On Transwomen and Ignorance

On Transwomen and Ignorance

Postby Kiwi » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:54 pm

First of all, I'd like to extend a hearty congratulations to the new Miss Universe Spain, Angela Ponce! I was rooting for Andrea De Las Haras but at the end of the day, Angela will make history as the first transwoman to represent her country at Miss Universe! What an accomplishment.

And now to the issue at hand,

I'm not gonna mince words, there's been a lot of hatred and casual transphobia thrown around recently. A lot of it was seen during Miss Israel and now, especially with Angela earning the right to go to Miss Universe.

It's absolutely disgusting.

I've seen many people bandy around phrases like "I don't hate trans but she should join Miss Tiffany instead of Miss Universe". That's transphobic. Just like there are shades and degrees of racism and homophobia, from microaggressions to hate crimes, so it goes with transphobia. By saying this, you are literally othering another human being, making them seem less than because they were born in the wrong body. You have no idea how much pain and struggle and confusion transwomen go through to find the freedom to live their true identities. She is a woman, whether you like it or not. And even if you subscribe to the antiquated thinking that she was born of a different gender, she is a woman legally, and was allowed to compete and win her national pageant. No ifs and or buts about it.

So many people here engage in cheap, frankly insulting, humour in lieu of actual meaningful discussion and celebration of a step forward. MUO should be applauded in being a pioneer in bringing pageants to reflect the modern, advanced world we live in now, it should be applauded for combating bigotry with acceptance. And yet here, we see a cesspool of degrading opinions, mostly borne out of ignorance and fear.

So many are misgendering transwomen, and using the antiquated term transgender. It's not okay.
The world is evolving. Maybe you should too.

On a final note, let's play devil's advocate. So Angela competes at Miss Universe. What the f**k are you gonna do about it? Petitions? Maybe organize a protest even? At the end of the day, the narrative is against you. The Miss Universe organisation and the most prominent voices of the world will endorse this leap forward. Do you really think they're gonna take away her right to represent her country just because you're butthurt? In fact, the opposite will happen. They will get praised for building bridges instead of putting up walls. You will be on the wrong side of history. And your children's children will judge you for being bigoted.

At the end of the day, you'll still be watching Miss Universe on your shitty livestream being aggrieved by the fact that a transwoman will proudly represent her country and the future on that stage.

Kiwi
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 23 Jan 1983
Profession: student
Hobbies/Interests: living and loving

Re: On Transwomen and Ignorance

Postby bcdf1930 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:17 pm

:=p :=p :=p :=p :=p
bcdf1930
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Anonymous:)
Date of Birth: 20 Nov 1984
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: IT professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Reading books, browsing Internet

Postby Specialfx » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:43 pm

BORN IN THE WRONG BODY GUYS: =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;))

ONE MOMENT PLEASE :zzz

SAY AGAIN: =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;))

''By saying this, you are literally othering another human being, making them seem less than because they were born in the wrong body.''

How does a man know that he was born in the wrong body?

Has he been a woman before in a past life?

Why is it all about the physical body?

Did you know that the male brain and the female brains are different; female don't carry the Y chromosome? THATS WHY HE WILL FOREVER BE MALE. When doctors can change the brain come and talk to me.

What is the essence of a woman? ooh wait wrong question- What is the essence of being transgender? =b

Good bye Miss Universe.... And as for the contest I know Miss USA will slaughter 'HIS' ass on stage ( fucking queer). I won't be watching but I am sure to hear the good news. =b
Specialfx

Date of Birth: 18 Aug 1974
Profession: Photographer
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Hobbies/Interests: Costume making, Photography and modeling
Message: I don't Belive in working hard in life, I work smart and still get the job done.

Postby Hu Yu Hai Ding » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:46 pm

ImageImage
Hu Yu Hai Ding
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 12 Sep 1997
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Multimedia
Message: Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Postby Agnes Rosenberg » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

TO ALL THE UGLY HATERS HERE IN MISSO......
HAVE ANY TRANSGENDER DO SOMETHING BAD TO ANY OF YOU?
FROM WHERE DOES ALL OF YOUR HATE COMING FROM? @-) @-) @-)

Be careful who you hate. It could be someone you love.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LESBIAN, GAY,
BISEXUAL, TRANSGENDER... GET OVER IT.
Agnes Rosenberg
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Date of Birth: 16 Aug 1995
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Trans Model
Hobbies/Interests: LGBTQ Party
Message: People will love me. People will hate me. Others will secretly wish to be me.

Postby Ligaya Magdalena » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:49 pm

Ligaya Magdalena wrote:
Focpoclou Wang wrote:Kalokahhhhh.... NAGKAKAUBUSAN NA BA NG MGA GAY PAGEANTS.... kaya pati yung dapat na para lang sa mga TUNAY na babae eh talagang ipagpilitan ng iba nating kapatid na bakla na salihan. :-O :-O :-O Dreaming is ok but being delusioned is NOT... Kahit isang libong opera pa ipagawa niyo dyan sa mga katawan niyo.... ORIGINALLY, you were conceived and born as MALE... mga ambisyosang froglets..... =O/ =O/ =O/

Agnes Rosenberg wrote: @Focpoc Louwang.....Hoy baklang panget na may katawan na singlaki ng sa elepante...... DONT US... Hindi namin kasalanan kung pinanganak kaming maganda, payat, makinis at mukhang babae. [-X Pera at panahon namin ang ginagamit namin sa pagpapalagay ng suso at pekpekk kaya WALA KAYONG PAKIALAM. [-X

Mamatay kayo sa ingget mga baklang CHAKA. :-j Baket ba BITTER na BITTER kayo sa aming magagandang bakla. At baket bawal kaming sumali sa mga female beauty pageants, bakeetttt, INSECURE na ba yung mga bilat nyong kandidata sa malaDiyosa naming kagandahan dahil ba sa mas maganda pa kami sa kanila.

Haleeeerrr, INGGIT MUCH TO THE MAX ang mga peg nyo.... PALIBHASA MGA SAKSAKAN NG PANGET KAYO!!! @-) =O/ @-)

Ateng Agnes, tingin ko eh wala namang umaaway sayo. Ganyan talaga ang buhay, hindi natin control ang sasabihin at gugustuhin ng ibang tao. Kung karapatan mong ipaglaban ang rights mo bilang Transgender eh karapatan din nilang sabihin ang opinyon nila maging tama man ito o mali sa paniniwala mo. :-*

Relax lang ateng... dapat nga happy ka na dahil mismong IMG na ang tumatanggap para makasali ang mga Transgender sa Miss Universe Pageant... Ohhh debahhhhh napakalaking development na yan... CHEER UP... Maganda ka at mayaman at edukada.... Look at me,,, mahirap, panget at di nakatapos sa college, pero I AM HAPPY AND CONTENTED with what God has given me. :O)

Madeleine, bago mo sabihing naiinis ka sakin,
tanong mo muna kung natutuwa ako sayo. Okay?
Ligaya Magdalena

Date of Birth: 05 Mar 1992
Profession: Stage Actress
Hobbies/Interests: Glitters and Gold
Message: Masama akong tao, tulad mo, sa parehong paraan na mabuti kang tao, tulad ko.

Postby arkenken » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:03 pm

The sad thing is that it is happening in our own community.
Everything is so finite. But don't you think that that's what makes our time, at specific moments, so important?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
arkenken

Date of Birth: 13 Aug 1990
Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: watching movies.

Postby micoexpress5 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:14 pm

If transwomen r allowed to join Miss U, I think drag queens should be allowed also. Let’s just break the rules and be more accepting, like allowing married women, little women, gays, women on their 40’s and beyond, voluptuous women like Ashley Graham, divorcee, women with children and much more. We should make a petition for Katelyn Jenner to join Miss USA and hopefully wins and be the USA’s representative for the 2019 Miss Universe. The crazier the merrier! ( the word crazier is use for laughter and not to demean people)
Last edited by micoexpress5 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
micoexpress5

Real Life Name/Nick: Mikobe
Date of Birth: 04 Jul 1989
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: NP
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Movies/Swimming/Tennis

Postby Beta » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:20 pm

Thank you, Kiwi - there's a lot of wisdom in your post.

I haven't always reached out beyond my comfort zone to understand. But a little understanding goes a long way.

I also see that the ugly side alternicks have come out of the woodwork......

I find it perplexing that some gays on the board don't understand how a trans person feels.
"I'm a guy, but I like guys"
"I'm a girl, but I like girls"
I"m a girl, but I feel like I should've been a boy"
I'm a boy, but I feel like I should've been a girl"

To those of you who continually denegrate, disparage, attack anyone you deem to be different, especially those hiding behind alternicks: you are the lowest of the low.
Beta
ANGELS are the nicest persons of the forum.

Date of Birth: 30 Jul 2008
Profession: BOSS
Hobbies/Interests: EVERYTHING

Postby vincintjance » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:58 pm

JENNA TALACKOVA IN 2012 SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE FIRST EVER TRANSGENDER TO MISS UNIVERSE!
vincintjance

Real Life Name/Nick: vincint
Date of Birth: 26 Aug 1981
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: chemist
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing; TRAVELLING; RESEARCH

Postby Specialfx » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:15 pm

micoexpress5 wrote:If transwomen r allowed to join Miss U, I think drag queens should be allowed also. Let’s just break the rules and be more accepting, like allowing married women, little women, gays, women on their 40’s and beyond, voluptuous women like Ashley Graham, divorcee, women with children and much more. We should make a petition for Katelyn Jenner to join Miss USA and hopefully wins and be the USA’s representative for the 2019 Miss Universe. The crazier the merrier! ( the word crazier is use for laughter and not to demean people)

DAM RIGHT WELL SAID- LOVE IT! :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx AND :hx
Specialfx

Date of Birth: 18 Aug 1974
Profession: Photographer
Hobbies/Interests: Costume making, Photography and modeling
Message: I don't Belive in working hard in life, I work smart and still get the job done.

Postby koji » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:22 pm

micoexpress5 wrote:If transwomen r allowed to join Miss U, I think drag queens should be allowed also. Let’s just break the rules and be more accepting, like allowing married women, little women, gays, women on their 40’s and beyond, voluptuous women like Ashley Graham, divorcee, women with children and much more. We should make a petition for Katelyn Jenner to join Miss USA and hopefully wins and be the USA’s representative for the 2019 Miss Universe. The crazier the merrier! ( the word crazier is use for laughter and not to demean people)

Well said! Can I send my dog too? >:)
koji
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: joey
Date of Birth: 05 May 1989
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Farmer
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageant

Postby abid » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:33 pm

Bullseye!
abid

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1995
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: bartender
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: playing billiards, swimming

Postby Yna Magenta » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:14 pm

Oh please stop with this "trapped in a wrong body" alibi.

WE (gays) are all trapped in a wrong body! We just know how to differentiate reality and fantasy.

I'm pretty sure that most, if not all of us, will choose to become REAL woman if given a chance.

Just because a transwoman think and believe that HE is a REAL woman doesn't make HIM one!

Be rational, no amount of surgeries and therapies will change facts.

You cannot always get what you want, but at least you can make the best out of it. That's life for you.
Yna Magenta

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1991
Profession: Reyna
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: Umaura

Postby Yna Magenta » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:24 pm

For those women who still want to join Miss Universe, but already 28 years old and above.

Just tell IMG that you still think and feel like an 18 years old. They should believe you since we don't need facts anymore, just "feeling" and "thoughts".

#StopAgePhobia
Yna Magenta

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1991
Profession: Reyna
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: Umaura

Postby fortela » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:02 pm

abid wrote:

Bullseye!

in tagalog...baboyan na
fortela

Real Life Name/Nick: ninen
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: paralegal
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageants

Postby Jim_From_Boston » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:23 pm

I don’t think most people have expressed hatred, but they have shared their opinion that they feel Miss Universe should be research bed flr naturally born women. I happen to agree with them on this, but in no way do I hate the delegate frkn Soain. Tolerance needs to go both ways. Just because someone doesn’t agree with you doesn't mean you need to assail them into your line of thinking. We can have different opinions; not a problem.
Jim_From_Boston

Real Life Name/Nick: Jim
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1986
Profession: Banking
Hobbies/Interests: Softball, Tennis, Basketball and Relaxing

Postby Smile » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:05 am

Kiwi wrote:First of all, I'd like to extend a hearty congratulations to the new Miss Universe Spain, Angela Ponce! I was rooting for Andrea De Las Haras but at the end of the day, Angela will make history as the first transwoman to represent her country at Miss Universe! What an accomplishment.

And now to the issue at hand,

I'm not gonna mince words, there's been a lot of hatred and casual transphobia thrown around recently. A lot of it was seen during Miss Israel and now, especially with Angela earning the right to go to Miss Universe.

It's absolutely disgusting.

I've seen many people bandy around phrases like "I don't hate trans but she should join Miss Tiffany instead of Miss Universe". That's transphobic. Just like there are shades and degrees of racism and homophobia, from microaggressions to hate crimes, so it goes with transphobia. By saying this, you are literally othering another human being, making them seem less than because they were born in the wrong body. You have no idea how much pain and struggle and confusion transwomen go through to find the freedom to live their true identities. She is a woman, whether you like it or not. And even if you subscribe to the antiquated thinking that she was born of a different gender, she is a woman legally, and was allowed to compete and win her national pageant. No ifs and or buts about it.

So many people here engage in cheap, frankly insulting, humour in lieu of actual meaningful discussion and celebration of a step forward. MUO should be applauded in being a pioneer in bringing pageants to reflect the modern, advanced world we live in now, it should be applauded for combating bigotry with acceptance. And yet here, we see a cesspool of degrading opinions, mostly borne out of ignorance and fear.

So many are misgendering transwomen, and using the antiquated term transgender. It's not okay.
The world is evolving. Maybe you should too.

On a final note, let's play devil's advocate. So Angela competes at Miss Universe. What the f**k are you gonna do about it? Petitions? Maybe organize a protest even? At the end of the day, the narrative is against you. The Miss Universe organisation and the most prominent voices of the world will endorse this leap forward. Do you really think they're gonna take away her right to represent her country just because you're butthurt? In fact, the opposite will happen. They will get praised for building bridges instead of putting up walls. You will be on the wrong side of history. And your children's children will judge you for being bigoted.

At the end of the day, you'll still be watching Miss Universe on your shitty livestream being aggrieved by the fact that a transwoman will proudly represent her country and the future on that stage.

Probably the best post ever here on Misso. Thank you for posting that.
Smile
FASHION EXPERTS are STYLE specialists.

Date of Birth: 07 Dec 1982
Profession: Fashion Consultant
Hobbies/Interests: Stuff

Postby valleriam » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:10 am

I agree with your point of view.

Her beauty is not my cup of tea, but her frame and presence are impressive. She has all the goods to make it!
MY FINAL CHOICES FOR MISS UNIVERSE 2022:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1954551
valleriam
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 24 Jan 1988
Profession: HBIC
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty

Postby davidtbv » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:39 am

Trans woman are different from drag queens, try to educate first yourself and learn SOGIE

Trans woman are woman

Drag queens are men who like to dress like a woman for shows

davidtbv

Real Life Name/Nick: David
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1986
Profession: Model
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: watch tv, surf the net

Postby EbonyJenkins » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:01 am

micoexpress5 wrote:If transwomen r allowed to join Miss U, I think drag queens should be allowed also.

Drag queens don't identify themselves as women. Please read up on gender dysphoria, which is the reason why trans women decided to transition. Please EDUCATE yourself and RESEARCH before speaking, y'all just sound dumb at this point.
EbonyJenkins
SUPER SONICS are SPEEDIEST posters.
SUPER SONICS are SPEEDIEST posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: NhokShjn
Date of Birth: 19 Jan 1992
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Music

Postby pacifico falafoxy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:40 am

Maybe all countries should be represented by trans women, and let them all compete. No more real women!

That would be the end or destruction of Miss Universe.

Bye Miss Universe, it’s my early good bye.
pacifico falafoxy
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Fico
Date of Birth: 15 Oct 1994
Profession: Healthcare
Hobbies/Interests: Internet, travelling

Postby jhunz23 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:22 am

classification is not prejudice
if you are classified as trans
then you should not join an all female contest
trans can never be female
simple as that

if we allow this
then natural born women will be out of place specially in sports when all trans can compete with them and beat them because of natural born testosterone in their body!
jhunz23

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: teacher
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Postby ajsy0203 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:27 am

There is benefits but also consequences if a transgender will compete against natural born women at Miss Universe. Let's see the results.
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Profession: Office Staff
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby micoexpress5 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:35 am

davidtbv wrote:

Trans woman are different from drag queens, try to educate first yourself and learn SOGIE

Trans woman are woman

Drag queens are men who like to dress like a woman for shows

Try to understand English first. Did I say they r the same. Am offering a more accepting approach!
micoexpress5

Postby micoexpress5 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:37 am

NhokShjn wrote:
micoexpress5 wrote:If transwomen r allowed to join Miss U, I think drag queens should be allowed also.

Drag queens don't identify themselves as women. Please read up on gender dysphoria, which is the reason why trans women decided to transition. Please EDUCATE yourself and RESEARCH before speaking, y'all just sound dumb at this point.

Try to read n understand English first. Did I say drag queens n transwomen are the same.
micoexpress5

Postby Smile » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:46 am

micoexpress5 wrote:
NhokShjn wrote:

Try to read n understand English first. Did I say drag queens n transwomen are the same.

You're trying to be clever. You made an equivalency between transwomen and drag queens in your post. And I read and understand English perfectly well.
Smile

Postby Smile » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:51 am

Jim_From_Boston wrote:I don’t think most people have expressed hatred, but they have shared their opinion that they feel Miss Universe should be research bed flr naturally born women. I happen to agree with them on this, but in no way do I hate the delegate frkn Soain. Tolerance needs to go both ways. Just because someone doesn’t agree with you doesn't mean you need to assail them into your line of thinking. We can have different opinions; not a problem.

Tolerance can only go so far when you read such stupid comments on this board. One does not have to tolerate stupidity or blatant ignorance. If someone has a different view or opinion, that's fine, let's discuss and debate but I don't know how you can read the comments on this board and then preach tolerance.
Smile

Postby micoexpress5 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:57 am

Smile wrote:
micoexpress5 wrote:
NhokShjn wrote:

You're trying to be clever. You made an equivalency between transwomen and drag queens in your post. And I read and understand English perfectly well.

Reading and understanding are two different things. Maybe u should try to educate yourself.
micoexpress5

Postby Smile » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:04 am

micoexpress5 wrote:
Smile wrote:
micoexpress5 wrote:
NhokShjn wrote:

Reading and understanding are two different things. Maybe u should try to educate yourself.

:%))

I suggest you take your own advice. The other poster never claimed you said that drag queens and transwomen are the same. Read the post again.
Smile

Next

Return to Miss Universe