BE HONEST ABOUT CELESTE

BE HONEST ABOUT CELESTE

Postby wingsofnightingale » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:24 pm

My question is to all the pageant experts

How many of you put Miss Philippines Celeste in your list just because of her sash despite her lackluster preliminary performance? BE HONEST!

wingsofnightingale
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.

Real Life Name/Nick: Alston
Date of Birth: 04 Dec 1989
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Fashion editor
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Goddesses

Re: BE HONEST ABOUT CELESTE

Postby chorr » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:32 pm

I put her up in my list because of her facial beauty and her sex on a stick, banging body and her EFFORTLESS EG performance. But as I've said pre-prelims, I have a gut feeling that she or USA will be the Tocuyo girls, and boy I wished I was right for the wrong reasons, so while her exclusion is DEVASTATING for me as a Filipino, I kinda called it.

Truth bombs, truth bombs everywhere!
chorr
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: tambays

Postby pippo93 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:50 pm

BE REAL, WE ALL KNOW SINCE MISS EARTH 2018 THAT HER COMM SKILLS ARE BAD. I PUT HER IN MY LIST BECAUSE SHE IS STUNNING, SHE HAS THE PREPARATI IN OF MISS PHILIPPINES (AND ALSO BECAUSE SHE IS HALF ITALIAN).
BUT IN A COMPETITION IN WHICH INTERVIEW IS NOW THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS... UNFORTUNATELY CELESTE DIDN'T EXCELL IN THIS DEPARTMENT
pippo93
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 29 Sep 1993
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Medical Doctor, Resident in Nephrology
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants

Postby Sophia7 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:05 pm

This picture says it all. Celeste melted and looked like a fan instead of a Miss Universe frontrunner. R'bonny emerged to be a front runner
Sophia7
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 08 Nov 1992
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: LAWYERing!
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Pageant, LAW, MGMT & FASHION!

Postby kurtij » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:39 pm

Not a pageant expert but I expected her to place for these obvious reasons :

1. Sash Factor
2. Facial Beauty
3. Marketability

She worked hard in the last 4 years by choosing to stay jn the Philippines so I felt she really prepared for it. If the closed door interview was getting to know more of the girls then it shouldn't have been a very difficult one for her since she became more fluent in English and get to express her thoughts better.

I find it really weird that none from these 4 made it: Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia
It just feels really weird.
Last edited by kurtij on Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kurtij

Real Life Name/Nick: m_cronin
Date of Birth: 27 Dec 1989
Profession: Missosologist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: CURSING

Postby prowazekii » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:42 pm

13 th unlucky..
Creepy
i think of Miss Universe who is the most beautiful, most femininely graceful, most charming, delightful and sweet...
prowazekii
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Ron Weasley Fr. Hogwarts
Profession: Physician
Hobbies/Interests: The OLympic Games,Miss Universe,HP and Haus MD
Message: " hard work and perseverance outlast sheer luck and talent"

Postby ambasing » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:58 pm

I’m not a fan of Celeste because I was rooting for Michelle Dee in Ms Universe Philippines but I think they intentionally kicked her out in the top 16!!

I find her prettier and more feminine than the eventual winner Ms USA!

She deserves to be in the top 16!
ambasing
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Real Life Name/Nick: Lester
Date of Birth: 11 Feb 1990
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: reading books

Postby Agua Maldita » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:31 pm

I put Celeste as my 1st RU to eventual winner USA. I thought that her safe performance was good enough if we were going with the IMG ways. Plus, it’s not Miss Universe without Philippines.

1. The closed door interview and her underwhelming EG preliminary performance were her Waterloo. JKN is looking for a transformational leader full of authenticity and impactful advocacy.

2. The MUO managed to still appease the Filipinos by having a Filipina winning the crown with R’Bonney.

3. Jonas needs to stop turning these girls into his robots. He’s not Osmel.

4. Celeste had everything but refined speaking skills.

5. JKN - Fair competition and no to favoritism.

6. Annoying Filipino fans with their non-stop bullying of other candidates.

I put Philippines up there because she deserves it. She’s a winner no matter what. She’s my El Tocuyo!
ImageImage
Agua Maldita
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Alyssa
Date of Birth: 12 Dec 1990
Profession: Missosology Royalty
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants. GTL. Beach, Travel.

Postby theblob » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:45 pm

chorr wrote:I put her up in my list because of her facial beauty and her sex on a stick, banging body and her EFFORTLESS EG performance. But as I've said pre-prelims, I have a gut feeling that she or USA will be the Tocuyo girls, and boy I wished I was right for the wrong reasons, so while her exclusion is DEVASTATING for me as a Filipino, I kinda called it.

Was her body bangin’ tho? Let’s be honest. She looked like a walking stick figure in SS compared to the majority of the girls.
theblob

Real Life Name/Nick: Blobberz
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2015
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Profession: Professional Trollist
Hobbies/Interests: Trolling

Postby markita » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:10 pm

Celeste was 14th on my list.
markita

Date of Birth: 26 Jul 1983
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Beauty Pageant Expert
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Hobbies/Interests: Films, Pageantry & Literature

Postby MariaAndreina » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:12 pm

Her beauty was enough for a placement. It's not like she flopped during prelims either, it was just a safe performance.
MariaAndreina

Real Life Name/Nick: Maria
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

Postby ambasing » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:24 pm

Sophia7 wrote:

This picture says it all. Celeste melted and looked like a fan instead of a Miss Universe frontrunner. R'bonny emerged to be a front runner

Ms Philippines is way prettier than Ms USA!!!not sure why she won and why the latter didn’t make it into the top 16!!
ambasing

Real Life Name/Nick: Lester
Date of Birth: 11 Feb 1990
Profession: student
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: reading books

Postby Nina Cleopatra » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:31 pm

It was all part of Paula Shuggart's plan. Leave the Asians clapping so they will align behind the "Asian American" as Salvita mentioned in a Live with Osmel. The Venezuelan fans in the venue were overwhelming and with Philippines competing, the chances of R'obbery would have been slim to none. Paula needed all Pinoys rooting for USA to counter the Latinos pressure in the audience. Celeste was 12 in my list. Not top 5 but not clapping either.
Nina Cleopatra

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1984
Profession: Queen
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: Be Pampered
Message: Who's in charge of the girls?.. I'M IN CHARGE OF THE GIRLS!

Postby Guuy_15 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:38 pm

I'm not a pageant expert and I know y'all gonna attack me after this but I knew that Celeste was going to clap and not for any reason other than she just wasn't into it.

After she was crowned MUPH, I followed her and I honestly think that her heart is not into being a Miss but more as a model. Also, I dont think she truly *feels* like a Filipina, but more Italian. This is not shade to the Philippines but like, she was born and raised in Italy and her attitude, personality, overall essence seems to more closely align culturally with Italy than with the Philippines. Sorta like someone who is born and raised in the USA but of Filipino descent. Like Miss USA.

Of course I'm sure she's proud of her Filipino roots. I mean she competed in ME rep'n PH, but ME and Miss Universe are completely different, as are the pressures that come with competing in both. I honestly do not think she thought she was going to win MUPH, but probably place high and then utilize that for, perhaps, a modeling contract.

But then she won, and then she probably didn't realize how much it truly involves to be a PH rep at Miss Universe.

I remember seeing a vid or interview of her after she competed in ME. While I dont remember her exact words she said something like she wanted to go back "home" to Italy. She literally used the word "home" when talking about Italy. It was then that I remember thinking that this cannot be good and may result in PH clapping at Miss Universe.

So yes she's gorgeous and I'm sure that she has a a successful modeling/entertainment career in front of her. But i never saw her as a real competitor in Miss Universe, and not for any other reason than her just her heart not really being in it. And i'm sure many other Pinoys share my sentiment here.

Again, not shade towards Celeste or the Philippines, but more of an observation from the outside looking in.
Guuy_15
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1979
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Lots.
Hobbies/Interests: Sex, Love and Videotape

Postby the critic » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:41 pm

PHILIPPINES AND THAILAND MISCALCULATED...MICHELLE DEE AND NICOLENE WOULDVE LIKELY DONE BETTER GIVEN WHAT THE JUDGES ENDED UP FOCUSING ON AT MISS UNIVERSE.
the critic

Date of Birth: 26 Jul 1985
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Journalist
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty, fashion photography

Postby JamesBand007 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:55 pm

ANALYSIS : Nobody is to be blamed. We were a victim of CIRCUMSTANCES. Celeste was crowned in April and we didn't know anything about the forthcoming changes with the MUO. By September-October there was a change in ownership and management. By the time Anne stepped in there was a different direction in selecting the new Miss Universe winner. Anne is very EMPHATIC about WOMAN LEADERSHIP. She wants someone who can LEAD like someone who has a track record of leadership in her bio --- be it years of volunteerism, establishing her own business, putting up her own foundation and someone who has been truly engaged with her advocacy for years and not just months. So when MUPh looked at Celeste she was ZERO in this aspect. What can the MUPh do dethrone or replaced Celeste? Of course NO so they tried to come up with involvement in the SAVE the MARAWI CHILDREN just a few months ago as Celeste's new advocacy.

Now come the Miss Universe competition proper. Anne was very involved in the selection process in the sense that she was very keen on reviewing and checking all background of the girls. SHE IS BENT ON LOOKING FOR THIS WOMAN LEADER. So when the close door interview came and am sure all girls were asked HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH YOUR ADVOCACY? WHAT COMMUNITY AND SOCIAL SERVICES HAVE YOU DONE? We know that by these two questions alone Celeste will FAIL the requirement. The close door interview focusing on woman leadership has the MOST WEIGHT among the criteria. This is where Celeste FAILED. It was NOT her prelim performance that caused her downfall. It was NOT the gown nor the lack of energy during the rehearsal. Add also to the fact that when Celeste speaks she lacks CONVICTION a trait that is very necessary in order to be an effective leader.

IMG era was more on WOMAN of SUBSTANCE and now the JKN era is all about WOMAN LEADER. The next Philippine representative SHOULD HAVE a very strong LEADERSHIP BACKGROUND and not just about advocacy. She should have a long track record of involvement in community and social services. It's like applying for a JOB (which is actually a Miss Universe job) and when they ask the girl if she has this leadership experience and she has only very little or minimal exposure then she will not be considered for the job. Given this new direction, the woman that BEST FIT to this role is ATHISA MANALO. Not only is she gorgeous and stunning but she is the CEO of her own business for years now. Also when she speaks, she speaks with authority and conviction, not the soft delicate girly girly type of voice. She is the ONLY ONE that I could think for now. Well, I also have some names in mind though not that strong, the likes of Vanessa Caro, Julia Saubier, Victoria Vincent (?), Alison Black (she opens her own ballet company?), Alaiza Malinao (she has a very good engagement with farmers in Davao), Steffi Aberasturi (she has her own online selling business), Lauren Mae Bautista (she is a councilor/politician serving in Laguna), still thinking for other girls.

BOTTOMLINE : Our next representative should not only possess the PHYSICAL BEAUTY but MORE importantly has that DRIVE to LEAD and has a proven track record of leadership or entrepreneurship in her bio. So let's stop the BLAMING and FINGER POINTING but instead focus on FINDING THIS WOMAN LEADER that we will send next year or should I say at the end of the year for the 2023 Miss Universe edition to be held this December at El Salvador.
JamesBand007
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 25 Mar 1975
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Advertising
Hobbies/Interests: sports

Postby Agua Maldita » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:59 pm

I can relate because I’m half Italian/Filipina - American. Culturally, I feel more American. Celeste was born in the Philippines and raised in Italy. Her values though are Filipino/Italian.

Guuy_15 wrote:
I'm not a pageant expert and I know y'all gonna attack me after this but I knew that Celeste was going to clap and not for any reason other than she just wasn't into it.

After she was crowned MUPH, I followed her and I honestly think that her heart is not into being a Miss but more as a model. Also, I dont think she truly *feels* like a Filipina, but more Italian. This is not shade to the Philippines but like, she was born and raised in Italy and her attitude, personality, overall essence seems to more closely align culturally with Italy than with the Philippines. Sorta like someone who is born and raised in the USA but of Filipino descent. Like Miss USA.

Of course I'm sure she's proud of her Filipino roots. I mean she competed in ME rep'n PH, but ME and Miss Universe are completely different, as are the pressures that come with competing in both. I honestly do not think she thought she was going to win MUPH, but probably place high and then utilize that for, perhaps, a modeling contract.

But then she won, and then she probably didn't realize how much it truly involves to be a PH rep at Miss Universe.

I remember seeing a vid or interview of her after she competed in ME. While I dont remember her exact words she said something like she wanted to go back "home" to Italy. She literally used the word "home" when talking about Italy. It was then that I remember thinking that this cannot be good and may result in PH clapping at Miss Universe.

So yes she's gorgeous and I'm sure that she has a a successful modeling/entertainment career in front of her. But i never saw her as a real competitor in Miss Universe, and not for any other reason than her just her heart not really being in it. And i'm sure many other Pinoys share my sentiment here.

Again, not shade towards Celeste or the Philippines, but more of an observation from the outside looking in.
ImageImage
Agua Maldita

Real Life Name/Nick: Alyssa
Date of Birth: 12 Dec 1990
Profession: Missosology Royalty
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants. GTL. Beach, Travel.

Postby puke.mo.vaho » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:59 pm

Sophia7 wrote:

Kapag ang kulay ng GOWN ay hindi bold at vibrant... wala talagang dating sa TV. =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;))
puke.mo.vaho

Profession: presstitude
Hobbies/Interests: mowdeling

Postby Bella14 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:48 am

she is a pretty girl yes! but sorry i like more gazini, pia and catriona more.
nothing against about her multiple tatts coz i also have one, but im not a beauty queen.
the tatts on her private areas and thighs are distracting...
she dont even speak Filipino and her sakang chicken legs bothers me.
sorry just saying...
she's the prettiest in ASIA tho
Last edited by Bella14 on Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
GANDA KA?
Bella14

Profession: nothing
Hobbies/Interests: nothing

Postby theblob » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:25 am

Bella14 wrote:she is a pretty girl yes! but sorry i like more gazini, pia and catriona more.
nothing against about her multiple tatts coz i also have one, but im not beauty queen.
the tatts on her private areas and thighs are distracting...
she dont even speak Filipino and her sakang chicken legs bothers me.
sorry just saying...
she's the prettiest in ASIA tho

Thank you for bringing up her chicken legs. I can’t believe y’all were so blind to think she did great in SS. She looked malnourished. Quite frankly, she underperformed in both rounds. That’s more than enough to not place.
Last edited by theblob on Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
theblob

Real Life Name/Nick: Blobberz
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2015
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Profession: Professional Trollist
Hobbies/Interests: Trolling

Postby kurtij » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:25 am

4 years of stay in the Philippines might not have been enough to fully immerse herself with the Filipino culture.
kurtij

Postby kurtij » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:48 am

But hey, our non-placement gave chance to others.
kurtij

Postby XAMURAI » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:08 am

She was in my Top 10 (specifically 7th position) because of the Filipino sponsors. But then again, a Filipino-American won! I should have anticipated that scenario but I was not so sure. I don't know how the non-inclusion of the delegate wearing the "PHILIPPINES" sash would resonate to the Filipino sponsors though...

Miss International also had the same dilemma this year when our sponsors, who mainly focused on Asian delegates prior to the finals, were also shocked with the non-inclusion of so many Asian delegates! Even Vietnam, who was our crown sponsor, was excluded despite her stellar performance and wonderful resume!

Sometimes we just don't know what the judges are thinking!
My Interview for GMA Western Visayas

[youtube]0UHn679-4P4[/youtube]
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping

Postby aldoteng » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:10 am

As pointed out by theblob and Bella14, she was rather skinny. Her thigh gap was too far apart. I thought she had the figure of a lean, albeit rather fit, older woman.

Facial beauty is always subjective. I find half of the PH's 12 placing delegates more appealing than she.

Of course she's a beautiful woman by any standard convention, but I don't think she's as drop dead goddess gorgeous as some consider her to be.
aldoteng
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: aldoteng
Date of Birth: 20 Jan 2008
Profession: Trading
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Singing in the shower

Postby beautywatchnyc » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:38 am

It's not as if the whole nation ceases to exist with Celeste's failure to bring home the crown. Her own race at the Ms U stage was run. It's for certain not the end of the world Celeste has a life ahead of her. Finger pointing and casting blame will not help they're both counterproductive. El Salvador is a huge task to reckon with -- let's close ranks, start healing now and move forward.
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy

Postby poker_man » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:43 am

I was bashed for saying that Celeste didn’t feel Filipino enough when she won, which is true. She never spoke a Filipino word when she already represented the Philippines twice in international pageants. Spain's Alicia Faubel who lived for three years in the Philippines put Celeste to shame in terms of learning the local language. Also, Celeste's profile as a model fails in comparison to the semifinalists. Not to mention, she didn't look as approachable and relatable compared to the other girls.

Celeste was at a disadvantage since there was another half Filipina in the running. R'Bonney was the better half Pinay since she had her advocacy running way before she joined Miss Universe. The minute Latinas dominated the final five, R'Bonney had it in the bag because Latinas are the worst in technical Q&A. They would deflect the question by answering differently. If one would assess Paulina Vega, Andrea Meza and Gabriela Isler, the recent Latina winners, let's face it, all of them gave forgettable generic answers. Their wins were even questionable in terms of actual impact.

This year, Puerto Rico and Venezuela, as much as they were both a complete package, were so generic with their answers, they gave motivational speaker type of answers whereas R'Bonney made sure to relate her answers to something she experienced. Dominican Republic was more direct but she was so boring to listen to, she could have snatched the crown but she had a very dull personality and she was too serious. Curacao fell apart and she couldn't get something substantial with the question given to her.

If the Philippines will continue with half Pinays, they better get someone who didn’t just visit the country to be famous. They need to find girls who have actual jobs and not only those who want to be trained and transformed during the pageant season.
poker_man

Date of Birth: 21 Jun 1985
Profession: Doctor
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty pageants

Postby Poseidon88 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:17 am

poker_man wrote:I was bashed for saying that Celeste didn’t feel Filipino enough when she won, which is true. She never spoke a Filipino word when she already represented the Philippines twice in international pageants. Spain's Alicia Faubel who lived for three years in the Philippines put Celeste to shame in terms of learning the local language. Also, Celeste's profile as a model fails in comparison to the semifinalists. Not to mention, she didn't look as approachable and relatable compared to the other girls.

Celeste was at a disadvantage since there was another half Filipina in the running. R'Bonney was the better half Pinay since she had her advocacy running way before she joined Miss Universe. The minute Latinas dominated the final five, R'Bonney had it in the bag because Latinas are the worst in technical Q&A. They would deflect the question by answering differently. If one would assess Paulina Vega, Andrea Meza and Gabriela Isler, the recent Latina winners, let's face it, all of them gave forgettable generic answers. Their wins were even questionable in terms of actual impact.

This year, Puerto Rico and Venezuela, as much as they were both a complete package, were so generic with their answers, they gave motivational speaker type of answers whereas R'Bonney made sure to relate her answers to something she experienced. Dominican Republic was more direct but she was so boring to listen to, she could have snatched the crown but she had a very dull personality and she was too serious. Curacao fell apart and she couldn't get something substantial with the question given to her.

If the Philippines will continue with half Pinays, they better get someone who didn’t just visit the country to be famous. They need to find girls who have actual jobs and not only those who want to be trained and transformed during the pageant season.

True and that's what Catriona did, she immerse herself with the culture, not to mention wearing indigenous fabrics she familiarized herself. R'Bonney can even speak in Tagalog but not Celeste
Poseidon88

Real Life Name/Nick: Cool Guy
Date of Birth: 12 Apr 1988
Profession: Model
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Pageant

Postby Ian Sebastin » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:54 am

Clap. Clap. Clap.

That is what I think about her.

Maybe it is time for the Philippines to actually start crowning girls that are Filipina and born in the Philippines. Why do they keep crowning half-Filipina girls? I mean do they not think they can win a crown with a full-blooded Filipino?

AGENT OF BEAUTY
Ian Sebastin

Profession: Insurance
Hobbies/Interests: Traveling and Beauty

Postby Barbie Dahl » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:59 am

When the eyes are bloodshot the mind is unclear. First of all, Muph has been the franchise holder of Miss Universe since 2019, so it’s still emerging and growing with the changing times, shifting priorities of MUO based on the vision of the new owner.

There was nothing wrong with Celeste’s performance or the strategies of Muph in ensuring Celeste’s performance in this year’s edition. She was perfect in all rounds of the competition. Everything else are mere speculations and explanations about her not making it.

Remember, she was selected in an event where 4 past Miss Universe winners were present.

What everybody should be discussing about is the ongoing infighting within the organization as a result of the new owner and its management team coming in; and the investigation on allegations of irregularities in the selection of Miss USA 2022 with Rboney winning.

These are the current challenges MUO is facing and must address posthaste in 2023. To prevent the escalation of the case, the org strategized and planned, and the results unfolded with Rboney winning and the top 5 having four (4) Latinas. They were able to solve two problems: (1) the investigation that could result in a possible court case that could lead to a dethronement; (2) clamor to bring back the crown to the Americas and reinvigorate MUO sagging market appeal in Latin America.

Celeste not making it in the finals was to ensure that no Asians would ruin their grand plan. She was definitely the strongest Asian candidate in 2022, hands down.

She is 10 times more marketable than Miss USA. Rboney is dry as hell, ordinary looking, flat chested. She does not even look that beautiful with all the thick make up on. Michelle Aldana in her younger days is a prettier and fresher doppelgänger.

In short, she is not fresh. She looks aged. Speaking abilities, she’s boring and is limited by what she only knows. I don’t even think she has ever travelled to the Philippines. Her winning Miss USA 2022 is shrouded in a lot of controversy. Her winning is Miss Universe 2022 only added to her current woes in the future.

There is so much vitriol against her in the Latin pageant pages. Her dry look heavily made up face will not appeal to the Thais.

At best, she will be accepted by Filipinos simply because of her being half Filipino. The new owner noted this during the press conference right after her crowning — that this would be a joyful moment even for Filipinos.

Celeste being shut out of the top 16 was already planned long before coronation night. In short, it was a business decision to address the twin challenges mentioned above.

Miss USA winning would also appease the Filipinos that would be smarting from the exclusion of Celeste. This is how business owners protect themselves, their long term interest, and the people who matter.

Ms Paula Schubert could have helped in modifying the top 16 list as she is the president. She has done this in the past. She has the power and authority to do so with the approval of the new owner and Ms Amy (CEO). They all had to save themselves, and protect the interest in the company.

In the process, the COLLATERAL DAMAGE included Celeste and Miss Thailand. The narrative to shut up pageant crazy fans from the Philippines, Vietnam, Indonesia and Thailand is so untrue. The MUO thrives from these rivalries and from pageant vlogging. They get free publicity; and the buzz, hyping and bullying from just these four countries is making a lot of money for the organization in many ways.

Pageantry is dead in North America and Europe. It’s thriving in many parts of Asia and Latin America. Business wise, the Latin American market is bigger, more robust and earns more for the organization. IMG invested so much in expanding the brand in the Asian market.

In the end, img had to sell out to Jkn as it was a losing business at the end of Harnaz’ reign. In a sense, her winning and reign did not translate to clear profits. Poor ROI.

Transformational Leadership — Miss USA 2022? Whose winning is being questioned? Who is probably the most hated in her batch? And now by the Latinos. What has she done aside from what she is doing as a designer. Her background and advocacy are not extraordinary compared let’s say to Catriona. With this as background and context, how effective will she be as a spokesperson of MUO’s new tag?

Are we that out of the 84 candidates, get professional and educational background, work experience was the most impressive???!!!! In terms of face value (sans the heavy make up on) I give her a 75; body proportion and sexiness (75); speaking skills 80; mass appeal in Asian and Latin markets — 70. Now make her stand beside Celeste, what sort of products can either sell I wonder.

I’m almost 100% sure, her reign will just be like Harnaz whose main advocacy catered only to women (ie, menstrual something). I equate transformational leadership to Miss Anne, the new owner, in every sense of that term.

Barbie Dahl

Location: One beautiful heart is better than a thousand beautiful faces.
Date of Birth: 17 Dec 1991
Profession: Flower Arranger
Hobbies/Interests: Velvet Orchids
Message: Nagthrowback ka, tapos nakalagay sa caption...Pangit pa ako diyan. Bakeet, maganda ka na ba ngayon??

Postby Flordeliza Luningning » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:01 am

Celeste's exclusion reverberated all over the world especially among pageant fans and pageant crazy countries.

The impact among Filipinos all over the world was immensely painful especially to our collective pride.

To actually do this to one of the most beautiful and well prepared Filipinas we have sent in recent years will be perceived by many as a great injustice, something that’s very hard to understand and accept.

What transformational leadership is MOU talking about? Miss USA? She may not have played a part in it, but her winning Miss USA is currently under investigation. This was the biggest hurdle the MUO org under the new owners had to settle posthaste.

Hence, they made Miss USA win. She only had to perform her best which she did in order to win. MUO leveraged her being half Filipino. Making her win would appease the Pinoys if Celeste was excluded and solve their biggest headache to date — the possibility of Rboney ‘s case going to court. I think the case has become moot and academic with Rboney being declared Miss Universe.

Miss Philippines became the SACRIFICIAL LAMB in the process, and so was Miss Thailand.

The grand plan was to bring back the crown to the Americas to appease the Latinos and ensure its dominance in Latin America and of course making USA win. This is how capitalists play the win-win game.

Compromises had to be made to address their organizational headache (rigging of Miss USA results which favored Rboney) and win back the Latin market by including reps from numerous Spanish speaking countries.

Many favorite Asian delegates this year had to take a back seat in this edition to give way to reps from the Americas.

Everything was planned out to ensure that the pain they would inflict won’t be deep — with the inclusion of Catriona as commentator, Filipino sponsors such as La Ada, Bragais and Olivia Quido, and making the half Filipino Americana bring home the title.

In the end, it won’t be a happy and productive reign for Miss USA Rboney as her noisy fans are mostly Fil Ams. Filipinos from the Philippines are still smarting from the pain of Celeste’s non inclusion in the top 16.

As for the new management, the qualities that they’re looking in the new miss Universe should have been disseminated last year so all national directors are properly informed.

New Policy pronouncements during the miss universe competition is unfair to everyone involved in the industry.

Flordeliza Luningning

Date of Birth: 09 Jan 1988
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Movie Starlet
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants
Message: From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate.

Next

Return to Miss Universe