ROAD TO MISS USA 2020 // WHO'S YOUR EARLY TOP 15?

Moderator: QUASAR

Forum rules
Discuss today's male beauty pageants & create threads dedicated to your favorite hunks!

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2020 // ALL DELEGATES CHOSEN

Postby itsrowdy801 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:00 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:I've given some time to sit on things, and I think I'm ready with my early top fifteen (emphasis on early). I don't even know if we could be considered in the pre-arrivals phase right now (maybe pre-departures), so everything can change and probably will change in the next few months. There were 27 girls that I considered adding to my top fifteen, so I do think this is a very strong year. For the record, these are not predictions, they are my opinion.

Top 15:
DC – Let's get this clear. If Cierra is able to fine tune her styling, she would jump very far on my list; right now, that's all that's holding her back for me. This girl has one of the best résumés of all girls competing. I don't even have time to list everything she's done, but it's a lot. Judging on her résumé alone, I think she'll definitely place, and can easily go further. Cierra is the type of girl who if she makes it to top five, she'll have a real chance of winning, because that's what's going to be her strength. She also is a former MAO state titleholder, which we all know brings huge advantages to IMG era Miss USA. Look out for her, DO NOT write her off just because she isn't the most pretty.

Indiana – I think Alexis has proven she's a very fun person with a great personality, but her looks can be very hit-or-miss. I did not like her crowning look at all, but then I'll see other pictures of her where she looks stunning. Judging from how she carries herself on social media, I think she'll do very good in interviews, and she also is a professional model so she'll definitely have strong stage presence. I just need her to make sure she gets her looks right.

Maine – Julia has such a girl-next-door, all-American look to her. She also is very everywoman, and doesn't really look much like a model (or even a pageant girl) at all, despite still being very beautiful. I think IMG will like that. She's still a college student, which means she may not have enough experience to be very competitive, but she studies education, which she could use to make into a platform prioritizing education (maybe for girls abroad?). I think that could help her a lot, we'll see how she does. I'm rooting for her.

Missouri – Megan is the Barbie of this year, and I think she's much less polarizing than last year's Barbie Katerina Rozmajzl. Something that will help Megan is that she has a legitimate platform, which is endometriosis awareness. She also claims to be an entrepreneur, although I haven't been able to find any details regarding that claim. She's a Shandi and Susie protégée which will definitely help her out, I can see her placing but I don't know how far she'd get.

Tennessee – Initially, Justice was one of my frontrunners, but she's faded a lot as I don't think she's standing out next to some of the other girls. She has a legitimate platform, which is endometriosis awareness, and has had this platform much before winning her state title, which is a huge plus to her. I worry though that with two girls prioritizing endometriosis awareness (herself and Missouri), will only one of them be able to stand out? If so, which one will it be. I think Missouri is physically stronger, but Justice has the stronger platform. We'll see.

Top 10:
Connecticut – Chelsea is stunning and clearly has a good platform and résumé, considering she legitimately works for a charity. My only issue with her is that I think she may be too sexy. If you go through her Insta she's obviously gorgeous, but it's a lot bikinis, tight dresses, and skin showing. I have no issues with it, but I think IMG isn't looking for sexy bombshells, they want everywomen who are relatable to the general public; beautiful, but achievable. Maybe that won't be true at all for Chelsea, only time will tell, but that's what's stopping me from moving her up further.

Kentucky – Okay, I really love Lexie. I think she has the exact kind of beauty that IMG looks for; she is clearly beautiful, but not in an intimidating or cold way, she's approachable and warm, and her appearance is not unrealistic for women. It's the kind of beauty that counteracts Connecticut's, and what I think IMG is looking for. Besides her beauty though, she has a legitimate career as an accountant, and that is exactly what the beloved Allie Gonzalez did. I'd say that's a good sign. I can see her stunning at prelims and shocking everyone, I love her a lot.

Mississippi – Asya is someone to definitely look out for. Not only does she get the MAO state titleholder bump, she has A LOT more than that to offer. We all know about the first African-American titleholder in Mississippi which is a HUGE deal, but she's also the owner of a cosmetics company, which totally gives into the girl boss narrative IMG likes to have, and is an advocate for children of incarcerated parents. Not to mention, Asya is an absolute doll (she gives me some young Gabrielle Union vibes). I think she can end up going very far. My only qualm is that I wish she was a bit taller, but that's a very minor criticism and not something she can change obviously.

Nebraska – I absolutely love Megan and think she's being a bit underestimated. She's former MAO state titleholder, so we know that she already has an advantage here, but just take a look at her résumé. CEO of her own organization? Dedicated to motivational speaking and women's empowerment? That screams IMG. This girl will hands down be an amazing speaker, and everyone needs to stop underestimating what she can do. I also find her look enchanting. I'm always a sucker for people with super dark hair and super light eyes, so I find her just incredibly beautiful. I think she has the potential to go even farther than top ten, but I have her here for now.

Ohio – Sthephanie has so much personality, and I think that will definitely help her standout. I have a particular love for state titleholders who have YouTube channels, because they really give you such insight into their reigns that you wouldn't be able to get from Instagram posts; a YouTube video is just so much more personal and detailed than any Instagram post could be. I haven't seen much of a résumé from Sthephanie other than being an actress and model, but she has spoken about being an advocate for Alzheimer's disease awareness, which will win her points. I can see her placing, but I don't know how far she'll get.

Top 5:
Arkansas – Haley may be one of my biggest sentimental favorites so far. She gives off such girl-next-door energy, and I'm really loving the girls Arkansas has been sending; they are due for a winner very soon. Placing Haley so high is mainly her being one of my sentimental favorites. I don't think she's really given off any hints of what she may make her platform, but she has a degree in nutrition and can easily make a platform out of healthy/active lifestyles. I don't know if she has anything from her personal life she may want to highlight instead of that, as that's something we cannot just predict, but if she's a good speaker with a platform she can do very well. If not, she may just be a pretty face who gets lost in the batch, but I still do really like her.

New York – If this was Trump era, Andreia would easily be the biggest frontrunner here. She is the only delegate with major international experience (no, sorry Texas, I do not consider Miss Grand International a major international pageant), and she will obliterate the other girls on the runway. However, as we all know, now you need more than that to win. Andreia seems to be decently covered on the more IMG sides of pageantry though: she's a professional public speaker, participates in many philanthropic efforts, and has the personal narrative of being an African immigrant to the US. I can see Andreia going down the Génesis Dávila route, where she gets hyped massively, stuns everyone, but then makes it far but doesn't win. Part of me just doesn't get winner vibes from her, although she'd easily be our best titleholder in a long time.

Top 3:
Idaho – Kim was instantly my frontrunner from the moment she was chosen, and she still is. Kim's path to the crown is all résumé, because hers is one of the strongest this year: an Ivy League-educated veterinarian, who also has pageantry experience as a Teen titleholder and modeling experience being a part-time model. She will be hitting it from all angles. If Kim is also a very strong speaker (which I expect that she will be), she can easily soar right to top three. Since she is half-Filipina, I think IMG also may be eager to crown the first Asian-American titleholder since Brook Lee (more than 20 years ago). The one thing holding Kim back is her directorship. As has been mentioned, Pageants Northwest is an atrocious director; they direct four states but only have one placement across all four states in the past ten years; sure it can be argued that Idaho and Montana are small states and that's why they don't have much success, Oregon and Washington are not, and there's no excuse for them doing so poorly all the time too. Kim will need to put in a lot of work on her own if she wants to win, and I really hope she wants it (part of me thinks she's more doing it for experience and the fun of it than really wanting to be Miss USA).

Hawaii – Samantha has been one of my top choices for Miss USA for awhile, and I'm especially happy she went back to her home of Hawaii to capture a Miss title. From what I've noticed, the path to doing well in IMG Miss USA is either having a strong résumé or being a very strong speaker (of course having both doesn't hurt). Samantha is an actress and model, which sure is respectable, but it's not an IMG worthy profession. However, she is an amazing speaker. Samantha is a supporter of the Toastmaster International public speaking nonprofit, and promotes the cause of children being taught public speaking skills. Basing her entire platform around a skill that is looked for in a Miss USA rather than having a distinct platform while also using the skill to advance that platform is an interesting strategy. Hawaiian girls are often extremely well-trained, so I expect Samantha will do well regardless considering she's the strongest Hawaiian titleholder since Chelsea Hardin.

Utah – I think Rachel has a very real chance of winning this year. She is so obviously the next step pageantry has to make. Black women have been fully embraced (as can be seen by the all black queens narrative that has been in the media all year), but LGBT women have not. Rachel is the first openly LGBT woman to take part in Miss USA, and that is going to be a huge narrative the media will run with; and they already have done so. Besides that though, Rachel is a dedicated advocate for mental health awareness, and I think her legitimate devotion to the cause and candid personal struggles with mental health will help her rise to the top of the many girls who nowadays make mental health awareness their platform. As can be seen through her social media, she's a very outgoing person and a gorgeous girl. Definitely someone to look out for, especially considering she has the amazing Shanna Moakler as her director.

----------------------------
Almost there:
Georgia – Alyssa has the MAO state titleholder bump, but I need more than just that. She doesn't have much of a résumé but she's very cute. I don't think she's a winner but she could snatch a placement, too early to tell.

Oklahoma – I legitimately think Mariah is one of the most physically beautiful girls competing this year, but she needs to show more than that. She works in film and media which is fun and all, but that's not something IMG will be impressed by. She needs to be an amazing speaker or have a great platform, and I haven't seen either of that yet, so we'll see. I do want her to do well though.

Almost almost there:
Generally all of these girls have given me something I like, be it a piece of their résumés or their styling, but what I do like is not nearly enough for them to compete with the girls I like a lot. They have room to improve, but I need to see that improvement:

Illinois
Louisiana
Maryland
Michigan
New Jersey
South Carolina
Texas
Virginia
Wyoming

Specific to Maryland, Texas, and Wyoming, they all are very pretty but I do not see anything from them that is IMG worthy, they appear more like Instagram models than modern beauty queens to me.

Yay!! Thanks so much for sharing, definitely some pleasant surprises here! :!!

Here's my Almost and Almost-Almost list:

Almost There:

Arkansas - Such a classic beauty, reminiscent of the Miss USAs of yesteryear. I just need to see a little more from her in terms of background/resume/platform or a killer performance before I can push her through to my list

Montana - I LOVE Merissa but I just could not strategically justify putting two Pageants NW girls on my list

Nevada - Victoria is absolutely stunning, has a face that would do serious damage at Miss Universe, and has a strong director, but doesn't seem to have the most IMG-friendly background

Oklahoma - Mariah is another girl in this category who just needs a liiiiittle something to be a crown contender in my book

Texas - Taylor is gorgeous, but I'm starting to believe I might have fallen for the hype a little, but I still really like her

Almost Almost There
: California, District of Columbia, Florida, Louisiana, New Jersey, Virginia

My Miss USA Top 15

1. Idaho
2. Connecticut
3. Utah
4. New York
5. Illinois
6. Nebraska
7. Mississippi
8. Tennessee
9. Maryland
10. Texas
11. Wyoming
12. Hawaii
13. Ohio
14. Indiana
15. Arkansas
itsrowdy801
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Rowdy
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1994
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: CSR
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, Comedy, Politics

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2020 // WHO'S YOUR EARLY TOP 15?

Postby toshirochu » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:05 am

My early top 15 Miss USA 2020 :

Miss USA: Miss New York
1 RUNNER-UP : Miss Nevada
2 RUNNER-UP : Miss Ohio
3 RUNNER-UP : Miss New Jersey
4 RUNNER-UP : Miss Texas

TOP 10:
(6). Miss Arizona
(7). Miss Florida
(8). Miss Missouri
(9). Miss Arkansas
(10). Miss South Dakota

TOP 15:

(11) Miss Oklahoma
(12) Miss Maryland
(13) Miss Virginia
(14) Miss Maine
(15) Miss Mississippi [/color]
toshirochu
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.

Real Life Name/Nick: toshiro
Date of Birth: 21 Mar 2017
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: manager
Hobbies/Interests: Prediction Games

Postby itsrowdy801 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:50 am

I was bored so I decided to make a composite ranking of the five people who submitted their early picks (Me, Missfinlandia, Queen of the Clouds, Pippo, and Toshiroshu). It probably means almost nothing but its fun to look at.

I assigned:

1pt - Top 15
2pt - Top 10
4pt - Top 5
6pt - 2RU
8pt - 1RU
10pt - Winner

I didn't mess with on the bubbles or tiebreakers here

and the results were...

1. Idaho 36 pts
2. Utah 34 pts
3. New York 23 pts
4. Ohio 14 pts
5. Hawaii 12 pts
6. Connecticut 11 pts
7 (tie). Arkansas 10 pts, Nevada 10 pts
9. Georgia 7 pts, Maryland 7 pts, Mississippi 7 pts
12. Maine 6 pts
13 (tie). DC 5 pts, Nebraska 5 pts, Virginia 5 pts
16 (tie). New Jersey 4 pts, Texas 4 pts
18 (tie). Illinois 3 pts, Indiana 3 pts, Missouri 3 pts, Montana 3 pts, South Dakota 3 pts, Tennessee 3 pts
24 (tie). Arizona 2 pts, Florida 2 pts, Kansas 2 pts, Kentucky 2 pts, Oklahoma 2 pts, Wyoming 2 pts
30 (tie). Michigan 1 pts, North Carolina 1 pts, South Carolina 1 pts
33-51. Everyone else (no points)

I apologize if there were any errors in my math
My Miss USA Top 15

1. Idaho
2. Connecticut
3. Utah
4. New York
5. Illinois
6. Nebraska
7. Mississippi
8. Tennessee
9. Maryland
10. Texas
11. Wyoming
12. Hawaii
13. Ohio
14. Indiana
15. Arkansas
itsrowdy801

Postby kurtij » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:01 am

I LIKE KANSAS
4 UNIVERSE
1 WORLD
6 INTERNATIONAL
1 SUPRANATIONAL
4 EARTH
kurtij
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: m_cronin
Date of Birth: 27 Dec 1989
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Missosologist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: CURSING

Postby alex sivixay » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:36 am

My top 15 (I review them base alone on their Instagram posts, feed and overall aura)

Miss USA - Texas
1st ru - Illinois
2nd ru - New York

Top 5
Maryland
Connecticut

Top 10
Wyoming
New Mexico
New Jersey
Utah
Indiana

Top 15
Hawaii
Alabama
Georgia
Arkansas
Pennsylvania

Almost there
Rhode Island
North Carolina
Maine
Louisiana
Florida
Idaho
alex sivixay
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: alex sivixay
Date of Birth: 16 Jul 1997
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: students
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: chatting

Postby soledad » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:23 am

Ohio
Florida
New York

Arizona
Missouri

Hawaii
Kansas
Mississippi
Oklahoma
South Carolina

Connecticut
Idaho
Illinois
Texas
Virginia
Last edited by soledad on Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
soledad
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1988
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: RN
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: laugh

Postby sarahlock » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:33 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8PYW-kAHLH/Image
---- yeah shes going to be a surprise kill - mark my words . I dislike how this photographer edits her photos but you can tell this woman is beautiful.
sarahlock
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 01 Mar 1990
Profession: writer
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: MUO consultant

Postby itsrowdy801 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:08 pm

sarahlock wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/B8PYW-kAHLH/Image
---- yeah shes going to be a surprise kill - mark my words . I dislike how this photographer edits her photos but you can tell this woman is beautiful.

You know she's not my pick but I gotta say, she looks great in that photo
My Miss USA Top 15

1. Idaho
2. Connecticut
3. Utah
4. New York
5. Illinois
6. Nebraska
7. Mississippi
8. Tennessee
9. Maryland
10. Texas
11. Wyoming
12. Hawaii
13. Ohio
14. Indiana
15. Arkansas
itsrowdy801

Postby Malcanthet » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:14 am

This is the IMG era.... you never know who will make it as it appears beauty no longer counts. I still cannot get over how Texas missed the top 15 last year because she certainly was more beautiful than all of the top 15 and the eventual winner.
Malcanthet
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: TCL
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1969
Profession: Adm Asst
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Music, swimming

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:43 am

Malcanthet wrote:This is the IMG era.... you never know who will make it as it appears beauty no longer counts. I still cannot get over how Texas missed the top 15 last year because she certainly was more beautiful than all of the top 15 and the eventual winner.

Alayah was a contestant on The Bachelor this season and you can really really tell why she didn't make the top fifteen. The girl has the fakest personality I've ever seen and she did not get along with anyone. Just because one beautiful girl didn't make it does not mean beauty doesn't count, it's just personality counts more. Remember Mariam Habach?
MISS USA 2020 TOP 3 (so far):
Queen of the Clouds

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Partying, Netflix, and fun

Postby sarahlock » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:13 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:

Yeah I know :) I am just so proud of her because that photo is getting closer to what she looks like in person and she's stunning - I know there is more coming from her because her directors know they have a diamond. I can admit that her pictures aren't good but they also do her no justice as I have said here earlier before. She is the most striking woman of color I have met since Crystle Stewart.

On top of that out of the 32 titleholders, I have met this year( I should probably disclose now that I am an image consultant for the organization. I go to many of the boot camps and state pageants every year and help the girls with their looks so they are ready for IMG. State directors call me in. Some girls take my advice and some don't. I politely smile at the ones that don't because I know their fate) she is 1 of 4 that I know will highly likely be picked for MUO and shockers for the fans that judge solely based on Instagram. She is a total package and that fact that all she needs is hair and makeup is a directors DREAM! She doesn't have to be taught anything else. Gabriellas resume is at a level I have never seen on top of the hardship she has faced which is also why her interview is remarkable. She is just EXTREMELY humble. Like to the point where her directors have to urge her to share more which I think you will see leading up to USA and of course on the telecast. And for the record, the four that have the IT factor, resume, charisma, beauty, and not just online persona ( which is a majority of these women, unfortunately ) are Wisconsin ( Gabriella ), Illinois ( Olivia), Pennsylvania ( Victoria), and Tennessee( Justice )
sarahlock

Postby itsrowdy801 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:20 am

sarahlock wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:

Yeah I know :) I am just so proud of her because that photo is getting closer to what she looks like in person and she's stunning - I know there is more coming from her because her directors know they have a diamond. I can admit that her pictures aren't good but they also do her no justice as I have said here earlier before. She is the most striking woman of color I have met since Crystle Stewart.

On top of that out of the 32 titleholders, I have met this year( I should probably disclose now that I am an image consultant for the organization. I go to many of the boot camps and state pageants every year and help the girls with their looks so they are ready for IMG. State directors call me in. Some girls take my advice and some don't. I politely smile at the ones that don't because I know their fate) she is 1 of 4 that I know will highly likely be picked for MUO and shockers for the fans that judge solely based on Instagram. She is a total package and that fact that all she needs is hair and makeup is a directors DREAM! She doesn't have to be taught anything else. Gabriellas resume is at a level I have never seen on top of the hardship she has faced which is also why her interview is remarkable. She is just EXTREMELY humble. Like to the point where her directors have to urge her to share more which I think you will see leading up to USA and of course on the telecast. And for the record, the four that have the IT factor, resume, charisma, beauty, and not just online persona ( which is a majority of these women, unfortunately ) are Wisconsin ( Gabriella ), Illinois ( Olivia), Pennsylvania ( Victoria), and Tennessee( Justice )

Yeah, I've always thought she was very pretty, just with the strangest styling I've ever seen in my natural gay-ass life, but this look is absolutely stunning and I hope she keeps it up for nationals! Right now, she's no longer at the bottom of my list - she's in the same category as Alaska for me - I really didn't like either of them at first, but they both look incredible with the right styling, and both have overcome severe hardships. I really meant what I said when I said I'm never rooting against anyone (except for North Dakota a little bit, her anti-choice "platform" is not something I would want my Miss USA to be so outspoken about) and I really want people to succeed, and no matter who wins I'm always thrilled to see someone's dreams come true (it's one of my favorite things about pageants).

And I'm right there with you on Tennessee, I'm loving her more and more
My Miss USA Top 15

1. Idaho
2. Connecticut
3. Utah
4. New York
5. Illinois
6. Nebraska
7. Mississippi
8. Tennessee
9. Maryland
10. Texas
11. Wyoming
12. Hawaii
13. Ohio
14. Indiana
15. Arkansas
itsrowdy801

Postby sarahlock » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:33 pm

She's far ahead of Alaska but that's just my opinion from personal meeting. Maybe you have met them and feel differently. And yes, with Tennessee what you see is what you get. I literally only put her in fourth because of education and working experience. Wisconsin is an on-air television journalist (she is the only one with broadcast connection in her class and one of few with a full time operating position; this holds more weight than you think) after changing her career from being a former chemist ( IMG loves that and will not look past it - shes left and right-brained; so can play the part of women doing both and inspire women to chase their dreams and doing the unthinkable ), Illinois is majoring in a STEM field and has the backing of her current educational program ( They will not look past that because she is in a prime to speak in schools from elementary to high school which is what IMG likes; Miss USA is not a runway model), and Penn ( she owns her own store so that is a direct link to being a #girlboss and touches their entrepreneurship branding. She is the modern woman). Tennesee, unfortunately, works for her parents I believe and did not go to college so it leaves her at a disadvantage with women who have earned their keep, per se.

The reason why I leave out Idaho is because of charisma. There isn't much. I think she is beautiful and has a great educational background but there is no story of triumph and all the three women I mentioned above have that which gives them an IT factor. They have surpassed their circumstances and that is not something you can create in 5 months. That's just life experience.
sarahlock

Postby Malcanthet » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:55 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote:
Malcanthet wrote:This is the IMG era.... you never know who will make it as it appears beauty no longer counts. I still cannot get over how Texas missed the top 15 last year because she certainly was more beautiful than all of the top 15 and the eventual winner.

Alayah was a contestant on The Bachelor this season and you can really really tell why she didn't make the top fifteen. The girl has the fakest personality I've ever seen and she did not get along with anyone. Just because one beautiful girl didn't make it does not mean beauty doesn't count, it's just personality counts more. Remember Mariam Habach?

i guess that explains it. The judges probably saw right through her during the personal interview. As for Miss Venezuela, i didn't think Habach was that beautiful to begin with and her rotten and arrogant attitude was so out in the open that there are several videos posted online catching her in the act so it was indisputable.
Malcanthet

Real Life Name/Nick: TCL
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1969
Profession: Adm Asst
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Music, swimming

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:55 am

sarahlock wrote:She's far ahead of Alaska but that's just my opinion from personal meeting. Maybe you have met them and feel differently. And yes, with Tennessee what you see is what you get. I literally only put her in fourth because of education and working experience. Wisconsin is an on-air television journalist (she is the only one with broadcast connection in her class and one of few with a full time operating position; this holds more weight than you think) after changing her career from being a former chemist ( IMG loves that and will not look past it - shes left and right-brained; so can play the part of women doing both and inspire women to chase their dreams and doing the unthinkable ), Illinois is majoring in a STEM field and has the backing of her current educational program ( They will not look past that because she is in a prime to speak in schools from elementary to high school which is what IMG likes; Miss USA is not a runway model), and Penn ( she owns her own store so that is a direct link to being a #girlboss and touches their entrepreneurship branding. She is the modern woman). Tennesee, unfortunately, works for her parents I believe and did not go to college so it leaves her at a disadvantage with women who have earned their keep, per se.

The reason why I leave out Idaho is because of charisma. There isn't much. I think she is beautiful and has a great educational background but there is no story of triumph and all the three women I mentioned above have that which gives them an IT factor. They have surpassed their circumstances and that is not something you can create in 5 months. That's just life experience.

Would you be willing to post your top 15? I understand if you can't due to your job but I'm dying to see it if you wanna
My Miss USA Top 15

1. Idaho
2. Connecticut
3. Utah
4. New York
5. Illinois
6. Nebraska
7. Mississippi
8. Tennessee
9. Maryland
10. Texas
11. Wyoming
12. Hawaii
13. Ohio
14. Indiana
15. Arkansas
itsrowdy801

Postby sarahlock » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:21 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
sarahlock wrote:She's far ahead of Alaska but that's just my opinion from personal meeting. Maybe you have met them and feel differently. And yes, with Tennessee what you see is what you get. I literally only put her in fourth because of education and working experience. Wisconsin is an on-air television journalist (she is the only one with broadcast connection in her class and one of few with a full time operating position; this holds more weight than you think) after changing her career from being a former chemist ( IMG loves that and will not look past it - shes left and right-brained; so can play the part of women doing both and inspire women to chase their dreams and doing the unthinkable ), Illinois is majoring in a STEM field and has the backing of her current educational program ( They will not look past that because she is in a prime to speak in schools from elementary to high school which is what IMG likes; Miss USA is not a runway model), and Penn ( she owns her own store so that is a direct link to being a #girlboss and touches their entrepreneurship branding. She is the modern woman). Tennesee, unfortunately, works for her parents I believe and did not go to college so it leaves her at a disadvantage with women who have earned their keep, per se.

Would you be willing to post your top 15? I understand if you can't due to your job but I'm dying to see it if you wanna

hmm, I am opposed to this because I think it sets a tone that I don't like but I will do it without reasoning attached unless it's positive. But I also want to preface this choosing based on only the 32 I have met. I do not and will not judge someone I have not met. I believe that Instagram and social media that people rely on to judge these women just doesn't work. You have to wait until finals to see how they really are in 3D PLUS you do not know how many of these women will react to being isolated together for two weeks. The winner is 90% chosen based on her behavior that two weeks ( I.e; no breakdowns, tantrums, entitlement, rudeness, disobedience,etc.) MUO wants an employee with no drama.....I will end my ramblings with my top 15 from the 32 I have met. ( I have not met LA,NH,AL,AZ,CA,GA,KS,KY,ME,MA,MO,NJ,TX,VTor WV) And looks like I have met 36 after this analysis hehe!

in random order:
Illinois
Wisconsin
Pennslyvania
Tennesee
(these four are tied for #1 in my mind; it really just depends on how well each of them gets through the two weeks of hell, but if either of these women enters top 5; it's over for the others. I can see them all standing at the end though if they don't get in their own way)
Florida
Hawaii
Iowa
Michigan
Nebraska
North Dakota
Oklahoma
Rhode Island
Virginia
South Dakota
South Carolina
( I have a feeling there will be 16): Alaska

If there's a 20 I am sure at least four girls out of the group I did not meet will make it or MUO will fill in some girls that they wouldn't pick for the job but are great walkers for swimsuit and gown.
sarahlock

Postby Mariana Erwin » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:18 am

My early Top 15:

1. Wisconsin
2. Delaware
3. District of Columbia
4. Georgia
5. Texas
6. Ohio
7. Mississippi
8. Hawaii
9. California
10. New Jersey
11. Oregon
12. Utah
13. Rhode Island
14. Iowa
15. Pennsylvania

Alternates:
1. Florida
2. North Dakota
3. New York
4. Arizona
5. Arkansas
Mariana Erwin

Real Life Name/Nick: **********
Date of Birth: 05 Apr 1988
Profession: ***********
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry
Message: Hello and welcome! Commenting on things in pageantry and critical of pageant issues.

Postby JoelR » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:31 am

I want Connecticut to win she is stunning! I hope she's getting good training. Not really impressed by this batch, mostly because of all the Cali girls..... 3:)
JoelR
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Date of Birth: 21 May 1994
Profession: culinary arts
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Painting

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:31 am

JoelR wrote: I want Connecticut to win she is stunning! I hope she's getting good training. Not really impressed by this batch, mostly because of all the Cali girls..... 3:)

I hope she's getting good training too, she's truly incredible! Connecticut has a new director this year, and has the advantage of being the only state under that directorship, so we'll see about how her training goes, but I simply adore her. Like, that's a Universe face right there

I disagree with that this is a weak batch - I think it's a very strong one, but Chelsea has always been one of my favorites.
My Miss USA Top 15

1. Idaho
2. Connecticut
3. Utah
4. New York
5. Illinois
6. Nebraska
7. Mississippi
8. Tennessee
9. Maryland
10. Texas
11. Wyoming
12. Hawaii
13. Ohio
14. Indiana
15. Arkansas
itsrowdy801

Postby missfinlandia » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:03 pm

Virginia

Arkansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas, Illinois

Connecticut

Georgia

Illinois

Maine

Mississippi

Idaho

Missouri

Montana

Oklahoma

missfinlandia

Real Life Name/Nick: MissSuomi
Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1913
Profession: This and that
Hobbies/Interests: Shopping

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:17 pm

missfinlandia wrote:

Idaho

My jaw's on the floor with how good Kim looks here
MISS USA 2020 TOP 3 (so far):
Queen of the Clouds

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Partying, Netflix, and fun

Postby itsrowdy801 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:50 am

Starting to really get the Arkansas hype, in every pic of the Vanbros girls together my eyes are drawn immediately to her

My Miss USA Top 15

1. Idaho
2. Connecticut
3. Utah
4. New York
5. Illinois
6. Nebraska
7. Mississippi
8. Tennessee
9. Maryland
10. Texas
11. Wyoming
12. Hawaii
13. Ohio
14. Indiana
15. Arkansas
itsrowdy801

Postby yellowyam1 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:17 am

great batch of girls, Mississippi wow
yellowyam1

Real Life Name/Nick: nick
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1982
Profession: manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: watching beauty pageants

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:34 am

Currently bubbling up (no particular order)

South Carolina/Louisiana - They're both RPM girls so they're going to be impeccably prepared, one or both of them will probably make it on my list in the future
West Virginia/DC - They both have stellar resumes
Wisconsin - I'm issuing a mea culpa. She's impressing me and she looked absolutely stunning in that recent photo shoot
Kentucky - Now that my disappointment that Rayni didn't win isn't as fresh, I feel I can think about her a bit more fairly, and she's rising up for me
Montana - I've said it before, I can only justify putting one Pageants NW girl in my list. I'm not sure if I'm overthinking it because I do adore Merissa
Maine/Virginia - Just need a taaaad bit more from them before I bump them up
My Miss USA Top 15

1. Idaho
2. Connecticut
3. Utah
4. New York
5. Illinois
6. Nebraska
7. Mississippi
8. Tennessee
9. Maryland
10. Texas
11. Wyoming
12. Hawaii
13. Ohio
14. Indiana
15. Arkansas
itsrowdy801

Postby taleyblue » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:18 am

Looking for my daughter!stay tuned! >=p
taleyblue

Real Life Name/Nick: God of beauty!
Date of Birth: 17 Apr 1981
Profession: God of beauty!King of 7
Hobbies/Interests: everything is beautiful!
Message: Finally the Universe choose me!!I’m God of beauty !!!

Postby soledad » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:00 pm

Arkansas is like the hyped Miss Mississippi in 2018
soledad

Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1988
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: RN
Hobbies/Interests: laugh

Postby wanderlustwoman » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:46 am

NJ Miss, NJ Teen, RI Teen, RI Miss shot by Jessilyn Palumbo (Miss NJ USA 2016)

New Hampshire

Connecticut w/ Miss CT USA 1997

MA Teen, MA Miss, Maine, Maine Teen

Ohio

Montana, Washington, Oregon, OR Teen, WA Teen, ID Teen, and Idaho

Wyoming

Maryland

New York

DC

Tennessee

Top Row: Wyoming, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Colorado Bottom Row: N. Dakota, S. Dakota, Iowa
wanderlustwoman
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 18 Oct 1991
Profession: Hostess
Hobbies/Interests: traveling, baseball, personal development

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:39 am

wanderlustwoman wrote:NJ Miss, NJ Teen, RI Teen, RI Miss shot by Jessilyn Palumbo (Miss NJ USA 2016)

New Hampshire

Connecticut w/ Miss CT USA 1997

MA Teen, MA Miss, Maine, Maine Teen

Ohio

Montana, Washington, Oregon, OR Teen, WA Teen, ID Teen, and Idaho

Wyoming

Maryland

New York

DC

Tennessee

Top Row: Wyoming, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Colorado Bottom Row: N. Dakota, S. Dakota, Iowa

Wyoming, Idaho, New York, & Connecticut continue to be absolute goddesses.

Rhode Island looks absolutely stunning. She hasn't been on my radar but maybe she should be.
My Miss USA Top 15

1. Idaho
2. Connecticut
3. Utah
4. New York
5. Illinois
6. Nebraska
7. Mississippi
8. Tennessee
9. Maryland
10. Texas
11. Wyoming
12. Hawaii
13. Ohio
14. Indiana
15. Arkansas
itsrowdy801

Postby jderekbp » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:13 am

I will be happy if any one of these girls wins the crown:

Connecticut
Missouri
Maryland
Idaho
Arkansas
jderekbp

Date of Birth: 27 Mar 1987
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: Food, Shopping, Straight Bars
Message: Don't get too emotional. Let's have a wonderful time exchanging thoughts and ideas.

Postby PokpokLicious Thai » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:07 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote:

I’m sure if you put all these 50 girls on a reality show that almost all of them will show their true, horrific, bitch personalities and audiences will doubt whether a single one of them even deserves being in the position of a “role model.” :%))

I don’t know any of them personally, but for now, I have Illinois, Hawaii, Texas, and Utah as my top picks. Hopefully the judges pick the least repugnant person among them all as Miss USA 2020.
PokpokLicious Thai

Real Life Name/Nick: Pokie
Date of Birth: 03 Apr 1993
Profession: Oldest profession in the world
Hobbies/Interests: Parading down the street

PreviousNext

Return to Male Pageants