██QARLO'S 21 PICKS - MISS UNIVERSE OF THE NEW NORMAL

██QARLO'S 21 PICKS - MISS UNIVERSE OF THE NEW NORMAL

Postby Qarlo » Sat May 15, 2021 7:01 am

The finals of the 69th edition of the Miss Universe Pageant is just around the corner, and I am just grateful that, FINALLY, the pageant gods are letting us have this most-awaited beauty pageant in spite of this cursed pandemic! After watching the preliminaries and observing the girls through their social media accounts, here are my 'personal' choices for the top 20 + 1 !

*Close calls: Panama, Dominican Republic, Curacao, Colombia

*TOP 21*

21. PHILIPPINES. I know I'm going to be hated for this, but her placement could rightfully be through the fan voting system, cos why not? Filipinos are the greatest pageant fans ever! Rabiya is giving a good fight for her pageant-crazed fans, but it's apparent how she cracks under pressure after that socmed uproar for her national costume. That yellow evening gown during preliminaries was a letdown, TBH, but I do hope her team has another evening gown for her once she makes it to the top 10, cos I'm sure she'll make it through after a booby-licious swimsuit performance. She could be Miss Congeniality, too (if ever there will be one) for being the most approachable and sought-after girl by her fellow-contestants.

20. BRAZIL. Julia gave one of the most solid preliminary performances aside from being very outgoing and making efforts in acknowledging pageant fans who adore her. The placement streak continues for Brazil!

19. ROMANIA. Girl knows how to flirt in front of the cameras and comes off really sweet and welcoming to everyone. With an international pageant experience under her belt, Bianca did deliver the goods during preliminaries.

18. LAOS. Lovely Christina! So easy on the eyes with that undeniable pretty face. Could be one of the pleasant surprises come the finals if she makes it to the first cut.

17. ARGENTINA. The other Alina laughed at by another Alina prior to the competition, but boy, she proved 'em wrong and is actually one of the better girls during preliminaries. It's as if I am watching a 'Miss Venezuela' on stage, and Osmel's mentorship really paid off.

16. RUSSIA. Let's cut this girl some slack from that IG post incident cos we all, at some point, ridiculed others too, especially in this cutthroat pageant industry, where everyone is under scrutiny based on looks. Alina, easily, is way up there in terms of beauty and I am always gobsmacked looking at her face.

15. Nicaragua. I can't forgive myself for not paying that much attention to Ana until the preliminaries, and she turned out to be even better than the other perceived Latina frontrunner/s in the competition.

14. INDONESIA. My liking for Ayu did not dispel even if her fans are so exasperating to argue with on social media. She might not speak english that well, but the pleasing personality shines through. Indonesia is getting there in terms of preparation for their girls, and Ayu could keep Indonesia's momentum in Miss Universe.

13. AUSTRALIA. Maria may be the shortest contestant this year, but it did not stop her in making her presence known in this competition. Her eloquence is topnotch and could stand alongside the tallest contestants with ease.

12. NEPAL. Although Anshika made unnecessary pageant-patty gestures on stage, this svelte and sophisticated contender has the makings of a finalist, with an endearing disposition to boot.

11. VENEZUELA. Mariangel has qualities quite different from her more flamboyant predecessors as she comes of modest and unassuming. This girl speaks from experience and it's probably what made her more relatable when she speaks, and although she was rather, lowkey during preliminaries, her red gown was a standout.

10. VIETNAM. Always all-smiles, Tran lights up the room whenever she's around and evidently, she also shines with splendor on stage!

9. MYANMAR. The girl with a strong message. Thuzar stands up on stage not only as a pageant contestant, but for her country under turmoil. She's been through a series of obstacles from making it to Miss Universe to losing her luggage, but this did not stop her from being one of the actual frontrunners of Asia. Her success will also be everyone's success at the pageant especially to those who helped her out after losing her wardrobe for the pageant.

8. MEXICO. Andrea is already a household name in pageants even before she got crowned in her country to compete for Miss Universe and she is always on everyone's radar. Her solid preliminary performance sealed the deal for her and she is indeed one of the sure-shot finalists.

7. SOUTH AFRICA. Natasha made me realize how she's even more beautiful than Zozi and Demi combined when on stage. She has the most mesmerizing eyes and is so captivating on stage. I'm not a fan of velvet gowns and evening gloves, but she sure did werk it!

6. INDIA. The girl who lived to tell the story. I am just glad that she made it to the competition after surviving Covid and coming from the devastating effects of this disease in her country. Adline reminds me of great Miss Universe winners from India in the way she carries herself and the way she handles interviews. If she makes it to top 5, there's no stopping her from winning the crown.

5. PERU. Peru has been making grounds in Miss Universe as of late and took advantage of this and sent a spectacular candidate like Janick. Another well-rounded contestant, one wrong step from other equally competitive girls, and she's prepared to make it all the way to the crown.

4. USA. Asya upped her game when it mattered to most. I am seeing much vibe of the late Chelsi Smith in her and her spontaneity is off the charts. She'll be even more amazing as a spokesperson in a global scale when she wins the title.

3. THAILAND. Another contestant who really knows when to peak, Amanda never disappoints whenever she steps on the Miss Universe stage. She'd probably make it to the top 5, and when she does, she better compose herself well and be more coherent and not make the same misstep of her predecessors who reached the Q n' A round.

2. JAMAICA. Perfection. Miqueal-Symone is stellar. I have nothing but admiration for her after what she has shown during preliminaries, and I am sure that by now, the judges are already fixated on her. THE best in evening gown presentation of the night.

1. PUERTO RICO. After placing as finalist in two consecutive years, it's high-time for Puerto Rico to win another Miss Universe title apart from the idea of having a Latina winner again post-Trump era. Estefania could rightfully earn this. She is captivating to watch on stage and I could go in listening to her all-day when she speaks. On stage, she's just living the moment and is having a great time! What exciting reign she'd have when she actually wins as she could bring the Latina flare back in Miss Universe!

Thank you for reading and looking forward to our New Miss Universe of the new normal. Happy Miss Universe Weekend, ya’ll! :!!

(click image)
Qarlo
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 06 Aug 1980
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: pet groomer
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: cats & dogs
Message: The foundations of freedom are edged on solid ground.

Re: ██QARLO'S 21 PICKS - MISS UNIVERSE OF THE NEW NORMAL

Postby song1 » Sat May 15, 2021 7:07 am

your graphic of the girls dancing to single ladies is so cute!!! :hx
song1
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: None
Hobbies/Interests: i like to fly

Postby Qarlo » Sat May 15, 2021 7:10 am

song1 wrote:your graphic of the girls dancing to single ladies is so cute!!! :hx

Thank you :-*
(click image)
Qarlo

Postby Gryffindor_prince » Sat May 15, 2021 7:12 am

I agree Puerto Rico is the rightful winner for the Miss Universe crown, I love her simplicity( not trying to be a diva on stage and interviews) , very diplomatic speaker, she is the tall version of Lupita Jones.
Last edited by Gryffindor_prince on Sat May 15, 2021 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
EL TOCUYO PHILIPPINES
Gryffindor_prince
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Date of Birth: 14 Aug 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Artist
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: nonenone

Postby Qarlo » Sat May 15, 2021 7:14 am

Gryffindor_prince wrote:I agree Puerto Rico is rightful winner for the Miss Universe crown, I love her simplicity( not trying to be a diva on stage and interviews) , very diplomatic speaker, she is the tall version of Lupita Jones.

VERY MUCH SO =c3
She is the total package. Let's give it to Puerto Rico >=p
(click image)
Qarlo

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Sat May 15, 2021 7:59 am

We watched altogether last night. It was fun. We gave 3/5. I am not a fan of Thailand and I was rooting for PR but Thailand won me over last night. Both PR and Thailand were flawless, but Thailand is younger looking, and I saw that “it factor”. I was not on the Amanda train for so long as I thought she is just nothing but hype and could be another copycat from Thailand, yet gosh, her mere presence is screaming Miss Universe. It’s about time to give Thailand another win. I hope she delivers in the Q and A. Otherwise USA and South Africa or Mexico or USA might steal that crown from her.

UNO - God of Beauty
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Uno
Date of Birth: 13 Jun 1984
Profession: Airline Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: surfin, travelin

Postby Qarlo » Sat May 15, 2021 8:10 am

UNO - God of Beauty wrote:We watched altogether last night. It was fun. We gave 3/5. I am not a fan of Thailand and I was rooting for PR but Thailand won me over last night. Both PR and Thailand were flawless, but Thailand is younger looking, and I saw that “it factor”. I was not on the Amanda train for so long as I thought she is just nothing but hype and could be another copycat from Thailand, yet gosh, her mere presence is screaming Miss Universe. It’s about time to give Thailand another win. I hope she delivers in the Q and A. Otherwise USA and South Africa or Mexico or USA might steal that crown from her.

I wanted to put Amanda as my winner, but had qualms about her interview skills. Nevertheless, I will be just as happy if she wins.
(click image)
Qarlo

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Sat May 15, 2021 10:55 am

The animated graphics are so cute and fun. Great list.

Jonathan Nguyen
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jonathan Nguyen
Date of Birth: 10 Aug 1997
Profession: Software Developer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe and Miss World

Postby Qarlo » Sat May 15, 2021 12:55 pm

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:The animated graphics are so cute and fun. Great list.

Thank you. :hx
(click image)
Qarlo

Postby Beta » Sun May 16, 2021 2:07 pm

thanks for sharing, Qarlo! I've always valued your opinion, which are always spot on! With boss-biatch duties taking most, if not ALL of my time, I appreciate your input to help me get up to speed :-* :-*

My bet for Miss Universe is Miqueal, as I feel she is the complete package - GORGEOUS (with AND without makeup)!, tall, poised, intelligent -- In addition, she has the one quality about her that is rare among candidates in a cut-throat competition: the ability to convey inner strength and confidence in a genuine and humble way.

I'm also happy to see Estafania as your top bet! She really impressed me when she competed against Madison, but I wasn't convinced she would be able to surpass her. However, after reading your assessment, I've gone back and looked at her progress --- which was stellar at that! In light of this, I think she'll make and awesome Miss Universe as well!

As far as Rabiya - she is gorgeous -- but like i said, this is a cut-throat competition. Grace under pressure is a very positive attribute and skill and she needs to hone this.
Beta
ANGELS are the nicest persons of the forum.

Date of Birth: 30 Jul 2008
Profession: BOSS
Hobbies/Interests: EVERYTHING

Postby Beta » Sun May 16, 2021 2:09 pm

BTW - the dancing girls are adorbs!! >=p >=p
Beta

Date of Birth: 30 Jul 2008
Profession: BOSS
Hobbies/Interests: EVERYTHING

Postby wingsofnightingale » Sun May 16, 2021 2:25 pm

Dear Qarlo,

As always you've the BEST thread amongst all the experts. I love the commentaries and the entire presentation.

My take:
1. Philippines is placed too low.
2. I am not sure about PR. I still need to be convinced by my close friend Nina :-*
wingsofnightingale
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.

Real Life Name/Nick: Alston
Date of Birth: 04 Dec 1989
Profession: Fashion editor
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Goddesses

Postby Qarlo » Sun May 16, 2021 10:15 pm

Beta wrote:BTW - the dancing girls are adorbs!! >=p >=p

Thank you. So excited for later. May the best and most deserving girl win
(click image)
Qarlo

Postby Qarlo » Sun May 16, 2021 10:17 pm

wingsofnightingale wrote:Dear Qarlo,

As always you've the BEST thread amongst all the experts. I love the commentaries and the entire presentation.

My take:
1. Philippines is placed too low.
2. I am not sure about PR. I still need to be convinced by my close friend Nina :-*

=;)) you are back and so glad you're able to read this review. Missing the old times here :%((
(click image)
Qarlo

Return to Miss Universe