MISS USA 2020 // MISSISSIPPI IS MISS USA 2020 // MAJOR NEWS

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2020 // WHO'S YOUR EARLY TOP 15?

Postby taleyblue » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:34 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:
New York was miss earth usa2017!!she got it!!she is strong one but lacks facial beauty!

girl....did you just say NEW YORK lacks facial beauty? You're clearly wrong

Who r u? Im God of beauty! >:)She can go far as 1st runner up but a winner is a nooo! she's kind the same level as 1st runner up of Olivia Culpo..

I like Andreia more than Nana, but that's a matter of opinion. It's a matter of fact that Andreia is drop-dead gorgeous. She has one of the most stunning faces I've ever seen.
ok but i can't stand your taste in beauty! miss USA nowadays not focus much on beauty so she might has the chance to win!but in miss universe she will be just like the past ordinary miss usa!no more than top10!! Olivia Jordan go far to the top5 because she is gorgeous high calibre beauty!the last deserved one to make top5 was Sarah Rose summer!but she didn't make it because her attitude that she talked about miss Vietnam!if New York win MUSA she will be the weakest miss usa!for my taste she will clap hard in Miss Universe!sorry im honest person!

1) I know Miss USA isn't just about beauty nor should it be, and never claimed it was. It's still insane to call Andreia "facially weak"

2) New York isn't even my favorite, as you can see I have three others ahead of her right now.

3) Olivia didn't just get to top 5 for her beauty, she was and still is the total package

4) IMO Sarah didn't at all deserve Top 5, Vietnam/Cambodia incident aside. All of the 2018 Miss Universe Top 5 finalists were miles ahead of her. And I love Cheslie and think she's a great Miss USA.

5) Andreia would not clap at Miss Universe, and she would not be the weakest Miss USA - not even close.
for Sarah rose i means she has the face to make the top5 or the winner!!she was the front runner no1 to win Miss Universe 2018 not only Catriona!if Olivia has a face as of 2016 2017 2019 she will not make it far!! facial beauty is still very important to make the top5 or a winner!last year girl did not deserved to make a top10!! [-X New York will not win MUSA!!sorry Noooo! beauty pageant or model isn't for every girl who has a dream!!yes u can dream but for successful in a big beauty pageant u need a high quality!Many pinoys fans from Miss earth are rooting for her to win!i know u r one of them!

taleyblue
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Date of Birth: 17 Apr 1981
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: God of beauty!
Hobbies/Interests: Running ,Gym & beauty pageant
Message: Once You Start Believing In Yourself, Magic Starts Happening!

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:41 am

taleyblue wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:
New York was miss earth usa2017!!she got it!!she is strong one but lacks facial beauty!

Who r u? Im God of beauty! >:)She can go far as 1st runner up but a winner is a nooo! she's kind the same level as 1st runner up of Olivia Culpo..

I like Andreia more than Nana, but that's a matter of opinion. It's a matter of fact that Andreia is drop-dead gorgeous. She has one of the most stunning faces I've ever seen.
ok but i can't stand your taste in beauty! miss USA nowadays not focus much on beauty so she might has the chance to win!but in miss universe she will be just like the past ordinary miss usa!no more than top10!! Olivia Jordan go far to the top5 because she is gorgeous high calibre beauty!the last deserved one to make top5 was Sarah Rose summer!but she didn't make it because her attitude that she talked about miss Vietnam!if New York win MUSA she will be the weakest miss usa!for my taste she will clap hard in Miss Universe!sorry im honest person!

1) I know Miss USA isn't just about beauty nor should it be, and never claimed it was. It's still insane to call Andreia "facially weak"

2) New York isn't even my favorite, as you can see I have three others ahead of her right now.

3) Olivia didn't just get to top 5 for her beauty, she was and still is the total package

4) IMO Sarah didn't at all deserve Top 5, Vietnam/Cambodia incident aside. All of the 2018 Miss Universe Top 5 finalists were miles ahead of her. And I love Cheslie and think she's a great Miss USA.

5) Andreia would not clap at Miss Universe, and she would not be the weakest Miss USA - not even close.
for Sarah rose i means she has the face to make the top5 or the winner!!she was the front runner no1 to win Miss Universe 2018 not only Catriona!if Olivia has a face as of 2016 2017 2019 she will not make it far!! facial beauty is still very important to make the top5 or a winner!last year girl did not deserved to make a top10!! [-X New York will not win MUSA!!sorry Noooo! beauty pageant or model isn't for every girl who has a dream!!yes u can dream but for successful in a big beauty pageant u need a high quality!Many pinoys fans from Miss earth are rooting for her to win!i know u r one of them!

Sarah was by no means EVER a frontrunner at Miss Universe. Don't get me wrong, I liked her and I think the Vietnam/Cambodia "scandal" was a non-issue that fans overreacted to, but she was never going to win and she was lucky to make semifinals. She was a good pick for Miss USA because she destroyed her competition that night, but she was not at all competitive enough to win internationally.

I don't know why you seem to think Andreia has no chance, she is looked at by pretty much everyone else as one of the biggest frontrunners. You can dislike her, but saying things like "she lacks facial beauty" as if it's an objective statement is not doing you any good considering how many people disagree with that. I don't know if she'll win, but she surely has a chance.
Queen of the Clouds
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Lawyer
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, music, film, politics, and parties

Postby itsrowdy801 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:59 am

taleyblue wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:

I'm not pinoy, I'm a white boy from Utah, and I don't follow Miss Earth closely, I just think New York is gorgeous and a fabulous walker. And, again, New York isn't even one of my top three favorites. But she undeniably has a serious shot of winning, and if she does she'll be a fabulous Miss USA and do serious damage at Miss Universe, and your belief that she lacks facial beauty is a very unpopular opinion.
itsrowdy801
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Rowdy
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1994
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Customer Service @ Travel Startup
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, Comedy, Politics

Postby taleyblue » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:02 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:
taleyblue wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:

Sarah was by no means EVER a frontrunner at Miss Universe. Don't get me wrong, I liked her and I think the Vietnam/Cambodia "scandal" was a non-issue that fans overreacted to, but she was never going to win and she was lucky to make semifinals. She was a good pick for Miss USA because she destroyed her competition that night, but she was not at all competitive enough to win internationally.

I don't know why you seem to think Andreia has no chance, she is looked at by pretty much everyone else as one of the biggest frontrunners. You can dislike her, but saying things like "she lacks facial beauty" as if it's an objective statement is not doing you any good considering how many people disagree with that. I don't know if she'll win, but she surely has a chance.

Sure she has a chance for others but not for me!!im god of beauty i would love to see the real beauty to win the crown! it's a beauty pageant!! and ofcause USA is the owner of Miss Universe so u don't care !u can put your representative in a top 15 or top10 at Miss Universe even she did not deserved!
taleyblue

Postby itsrowdy801 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:06 am

The Duchess wrote:Panama just posted that the 1st Runner-Up, Carmen Jaramillo, will be the new Senorita Panama and that MUO gave the NDs the option to give the right of representation by right of Sucession not decree.

This
Just
Got
Interesting

On this note (not strictly USA related, but she previously competed in the Miss USA system) but does anyone remember if Destani Noel was 1RU at Miss Universe USVI ? I can't remember her exact placement there, but if so, Destani going to Universe is a win in my book. I LOVE her.
itsrowdy801

Postby taleyblue » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:13 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:

I'm not pinoy, I'm a white boy from Utah, and I don't follow Miss Earth closely, I just think New York is gorgeous and a fabulous walker. And, again, New York isn't even one of my top three favorites. But she undeniably has a serious shot of winning, and if she does she'll be a fabulous Miss USA and do serious damage at Miss Universe, and your belief that she lacks facial beauty is a very unpopular opinion.
Last edited by taleyblue on Sun May 03, 2020 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taleyblue

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:16 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
The Duchess wrote:Panama just posted that the 1st Runner-Up, Carmen Jaramillo, will be the new Senorita Panama and that MUO gave the NDs the option to give the right of representation by right of Sucession not decree.

This
Just
Got
Interesting

On this note (not strictly USA related, but she previously competed in the Miss USA system) but does anyone remember if Destani Noel was 1RU at Miss Universe USVI ? I can't remember her exact placement there, but if so, Destani going to Universe is a win in my book. I LOVE her.

She won Miss Supranational USVI at the competition. If USVI goes by what Panama did, they'll pick the girl who placed the highest without winning a title. Technically, Carmen was 4RU at Miss Panama 2019, but the competition awarded three crowns so she was the highest placing girl without a crown. I'd rather Destani go to Miss USA anyways, I don't think she has any actual connection to USVI and the carpetbagging is too much for me. She'll prob win a state title if she decides to go back next time.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby sarahlock » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:07 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:

This
Just
Got
Interesting

She won Miss Supranational USVI at the competition. If USVI goes by what Panama did, they'll pick the girl who placed the highest without winning a title. Technically, Carmen was 4RU at Miss Panama 2019, but the competition awarded three crowns so she was the highest placing girl without a crown. I'd rather Destani go to Miss USA anyways, I don't think she has any actual connection to USVI and the carpetbagging is too much for me. She'll prob win a state title if she decides to go back next time.

you sound incredibly uninformed Queen of Clouds...per usual. Destani does in fact have connections to USVI. Her family has had roots there throughout her childhood and when her father was killed in a drunk driving accident she reconnected with a part of her past. The leniency with drunk driving on the island is rampant and killing many people. She had every right to compete.

Your accusations of carpetbagging on here is too much for many of us....given that you know very little about who these women are. You gotta take a chill pill and stop with false accusations and hate covered up as opinion and/or preference. Anyone who actually knows and has met these women like myself thinks its completely laughable. It screams crazed fan.
sarahlock
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 01 Mar 1990
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: writer
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: MUO consultant

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:10 pm

sarahlock wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

This
Just
Got
Interesting

you sound incredibly uninformed Queen of Clouds...per usual. Destani does in fact have connections to USVI. Her family has had roots there throughout her childhood and when her father was killed in a drunk driving accident she reconnected with a part of her past. The leniency with drunk driving on the island is rampant and killing many people. She had every right to compete.

Your accusations of carpetbagging on here is too much for many of us....given that you know very little about who these women are. You gotta take a chill pill and stop with false accusations and hate covered up as opinion and/or preference. Anyone who actually knows and has met these women like myself thinks its completely laughable. It screams crazed fan.

I'm so sorry I forgot that you were best friends with every girl that has ever competed in a pageant Miss I Work for IMG Yet Unleash Every Opinion I Have on Every Client on a Forum.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby sarahlock » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:22 pm

sarahlock wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

This
Just
Got
Interesting

I'm so sorry I forgot that you were best friends with every girl that has ever competed in a pageant Miss I Work for IMG Yet Unleash Every Opinion I Have on Every Client on a Forum.

It's not an opinion, they are facts. Again, I am just calling you out on the wrong information you are spouting out. Stop doing it and you won't get called out. It's very disturbing for people like you to start these pages, not in support of all the women, but to just throw your opinions onto them. That is not a true fan. Leave the opinions and facts up to the judges. You haven't put up one piece of valuable information about any of these women....try that. If I have an opinion it's gonna be a positive one PERIOD. I don't come on here to say who I think shouldn't do what, etc. etc.

Yes, I have met many of these women. Don't you wish that you could as well to actually get an informed opinion on them instead of what you are guessing from Instagram? If not, then why are you talking just to talk?
sarahlock

Date of Birth: 01 Mar 1990
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: writer
Hobbies/Interests: MUO consultant

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:47 am

sarahlock wrote:
sarahlock wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

This
Just
Got
Interesting

It's not an opinion, they are facts. Again, I am just calling you out on the wrong information you are spouting out. Stop doing it and you won't get called out. It's very disturbing for people like you to start these pages, not in support of all the women, but to just throw your opinions onto them. That is not a true fan. Leave the opinions and facts up to the judges. You haven't put up one piece of valuable information about any of these women....try that. If I have an opinion it's gonna be a positive one PERIOD. I don't come on here to say who I think shouldn't do what, etc. etc.

Yes, I have met many of these women. Don't you wish that you could as well to actually get an informed opinion on them instead of what you are guessing from Instagram? If not, then why are you talking just to talk?

QotC wasn't bashing Destani at all. In fact, she's complimented her heavily in the past, she just doesn't love the state/country/territory-hopping trend, and I think that's a fair position to take.

Though it's not my own, I want to see Destani compete at Miss USA or Miss Universe and take all the chances she can get. Granted, she does have a few more years of eligibility, but she lives in Texas now which is a lot more competitive than DC or Virginia. Of course, I adore her and believe she could win anywhere (honestly, I'm surprised she hasn't already), she's one of my absolute favorite people in pageantry right now, so I'd love to see her compete back in the USA system. If she does, she'll have a serious shot to win Miss USA and go to Miss Universe anyway in my book.
itsrowdy801

Postby pippo93 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:20 am

ACCORDING TO "ROAD TO MISS USA" PAGE, THE PAGEANT WILL HELD IN AUGUST!

AND I DON'T MIND IT BECAUSE UNTIL 2011 MISS USA WAS HELD ALWAYS 2-3 MONTHS BEFORE MISS UNIVERSE.

IN THE 90s AND IN 2000 MISS USA WAS HELD ALWAYS IN FEBRUARY AND MISS UNIVERSE IN MAY (EXCEPT 1990 WHEN MISS USA WAS ON MARCH AND MISS UNIVERSE IN APRIL; AND MISS USA 1998 IN MARCH)

2001 - 2002 MISS USA IN MARCH, UNIVERSE IN MAY
2003 USA MARCH, UNIVERSE JUNE
2004 USA MARCH, UNIVERSE JUNE
2005 USA APRIL, UNIVERSE MAY
2006 USA APRIL, UNIVERSE JULY
2007 USA MARCH - UNIVERSE MAY
2008 USA APRIL - UNIVERSE JULY
2009 USA IN APRIL - UNIVERSE AUGUST
2010 USA IN MAY - UNIVERSE AUGUST
2011 USA IN JUNE - UNIVERSE SEPTEMBER

BETWEEN 1952 AND 1964 MISS USA AND MISS UNIVERSE WERE HELD SIMULTANEOUSLY.

1965 USA JUNE - UNIVERSE JULY
1966 TO 1977 and 1980 TO 1986 USA MAY - UNIVERSE JULY
1978 - 1979 USA IN APRIL - UNIVERSE IN JULY
1987 USA IN FEBRUARY - UNIVERSE IN MAY
1988 USA IN MARCH - UNIVERSE IN MAY
1989 USA IN FEBRUARY - UNIVERSE IN MAY

SINCE 2012 INSTEAD BETWEEN USA AND UNIVERSE THERE WAS A GAP OF 6 MONTHS

SO I DON'T MIND IF MISS UNIVERSE WILL BE HELD IN AUGUST OR LATER. USA AND UNIVERSE HAVE THE SAME FORMAT, SO PREPARATION FOR MISS USA TRAINING ALSO FOR UNIVERSE
pippo93

Date of Birth: 29 Sep 1993
Profession: Medical Doctor, Resident in Nephrology
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:29 am

pippo93 wrote:ACCORDING TO "ROAD TO MISS USA" PAGE, THE PAGEANT WILL HELD IN AUGUST!

AND I DON'T MIND IT BECAUSE UNTIL 2011 MISS USA WAS HELD ALWAYS 2-3 MONTHS BEFORE MISS UNIVERSE.

IN THE 90s AND IN 2000 MISS USA WAS HELD ALWAYS IN FEBRUARY AND MISS UNIVERSE IN MAY (EXCEPT 1990 WHEN MISS USA WAS ON MARCH AND MISS UNIVERSE IN APRIL; AND MISS USA 1998 IN MARCH)

SO I DON'T MIND IF MISS UNIVERSE WILL BE HELD IN AUGUST OR LATER. USA AND UNIVERSE HAVE THE SAME FORMAT, SO PREPARATION FOR MISS USA TRAINING ALSO FOR UNIVERSE

In my opinion, that's the way to go as of right now. I don't think it'd be terrible to have just a few months between USA and Universe given the circumstances. I think it's too early to give the title to Allie, as much as I may love her, I'd consider that to be a backup plan - it's quite possible that things will start to clear up by late summer, projections show the virus will have peaked well before then.
itsrowdy801

Postby taleyblue » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:23 am

Ok i found some info of Miss Ohio!!to confirm that she is a girl who come with no7!!her last name got 7 letters also she wear a shoe no7!!u go girl!! >=p
taleyblue

Postby taleyblue » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:39 pm

This is what we expected from you USA!!! crown her now!!! >:) Idaho!!Ohio!!Marryland!!i think Idaho has big potential!i need to see her walk!!
taleyblue

Postby taleyblue » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:59 pm

taleyblue wrote:This is what we expected from you USA!!! crown her now!!! >:) Idaho!!Ohio!!Marryland!!i think Idaho has big potential!i need to see her walk!!

Is her birthday on 17!!?stay tuned!!

taleyblue

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:29 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
pippo93 wrote:ACCORDING TO "ROAD TO MISS USA" PAGE, THE PAGEANT WILL HELD IN AUGUST!

In my opinion, that's the way to go as of right now. I don't think it'd be terrible to have just a few months between USA and Universe given the circumstances. I think it's too early to give the title to Allie, as much as I may love her, I'd consider that to be a backup plan - it's quite possible that things will start to clear up by late summer, projections show the virus will have peaked well before then.

Of course, holding a Miss USA 2020 this year is the best case-scenario, I just worry whether it's possible. There are more than 500,000 confirmed cases in the US, and the number is still growing now in April; keep in mind, these are also only confirmed cases, and the real number may even be double that. My cousin was informally diagnosed by her doctor but was refused actual testing, so her case was never reported, and there are definitely many more people with that story and many others who never went to a doctor entirely. This quarantine isn't going to really end until an overwhelming majority of those 500,000+ people either recover or sadly pass away. While they are infected, they are still contagious and if the quarantine ends, they will continue infecting people. Since the number of confirmed infections is still growing anyways, it will probably be an even higher number we must take on in the end. Just because the rate of infection is decreasing doesn't mean we're in the clear, the infection rate is decreasing because we're quarantining. If we stop anytime soon, the rate will begin to increase again. We need to wait until most of the cases are done with, and I don't think that necessarily will happen by August because there are still people who refuse to stay at home and politicians who refuse to take things seriously.

Even if things do work themselves out by summertime, the MUO would need to find a host city (specifically in a state with no ban on public gatherings) and organize a show, with a probable time frame of only a month or so? That just doesn't seem possible to me. The most realistic option for me seems to be appointing Allie and then holding Miss Universe 2020 in December/January when things will probably be settled down, then doing Miss USA 2021 with the class of 2020.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:40 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:

Of course, holding a Miss USA 2020 this year is the best case-scenario, I just worry whether it's possible. There are more than 500,000 confirmed cases in the US, and the number is still growing now in April; keep in mind, these are also only confirmed cases, and the real number may even be double that. My cousin was informally diagnosed by her doctor but was refused actual testing, so her case was never reported, and there are definitely many more people with that story and many others who never went to a doctor entirely. This quarantine isn't going to really end until an overwhelming majority of those 500,000+ people either recover or sadly pass away. While they are infected, they are still contagious and if the quarantine ends, they will continue infecting people. Since the number of confirmed infections is still growing anyways, it will probably be an even higher number we must take on in the end. Just because the rate of infection is decreasing doesn't mean we're in the clear, the infection rate is decreasing because we're quarantining. If we stop anytime soon, the rate will begin to increase again. We need to wait until most of the cases are done with, and I don't think that necessarily will happen by August because there are still people who refuse to stay at home and politicians who refuse to take things seriously.

Even if things do work themselves out by summertime, the MUO would need to find a host city (specifically in a state with no ban on public gatherings) and organize a show, with a probable time frame of only a month or so? That just doesn't seem possible to me. The most realistic option for me seems to be appointing Allie and then holding Miss Universe 2020 in December/January when things will probably be settled down, then doing Miss USA 2021 with the class of 2020.

MUO often finds their host cities at the last minute, so I'm not too concerned. I'm predicting that more conservative states & cities are going to open back up first, so if they have it this year it'll probably be somewhere like that.

I think we need pageants now more than ever, and major events stimulate the economy and especially the hospitality industry that I've been working in for years... I am not really on board with cancelling everything for a year or more.

If things are still bad in the summer which I'm hoping it won't be, then we can talk about giving Allie the reigns, but there would also be something to be said about also cancelling Miss Universe too since Zozi's reign has been spent in isolation so she might deserve a longer one.
itsrowdy801

Postby itsrowdy801 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:47 am

So apparently MUO has given national directors three options.

a) To appoint the 1RU from last year to the title
b) to hold a virtual contest
c) to hold their contests later in the year, but before November 1.

So I think option B is the worst idea of the bunch - I'm sorry, but in my opinion, a virtual contest is just tacky and stupid, and these women deserve to compete for real, whether that happens this year or in 2021.

Option C is, in my opinion, still possible. Even if they can't make a decision til the end of summer, that still gives them two months to organize and plan a pageant, roughly the same time frame they planned Miss Universe 2019 on. I see three possibilities for how the virus and social distancing guidelines might look, and we should plan accordingly.

1: The curve has been flattened enough that a large event with thousands of spectators is still allowable. In this case, they should hold the contest as normal, in an arena filled with cheering fans.
2: Social distancing guidelines have been reduced allowing smaller groups of less than ~100 to congregate, but major events are discouraged or banned. In this case, an audience-less pageant will be the way to go
3: Social distancing guidelines are still very strong, it's not feasable to hold a pageant this year. If this is the case, I'd be torn between either appointing Allie to Miss USA 2020, or also cancelling Miss Universe 2020 also and allowing Zozi to have a longer reign since so much of hers would have been spent in the New York apartment instead of travelling, attending appearances, and working towards her causes, but it doesn't seem as if MUO is planning to cancel this year's Miss Universe edition at this time.
itsrowdy801

Postby XAMURAI » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:39 am

Miss USA should be held in Alaska, Wyoming or Hawaii. They have less cases and less deaths.
My Interview for GMA Western Visayas

[youtube]0UHn679-4P4[/youtube]
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping

Postby itsrowdy801 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:55 am

XAMURAI wrote:Miss USA should be held in Alaska, Wyoming or Hawaii. They have less cases and less deaths.

My bet for host city (if they hold a pageant at all this year) is it will be in a red state with a Republican governor. I think, if reopening schedule is up to governors as it's looking like it will be, there is going to be a big partisan divide and the Democratic governors will be more likely to ban major events for longer.

That'd eliminate Hawaii as a possibility, along with Nevada and surprisingly Louisiana as they all have Democratic governors.

Wyoming & Alaska are in the middle of nowhere and hard to get to for most people, and on top of that not very desirable states to visit.

I would be stoked if it's somewhere like Biloxi, I'm always rooting for the beachy destinations
itsrowdy801

Postby pippo93 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:38 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:Miss USA should be held in Alaska, Wyoming or Hawaii. They have less cases and less deaths.

My bet for host city (if they hold a pageant at all this year) is it will be in a red state with a Republican governor. I think, if reopening schedule is up to governors as it's looking like it will be, there is going to be a big partisan divide and the Democratic governors will be more likely to ban major events for longer.

That'd eliminate Hawaii as a possibility, along with Nevada and surprisingly Louisiana as they all have Democratic governors.

Wyoming & Alaska are in the middle of nowhere and hard to get to for most people, and on top of that not very desirable states to visit.

I would be stoked if it's somewhere like Biloxi, I'm always rooting for the beachy destinations

BILOXI :hx IT WOULD BE AWESOME.

BUT THE FIRST CITY I LOVE TO SEE AS HOST IS ABSOLUTELY CHARLESTON WITH HER WONDERFUL GARDENS. I LOVE TO SEE GLAMSHOTS WITH GIRLS SPORT A 20s STYLE (ALTOUGH IT WAS ALSO USED IN 2013 BY FADIL)
I ALSO LIKE TO SEE SEATTLE OR LAKELAND BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW IS THE COVID SITUATION IN THOSE CITIES AND STATES
pippo93

Postby itsrowdy801 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:07 am

pippo93 wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

BUT THE FIRST CITY I LOVE TO SEE AS HOST IS ABSOLUTELY CHARLESTON WITH HER WONDERFUL GARDENS. I LOVE TO SEE GLAMSHOTS WITH GIRLS SPORT A 20s STYLE (ALTOUGH IT WAS ALSO USED IN 2013 BY FADIL)
I ALSO LIKE TO SEE SEATTLE OR LAKELAND BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW IS THE COVID SITUATION IN THOSE CITIES AND STATES

Seattle's unlikely, Miss USA has, with the exception of Vegas, lately been in smaller cities (Reno, Shreveport, Baton Rouge) where the CVB really wants to entice people to visit, and on top of that Inslee is one of the more aggressive governors regarding quarantine measures.

Charleston would be fabulous (I've never been but I've always wanted to), and Lakeland would be a fun return-to-roots thing but to be honest there's not much to do there, but I've only passed through it and not spent much time there.

My gut tells me it'll be in a casino town, as have the last 12 editions of Miss USA, and Biloxi checks that box.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:23 pm

pippo93 wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

If it's happening this year definitely don't expect any glamshots. We don't even get them anymore really in non-pandemic years, if the competition does happen this year the girls are gonna be shuttered off from the outside world even more than they usually are.

I kinda hope the pageant skips a year at this point. I'm worried about these girls' safety, and a politician's incompetence and prioritization of the economy over people's lives shouldn't be an excuse to put the girls in risk imo. Some of these girls come from states that have been decimated by COVID-19 (like my own state), they should not be going anywhere out of state for awhile anyways.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby pippo93 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:49 pm

pippo93 wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

If it's happening this year definitely don't expect any glamshots. We don't even get them anymore really in non-pandemic years, if the competition does happen this year the girls are gonna be shuttered off from the outside world even more than they usually are.

I kinda hope the pageant skips a year at this point. I'm worried about these girls' safety, and a politician's incompetence and prioritization of the economy over people's lives shouldn't be an excuse to put the girls in risk imo. Some of these girls come from states that have been decimated by COVID-19 (like my own state), they should not be going anywhere out of state for awhile anyways.

YOU ARE RIGHT! IF THAY ARE PLANNING ONLY TO MAKE A MEDIOCRE SHOW ONLY TO HAVE THE COMPETITION IN 2020, RISKING THE LIFE OF THE GIRLS, IT IS BETTER TO SKIP EVERYTHING IN 2021.
IF THE SITUATION IS SOLVED BY AUGUST, THEY CAN THINK TO ORGANIZE THE 3 COMPETITIONS AT THE END OF THE YEAR, BUT IF THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE, IT IS BETTER TO MOVE EVERYTHING (AS THE OLYMPICS AND EUROVISION DID).
THE GIRLS DESERVE A SCREAMING ARENA, AND AN UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE FULL OF ACTIVITIES AND SHOOTING.
AND THIS COULD ALSO BE THE MOMENT TO RETURN THE COMPETITIONS ON THEIR ORIGINAL DATES, WITH MISS USA BETWEEN JANUARY-MARCH AND MISS UNIVERSE BETWEEN MAY-AUGUST. AND IS ALSO AN OPPORTUNITIES TO BRING BACK SOME EXCITEMENTS
pippo93

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:53 pm

pippo93 wrote:
pippo93 wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

YOU ARE RIGHT! IF THAY ARE PLANNING ONLY TO MAKE A MEDIOCRE SHOW ONLY TO HAVE THE COMPETITION IN 2020, RISKING THE LIFE OF THE GIRLS, IT IS BETTER TO SKIP EVERYTHING IN 2021.
IF THE SITUATION IS SOLVED BY AUGUST, THEY CAN THINK TO ORGANIZE THE 3 COMPETITIONS AT THE END OF THE YEAR, BUT IF THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE, IT IS BETTER TO MOVE EVERYTHING (AS THE OLYMPICS AND EUROVISION DID).
THE GIRLS DESERVE A SCREAMING ARENA, AND AN UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE FULL OF ACTIVITIES AND SHOOTING.
AND THIS COULD ALSO BE THE MOMENT TO RETURN THE COMPETITIONS ON THEIR ORIGINAL DATES, WITH MISS USA BETWEEN JANUARY-MARCH AND MISS UNIVERSE BETWEEN MAY-AUGUST. AND IS ALSO AN OPPORTUNITIES TO BRING BACK SOME EXCITEMENTS

Exactly. I'd rather the girls have a good experience a year late than a poor or even dangerous experience on time. Hopefully things have been worked out by the fall/winter, so Miss Universe can go ahead. Also, if the MUO is telling other countries they can forgo a national pageant and just appoint a runner-up, it makes me think that that's what their planning to do for the USA as well, and I'd love to see Allie at Miss Universe. If both Miss USA and Miss Universe have to be canceled, then just start pushing the dates up for 2021 like you said, do Miss USA around February or March and Miss Universe around July or August.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:30 pm

pippo93 wrote:
pippo93 wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

Exactly. I'd rather the girls have a good experience a year late than a poor or even dangerous experience on time. Hopefully things have been worked out by the fall/winter, so Miss Universe can go ahead. Also, if the MUO is telling other countries they can forgo a national pageant and just appoint a runner-up, it makes me think that that's what their planning to do for the USA as well, and I'd love to see Allie at Miss Universe. If both Miss USA and Miss Universe have to be canceled, then just start pushing the dates up for 2021 like you said, do Miss USA around February or March and Miss Universe around July or August.

I actually agree that if hosting this year would take away from the overall experience for the girls, postponing would be the move. But if they are making a decision between hosting this year or next, I'd ideally like a poll taken of the contestants of which they'd prefer - I think their input matters the most here
itsrowdy801

Postby bootsguy » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:11 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:
bootsguy wrote:
Wisethought wrote:
Jaishee wrote:
Pageant Fanatic Jeff wrote: No one came close to Shandi Finnessey until now. For me, Shandi is still the best Miss USA ever.

Not even Olivia Jordan came close ???

I disagree, Crystal Stewart is just everything.

Anyways... here is my interview with Miss New Mexico USA

[youtube]jxfPhCTzQ1E[/youtube]

Both of you are wrong there are beautiful Miss USA in the 1950s - 1970s who are FAR MORE SUPERIOR than them...

I'm sure there were, but I didn't start watching Miss USA til 2003 and I wasn't even born until 94. Sure, I can do some amount of research on past queens (and the further back you go, the less information we have on them) but when I'm ranking my favorite Miss USAs, I'm talking 2003 onward. I feel like in order to accurately judge them, I would have needed to experience their reign and know as much about them as possible.

I understand now..
Watchful Eyes Of A Silhouette http://hamsternice.blogspot.com

bootsguy
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 25 Oct 1960
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: customer service representative soldier
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: reading, watching television, boots, boys
Message: i want to make friends and learn from fellow pageant fanatics.

Postby bootsguy » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:18 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:

This
Just
Got
Interesting

So, theoretically, Allie Gonzalez could be Miss USA 2020, and this class would compete in 2021?

I think it's too early to jump the gun on such a plan since it's still possible the event could be held this summer, but I do love Allie and that could be a great backup plan

Because of the Corona Virus COVID-19 pandemic crisis the annual beauty contest could not be held this year but just appoint a representative for their country in the next edition of Miss Universe?
Watchful Eyes Of A Silhouette http://hamsternice.blogspot.com

bootsguy

Date of Birth: 25 Oct 1960
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: customer service representative soldier
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: reading, watching television, boots, boys
Message: i want to make friends and learn from fellow pageant fanatics.

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:35 pm

bootsguy wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

This
Just
Got
Interesting

So, theoretically, Allie Gonzalez could be Miss USA 2020, and this class would compete in 2021?

I think it's too early to jump the gun on such a plan since it's still possible the event could be held this summer, but I do love Allie and that could be a great backup plan

Because of the Corona Virus COVID-19 pandemic crisis the annual beauty contest could not be held this year but just appoint a representative for their country in the next edition of Miss Universe?

It's very possible Miss USA 2020 will be canceled because of the pandemic, but it looks like the MUO is still planning to hold Miss Universe 2020 as of right now. So the rumor is that Alejandra Gonzalez (1RU 2019) will be appointed by the MUO as Miss USA 2020 to compete at Miss Universe 2020, while the state titleholders for 2020 will compete at Miss USA 2021. The MUO is telling other countries they may just appoint a runner-up for 2020 instead of holding an entire national competition.
Queen of the Clouds

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe