Are You Boring?

Are You Boring?

Postby Prozac » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:34 am

I was on a shuttle bus in San Francisco going to the airport when the shuttle picked up two of the most BORING people
at the Intercontinental San Francisco Hotel. They were sitting in front of me and they were talking too loud, they don't
need a megaphone.

They are just too BORING, their conversation despite being dull, and mundane made my neck crane as if it was one of
the most riveting conversational pieces ever. Why was I so eager ... so I listened to the conversation in toto as I was
Intrigued as to how they will end a boring conversation!

First Person: That was a big balikbayan box you have there.

Second Person: That is really BIG.

First Person: I am sure, that is heavy too, to think how BIG it was.

Second Person: Yes I bought a lot from the dollar store. I fill it in and there is still enough space.

First Person: A dollar store?

Second Person. You bet. even my son said I can get another round of purchases in the dollar store to fill up the space.

Second Person: Your son said that?

And they continue their repetitious exchange feeling like they own the shuttle bus. The problem is some people are
oblivious that they sound monotonous and stale. Boring people don't realize they are boring. In fact, no offense intended
... even YOU can be boring.

Had there been instances when you are in the mood to talk, you see people too uncomfortable - they want to rush to
the next available exit? Do your friends cover up and feign excuses just to get away from your stories? And did you feel
this is happening while riding in a lift going to the 12th floor and people want the nearest door on their way out?

But even if friends are wide-eyed with their mouths open, giving you the illusion that they were engrossed and involved,
it is not 100% sure that you are not BORING. Have you heard of the word pretense?

When BBM made his first SONA address, some people bluffed him by putting a brave face that they were enthralled, even
though he has not said anything compelling. And even though you are not BBM, people can always pretend you are engaging,
and interesting because they want to sell something to you afterward, or they have a mutual understanding connection with
you; or maybe because you have some bargaining power over them.

If you feel you make people doze to sleep, one rule of thumb is to ward off the conversation from BORING TOPICS. Although
nobody knows what topics click and what conversation piece ticks, there should be a conscious effort to stay away from
"downers". Although it sounds like a myopic view, some topics can be boring to some ... but definitely very interesting to others.

"History is like tsismis" is boring but not to the trolls out there who can give you an " eye for an eye" retaliatory and retributive
vengeful justice. Historical revisionism and historical denial are boring and so is Marcoleta's nearsighted view of ABS CBN franchise
and operations.

Pinoy Idol is a nursery for budding singers in the Philippines, but singers elbowing each other to give the much-needed "kulot" or
the dangerous "bali" is putting the much-needed tranquilizers on my beer. Darryl Yap's political lovefest with the powers-that-be
is making headlines, but his quick transition from a neophyte director to a petulant and testy wannabee made his critics recoil
to deep sleep.

The state of the nation address is important but boring. And so are the daily pronouncement that princess in Malacanang really made
a killing at the box office? The fact that your child made it to the honor roll is boring, so don't you dare bring that topic up.

The car chase in movies is boring except maybe when the car is flying at the speed of 150 miles and is headed in your direction.
Going fishing is tedious ... unless, of course, you caught Dyesebel for lunch.

Debates and elections are boring except maybe when Robin Padilla holds tight to his position as the number one senator ... or when
candidates jump ship like Marcoleta running out of gas at the finish line.

Women love Korean movies, especially if it is a marathon four-hour movie with subtitles to squint their eyes. Women love romances
but men abhor that. Men have limited endurance for a four-hour yearning. and as such they want everybody to disrobe right away.
No more beating around the bush anymore. And of course, they want to spice up the movie with gory scenes to keep them in their seat.

I still have a lot of examples to make, BUT I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THIS TOPIC. I am out of here!

Last edited by Prozac on Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Prozac
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Butch
Date of Birth: 16 Mar 2016
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Hospital Worker
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: bully buster, fake news antidote
Message: If you see bizarre behaviors in you, seek professional help.

Re: Are You Boring?

Postby esperasave » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:18 am

Filipinos abroad are not boring. By the fact that they were sending BALIKBAYAN BOXES and remittances have made THE PHILIPPINE'S Economy Floating since EDSA because Cory Aquino Opened up The Country To The World with Domestic Helpers and Eventually The Professionals. If we relied mostly with Agricultural Products and Build Build Build Infrastructure, we will be full of debts. Our country's geological and Physical landscapes are scattered and battered by natural calamities. It's just smart to send Filipinos abroad so they could bring back the needed dollar remittances worth $15 billions a year with the Philippines to flood the country with much needed financial resources. The agricultural sector can't compete to export our market because typhoons, floods, volcanoes and earthquake will destroy all of them. The Philippines Unique Geological features are just unforgiving with all these forces. As I traveled to different places in the World, most Filipinos were just high school graduate after they left The Philippines but look at them in The Western World, they are so organized with paying bills like rent, electric, cellphone but still able to send $200-$300 monthly to the Philippines doing odd jobs in between 1 to 2 jobs. If they didn't leave The Philippines to become farmers, contsruction workers and performing other agricultural jobs, they are not gonna survive with the unforgiving weather conditions of The Philippines all year round. In today's economy, at least THE BPO's in The Philippines are somehow helping alot to float the economy with all their clients from The Western World. You name all the Biggest Company in The World from Banking, Airlines, Cellphone and other Industries, for sure A Customer Service From Manila, Cebu and other Provinces will pick up our call. It was the biggest project of Gloria Macapagal, Just Like Tita Cory who studied their College Years In The USA who saw the need to connect with the outside world. Whoever will be the President of The Philippines, Agriculture, Build Build Build would be the biggest challenge with the Country's Survival. Our life as OFW is better because we don't have to worry about those calamities that would strike The Philippines every so often like earthquake, typhoons, volcano eruptions or floods. When natural calamity comes here abroad, it's about once in every 5 years but not too major.
esperasave

Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

Postby Prozac » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:59 pm

esperasave wrote:Filipinos abroad are not boring. By the fact that they were sending BALIKBAYAN BOXES and remittances have made THE PHILIPPINE'S Economy Floating since EDSA because Cory Aquino Opened up The Country To The World with Domestic Helpers and Eventually The Professionals. If we relied mostly with Agricultural Products and Build Build Build Infrastructure, we will be full of debts. Our country's geological and Physical landscapes are scattered and battered by natural calamities. It's just smart to send Filipinos abroad so they could bring back the needed dollar remittances worth $15 billions a year with the Philippines to flood the country with much needed financial resources. The agricultural sector can't compete to export our market because typhoons, floods, volcanoes and earthquake will destroy all of them. The Philippines Unique Geological features are just unforgiving with all these forces. As I traveled to different places in the World, most Filipinos were just high school graduate after they left The Philippines but look at them in The Western World, they are so organized with paying bills like rent, electric, cellphone but still able to send $200-$300 monthly to the Philippines doing odd jobs in between 1 to 2 jobs. If they didn't leave The Philippines to become farmers, contsruction workers and performing other agricultural jobs, they are not gonna survive with the unforgiving weather conditions of The Philippines all year round. In today's economy, at least THE BPO's in The Philippines are somehow helping alot to float the economy with all their clients from The Western World. You name all the Biggest Company in The World from Banking, Airlines, Cellphone and other Industries, for sure A Customer Service From Manila, Cebu and other Provinces will pick up our call. It was the biggest project of Gloria Macapagal, Just Like Tita Cory who studied their College Years In The USA who saw the need to connect with the outside world. Whoever will be the President of The Philippines, Agriculture, Build Build Build would be the biggest challenge with the Country's Survival. Our life as OFW is better because we don't have to worry about those calamities that would strike The Philippines every so often like earthquake, typhoons, volcano eruptions or floods. When natural calamity comes here abroad, it's about once in every 5 years but not too major.

I made this article as a part of my humor column on my blog. So I did it with the intent of putting a smile on your face,
and a spice of playfulness here and there. I shared it in Misso with no intent to malign any particular group especially
Filipinos working abroad which I'm a part of.

You said, "Filipinos abroad are not boring". I don't know who said that, but I will say it point-blank that some are, in the same
vein that there are people in the Philippines or in Myanmar or France that are boring. Nobody should make blanket statements
like that as it is likened to a fallacy from making an inductive conclusion with insufficient evidence ... something like a kind
of faulty generalization.

We make blanket statements because we want to make a point that makes us look right and therefore look good in the position
we are taking. We have a rule in our home that says no one can use the words “always” and “never” when discussing or debating
a topic where opinions and views are abundant.

The question if you are boring is poles apart from the idea that you are insinuating - As you said that Filipinos abroad are not
boring because they are sending balikbayan boxes and remittances. Since when does contributing to economy growth determine
whether the person is boring or not? I don't get it!

If you are on a date and your partner doesn't seem to enjoy your company there is a problem. Could it be that you bore her
to death? If the answer is YES, then that is what this thread is all about. For once, I never have reached the point where I have to
belittle the good things the OFW's have done to our country's economy.
Prozac

Postby esperasave » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:46 pm

Prozac wrote:
esperasave wrote:Filipinos abroad are not boring. By the fact that they were sending BALIKBAYAN BOXES and remittances have made THE PHILIPPINE'S Economy Floating since EDSA because Cory Aquino Opened up The Country To The World with Domestic Helpers and Eventually The Professionals. If we relied mostly with Agricultural Products and Build Build Build Infrastructure, we will be full of debts. Our country's geological and Physical landscapes are scattered and battered by natural calamities. It's just smart to send Filipinos abroad so they could bring back the needed dollar remittances worth $15 billions a year with the Philippines to flood the country with much needed financial resources. The agricultural sector can't compete to export our market because typhoons, floods, volcanoes and earthquake will destroy all of them. The Philippines Unique Geological features are just unforgiving with all these forces. As I traveled to different places in the World, most Filipinos were just high school graduate after they left The Philippines but look at them in The Western World, they are so organized with paying bills like rent, electric, cellphone but still able to send $200-$300 monthly to the Philippines doing odd jobs in between 1 to 2 jobs. If they didn't leave The Philippines to become farmers, contsruction workers and performing other agricultural jobs, they are not gonna survive with the unforgiving weather conditions of The Philippines all year round. In today's economy, at least THE BPO's in The Philippines are somehow helping alot to float the economy with all their clients from The Western World. You name all the Biggest Company in The World from Banking, Airlines, Cellphone and other Industries, for sure A Customer Service From Manila, Cebu and other Provinces will pick up our call. It was the biggest project of Gloria Macapagal, Just Like Tita Cory who studied their College Years In The USA who saw the need to connect with the outside world. Whoever will be the President of The Philippines, Agriculture, Build Build Build would be the biggest challenge with the Country's Survival. Our life as OFW is better because we don't have to worry about those calamities that would strike The Philippines every so often like earthquake, typhoons, volcano eruptions or floods. When natural calamity comes here abroad, it's about once in every 5 years but not too major.

I made this article as a part of my humor column on my blog. So I did it with the intent of putting a smile on your face,
and a spice of playfulness here and there. I shared it in Misso with no intent to malign any particular group especially

You said, "Filipinos abroad are not boring". I don't know who said that, but I will say it point-blank that some are, in the same
vein that there are people in the Philippines or in Myanmar or France that are boring. Nobody should make blanket statements
like that as it is likened to a fallacy from making an inductive conclusion with insufficient evidence ... something like a kind

We make blanket statements because we want to make a point that makes us look right and therefore look good in the position
we are taking. We have a rule in our home that says no one can use the words “always” and “never” when discussing or debating

The question if you are boring is poles apart from the idea that you are insinuating - As you said that Filipinos abroad are not
boring because they are sending balikbayan boxes and remittances. Since when does contributing to economy growth determine

If you are on a date and your partner doesn't seem to enjoy your company there is a problem. Could it be that you bore her
to death? If the answer is YES, then that is what this thread is all about. For once, I never have reached the point where I have to

More THAN 10 MILLION FILIPINOS WERE SELECTED to land abroad because THEY HAVE A MISSION TO ACCOMPLISH BACK HOME. The Farmers in The Philippines would always remain poor forever because of battered weather conditions and unique geological landscape. It has never improved overtime. Even lately, SUGAR was imported and thrown to the market so it could supply the demand.
esperasave

Postby Prozac » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:35 pm

esperasave wrote:
Prozac wrote:

More THAN 10 MILLION FILIPINOS WERE SELECTED to land abroad because THEY HAVE A MISSION TO ACCOMPLISH BACK HOME. The Farmers in The Philippines would always remain poor forever because of battered weather conditions and unique geological landscape. It has never improved overtime. Even lately, SUGAR was imported and thrown to the market so it could supply the demand.

I think you are missing the point esperasave. This thread is asking the readers if you can spot somebody who can render you
lifeless the moment he start opening his mouth.

1. Boring people are self centered. Boring persons talk too much about themselves and show little interest in others. The self-
centered bore holds the floor too long, is long-winded, and when telling a story takes forever to make a point. Boring people
are predictable.

2. A bore is Someone that inspires indifference, fatigue boredom. They are often called a drag. a dullard. People around him
often are inattentive, they are disinterested. Worst case scenario you see reaction like yawning or people rolling their eyes.

I agree that people who are working abroad have the mission to accomplish, me included. But that is not what we are talking
here.
Prozac

Postby esperasave » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:26 pm

Prozac wrote:
esperasave wrote:
Prozac wrote:

I think you are missing the point esperasave. This thread is asking the readers if you can spot somebody who can render you
lifeless the moment he start opening his mouth.

1. Boring people are self centered. Boring persons talk too much about themselves and show little interest in others. The self-
centered bore holds the floor too long, is long-winded, and when telling a story takes forever to make a point. Boring people
are predictable.

2. A bore is Someone that inspires indifference, fatigue boredom. They are often called a drag. a dullard. People around him
often are inattentive, they are disinterested. Worst case scenario you see reaction like yawning or people rolling their eyes.

I agree that people who are working abroad have the mission to accomplish, me included. But that is not what we are talking
here.

I hope this won't bored you. Look at the World map of The Philippines. It looks like an unsolved jigsaw puzzle. The Islands are scattered and irregular in shapes. While Most Countries of the World are in One Unit like in North, Central and South America, Africa, Europe, Australia, Mainland Asia. This being said, No Matter Who will be The Sitting President be it Director Daryll, Most of The Pressing Problems of The Philippines like The Infrastructure and Agriculture will not be solved because of This Enourmous Geological and Weather Challenges. But we should be thankful that even a high school graduate at any Western Countries who are OFWs for working 2 odd jobs had helped float the Philippine Economy for more than 30 years. Even The Past Presidents like Ferdinand Marcos, Cory Aquino,Fidel Ramos, Gloria etc were made and looked Monster at The Eyes of Filipinos because People couldn't realize how gigantic and powerful the challenges they were facing with their position in the government. However, The Past Presidency of Diosdado Macapagal and older weren't blamed by Filipino eventhough nothing has been done or just so little to the Country. They were so lucky to be spared from bashings and trolls by the people.
esperasave

Return to Hobbies, Leisure & Interests