2016 MISS UNIVERSE Highlights - THE CARIBBEANS

All TOP QUALITY threads of Missosology

2016 MISS UNIVERSE Highlights - THE CARIBBEANS

Postby ultralight_jm » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:19 pm

Hello everyone! Before we start 2017 with the much awaited Miss Universe competition in the Philippines, let's get to know some of the girls! For this thread, I think it'll be a great topic to talk about them. Most of these countries have less sash factor but damn are showing their worth in the competition - THE CARIBBEANS! These girls I think have a lot to offer in Miss Universe! These girls embody beauty and brains and are ready to conquer the spots in the Top 15! My basis for the critiques are from the photos, videos on their national pageant and interviews. And so may I present to you, the Caribbeans of this year's competition are:

(L-R) Charlene Leslie, Cherell Williamson, Shannon Harris, Erika Creque, Chanelle De Lau

(L-R) Sal Garcia, Raquel Pellisier, Isabel Dalley, Brenda Jimenez, Carolyn Carter

Last edited by ultralight_jm on Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ultralight_jm
TROOPERS are COOL people.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jiieem
Date of Birth: 09 Aug 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Chef
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Playing Computer, Surfing the Net, Blogging.

Re: 2016 MISS UNIVERSE Highlights - THE CARIBBEANS

Postby ultralight_jm » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:19 pm

Leslie, having a degree in Nutrition and Dietetic plus being into track and field, is certainly ready for a pageant! The Active and Healthy Lifestyle of Leslie would already prove that she's someone that people must look for! I personally think that Leslie is one of the best Miss Aruba crowned in the past decade! In her recent photos, you can already see the queen in her! By queen I mean, very regal-looking and refined! Considering that Miss Universe is looking for a spokesperson as well, I do hope that she's good speaker. I am sold by her advocacy - "To educate and lower the prevalence of obesity and lifestyle diseases worldwide." which I think is relevant and timely too. I hope she has prepared well for the bloodbath! On her walk, I think she needs to give more commanding appeal when she does her catwalk. If she's aiming for a simple walk, I expect her to make that walk memorable! The last time Aruba placed was on 1996 - Taryn Mansell placing FIRST RUNNER-UP! From first runner-up to WINNER this year? Right styling, a good wardrobe, great communication skills, who knows, a crown contender might come out! Go for it Charlene!

One word to describe Williamson is that she's "artsy"! The thing about artists that there works are so surprising in the most spectacular way! Williamson wasn't my favorite during their national pageant. Probably she's shown something special that makes her standout! Facially, she might not be the best but I think her stage presence is somewhat strong. She's one of the 6 footers of this years competition and I think with her height, she'll make it as her advantage to stand out from the 80 girls! The fact alone that she's an entrepreneur, an artist and a model, it just shows that Cherell seems to be the whole package! If Cherell wants to clinch a spot, I guess she'll have to nail that closed door interview and to be interactive in all the events. The record of Bahamas in Miss Universe is that they haven't placed yet. But has won the special awards such as Miss Congeniality and Miss Photogenic. And it's quite amazing that she's going to celebrate her birthday in the competition! Will it be her birthday wish to be Miss Universe? And if so, will it be granted? Best of luck Cherell!
Last edited by ultralight_jm on Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:53 pm, edited 8 times in total.
ultralight_jm

Postby ultralight_jm » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:20 pm

Harris, who is an international model, is I think by far the torchbearer of the Caribbean girls! During her national pageant, I bet the pageant fans all over the universe already saw her as a winner! She has an amazing body. A well-proportioned body I'd say! Based from Harris' photos, I think she has to step out a bit on model world coz pageantry is different from modelling. Yes, she's an amazing model, I can see her as part of IMG or any big modelling agencies. But a beauty queen, I am not seeing it at the moment. She has to smile to the camera, be interactive, sociable person. One thing I like about this girl is that she lets her "natural Caribbean" beauty radiate which I think is a plus! Her walk is absolutely strong. Her stage presence is something to look forward to! If she's trying to be in the line of Kaneisha Sluis, then she has to work hard to be a BEAUTY QUEEN. In terms of her works/advocacy, she has to work more on it, let it be known more. She might be the FIRST from her country to place!

The fact alone that British Virgin Islands has never placed in Miss Universe means that they have to send a very strong contestant. By strong I mean, fitted for Miss Universe in all aspects! From a small Caribbean island, I think British Virgin Islands has a lot to show to world! With Erika Creque as their representative, I think that she'll do well and will have the time of her life. From her profile, I'd say she's an empowered woman working with lots of projects especially for the environment which she is very passionate about. If that's the case, then she might want to try Miss Earth too! She's 5'6 which seems to be below the normal height in pageantry. But thing about people from the Caribbean is that they are so tied to their culture especially on FESTIVALS which they interact a lot. And I think, that might be Erika's edge. She might not be tall, but she'll let her personality make her standout!
Last edited by ultralight_jm on Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ultralight_jm

This stunning 5'11 girl is trying to keep the momentum going for Curacao! Kaneisha Sluis lighted the torch for the Caribbeans! Curacao has placed in Miss Universe 5 times! The latest one was last year - TOP 10 by Kaneisha Sluis! Now, Chanelle is in the hopes to claim the crown for Curacao and I think she can do it! I scanned her page and it seems that she's attracting Filipino pageant fans as early as now which I think a good thing. At this point, I am only concerned about her personality coz in their personality interview in her national pageant, I sensed the shyness still which I think when she's in event, she just might fade in the background. I want to see her lively and if she wants to stand out, her curly hair could do the work! The thing about Chanelle is that she can transform to any look she wants to, but she has to be careful coz some looks makes her plain and dry looking. I think what sealed Kaneisha's fate was her presentation during closed door, I loved her intro video! If Chanelle wants to make her country proud, let her advocacy - "Working with many people and organizations around the world to use her voice to advocate for cancer awareness and prevention" be known coz I think it's a strong one and many will support it!

Among the Caribbean countries, Dominican Republic I think is by far the country placing in Miss Universe for a number of times! With Clarissa Molina last year reaching to the top 10! The last time they won the crown was in 2003 by AMELIA VEGA! Now, having Sal Garcia as their representative, I am excited for this girl! She could either make DR's placement higher or lower! This 5'11 model has a great stage presence! Her walk is such a commander! Full of spunk! She might need to work on her poses at the end of walk, that's just my concern. I hope her energy is high as like Clarissa Molina! And with the right styling, she'll look absolutely stunning! She needs to be aware about her look because sometimes in pictures, she might look old and dry. The thing about Sal is that she already knows the balance between a model and a beauty queen. And I have high hopes for this girl coz everyone is eyeing on her!
Last edited by ultralight_jm on Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ultralight_jm

Raquel represented Haiti in Reina Hispanoamericana 2016 where she was 3rd Runner-Up. And I think that pageant prepped her up for Miss Universe. One thing I noticed about her is that she's photogenic! And I really can say that she's beautiful! I've seen some of her videos where she has less make up, and I absolutely her natural beauty! And to think she is also 5'11 which I think will work to her advantage! I expect her to standout. Why? Because the fact that she's QUADRILINGUAL she can communicate to most of the girls! I don't want her to be aloof or just fade in the background and enjoying the food or what. Also, this girl has great advocacy too - She is working on a research project on the regeneration of the optic nerve. She hopes to become the first Miss Universe to find a cure for blindness. But sometimes, I find her built especially on her upper body wide, so she has to know the angles that makes her look sexy. Haiti placed in Miss Universe TWICE. The last time they placed was during 1975 where they were FIRST RUNNER-UP.

One thing you have to know about Isabel is that she's YOUNG and she's SUPER TALL! At 20 years old and is 6'2, Isabel is such a joy to watch! Yes she's young, but she can just turn that sweet princess to a regal queen! She's a busy titleholder I'd say, she's been gracing different event in Jamaica and these events aren't ordinary events! These events are for a cause! If her personality wouldn't be bland, then she might place in the semis. Also, I praise her styling team for making her not look baby face. She looks mature, just the right amount of maturity. One area I am most concerned is her catwalk, based from the videos, it lacks swaying of the hips, uncoordinated hand movements at the side, slight slouched. That needs a lot of work! And I hope she's well aware of it. If she's gonna have Yendi Philipps' commanding appeal and Kaci Fenell's fierceness, then she'd be a bomb! Jamaica placed 6 times in Miss Universe. And over the last decade placed twice in the top 5!
Last edited by ultralight_jm on Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ultralight_jm

Postby ultralight_jm » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:21 pm

Brenda, who stands 5'10 and is an honors student for Biology and Psychology, just shows that she's both beauty and brains. Puerto Rico is also one of the Caribbean countries that is successful in Miss Universe. But recently, it seems that they have lost their spark! The last time they placed was in 2013 - Monic Perez. And the last time they won a crown was in 2006 - Zuleyka Rivera. What seems to be the downfall of the reps in the past years? I think that the past years they send girls who are overly rated. They sent girls who are overly fierce and sometimes the styling doesn't seem right. Now, Brenda has a fresh, young face, and yes brains too! I hope she won't be a waste on this year's competition. But it seems like she's not shining right now? Is she trying to be secretive? Trying to surprise the fans in a good way? Well, I'm eyeing on Brenda this time. I am expecting her to bring back Puerto Rico to the mat!

At the age of 26, Carolyn would have to be the most experienced contestant from this batch. After competing in Miss World, Miss Supranational and Miss Earth, Miss Universe will be the final stretch of Carolyn's life as a beauty queen. It has been a long time since US VI placed in Miss Universe, all the way back to 1971 and US VI won the Miss Congeniality award 3 times. If you followed her social media accounts, Carolyn has been preparing so hard for Miss Universe. By preparations I mean, Catwalk Training with Lu Cierra, Photoshoot Sessions with Joey Galon and Fadil Berisha, Make Up Training with Yuko Takahashi! She has been also doing a lot of travelling and attending charity events such as US Conference on AIDS, SmileTrain, Bela Musola and a lot more! Since she's a style blogger, we must look forward to her stylish day to day OOTDs! The challenge of Carolyn in Miss Universe is that she'd show a youthful glow and she'd be sociable to everyone. She has to find a way to stand out as well! I think Carolyn could pull a semis slot if she's gonna play her cards well. And also, Carolyn's gonna celebrate her birthday in the span of the competition! Will her wish be granted? Could she bring pride to US VI?
Last edited by ultralight_jm on Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ultralight_jm

Postby ultralight_jm » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:21 pm

Who among the Caribbeans will secure a spot in the top 15? Who do you think might be a potential crown contender? Will a Caribbean girl win Miss Universe this year?

And who will be the representative of Cayman Islands this year?
ultralight_jm

Postby 2Rahtid » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:59 am

This is a very good review. Cant wait. Jamaica, Barbados?
2Rahtid
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1981
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Swimmming

Postby ultralight_jm » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:58 am

2Rahtid wrote:This is a very good review. Cant wait. Jamaica, Barbados?
Thank you so much! :!!
Jamaica and Barbados have a lot of potential! :=p
ultralight_jm

Postby bakekang » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:10 am

This is a good read JM! It was straight to the point. Nice research too. Your words are so delicate. From this region, I am rooting for Barbados the most and I agree woth you that she is more of a model than a beauty queen. Second would be a tossed up between Curacao and Dominican Republic, with a slight edge for Curacao. And I also agree with what you've said about her, her personality seems to be half baked. Hope she blooms very soon.

Congrats for an awesome thread, JM!
bakekang
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Carla
Date of Birth: 28 Nov 1983
Profession: Designer
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Design

Postby Neonic » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:23 am

A very high level here in the caribbean sea!!

Definitely, this year we can easily get a top 2 from this part of the continent, such a very competitive batch of ladies!
Neonic

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2017
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Space Tourism, Traveling, Saxo.

Postby ultralight_jm » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:25 am

bakekang wrote:
    This is a good read JM! It was straight to the point. Nice research too. Your words are so delicate. From this region, I am rooting for Barbados the most and I agree woth you that she is more of a model than a beauty queen. Second would be a tossed up between Curacao and Dominican Republic, with a slight edge for Curacao. And I also agree with what you've said about her, her personality seems to be half baked. Hope she blooms very soon.

Congrats for an awesome thread, JM!
Thank you so much, B! :!! I'm glad you love the thread! Yes, if Barbados would show up as a beauty queen when the competition starts, then might as well a top 5 placement! Curacao needs not to put so much pressure on herself after Kaneisha's amazing performance last year. She just has to be herself! :=p
ultralight_jm

Postby obrigado » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:07 am

Nice thread! I too Am concerned about Miss Jamaica's walk. Otherwise, a good contender. For me, Barbados is leading in the Caribbean but I see a few potential finalists.
obrigado
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: obrigado
Date of Birth: 22 Nov 1975
Profession: fashion merchandiser
Hobbies/Interests: fashion, tennis, travel

Postby ultralight_jm » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:45 am

obrigado wrote:Nice thread! I too Am concerned about Miss Jamaica's walk. Otherwise, a good contender. For me, Barbados is leading in the Caribbean but I see a few potential finalists.
Thank yoouu!! :!!
ultralight_jm

Postby NHOIE_GEE » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:30 am

Possible Placers: Dominican Republic, Aruba and Barbados

NHOIE_GEE
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Nhoie
Date of Birth: 08 Oct 1987
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Profession: Bum
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Hobbies/Interests: Net and watching TV Shows

Postby Puertorican_fuego » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:39 am

Bahamas, Haiti and Puerto Rico are the standouts in this group for me. >=p Good luck ladies
Puertorican_fuego
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Date of Birth: 10 Dec 1990
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: DIVA
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Illusion of Glamour

Postby Leo1 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:12 pm

This is a quality thread. We need more of this on the forum. :7

The Cayman Islands will be represented by Monyque Brooks. The same girl who represented Cayman in Miss world.
Leo1

Date of Birth: 11 May 1994
Profession: NOB
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Volleyball

Postby carlosCQ03 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:46 pm

This year many candidates are very nice.
The caribbean are very fond of

Someone can do me a favor and send me the miss universe 2009 complete and if it is in HD much better thank you I thank you
carlosCQ03
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Carlos Quiroz
Date of Birth: 03 Jan 1995
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: dance

Postby Frank Speech » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:01 pm

Jamaica & Curacao are my faves from the Caribbean this year. DR, Aruba and PR look interesting also.
Frank Speech
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 10 Jul 1980
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Research
Hobbies/Interests: internet, movies, music

Postby Wojtek » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:06 am

Great job! :=p

My favs from Caribbean region are Barbados and Curacao. They both are top 10 material or even top 5 8->
Wojtek
TOP MODELS are BEAUTIFUL people.
TOP MODELS are BEAUTIFUL people.

Real Life Name/Nick: Wojtek
Date of Birth: 02 Jun 1991
Profession: Mr Missosology 2014
Hobbies/Interests: Photography, Music, Movies, Traveling

Postby ultralight_jm » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:54 am

NHOIE_GEE wrote:Possible Placers: Dominican Republic, Aruba and Barbados
I agree!! :=p :=p
ultralight_jm

Postby ultralight_jm » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:54 am

Puertorican_fuego wrote:Bahamas, Haiti and Puerto Rico are the standouts in this group for me. >=p Good luck ladies
Who knows? The girls you've mention might surprise everyone! :!! :!!
ultralight_jm

Postby ultralight_jm » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:55 am

Leo1 wrote:
This is a quality thread. We need more of this on the forum. :7

The Cayman Islands will be represented by Monyque Brooks. The same girl who represented Cayman in Miss world.
Thank you so much! :!! :!!
Oh okay! I am just waiting for her profile in the Miss Universe website to be posted. =c3 =c3
ultralight_jm

Postby ultralight_jm » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:56 am

Frank Speech wrote:Jamaica & Curacao are my faves from the Caribbean this year. DR, Aruba and PR look interesting also.
Jamaica is such an adorable girl!!! :!! :!!
ultralight_jm

Postby ultralight_jm » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:56 am

Wojtek wrote:Great job! :=p

My favs from Caribbean region are Barbados and Curacao. They both are top 10 material or even top 5 8->
Thank yoouuu! They truly areee!!!
ultralight_jm

Postby ReinaKrystal » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:28 am

Listen this thread made my heart skip a beat. And also actually made me get a spark to comment again. Barbados actually doing it for me. Curacao is a bombshell and I also like PR. Happy Holidays everyone!!
ReinaKrystal

Date of Birth: 07 Jul 2011
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Marketing
Hobbies/Interests: so much so little time here

Postby yellowyam1 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:48 pm

Curacao , Jamaica, Barbados
yellowyam1

Real Life Name/Nick: nick
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1982