks like that's going to be the case.

I kinda think that's bullshit. A lot of girls already know each other, from competing together in the past or being from the same directorship, etc. and it's a shame they don't have the option to room with someone they know if they want to, and also not getting a roommate sounds like kind of a bummer and I'm not sure if it really counts as a "prize". I'm sure some girls would like to be by themselves, but part of the fun of going to Miss USA is getting a roommate and getting to bond.

That's dumb, but if I'm being honest I don't really mind all that much. Assigned roommates may help the girls get to know others that they wouldn't otherwise have gotten as close with. I know that for me personally, my university did not let freshmen choose their roommates, it was all random, and I ended up becoming best friends with my roommate. I wouldn't have ever befriended her otherwise if I could have chosen a roommate because I know there was a 0% chance we would ever have appealed to each other on paper (I was a party girl, she was quiet and artsy lol), so sometimes forcing people into situations they may not be as comfortable with can work out, especially since all the '21 girls are already sister queens. Plus I'm fairly sure Miss France assigns their roommates this way as well, and it works out fine. What I do worry though is with Nevada, as I don't want her to get stuck with someone who isn't going to treat her as an equal. Not to stereotype, but Nebraska isn't really the most LGBT positive state in the country, and I don't know what Erika's personal beliefs are and am absolutely not accusing her, but it would have been nice if she could be with someone like Utah who she already knows and seems to get along well with.

I don't remember which Teens roomed with who in Houston, but I did notice a lot of it was alphabetical. With that being said though, part of me feels like I noticed the alphabetical roommates but then I saw a couple pairs who weren't and thought "oh so I guess it isn't all alphabetical." Of course I don't remember who and can't find anything about who roomed with who (I just remember specifically that South Carolina and Rhode Island did, which was alphabetical) so oh well. I do agree though that being the sole girl without a roommate doesn't really seem like a prize and actually seems very alienating. At least it'd be incentive to not drive yourself insane trying to win this challenge lol. I would prefer if being the lone girl was picked through a lottery, with a random girl getting chosen and then being asked if she wanted it or not. If she says no, it moves on to the next person, and so on until the girl picked wants to be alone.

That's a really good point. Erika is a registered Republican, which doesn't necessarily mean she's transphobic (I've considered registering as a Republican so I could vote for the more palatable candidates in Utah primaries for state office because let's be real - a Republican is going to win them either way and I'd rather have Romney over a Trumper, and y'all know I'm far from a Republican) but I really want Kataluna to have a roommate who accepts her for who she is.

Yeah this is just a sensitive issue and trans people are obviously not fully accepted in the US, especially in rural and conservative states like Nebraska. I would have wanted Rachel last year to have an accepting roommate (and I'm sure she did) and the sad reality is that LGBT people in the US are not universally accepted. I think people at the Miss USA Organization should take that in mind when doing the roommate pairings because putting Kataluna in a room with someone who may be transphobic would honestly probably ruin the experience for both of them.

Again, not accusing Erika of being transphobic at all, she is a Republican but of course being a Republican doesn't automatically make you a MAGA bigot, especially when she lives in a state where Republicans dominate politics. But I think for Kataluna's sake it would have been much better to room with Utah, who already is friends with her, goes to pride parades, and we know is accepting. Adding an unknown in there could end badly.

So it looks like roomies are probably alphabetical (Kentucky & Louisiana and New Mexico & New York for sure), so that means Kataluna is with Erika. I probably don't see anyone being openly cruel to her at Miss USA, but I definitely am worried that some people might pass judgement and not fully accept her for who she is, and she deserves a roommate that is as accepting as possible.

itsrowdy801
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Rowdy
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1994
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Customer Service @ Travel Startup
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, Comedy, Politics

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2021 // CANCUN WEEKEND

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:51 am

Jaishee wrote:
Kansas has this celebrity spunk vibe about her.
I think she'll be in the Top 5.

Kansas is the one who I think looks like a hot mess =;)) =;))

I really do not like her at all........
Queen of the Clouds
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Lawyer
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, music, film, politics, and parties

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:52 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:I heard a rumor a while ago that roommates will be done alphabetically this year (so Alabama with Alaska, Arizona with Arkansas, and so on) with the contestant who sells the most ad pages for the program getting her own room as the odd 51st delegate, and based on the Teen roommates together in Houston rn, it looks like that's going to be the case.

I kinda think that's bullshit. A lot of girls already know each other, from competing together in the past or being from the same directorship, etc. and it's a shame they don't have the option to room with someone they know if they want to, and also not getting a roommate sounds like kind of a bummer and I'm not sure if it really counts as a "prize". I'm sure some girls would like to be by themselves, but part of the fun of going to Miss USA is getting a roommate and getting to bond.

That's dumb, but if I'm being honest I don't really mind all that much. Assigned roommates may help the girls get to know others that they wouldn't otherwise have gotten as close with. I know that for me personally, my university did not let freshmen choose their roommates, it was all random, and I ended up becoming best friends with my roommate. I wouldn't have ever befriended her otherwise if I could have chosen a roommate because I know there was a 0% chance we would ever have appealed to each other on paper (I was a party girl, she was quiet and artsy lol), so sometimes forcing people into situations they may not be as comfortable with can work out, especially since all the '21 girls are already sister queens. Plus I'm fairly sure Miss France assigns their roommates this way as well, and it works out fine. What I do worry though is with Nevada, as I don't want her to get stuck with someone who isn't going to treat her as an equal. Not to stereotype, but Nebraska isn't really the most LGBT positive state in the country, and I don't know what Erika's personal beliefs are and am absolutely not accusing her, but it would have been nice if she could be with someone like Utah who she already knows and seems to get along well with.

I don't remember which Teens roomed with who in Houston, but I did notice a lot of it was alphabetical. With that being said though, part of me feels like I noticed the alphabetical roommates but then I saw a couple pairs who weren't and thought "oh so I guess it isn't all alphabetical." Of course I don't remember who and can't find anything about who roomed with who (I just remember specifically that South Carolina and Rhode Island did, which was alphabetical) so oh well. I do agree though that being the sole girl without a roommate doesn't really seem like a prize and actually seems very alienating. At least it'd be incentive to not drive yourself insane trying to win this challenge lol. I would prefer if being the lone girl was picked through a lottery, with a random girl getting chosen and then being asked if she wanted it or not. If she says no, it moves on to the next person, and so on until the girl picked wants to be alone.

That's a really good point. Erika is a registered Republican, which doesn't necessarily mean she's transphobic (I've considered registering as a Republican so I could vote for the more palatable candidates in Utah primaries for state office because let's be real - a Republican is going to win them either way and I'd rather have Romney over a Trumper, and y'all know I'm far from a Republican) but I really want Kataluna to have a roommate who accepts her for who she is.

Yeah this is just a sensitive issue and trans people are obviously not fully accepted in the US, especially in rural and conservative states like Nebraska. I would have wanted Rachel last year to have an accepting roommate (and I'm sure she did) and the sad reality is that LGBT people in the US are not universally accepted. I think people at the Miss USA Organization should take that in mind when doing the roommate pairings because putting Kataluna in a room with someone who may be transphobic would honestly probably ruin the experience for both of them.

Again, not accusing Erika of being transphobic at all, she is a Republican but of course being a Republican doesn't automatically make you a MAGA bigot, especially when she lives in a state where Republicans dominate politics. But I think for Kataluna's sake it would have been much better to room with Utah, who already is friends with her, goes to pride parades, and we know is accepting. Adding an unknown in there could end badly.

So it looks like roomies are probably alphabetical (Kentucky & Louisiana and New Mexico & New York for sure), so that means Kataluna is with Erika. I probably don't see anyone being openly cruel to her at Miss USA, but I definitely am worried that some people might pass judgement and not fully accept her for who she is, and she deserves a roommate that is as accepting as possible.

I've seen Nebraska and Nevada posting together and it looks like everything is all good thankfully.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby kurtij » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:57 am

DELAWARE

kurtij
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: m_cronin
Date of Birth: 27 Dec 1989
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Missosologist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: CURSING

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:02 pm

Jaishee wrote:

Honestly, if I put her background aside I'd like her way more, but she's done little to prove she's more interesting than "just an heiress" and I maintain that it's more important for her than anyone to show some vulnerability and try to foster a sense of relatability, because being from a family in the Forbes 400 isn't really relatable to very many people. It's dope that she's a legacy competitor, but so is Virginia and I like Virginia a lot more.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:05 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
Jaishee wrote:

Honestly, if I put her background aside I'd like her way more, but she's done little to prove she's more interesting than "just an heiress" and I maintain that it's more important for her than anyone to show some vulnerability and try to foster a sense of relatability, because being from a family in the Forbes 400 isn't really relatable to very many people. It's dope that she's a legacy competitor, but so is Virginia and I like Virginia a lot more.

Mean comment alert but I don't think she would have that Kansas title if she wasn't a billionaire heiress :D/ :D/

I mean, I remember watching Miss Kansas USA and thinking she was performing poorly, very pageant patty, but figured she'd win because of who she was, and then she won.

Now I still dislike her but it's just funny how one of the big issues is how she's not relatable meanwhile imo she wouldn't be where she is if she was lol.

Sorry Gracie you seem like the type who would stalk the forums to see what's being said about you but just being honest.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby yellowyam1 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:52 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
Jaishee wrote:

Mean comment alert but I don't think she would have that Kansas title if she wasn't a billionaire heiress :D/ :D/

I mean, I remember watching Miss Kansas USA and thinking she was performing poorly, very pageant patty, but figured she'd win because of who she was, and then she won.

Now I still dislike her but it's just funny how one of the big issues is how she's not relatable meanwhile imo she wouldn't be where she is if she was lol.

Sorry Gracie you seem like the type who would stalk the forums to see what's being said about you but just being honest.

This made me lol
yellowyam1

Real Life Name/Nick: nick
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1982
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: watching beauty pageants

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:02 am

Queen of the Clouds

Postby keyss » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:17 am

For someone that comes from a super-rich family, Miss Kansas sure loves wearing tacky and cheap-looking stuff. :%))
I would've thought she would be killing everybody with her fashions but NOPE. Dresses like a retired Las Vegas stripper.
keyss

Date of Birth: 29 Aug 1987
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: self employed
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: beauty

Postby qwertyu » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:32 am

Jaishee wrote:
yellowyam1 wrote:The girls are freaking gorgeous, best batch in the last 15 years

This one is one of the best batches yet I'm not sure if it's super best like the batches of 2011, 2012 and 2015 were.

i think 2008 and 2010 are the best! not really sure with 2011 and 2015, as there were obvious winners in those batches (Alyssa in 2011 and Olivia in 2015).

idk but this year's batch is giving me Miss USA during Trump era! the quality of girls is just topnotch!
qwertyu

Real Life Name/Nick: kevin
Date of Birth: 21 Jul 1989
Profession: something
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: something

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:06 am

keyss wrote:For someone that comes from a super-rich family, Miss Kansas sure loves wearing tacky and cheap-looking stuff. :%))
I would've thought she would be killing everybody with her fashions but NOPE. Dresses like a retired Las Vegas stripper.

For me she gives me major "rich mom with teenage daughters who's desperate to look and act like them." Lol. Lowkey I think that's what her actual mom is and she and her mom look identical so like it's not that far off imo lmao.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:11 am

New York:

Delaware:

Kansas:

Maryland (+Missouri):

Maine (+Crystle):

Washington (+Utah & South Dakota):

Illinois (+Pennsylvania, Kansas, Arkansas, & Hawaii):

Vanbros Girls (+Virginia):
Queen of the Clouds

Postby yellowyam1 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:45 am

The black ladies are so gorgeous wow
yellowyam1

Postby AUSTIN III » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:43 pm

While this is a solid batch, Kentucky and Florida to me are far ahead of other girls.
I also love Maryland and Illinois. Black girls are so strong.
Hawaii and NC are pleasant surprises.
AUSTIN III

Date of Birth: 17 Feb 1992
Profession: Social Relation,Education
Hobbies/Interests: Reading,Singing,Dancing....
Message: I measure my success with how many failures I have been through..

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:47 pm

AUSTIN III wrote:While this is a solid batch, Kentucky and Florida to me are far ahead of other girls.

Honestly - Hawaii and NC were kinda the opposite for me. I thought they'd be frontrunners when they were first crowned, but they've slipped on my list for me.

That said, if I'm doing a prediction, North Carolina would probably still be in my Top 5 because RPM is almost always represented in the Top 5 and I think she's the strongest RPM girl of the year, but if we're talking favorites she's a bit lower.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:41 pm

Apparently United Airlines sponsored the Cancun trip. Wild that Crystle has been able to secure an airline sponsor, and an airline as big as United no less. The MUO wishes.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:42 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
AUSTIN III wrote:While this is a solid batch, Kentucky and Florida to me are far ahead of other girls.

Honestly - Hawaii and NC were kinda the opposite for me. I thought they'd be frontrunners when they were first crowned, but they've slipped on my list for me.

That said, if I'm doing a prediction, North Carolina would probably still be in my Top 5 because RPM is almost always represented in the Top 5 and I think she's the strongest RPM girl of the year, but if we're talking favorites she's a bit lower.

NC is the opposite for me lol. I mean, I already liked her, but I thought she was impressing a lot in Cancun. If this was still IMG Miss USA I'd think she could win, but who knows what Crystle is looking for. I still like Hawaii but I think she's just a borderline placer.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby The Duchess » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:37 pm

I gotta be honest, im kind of excited for the Miss USA again
The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:46 pm

The Duchess wrote:I gotta be honest, im kind of excited for the Miss USA again

I'm always excited for Miss USA but I'm getting even more excited. But let's be real, I have been excited to have a new Miss USA since about 30 minutes into Asya's reign.
itsrowdy801

Postby yellowyam1 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:53 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:Apparently United Airlines sponsored the Cancun trip. Wild that Crystle has been able to secure an airline sponsor, and an airline as big as United no less. The MUO wishes.

Wow impressive
yellowyam1

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:40 am

Stop sleeping on Minnesota =c3 I get South Dakota 2018 energy from her, I can see her doing a surprise Top 5 too.

Queen of the Clouds

Postby pippo93 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:57 pm

I ABSOLUTELY WANT DELAWARE TO PLACE THIS YEAR :hx
pippo93

Date of Birth: 29 Sep 1993
Profession: Medical Doctor, Resident in Nephrology
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:58 pm

The Cancun trip is over and now we have to wait for 2 months 8->

Jonathan Nguyen

Real Life Name/Nick: Jonathan Nguyen
Date of Birth: 10 Aug 1997
Profession: Software Developer
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe and Miss World

Postby itsrowdy801 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:17 pm

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:The Cancun trip is over and now we have to wait for 2 months 8->

Also, the Cancun trip is over and we still don't know the plan for Miss Universe. I don't know why, but I was really expecting an announcement in Cancun because that's when I feel they should have announced it at the latest.

At a certain point, I'm going to take their silence as an answer, but I'm not sure when.
itsrowdy801

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:05 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
Jonathan Nguyen wrote:The Cancun trip is over and now we have to wait for 2 months 8->

Also, the Cancun trip is over and we still don't know the plan for Miss Universe. I don't know why, but I was really expecting an announcement in Cancun because that's when I feel they should have announced it at the latest.

At a certain point, I'm going to take their silence as an answer, but I'm not sure when.

I believe they already had a plan. At this point, i think moving the pageant to an earlier date is no longer an option. There are two options left: either appointing a representative (99.99% it’s gonna be Kim Layne) or rushing the 2021 winner to Israel right after the crowning. The first option seems more realistic but the second option is not impossible because we don’t know the exact official date of Miss Universe 2021 yet. It could be a later date in December.

Jonathan Nguyen

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:09 pm

Jonathan Nguyen

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:37 pm

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

I believe they already had a plan. At this point, i think moving the pageant to an earlier date is no longer an option. There are two options left: either appointing a representative (99.99% it’s gonna be Kim Layne) or rushing the 2021 winner to Israel right after the crowning. The first option seems more realistic but the second option is not impossible because we don’t know the exact official date of Miss Universe 2021 yet. It could be a later date in December.

1. If Miss Universe 2021 ends up being in late December, I'll believe that they're rushing the winner to Israel to compete with barely any training or preparation.

2. If Miss Universe 2021 is at the current rumored date (Dec 12th) or a week back (Dec 19th), then I have no idea how Miss USA 2021 would compete because according to the media reports the pageant will start three weeks before that date and Miss USA will not be crowned in time for registration. An appointment would have to happen or there'd be just no American representative.

3. If Miss Universe 2021 is held at the current rumored date or a week back, BUT the pre-pageant activities are canceled or severely limited, then maybe Miss USA 2021 would have time to get there before it's too late. I've heard that the situation in Israel is getting worse, and it appears like Andrea's trip to Israel that was planned for August never ended up happening, so I wouldn't be shocked if our three week Miss Universe turns into a one week Miss Universe.

I think these are the three options, two and three seem more likely than one to me, and two would require a replacement while three wouldn't. We'll see what happens.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:09 pm

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

1. If Miss Universe 2021 ends up being in late December, I'll believe that they're rushing the winner to Israel to compete with barely any training or preparation.

2. If Miss Universe 2021 is at the current rumored date (Dec 12th) or a week back (Dec 19th), then I have no idea how Miss USA 2021 would compete because according to the media reports the pageant will start three weeks before that date and Miss USA will not be crowned in time for registration. An appointment would have to happen or there'd be just no American representative.

3. If Miss Universe 2021 is held at the current rumored date or a week back, BUT the pre-pageant activities are canceled or severely limited, then maybe Miss USA 2021 would have time to get there before it's too late. I've heard that the situation in Israel is getting worse, and it appears like Andrea's trip to Israel that was planned for August never ended up happening, so I wouldn't be shocked if our three week Miss Universe turns into a one week Miss Universe.

I think these are the three options, two and three seem more likely than one to me, and two would require a replacement while three wouldn't. We'll see what happens.

I'm not totally convinced that it's impossible to send the next Miss USA to Miss Universe. If it's a) on December 19th and b) the pageant is just short of three weeks, I can see it happening. If she departs from Tulsa on the morning of the 30th, she'd land in Tel Aviv on the morning of the 1st and be in Eilat by early afternoon. I can see them referring to a 19-day pageant as "three weeks" rounding up to the nearest week.

My main question regarding this is how much leeway will MUO give Miss USA? Of course they're now separate organizations, but a) they're a powerhouse, and b) MUO is still headquartered in the United States and staffed mostly by Americans, so they could possibly cut Miss USA some slack, and make the schedule with them in mind, or allow Miss USA to show up a day or two late for registration. Yeah, they didn't let Sierra Leone do it, but Sierra Leone isn't a very successful country at Miss Universe and likely doesn't pay MUO the big bucks in franchise fees.

Several countries have already pulled out of Miss Universe, due to the pandemic and the controversy surrounding host country, I don't know how keen MUO will be on shooing more delegates away.
itsrowdy801

Postby missfinlandia » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:41 pm

Indiana

Massachusetts

Montana

Texas

missfinlandia

Real Life Name/Nick: MissSuomi
Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1913
Profession: This and that
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Shopping

Postby itsrowdy801 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:09 pm

I keep liking Utah more and more

itsrowdy801

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe