Miss USA 2019 | Juan Sebastian’s FINAL Hot Picks

Postby Juan Sebastian » Wed May 01, 2019 5:32 am

What’s up guys, I am going to make this intro quick, Miss USA 2019 is going to be crowned Thursday and this edition has been a DISASTER already. While IMG has done a great job investing in Miss Universe, they have destroyed almost all excitement that comes with Miss USA. The stage sucks, the pre-pageant activities sucked, the coverage sucked and they are shoving Sherri Hill and Lu Sierra down our throats again. I am not going to sugar coat it because I do not really have anything positive to say so far except that I am excited Sarah's reign is finally coming to an end. So let's just get to it, here are my final hot picks for Miss USA 2019!

Top 3

I usually call this group the “crown contenders”, but this year after the preliminary competition, I am throwing all my eggs in one basket. I can only logically see one girl winning the crown this year. However, anything can happen and looking back, the logic for crowning Sarah Rose Summers was very questionable. So these are the three girls who I feel are most deserving!

Miss USA 2019
Texas - Alayah Benavidez

Texas is fucking back and Alayah Benavidez is clearly their tenth Miss USA! She is the best Miss Texas USA since Crystle Stewart which makes it no surprise that she is the most competitive and prepared girl this year. So many girls overdid their walks but less is almost always more and Alayah was one of the only girls who understood that. Alayah actually reminds me a lot of Catriona Gray but with lighter hair. But that doesn’t mean its right for her to go ahead and copy the lava walk and she knew that! So many of these girls went out of control with their spinning but Alayah stayed true to herself and as a result, her stage presence was electric. She also has an incredible story of overcoming dyslexia and her PhD goals show that she is clearly very driven. She is now the only girl in this batch I can see winning Miss Universe and after the last three Miss USAs coming out of nowhere, is it wrong that I want a favorite to win this year?

1st Runner Up
New Jersey - Manya Saaraswat

The biggest struggle Manya has to overcome is her inconsistency in candid photos. But she is clearly one of the most intelligent girls this year as she has done stem cell research at Harvard! Her walk was electrifying especially in swimsuit and her gown moved perfectly on stage. New Jersey is close to their first Miss USA crown and I would not be surprised if it’s this year. Manya is the only girl right now who I can see stealing the crown from Texas.

2nd Runner Up
West Virginia - Haley Holloway

When Haley is styled right, she is a goddess. I noticed she has struggled with her styling from time to time and with certain colors she can look a bit harsh, but her makeup was perfect and the gown could not suit her any better. I do not know much about her, why she wants to be Miss USA or her social work, but I have seen her interact with fans on social media and she seems incredibly personable and genuine which are qualities a successful Miss USA must have.

Top 5

These two girls have been on my radar throughout their stay in Reno, and sealed the deal in the preliminary competition. They both fit the new direction of Miss USA perfectly!

Oklahoma - Triana Browne

I know Triana is indigenous but one of her biggest advantages is that she is ethnically ambiguous. I don’t know if she is mixed or not but when you first see her, she looks like she could be from anywhere. That being said, I was not impressed at first as I thought her face was way too harsh and her body was way too muscular. But damn she has drastically improved in both departments. Her entire frame is very easy on the eyes and with great stage presence and an impressive bio, I see her going far.

Ohio - Alice Magoto

Alice caught my eye when I saw her official headshot as I was drawn to her natural beauty. Ironically, I later found out her social work is about promoting natural beauty and abstaining from photoshop on social media which could not be more relevant in 2019. What sealed the deal for me though was her confidence during the preliminary competition. She looks so sweet yet has this big dick energy about her that I see blowing away an all female selection committee.

Top 10

These girls impressed me during the preliminary competition and could sneak into the Top 5 or even pull off a surprise win! However, I do feel there are stronger girls or there are girls that fit the IMG era better which is why I stopped them here.

Kansas - Alyssa Klinzing

At first I thought Alyssa was overrated and just another pretty face who brought nothing new to the table. But damn, I was wrong. She has a very unique backstory of working as a Disney princess at an amusement park but she was the one who looked like the princess herself. Her evening gown performance was my favorite and brought tears to my eyes as it reminded me of Paulina Vega’s Miss Universe final walk. Her look is very on trend and her social work of aiming to get more women involved in politics shows that she is the girl boss prototype that IMG is looking for.

New Mexico - Alejandra Gonzalez

Probably the face of the pageant and would be the most facially beautiful Miss USA in a long time. Beautywise, Alejandra is a hybrid of Ximena Navarrete and Barbara Turbay, two of my favorite beauty queens! But this stunning Latina is way more than a pretty face and proved during prelims she is worth the hype. She’s smart, has great stage presence and although her gown was ugly, the color was perfect on her.

Connecticut - Acacia Courtney

Acacia is never someone I considered before the preliminary competition, but she grabbed my attention in both swimsuit and evening gown. While many are dubbing her as a crown contender, I would not jump to that just yet as I felt she was rehearsed from what I have seen of her oratory. I do not see her winning like everyone else does, but she will surely give a good fight.

North Carolina - Cheslie Kryst

I am shocked Cheslie is not on more lists. This attorney and model is a prettier version of Kára McCullough, and her natural hair will win the selection committee over. She had one of the strongest performances in swimsuit and her gown performance was simple yet elegant. She is not outstanding, and is probably on a similar level to the past 3 Miss USAs. A definite shoo-in for the Top 15.

Virginia - Courtney Lynne Smits

Courtney was my biggest surprise during prelims, while she definitely looks older than she is, I think she fits the IMG mold. She had great stage presence in both rounds, but learning her story and that she is in the military makes me confident that she will at least place. She seems like the perfect combination of badass yet glamorous that IMG seems to love.

Top 15

All these girls did enough to make the Top 15 in somehow or another, but I do not think Miss USA 2019 is among these five girls. I expected more from them and I also think they could miss the cut.

Florida - Nicolette Jennings

Nicolette has stood out in photo after photo throughout her time in Reno. But I expected more during preliminaries. She could have spent a little more time at the gym and could have chosen a more appropriate gown. Her stage presence is fantastic as expected, but I think it is a high possibility the selection committee may write her off as just another pretty face which is ashamed as I think she is one of the most beautiful girls this year.

Pennsylvania - Kailyn Marie Perez

Of the Latinas, Kailyn is definitely not at the level of New Mexico or Texas. However, this law school graduate still has a pretty good chance of entering the Top 15 if her legal background translated into the interview room. While her swimsuit performance was a little too much for my taste, she has the stage presence and one of the most beautiful gowns this year.

California - Erica Dann

Before preliminaries, I was positive Erica was the strongest Miss California USA since Alyssa. I thought she was the full package until I saw her on stage. If she was from any other state and gave that performance, I would have immediately written her off. She is a very charismatic talker and has an impressive bio which gives me hope that she had a strong interview, but that is her only hope and her inclusion in my Top 15 is wishful thinking at this point.

Massachusetts - Kelly O'Grady

Kelly is probably the smartest and most accomplished girl this year. That being said, I was unimpressed by her preliminary performance in both rounds and thought she made some weird facial expressions. Yes there have been girls in this era with impressive bios but a weak preliminary performance took them out. However, I still have to trust history here and the fact that so many girls struggled with their walks makes it more likely that she will place.

New Hampshire - Alexis Chinn

Alexis caught my eye when she arrived in Reno for her striking beauty, natural hair and great styling. Upon further learning about her and reading her bio, I knew this girl was IMG material. HOWEVER, her preliminary performance left much to be desired, while she did look stunning in swimsuit, she lacked energy on stage that I was so hoping for, especially in gown. However, I feel her overall frame and performance was enough to crack the Top 15.

On Hold

There have been many questionable finalists in Miss USA recently that I cannot explain besides “she probably had an incredible interview” so I wanted to be sure I covered all the bases. I have no ranking for them and these are not alternates rather, the rest of the girls I also see making the cut.

Alabama - Hannah McMurphy

I think Hannah is stunning and she did OK in prelims, I think it could go either way for her.

Arizona - Savannah Wix

She has a gorgeous face, a great platform and an infectious personality, I have no doubt she scored very high in the interview. But her stage presence was a joke.

Arkansas - Savannah Skidmore

She did a solid job in both swimsuit and evening gown but I am apprehensive about her because Miss Arkansas last year was a huge favorite, had a great body, walk and gown performance but still missed the cut. And the thing is, they also look alike so I am not jumping on the bandwagon just yet.

District of Columbia - Cordelia Cranshaw

She has an amazing story and she caught my eye in both rounds, definitely not a winner but I think DC could be back in the Top 15 this year!

Georgia - Katerina Rozmajzl

Easily the most overrated girl this year, although she looked stunning in gown, she proved during swimsuit and during her interviews that she is not all that. However, she is hyped beyond death to the point that I feel uncomfortable counting her out although I know she does not fit the new direction of Miss USA at all.

Hawaii - Lacie Choy

Not a huge fan of her facially, but she has a very effortless beachy beauty, I can see the judges taking notice of her!

Idaho - Shelby Brown

Her story of losing so much weight and being the first from her family to graduate college could not be more IMG. I had her written down as a standout in swimsuit but her gown ruined it for her. I still see her placing though and probably making the Top 10 but going no further with that dress.

Illinois - Alexandra Plotz

She is the closest thing we have to a redhead this year and I really loved her in swimsuit. She could sneak in!

Maryland - Mariela Pepin

The only reason I excluded her from my Top 15 is that during the preliminary competition, I learned that Mariela is a botox queen! I have nothing against botox but she looked so overdone that her smile was uncomfortable to look at. That being said, she was fantastic on stage in both rounds and think if she does make it, she could be a surprise top fiver.

Minnesota - Cat Stanley

She has it all, but the gown choice was horrible. It did not move on stage and I think it could have potentially costed her. She did a great job reeling her smile in though!

Mississippi - Madeleine Overby

Not a fan of her beauty at all but I had Madeleine written down as a standout in evening gown. Do not know much about her though but she is a possibility!

Nevada - Tianna Tuamoheloa

I was expecting more in swimsuit and she could have been styled way better as the red lip was unnecessary. But she killed it in gown and is the host delegate and plus she is my girl so I cannot count her out!

New York - Florinda Kajtazi

On paper, I actually thought Florinda was quite underrated. I think she’s gorgeous and her story of surviving abuse is inspiring. I have seen her on some lists and I think she looked stunning during prelims, so a placement is not impossible, but girl had ZERO stage presence. Other than I think she is semifinalist material.

Rhode Island - Nicole Pallozzi

Call me crazy because yeah she is very weak facially but she makes up for it with an incredible body. I would go as far as saying she has one of the best bodies of the batch and I know people will consider her a WTF if she does place, but I cannot entirely count her out.

South Carolina - MaKenzie Divina

The poor mans Tamaryn Green. I am not a huge fan of this girl, I thought her styling was bad and I think she looks too youthful for Miss USA. She does seem to have a great personality though so she could make it but I was not inspired in prelims.

South Dakota - Abigail Merschman

Facially I am not sold, especially during her close up shots she looked very tired, I do not know if it was bad makeup or if she was actually tired or if that’s just her face but but her stage presence is undeniable. She might make it and South Dakota seems to be doing well the past few years so I have to give credit where it is due.

Tennessee - Savana Hodge

I swear I thought Gabriela Berrios was competing at Miss USA when she walked out. She wasn’t bad on stage but the gown was a bit heavy on her. I do not know much about her but there is a very small chance I think she will place.

Utah - Amanda Renée Giroux

I actually loved her gown, it was different and a breath of fresh air in a group of so many repetitive looking gowns. But I was looking at the gown and not her and she is another girl who looks way too youthful for my taste and I was not blown away by her preliminary performance. I do see her placing though!

Washington - Evelyn Clark

Girl competed for 10 years to win her state pageant, that is dedication and it is ashamed she won this year because this edition is clearly so cheap and budgeted. But her experience showed and I think she gave a good enough performance to make the cut!

I know the forum isn't really active right now, especially because its not Miss Universe season and no one comes here anymore but if you made it all the way to the end, thank you so much for reading and tell me what you think!

[youtube]Dq_uy1qcO-k[/youtube][youtube]5hXShNmEc44[/youtube][youtube]tQbbdvmyjS8[/youtube]
Juan Sebastian
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Juan Sebastian
Date of Birth: 06 Apr 1990
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Pharmacist
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: music, gambling & miss universe
Message: Like give it up at this point. It's me, I win, you lose hahahahaha

Re: Miss USA 2019 | Juan Sebastian’s FINAL Hot Picks

Postby Bad Curtains Galore » Wed May 01, 2019 5:37 am

Exactly the same observation for New Mexico! :-P
Bad Curtains Galore
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Zuly
Date of Birth: 03 Feb 1993
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Grad student
Hobbies/Interests: Stealing curtains

Postby MOCHA » Wed May 01, 2019 7:25 am

Have you noticed that half of the girls were doing Catriona's iconic slow-mo twirl in swimsuit and her trademark 360 pirouette spin in evening gown. Oh what IMPACT!

We need another Latina winner since Nia Sanchez and Texas is IT.

You really find New Mexico the most beautiful face in this year's edition??? Really? I find her basic. She's ONLY BEAUTIFUL when it comes to her professional photos, but in motion, her beauty up-close fades in a heartbeat. Nothing spectacular!

Your top 3 is Miss Universe top 3 last year. If you get what I mean. >:)
MOCHA
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Beauty Expert
Hobbies/Interests: Motherhood

Postby aremica » Wed May 01, 2019 8:28 am

Agree with New York. She had the most unique gown color (it really stood out) and she was styled perfectly. But damn, girl. Get a 1% personality!
It is better to be beautiful than to be good. But it is better to be good than to be ugly. ~ Oscar Wilde
aremica
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 29 May 1968
Profession: Service
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Browsing

Postby koji » Wed May 01, 2019 4:01 pm

Texas, Connecticut! >=p I forgot my two other bets. :-D
koji

Real Life Name/Nick: joey
Date of Birth: 05 May 1989
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Farmer
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageant

Postby sharronstoned » Wed May 01, 2019 4:30 pm

I found New Mexico’s face to be the loveliest in this sea of ugly, unfit, and tranny-looking contestants who needed to be sent to the Philippines to be trained in how to walk! Her overall presence, however, was just cutesy rather than fiery, her legs were too skinny, and the cut of her gown was horrible.

I liked Texas’ face, but that was it. Her body, her bow-legged frame and short lower half in particular, looked weird. And her gown wasn’t any better than New Mexico’s, or any of the underwhelming frontrunners’ gowns. The MUO should totally get rid of Sherry Hill!
sharronstoned
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Sharron
Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1988
Profession: Actor
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Stripping

Postby Juan Sebastian » Wed May 01, 2019 7:50 pm

MOCHA wrote:Have you noticed that half of the girls were doing Catriona's iconic slow-mo twirl in swimsuit and her trademark 360 pirouette spin in evening gown. Oh what IMPACT!

We need another Latina winner since Nia Sanchez and Texas is IT.

You really find New Mexico the most beautiful face in this year's edition??? Really? I find her basic. She's ONLY BEAUTIFUL when it comes to her professional photos, but in motion, her beauty up-close fades in a heartbeat. Nothing spectacular!

Your top 3 is Miss Universe top 3 last year. If you get what I mean. >:)

Yes I did and most of the girls who did it failed at it. I had a feeling because the lava walk was so talked about so many girls this year would try and copy it which I was not happy about because you cannot copy someone else walk and still look normal.

New Mexico I find stunning and refreshing and I would call her or Florida the best face of the year, but also I love her type of beauty to death and I feel like she is almost a Ximena revival so that's part of it.

And I had not thought about it that way but I totally see what you mean about my Top 3
[youtube]Dq_uy1qcO-k[/youtube][youtube]5hXShNmEc44[/youtube][youtube]tQbbdvmyjS8[/youtube]
Juan Sebastian

Postby Juan Sebastian » Wed May 01, 2019 7:52 pm

aremica wrote:Agree with New York. She had the most unique gown color (it really stood out) and she was styled perfectly. But damn, girl. Get a 1% personality!

I know it's really ashamed about New York, if she had more stage presence she would have probably made my Top 15. I don't remember her walk being terrible, she was styled great and I love what her social work is about but she just is missing that oomph. I don't know if she is just low energy or if she was tired but if she had it, I think she would be way higher.
Juan Sebastian

Postby andydmoray » Wed May 01, 2019 11:32 pm

Oh dear, I love reading your post, making me feel so good coz I happen to share some thoughts about most of the girls in your Top15.

Florida is a question mark for me and I think she might be left out for her wrong styling. And Kansas, much as I adore her in the prelims, she somewhat reminded me of Caley-Rae Pavillard, Miss Colorado USA 2016, who everybody expected to place after the prelims but ended up clapping.

I’m also a bit surprised that you didn’t include Arkansas in your Tops. I think when I saw her on stage, I saw what I had seen in Deshauna and Kára, and maybe Sarah, the comfort of standing there. I hope she can do well in the final.

I am still on fence about New Jersey. I think NJ crowned too many Indians in recent years, coincidence? And I really don’t like how she forced a smile at the end of the runway during the gown segment and between her and Minnesota, I prefer Minnesota facewise. Someone hard to decide on.

Looking forward to reading more from you.
Last edited by andydmoray on Thu May 02, 2019 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
COPYCATS AND CHEATERS, TRY ME! AND YOU'LL SEE.

PG 2019: 6th | PG 2020: 2nd | PG 2021: 6th
andydmoray
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.

Real Life Name/Nick: Andy Joshua
Date of Birth: 30 Jun 1988
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: English teacher
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: music, pageant, writing, traveling

Postby SGA » Thu May 02, 2019 3:07 am

read it all. :=p

I haven't followed MISS USA just watched the prelim and 4 out 5 of my TOP 5 girls are on your ON HOLD list :%))

ARKANSAS
MARYLAND
ALABAMA
NEW MEXICO
ARIZONA
SGA

Date of Birth: 22 May 1993
Profession: :)
Hobbies/Interests: :)(:):

Postby Anne Steph » Thu May 02, 2019 3:38 am

I do respect your choice. Wow there were so many stunner this year. i have hard time to select the contestants. all of them comes with total package to win this year Miss USA. Best of luck to all these woman.....

Juan Sebastian wrote:

What’s up guys, I am going to make this intro quick, Miss USA 2019 is going to be crowned Thursday and this edition has been a DISASTER already. While IMG has done a great job investing in Miss Universe, they have destroyed almost all excitement that comes with Miss USA. The stage sucks, the pre-pageant activities sucked, the coverage sucked and they are shoving Sherri Hill and Lu Sierra down our throats again. I am not going to sugar coat it because I do not really have anything positive to say so far except that I am excited Sarah's reign is finally coming to an end. So let's just get to it, here are my final hot picks for Miss USA 2019!

Top 3

I usually call this group the “crown contenders”, but this year after the preliminary competition, I am throwing all my eggs in one basket. I can only logically see one girl winning the crown this year. However, anything can happen and looking back, the logic for crowning Sarah Rose Summers was very questionable. So these are the three girls who I feel are most deserving!

Miss USA 2019
Texas - Alayah Benavidez

Texas is fucking back and Alayah Benavidez is clearly their tenth Miss USA! She is the best Miss Texas USA since Crystle Stewart which makes it no surprise that she is the most competitive and prepared girl this year. So many girls overdid their walks but less is almost always more and Alayah was one of the only girls who understood that. Alayah actually reminds me a lot of Catriona Gray but with lighter hair. But that doesn’t mean its right for her to go ahead and copy the lava walk and she knew that! So many of these girls went out of control with their spinning but Alayah stayed true to herself and as a result, her stage presence was electric. She also has an incredible story of overcoming dyslexia and her PhD goals show that she is clearly very driven. She is now the only girl in this batch I can see winning Miss Universe and after the last three Miss USAs coming out of nowhere, is it wrong that I want a favorite to win this year?

1st Runner Up
New Jersey - Manya Saaraswat

The biggest struggle Manya has to overcome is her inconsistency in candid photos. But she is clearly one of the most intelligent girls this year as she has done stem cell research at Harvard! Her walk was electrifying especially in swimsuit and her gown moved perfectly on stage. New Jersey is close to their first Miss USA crown and I would not be surprised if it’s this year. Manya is the only girl right now who I can see stealing the crown from Texas.

2nd Runner Up
West Virginia - Haley Holloway

When Haley is styled right, she is a goddess. I noticed she has struggled with her styling from time to time and with certain colors she can look a bit harsh, but her makeup was perfect and the gown could not suit her any better. I do not know much about her, why she wants to be Miss USA or her social work, but I have seen her interact with fans on social media and she seems incredibly personable and genuine which are qualities a successful Miss USA must have.

Top 5

These two girls have been on my radar throughout their stay in Reno, and sealed the deal in the preliminary competition. They both fit the new direction of Miss USA perfectly!

Oklahoma - Triana Browne

I know Triana is indigenous but one of her biggest advantages is that she is ethnically ambiguous. I don’t know if she is mixed or not but when you first see her, she looks like she could be from anywhere. That being said, I was not impressed at first as I thought her face was way too harsh and her body was way too muscular. But damn she has drastically improved in both departments. Her entire frame is very easy on the eyes and with great stage presence and an impressive bio, I see her going far.

Ohio - Alice Magoto

Alice caught my eye when I saw her official headshot as I was drawn to her natural beauty. Ironically, I later found out her social work is about promoting natural beauty and abstaining from photoshop on social media which could not be more relevant in 2019. What sealed the deal for me though was her confidence during the preliminary competition. She looks so sweet yet has this big dick energy about her that I see blowing away an all female selection committee.

Top 10

These girls impressed me during the preliminary competition and could sneak into the Top 5 or even pull off a surprise win! However, I do feel there are stronger girls or there are girls that fit the IMG era better which is why I stopped them here.

Kansas - Alyssa Klinzing

At first I thought Alyssa was overrated and just another pretty face who brought nothing new to the table. But damn, I was wrong. She has a very unique backstory of working as a Disney princess at an amusement park but she was the one who looked like the princess herself. Her evening gown performance was my favorite and brought tears to my eyes as it reminded me of Paulina Vega’s Miss Universe final walk. Her look is very on trend and her social work of aiming to get more women involved in politics shows that she is the girl boss prototype that IMG is looking for.

New Mexico - Alejandra Gonzalez

Probably the face of the pageant and would be the most facially beautiful Miss USA in a long time. Beautywise, Alejandra is a hybrid of Ximena Navarrete and Barbara Turbay, two of my favorite beauty queens! But this stunning Latina is way more than a pretty face and proved during prelims she is worth the hype. She’s smart, has great stage presence and although her gown was ugly, the color was perfect on her.

Connecticut - Acacia Courtney

Acacia is never someone I considered before the preliminary competition, but she grabbed my attention in both swimsuit and evening gown. While many are dubbing her as a crown contender, I would not jump to that just yet as I felt she was rehearsed from what I have seen of her oratory. I do not see her winning like everyone else does, but she will surely give a good fight.

North Carolina - Cheslie Kryst

I am shocked Cheslie is not on more lists. This attorney and model is a prettier version of Kára McCullough, and her natural hair will win the selection committee over. She had one of the strongest performances in swimsuit and her gown performance was simple yet elegant. She is not outstanding, and is probably on a similar level to the past 3 Miss USAs. A definite shoo-in for the Top 15.

Virginia - Courtney Lynne Smits

Courtney was my biggest surprise during prelims, while she definitely looks older than she is, I think she fits the IMG mold. She had great stage presence in both rounds, but learning her story and that she is in the military makes me confident that she will at least place. She seems like the perfect combination of badass yet glamorous that IMG seems to love.

Top 15

All these girls did enough to make the Top 15 in somehow or another, but I do not think Miss USA 2019 is among these five girls. I expected more from them and I also think they could miss the cut.

Florida - Nicolette Jennings

Nicolette has stood out in photo after photo throughout her time in Reno. But I expected more during preliminaries. She could have spent a little more time at the gym and could have chosen a more appropriate gown. Her stage presence is fantastic as expected, but I think it is a high possibility the selection committee may write her off as just another pretty face which is ashamed as I think she is one of the most beautiful girls this year.

Pennsylvania - Kailyn Marie Perez

Of the Latinas, Kailyn is definitely not at the level of New Mexico or Texas. However, this law school graduate still has a pretty good chance of entering the Top 15 if her legal background translated into the interview room. While her swimsuit performance was a little too much for my taste, she has the stage presence and one of the most beautiful gowns this year.

California - Erica Dann

Before preliminaries, I was positive Erica was the strongest Miss California USA since Alyssa. I thought she was the full package until I saw her on stage. If she was from any other state and gave that performance, I would have immediately written her off. She is a very charismatic talker and has an impressive bio which gives me hope that she had a strong interview, but that is her only hope and her inclusion in my Top 15 is wishful thinking at this point.

Massachusetts - Kelly O'Grady

Kelly is probably the smartest and most accomplished girl this year. That being said, I was unimpressed by her preliminary performance in both rounds and thought she made some weird facial expressions. Yes there have been girls in this era with impressive bios but a weak preliminary performance took them out. However, I still have to trust history here and the fact that so many girls struggled with their walks makes it more likely that she will place.

New Hampshire - Alexis Chinn

Alexis caught my eye when she arrived in Reno for her striking beauty, natural hair and great styling. Upon further learning about her and reading her bio, I knew this girl was IMG material. HOWEVER, her preliminary performance left much to be desired, while she did look stunning in swimsuit, she lacked energy on stage that I was so hoping for, especially in gown. However, I feel her overall frame and performance was enough to crack the Top 15.

On Hold

There have been many questionable finalists in Miss USA recently that I cannot explain besides “she probably had an incredible interview” so I wanted to be sure I covered all the bases. I have no ranking for them and these are not alternates rather, the rest of the girls I also see making the cut.

Alabama - Hannah McMurphy

I think Hannah is stunning and she did OK in prelims, I think it could go either way for her.

Arizona - Savannah Wix

She has a gorgeous face, a great platform and an infectious personality, I have no doubt she scored very high in the interview. But her stage presence was a joke.

Arkansas - Savannah Skidmore

She did a solid job in both swimsuit and evening gown but I am apprehensive about her because Miss Arkansas last year was a huge favorite, had a great body, walk and gown performance but still missed the cut. And the thing is, they also look alike so I am not jumping on the bandwagon just yet.

District of Columbia - Cordelia Cranshaw

She has an amazing story and she caught my eye in both rounds, definitely not a winner but I think DC could be back in the Top 15 this year!

Georgia - Katerina Rozmajzl

Easily the most overrated girl this year, although she looked stunning in gown, she proved during swimsuit and during her interviews that she is not all that. However, she is hyped beyond death to the point that I feel uncomfortable counting her out although I know she does not fit the new direction of Miss USA at all.

Hawaii - Lacie Choy

Not a huge fan of her facially, but she has a very effortless beachy beauty, I can see the judges taking notice of her!

Idaho - Shelby Brown

Her story of losing so much weight and being the first from her family to graduate college could not be more IMG. I had her written down as a standout in swimsuit but her gown ruined it for her. I still see her placing though and probably making the Top 10 but going no further with that dress.

Illinois - Alexandra Plotz

She is the closest thing we have to a redhead this year and I really loved her in swimsuit. She could sneak in!

Maryland - Mariela Pepin

The only reason I excluded her from my Top 15 is that during the preliminary competition, I learned that Mariela is a botox queen! I have nothing against botox but she looked so overdone that her smile was uncomfortable to look at. That being said, she was fantastic on stage in both rounds and think if she does make it, she could be a surprise top fiver.

Minnesota - Cat Stanley

She has it all, but the gown choice was horrible. It did not move on stage and I think it could have potentially costed her. She did a great job reeling her smile in though!

Mississippi - Madeleine Overby

Not a fan of her beauty at all but I had Madeleine written down as a standout in evening gown. Do not know much about her though but she is a possibility!

Nevada - Tianna Tuamoheloa

I was expecting more in swimsuit and she could have been styled way better as the red lip was unnecessary. But she killed it in gown and is the host delegate and plus she is my girl so I cannot count her out!

New York - Florinda Kajtazi

On paper, I actually thought Florinda was quite underrated. I think she’s gorgeous and her story of surviving abuse is inspiring. I have seen her on some lists and I think she looked stunning during prelims, so a placement is not impossible, but girl had ZERO stage presence. Other than I think she is semifinalist material.

Rhode Island - Nicole Pallozzi

Call me crazy because yeah she is very weak facially but she makes up for it with an incredible body. I would go as far as saying she has one of the best bodies of the batch and I know people will consider her a WTF if she does place, but I cannot entirely count her out.

South Carolina - MaKenzie Divina

The poor mans Tamaryn Green. I am not a huge fan of this girl, I thought her styling was bad and I think she looks too youthful for Miss USA. She does seem to have a great personality though so she could make it but I was not inspired in prelims.

South Dakota - Abigail Merschman

Facially I am not sold, especially during her close up shots she looked very tired, I do not know if it was bad makeup or if she was actually tired or if that’s just her face but but her stage presence is undeniable. She might make it and South Dakota seems to be doing well the past few years so I have to give credit where it is due.

Tennessee - Savana Hodge

I swear I thought Gabriela Berrios was competing at Miss USA when she walked out. She wasn’t bad on stage but the gown was a bit heavy on her. I do not know much about her but there is a very small chance I think she will place.

Utah - Amanda Renée Giroux

I actually loved her gown, it was different and a breath of fresh air in a group of so many repetitive looking gowns. But I was looking at the gown and not her and she is another girl who looks way too youthful for my taste and I was not blown away by her preliminary performance. I do see her placing though!

Washington - Evelyn Clark

Girl competed for 10 years to win her state pageant, that is dedication and it is ashamed she won this year because this edition is clearly so cheap and budgeted. But her experience showed and I think she gave a good enough performance to make the cut!

I know the forum isn't really active right now, especially because its not Miss Universe season and no one comes here anymore but if you made it all the way to the end, thank you so much for reading and tell me what you think!

Anne Steph

Real Life Name/Nick: GIGI
Date of Birth: 17 Sep 1968
Profession: Accounts Executive
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: Travelling, Singing, Listening Music, Bowling

Postby taleyblue » Thu May 02, 2019 4:07 am

Nice lists but u always tried to against my powerful & my daughter!if South Dakota did a good job in interviews round she will go very very far!!winner!!i hope her nose will not ruin her chance!i really love her in evening gown!!very elegant!
Last edited by taleyblue on Thu May 02, 2019 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
taleyblue
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Date of Birth: 17 Apr 1981
Profession: God of beauty!
Hobbies/Interests: Running ,Gym & beauty pageant
Message: Once You Start Believing In Yourself, Magic Starts Happening!

Postby fortela » Thu May 02, 2019 4:57 am

texas new York Kansas new Hampshire new mexico Illinois Arkansas Arizona virginia….texas new mexico virginia had most beautiful faces for more.....many more girls could be in top 15 by beauty alone
fortela

Real Life Name/Nick: ninen
Profession: paralegal
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageants

Postby Miss Bicolandia » Thu May 02, 2019 7:30 am

It's weird that after a few months I am reading a post from you. I have not followed Miss USA 2019 at all. Will watch the final but I hope there'll be a livestream.
I didn't know I was looking for love until I found you, Babe!
Miss Bicolandia

Real Life Name/Nick: Venus :)
Date of Birth: 10 Dec 1980
Profession: Teacher, Freelance writer
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: pageants, travel, literature, music

Postby markita » Thu May 02, 2019 10:35 am

>=p
markita

Date of Birth: 26 Jul 1983
Profession: Beauty Pageant Expert
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Hobbies/Interests: Films, Pageantry & Literature

Postby Darna na Dyesebel pa » Thu May 02, 2019 11:24 am

It’s surprising they look gorgeous up close .
Onstage they look generic with generic catwalk wearing generic gowns . Ha ha
USA is a very powerful sash . If Texas wins I’m pretty sure she’ll do very well .
Darna na Dyesebel pa

Real Life Name/Nick: Darna Dyesebel
Date of Birth: 27 Oct 2010
Profession: ==========
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: ==========

Postby Juan Sebastian » Thu May 02, 2019 5:01 pm

andydmoray wrote:Oh dear, I love reading your post, making me feel so good coz I happen to share some thoughts about most of the girls in your Top15.

Florida is a question mark for me and I think she might be left out for her wrong styling. And Kansas, much as I adore her in the prelims, she somewhat reminded me of Caley-Rae Pavillard, Miss Colorado USA 2016, who everybody expected to place after the prelims but ended up clapping.

I’m also a bit surprised that you didn’t include Arkansas in your Tops. I think when I saw her on stage, I saw what I had seen in Deshauna and Kára, and maybe Sarah, the comfort of standing there. I hope she can do well in the final.

I am still on fence about New Jersey. I think NJ crowned too many Indians in recent years, coincidence? And I really don’t like how she forced a smile at the end of the runway during the gown segment and between her and Minnesota, I prefer Minnesota facewise. Someone hard to decide on.

Looking forward to reading more from you.

thank you, about Arkansas, I have my logic for excluding her which may or may not be relevant at all so IDK. Her preliminary performance and social work are definitely strong enough to make the cut. She is the main girl looking back I wish I included and I think she will likely make it ahead of probably most of the girls I stopped at Top 15
Juan Sebastian

Postby Juan Sebastian » Thu May 02, 2019 5:06 pm

SGA wrote:read it all. :=p

I haven't followed MISS USA just watched the prelim and 4 out 5 of my TOP 5 girls are on your ON HOLD list :%))

ARKANSAS
MARYLAND
ALABAMA
NEW MEXICO
ARIZONA

I see all of them in the Top 5 except for Alabama (left no impression on me really during prelims, I see her making the 15 or even 10 tho and Arizona.

What made you include Arizona? She was not the best on stage and her gown was maybe the worst of the batch for me but what did you think of her? She's def got the personality tho!
Juan Sebastian

Postby Tingle Wingle » Thu May 02, 2019 6:53 pm

sharronstoned wrote:I found New Mexico’s face to be the loveliest in this sea of ugly, unfit, and tranny-looking contestants who needed to be sent to the Philippines to be trained in how to walk! Her overall presence, however, was just cutesy rather than fiery, her legs were too skinny, and the cut of her gown was horrible.

I liked Texas’ face, but that was it. Her body, her bow-legged frame and short lower half in particular, looked weird. And her gown wasn’t any better than New Mexico’s, or any of the underwhelming frontrunners’ gowns. The MUO should totally get rid of Sherry Hill!

You’re very happy with the quality of this year’s coontestants, aren’t you? :%))
Tingle Wingle

Real Life Name/Nick: Ting
Date of Birth: 25 Feb 1995
Sexual Orientation: Bicurious
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Tingling wingling

Postby Tiramisu » Thu May 02, 2019 8:29 pm

they should crown a girl with full package like Texas this year, especially after 3 years with underwhelming winners!
Tiramisu

Date of Birth: 01 Feb 1994
Profession: Young professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: Catwalk

Postby MariaAndreina » Thu May 02, 2019 11:34 pm

A solid review as expected and thank you for still taking the time to write up quality reviews despite the forum dying by the minute. :-*
MariaAndreina

Real Life Name/Nick: Maria
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

Postby Mildred Styles » Thu May 02, 2019 11:48 pm

It's between Texas, West Virginia, and Oklahoma for me. These three girls are worthy to be crowned but I have a feeling they're going for Oklahoma for a historic win. Imagine a first native american woman Miss USA, it will be all over the news around the world!

ISILDA MOREIRA FOR MISSO'S NEXT TOP MODEL

Mildred Styles

Real Life Name/Nick: Maria Matilda
Date of Birth: 21 Sep 1990
Profession: None
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby BitterBtwnNepalNPakistan » Fri May 03, 2019 12:03 am

Darna na Dyesebel pa wrote:It’s surprising they look gorgeous up close .
Onstage they look generic with generic catwalk wearing generic gowns . Ha ha...

They look worse in person. It's just been bad this year. =O/
BitterBtwnNepalNPakistan

Real Life Name/Nick: Xen
Date of Birth: 20 Jan 1984
Profession: TF
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby SGA » Fri May 03, 2019 12:33 am

Juan Sebastian wrote:
SGA wrote:read it all. :=p

ARKANSAS
MARYLAND
ALABAMA
NEW MEXICO
ARIZONA

I see all of them in the Top 5 except for Alabama (left no impression on me really during prelims, I see her making the 15 or even 10 tho and Arizona.

What made you include Arizona? She was not the best on stage and her gown was maybe the worst of the batch for me but what did you think of her? She's def got the personality tho!

Arizona was the girl with the red dress?? I loved her on stage!

SGA

Postby Juan Sebastian » Fri May 03, 2019 12:50 am

LMFAOOOOOOO I AM SO DONE THIS TOP 15 SUCKS TEXAS WAS ROBBED
Juan Sebastian

Postby SGA » Fri May 03, 2019 12:56 am

I still have ARKANSAS, NEW MEXICO and MARYLAND from my top 5 :%))
SGA

Postby Juan Sebastian » Fri May 03, 2019 12:58 am

SGA wrote:I still have ARKANSAS, NEW MEXICO and MARYLAND from my top 5 :%))

I still have OHIO and OKLAHOMA my 4 and 5 lmfao, I should have put Kansas and New Mexico in my Top 5
Juan Sebastian

Postby SGA » Fri May 03, 2019 1:10 am

From the top 10 I still have 6 alive!! my winner and runner up are ARKANSAS and MARYLAND
SGA

Postby Liquid_Nylon » Fri May 03, 2019 2:04 am

Juan! You highlighted her in your list, and she (Chelsea - NC) flew under the radar by most! I can see why she won.... Super intelligent and versatile in her styling.

Let’s see her transformation pre-arrival to Miss Universe 2019! Congrats girl!
Liquid_Nylon

Real Life Name/Nick: Liquid_Nylon
Date of Birth: 21 Apr 1987
Profession: Account Executive
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion and Beauty, Travel, Sports

Postby Juan Sebastian » Fri May 03, 2019 2:23 am

f**k, I was about to include North Carolina in my Top 5 and I should have, I was playing around with the order of my girls from 2-9 a lot and I was thinking about it but I put West Virginia there instead.
Juan Sebastian

Next

Return to Miss Universe