Sherri Hill @ Miss Teen USA and Miss USA

Sherri Hill @ Miss Teen USA and Miss USA

Postby TheGenuineBeauty » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:10 am

Now as we all know, in 2019 the Miss Universe Organization announced that Sherri Hill will be providing contestants competing in Miss USA and Miss Teen USA with a free gown of the girl's choosing for the evening gown competition. This news sparked some controversy with pageants fans (including myself) not liking the fact that the girls can't choose the designer of their choice and that Sherri Hill already provide the dresses for the introduction/opening of the show. That year the glamour of the evening gown competition basically turned into a Sherri Hill fashion show and I was pissed, especially with Miss Teen USA because all of the girls looked like they were going to prom.

So what's this thread about? Well first things first, I want to show my favorite and least favorite looks from both pageants, and looking at the Sherri Hill catalog to see which gown I would love to see if they decide to do this again in 2020 (I might as well make something positive out of this) I would be rating each gown from 1 to 5, 1 being the worst and 5 being the best. The link to all of the gowns is down below, so that you can follow along with me. Also keep in mind that these are just my opinion. Let's start with Miss Teen USA.

http://www.pageantupdate.info/miss-teen-usa-2019-preliminary-evening-gown.html

One: Arkansas, Delaware, Illinois, Michigan, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin

Two: Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Nebraska, Rhode Island, South Carolina

Three: Alabama, District of Columbia, Maine, Montana, New Jersey, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Wyoming

Four: Alaska, California, Connecticut, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, West Virginia

Five: Hawaii, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma

Overall there are 7 ones, 9 twos, 11 threes, 14 fours, and 10 fives, so not a bad bunch. Here are my Top 5 best gowns from Miss Teen USA 2019.

BEST GOWNS

Number Five

This gown shouldn't work, but for some reason...it does. If it wasn't for the color, this gown would have been plain and boring. The orange suits her skin tone perfectly and it makes her stand out on stage.

Number Four

You know that saying "Less is more"? Well that's what Missouri did with this minimalistic navy blue ball gown. Not only is it a jewel toned color, which is always a plus in beauty pageants, but it compliments her skin tone and makes her looks graceful and elegant. The earrings are a nice touch.

Number Three

Our beautiful 1st Runner Up, North Dakota's gives her that touch of spice while looking youthful at the same time. While this style of gown is more suited for prom, the color is what transforms it from prom to pageant.

Number Two

A stunning gown. Very unique, and even though I don't like the color, it suits her skin tone perfectly.

Number One

When I saw this gown, my jaw DROPPED. It instantly became the best gown of the night. Why? Because this gown could easily be worn by a contestant at Miss Universe and win. I love everything about it, the color, the style, the beading, everything.

Anyways the next post will be my rankings for the Miss USA gowns, and the post after that will be my favorite gowns from the Sherri Hill website that I think are perfect for Miss Teen USA, Miss USA, Miss Universe or any other beauty pageant. Stay tuned and let me know what you think. What are your favorite and least favorite gowns from Miss Teen USA and Miss USA 2019?

PUERTO RICO REBORN

2018: Kiara Ortega (Top 5)
2019: Madison Anderson (1st RU)
2020: Estefania Soto (Top 10)
2021: Michelle Colon (Top 10)
2022: Ashley Cariño (TBA)
TheGenuineBeauty
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Date of Birth: 24 Jul 1996
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Reading
Message: Promote what you love instead of attacking what you hate.

Re: Sherri Hill @ Miss Teen USA and Miss USA

Postby TheGenuineBeauty » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:11 am

So let's keep it going with Miss USA. Unlike Miss Teen USA were most of the girls wore pastel colors, Miss USA was all about the dark colors. Just like with Miss Teen USA, I will be rating each gown from 1 to 5, 1 being the worst and 5 being the best, as well as giving you my personal Top 5 best gowns from Miss USA 2019. Ready? Let's go!

http://www.pageantupdate.info/miss-usa-2019-preliminary-evening-gown.html

One: Delaware, Idaho, Louisiana, Minnesota,

Two: California, District of Columbia, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, North Dakota, Vermont

Three: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Maine, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, North Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Washington,

Four: Alaska, Arizona, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, North Carolina, Texas, West Virginia, Wisconsin,

Five: Connecticut, Florida, Kansas, North Carolina, Ohio, Virginia, Wyoming

Overall there are 4 ones, 8 twos, 17 threes, 15 fours, and 7 fives. While there are less ones than Miss Teen USA, there are less fives as well. In my opinion, most of the gowns are...meh, simple but not outstanding. Anyways here are my Top 5 best gowns.

BEST GOWNS

Number Five

Even though I am not a fan of her winning Miss USA, you cannot argue that North Carolina had one of the best gowns of the bunch. She came in looking like one of the Muses from Hercules and I am LIVING for it. The gown also reminds me of Amelia Vega's gown (Miss Universe 2003) which I don't mind because that is one of my favorite gowns worn by a Miss Universe.

Number Four

Ohio looks so regal with her gown, she reminds me of a Disney princess. How the hell did she not make it to The Top 6, I will never know.

Number Three

Again, another girl that DESERVED to be in the Top 6. Even though I am not necessarily a fan of black gowns in beauty pageants, Kansas manages to pull it off with the style of the gown. And that slit, OH MY GOD!!!!

Number Two

This might as well just be a "This girls deserved better" thread, because Connecticut deserve to make it to the semi finals. Sigh...what could have been. But we are here to talk about this beautiful gown. There's a reason why blondes look good in blue. Without the bold color, the gown would look simple and boring, but with the color it makes her stand out. The hair, the earrings, the whole look is top notch.

Number One

Florida bringing sexy back and WORKING the runway as if it was the Victoria Secret Fashion Show. I am pretty sure that I wasn't the only one who's jaw dropped when Florida came out. She looks sexy while looking elegant at the same time. Too bad IMG doesn't like stunning models. Shame. But she will go down in my books as the BEST dressed contestant at Miss USA 2019.

Anyways, that's it for Miss USA. In my next post will be the reason why I started this thread in the first place. I will be showing some gowns from the Sherri Hill website that I think will look good on the pageant stage. So stick around and let me know who were you best and worst dressed from Miss Teen USA and Miss USA.
Last edited by TheGenuineBeauty on Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
PUERTO RICO REBORN

TheGenuineBeauty
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Postby TheGenuineBeauty » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:12 am

So recently Sherri Hill launched their Spring 2020 collection, and there are some hidden gems that I think would look really good on stage at a Miss Teen USA or Miss USA pageant. I will only be posting links since these images are HUGE and I don't want this post to be very image heavy. So here we go.

Style #53768 (Miss Teen USA)

https://www.sherrihill.com/style-53768/53768.html?cgid=spring-2020#start=1

The pattern is very fun and reminds me of the gowns from the 2000's (think Japan at Miss Universe 2007 and Colombia at Miss Universe 2008) The color is suitable for Miss Teen USA and with a killer walk (a la Taliana Vargas) this can make any girl stand out among the others.

Style #53822 (Miss Teen USA)

https://www.sherrihill.com/style-53822/53822.html?cgid=spring-2020#start=1

This gown is very elegant and regal. With an updo hairstyle and some stylish earrings, it will make any girl look like a pageant princess ready to take the crown. This gown is also available in white, but I like it better in light pink.

Style #53630 (Miss Teen USA and Miss USA)

https://www.sherrihill.com/style-53630/53630.html?cgid=spring-2020#sz=39&start=40

There's a reason why most sizes and colors of this gown are currently sold out. It is very suitable for pageantry and depending on the color, can be suited for both Miss Teen USA and Miss USA. What can I say? I love a gown with a cape.

Style #53367 (Miss USA)

https://www.sherrihill.com/style-53367/53367.html?cgid=spring-2020

Simple and elegant. Even though it is a simple silhouette, the bead work and the feather at the bottom make this gown stand out. The white color is suitable for a contestant competing in Miss USA, and white is a very lucky color in the pageant world.

Style #53467 (Miss USA)

https://www.sherrihill.com/style-53467/53467.html?cgid=spring-2020

JAW OFFICIALLY DROPPED!!!! Enough said. Although I like it better in black and silver than black and gold.

Style #53884 (Miss USA)

https://www.sherrihill.com/style-53884/53884.html?cgid=spring-2020

I don't know what it is about me and orange, but with a good design and styling, it can make any girl stand out. Also orange is rarely done well in pageants. This gown has an interesting design with the orange that makes it unique and the slit adds sexiness to the gown.

And that's it. Please let me know what you think? And which gowns from the Sherri Hill website do you think would be suitable for pageantry?
Last edited by TheGenuineBeauty on Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
PUERTO RICO REBORN

TheGenuineBeauty
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Postby Virginia Dalisay » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:00 am

Sorry but i am confused. You said that Sherri Hill gowns are beautiful and could easily be worn by a contestant at Miss Universe... Yet in your first paragraph you are also saying that you are not happy that they are forcedly worn by Miss USA and Miss Teen USA candidates in their evening gown portion. :-O :-O :-O

ImageImage
Virginia Dalisay
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Date of Birth: 14 Feb 1991
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Archeologist
Hobbies/Interests: Live the life you love and Love the life you live.
Message: Never be a prisoner of your past. It was just a lesson, not a life sentence.

Postby TheGenuineBeauty » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:25 pm

Virginia Dalisay wrote:Sorry but i am confused. You said that Sherri Hill gowns are beautiful and could easily be worn by a contestant at Miss Universe... Yet in your first paragraph you are also saying that you are not happy that they are forcedly worn by Miss USA and Miss Teen USA candidates in their evening gown portion. :-O :-O :-O

I think a contestant can wear Sherri Hill as their evening gown. What I don't like is that ALL of the girls are forced to wear ONLY Sherri Hill as their evening gown. Let the girl choose what they want to wear. Because of this we saw the same color palettes and designs with only small differences. It was more noticeable in Miss Teen USA than Miss USA and it made the show look more like a Sherri Hill fashion show.

If a girl wants to wear Sherri Hill to a beauty pageant, then by all means you do you. There's a reason why Sherri Hill is a popular brand in the pageant world, even without the sponsorship. However I think a girl should also be allowed to wear whatever designer that they want. If she wants to spend more than 2k on a custom made gown made from a Filipino designer, then she should. It is their one and ONLY chance to compete in the national stage, so they shouldn't be stuck with having to wear a gown from one designer and having to worry about whether or not another contestant chose the same gown. Hope that cleared this up :)
PUERTO RICO REBORN

TheGenuineBeauty
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Return to Fashion Arena