VALLERIAM'S MISS UNIVERSE 2018 FINAL ASSESSMENT!

VALLERIAM'S MISS UNIVERSE 2018 FINAL ASSESSMENT!

Postby valleriam » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:02 am

I have been silently following each and every move of the girls; their social media, pictures, videos, interviews, and of course, the preliminary competition! I have to say this is probably the most competitive batch I've seen since 2004, and we have at least 7 SOLID choices for the crown. They are bringing back the continental format, which I don't care for, but the show must go on. The competition's gonna be cutthroat and many surprises are in store for us!!!!

With that said, here's my final assessment for Miss Universe 2018:

Top 5 from America

PUERTO RICO - CURACAO - VENEZUELA - ECUADOR - CANADA

Top 5 from Africa & Asia / Pacific

PHILIPPINES - SOUTH AFRICA - VIETNAM - JAPAN - NIGERIA

Top 5 from Europe

RUSSIA - GREAT BRITAIN - IRELAND - ALBANIA - SPAIN

Wildards

PERU - EL SALVADOR - COLOMBIA - THAILAND - AUSTRALIA

-
-
-

Possible Spoilers

MALTA - USA - NAMIBIA - KENYA - ICELAND

-
-
-

Honorable Mentions

NICARAGUA: Great presence and dynamism. Her teeth are distracting, but she knows how to work IT on stage! She reminded me of Paulina Vega at times and her swimsuit presentation was one of the best.

PANAMA: She has a great background and is very vocal about it. I am not impressed by her performances, I find her a little flat and forgettable. However, I do think she is a potential quarter finalist.

COSTA RICA: She has the best body of the competition and is very sultry. She exudes confidence, but face wise she's PLAIN. I could see her in the Top 10.

KYRGYZSTAN: For a newbie, she did so well. She needs more confidence in her walk, but her overall performance was strong and competitive.

SWITZERLAND: Pristine beauty!!! She is so gorgeous and charming. Her overall look is immaculate, but it's clear she needed more training in her projection. She reminds me of Monica Spear at times, so angelic!

Alternates

INDIA

Miss India is a polarizing beauty and has undeniable presence. Her unique face can be her saving grace, and she is one of the best performers. However, her spot has been reserved for the host delegate. She has great sense of personal style and knows what works for her. I could see her as a major spoiler and possible Top 5 placer.

LEBANON

She is the face of the pageant. Her frame is weak, but the camera loves her face. Her performance was decent enough and I could see her in the lineup.

INDONESIA

I am heartbroken that I couldn't include her in my final 20. If there was no continental format, she would definitely be in my 20 favorites. I find her very serene and doll like. She always looks immaculate and exudes elegance. I will be happy if she makes it.

JAMAICA

The beauty is there, but her performance has been just safe. She would be a decent quarter finalist, and I can totally see it happening for Jamaica this year again.

MEXICO

Andrea is drop dead gorgeous and a total diva. She has been looking very consistent. Again, she did not make it due to the format, but I recognize she has potential to go all the way. At times she tries way too hard, I need more sophistication in her walk.

-
-
-

Top 20

20th: SPAIN

She just has to make it! She needs to prove her point, and I am here for it! She looked so empowered and serene, she's living her dream. In all fairness, Europe is really weak this year and Angela is one of the few that stood out to me. She has been the most requested girl by the media and is probably going to win Congeniality! I do think her voice is masculine, but that is something that she can work on in the future. Do I see her as Miss Universe? I don't. Do I think she could make it further? YES! There's a huge chance, because her statement is going to be groundbreaking and just ICONIC.

19th: THAILAND

The host girl this year isn't blessed with a gorgeous face. However, she comes across as a very strong individual, confident and dignified on stage. Her overall look is always very polished, although some of the choices are questionable, we can't deny she has improved tremendously. Plus, it's always fun to see the host country cheering for their girl.

18th: ALBANIA

Miss Albania is bold, authentic and just imposing. It's amazing to see how at such a young age she has all this fire inside of her and isn't afraid to show who she is. I love her for being unapologetic and consistent with who she is! Face wise, she is beyond gorgeous and a beauty that is not yet at her prime. She could be the Sanja Papic of this edition.

17th: IRELAND

Miss Ireland comes across as very demure and chic. She's a little reserved on stage, but she knows how to project beauty and the perfect amount of sexiness! I agree with the comment that she's reminiscent of Carrie Prejean! I need more energy from her for the finals, I have no doubt she'll make it.

16th: RUSSIA

Her face is just magnetic and I found myself in awe when she was strutting with such confidence in her swimsuit. Girls from Russia are usually very well trained and they always bring the best wardrobes, and this is not the exception. Her overall performance has been of high caliber. At times she is a little teeny bopper and tends to get lost in the lineup.

15th: AUSTRALIA

Australia has such a cute smile, and is very warm and bubbly! I do think she lacks pizzazz and her performance was just safe! It is enough to place, but will she be able to show more spark during finals? We'll see. I personally think her gown doesn't go well with her type of beauty, she needed something simple and effortless. With that said, I do recognize that she fits the IMG type to perfection. She has a commercial type of beauty, very girl next door and universal.

14th: JAPAN

One of the best performers this year! She could be a spoiler and make it all the way. I find her very sophisticated, charismatic and she has a strong overall package.

13th: EL SALVADOR

Marisela has come such a long way. I still remember her from the NBL days, when she was very poor and so humble, so I am very happy to see she's become such an empowered woman. Her overall look is imposing and memorable, and I wouldn't expect less from such a seasoned queen.

12th: COLOMBIA

Her face is pure perfection. I love to see that Colombia is being represented by such a natural type of girl. She is effortless and very fresh. She has maintained her front runner status all along but I need more energy and pizzazz from Valeria.

11th: VIETNAM

She has been so pleasant in all the activities. I like that she's bold, and very confident in her look. She is one of the best dressed this edition, always looking flawless and she has a look that sells! I would love to see her with a simple hair, maybe a slicked back hair to showcase her gorgeous face.

Top 10

10th: NIGERIA

Miss Nigeria looks like that bubbly girl that you just wanna be friends with! She is so charismatic and her frame is very impressive. Her modelesque look and bubbly aura could help her get closer to the crown and I can see her in that Top 3!

9th: VENEZUELA

Her overall look is so captivating and hard to miss. When she's performing I am glued to the screen, she's just IT!!!! I do think she needs to cut that hair, but it is her signature look and she worked it like no other. Her performance is evidence that she has been trained to win, as usual from Venezuelan queens, so she is not to be underestimated. I can see her in the Top 5!!!! With that said, I don't think she is a good fit for IMG as she lacks global appeal and her face is very manufactured.

8th: PERU

Romina is a total glamazon and a true representation of Latina beauty! From day one she's been on my radar and I'm glad to see that everyone is recognizing her potential. She has such a warm, genuine smile, and her overall look is just so complete; loved her swimsuit performance because she's not ashamed of rocking a bikini in her curvaceous body! She is a possible winner if she changes that dress, which is plain and not worthy of discussion.

7th: ECUADOR

Virginia is such a professional! She is another one that came for the win. While I do think she lacks a little freshness, I see maturity and determination in her aura. She has one of the best bodies and her overall package is Top 3 worthy! I would love to see Ecuador win Miss Universe this year.

6th: CURACAO

Wow!!!!! She is a silent killer you guys. I saw her and she was channeling Carolina Indriago in her performances, simply untouchable and sublime. The only thing against her is her sash, and I don't think sash factor is a strong under this new management, so Curacao is finally ready to avenge Verna Vasquez!!!!!

Top 5

5th: CANADA

Marta has such a powerful, strong look! She is Alice Panikian reloaded! Killer body, killer walk, and a face that you could see in magazines all over the world. Her performance has been just correct, nothing out of the ordinary, but still competitive. Her overall look is very Miss Universe from the 00's, and I do think she lacks a little freshness, but her package is just too strong.

4th: SOUTH AFRICA

I love Miss South Africa this year! She is such a ray of light, and very serene. Her smile lights up the room and she exudes warmth and authenticity! Personally, I find her better than Demi is all aspects, so, a back to back isn't completely impossible.

Top 3

2nd runner up: GREAT BRITAIN

She is such a well rounded contestant and looks like no other girl, which is a plus. Her look in evening gown is both empowering and sublime, she killed it! Face wise, I do find her ordinary, but her overall package is very strong and she's very likable. Based on her overall performance, she could be a surprise winner a la Mpule Kwelagobe.

1st runner up: PUERTO RICO

She is so vibrant, accessible and spontaneous. I think she fits the mold to perfection this year, and what a great comeback! Anything is possible, but we can't deny that Kiara has put us in the map again, and for that I am so thankful! The way she glided on stage with her dress was effortless and her swimsuit performance is just correct, with the perfect amount of sultriness! I usually do not like to put my girls too high, and I tend to be very objective and professional, but this year we came out with guns blazing!

Miss Universe 2018: PHILIPPINES

Catriona is one of the most complete and beautiful women to ever walk the Miss Universe stage. The undisputed winner of the preliminaries, BY A LANDSLIDE. She came to win, and she demonstrated that you don't need a perfect body to kill the swimsuit competition. Remember, guys, the swimsuit round is judged from the neck up, and she displayed so much pizzazz and confidence, it was her night. Prior to the preliminaries, she has been gaining momentum and is indeed the celebrity of this year's edition. My only critique are the shoes for the dress (I hate the platform heels), but she truly looked so impeccable! Catriona is the perfect choice for the crown this year because she is inarguably the UNIVERSAL FAVORITE of this edition, similar to what happened with Paulina Vega and Pia Wurtzbach. She has the winning aura, the perfectly balanced beauty, and the global appeal to be our new Miss Universe.

MY FINAL CHOICES FOR MISS UNIVERSE 2022:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1954551
valleriam
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 24 Jan 1988
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: HBIC
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty

Re: VALLERIAM'S MISS UNIVERSE 2018 FINAL ASSESSMENT!

Postby taleyblue » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:25 am

taleyblue wrote:Do I need to say more about Thailand !!?ok Sophida’s out going personality friendly are the most standout!as a host girl she did a very good job!!i always see u spirit fighting in her eyes since the first day she come apply MUT but I has no chance to learn her because at first I’m not a big fan of her beauty and she is not a photogenic so it’s same as most of you right now that still can’t solve in her beauty !but later after she won MUT I started to learn her and I completely solved with her since the first day she win MUT!!for me she has one of the best face in the competition in Miss Universe this year!exotic oreintal beauty!an ancient asian beauty of asia!!and I know IMG&MUO can see it!!her preliminary stage presence is the best for me!!such a queen walk with natural confidently beautiful with a good heart!so classy &elegant with great energy!she doesn’t need to be fierce &sexy to make her standout!she just show the person who she is on stage!so real!she just enjoyed her best time in her life with the thai crowd!!i can see it she is so proud of that moment!!it’s will be in her memory forever!she is so good luck thai beauty queen that she represent Thailand this year in homeland in our golden era in Miss Universe!!she is screaming confidently beautiful &empowering woman!!finally the right time for us to win our 3 rd crown has come!it’s our destiny!!i can’t wait for the final night !thailand is going to win Miss Universe!!! >=p >=p >=p >:)
taleyblue
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Date of Birth: 17 Apr 1981
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: God of beauty!
Hobbies/Interests: Running ,Gym & beauty pageant
Message: Once You Start Believing In Yourself, Magic Starts Happening!

Postby Miss Bicolandia » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:50 am

17 of my top 20 are in your list! We have the same top 2. Great top 5, I must say! Good luck to Kiki and Cat!
I didn't know I was looking for love until I found you, Babe!
Miss Bicolandia
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Venus :)
Date of Birth: 10 Dec 1980
Profession: Teacher, Freelance writer
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: pageants, travel, literature, music

Postby AMADEUZ » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:08 am

Aha! I knew you’ll include PERU. I’m like seeing all these random lists and I’m surprise that only a few have her. She’s underrated.

The only girl I like that’s not on your list is NAMIBIA. She impressed me in the prelims.

Europe = wasted spots. I think this region is super weak this year. I can’t even pick a decent 5.

THAILAND and USA are meh!

And finally, congrats on your amazing queen this year. I love Kiki!
AMADEUZ

Date of Birth: 14 Feb 1990
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Profession: JUNKIE
Hobbies/Interests: SNUGGLING

Postby abid » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:15 am

I hate to see Great Britain in everyone's lists (including myself haha). I prefer Kenya and Nigeria over her.

Thanks for this post. I always look forward for your reviews.

4/5
abid
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1995
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: bartender
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: playing billiards, swimming

Postby Juan Sebastian » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:23 am

I LOVE HOW YOU HAVE GREAT BRITAIN IN TOP 3, I love Dee-Ann so much and I have her in my Top 5, excellent analysis as usual!
[youtube]Dq_uy1qcO-k[/youtube][youtube]5hXShNmEc44[/youtube][youtube]tQbbdvmyjS8[/youtube]
Juan Sebastian

Real Life Name/Nick: Juan Sebastian
Date of Birth: 06 Apr 1990
Profession: Pharmacist
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: music, gambling & miss universe
Message: Like give it up at this point. It's me, I win, you lose hahahahaha

Postby MOCHA » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:44 am

The best list I’ve read thus far. It is objectively diverse, and you have an eye for underappreciated beauties.

Now let me begin…

If you look at Africa closely, it is competitive. You have South Africa, Namibia, Nigeria, and Kenya.

I knew you would put Peru, Curacao and Great Britain! Mommy can read you too well. So obvious because I have them high in my list as well.

Peru had so much confidence in showing that curvaceous body. I must say, she is CONFIDENTLY BEAUTIFUL! Fingers crossed!

You read my mind on Curacao. She was giving me Carolina Indriago, Miss Venezuela Universe 1999. I swear, her performance was immaculate. Very clean lines on stage. I hope she makes it!!!

South Africa won the evening gown portion. She looked like an angel walking in clouds. Her white gown against her gorgeous skin and exotic features with minimal makeup under the lights, was nothing short of BRILLIANCE. It took my breath away!!!
MOCHA
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Beauty Expert
Hobbies/Interests: Motherhood

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:42 am

Wow. I love seeing Great Britain in your top 3. Been waiting for your post. Solid Top 5 and yeah, I must agree that it is a landslide for Catriona. All she needs is really lady luck on her side.

Great read. Putting this at the global now.

UNO - God of Beauty

Real Life Name/Nick: Uno
Date of Birth: 13 Jun 1984
Profession: Airline Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: surfin, travelin

Postby megan_twinny » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:00 am

no wonder you're the only pageant expert here who could make me read all the words written. you always write your analyses on point and precise while others are trying hard. ahem --- poster above --- :%))
megan_twinny
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Megs
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1913
Profession: Beauty Queen
Hobbies/Interests: Pageant, Acting

Postby megan_twinny » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:01 am

no wonder you're the only pageant expert here who could make me read all the words written. you always write your analyses on point and precise while others are trying hard. ahem --- poster above --- :%))
megan_twinny

Real Life Name/Nick: Megs
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1913
Profession: Beauty Queen
Hobbies/Interests: Pageant, Acting

Postby danksa » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:16 am

Wooo!!! I got 16/20!!! :!! :!! :!! :!! :!!
Where can i send the Bench GC's so you can buy a decent underwear? Act of charity ko na s pagiging basher mo!!!
danksa

Real Life Name/Nick: DAN
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1979
Profession: EMPLOYED
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: Interior designing/cooking

Postby somosperu » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:17 pm

Peru worked day by day .....she made a good job and so grateful that some people recognize her effort ......SI SE PUEDE PERUUU
somosperu

Date of Birth: 28 Oct 1962
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: BEAUTY CONTEST

Postby FutaKaNina » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:00 am

Hats-off to you for your ability to be objective. Bravo! :=p
FutaKaNina
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Clea
Date of Birth: 21 Jan 1991
Profession: Dreamer
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Dreaming

Postby Ea'rend¿l » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:07 am

Congratulations! =D>
Ea'rend¿l
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Earendil
Date of Birth: 12 Sep 1986
Profession: Knight of Templar
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Astronomy and Chasing Time

Postby Fushigi » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:26 am

This is how you should do it. If you get rid of yourself with hate and biased you will be credible. This is a very good assessment Valleriam. Keep it up :) and Congrats to Kiara. I still believed that she deserved to be in the top 3. :-* :-*
Fushigi

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1993
Profession: student
Hobbies/Interests: chatting :)

Postby Fushigi » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:30 am

This is how you should do it. If you get rid of yourself with hate and biased you will be credible. This is a very good assessment Valleriam. Keep it up :) and Congrats to Kiara. I still believed that she deserved to be in the top 3. :-* :-*
Fushigi

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1993
Profession: student
Hobbies/Interests: chatting :)

Postby cindy_kato » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:25 am

this what's differentiate a legit pageant expert from a pseudo pageant expert .
"In pageant world full of Megan Young and Pia Wurtzbach, all we need is a Dayana Mendoza."
cindy_kato

Real Life Name/Nick: Maldito
Date of Birth: 03 May 1983
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Gangster
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Misso

Postby tiutiu » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:02 am

YOU ARE THE ULTIMATE PAGEANT EXPERT HERE IN MISSO, VALLERIAM! I ALWAYS WAIT FOR YOUR REVIEW AND FINAL HOT PICKS!
tiutiu

Real Life Name/Nick: tiu
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1987
Profession: IT professional
Hobbies/Interests: swimming

Postby Captain Star » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:02 pm

Valleriam is Queen of PE. That's why Nina Floptra and her minions did everything that they could to tarnish her reputation a few years ago. Unfortunately, their dirty antics got busted.hahaha

Captain Star

Real Life Name/Nick: STAR
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: STAR FOR ALL SEASONS!
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Missosology

Postby hrexen » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:51 pm

:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7
Always love your reviews. For me you are the best PE here in Misso. Still remember how you predicted the win of Venezuela 2013 (which I still do not understand- worst winner of the decade) but nobody else from the forumers would have dare to do it. Keep it up !
hrexen

Date of Birth: 21 Jan 1986
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Run and read

Postby Anne Steph » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:52 pm

Sis Anne Steph got 16/20.....
Anne Steph

Real Life Name/Nick: GIGI
Date of Birth: 17 Sep 1968
Profession: Accounts Executive
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Travelling, Singing, Listening Music, Bowling

Postby valleriam » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:29 am

Thanks to everyone!

:-*

MY FINAL CHOICES FOR MISS UNIVERSE 2022:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1954551
valleriam

Date of Birth: 24 Jan 1988
Profession: HBIC
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty

Return to Miss Universe