More Miss USA state runners-up will compete at MUPR?

More Miss USA state runners-up will compete at MUPR?

Postby ajsy0203 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:14 am

After Madison Anderson beat Cheslie Kryst at Miss Universe 2019 and finished 1st Runner Up. Do you think more Miss USA state pageant runners-up will move to Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands or Guam soon in order to apply for Miss Universe Puerto Rico, Miss Universe USVI or Miss Universe Guam respectively in the near future?

ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Re: More Miss USA state runners-up will compete at MUPR?

Postby RJ Dela Vega » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:42 am

Why not
RJ Dela Vega
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: RJ
Date of Birth: 25 Nov 1988
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Chef
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Baking

Postby ManMeat » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:32 am

"Blah-Blah-an American" thang is normal in the US
Miss USA state pageant's runner-ups gonna Carpetbagging for sure
Just because of their parents heritage OR moving and living 6 month for compete.
ManMeat
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Date of Birth: 27 Mar 1989
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: I'm better than you
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: I'm gonna mention your dirty ass double standards

Postby Jim_From_Boston » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:09 pm

ajsy0203 wrote:After Madison Anderson beat Cheslie Kryst at Miss Universe 2019 and finished 1st Runner Up. Do you think more Miss USA state pageant runners-up will move to Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands or Guam soon in order to apply for Miss Universe Puerto Rico, Miss Universe USVI or Miss Universe Guam respectively in the near future?

I would believe so, but I don’t think this is anything new. I’m more surprised that PR, USVI and Guam would even allow it. These islands already have their own home-grown beauties. Why they allow women from the US - with barely any connection to the island no less - is beyond me.
Jim_From_Boston
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jim
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1986
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Banking
Hobbies/Interests: Softball, Tennis, Basketball and Relaxing

Postby soledad » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:29 pm

Jim_From_Boston wrote:
ajsy0203 wrote:After Madison Anderson beat Cheslie Kryst at Miss Universe 2019 and finished 1st Runner Up. Do you think more Miss USA state pageant runners-up will move to Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands or Guam soon in order to apply for Miss Universe Puerto Rico, Miss Universe USVI or Miss Universe Guam respectively in the near future?

I would believe so, but I don’t think this is anything new. I’m more surprised that PR, USVI and Guam would even allow it. These islands already have their own home-grown beauties. Why they allow women from the US - with barely any connection to the island no less - is beyond me.

At the back of your mind, I know you know the reason why right? Especially the flop's mega powerhouse PR >:)
soledad

Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1988
Profession: RN
Hobbies/Interests: Being single and an INFP-T

Postby keyss » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:37 pm

soledad wrote:
Jim_From_Boston wrote:

At the back of your mind, I know you know the reason why right? Especially the flop's mega powerhouse PR >:)

And why does Philippines allow it? Why import girls from the US,UK and Australia when you have like 200 million population?!? =b
keyss
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 29 Aug 1987
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: self employed
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: beauty

Postby Angela » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:28 pm

So how is this different from Maureen Montagne (Miss Arizona USA 2015) who moved to the Philippines, established a six-month residency there, and then competed in Miss World Philippines 2019 where she won the title of Miss Eco International Philippines 2019?
Angela

Real Life Name/Nick: Angela
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Graphics Designer
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: dancing, pageants, reading, surfing Internet

Postby sleuth08 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:43 pm

MAKES ME WONDER IF SHE COPIED MELANIA MADER WHO COMPETED IN MISS PHILIPPINES EARTH FIRST, THEN REPRESENTED AUSTRIA IN MISS EARTH 2018 AND PLACED MISS EARTH-AIR 2018
sleuth08

Date of Birth: 10 Dec 1977
Profession: airline load controller
Hobbies/Interests: DESTROYING MISS EARTH HATERS

Postby Jim_From_Boston » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:35 pm

soledad wrote:
Jim_From_Boston wrote:

Actually I honestly don’t know the reason. Take PR as an example. They’ve managed to win five crowns (albeit none since 2006). They may not have had as much success since, but the 2018 representative was a stunner. As for Madison, I realize she finished first runner up, but I still don’t get the hype. I don’t think she’s that pretty if we’re being completely honest. That being said, I don’t get why PR - or any country/territory - wouldn’t want one of their own beauties to represent them in Miss Universe. That’s just my take though...
Jim_From_Boston

Real Life Name/Nick: Jim
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1986
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Banking
Hobbies/Interests: Softball, Tennis, Basketball and Relaxing

Postby Malcanthet » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:21 am

If anything, Madison, a runner up at a state pageant would surpass the actual national titleholder showed that Cheslie was a diversity winner. I didn’t see the hype with her in Miss USA... and many deserving girls, like Texas, were cut out of the top 15.
Malcanthet
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: TCL
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1969
Profession: Adm Asst
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Music, swimming

Postby Lafeadamadelaindia » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:55 am

Malcanthet wrote:If anything, Madison, a runner up at a state pageant would surpass the actual national titleholder showed that Cheslie was a diversity winner. I didn’t see the hype with her in Miss USA... and many deserving girls, like Texas, were cut out of the top 15.

Poor Cheslie. Made to believe that she earned the crown, when in reality, she was just the token candidate of color for the infamous “Black Magic of 2019.” Tsk, tsk.
Lafeadamadelaindia

Real Life Name/Nick: Betty
Date of Birth: 09 Sep 1989
Profession: PC
Hobbies/Interests: PCing

Postby carlosebastienne » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:24 am

sleuth08 wrote:

MAKES ME WONDER IF SHE COPIED MELANIA MADER WHO COMPETED IN MISS PHILIPPINES EARTH FIRST, THEN REPRESENTED AUSTRIA IN MISS EARTH 2018 AND PLACED MISS EARTH-AIR 2018

Neither Melania Mader not Maureen Montagne hold a candle to Madison Anderson’s carpetbagging.

Melania lived in the Philippines when she competed in her initial Miss Earth pageant. Her family had moved to Austria and she had become a full-fledged Austrian resident by the time she represented Austria at her succeeding Miss Earth pageant. Miss Earth was her goal from the get-go; nothing malicious nor carpetbagging in that.

Maureen Montagne made up her mind to represent the Philippines, moved to the Philippines, competed for a Philippine crown and represented the Philippines and ended it there.

Madison Anderson, on the other hand, started early and represented Florida as a teen, then took advantage of her Puerto Rican background to represent Puerto Rico at another competition (a modeling competition), didn’t make the cut for Grand USA as a Floridian so exploited her Puerto Rican background again to make it to Miss Gwand International, wasn’t satisfied with that and flip-flopped to Florida to become Miss USA, failed at that and without even finishing her reign as her Florida county’s rep decided to jump ship again to represent Puerto Rico for Miss Universe, totally making a mockery of the Miss USA-Universe system which had selected North Carolina’s Cheslie Kryst to be the official USA representative.

There was never any intent to represent the “best” nor the essence of either Florida or Puerto Rico. It was all about gaming the system for her greedy, personal gain of milking the pageant system for a crown.

Again, neither girl above — nor Miss Universe Ireland 2019 (from Washington DC) or Miss Albania 2019 (from Chicago, IL) — come even remotely close to what Madison Anderson has done. So what’s next for this carpetbagger? Looking for a relative in New York and representing that state (where a lot of Puerto Ricans reside) to become the USA contestant for Miss World? :%))
carlosebastienne
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: Studying

Postby ajsy0203 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:43 am

carlosebastienne wrote:
sleuth08 wrote:

Neither Melania Mader not Maureen Montagne hold a candle to Madison Anderson’s carpetbagging.

Melania lived in the Philippines when she competed in her initial Miss Earth pageant. Her family had moved to Austria and she had become a full-fledged Austrian resident by the time she represented Austria at her succeeding Miss Earth pageant. Miss Earth was her goal from the get-go; nothing malicious nor carpetbagging in that.

Maureen Montagne made up her mind to represent the Philippines, moved to the Philippines, competed for a Philippine crown and represented the Philippines and ended it there.

Madison Anderson, on the other hand, started early and represented Florida as a teen, then took advantage of her Puerto Rican background to represent Puerto Rico at another competition (a modeling competition), didn’t make the cut for Grand USA as a Floridian so exploited her Puerto Rican background again to make it to Miss Gwand International, wasn’t satisfied with that and flip-flopped to Florida to become Miss USA, failed at that and without even finishing her reign as her Florida county’s rep decided to jump ship again to represent Puerto Rico for Miss Universe, totally making a mockery of the Miss USA-Universe system which had selected North Carolina’s Cheslie Kryst to be the official USA representative.

There was never any intent to represent the “best” nor the essence of either Florida or Puerto Rico. It was all about gaming the system for her greedy, personal gain of milking the pageant system for a crown.

Again, neither girl above — nor Miss Universe Ireland 2019 (from Washington DC) or Miss Albania 2019 (from Chicago, IL) — come even remotely close to what Madison Anderson has done. So what’s next for this carpetbagger? Looking for a relative in New York and representing that state (where a lot of Puerto Ricans reside) to become the USA contestant for Miss World? :%))

The closest to Madison's case was Miss Gwand Ireland 2019 where she was a former contestant at Miss Gwand Thailand 2019.
ajsy0203

Postby erinarriba » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:10 pm

carlosebastienne wrote:
sleuth08 wrote:

Goodness. I got dizzy following Madison’s journey.
erinarriba

Real Life Name/Nick: Erin
Date of Birth: 03 Sep 1979
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Modeling

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:33 pm

No, they won't. Girls with a Puerto Rican background may go to MUPR like Madison did, but girls won't go to Guam or USVI unless they have an actual connection to the islands because those are not powerful sashes and they can do much more as a Miss USA state titleholder than as a Guam or USVI titleholder. PR is even more difficult because of the language barrier. Madison barely spoke Spanish and had such a hard time even though she legitimately is half Puerto Rican, so imagine a non-Puerto Rican girl with no Spanish skills competing there --- no chance. Personally I think all of the territories should just compete in Miss USA though. Puerto Rico competed in Miss America for many years. These are all American girls anyways.
Queen of the Clouds
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Profession: Lawyer
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, music, film, politics, and parties

Postby Malcanthet » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:42 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote:No, they won't. Girls with a Puerto Rican background may go to MUPR like Madison did, but girls won't go to Guam or USVI unless they have an actual connection to the islands because those are not powerful sashes and they can do much more as a Miss USA state titleholder than as a Guam or USVI titleholder. PR is even more difficult because of the language barrier. Madison barely spoke Spanish and had such a hard time even though she legitimately is half Puerto Rican, so imagine a non-Puerto Rican girl with no Spanish skills competing there --- no chance. Personally I think all of the territories should just compete in Miss USA though. Puerto Rico competed in Miss America for many years. These are all American girls anyways.

Actually this year's Miss USVI was actually a former Miss USA state participant. In fact, there was a whole controversy with the pageant because it appears country hopping outsiders ousted the resident contestants from the top 5. One side argued about participants seeking an express trip to Miss Universe while others argue why aren't more local girls competing.
Malcanthet

Postby Brent_Fargall » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:08 pm

erinarriba wrote:
carlosebastienne wrote:
sleuth08 wrote:

Madison totally gamed the system, indeed!

Now I see why there was no way the MUO was going to give her anything higher than a 1RU placement, no matter how much the judges liked her.
Brent_Fargall

Real Life Name/Nick: Brent
Date of Birth: 15 Jun 1988
Profession: Business owner
Hobbies/Interests: Swimming

Postby Brent_Fargall » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:12 pm

Lafeadamadelaindia wrote:
Malcanthet wrote:If anything, Madison, a runner up at a state pageant would surpass the actual national titleholder showed that Cheslie was a diversity winner. I didn’t see the hype with her in Miss USA... and many deserving girls, like Texas, were cut out of the top 15.

Poor Cheslie. Made to believe that she earned the crown, when in reality, she was just the token candidate of color for the infamous “Black Magic of 2019.” Tsk, tsk.

Unless she’s completely self-absorbed, she should have realized by now that her old, unattractive face and her plagiarist millennial leanings did not deserve the Miss USA crown and that the only reason she was gifted with it was her skin color.
Brent_Fargall

Real Life Name/Nick: Brent
Date of Birth: 15 Jun 1988
Profession: Business owner
Hobbies/Interests: Swimming

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:02 pm

Malcanthet wrote:
Queen of the Clouds wrote:No, they won't. Girls with a Puerto Rican background may go to MUPR like Madison did, but girls won't go to Guam or USVI unless they have an actual connection to the islands because those are not powerful sashes and they can do much more as a Miss USA state titleholder than as a Guam or USVI titleholder. PR is even more difficult because of the language barrier. Madison barely spoke Spanish and had such a hard time even though she legitimately is half Puerto Rican, so imagine a non-Puerto Rican girl with no Spanish skills competing there --- no chance. Personally I think all of the territories should just compete in Miss USA though. Puerto Rico competed in Miss America for many years. These are all American girls anyways.

Actually this year's Miss USVI was actually a former Miss USA state participant. In fact, there was a whole controversy with the pageant because it appears country hopping outsiders ousted the resident contestants from the top 5. One side argued about participants seeking an express trip to Miss Universe while others argue why aren't more local girls competing.

Yes, I knew about it. I think that's a one-off case though. I've never seen Miss USA girls going to USVI or Guam besides her. And she was a huge statehopper in Miss USA too, I think she competed in four or five states.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:04 pm

This is so false. Cheslie and Madison never competed against each other. Who knows, maybe if Madison made it to Miss USA she would've won. Also, don't act as if pageant results don't change by-performance. Cheslie performed WAY better at Miss USA than her entire time at Miss Universe, while Madison was given top-notch Latin training for Miss Universe that she didn't have competing in Miss Florida USA.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby ajsy0203 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:33 pm

Now all 51 state winners are chosen for Miss USA 2020, which of the 204 state runners-up will follow Madison Anderson's footstep and go to Puerto Rico, Guam or US Virgin Islands for Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2020, Miss Universe Guam 2020 or Miss Universe USVI 2020?
ajsy0203

Postby wanderlustwoman » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:42 am

Let's not forget about Fig using her dual-Irish citizenship to her advantage. There's also a Venezuelan girl who competed at NJ that I believe is going for Miss Universe Venezuela. Valentina?
wanderlustwoman

Date of Birth: 18 Oct 1991
Profession: Hostess
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: travel, cooking, cats, anti-MLM

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:31 am

wanderlustwoman wrote:Let's not forget about Fig using her dual-Irish citizenship to her advantage. There's also a Venezuelan girl who competed at NJ that I believe is going for Miss Universe Venezuela. Valentina?

Valentina is legitimately Venezuelan-American though. I believe she was born there and moved to the US in her early teens. At Miss Teen USA she had a highly audible Latin accent while speaking English.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Malcanthet » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:41 pm

Miss Tiffany wrote:Maybe and they will kick filipino ass once again. Madison almost won and what about Ganzini? Just a top-20 after all that hype?! LMAO! :%))

[bAnd too many bloggers and Youtubers were afraid to tell the truth about Gazini. There was no way she was going to accomplish a back-to-back.[/b]
Malcanthet

Postby manoypoe » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:27 pm

Miss Tiffany wrote:Maybe and they will kick filipino ass once again. Madison almost won and what about Ganzini? Just a top-20 after all that hype?! LMAO! :%))

And here were go again, they are only after "kicking the asses of Filipina Queen. What a stupid opinion, as usual. :-* :-* =;)) =;))
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby ajsy0203 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:00 am

Malcanthet wrote:

[bAnd too many bloggers and Youtubers were afraid to tell the truth about Gazini. There was no way she was going to accomplish a back-to-back.[/b]

We are talking about Madison not Gazini. We are also talking about if the 204 state runners-up from batch 2020 will dare to move to Puerto Rico, Guam or USVI just like Madison Anderson?
ajsy0203

Postby FutaKaNina » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:23 pm

erinarriba wrote:
carlosebastienne wrote:
sleuth08 wrote:

Heard that she’s considering NEW JERSEY AMERICA or USA. :%))
FutaKaNina

Real Life Name/Nick: Clea
Date of Birth: 21 Jan 1991
Profession: Dreamer
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Dreaming

Return to Miss Universe