MISS USA 2020 // MISSISSIPPI IS MISS USA 2020 // MAJOR NEWS

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2020 // WHO'S YOUR EARLY TOP 15?

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:32 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:Am I the only one who's totally changed my opinion on Wisconsin? Her styling has improved immensely, which was really my main problem with her in the first place. I've got my eye on her, not quite in my Top 15 yet but I definitely think she could get there

Her styling has improved (expected because she probably has help now) but still don't like her lol. Wasn't impressed with her speaking or advocacy and not a fan of her beauty.

Queen of the Clouds
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Lawyer
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, music, film, politics, and parties

Postby sarahlock » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:04 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:Am I the only one who's totally changed my opinion on Wisconsin? Her styling has improved immensely, which was really my main problem with her in the first place. I've got my eye on her, not quite in my Top 15 yet but I definitely think she could get there

Her styling has improved (expected because she probably has help now) but still don't like her lol. Wasn't impressed with her speaking or advocacy and not a fan of her beauty.

Gabriella is stunning! I have worked with her and know many people in the business who also have and would stand behind me in that statement. She has always been a very underestimated beauty. She is also very well-spoken( she is a television journalist for godsakes), has an incredible resume( definitely at the top of her class), and a very personal advocacy that will change a lot of lives( out of all the women discussing mental health this year she is the only one who is the spokesperson for a nationally known organization and there's a reason for that). Her styling is just going to keep improving because her team is training her extensively as they should(this is a Miss USA photo and I cant wait to see her headshot). She is going to be hated by a lot of people because let's face it, she is another black woman who is actually Afro Latin ( the girl speaks fluent Spanish), who could possibly take the title as far as I am concerned. And many people don't want that, for very hateful reasons, but IMG doesn't care about that and will continue to not acknowledge that behavior. I hope that they continue crowning brown women like herself who deserve the title because of their substance, merit, and beauty. Others flying under the radar: Pennsylvania and Tennessee, and Virginia( full packages not just beauty). And lets not forget there were A LOT of people who also weren't "fans of" Deshauna's, Kara's, Sarah's, or Cheslie's beauty until after their wins.
sarahlock
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 01 Mar 1990
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: writer
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: MUO consultant

Postby itsrowdy801 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:31 pm

sarahlock wrote:

Gabriella is stunning! I have worked with her and know many people in the business who also have and would stand behind me in that statement. She has always been a very underestimated beauty. She is also very well-spoken( she is a television journalist for godsakes), has an incredible resume( definitely at the top of her class), and a very personal advocacy that will change a lot of lives( out of all the women discussing mental health this year she is the only one who is the spokesperson for a nationally known organization and there's a reason for that). Her styling is just going to keep improving because her team is training her extensively as they should(this is a Miss USA photo and I cant wait to see her headshot). She is going to be hated by a lot of people because let's face it, she is another black woman who is actually Afro Latin ( the girl speaks fluent Spanish), who could possibly take the title as far as I am concerned. And many people don't want that, for very hateful reasons, but IMG doesn't care about that and will continue to not acknowledge that behavior. I hope that they continue crowning brown women like herself who deserve the title because of their substance, merit, and beauty. Others flying under the radar: Pennsylvania and Tennessee, and Virginia( full packages not just beauty). And lets not forget there were A LOT of people who also weren't "fans of" Deshauna's, Kara's, Sarah's, or Cheslie's beauty until after their wins.

You do raise a good point that the four IMG winners weren't the heavy favorites going into the competition (at this time the last four years, all of the IMG winners were on my radar except for Sarah who I didn't notice til prelims, but none of them were in my Top 5) so it's still very much anyone's game, and even if the winner is someone I'm not expecting, chances are I'll grow to really like them.

Tennessee & Virginia are not under the radar, they are frequently on people's lists and they're both fabulous - Tennessee is high on my list and Virginia is way close but I just don't know much about her yet.
itsrowdy801
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Rowdy
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1994
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Customer Service @ Travel Startup
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, Comedy, Politics

Postby bootsguy » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:50 am

Wisethought wrote:
Jaishee wrote:
Pageant Fanatic Jeff wrote: No one came close to Shandi Finnessey until now. For me, Shandi is still the best Miss USA ever.

Not even Olivia Jordan came close ???

I disagree, Crystal Stewart is just everything.

Anyways... here is my interview with Miss New Mexico USA

[youtube]jxfPhCTzQ1E[/youtube]

Both of you are wrong there are beautiful Miss USA in the 1950s - 1970s who are FAR MORE SUPERIOR than them...
Watchful Eyes Of A Silhouette http://hamsternice.blogspot.com

bootsguy
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 25 Oct 1960
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: customer service representative soldier
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: reading, watching television, boots, boys
Message: i want to make friends and learn from fellow pageant fanatics.

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:51 am

bootsguy wrote:
Wisethought wrote:
Jaishee wrote:
Pageant Fanatic Jeff wrote: No one came close to Shandi Finnessey until now. For me, Shandi is still the best Miss USA ever.

Not even Olivia Jordan came close ???

I disagree, Crystal Stewart is just everything.

Anyways... here is my interview with Miss New Mexico USA

[youtube]jxfPhCTzQ1E[/youtube]

Both of you are wrong there are beautiful Miss USA in the 1950s - 1970s who are FAR MORE SUPERIOR than them...

I'm sure there were, but I didn't start watching Miss USA til 2003 and I wasn't even born until 94. Sure, I can do some amount of research on past queens (and the further back you go, the less information we have on them) but when I'm ranking my favorite Miss USAs, I'm talking 2003 onward. I feel like in order to accurately judge them, I would have needed to experience their reign and know as much about them as possible.
itsrowdy801

Postby taleyblue » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:30 am

Girls standout to win are...i think it's will be between Ohio& Maryland!Ohio has amazing frame and gorgeous face and good presentation! Maryland is Kim& Beyonce type but a taller version!she has a natural charismatic on stage!!i think she might win it all!!New York is very prepared girl but she lacks face value..i need to seemore of Idoho!but she's gorgeous..
[youtube]6GDkFLODys8[/youtube]

taleyblue
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Date of Birth: 17 Apr 1981
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: God of beauty!
Hobbies/Interests: Running ,Gym & beauty pageant
Message: Once You Start Believing In Yourself, Magic Starts Happening!

Postby taleyblue » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:08 am

OMG!! Maryland she gonna win miss usa 2020!!stay tuned >=p
taleyblue

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:26 am

taleyblue wrote:OMG!! Maryland she gonna win miss usa 2020!!stay tuned >=p

Y'all know I love Taelyr and I was over the moon when she finally got her state crown but I can't help but think she might have been more of a frontrunner in the Trump era. She's undeniably jaw-droppingly gorgeous and she's great on stage, but there's just some piece missing, I'm not sure what. I guess I consider the ones I have ahead of her more of "the total package". Hopefully that changes because I do adore her and I'd love to see her do very well or win.

That being said, I do really admire her advocacy for children of alcoholics and sharing her own experiences with members of her family's struggle with addiction. I'm in recovery myself and hearing her talk about that means a lot to me.
itsrowdy801

Postby taleyblue » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:53 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:

Y'all know I love Taelyr and I was over the moon when she finally got her state crown but I can't help but think she might have been more of a frontrunner in the Trump era. She's undeniably jaw-droppingly gorgeous and she's great on stage, but there's just some piece missing, I'm not sure what. I guess I consider the ones I have ahead of her more of "the total package". Hopefully that changes because I do adore her and I'd love to see her do very well or win.

That being said, I do really admire her advocacy for children of alcoholics and sharing her own experiences with members of her family's struggle with addiction. I'm in recovery myself and hearing her talk about that means a lot to me.
i hope she can talk well.. for me i never check their com skill but based on beauty body and charismatic Idaho Ohio and Maryland one of them should win the crown..
taleyblue

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:34 pm

taleyblue wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

i hope she can talk well.. for me i never check their com skill but based on beauty body and charismatic Idaho Ohio and Maryland one of them should win the crown..

Idaho and Ohio are more likely winners than Maryland imo. They're all gorgeous, but Idaho and Ohio both have the résumé and communication as well, while Maryland seems like she may struggle in that department.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby taleyblue » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:25 pm

taleyblue wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

Idaho and Ohio are more likely winners than Maryland imo. They're all gorgeous, but Idaho and Ohio both have the résumé and communication as well, while Maryland seems like she may struggle in that department.
that's why i put Ohio as no1 because she has a stronger stage presence also her body is the best!so she was born in Puerto Rico! she is reminds me of Monic Perez also Virginia miss Ecuador!!i need to check her info for a lucky no7! >:) New York was miss earth usa2017!!she got it!!she is strong one but lacks facial beauty! Idaho i can't find her walk video!
taleyblue

Postby taleyblue » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:46 pm

No ig of her?
taleyblue

Postby itsrowdy801 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:36 pm

taleyblue wrote:
New York was miss earth usa2017!!she got it!!she is strong one but lacks facial beauty!

girl....did you just say NEW YORK lacks facial beauty? You're clearly wrong
itsrowdy801

Postby Mariana Erwin » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:20 am

It's really hard to pick out all of the delegates this year. It's a strong batch, to be honest.
No more bashers in 2022, please.

Also, watch Dani Walker's video to know more on how bashers can kill with their words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbYUDqSC1UM
Mariana Erwin

Date of Birth: 05 Apr 1988
Profession: ***********
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry
Message: Hello and welcome! Commenting on things in pageantry and critical of pageant issues.

Postby itsrowdy801 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:47 am

Mariana Erwin wrote:It's really hard to pick out all of the delegates this year. It's a strong batch, to be honest.

I agree, this is (in my opinion) the strongest year of the IMG era. It's going to be competitive as hell, there are so many of them who would be a fabulous Miss USA and very competitive at Miss Universe. I kind of hope they do a Top 20 again like they did in 2014 because there are so many who deserve to compete on finals night.
itsrowdy801

Postby taleyblue » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:25 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:
New York was miss earth usa2017!!she got it!!she is strong one but lacks facial beauty!

Who r u? Im God of beauty! >:)She can go far as 1st runner up but a winner is a nooo! she's kind the same level as 1st runner up of Olivia Culpo..
taleyblue

Postby ThESiAmEsE » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:48 am

WHAT A WEAK BATCH OF CONTESTANTS THIS YEAR, I THINK IS ONE OF THE MOST WEAKEST BATCHES IN MISS USA IN RECENT YEARS BUT ANYWAYS HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS...

MY BEST BET TO WIN MISS USA IS OKLAHOMA, HONESTLY SHE IS THE BEST CONTESTANT OVERALL AND NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT HER, DONT KNOW WHY. WITH THE PROPER STYLE SHE COULD BE A BOMBSHELL AND ACTUALLY THIS GIRL REMINDS ME ALOT OF ROLENE STRAUSS, FORMER MISS WORLD.

Image[/b][/size]
ThESiAmEsE
TOP MODELS are BEAUTIFUL people.
TOP MODELS are BEAUTIFUL people.

Date of Birth: 05 May 1990
Profession: Runway Diva
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants, Fashion, Music, Lifestyle

Postby itsrowdy801 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:04 am

ThESiAmEsE wrote:WHAT A WEAK BATCH OF CONTESTANTS THIS YEAR, I THINK IS ONE OF THE MOST WEAKEST BATCHES IN MISS USA IN RECENT YEARS BUT ANYWAYS HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS...

MY BEST BET TO WIN MISS USA IS OKLAHOMA, HONESTLY SHE IS THE BEST CONTESTANT OVERALL AND NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT HER, DONT KNOW WHY. WITH THE PROPER STYLE SHE COULD BE A BOMBSHELL AND ACTUALLY THIS GIRL REMINDS ME ALOT OF ROLENE STRAUSS, FORMER MISS WORLD.

Image[/b][/size]

I thought she came off a bit too patty for my tastes at first, but I've changed my view and put her on my list, I've become quite fond of Mariah.
itsrowdy801

Postby itsrowdy801 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:09 am

taleyblue wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:

Who r u? Im God of beauty! >:)She can go far as 1st runner up but a winner is a nooo! she's kind the same level as 1st runner up of Olivia Culpo..

I like Andreia more than Nana, but that's a matter of opinion. It's a matter of fact that Andreia is drop-dead gorgeous. She has one of the most stunning faces I've ever seen.
itsrowdy801

Postby taleyblue » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:17 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:

I like Andreia more than Nana, but that's a matter of opinion. It's a matter of fact that Andreia is drop-dead gorgeous. She has one of the most stunning faces I've ever seen.
ok but i can't stand your taste in beauty! miss USA nowadays not focus much on beauty so she might has the chance to win!but in miss universe she will be just like the past ordinary miss usa!no more than top10!! Olivia Jordan go far to the top5 because she is gorgeous high calibre beauty!the last deserved one to make top5 was Sarah Rose summer!but she didn't make it because her attitude that she talked about miss Vietnam!if New York win MUSA she will be the weakest miss usa!for my taste she will clap hard in Miss Universe!sorry im honest person!
taleyblue

Postby taleyblue » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:06 pm

Mississippi is interesting!she is the first black beauty to win Mississippi usa of 67 th years history?Is this a correct info?she is beautiful but lacks of stage presence also give me a bit teeny vibes..
[youtube]ViVbzBYf6Zw[/youtube][youtube]UJa_Gqo_vC4[/youtube]
Good voice!!
[youtube]XYjoZBDWFYA[/youtube]
taleyblue

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:55 am

ThESiAmEsE wrote:WHAT A WEAK BATCH OF CONTESTANTS THIS YEAR, I THINK IS ONE OF THE MOST WEAKEST BATCHES IN MISS USA IN RECENT YEARS BUT ANYWAYS HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS...

Image[/b][/size]

I disagree that this is a weak year, but I do really like Mariah. I just worry whether she is all looks and nothing else. There are other girls with more impressive accomplishments who are also gorgeous.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby The Duchess » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:11 am

Panama just posted that the 1st Runner-Up, Carmen Jaramillo, will be the new Senorita Panama and that MUO gave the NDs the option to give the right of representation by right of Sucession not decree.

This
Just
Got
Interesting
The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby itsrowdy801 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:04 am

The Duchess wrote:Panama just posted that the 1st Runner-Up, Carmen Jaramillo, will be the new Senorita Panama and that MUO gave the NDs the option to give the right of representation by right of Sucession not decree.

This
Just
Got
Interesting

So, theoretically, Allie Gonzalez could be Miss USA 2020, and this class would compete in 2021?

I think it's too early to jump the gun on such a plan since it's still possible the event could be held this summer, but I do love Allie and that could be a great backup plan
itsrowdy801

Postby The Duchess » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:23 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
The Duchess wrote:Panama just posted that the 1st Runner-Up, Carmen Jaramillo, will be the new Senorita Panama and that MUO gave the NDs the option to give the right of representation by right of Sucession not decree.

This
Just
Got
Interesting

So, theoretically, Allie Gonzalez could be Miss USA 2020, and this class would compete in 2021?

I think it's too early to jump the gun on such a plan since it's still possible the event could be held this summer, but I do love Allie and that could be a great backup plan

Depends on her age

I don't know how they could responsibly hold it this summer, COVID is sadly far from gone. I'd rather they do the first runner up thing and move everyone to 2021, with the whole social distancing thing
The Duchess

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby itsrowdy801 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:06 am

The Duchess wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

This
Just
Got
Interesting

Depends on her age

I don't know how they could responsibly hold it this summer, COVID is sadly far from gone. I'd rather they do the first runner up thing and move everyone to 2021, with the whole social distancing thing

Allie's still young enough,she was 26 last year.

That aside, I think that restrictions will start to be lifted by this summer - we can't shut down the economy for months and months. I think some states will be more willing to host a major event than others, but it's too early to know just what this will look like come summertime.
itsrowdy801

Postby Pageant Fanatic Jeff » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:07 am

Miss USA 2020
My Current Top 15 Favorites

1. NEW YORK (Andreia Gibau)
2. NEVADA (Victoria Olana)
3. HAWAII (Samantha Neyland)
4. IDAHO (Kim Layne)
5. MARYLAND (Taelyr Robinson)
6. MISSISSIPPI (Asya Branch)
7. ILLINOIS (Olivia Pura)
8. CONNECTICUT (Chelsea Demby)
9. OKLAHOMA (Mariah Davis)
10. TEXAS (Taylor Kessler)
11. WYOMING (Katie Bozner)
12. INDIANA (Alexes Lete)
13. UTAH (Rachel Slawson)
14. NEBRASKA (Megan Swanson)
15. CALIFORNIA (Allyshia Gupta)
DREAM TEAM PH 2020

Universe|ALAIZA
Earth|ROXANNE
International|VICKIE
Supranational|SAMANTHA
Grand International|MAUREEN
Intercontinental|CINDERELLA
Globe|HAZEL
Pageant Fanatic Jeff
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 13 Sep 1990
Profession: Employee
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: surfing the Internet, journalism, the arts
Message: "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." - Max Planck

Postby itsrowdy801 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:09 am

taleyblue wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
taleyblue wrote:

ok but i can't stand your taste in beauty! miss USA nowadays not focus much on beauty so she might has the chance to win!but in miss universe she will be just like the past ordinary miss usa!no more than top10!! Olivia Jordan go far to the top5 because she is gorgeous high calibre beauty!the last deserved one to make top5 was Sarah Rose summer!but she didn't make it because her attitude that she talked about miss Vietnam!if New York win MUSA she will be the weakest miss usa!for my taste she will clap hard in Miss Universe!sorry im honest person!

1) I know Miss USA isn't just about beauty nor should it be, and never claimed it was. It's still insane to call Andreia "facially weak"

2) New York isn't even my favorite, as you can see I have three others ahead of her right now.

3) Olivia didn't just get to top 5 for her beauty, she was and still is the total package

4) IMO Sarah didn't at all deserve Top 5, Vietnam/Cambodia incident aside. All of the 2018 Miss Universe Top 5 finalists were miles ahead of her. And I love Cheslie and think she's a great Miss USA.

5) Andreia would not clap at Miss Universe, and she would not be the weakest Miss USA - not even close.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:41 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
The Duchess wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

This
Just
Got
Interesting

Depends on her age

That aside, I think that restrictions will start to be lifted by this summer - we can't shut down the economy for months and months. I think some states will be more willing to host a major event than others, but it's too early to know just what this will look like come summertime.

I think designating Allie as Miss USA 2020 and moving the class of 2020 to 2021 is, as of right now, the best plan. We don't know when the pandemic will end, and even if it's over by summer, that gives the MUO only a couple months to stage Miss USA 2020 and then train the winner to compete at Miss Universe. It just doesn't seem logistically possible, and that's all under the belief everything will be back to normal in two months, which I really don't think it will be.

My biggest concern would just be for some girls who are still competing in state pageants. What happens to all those girls who would have aged out after 2021? If they lost in 2020, they were probably telling themselves "don't worry, we'll win this in 2021." If we're moving the class of 2020 back a year, then those girls won't have a chance to compete again before they age out. I think they'd have to temporarily increase the age limit for one year to allow those girls to have their final year of eligibility in 2022, since it'd basically be stolen from them otherwise. Not to mention, there are a few girls in the class of 2020 who would have aged out next year, so they definitely would have to change the age requirements if they wanted to do that.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:14 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
The Duchess wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

This
Just
Got
Interesting

Depends on her age

I think designating Allie as Miss USA 2020 and moving the class of 2020 to 2021 is, as of right now, the best plan. We don't know when the pandemic will end, and even if it's over by summer, that gives the MUO only a couple months to stage Miss USA 2020 and then train the winner to compete at Miss Universe. It just doesn't seem logistically possible, and that's all under the belief everything will be back to normal in two months, which I really don't think it will be.

My biggest concern would just be for some girls who are still competing in state pageants. What happens to all those girls who would have aged out after 2021? If they lost in 2020, they were probably telling themselves "don't worry, we'll win this in 2021." If we're moving the class of 2020 back a year, then those girls won't have a chance to compete again before they age out. I think they'd have to temporarily increase the age limit for one year to allow those girls to have their final year of eligibility in 2022, since it'd basically be stolen from them otherwise. Not to mention, there are a few girls in the class of 2020 who would have aged out next year, so they definitely would have to change the age requirements if they wanted to do that.

I agree, if they do this plan, an increase of age limit for 2022 would be the most fair thing to do.

I just wish MUO was being more transparent.
itsrowdy801

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe