♔•♔ ROXANNE BAEYENS | MISS EARTH WATER 2020 | OT ♔•♔

Re: ♚❁ ROAD TO MISS PHILIPPINES EARTH 2020 | ECO-ANGELS ❁♚

Postby manoypoe » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:16 am

Eco Activity Day 14

"Save and Protect Endangered Species

Sea turtles are one of the endangered species nowadays.

Few years from now, future generations may no longer see or swim with them. They will become extinct if they are still at risk caused by plastic wastes since they could not distinguish a floating plastic bag from jellyfish, algae, or other species that make up a large component of their diets.

Many of us are doing our part to reduce plastic pollution by recycling and reducing single-use items. But it’s just not enough on its own.

We should educate people about endangered species and ways on how to protect them. Just awareness of these species is a critical step.
Refrain from releasing balloons, they'll likely end up in the ocean where sea turtles can mistake them for prey and consume them.
Participate in coastal clean-ups to keep our beaches and ocean clean.
Never touch and feed sea turtles.
Collect trash everywhere.

Our efforts will not be in vain. Even a simple action could save a turtle's life. Let’s make this a habit and who knows, you may even be a hero of our endangered species and our future generation!"

- Jenny Rose Llorin | Tayabas City

Last edited by manoypoe on Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby manoypoe » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:17 am

Eco Activity Day 12

"Did you know that bamboo drinking straws are a fun and eco-friendly alternative to plastic that can be used with any beverage. These straws are made from real whole bamboo stalks – they are washable and reusable. On the whole, bamboo straws are safe when compared to glass and stainless steel, which are other favorite materials for reusable drinking straws. However, unlike glass and metal, bamboo straws do have a limited lifespan, but Bamboo straws are the ONLY compostable reusable straw on the market. In fact, bamboo produces 35% more oxygen than trees and actually helps to repair the environment.

No doubt you have heard about the staggering number of plastic straws that are used and the impact that has in our environment.

We say ditch the plastic and choose a reusable bamboo straw. Say goodbye to throw-away straws!"

– Hige Keziah Maligayo | Cagayan de Oro City

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:19 am

Eco Activity Day 4

"Green living in a Green building.

Beside me is a logo stamped on Zuellig Building where I work that says "LEED PLATINUM." LEED or "Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design" is a program initiated by the US Green Building Council which encourages efficient, eco-friendly building designs. It awards establishments different level of certifications (Certification to Platinum) depending on how they score on several environmental factors including water conservation, materials, performance, and green energy.

A green building does not only help the environment but it also increases employees' productivity, reduces operating costs, protects biodiversity and ecosystems, and a lot more. For me, green buildings are the epitome that we can modernize without having to sacrifice. If there's a will, there's always a way. #ChooseSustainable

Let's think before we BUILD"

- Justiene Ortega | City of Manila

Last edited by manoypoe on Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:22 am

Eco Activity Day 2

"We can enjoy our food more by being
stylish and ecofriendly
with the use of Wooden Cutlery

For us Filipinos of about a 108 million in population, A day isn't complete without three full meals with meriendas in between. Imagine how much reduction of non-biodegradable garbage production it could slash by a large amount if most of us prefer this option comparing to their plastic counterpart
mostly used at fastfood chains.

In contrast with our metal utensils, it also doesnt take up a lot of energy & resources to be made and transported. Amidst its disposal we’re also eliminating the possibility of harmful chemicals leaking not just in the environment–but also our home.

Feel free to send me a DM!
I "wood" convince you!"

– Nicole Aguilar | Lipa, Batangas

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:24 am

Eco Activity Day 6

"There is ART in SCRAP!
I visited this beautiful place in my hometown and I was amazed by the beauty and festive mood because of these beautiful pieces of wood arts and crafts and most of these are made of scrap. I find it innovative, eco-,friendly, artistic and edgy.

Make it wood emphasized embodied carbon emissions in the construction industry and sector account for over 23 per cent of total greenhouse emissions. We all know greenhouse emissions contribute to the degradation of the ozone layer and global warming.

As a community it is imperative that we must take into consideration to find alternatives to reduce and minimize carbon dioxide emissions through selecting materials at home. There is indeed beauty in reducing, reusing and recycling."

– Rica Mae Ramos | Tacurong City, Sultan Kudarat

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:26 am

Eco Activity Day 3

"Who here loves to travel? Did you know that there's a way of traveling while being environmentally conscious? This beautiful blanket is from La Union Open House, which promotes community, empowerment, and sustainability!"

– Gianna Llanes | Mandaluyong City

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:27 am

Eco Activity Day 1

"Enjoyed my nature trip in Bali carrying my portable metal straw. Switching to a healthier and more eco-friendly alternative even when I’m traveling. Aside from decreasing the constant use of plastic straws, do you know that stainless steel straws allow you to enjoy your drinks in the long-term. The metal component retains the temperature of your drink and prevents it from melting down so those glorious sips do not go to waste. Let’s do it and make it a habit!"

– Shane Tormes | Atimonan, Quezon

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:30 am

Eco Activity Day 8

"January 2019, I was given a privilege to see the beauty of Taal Volcano. At first glance, I thought it was majestic. It gave me the feeling of peace and relaxation. And I thought that God created a beautiful view for us to see that made me realize we are lucky to be given such masterpiece.

After what happened in Taal, I asked my self. What lesson did we learn from the tragedy? In my deep thoughts, it reminded me to treasure every single things in life. The world that we live in and that the environment around us needs us more than we need them.

Providing care for our environment is important because this is the place where we grow and live. This is the place that provides us opportunities and nice things in life. Although we cannot control what happened to Taal, we can control what happens in our surroundings. In example, Reducing waste products and producing more earth life like healthy trees and plants that can help us reserves our environment. We are the future of our environment and the environment will provide us our future depending on how to treat it.

Always remember SUD (Start where you are, use what you have and do what you can) by Arthur Ashe."

– Daniella Fernandez | Biñan City

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:36 am

Eco Activity Day 4

"Running is good for your health. Picking up litter is good for the planet’s health. Why not combine the two?

Plogging is a combination of jogging with picking up litter with increased concern about plastic pollution. As a workout, it provides variation in body movements by adding bending, squatting and stretching to the main action of running, hiking, or walking.

Whether you plog one day a week or one day a month, it makes a difference, Plogging became my new inspiration for jogging. If I can do something that’s positive for my body and good for the environment. It gives me extra oomph to get out and run every day."

– Alexandra Bobadilla | Parañaque City

Last edited by manoypoe on Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:39 am

Eco Activity Day 1

"Proper Waste Disposal
In Medical field, needle prick and injury by sharp objects are common problems faced by many health care workers but outside the field, still in many situations especially since this rumor’s “HIV Infected Needles Found in Public”.

Sharps include needles, shaver/blades, razor, scissors, or anything that can cut our skin that will lead to injuries are serious because they pose an unknown potential risk of different kind of diseases that can affect our health.

and as a Registered Nurse whose exposed in handling different kind of needles everyday. I’ve been encouraging proper safe handling and disposing of needles by installing sharps containers to any areas for proper disposal to promote safety awareness not just in our workplace but also in our home or outside the community.

Let us help one another by taking care of the environment by simply not throwing/disposing anything especially sharp needles anywhere they please and being more disciplined."

– Jonavic Perez | Meycauyan City, Bulacan

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:41 am

Eco Activity Day 5

"I attended a seminar where our fellow Filipino scientists discussed about Marine Natural Products and Pharmacognosy at the Marine Science Institute. As a chemist myself, it is important for me to keep myself updated on new studies and scientific discoveries. As an Eco Angel, it is my duty to be the voice of Filipino scientists so that we may utilize our natural resources for the betterment of our future.

I want more Filipino citizens to listen to our scientists so that we can improve our way of living in an environment-friendly way based on hard evidence and research. Filipino scientists deserve so much credit on how they are helping our country in so many ways given our limited technology."

– Iris Mabanta | Pasig City

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:42 am

Eco Activity Day 2

"The Earth is calling. The Earth is yearning for her restoration. Let us help her regain her splendid beauty. Through our own little ways, when consolidated, we could revitalize our Mother Nature. And this is my own little way, utilization of eco-friendly cup towards achieving a greener Earth!."

– Japheth Lasco | Vincenzo Sagun, Zamboanga del Sur

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:45 am

Eco Activity Day 5

Miss Philippines Earth 2020 delegate from Pagadian City, Ma. Gleiza Po had a school tour at Southern Mindanao Colleges, Department of Engineering. The talk included the topics of "Green and Sustainable Engineering towards Responsible Urbanization", and the "5 Rs".

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:48 am

Eco Activity Day 1

"REDUCE YOUR TRAVEL CARBON FOOTPRINT

Carbon dioxide emission or carbon footprint is increasing on a daily basis due to human activities which is inevitable because of our rapid population growth and restless lifestyle. People who are tired of their daily activities find freedom and peace of mind in travelling to new places. As a person who loves to travel, I take into consideration the carbon footprint I emit before, during and after my travels.

To reduce your carbon footprint while travelling, consider these things:
1. PACK LIGHT
- A heavy luggage can impact the weight of the aircraft and requires more fuel, so it is better to take only the essentials that you will need for your trip.
2. TRAVEL LIKE A LOCAL
- Instead of booking a car or a taxi, why not try local transportations or take lots of walks as it is healthier and more economical.
3. FLY ECONOMY AND DIRECT
- It may not be as luxurious as business or first class, but it is the same way that a crowded public bus is better than one person in a car. Also, flying direct flights are shorter and is fuel efficient.
4. BRING YOUR OWN WATER TUMBLER
- Sightseeing can be tiring and your water consumption may increase, therefore, a water tumbler is your best option to avoid buying bottled waters.
5. USE ECOBAGS FOR SOUVENIR SHOPPING
- Souvenir shop in some countries won’t give you plastic bags after purchase, so it’s better to bring your own eco bags. Eco-bags are durable, economic and environmental-friendly!
6. STAY IN ECO FRIENDLY ACCOMMODATIONS
- As an Eco Wanderlust, it is best to support businesses who is considering the same.

"When travelling, take only memories, leave only footprints."

- Angeline Santos | Quezon City

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:51 am

Eco Activity Day 3

"As a flight attendant/traveler, my number one tip to my fellow travelers it to always bring their own tumbler/cup whenever they travel, especially on long haul flights.

We are producing and throwing away billions of disposable cups per year. Both the production and disposal of cups have negative impacts on our environment, contributing to global warming, pollution and much more.

My advocacy is to promote sustainable ecotourism, and one of the best practice to support that is learning how to refuse. Refuse single-use items, refuse plastic cups. Because to refuse is to reduce."

– Hannah Bithiah Meriño | Sta. Rosa, Laguna

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:52 am

Eco Activity Day 1

"Are you a fan of wearing accessories like headdresses and such? Guess what? There are many accessories that could help you look good at the same time to help the environment.

One kind of accessory is what I'm wearing in the picture below. My headpiece is made from scrap fabrics, have some at home? Try these DIY headpiece. You can find DIY accessories from videos available on social media. It is fun, at the same time you're contributing to lessening the wastes we human beings produce every day.

Credits to my previous job for allowing us to discover more ways of maximizing the use of scrap fabrics.

– Arianne Mae Manquiquis | San Francisco, Camotes

manoypoe

Postby Busyboy » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:32 pm

Is this Puteri? Shit, I can’t stop myself, sorry co-Earthlings...

My consolation is that there are at least 3 girls decent enough to be a winner.

I’ll just wait for the international pageant then where goddesses abound!
THE BIG FOUR

M U - M W - M E - M I
Busyboy
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 31 May 1984
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Hobbyist
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Travel/Trivia

Postby manoypoe » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:45 pm

Busyboy wrote:Is this Puteri? Shit, I can’t stop myself, sorry co-Earthlings...

My consolation is that there are at least 3 girls decent enough to be a winner.

I’ll just wait for the international pageant then where goddesses abound!

A handful of stunning or beautiful delegates is enough. After all, they're only fighting for one main crown. :=p :=p =D> =D>
manoypoe

Postby Handsama » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:47 am

Here comes the eco angels! Photo taken at a Hana Philippines sponsored dinner.

Handsama
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Profession: Secret
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Postby Nand » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:42 am

Nand
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1985
Hobbies/Interests: Swimming

Postby Nand » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:42 am

Nand

Postby Nand » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:43 am

Nand

Nand

Nand

Nand

Postby Nand » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:44 am

Nand

Postby Nand » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:44 am

Nand

Postby manoypoe » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:02 pm

And wow!
Gandang Ricky Reyes Fashion Show highlights the beauty and hair glowing of our Queens and Eco Angels with his exclusive #Str8Express latest product.
Imagine? 1 hour so quick to straighten your hair.
#MissPhilippinesEarth2020 #GRRFashionShow

click to play
Last edited by manoypoe on Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:23 pm

Miss Earth Beauties

Hello Earthlings!!!! The search for the next eco angel of the Philippines has finally kicked off!!! The first challenger for Miss Earth Philippines 2020 is no other than Patrixia Santos from Daraga, Albay!!! Catch her live on Miss Earth Beauties live!!

1900H/ 7pm (PH time)
#missearth #missphilippinesearth

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:32 pm

Gandang Ricky Reyes Fashion Show!
#MissPhilippinesEarthPasig2020
#SigePASIGe
#EcoAngel

manoypoe

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Earth