MISS USA 2020 // MISSISSIPPI IS MISS USA 2020 // MAJOR NEWS

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2020 // WHO'S YOUR EARLY TOP 15?

Postby The Duchess » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:32 am

XAMURAI wrote:My real take on this is,.... Will there be a Miss USA???

Personally I don't believe pageants are a thing that should happen currently, too much going on around the world and specially in the US right now.

Can I ask what you opinion is on pageantry this year? BTW, I saw Ivanna's interview and I must say I was really proud of her and Miss International ORG for the work they do.

The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby XAMURAI » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:45 am

The Duchess wrote:

Personally I don't believe pageants are a thing that should happen currently, too much going on around the world and specially in the US right now.

Can I ask what you opinion is on pageantry this year? BTW, I saw Ivanna's interview and I must say I was really proud of her and Miss International ORG for the work they do.

My honest to goodness take on holding pageantry this year is this. I don't think it's the most responsible thing to do. I think that with the current situation, it is the perfect time to help each other get on their feet first, to be more resourceful and tap the available (wo)manpower that we have, to turn this "tragedy" into an opportunity by giving our beauty queens a platform to raise awareness and be a positive influence, and instead of forcing them to look for sponsors for their dresses and costumes, we should make them choose the route of being a responsible citizen who follows government orders and protocol.

As for Ivanna, you should really be proud of her! She's not just amazing, she's fun and chic at the same time, and very open-minded! I honestly wish she tries MUPR because she has the attitude of a winner. I love her!
My Interview for GMA Western Visayas

[youtube]0UHn679-4P4[/youtube]
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:51 am

I stayed as optimistic as I could for as long as possible on this, but at this point I just don't see it happening this year. I don't think it's likely that the situation regarding COVID-19 will clear up enough in the near future to make it safe to hold a pageant this year. Even if it were to subside enough, the restrictions on activities would be harsh enough that it would severely take away from the contestants' experience (likely no audience, no fun activities around the host city, abbreviated time at the pageant, etc.) That at this point, I think the best course of action is to just cancel Miss USA 2020 and also Universe, and hold everything in 2021. I hate to say it, and I really wish it didn't get to this point, but it has.
itsrowdy801
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Rowdy
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1994
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Customer Service @ Travel Startup
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, Comedy, Politics

Postby sleuth08 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:06 am

Rachel Slawson Wins The Title Miss Utah USA: I Am The First Openly Queer Pageant Winner

[youtube]adsoNGYNqvU[/youtube]
sleuth08
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 10 Dec 1977
Profession: airline load controller
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: DESTROYING MISS EARTH HATERS

Postby The Duchess » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:53 am

sleuth08 wrote:
Rachel Slawson Wins The Title Miss Utah USA: I Am The First Openly Queer Pageant Winner

In the Miss USA system?
The Duchess

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:21 am

The Duchess wrote:
sleuth08 wrote:

In the Miss USA system?

That's correct, in the Miss USA system. There was an openly lesbian Miss Missouri in the America system a few years ago, plus openly LGBT contestants the past two Universe editions.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:39 am

The Duchess wrote:
sleuth08 wrote:

In the Miss USA system?

Yeah, misleading title. First openly LGBT woman to win a state title for Miss USA. An openly lesbian woman competed at Miss America a few years back, and we all know Swe Zin Htet and Ángela Ponce at Miss Universe.
Queen of the Clouds
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Lawyer
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, music, film, politics, and parties

Postby itsrowdy801 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:18 am

I'm trying to figure out when MUO is going to make an announcement about what they're going to do. I understood that they might have been waiting a while to see how the situation developed, but it's become abundantly clear that hosting a pageant this year isn't going to be a good idea. Some of their major competitors like International and America have postponed to next year, it's time for MUO to utter a peep about their plans. I get that they're notorious for keeping everyone in the dark under the best of circumstances until the last minute, but come on. I'm tired.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:09 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:I'm trying to figure out when MUO is going to make an announcement about what they're going to do. I understood that they might have been waiting a while to see how the situation developed, but it's become abundantly clear that hosting a pageant this year isn't going to be a good idea. Some of their major competitors like International and America have postponed to next year, it's time for MUO to utter a peep about their plans. I get that they're notorious for keeping everyone in the dark under the best of circumstances until the last minute, but come on. I'm tired.

I'm getting tired of waiting. They are not a transparent organization at all, and it's quite annoying. It's really exhausting being kept in the dark over every decision they ever make. Either they don't want to inform the public, which is shady, or they're terrible at making decisions and are incapable of making a plan and sticking with it, which is unprofessional. So many other pageants that are held in the fall have already been postponed, but Miss USA, which should have already happened sticking with its normal schedule has not had any news at all. Just not okay at all in my opinion.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby The Duchess » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:34 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:I'm trying to figure out when MUO is going to make an announcement about what they're going to do. I understood that they might have been waiting a while to see how the situation developed, but it's become abundantly clear that hosting a pageant this year isn't going to be a good idea. Some of their major competitors like International and America have postponed to next year, it's time for MUO to utter a peep about their plans. I get that they're notorious for keeping everyone in the dark under the best of circumstances until the last minute, but come on. I'm tired.

I'm getting tired of waiting. They are not a transparent organization at all, and it's quite annoying. It's really exhausting being kept in the dark over every decision they ever make. Either they don't want to inform the public, which is shady, or they're terrible at making decisions and are incapable of making a plan and sticking with it, which is unprofessional. So many other pageants that are held in the fall have already been postponed, but Miss USA, which should have already happened sticking with its normal schedule has not had any news at all. Just not okay at all in my opinion.

Thats exactly why I made the long post I did about what I would yesterday, because I'm sick and tired of waiting for pageants to make a choice
The Duchess

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:06 am

I was willing to give them a break while they gauged the situation and debated options, but they've had almost three months at this point to have those discussions. Even their contestants and directors are in the dark as far as I know. You're a hundred percent spot on with what you said about them either being shady or unprofessional. It's one thing for them to always wait until the last second to announce which low-budget boring city they're hosting their pageant in, it's another for them to provide no information whatsoever about their plans in the midst of a global pandemic.
itsrowdy801

Postby The Duchess » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:46 pm

Denise said today that while the MUO has not made an official announcement, they have been informed that as of today Miss Universe 2020 is planned to be in the first trimester of 2021
The Duchess

Postby itsrowdy801 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:06 pm

The Duchess wrote:Denise said today that while the MUO has not made an official announcement, they have been informed that as of today Miss Universe 2020 is planned to be in the first trimester of 2021

I'm not so sure about this. It'd be great if that could happen, but I'm not sure. I think it's too early to say that hosting a major pageant is or isn't possible in the first trimester of 2021, but the question is if it'll be safe to host all the qualifying national pageants in the interim. We'll see.
itsrowdy801

Postby The Duchess » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:07 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
The Duchess wrote:Denise said today that while the MUO has not made an official announcement, they have been informed that as of today Miss Universe 2020 is planned to be in the first trimester of 2021

I'm not so sure about this. It'd be great if that could happen, but I'm not sure. I think it's too early to say that hosting a major pageant is or isn't possible in the first trimester of 2021, but the question is if it'll be safe to host all the qualifying national pageants in the interim. We'll see.

I am still strong in my belief that the 2020 editions are too dangerous but it seems that some pageants really cant afford not to have a pageant
The Duchess

Postby itsrowdy801 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:13 pm

The Duchess wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

I am still strong in my belief that the 2020 editions are too dangerous but it seems that some pageants really cant afford not to have a pageant

Maybe outdoor pageants might be possible at some point? It's starting to look like outdoor transmission is lower risk, and there are amphitheaters and the like that could make sense. I'm doubtful it'll happen this summer, and if they do go the outdoor route weather would be a factor after the summer, but it's a possibility, and I don't recall Miss USA ever being held in an outdoor venue
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:24 pm

We all expected it to be pushed back, but I wonder if first trimester of 2021 is wishful thinking too? If there's a second wave like people expect there to be, we'll have to see if that gets settled by April 2021. I also especially wonder what they're going to be doing with Miss USA then. It looks extremely unlikely they can hold the pageant in 2020, so when would it happen? Just a month before Miss Universe in the first trimester of 2021 too? Even then, that's still risky, the US is the worst country in the world for COVID-19 (I'm assuming Miss Universe would have to be somewhere abroad that hasn't been hit as hard) and if I'm already doubting Miss Universe could go ahead by April, I doubt Miss USA could happen safely before then. I guess they'd have to just appoint Allie and move this class a year back, we'll see.

I'm just a bit pessimistic that pageantry will be able to safely return before we get a vaccine. I was seeing that a vaccine shouldn't be expected until September 2021, but I think I saw recently that they were ramping up progress so hopefully we can get it sooner than that.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:05 am

We all expected it to be pushed back, but I wonder if first trimester of 2021 is wishful thinking too? If there's a second wave like people expect there to be, we'll have to see if that gets settled by April 2021. I also especially wonder what they're going to be doing with Miss USA then. It looks extremely unlikely they can hold the pageant in 2020, so when would it happen? Just a month before Miss Universe in the first trimester of 2021 too? Even then, that's still risky, the US is the worst country in the world for COVID-19 (I'm assuming Miss Universe would have to be somewhere abroad that hasn't been hit as hard) and if I'm already doubting Miss Universe could go ahead by April, I doubt Miss USA could happen safely before then. I guess they'd have to just appoint Allie and move this class a year back, we'll see.

I'm just a bit pessimistic that pageantry will be able to safely return before we get a vaccine. I was seeing that a vaccine shouldn't be expected until September 2021, but I think I saw recently that they were ramping up progress so hopefully we can get it sooner than that.

I seldom hear people breaking down years in "trimesters" instead of quarters, so that leads me to believe they're looking at the later part of the first trimester - April 2021ish or a little earlier. It's possible that they'll have Miss USA a little bit before then, but they still have 80+ countries that want to send delegates that would all need to host their pageants in a pretty tight time frame.

I'm doubtful we'll get a vaccine sooner than Autumn 2021 honestly, I'm a lot more hopeful we'll have an effective treatment in the coming months though that I think would make it safer to greatly decrease social distancing measures. Once we have more evidence shows about how the virus spreads outdoors might make it okay to host the pageant in an outdoor amphitheater with social distancing, but I'm not sure.

Basically all those possibilities I outlined are dependent on luck. I'd love it if we could have an effective treatment tomorrow or if we knew outdoor transmission was relatively safe, but for right now we don't know any of that, and as such I think it's too early to be setting any dates in stone until we know more.
itsrowdy801

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:08 pm

Now Instagram is abuzz with rumors that they're looking on hosting Miss USA in November of this year. We'll see how possible that looks in the coming months, they can always change it (Philippines has changed their pageant date like, three times) but honestly I'm a little happy we're hearing something. They've been silent for too long
itsrowdy801

Postby Jaishee » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:17 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:Now Instagram is abuzz with rumors that they're looking on hosting Miss USA in November of this year. We'll see how possible that looks in the coming months, they can always change it (Philippines has changed their pageant date like, three times) but honestly I'm a little happy we're hearing something. They've been silent for too long

that would be okay definitely
TEAM PHILIPPINES 2024
UNIVERSE: -
WORLD: GWEN FOURNIOL
EARTH: -
INTERNATIONAL: ANGELICA LOPEZ
SUPRANATIONAL: ALETHEA AMBROSIO
Jaishee
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jaishee
Date of Birth: 08 Mar 1998
Profession: Physiotherapy Graduate
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:38 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:Now Instagram is abuzz with rumors that they're looking on hosting Miss USA in November of this year. We'll see how possible that looks in the coming months, they can always change it (Philippines has changed their pageant date like, three times) but honestly I'm a little happy we're hearing something. They've been silent for too long

I'd wish they'd actually tell us what's going on instead of rumors spreading, but this is the MUO so I'm not surprised. I honestly doubt they can do Miss USA this fall unless it's an online pageant. I see this as either fan rumors with no validity or just wishful thinking from the MUO.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:02 am

I'd wish they'd actually tell us what's going on instead of rumors spreading, but this is the MUO so I'm not surprised. I honestly doubt they can do Miss USA this fall unless it's an online pageant. I see this as either fan rumors with no validity or just wishful thinking from the MUO.

I'm hoping a more detailed announcement straight from the horse's mouth comes from MUO soon. I think it's foolish to set everything in stone at this point, but if MUO is finally going to say anything, I'll take that as a victory.
itsrowdy801

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:25 am

Question, what do y'all think about Michigan, especially in light of everything going on in the world?

Of course, she's a black woman herself and she has shown support on social media for the BLM movement, so I might be overthinking it, but there's a lot of animosity towards law enforcement in this country right now, even resulting in the cancellation of long-running tv shows like COPS. She's a probation officer, and I'm worried that IMG might not be too keen on "crowning a cop" right now. On the other hand, having a BIPOC in Law Enforcement as a public figure could help bridge a divide.

That said, I really do like Chanel, she's been high on my maybes list for some time, so I hope her chances aren't completely DOA at this point, but I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on this.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:50 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:Question, what do y'all think about Michigan, especially in light of everything going on in the world?

Of course, she's a black woman herself and she has shown support on social media for the BLM movement, so I might be overthinking it, but there's a lot of animosity towards law enforcement in this country right now, even resulting in the cancellation of long-running tv shows like COPS. She's a probation officer, and I'm worried that IMG might not be too keen on "crowning a cop" right now. On the other hand, having a BIPOC in Law Enforcement as a public figure could help bridge a divide.

That said, I really do like Chanel, she's been high on my maybes list for some time, so I hope her chances aren't completely DOA at this point, but I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on this.

I think since she's a probation officer and not a uniformed police officer arresting people that there's a difference. Whether this is what she actually does or not, she will probably frame her career as being focused on helping incarcerated people and rehabilitating them so they can return to living normal lives on the real world. If she does that, I don't think she'll suffer at all. If she was actually a police officer though, I don't think she'd have a shot. Being a POC cop does not grant you any sympathy, I think to some degree it's even worse, as you're taking part in something that actively is oppressing your own people.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby The Duchess » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:12 pm

I didnt know she was, given that I was completely lost from pageantry this month hahaha. But I think she can twist it positively as a probation officer, but we'll see :/

Btw, what you guys think of Ohio? I heard shes puertorrican or half puertorrican
The Duchess

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:18 pm

The Duchess wrote:I didnt know she was, given that I was completely lost from pageantry this month hahaha. But I think she can twist it positively as a probation officer, but we'll see :/

Btw, what you guys think of Ohio? I heard shes puertorrican or half puertorrican

I love Ohio. She's a stunner and she seems like she has a really great personality too. I think she'll place, not sure how far she'll get though. I think she's full Puerto Rican, may have been born in Puerto Rico too.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby The Duchess » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:46 pm

The Duchess wrote:I didnt know she was, given that I was completely lost from pageantry this month hahaha. But I think she can twist it positively as a probation officer, but we'll see :/

I love Ohio. She's a stunner and she seems like she has a really great personality too. I think she'll place, not sure how far she'll get though. I think she's full Puerto Rican, may have been born in Puerto Rico too.

Oh great, im in love with her but I wanted to see if i was being objective hahahah
The Duchess

Postby Juan Sebastian » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:55 pm

I am almost 100% sure USA will win Miss Universe this year, Olivia Culpo style like 2012. Because of the current situation I’m expecting another quick low budget pageant and they’ll invest a lot into her like they did with Olivia.

I also think she will for sure be Black because of the Black Lives Matter movement, only white girl who has a shot is Utah because she is LGBTQ+

I need to read more about the Black candidates because I’m sure one of them is Miss Universe 2020, sure of it
[youtube]Dq_uy1qcO-k[/youtube][youtube]5hXShNmEc44[/youtube][youtube]tQbbdvmyjS8[/youtube]
Juan Sebastian

Real Life Name/Nick: Juan Sebastian
Date of Birth: 06 Apr 1990
Profession: Pharmacist
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: music, gambling & miss universe
Message: Like give it up at this point. It's me, I win, you lose hahahahaha

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:15 pm

How the hell Trump has had public rallies and we are still not sure about having Miss USA 2020.

Jonathan Nguyen

Real Life Name/Nick: Jonathan Nguyen
Date of Birth: 10 Aug 1997
Profession: Software Developer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe and Miss World

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:34 pm

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:How the hell Trump has had public rallies and we are still not sure about having Miss USA 2020.

Stooping to the level of Trump supporters isn't necessarily the best course of action at all. If I were to do everything Trump supporters do, I'd be a horrible individual lmao.

That said, I do think the fact that the protests going on right now (outdoors and masked) haven't really caused much of a spread in cases, which MIGHT be a sign that it may be safe to have an outdoor pageant with a masked audience. Of course, the protests are a lot more important to a lot more people, but the fact that transmission at protests isn't that common does give me hope that Miss USA can go on with certain preventative measures in place.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:56 pm

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:How the hell Trump has had public rallies and we are still not sure about having Miss USA 2020.

Because Trump doesn't care about safety. We're above that.
Queen of the Clouds

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe