The Most Narcissistic Winner of 2017?

Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!

The Most Narcissistic Winner of 2017?

Postby Sapphire » Sat May 05, 2018 1:31 pm

Who is this "beauty" queen who won a pageant last year and instantly became the most bashed winner of all time?

Due to all the heavy bashings, she turned off the comments section on her instagram page where no one can comment at all... but later, turned it on oand only approves and shows the comments that compliments her.

As a public persona, should beauty queens be more open to criticism? Celebrities get bashed everyday but they take all haters head on, unfiltered.

is this narcissism? or just simply control over negativity?

Last edited by Sapphire on Sat May 05, 2018 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sapphire
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Ess
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1990
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Estudiante
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants

Re: The Most Narcissistic Winner of 2017?

Postby JorgeInternational » Sat May 05, 2018 1:55 pm

DIFFICULT QUESTION! :-@

In 2016 the absolute winner was Mariam Habach =;)) :%)) but in 2017 there were many options, for example Karen Ibasco?

Other option was Mexicana Universal Denisse Franco, came to Las Vegas very arrogant, as saying:
"Look at me, I'm the best".

in the end she was applauding... =D>

JorgeInternational
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.

Date of Birth: 25 Jul 1999
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Gossips Official Informant
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: rugby, kicking - Read detective stories

Postby amigofernandojose » Sat May 05, 2018 3:26 pm

Someone who will say that such a thing can be treated as narcissism is just too shallow. A social media account is a personal and private account and someone who made that account can do whatever he/she wants to do with it. Filtering messages or filtering who can view or post a comment to your social media account is your prerogative as the owner of your account for whatever reason may it be. For me, it must not be questioned and I don't see it as an issue. It's his/her right anyway, not to see things that he/she doesn't want to see. It can only be a different thing if the account is an official account of an organization that he/she is representing :)>- :)>- :)>-
I will never be a basher but I'm always a firm defender.
amigofernandojose
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 01 Feb 1980
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Educator
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: sports, music, laws
Message: I will never be a basher but I'm always a firm defender.

Postby bloomfield » Sat May 05, 2018 3:52 pm

Sapphire wrote:Who is this "beauty" queen who won a pageant last year and instantly became the most bashed winner of all time?

Due to all the heavy bashings, she turned off the comments section on her instagram page where no one can comment at all... but later, turned it on only for her friends, and only approves the comments that compliments her.

As a public persona, should beauty queens be more open to criticism? Celebrities get bashed everyday but they take all haters head on, unfiltered.

Well, for me, if you won a title, you expose yourself to the public, social media included So, expect the public to judge you, whether in a GOOD or BAD way. Unfortunately, some winners (if we talk about beauty pageants), are not so appealing and just pure ugly to SOME, that's when the BASHING starts ...... have we heard heavy bashings if the winners are BEAUTIFUL and WELL-DESERVED ?? NO. Have we heard heavy bashings when IRIS, DEMI, MEGAN won their titles ?? NO. It's simple as black and white, you just have to accept and swallow it instead of closing instagram for public comments !!!! What a guilty bitch !!!! =;))
bloomfield

Real Life Name/Nick: ton
Date of Birth: 21 Sep 1985
Sexual Orientation: Bicurious
Profession: pt
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: tennis, movies,driving

Postby The_saurus » Sat May 05, 2018 4:24 pm

nar·cis·sis·tic
ˌnärsəˈsistik/Submit
adjective
having an excessive or erotic interest in oneself and one's physical appearance.
"a narcissistic actress"
synonyms: vain, self-loving, self-admiring, self-absorbed, self-obsessed, conceited, self-centered, self-regarding, egotistic, egotistical, egoistic; informalfull of oneself
"she was never happy in the narcissistic life that her press agent and manager had crafted for her"
relating to narcissism.
"narcissistic personality disorder"

Just to be clear that you're using the correct definition of narcissistic.

Anyway, having the right to "regulate" your social media accounts doesn't make one narcissistic. By analogy, choosing who you wanna be friends with doesn't make you narcissistic. Weeding out bad/negative comments doesn't make one narcissistic, either. It's like choosing the words that could only empower and uplift you. That's more like self-preservation than narcissism.
-- DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS --

DEADMATOLOGY, the art of not giving a f*ck!

AS MUCH AS I WANT TO REPLY, YOU'RE JUST TOO LOW CLASS I CAN'T EVEN
The_saurus

Date of Birth: 05 Aug 1990
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Postby manoypoe » Sat May 05, 2018 5:02 pm

NARCISSISTIC IS THE WRONGEST TERM ONE CAN APPLY FOR FILTERING THE BASHINGS OR BAD COMMENTS IN THE QUEENS'S PERSONAL OR EVEN PUBLIC SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS.

OUT OF RESPECT FOR MYSELF, I WONT EVER GO TO THE QUEEN I DONT LIKE TO POST BAD COMMENTS IN HER SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS. THAT IS INSANITY. THE MILDER TERM IS STUPIDITY.
:%)) :%)) =;)) =;))
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby panchopolo » Sat May 05, 2018 5:08 pm

Sapphire wrote:Who is this "beauty" queen who won a pageant last year and instantly became the most bashed winner of all time?

Due to all the heavy bashings, she turned off the comments section on her instagram page where no one can comment at all... but later, turned it on only for her friends, and only approves the comments that compliments her.

She created her Instagram profile, not to be used as a cesspool, but as a platform for her daily journey as a beauty queen. There's absolutely nothing wrong with picking and choosing what appeals to her and what contributes to building her public image, especially since Instagram, as a photographic micro-blog, is increasingly becoming a commercial site that attracts advertisers. It has nothing to do with egotistic self-love, i.e., narcissism.
panchopolo

Date of Birth: 20 Dec 2012
Profession: Croquis and Maquette Maker
Hobbies/Interests: Providing arcane information on need-to-know basis
Message: Post messages that matter for posts that don’t matter

Postby Handsama » Sat May 05, 2018 5:45 pm

I have a different take on this. When a beauty Queen is forced to modify her social media accounts so she doesn’t subject herself to cyber bullying, it doesn’t reflect poorly on her. Instead, it reflects poorly on the sorry state that some pageant fans have become. Their vicious behavior online prevents other well meaning fans from interacting with the Queen which is unfortunate. So at the end of the day, we all lose. =O/
Handsama
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Profession: Secret

Postby missofan705 » Sat May 05, 2018 5:59 pm

You’re not stating if she’s an international winner.
But if she’s a national titleholder, I’m thinking of MARIEL DE LEON.
I’m a supporter, yes, but all the situations you stated perfectly described what happened to her last year. Harsh.

Well, if there’s one girl from 2017 that I really find narcissistic and truly annoying, I have to say, she competed in a big 5 pageant, and her face reminds me of Mocha Uson. I don’t know why I can’t stand that girl. Truly annoying. Good thing she didn’t went to Miss Universe. She looks too proud of herself but the truth is, she almost clapped.
PHILIPPINES! UNIVERSAL QUEENS!

MISS UNIVERSE 2015 - Pia Wurtzbach

MISS UNIVERSE 2018 - Catriona Gray
missofan705
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: Catriona Vanessa Ponce Gray
Date of Birth: 05 Jul 1985
Profession: Electronics Engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry, Science and Writing

Postby Sapphire » Sat May 05, 2018 6:22 pm

manoypoe wrote:NARCISSISTIC IS THE WRONGEST TERM ONE CAN APPLY FOR FILTERING THE BASHINGS OR BAD COMMENTS IN THE QUEENS'S PERSONAL OR EVEN PUBLIC SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS.

OUT OF RESPECT FOR MYSELF, I WONT EVER GO TO THE QUEEN I DONT LIKE TO POST BAD COMMENTS IN HER SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS. THAT IS INSANITY. THE MILDER TERM IS STUPIDITY.
:%)) :%)) =;)) =;))

What if she filters out all the comments that say she's ugly which is probably majority and only approves the ones that says she's beautiful and that's the only ones that people can see. Then is it kinda narcissistic? If she just turned off all comments then it wouldn't look like that at all.
Sapphire

Postby Sapphire » Sat May 05, 2018 6:24 pm

missofan705 wrote:

You’re not stating if she’s an international winner..

Ahaha I thought it was obvious. If you look at the main pageant winners last year and check to see who's pages you can comment on or not. There's your answer. Hindi si Mariel, you can't comment on hers at all.
Last edited by Sapphire on Sat May 05, 2018 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sapphire

Postby Sapphire » Sat May 05, 2018 6:25 pm

The_saurus wrote:nar·cis·sis·tic
ˌnärsəˈsistik/Submit
adjective
having an excessive or erotic interest in oneself and one's physical appearance.
"a narcissistic actress"
synonyms: vain, self-loving, self-admiring, self-absorbed, self-obsessed, conceited, self-centered, self-regarding, egotistic, egotistical, egoistic; informalfull of oneself
"she was never happy in the narcissistic life that her press agent and manager had crafted for her"
relating to narcissism.
"narcissistic personality disorder"

Just to be clear that you're using the correct definition of narcissistic.

Anyway, having the right to "regulate" your social media accounts doesn't make one narcissistic. By analogy, choosing who you wanna be friends with doesn't make you narcissistic. Weeding out bad/negative comments doesn't make one narcissistic, either. It's like choosing the words that could only empower and uplift you. That's more like self-preservation than narcissism.

Well if Im only approving and showing comments of people saying I'm beautiful when majority says I'm ugly... I feel like that kinda makes me narccistic lol. I might as well just turn it off for everyone.
Sapphire

Postby Handsama » Sat May 05, 2018 6:26 pm

I’m amazed at how some justify their mean spiritedness by claiming that a beauty Queen should just tough it out. She’s a human being too who hurts just like everyone else. If she’s misbehaving...by all means bash her. If she hasn’t done anything wrong, then why drag her into the mud just because her looks didn’t satisfy your beauty standard. That’s narrow-mindedness coupled with lack of empathy. And others see into that that’s why haters never win.
Handsama

Postby Stoichio » Sat May 05, 2018 6:42 pm

Handsama wrote:I’m amazed at how some justify their mean spiritedness by claiming that a beauty Queen should just tough it out. She’s a human being too who hurts just like everyone else. If she’s misbehaving...by all means bash her. If she hasn’t done anything wrong, then why drag her into the mud just because her looks didn’t satisfy your beauty standard. That’s narrow-mindedness coupled with lack of empathy. And others see into that that’s why haters never win.

Simply because she's supposed to be a 'BEAUTY' queen! A word that people understand so well in this industry.

Beauty is subjective, YES! And you have the right to say she's beautiful for whatever reason you have. But honey, telling others not to say their piece just because its negative or doesn't agree with you is TOTALLY WRONG!

Stoichio
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping

Postby Handsama » Sat May 05, 2018 6:53 pm

Stoichio wrote:
Handsama wrote:I’m amazed at how some justify their mean spiritedness by claiming that a beauty Queen should just tough it out. She’s a human being too who hurts just like everyone else. If she’s misbehaving...by all means bash her. If she hasn’t done anything wrong, then why drag her into the mud just because her looks didn’t satisfy your beauty standard. That’s narrow-mindedness coupled with lack of empathy. And others see into that that’s why haters never win.

Simply because she's supposed to be a 'BEAUTY' queen! A word that people understand so well in this industry.

Beauty is subjective, YES! And you have the right to say she's beautiful for whatever reason you have. But honey, telling others not to say their piece just because its negative or doesn't agree with you is TOTALLY WRONG!

Oh people can say she’s unattractive or that they don’t like how she looks or that they just don’t like her. That’s fine if that’s how they feel about her. But that’s not what I’m criticizing. It’s the extent of the name calling going on. Her being a beauty Queen doesn’t justify it. It’s too vicious and cruel. No one deserves such scorn...not you...not her...not I.
Handsama

Postby manoypoe » Sat May 05, 2018 8:02 pm

Handsama wrote:
Stoichio wrote:

Oh people can say she’s unattractive or that they don’t like how she looks or that they just don’t like her. That’s fine if that’s how they feel about her. But that’s not what I’m criticizing. It’s the extent of the name calling going on. Her being a beauty Queen doesn’t justify it. It’s too vicious and cruel. No one deserves such scorn...not you...not her...not I.

SOME FANS ARE ALREADY CROSSING THE LINE. THEIR SELF-ENTITLEMENT IS EATING THEM. THEY THOUGHT THAT THEY HAVE THE RIGHTS TO THREW OR SPEW THE HARSHEST WORDS TO THOSE THEY DONT LIKE. I WILL REALLY UNDERSTAND IF THERE IS MANIPULATION OR DAYLIGHT ROBBERY, BUT IF NONE, WHETHER WE LIKE THE WINNERS OR NOT, WE MUST ACCEPT IT.

ANYHOW, IT IS HOW THEY WANT TO LIVE THEIR SOCIAL MEDIA EXISTENCE, BUT SOONER OR LATER, WHATEVER THEY THROW WILL COME BACK TO THEM. WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND.
manoypoe

Postby kathrineskie » Sat May 05, 2018 8:30 pm

Regulating the comments section is common practice among public figures. I personally wouldn’t do it, but they have the right to do so once the comments cross the line of human decency.
kathrineskie

Real Life Name/Nick: Kathrine
Date of Birth: 04 Apr 1994
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: RA
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: Dancing

Postby bloomfield » Sat May 05, 2018 9:15 pm

This is what it is all about. If people are satisfied and they like what they see, do you think they will bash ?? NO. People bash because they think they see something that can be talked about. Again, if you're a BEAUTY QUEEN, or someone on the same category, you gave yourself up to the public, haters and bashers included, it's a GIVEN, now the way these people bash, whether bad, harsh, insulting, demeaning, is the name of the game. You can't stop them in what they're doing and what they intend to do ...... that's all !!!!
bloomfield

Postby Stoichio » Sat May 05, 2018 9:20 pm

Handsama wrote:
Stoichio wrote:

oh please BE CONSISTENT with your words! Don’t get it TWISTED!
Stoichio

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping

Postby timothy38 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:00 pm

bloomfield wrote:

Well, for me, if you won a title, you expose yourself to the public, social media included So, expect the public to judge you, whether in a GOOD or BAD way. Unfortunately, some winners (if we talk about beauty pageants), are not so appealing and just pure ugly to SOME, that's when the BASHING starts ...... have we heard heavy bashings if the winners are BEAUTIFUL and WELL-DESERVED ?? NO. Have we heard heavy bashings when IRIS, DEMI, MEGAN won their titles ?? NO. It's simple as black and white, you just have to accept and swallow it instead of closing instagram for public comments !!!! What a guilty bitch !!!! =;))

THIS is best answer for your POST!!!! Continue BASHING KAREN..Her Term is almost ENDING, YET SHE IS STILL mISS EARTH!!!!
Unread postby Handsama » Sat May 05, 2018 10:26 am
I’m amazed at how some justify their mean spiritedness by claiming that a beauty Queen should just tough it out. She’s a human being too who hurts just like everyone else. If she’s misbehaving...by all means bash her. If she hasn’t done anything wrong, then why drag her into the mud just because her looks didn’t satisfy your beauty standard. That’s narrow-mindedness coupled with lack of empathy. And others see into that that’s why haters never win.
timothy38

Real Life Name/Nick: timothy
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Bill Collector
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: sports, looking at beauties

Postby Sybarite » Sat May 05, 2018 10:47 pm

=c3 =c3 =c3
Sybarite

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1980
Profession: monk
Hobbies/Interests: anime

Postby Sybarite » Sat May 05, 2018 10:50 pm

:=p :=p

SOME FANS ARE ALREADY CROSSING THE LINE. THEIR SELF-ENTITLEMENT IS EATING THEM. THEY THOUGHT THAT THEY HAVE THE RIGHTS TO THREW OR SPEW THE HARSHEST WORDS TO THOSE THEY DONT LIKE. I WILL REALLY UNDERSTAND IF THERE IS MANIPULATION OR DAYLIGHT ROBBERY, BUT IF NONE, WHETHER WE LIKE THE WINNERS OR NOT, WE MUST ACCEPT IT.

ANYHOW, IT IS HOW THEY WANT TO LIVE THEIR SOCIAL MEDIA EXISTENCE, BUT SOONER OR LATER, WHATEVER THEY THROW WILL COME BACK TO THEM. WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND.
[/quote]
Sybarite

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1980
Profession: monk
Hobbies/Interests: anime

Postby Handsama » Sun May 06, 2018 12:48 am

Love conquers hate. :hx

Handsama

Postby formlessdiva » Sun May 06, 2018 3:01 am

Well ... its pretty much clear to who the TS is reffering to :-j

I cant blame her if she choose to filter her social media page!
formlessdiva
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Location: PSYCHOPATHS ARE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Real Life Name/Nick: PSYCHOPATHS ARE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date of Birth: 20 Feb 1991
Profession: PSYCHOPATHS ARE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: PSYCHOPATHS ARE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message: PSYCHOPATHS ARE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby manoypoe » Sun May 06, 2018 4:24 am

Handsama wrote:Love conquers hate. :hx

A POETIC SWEET FACE SLAPPING TO HER BASHERS. LOVE IT. =;)) =;))
Last edited by manoypoe on Sun May 06, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manoypoe

Postby krissynelli » Sun May 06, 2018 5:04 am

Stoichio wrote:

SA KANYANG CASE. DI NAG AAPLY SA KANYA ANG "BEAUTY IS SUBJECTIVE" OR "BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER" =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;))
YO SOY PUERTO RICO!... HALF PUERTO RICAN / HALF "KIKI" VENDOR
krissynelli
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: krissylicious
Date of Birth: 22 May 1978
Profession: MAQUILLAGE
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: DILDOING, CATFIGHTS, WITCHCRAFT AND SORCERY
Message: NAMASTE!!! APAKABAR!!! SAWASDEE!!! MABUHAY!!! OLAH!!! BONJOU!!! ALOHA!!!

Postby manoypoe » Sun May 06, 2018 5:15 am

IMAGINE THAT, SHE IS AWARDED FACE OF THE YEAR. HEAVEN REALLY KNOWS HOW TO VINDICATE GOOD AND BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE. =;)) :%))

MORAL OF THE STORY -BE GOOD, DO GOOD AND DONT MIND YOUR BASHERS AS LONG AS YOU DONT CHEAT, LIE OR BUY YOUR VICTORY. :-* :hx
Last edited by manoypoe on Sun May 06, 2018 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manoypoe

Postby brent520 » Sun May 06, 2018 9:11 am

Ang bobo ng threadstarter! Out of context ang pagkakagamit ng Narcissistic! Since when did blocking negativity become a narcissistic act? Ika nga ni Catriona, listen to people who have good intentions and who give you constructive feedback.

So what kung i block nya nega! Narcissistic kagad? Di ba pwedeng irrelevant ka lang kaya naka filter messages mo?

Boba!
brent520

Date of Birth: 20 May 2012
Profession: Bum
Hobbies/Interests: Studying, Working (is this even a hobby?)

Postby bloomfield » Sun May 06, 2018 1:44 pm

WHAT ?? She was awarded FACE OF THE YEAR ??? =;)) =;)) By WHO ??? A Filipino award-giving body ?. =;)) Well, maybe they awarded her this title to give her the consolation. She was heavily bashed to the abyss core, so to make her happy and make her feel pretty, they just awarded it to her ........ congrats KAREN, you are now BEAUTIFUL in the pinoys' eyes !!!! :=p =D>
bloomfield

Postby Sapphire » Sun May 06, 2018 3:27 pm

brent520 wrote:Ang bobo ng threadstarter! Out of context ang pagkakagamit ng Narcissistic! Since when did blocking negativity become a narcissistic act? Ika nga ni Catriona, listen to people who have good intentions and who give you constructive feedback.

So what kung i block nya nega! Narcissistic kagad? Di ba pwedeng irrelevant ka lang kaya naka filter messages mo?

Boba!

I Think you're the one who lacks comprehension. I said aside from blocking comments she's only approving the ones saying she's beautiful, making it seem like people only think she's beautiful
Sapphire

Next

Return to GENERAL