An Open Letter To My Dad On Father's Day




  • 0

An Open Letter To My Dad On Father's Day

Postby Prozac » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:06 am

    

Hey Dad! This is your day.

I know that being a father is not a piece of cake... it is indeed a no picnic, but despite all your difficulties, I knew
you have always done your best to put all our needs in front and your needs on the backburner.

I guess the stars were already aligned that one day we'll meet and see each other even before I was conceived. God
knew I want you in my life long before I did. And maybe He knew too you wanted me to be a part of your life long
before you realize it.

If there is something I wanted to tell you is that "I am proud of you for being my father". Papa, I can say this over
and over again without sounding melodramatic. I can tell the next-door busybody about it, and look what I am doing
now, I am telling the whole world about it without hesitation. I can post the note on my FB, at the back of your rotary
phone, or on my blog.

You have always taught me right from wrong, and you made me God-fearing above all. You gave me the wisdom to
respect others and gave me values that will guide me as I go on this journey of life. You taught me how to care ...
and you taught me how to love.

It would be a triple treat if grandfather could be here with us to celebrate too. I bet he’d be so proud to see the
dad you are to me. It would be fun if we could play tennis together, watch the NBA finals, or enjoy answering
Dingdong Dantes's kitschy and mawkish poll questions in Family Feud in our celebration of Father's Day.

And while we are at it. I wish to include my sons too. I know I have done everything in my power to be an awesome
father to them. I was a good provider, but that wasn't enough I guess. More often than not I am always blamed for
everything that is happening in their lives. They said they love me, pero bakit hindi ko mararamdaman?

Dad, I’ll be with you all day this Sunday for our special day. It’ll be just you and me in the graveyard. I know you can’t
talk and could not see me, but I’ve got a truckload of thank you’s to say and lots of hugs to give.

I love you, Dad. You’ve always been the best Dad for me.


User avatar
Prozac
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:45 am
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 979
Real Life Name/Nick: Butch
Date of Birth: 16 Mar 2016
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Hospital Worker
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: bully buster, fake news antidote
Message: If you see bizarre behaviors in you, seek professional help.

  • 0

Re: An Open Letter To My Dad On Father's Day

Postby esperasave » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:46 pm

Prozac wrote:Hey Dad! This is your day.

I know that being a father is not a piece of cake... it is indeed a no picnic, but despite all your difficulties, I knew
you have always done your best to put all our needs in front and your needs on the backburner.

I guess the stars were already aligned that one day we'll meet and see each other even before I was conceived. God
knew I want you in my life long before I did. And maybe He knew too you wanted me to be a part of your life long
before you realize it.

If there is something I wanted to tell you is that "I am proud of you for being my father". Papa, I can say this over
and over again without sounding melodramatic. I can tell the next-door busybody about it, and look what I am doing
now, I am telling the whole world about it without hesitation. I can post the note on my FB, at the back of your rotary
phone, or on my blog.

You have always taught me right from wrong, and you made me God-fearing above all. You gave me the wisdom to
respect others and gave me values that will guide me as I go on this journey of life. You taught me how to care ...
and you taught me how to love.

It would be a triple treat if grandfather could be here with us to celebrate too. I bet he’d be so proud to see the
dad you are to me. It would be fun if we could play tennis together, watch the NBA finals, or enjoy answering
Dingdong Dantes's kitschy and mawkish poll questions in Family Feud in our celebration of Father's Day.

And while we are at it. I wish to include my sons too. I know I have done everything in my power to be an awesome
father to them. I was a good provider, but that wasn't enough I guess. More often than not I am always blamed for
everything that is happening in their lives. They said they love me, pero bakit hindi ko mararamdaman?

Dad, I’ll be with you all day this Sunday for our special day. It’ll be just you and me in the graveyard. I know you can’t
talk and could not see me, but I’ve got a truckload of thank you’s to say and lots of hugs to give.

I love you, Dad. You’ve always been the best Dad for me.


Always Remind Your Dad to your Sons how wonderful He is in Your family so His Legacy will Live on in the next generations to come.
esperasave
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
 
Posts: 3758
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:24 am
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 1383
Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

  • 0

Re: An Open Letter To My Dad On Father's Day

Postby Prozac » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:17 pm

esperasave wrote:
Prozac wrote:Hey Dad! This is your day.

I know that being a father is not a piece of cake... it is indeed a no picnic, but despite all your difficulties, I knew
you have always done your best to put all our needs in front and your needs on the backburner.

I guess the stars were already aligned that one day we'll meet and see each other even before I was conceived. God
knew I want you in my life long before I did. And maybe He knew too you wanted me to be a part of your life long
before you realize it.

If there is something I wanted to tell you is that "I am proud of you for being my father". Papa, I can say this over
and over again without sounding melodramatic. I can tell the next-door busybody about it, and look what I am doing
now, I am telling the whole world about it without hesitation. I can post the note on my FB, at the back of your rotary
phone, or on my blog.

You have always taught me right from wrong, and you made me God-fearing above all. You gave me the wisdom to
respect others and gave me values that will guide me as I go on this journey of life. You taught me how to care ...
and you taught me how to love.

It would be a triple treat if grandfather could be here with us to celebrate too. I bet he’d be so proud to see the
dad you are to me. It would be fun if we could play tennis together, watch the NBA finals, or enjoy answering
Dingdong Dantes's kitschy and mawkish poll questions in Family Feud in our celebration of Father's Day.

And while we are at it. I wish to include my sons too. I know I have done everything in my power to be an awesome
father to them. I was a good provider, but that wasn't enough I guess. More often than not I am always blamed for
everything that is happening in their lives. They said they love me, pero bakit hindi ko mararamdaman?

Dad, I’ll be with you all day this Sunday for our special day. It’ll be just you and me in the graveyard. I know you can’t
talk and could not see me, but I’ve got a truckload of thank you’s to say and lots of hugs to give.

I love you, Dad. You’ve always been the best Dad for me.


Always Remind Your Dad to your Sons how wonderful He is in Your family so His Legacy will Live on in the next generations to come.


Thank you, Sir. I felt better already ... Father's Day is supposed to be a celebration of what our father has done to us.
It is the day we tell them how much they are appreciated. Now that he is gone, I wish I could ask him for some tips on how
to improve the strained relations I have with my sons. It is quite ironic I give a lot of advice to others but I am failing
miserably in the homefront. My sons are spoiled, and they don't want to change the status quo and how things stand.
User avatar
Prozac
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:45 am
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 979
Real Life Name/Nick: Butch
Date of Birth: 16 Mar 2016
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Hospital Worker
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: bully buster, fake news antidote
Message: If you see bizarre behaviors in you, seek professional help.

  • 0

Re: An Open Letter To My Dad On Father's Day

Postby Prozac » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:52 pm

Lest I forget ... happy Father's Day to all the fathers of the world. Enjoy this special day.
User avatar
Prozac
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:45 am
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 979
Real Life Name/Nick: Butch
Date of Birth: 16 Mar 2016
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Hospital Worker
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: bully buster, fake news antidote
Message: If you see bizarre behaviors in you, seek professional help.

  • 0

Re: An Open Letter To My Dad On Father's Day

Postby esperasave » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:01 pm

Prozac wrote:
esperasave wrote:
Prozac wrote:Hey Dad! This is your day.

I know that being a father is not a piece of cake... it is indeed a no picnic, but despite all your difficulties, I knew
you have always done your best to put all our needs in front and your needs on the backburner.

I guess the stars were already aligned that one day we'll meet and see each other even before I was conceived. God
knew I want you in my life long before I did. And maybe He knew too you wanted me to be a part of your life long
before you realize it.

If there is something I wanted to tell you is that "I am proud of you for being my father". Papa, I can say this over
and over again without sounding melodramatic. I can tell the next-door busybody about it, and look what I am doing
now, I am telling the whole world about it without hesitation. I can post the note on my FB, at the back of your rotary
phone, or on my blog.

You have always taught me right from wrong, and you made me God-fearing above all. You gave me the wisdom to
respect others and gave me values that will guide me as I go on this journey of life. You taught me how to care ...
and you taught me how to love.

It would be a triple treat if grandfather could be here with us to celebrate too. I bet he’d be so proud to see the
dad you are to me. It would be fun if we could play tennis together, watch the NBA finals, or enjoy answering
Dingdong Dantes's kitschy and mawkish poll questions in Family Feud in our celebration of Father's Day.

And while we are at it. I wish to include my sons too. I know I have done everything in my power to be an awesome
father to them. I was a good provider, but that wasn't enough I guess. More often than not I am always blamed for
everything that is happening in their lives. They said they love me, pero bakit hindi ko mararamdaman?

Dad, I’ll be with you all day this Sunday for our special day. It’ll be just you and me in the graveyard. I know you can’t
talk and could not see me, but I’ve got a truckload of thank you’s to say and lots of hugs to give.

I love you, Dad. You’ve always been the best Dad for me.


Always Remind Your Dad to your Sons how wonderful He is in Your family so His Legacy will Live on in the next generations to come.


Thank you, Sir. I felt better already ... Father's Day is supposed to be a celebration of what our father has done to us.
It is the day we tell them how much they are appreciated. Now that he is gone, I wish I could ask him for some tips on how
to improve the strained relations I have with my sons. It is quite ironic I give a lot of advice to others but I am failing
miserably in the homefront. My sons are spoiled, and they don't want to change the status quo and how things stand.


Instill, instill, instill your Good Propaganda to your children even if it's annoying to them but in the end it will worth it. They will remember those at all times. Tell them that it's good for them not yours.
esperasave
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
 
Posts: 3758
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:24 am
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 1383
Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

  • 0

Re: An Open Letter To My Dad On Father's Day

Postby Prozac » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:24 am

Aside from my father, there are still 2 Fathers that I want to say Thank You to this Father's Day.

1. One of them is God The Father - the greatest Father of them all. Father's Day should not be complete without
looking back at what He has done for us. He has created the sun, the moon, the stars, and the planet Earth where we
live in. He sent His son Jesus to redeem us from our sins and He has provided us with more than we could ever have
imagined. He has surrounded us with people who always look out for us. He has given us family and friends who bless
us every day with love and affection. God the Father should be part and parcel every year of celebrating Father's Day!

2. The second Father is my parish priest - my Father confessor, my Father rector, my second Father. He was everything
like my father - advisor, friend, attorney, mentor, coach, teacher, and counselor all rolled into one. He also was the one
who recruited me to be his sakristan.

In one of the Father's Day celebrations when I was younger Father priest has given me something to think about ... "you
know what you will do the next time Father's Day is approaching? Just look at the crucifix and you will see two letters
... when you think about all the Father you are grateful with. If you concentrate ... you will figure out those letters ."

"Two letters ... what are those letters?" I asked. "That is your homework and when you have the answer ... come back
to me."

I went home that day puzzled ... but I want to figure out the answer. So I did what I have to do and as soon as I fixed
my gaze at the crucifix at home ... the cross looked like the letter T ... so it seems. "Was that it ... and what's the second
letter?"I asked.

Then I saw Jesus' body with his hands hanging on the cross ... resembling that of the letter Y. "That's it!" I was so happy
the answers just fall fast in my lap.

I went straight to the convent to tell Father-priest that I solved the mind-boggler. TY was all I said.

"You are a smart kid ... and you figure it out. From this day forward I want you to be grateful to your Mom and Dad.
Say TY (Thank You) to everything they have done for you. Be appreciative of the little things they did for you and don't
have the mindset that these are their obligations ... and that they need to SERVE you. Think that they are doing this
because they love you. Go back to your house ... hug your Dad and say Thank You."

"It's the start. Now go out and spread the word."
User avatar
Prozac
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:45 am
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 979
Real Life Name/Nick: Butch
Date of Birth: 16 Mar 2016
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Hospital Worker
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: bully buster, fake news antidote
Message: If you see bizarre behaviors in you, seek professional help.

  • 0

Re: An Open Letter To My Dad On Father's Day

Postby beautywatchnyc » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:17 am


Referring to the 2nd "father" category, shout out to them all, may their tribe increase! But sorry to disappoint a few rotten tomatoes abound in the basket and woe to this kind. No sugar coating there but woe to the exploitative kindred ... I hate to point out the obvious. From a personal perspective, some things are better left unsaid!
User avatar
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
 
Posts: 9448
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 1:53 pm
Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Reputation: 13957
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy
Message: Need to reflect the other side of my citizenship

  • 0

Re: An Open Letter To My Dad On Father's Day

Postby Prozac » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:09 am

beautywatchnyc wrote:
Referring to the 2nd "father" category, shout out to them all, may their tribe increase! But sorry to disappoint a few rotten tomatoes abound in the basket and woe to this kind. No sugar coating there but woe to the exploitative kindred ... I hate to point out the obvious. From a personal perspective, some things are better left unsaid!


I can read between the lines ... despite your hesitancy to point out the obvious. Your reluctance to spill the
beans even made your vague statement even clearer, your palette painted a spectrum of pregnant images on
the canvas.

Despite your encounter with the few rotten tomatoes, there are still people in the clergy who I can say,
"you're safe with them". But the gossip and the whispers are just too loud now ... even the church hierarchy
could not contain it.

The once small bushfires is now a big forest blaze and it is spreading like wildfire the Church and the laity
should do something about it.
Last edited by Prozac on Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Prozac
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:45 am
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 979
Real Life Name/Nick: Butch
Date of Birth: 16 Mar 2016
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Hospital Worker
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: bully buster, fake news antidote
Message: If you see bizarre behaviors in you, seek professional help.

  • 0

Re: An Open Letter To My Dad On Father's Day

Postby beautywatchnyc » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:40 pm

Prozac wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:
Referring to the 2nd "father" category, shout out to them all, may their tribe increase! But sorry to disappoint a few rotten tomatoes abound in the basket and woe to this kind. No sugar coating there but woe to the exploitative kindred ... I hate to point out the obvious. From a personal perspective, some things are better left unsaid!


I can read between the lines ... despite your hesitancy to point out the obvious. Your reluctance to spill the
beans even made your vague statement even clearer, your palette painted a spectrum of images on the canvas.

Despite your encounter with the few rotten tomatoes, there are still people in the clergy who I can say,
"you're safe with them". But the gossip and the whispers are just too loud now ... even the church hierarchy
could not contain it.

The Church and the laity should do something about it.


This perhaps could be one reason why the faithful of the Church are decreasing as observed in their numbers lately. Aside from the blatant hypocrisy that is often noticeable among the ranks of the clergy, the Catholic laity sees an erosion in the cherished value of trust owing the questionable behaviour by some active members of the church hierarchy.
User avatar
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
 
Posts: 9448
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 1:53 pm
Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Reputation: 13957
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy
Message: Need to reflect the other side of my citizenship

  • 1

Re: An Open Letter To My Dad On Father's Day

Postby Prozac » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:21 pm

beautywatchnyc wrote:
Prozac wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:
Referring to the 2nd "father" category, shout out to them all, may their tribe increase! But sorry to disappoint a few rotten tomatoes abound in the basket and woe to this kind. No sugar coating there but woe to the exploitative kindred ... I hate to point out the obvious. From a personal perspective, some things are better left unsaid!


I can read between the lines ... despite your hesitancy to point out the obvious. Your reluctance to spill the
beans even made your vague statement even clearer, your palette painted a spectrum of images on the canvas.

Despite your encounter with the few rotten tomatoes, there are still people in the clergy who I can say,
"you're safe with them". But the gossip and the whispers are just too loud now ... even the church hierarchy
could not contain it.

The once small bushfires is now a big forest blaze and it is spreading like wildfire the Church and the laity
should do something about it.


This perhaps could be one reason why the faithful of the Church are decreasing as observed in their numbers lately. Aside from the blatant hypocrisy that is often noticeable among the ranks of the clergy, the Catholic laity sees an erosion in the cherished value of trust owing the questionable behaviour by some active members of the church hierarchy.


The Catholic Church has been rocked in recent years by thousands of reports of historic sexual scandals by
priests, and cover-ups by senior clergy, around the world.

The situation has gone worse that Vatican laws were changed to baring their fangs. It gave us the semblance
that the Pope had to change Roman Catholic laws to explicitly criminalized sexual abuse -toughen the Canon
Law and thereby police their ranks.

It is the biggest ecclesiastical law overhaul in the last 40 years.


User avatar
Prozac
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:45 am
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 979
Real Life Name/Nick: Butch
Date of Birth: 16 Mar 2016
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Hospital Worker
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: bully buster, fake news antidote
Message: If you see bizarre behaviors in you, seek professional help.

  • 0

Re: An Open Letter To My Dad On Father's Day

Postby beautywatchnyc » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:39 pm

Prozac wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:
Prozac wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:
Referring to the 2nd "father" category, shout out to them all, may their tribe increase! But sorry to disappoint a few rotten tomatoes abound in the basket and woe to this kind. No sugar coating there but woe to the exploitative kindred ... I hate to point out the obvious. From a personal perspective, some things are better left unsaid!


I can read between the lines ... despite your hesitancy to point out the obvious. Your reluctance to spill the
beans even made your vague statement even clearer, your palette painted a spectrum of images on the canvas.

Despite your encounter with the few rotten tomatoes, there are still people in the clergy who I can say,
"you're safe with them". But the gossip and the whispers are just too loud now ... even the church hierarchy
could not contain it.

The once small bushfires is now a big forest blaze and it is spreading like wildfire the Church and the laity
should do something about it.


This perhaps could be one reason why the faithful of the Church are decreasing as observed in their numbers lately. Aside from the blatant hypocrisy that is often noticeable among the ranks of the clergy, the Catholic laity sees an erosion in the cherished value of trust owing the questionable behaviour by some active members of the church hierarchy.


The Catholic Church has been rocked in recent years by thousands of reports of historic sexual scandals by
priests, and cover-ups by senior clergy, around the world.

The situation has gone worse that Vatican laws were changed to baring their fangs. It gave us the semblance
that the Pope had to change Roman Catholic laws to explicitly criminalized sexual abuse -toughen the Canon
Law and thereby police their ranks.

It is the biggest ecclesiastical law overhaul in the last 40 years.




The so called "overhaul" only took place after the fact. How many wrongs were done against the will of the uninitiated since the creation of those crimes? The laity lost count and the interest of pursuit remained like hapless wish over the years. The Vatican -- the single richest entity in the face of the world runs a well-oiled cover machinery and could be all noise but what actions have been put in place to really punish its erring flock? Those meted guilty will just "disappear" only to reappear in some obscure parishes down the road when the "heat" has died down. It's the same cycle repeated over and over through the millenia. The Pope ages, becomes senile, will be inactive for a while and soon dies. And the crimes committed by his flock during his watch dies with him. Tell me:- is there a world court order that could mete out fair and just punishment to those responsible for creating those heinous crimes? Keep the faith but sorry, the answer is NADA! And the commission and the blatant hypocrisy down the hierarchy reign supreme! Does anyone else care? The answer is clear! Even the faithful's silence is muted and will last forever! There goes the image of your "2nd" father.
User avatar
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
 
Posts: 9448
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 1:53 pm
Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Reputation: 13957
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy
Message: Need to reflect the other side of my citizenship

  • 0

Re: An Open Letter To My Dad On Father's Day

Postby Prozac » Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:22 am

beautywatchnyc wrote:
Prozac wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:
Prozac wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:
Referring to the 2nd "father" category, shout out to them all, may their tribe increase! But sorry to disappoint a few rotten tomatoes abound in the basket and woe to this kind. No sugar coating there but woe to the exploitative kindred ... I hate to point out the obvious. From a personal perspective, some things are better left unsaid!


I can read between the lines ... despite your hesitancy to point out the obvious. Your reluctance to spill the
beans even made your vague statement even clearer, your palette painted a spectrum of images on the canvas.

Despite your encounter with the few rotten tomatoes, there are still people in the clergy who I can say,
"you're safe with them". But the gossip and the whispers are just too loud now ... even the church hierarchy
could not contain it.

The once small bushfires is now a big forest blaze and it is spreading like wildfire the Church and the laity
should do something about it.


This perhaps could be one reason why the faithful of the Church are decreasing as observed in their numbers lately. Aside from the blatant hypocrisy that is often noticeable among the ranks of the clergy, the Catholic laity sees an erosion in the cherished value of trust owing the questionable behaviour by some active members of the church hierarchy.


The Catholic Church has been rocked in recent years by thousands of reports of historic sexual scandals by
priests, and cover-ups by senior clergy, around the world.

The situation has gone worse that Vatican laws were changed to baring their fangs. It gave us the semblance
that the Pope had to change Roman Catholic laws to explicitly criminalized sexual abuse -toughen the Canon
Law and thereby police their ranks.

It is the biggest ecclesiastical law overhaul in the last 40 years.




The so called "overhaul" only took place after the fact. How many wrongs were done against the will of the uninitiated since the creation of those crimes? The laity lost count and the interest of pursuit remained like hapless wish over the years. The Vatican -- the single richest entity in the face of the world runs a well-oiled cover machinery and could be all noise but what actions have been put in place to really punish its erring flock? Those meted guilty will just "disappear" only to reappear in some obscure parishes down the road when the "heat" has died down. It's the same cycle repeated over and over through the millenia. The Pope ages, becomes senile, will be inactive for a while and soon dies. And the crimes committed by his flock during his watch dies with him. Tell me:- is there a world court order that could mete out fair and just punishment to those responsible for creating those heinous crimes? Keep the faith but sorry, the answer is NADA! And the commission and the blatant hypocrisy down the hierarchy reign supreme! Does anyone else care? The answer is clear! Even the faithful's silence is muted and will last forever! There goes the image of your "2nd" father.


With all due respect to you ... and whatever experience you have with the rotten tomatoes, I just want you to know I am,
with you on your fight, and whatever experience you have with them, I totally appreciate your rant, because it is really
frustrating to see the laity's "urong-sulong stance" and their hesitation and indecision give the impression that they are
not up to the challenge of getting involved in the scandals, it's a lengthy journey in the courts, & the money that goes
with it and the most important how they can stomach the peering eyes of the public especially if you are the victim.

However in my place here in California, our parish has made some strides, it may not be a worldwide fight but at least
we heard that something is being done no matter how turtle-paced it may be. It may not be the way you want it to be,
but it warms my heart that some people are voicing out their support and the issues are not swept under the rug. And
people are raising their arms.

If it helped to make you feel better. our parish has an independent lay-run board that holds bishops accountable if they
decide a cover up and just last week there is a Mass or prayers of reparation and encouragement to parishioners to
become more involved in their diocese. These are among the steps suggested by prominent lay Catholics to right the U.S.
church as it deals with a new clergy sexual abuse scandals.

It is time for laypeople to boost their profile within the church and help begin to dismantle long-standing clericalism that
has sought to preserve the reputation of offending clergy at the expense of the safety of children. That if there's still the
notion of self-preservation at the expense of the victim ... it just begs for lay leadership to come forward and address this
and help lead to healing.

As U.S. bishops worked to develop steps to promote greater accountability for abuse, they understand that their credibility
is gone and the trust of the faithful is gone and the cry of hypocrisy besmirched their pious images.

I just want to point out though that my second father is a "rara avis". Whatever you expect from a priest - honest, polite,
kind, generous, devout, righteous, duty-bound - he has it. It is just so unfair, that a few rotten tomatoes can smear the
whole rank and file. They don't deserve it, but I guess that's how life goes.

Just like the police and politicians. no matter how good the person is, once you are in that profession, people generalize
- the stigma and the negative imputations will forever blemish even their shining badges of honor.

User avatar
Prozac
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:45 am
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 979
Real Life Name/Nick: Butch
Date of Birth: 16 Mar 2016
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Hospital Worker
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: bully buster, fake news antidote
Message: If you see bizarre behaviors in you, seek professional help.

  • 0

Re: An Open Letter To My Dad On Father's Day

Postby beautywatchnyc » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:50 am


Not all who wear the church vestments are bound for sainthood. that, unfortunately, is the sordid reality on the ground. for as long as the flesh remains unsatiated, in their quest for newer conquests, the search for the gullible goes on and on. worse than that, no law exists that would prevent the vultures from acting on cue or render the erring clergy immediately accountable as soon as he's found guilty. Some unscrupulous members will not only bleed the faithful in exchange for the rosy promises to heaven. they have veiled means to lure the uninitiated.
User avatar
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
 
Posts: 9448
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 1:53 pm
Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Reputation: 13957
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy
Message: Need to reflect the other side of my citizenship


Return to Romance, Love & Relationships

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


contact us to advertise with missosology

Reputation System ©'