Pageants: For Entertainment or For Relevance?

Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!

Do you think pageants are for entertainment or for relevance?

You may select 1 option

View results

Pageants: For Entertainment or For Relevance?

Postby ajsy0203 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:07 pm

ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Re: Pageants: For Entertainment or For Relevance?

Postby Virginia Dalisay » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:51 pm

It's relevant and entertaining, so its both for me.

ImageImage
Virginia Dalisay
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Date of Birth: 14 Feb 1991
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Archeologist
Hobbies/Interests: Live the life you love and Love the life you live.
Message: Never be a prisoner of your past. It was just a lesson, not a life sentence.

Postby Totoypasiboy » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:04 am

For me it's 95% relevance the 5% entertainment.
Big Four of Beauty Pageant

Totoypasiboy
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: P' Totoy
Date of Birth: 26 Jul 1994
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: TROLLBUSTER - Earthling
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Love busting Trolls!

Postby ClubEarthMisso » Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:07 am

OMG that's cringy to watch @-) @-) @-) @-)

and these women consider themselves as ambassadors of their countries acting like that on stage!?!!!?

and people actually like this??? I don't get it.
The 23rd Annual
MISS❀EARTH
Competition

V I E T N A M

2023's highly anticipated international environmental event
will feature women from four corners of the globe vying for
the coveted Miss Earth crown
ClubEarthMisso
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 11 Sep 2001
Profession: Unknown
Hobbies/Interests: I don't have any interests

Postby esperasave » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:45 am

Beauty Pageantries especially Miss Universe is Horror. Even the current Miss Universe Andrea Meza wasn't spared from being wounded in her legs right after the competition. Subsequently, it's just a bit entertaining when it's contestants and winners play around. One instance involving Pia W. and Olivia Jordan her 2nd runner when they cohorting each other to slay and play games in their competition. How Pia answers her question by saying the world rather the universe to instigate battle between Miss World and Miss Universe in larger proportion at Miss Universe. Then, Olivia tried to twist the brain of the worldwide audience in her answers but then she got caught up with the time limit. However, both still partnered together during the switching announcement when they were seen whispering each other. But it didn't end there, backstage when it settled down a little bit after the commotion on the stage, they were seen together again for the ambush interview by a media, they again made statement just to outsmart people of the world rather the universe.
esperasave
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Profession: medical
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

Postby beautywatchnyc » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:10 am

Like it or not, before anything else, pageants big or small, mean business. Everything else emanates from there. Count in every peso unit that is expended.
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy

Postby hauteegirl » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:06 am

if you base it on entertainment then that would mean they will rig it according to whoever they wanna make them happy but if its about relevance then that would mean the candidates are really serious about joining the pageant bcoz of their purpose.
hauteegirl

Real Life Name/Nick: Queen
Date of Birth: 14 Jan 2008
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: beauty queen
Hobbies/Interests: exotic plants hobbyist

Postby Prozac » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:21 pm

My friend who is not into pageantry chooses entertainment over relevance. She said I don't follow any of these
pageants, so it will be sad if I chose relevance. If I have time I can watch these pageants on youtube but I am here
mainly for entertainment.

When I watch these pageants, I am not here to THINK or LEARN, or how relevant their advocacies are. I am here
to ENJOY and enjoyment to me is what I saw, and what I hear that creates something pleasant, either I will laugh
or be amazed at what is going on.

1. Pageants entertain me especially if the host makes a blunder in announcing the winner. A classic example is when
Colombia was called instead of the Philippines in Miss Universe in 2015.
2. Pageants entertain me right after the winner is announced. When supporters and fans of rival nations resort
to verbal catfights and forum wars, reading their arguments is worth my while.
3. A good scandal like Gandhi Fernando who soured friendship with Andre kept me on my toes. The country's thirst
to win more titles is also monitored on my radar screen.
4. Accidents and near falls interest me too. When Miriam Quiambao stumbled and fall and later redeem herself
by winning first runner up, she was the classic example of a woman rising up from the ashes.
5. Something out of the extraordinary also appeal to me, like Miss U candidates parading in Australia and the stage
collapsed. Or Miss World candidates escaping from Nigeria because of a tumultuous riot and protest.
6. Pageant organizers who want to be different are also interesting, like Miss Gwand International Thailand where
candidates introduce themselves in bizarre fashion, that really deserved a good laugh.
7. Interviews entertain me too - who aced the Q and A, who flopped, and who made a fool of themselves is something
worth recording.
8. The gown competition is something I look forward to. It is just a live catalog and the models are parading
right before your eyes.
9. The swimwear competition shows different body types and shapes. This is where body shaming starts and the
controversy begins.
10. The opening production numbers in the early days are worth the wait. In fairness to Nawat, the numbers
in his opening salvo In Miss Gwand Thailand have lots of gimmicks that feed the eyes.

With all these lengthy answers, I took some deep breaths and asked my friend point-blank: How come you know
all this? "Sorry, she said. I am a closeted pageant fan. I LIED! But I still choose ENTERTAINMENT!"
Prozac

Real Life Name/Nick: Butch
Date of Birth: 16 Mar 2016
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Hospital Worker
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: bully buster, fake news antidote
Message: If you see bizarre behaviors in you, seek professional help.

Postby esperasave » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:39 pm

Prozac wrote:My friend who is not into pageantry chooses entertainment over relevance. She said I don't follow any of these
pageants, so it will be sad if I chose relevance. If I have time I can watch these pageants on youtube but I am here
mainly for entertainment.

When I watch these pageants, I am not here to THINK or LEARN, or how relevant their advocacies are. I am here
to ENJOY and enjoyment to me is what I saw, and what I hear that creates something pleasant, either I will laugh
or be amazed at what is going on.

1. Pageants entertain me especially if the host makes a blunder in announcing the winner. A classic example is when
Colombia was called instead of the Philippines in Miss Universe in 2015.
2. Pageants entertain me right after the winner is announced. When supporters and fans of rival nations resort
to verbal catfights and forum wars, reading their arguments is worth my while.
3. A good scandal like Gandhi Fernando who soured friendship with Andre kept me on my toes. The country's thirst
to win more titles is also monitored on my radar screen.
4. Accidents and near falls interest me too. When Miriam Quiambao stumbled and fall and later redeem herself
by winning first runner up, she was the classic example of a woman rising up from the ashes.
5. Something out of the extraordinary also appeal to me, like Miss U candidates parading in Australia and the stage
collapsed. Or Miss World candidates escaping from Nigeria because of a tumultuous riot and protest.
6. Pageant organizers who want to be different are also interesting, like Miss Gwand International Thailand where
candidates introduce themselves in bizarre fashion, that really deserved a good laugh.
7. Interviews entertain me too - who aced the Q and A, who flopped, and who made a fool of themselves is something
worth recording.
8. The gown competition is something I look forward to. It is just a live catalog and the models are parading
right before your eyes.
9. The swimwear competition shows different body types and shapes. This is where body shaming starts and the
controversy begins.
10. The opening production numbers in the early days are worth the wait. In fairness to Nawat, the numbers
in his opening salvo In Miss Gwand Thailand have lots of gimmicks that feed the eyes.

With all these lengthy answers, I took some deep breaths and asked my friend point-blank: How come you know
all this? "Sorry, she said. I am a closeted pageant fan. I LIED! But I still choose ENTERTAINMENT!"

As you can see, even in the pageantries there's no such thing as PERFECT CRIME. How Miss Universe Org almost got away with it when they tried to switch winners but then here comes the auditing firm who were dumb folded at first but corrected itself. Then another classic example how crime pays for a contestant like Mirriam Quiambao. Crime really does pay with Mirriam for intentionally stumbled herself to the floor to make it appear that she fell accidentally to gather more points. It made everyone believed for so long that in the end MUO made a very long feature on her throughout the final telecast. It was believable of her with the suppose fall but as you can see, it was well prepared, planned and organized artistically when she got up with her arms stretching up for the audience to be amazed and amused as well. From the start, she knows where her center of gravity so she'll be steady with her walk being a Physical Therapist. But because she made a planned otherwise for worldwide audience to be entertained at her own expense, she went to drop herself intentionally. Those falls that were accidentally made at the competition from other contestant were just different on how the contestant reacted with shock and fear but with Mirriam, she reacted with excitement and smile.
esperasave

Postby manoypoe » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:34 pm

If for Entertainment, I will watch only the coronation night. I even cringe at the video of the TS wherein the contestants are treated like caricatures in the way they introduce themselves. =O/ =O/ But I am for relevance. I want to feel that I am also part of the advocacy the queens are espousing. I want to follow their journey to make a change in the world, earth rather, how small or insignificant it might be for others. After all, our or their collective efforts will surely make an impact.
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby uzumaki » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:03 pm

esperasave wrote:Beauty Pageantries especially Miss Universe is Horror. Even the current Miss Universe Andrea Meza wasn't spared from being wounded in her legs right after the competition. Subsequently, it's just a bit entertaining when it's contestants and winners play around. One instance involving Pia W. and Olivia Jordan her 2nd runner when they cohorting each other to slay and play games in their competition. How Pia answers her question by saying the world rather the universe to instigate battle between Miss World and Miss Universe in larger proportion at Miss Universe. Then, Olivia tried to twist the brain of the worldwide audience in her answers but then she got caught up with the time limit. However, both still partnered together during the switching announcement when they were seen whispering each other. But it didn't end there, backstage when it settled down a little bit after the commotion on the stage, they were seen together again for the ambush interview by a media, they again made statement just to outsmart people of the world rather the universe.

The fun part of the pageant is the excitement on the announcement of winners and the wow factor on candidates who can deliver a very smart answer. Quite frankly Pia W didnt bring that to table. Her answer about the world rather ek ek was her mistake and she knew it was a mistake. The attempt to recover did not also bring that wow factor. She obviously was nervous. And the answers were too pageant patty. In tagalog, kinuha ang sagot sa mga minemorize nya na nakaready na sagot on every answer. Same level sila ng answer ni Ruffa G in Miss World 1993. So I dont think that she is wittingly playing around during the Q&A. Among the IMG winners she doesnt have the same level of wit of the queens next to her (demi, catriona and zozibini). Andrea is way better than her too. But stars are really aligned for her to be famous/ The most famous Miss Universe of all time. Thanks to that missed announcement of winners. That made her famous. Other than that she is considerably the least smart winner of Miss Universe history.
uzumaki
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: villamor
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1982
Profession: call center agent
Hobbies/Interests: sleeping

Postby esperasave » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:51 am

uzumaki wrote:
esperasave wrote:Beauty Pageantries especially Miss Universe is Horror. Even the current Miss Universe Andrea Meza wasn't spared from being wounded in her legs right after the competition. Subsequently, it's just a bit entertaining when it's contestants and winners play around. One instance involving Pia W. and Olivia Jordan her 2nd runner when they cohorting each other to slay and play games in their competition. How Pia answers her question by saying the world rather the universe to instigate battle between Miss World and Miss Universe in larger proportion at Miss Universe. Then, Olivia tried to twist the brain of the worldwide audience in her answers but then she got caught up with the time limit. However, both still partnered together during the switching announcement when they were seen whispering each other. But it didn't end there, backstage when it settled down a little bit after the commotion on the stage, they were seen together again for the ambush interview by a media, they again made statement just to outsmart people of the world rather the universe.

The fun part of the pageant is the excitement on the announcement of winners and the wow factor on candidates who can deliver a very smart answer. Quite frankly Pia W didnt bring that to table. Her answer about the world rather ek ek was her mistake and she knew it was a mistake. The attempt to recover did not also bring that wow factor. She obviously was nervous. And the answers were too pageant patty. In tagalog, kinuha ang sagot sa mga minemorize nya na nakaready na sagot on every answer. Same level sila ng answer ni Ruffa G in Miss World 1993. So I dont think that she is wittingly playing around during the Q&A. Among the IMG winners she doesnt have the same level of wit of the queens next to her (demi, catriona and zozibini). Andrea is way better than her too. But stars are really aligned for her to be famous/ The most famous Miss Universe of all time. Thanks to that missed announcement of winners. That made her famous. Other than that she is considerably the least smart winner of Miss Universe history.

She may not be the prettiest and smartest contestant but she played her game so much that the judges noticed her through and through. Second to her was Olivia Jordan, her partner in crime, I'm mean partner in Christ. Both wanted to topple the house down. But actually, they did because she became Miss Universe forever and Olivia is second runner up. In the end, they were the Willing Victims when the crime was unfolding on their batch.
esperasave

Return to GENERAL