A Demonic Attack?

A Demonic Attack?

Postby Prozac » Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:02 pm

It happened to me last night. I was sleeping when I felt somebody was pinning and suffocating me with a pillow.
I tried to fight back but I can’t move my body, almost as if the intruder has crippled me with its elephantine
weight. It was ghastly scary I thought that was my end.

If my experience was terrifyingly familiar to you, a "sleep paralysis demon" just paid me an unannounced visit.
The unwelcomed gatecrasher was nothing more than just sleep phantasmagoria, but the temporary paralysis is
authentic and for real. It was as though the experience was borrowed from a flat-out ghoulish movie ... but the
sleep paralysis and the evil entity that comes as a part of the horror package is a reality wrestled by about 30%
of the world population.

Most of the people I talked to who have a similar experience of sleep paralysis said they were paralyzed and unable
to move as if they were being prevented from standing up. They were crying out for help but they were unable to
speak. They are aware of their surroundings and some described it as they were gasping for breath like someone
is strangling them. The experience is harrowing and frightening ... even after sleep paralysis and the demonic
attack had quietened and cool off.

Why am I writing this? Well I just to reach out to a peer group in Misso to share and discuss sleep paralysis. It
can happen to anybody, and for a first-timer it can be horrifying. In my lifetime it happened twice already and
with that two attack somehow I have develop some skill to come out of it alive and less petrified.

Although they feel real, sleep monsters are just a cruel trick of the brain. Sleep paralysis demons are understand-
ably scary. But you’re not being haunted or attacked. And you’re not losing your grip on reality, either. The key
to making this experience less scary is to take a deep breath, meditate and remember it’s a glitch in your sleep
cycle.

Prozac
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Butch
Date of Birth: 16 Mar 2016
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Hospital Worker
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: bully buster, fake news antidote
Message: If you see bizarre behaviors in you, seek professional help.

Re: A Demonic Attack?

Postby ToiletPaper » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:48 pm

Poor you, there are times that my guardian angels are singing me to sleep, carrying me in my dreams as they fly, but I get annoyed when they tickle me in my armpit which I really hate because I didn't have control of it, it only stops when I wake up. I can overhear their conversation sometimes when I'm lightly asleep.
ToiletPaper
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: ヤーン♥
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: おしえない
Hobbies/Interests: おしえない

Postby ARAYKOPO » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:09 pm

Prozac wrote:It happened to me last night. I was sleeping when I felt somebody was pinning and suffocating me with a pillow.
I tried to fight back but I can’t move my body, almost as if the intruder has crippled me with its elephantine

If my experience was terrifyingly familiar to you, a "sleep paralysis demon" just paid me an unannounced visit.
The unwelcomed gatecrasher was nothing more than just sleep phantasmagoria, but the temporary paralysis is
authentic and for real. It was as though the experience was borrowed from a flat-out ghoulish movie ... but the
sleep paralysis and the evil entity that comes as a part of the horror package is a reality wrestled by about 30%
of the world population.

Most of the people I talked to who have a similar experience of sleep paralysis said they were paralyzed and unable
to move as if they were being prevented from standing up. They were crying out for help but they were unable to
speak. They are aware of their surroundings and some described it as they were gasping for breath like someone
is strangling them. The experience is harrowing and frightening ... even after sleep paralysis and the demonic

Why am I writing this? Well I just to reach out to a peer group in Misso to share and discuss sleep paralysis. It
can happen to anybody, and for a first-timer it can be horrifying. In my lifetime it happened twice already and
with that two attack somehow I have develop some skill to come out of it alive and less petrified.

Although they feel real, sleep monsters are just a cruel trick of the brain. Sleep paralysis demons are understand-
ably scary. But you’re not being haunted or attacked. And you’re not losing your grip on reality, either. The key
to making this experience less scary is to take a deep breath, meditate and remember it’s a glitch in your sleep
cycle.

BAKA KINANTOT KA LANG AT NAKATULOG KA SA SOBRANG SARAP...CHAROT... 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-}
ARAYKOPO
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1990
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: I.T.
Hobbies/Interests: sports

Postby Prozac » Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:09 pm

ToiletPaper wrote:Poor you, there are times that my guardian angels are singing me to sleep, carrying me in my dreams as they fly, but I get annoyed when they tickle me in my armpit which I really hate because I didn't have control of it, it only stops when I wake up. I can overhear their conversation sometimes when I'm lightly asleep.

Anyone can experience sleep paralysis. But a systematic review that common themes among people who have
reported episodes of the phenomenon show that they are being smothered, somebody is running after them or
a malevolent often supernatural power has pinned the victim down crushing him of his weight.

Being tickled by an angel and being lullabied to sleep is a pleasant experience and not as scary as the reported
cases of sleep paralysis. But whether it is an angel or a demon. the intruder is nothing more than a sleep
hallucination, but the temporary paralysis is real. Although scary, according to experts the phenomenon results
from your brain getting temporarily snagged at the transition from rapid eye movement (REM) sleep to an awakened
state.

In simple terms, according to research ... sleep paralysis is a medical condition where you’re stuck in a state
somewhere between sleep and wakefulness. In this state, you will have some awareness of your surroundings,
though you’re still experiencing the paralysis of REM sleep and are therefore unable to move. Often sleep paralysis
is followed with hallucinations because of the transition from a dream to reality. Sometimes the brain experiences
a glitch when flipping the switch on how it processes information during this transition.

You are right! It stops when you are awake. But waking up at that moment was hard to do. Struggling to wake up...
and trying to move but you can't ... makes you think it is the end of the world and then PANIC sets in as you see
yourself fighting to survive.
Last edited by Prozac on Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prozac

Postby Prozac » Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:38 pm

ARAYKOPO wrote:
Prozac wrote:It happened to me last night. I was sleeping when I felt somebody was pinning and suffocating me with a pillow.

of the world population.

cycle.

BAKA KINANTOT KA LANG AT NAKATULOG KA SA SOBRANG SARAP...CHAROT... 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-}

Aray ko po! I think I am having sleep paralysis again dealing with an intruder who has a one-track mind 24-7 - SEX.
Here he is trying to inject himself into a serious discussion of a medical phenomenon called sleep paralysis and all
he can contribute was his notoriety and his penchant for SEX?

I know it looked like he was joking. I can take jokes ... but jokes with sexual coloring are highly irregular bordering on
being abnormal especially when one feels it's a life and death situation. This is just a case of PROJECTION assuming
that his personal experience is also experienced by others. And from the looks of it, he sounds like Ian Sebastin.

From all, it's worth I hope you will not experience sleep paralysis tonight. And when it happens, and you can't move ...
you scream and you could not even open your mouth ... I really hate to hear people saying "I should have listened more
to the discussion. Maybe I could have gotten tips on how to get out of the situation ready and armed. With less trauma.
Thinking that it was just temporary and as soon as you relax and you start to wiggle your toes or move your fingers ---
you're back to the world of the living.

Prozac

Postby esperasave » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:10 pm

Pray before you sleep so your sweet dreams won't turn out into night mares. Make sure you're stomach is not full when you sleep. As the saying goes, eat like a King with breakfast, as a Prince with lunch but pauper during supper or dinner. Another scenario that could prevent you from having those unpleasant sleep experience is EAT YOUR BREAKFAST, SHARE LUNCH WITH YOUR FRIEND BUT GIVE AWAY YOUR DINNER TO AN ENEMY.
esperasave

Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

Postby Ramboy » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:39 pm

I am actually experiencing this every now and then for years and it’s scary. I usually became panicky and that’s adding more pressure. The sleep dr I talked to said that the best way is to relax and not panic.
Ramboy
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 08 Mar 1981
Profession: Professional
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing

Postby Prozac » Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:16 am

Ramboy wrote:I am actually experiencing this every now and then for years and it’s scary. I usually became panicky and that’s adding more pressure. The sleep dr I talked to said that the best way is to relax and not panic.

Sleep paralysis is not life-threatening, but it can cause anxiety and panic because you have the feeling of an impending
doom.

When that happened, I panicked and because I could not move, I was planning to throw my body so I will fall from the
bed. My wife was beside me, but she didn't know what was happening. And the more pressure I gave myself from doing
something, the more I panicked and that's counterproductive and the efforts are futile. That's when the experience
becomes scary.

According to studies, most people will only experience sleep paralysis once or twice in their life. However, if a person
experiences recurrent sleep paralysis that is causing anxiety, stress, or impacting their quality of life, they may wish to
seek medical assistance.

Prozac

Postby Prozac » Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:38 am

esperasave wrote:Pray before you sleep so your sweet dreams won't turn out into night mares. Make sure you're stomach is not full when you sleep. As the saying goes, eat like a King with breakfast, as a Prince with lunch but pauper during supper or dinner. Another scenario that could prevent you from having those unpleasant sleep experience is EAT YOUR BREAKFAST, SHARE LUNCH WITH YOUR FRIEND BUT GIVE AWAY YOUR DINNER TO AN ENEMY.

I like how you phrased this line esperasave. And yes, there is truth to what you said.

Prayers help when I recite this prayer for protection: "Dear God, as I lay me down to sleep, relax the tension of
my body; calm the restlessness of my mind; still the thoughts which worry and perplex me."

Prayers can bring a sense of a spiritual or loving presence and alignment with God. Positive feelings - prayer can
elicit feelings of gratitude, compassion, forgiveness, and hope, all of which are associated with healing and well-
ness.

There is no specific treatment for sleep paralysis, but stress management, maintaining a regular sleep schedule,
and observing good sleep habits can reduce its likelihood . Not eating a heavy evening meal, or eating within 2
hours of going to bed can help too. Most important is abstaining from evening alcohol or caffeine products.

When sleep paralysis attack the word of the wise is NOT TO PANIC. Relax and be still. No amount of screaming
or moving can help. Concentrate on your toes or fingers. Gradually wiggle your toes or move your fingers and
the rest of the body will follow. And soon you will be awake.

Prozac

Postby chellomellow » Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:53 am

I always knew something was wrong with you. This explains your weirdness...
─▀██▀▄███▄─ ▀██─██▀██▀▀▀█─
──██─███─███─██─██─██▄█──
──██─▀██▄██▀─▀█▄█▀─██▀█──
─▄██▄▄█▀▀▀─────▀──▄██▄▄▄█

[youtube]1rmr_z5bWgo[/youtube]

TEAM TYA JANE
chellomellow
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Date of Birth: 16 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: I am an Angel sent from heaven ❤
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Dancing, Reading, Music, Drawing, Anime, Piano

Postby Prozac » Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:48 am

chellomellow wrote:I always knew something was wrong with you. This explains your weirdness...

What an idiotic side remark coming from a superstar poster who doesn't know what sleep paralysis is. You don't
even know me, so how can you judge me just based on this anecdotal report which I want to share with every
body so when it is your turn to experience it, you have the idea of what to expect and what to do. If the motive
is bad, then tell that to all normal people who experience sleep paralysis and they will slap you if you say something
is wrong with them mentally or psychologically that is ... if they will share their experience.

You know what ... I know something is wrong with you. You are the one that is WEIRD for not even understanding
what is being talked about. You are not even in the medical field, so how can you enter the inner sanctum if you
feel you are not even sure of what to say. Prudence will advise you to stay out of the thread and just concentrate
on pageantry, the area where you excel best.

One of our doctors from the surgical department shared the same experience. He is a walking encyclopedia as
far as surgery is concerned and no one will doubt that something is wrong with him or that he is weird just
because he was talking about panic, auditory and visual hallucinations, the feeling of a presence of a supernatural
power engulfing him. And lady, if you are really a lady, PANIC I think is a normal reaction in sleep paralysis because
the person sharing his experience feels he is in a life and death situation. The person fights for his life ... who would
not be in a state of panic. And the hallucinations that go with it are a part and parcel of this phenomenon.

You showed your arrogance and ignorance by insinuating that people who experience sleep paralysis are some kind
of a cuckoo showing the whole world their weirdness just because they just want to describe the harrowing experience
they have gone through. And maybe you being jaundiced eyed will cringe at the idea of sharing a blow-by-blow
account of your experience for fear that somebody will misconstrue you as somebody with loose screws.

Lady, I hope you will have sleep paralysis tonight so you will have to appreciate the dynamics of the condition. And
let me tell you if you will have a panic attack and experience visual hallucinations I will be generous enough not to
jump to conclusions and say something is wrong with you or that you sound weird.

And just an added information to you: sleep paralysis CAN OCCUR TO ALL Normal PEOPLE IN ALL AGES. And it's more
common in the setting of sleep deprivation in association with a changing sleep schedule, which may happen if you
are a college student and do shift work.

Sleep paralysis can be scary but it's harmless and most people will ONLY EXPERIENCE IT ONCE OR TWICE IN THEIR LIFE.
I have two already and acting like a doubting Thomas, obviously ... you haven't. Enjoy the ride ... it's coming.
Last edited by Prozac on Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Prozac

Postby Elyerno Zabagguri » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:38 am

sleep paralysis yan.

pero according to legends, especially yung paniniwala noon, sleep paralysis was considered a demonic attack, kaya dati ine-exorcise pa yung victim ng sleep paralysis para daw "mawala ang demonyo".

but with modern technology, sleep paralysis was caused by obstructive sleep apnea, stress, excessive daytime sleepiness, ptsd, etc.
Elyerno Zabagguri
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Real Life Name/Nick: Superstar Elyerno
Date of Birth: 02 Sep 1988
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Writer, Producer, Talent Manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants, Showbiz

Postby Prozac » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:22 am

Elyerno Zabagguri wrote:sleep paralysis yan.

pero according to legends, especially yung paniniwala noon, sleep paralysis was considered a demonic attack, kaya dati ine-exorcise pa yung victim ng sleep paralysis para daw "mawala ang demonyo".

but with modern technology, sleep paralysis was caused by obstructive sleep apnea, stress, excessive daytime sleepiness, ptsd, etc.

Sleep paralysis occurs only once or twice in our life. But repeated or regular bouts of sleep paralysis can be a symptom
of conditions like narcolepsy or PTSD,

Sleep paralysis is relatively easy to explain and is (generally) not a serious condition. It occurs when brain and body are
not in sync during the sleep process. During a ‘normal’ night’s sleep, we can expect the brain to dispatch a message to
the nervous system to relax the muscles; so relaxed that they become inactive during sleep,

Sleep paralysis occurs when the process happens at the wrong speed; when the brain and body are out of sync. If the brain
doesn’t give the order to the muscles, the muscles lay dormant while our mind is stirred to consciousness, giving us the sense
of paralysis. As this liminal state persists it activates our limbic system, our center of emotional reaction, causing fear and
panic. If an individual is in the middle of a disturbing dream, this sense of fear is heightened ten-fold because there is usually a
hangover that results in visual and auditory hallucination.

Although our contemporary knowledge of neuroscience demystifies sleep paralysis, its explanation does not match the extra-
sensory fantastic experience of it. It’s no wonder that throughout history it has been linked to paranormal forces, from demons
to aliens.

Yes, I heard about exorcism as a treatment for sleep paralysis. Research says it happened in the Christian era when sleep paralysis
was akin to demonic possession. But as the Age of Enlightenment took hold, belief in a demonic visit diminished and medical care
moved towards our modern understandings of empirical observation, changing the understanding of sleep paralysis.

Prozac

Postby hauteegirl » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:40 am

sleep paralysis aka old hag syndrome. happened to me once before. you couldnt move or do anything but i always recite my prayers "Our Father" even in my dreams and that helped me wake up.
hauteegirl
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Queen
Date of Birth: 14 Jan 2008
Profession: beauty queen
Hobbies/Interests: exotic plants hobbyist

Postby Prozac » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:49 am

hauteegirl wrote:sleep paralysis aka old hag syndrome. happened to me once before. you couldnt move or do anything but i always recite my prayers "Our Father" even in my dreams and that helped me wake up.[/b]

[In sleep paralysis, WAKING UP IS HARD TO DO'. If you are the victim how do you help yourself to wake up?

No matter how much you try, even if you consciously know that you're undergoing sleep paralysis—you can't
wake your body up. A very minuscule amount of people can slightly move their fingers or wiggle their toes or
facial muscles, which eventually helps them wake up the rest of their body.

Learning meditation and muscle relaxation techniques may help you to better cope with the experience.
Persisting in the attempt “to move extremities,” such as fingers or toes, during sleep paralysis also seems
to help disrupt the experience.

If you happen to see somebody in sleep paralysis how do you wake them up? An expert on incubus and night
mares advise poking the afflicted with a pin or shaking them to a wakeful state, but shaking is perhaps
the most frightening thing you could do to someone temporarily immobilized in a hallucinatory state.

Prozac

Return to Paranormal, Magick & Occultism