From Big F i v e to Big F o u r?

Re: From Big F i v e to Big F o u r?

Postby MrManila » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:50 am

For me, still Big 5. Universe, World, International and Earth. I have nothing against supra but it's too early to include them with the Big 5 pageants. All BIG 5 Pageant have proven their respective pageants and advocacy. While Supra.. hmmm yep, great production and show.. but what do they really do? What does the 'crowned' queen do during her reign? Though for me, in terms of 'advocacy, International will be the last one on the list. Miss Universe, MW and ME has a solid platform / program. w

MrManila
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Rhett Santillan
Date of Birth: 28 Sep 1988
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: artist
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: pageantry

Postby manoypoe » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:41 am

I THINK I HAVE READ THIS COMPLAINT 10 YEARS AGO? WHAT HAS HAPPENED? NOTHING. NADA. NONE. ZILCH. INSTEAD MISS EARTH IS SOARING HIGHER AND HIGHER, YEAR AFTER YEAR.

EVEN THE INTERNATIONAL PRESS CONSIDERS MISS EARTH AS THE BIG 3 PAGEANT. AND THE ONLY PAGEANT ASIDE FROM MISS UNIVERSE AND MISS WORLD WHOSE WINNERS ARE NOT APPOINTED. MISS EARTH HAS MORE NATIONAL PAGEANTS SPECIALLY HELD TO SELECT THEIR REPS FOR MISS EARTH THAN ANY OTHER PAGEANTS, AGAIN THAT IS ASIDE FROM MISS UNIVERSE AND MISS WORLD.

THE UNIQUENESS OF MISS EARTH, ITS TENACITY AND CONTINUED SUCCESS DESPITE THE CONTROVERSIES & BASHINGS OF A FEW BUT NOISY FAGS IN SOCIAL MEDIA AND HERE IN MISSO - ARE THE ENVY OF MANY. THEY WANT TO BRING IT DOWN TO TAKE ITS PLACE BUT NO WAY. THEY CAN TRY AND TRY UNTIL THEIR PAGEANTS DIE. :=p :=p =D> =D>
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby iamkenmotion » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:18 am

manoypoe wrote:I THINK I HAVE READ THIS COMPLAINT 10 YEARS AGO? WHAT HAS HAPPENED? NOTHING. NADA. NONE. ZILCH. INSTEAD MISS EARTH IS SOARING HIGHER AND HIGHER, YEAR AFTER YEAR.

EVEN THE INTERNATIONAL PRESS CONSIDERS MISS EARTH AS THE BIG 3 PAGEANT. AND THE ONLY PAGEANT ASIDE FROM MISS UNIVERSE AND MISS WORLD WHOSE WINNERS ARE NOT APPOINTED. MISS EARTH HAS MORE NATIONAL PAGEANTS SPECIALLY HELD TO SELECT THEIR REPS FOR MISS EARTH THAN ANY OTHER PAGEANTS, AGAIN THAT IS ASIDE FROM MISS UNIVERSE AND MISS WORLD.

THE UNIQUENESS OF MISS EARTH, ITS TENACITY AND CONTINUED SUCCESS DESPITE THE CONTROVERSIES & BASHINGS OF A FEW BUT NOISY FAGS IN SOCIAL MEDIA AND HERE IN MISSO - ARE THE ENVY OF MANY. THEY WANT TO BRING IT DOWN TO TAKE ITS PLACE BUT NO WAY. THEY CAN TRY AND TRY UNTIL THEIR PAGEANTS DIE. :=p :=p =D> =D>

How sure are you about the "FEW NOISY FAGS" ? Maybe its the other way around, "Few Noisy Supporter Fags"

iamkenmotion
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Date of Birth: 25 Jun 1989
Profession: law student
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: million interest

Postby iamkenmotion » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:21 am

mybadname wrote:
iamkenmotion wrote:
Im just thinking, what if Missosology demotes Miss Earth to a minor pageant and will only declare B I G F O U R ( Miss Universe, MW, MI , MS ) What will be your reaction?

Are you thinking or feeling bitter like the others? Miss Supranational over Miss Earth? You just made me fart lol! Miss Earth is even much better than Miss International and somehow much better than the cooking show Miss World!

why about me? im asking whats your reaction if Miss Earth will be removed from the list. COMPREHENSION PLEASE

iamkenmotion

Date of Birth: 25 Jun 1989
Profession: law student
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: million interest

Postby manoypoe » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:44 am

iamkenmotion wrote:
manoypoe wrote:I THINK I HAVE READ THIS COMPLAINT 10 YEARS AGO? WHAT HAS HAPPENED? NOTHING. NADA. NONE. ZILCH. INSTEAD MISS EARTH IS SOARING HIGHER AND HIGHER, YEAR AFTER YEAR.

How sure are you about the "FEW NOISY FAGS" ? Maybe its the other way around, "Few Noisy Supporter Fags"

HOW MANY NOISY FAGS ARE HERE? I CAN COUNT. BUT THOSE WHO ARE SILENTLY SUPPORTING MISS EARTH ARE MANY. :"> :-* =;)) =;)) IF THE NOISY FAGS HAVE POWER, MISS EARTH COULD HAVE BEEN DESTROYED MANY YEARS BACK. BUT BECAUSE OF COMBATIVE EARTHLINGS AND VERY SUPPORTIVE SILENT EARTHLINGS PLUS OF COURSE MISS EARTH'S RESILIENCY AND AS PERCEIVED BY MANY NDS AROUND THE WORLD AS THE 'REAL THING', MISS EARTH IS NOW THE NO. 3 PAGEANT IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD. IF YOU WANT TO PROTEST, YOU CAN CALL YOUR FELLOW NOISY FAGS TO DO IT DAY IN AND DAY OUT. =D> =D> =;)) =;))
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:55 am

Top 10 Miss Pageants of 2017
https://thepageantplanet.com/top-10-mis ... s-of-2017/

10. Miss Venezuela
The Miss Venezuela pageant crowns three titleholders for three of the big four pageants: Miss Universe, Miss World and Miss International. The organization has seen recent top finalist international pageant placements with its latest titleholders. Runners-up compete for the Miss Gwand International and Miss Supranational pageants. Thousands of potential contestants apply to compete in preliminary events for two months prior to the final show.

9. Miss World
The Miss World pageant is the oldest running international pageant. Since its founding 1951 in the United Kingdom, the pageant has crowned 69 international titleholders. Miss World is a great system for Miss contestants to showcase their abilities due to its various competition categories.

The pageant recently used fans’ votes for a new head-to-head competition to determine half of the Top 40 contestants. With non-traditional competition categories like the Multimedia Competition and the Beauty With a Purpose Competition, the Miss World pageant definitely stands out among the rest. (Read: Miss World Announces Social Media Will Decide Top 40)

8. Miss America
Despite having a few hiccups at the end of 2017, the Miss America Organization is a legend in American pageantry. Since its founding in 1921, the Miss America Organization has been one of the biggest providers of scholarships for young women today. Each year, Miss America contestants from across the country raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for the Children’s Miracle Network.

While being a true remainder of American history today, the Organization has undergone changes to stay relevant with the current trends. Miss America Organization Chairwoman Gretchen Carlson recently said that even more changes may be on the way for the organization. (Read: Miss America Board Releases New Changes to State Directors)

7. Miss Gwand International
The Miss Gwand International pageant is the only pageant with a mission to end violence and war throughout the world. The pageant aims to be the beginning of a better life for all and calls all of its contestants to advocate for awareness and education of the prevention of violence. This pageant is perfect for Miss contestants looking to make a real difference in the world through pageantry. The pageant is headquartered in Bangkok, Thailand, and recently crowned its fourth winner, Maria Jose Lora.

6. Miss International
The Miss International pageant was established as a corporation to promote “friendship and good relations with all nations.” The pageant was founded in 1960 in Long Beach, California, U.S.A. Miss International established the “Miss International Fund,” which donates money to underprivileged children around the world through Unicef and other charity institutions. Contestants also plant trees under the “Green Campaign” in an effort to protect the environment.

5. Miss Supranational
Another relatively young pageant with fast fame is the Miss Supranational pageant. The Miss Supranational pageant could be on this list for the prize package alone. The most recent telecast of the show was viewed by over 100 million people in 120 countries worldwide and saw the crowning of the eighth winner, Jenny Kim, who walked away with $30,000 in prize money. Talk about fame and fortune! Since its founding just eight years ago, the pageant has doubled its numbers and continues to gain support and popularity.

4. Binibining Pilipinas
Binibining Pilipinas is the Philippines’ pageant that crowns all national titleholders for the Miss Universe, Miss International, Miss Globe, Miss Intercontinental, Miss Gwand International and Miss Supranational. This Philippines pageantry powerhouse produced several international competition placements in 2017. Contestants from across the country compete for the opportunity to be part of this amazing program and represent their beloved country at an international pageant. (Read: Philippines Pageant Training Camp Graduates Win Miss International and Miss Earth in the Same Year)

3. Miss USA
The Miss USA pageant has been held every year since 1952 and selects the American representative for the Miss Universe pageant. The Miss USA pageant has produced eight Miss Universe winners in its history, which is more than any other country. Each Miss USA winner lives in the Miss USA apartment in New York City, New York, for her year of service with the Miss Universe Organization.

2. Miss Universe

The Miss Universe pageant took the top spot as the Best International Pageant of 2017. The organization was founded in 1952 by Pacific Knitting Mills. The 66th Miss Universe titleholder, Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters, was crowned in November 2017.

This pageant is perfect for Miss contestants looking to break into the modeling world. The winner instantly becomes represented by WME IMG, an international modeling agency, and stays in the Miss Universe apartment in New York City, New York, rent-free for her year of service. (Read: What Exactly Does Miss Universe Win?)

1. Miss Earth
Voted as number two on the Best International Pageants of 2017 list, the Miss Earth pageant takes the top spot as the Best Miss Pageant of 2017. Since its 2001 founding, this pageant has focused on environmentally conscious initiatives and crowned its 17th winner, Karen Ibasco, this year in Manila, Philippines.

The Miss Earth pageant is the only pageant to host an Eco-Fashion Design Competition where professional and non-professional fashion designers use recyclables, natural materials and organic materials to create eco-fashion outfits.

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:01 am

Top 10 International Pageants of 2017
https://thepageantplanet.com/top-10-int ... s-of-2017/

10. Global Elite Miss
The Global Elite Miss pageant, formerly Dream Girls USA, is an inclusive pageant system welcoming girls ages 0-100 from across the world. The system focuses on self-confidence, public speaking and community service. It prides itself on being a family-oriented pageant system, so if you’re looking for your next pageant, make sure you check out the Global Elite Miss pageant!

9. World’s Perfect Miss
The World’s Perfect pageant has seven divisions, including Preteen, Junior Teen, Teen, Miss, Woman, Classic Woman and Man. Contestants compete in Fashion Walk and Onstage Question, Swimwear Fashion and Formal Attire for the Junior Teen, Teen and Miss titles. Preteen, Woman and Classic Woman contestants compete in Fashion Walk and Onstage Question, Summer Fashion and Formal Attire. The prize package includes a cash prize, scholarship, photoshoots, a modeling contract and more!

8. International Cinderella Scholarship Program
The International Cinderella Scholarship Program, founded in 1976, has championed the need and value of higher education for women during its 40-year history. The pageant awards five international titles at its elaborate international pageant each year.

Its first international pageant had a production budget of $100,000 and set a new standard for youth pageant production worldwide. (Read: 6 Tips for Cinderella Pageant Interview You Must Know)

8. International Cinderella Scholarship Program
The International Cinderella Scholarship Program, founded in 1976, has championed the need and value of higher education for women during its 40-year history. The pageant awards five international titles at its elaborate international pageant each year.

Its first international pageant had a production budget of $100,000 and set a new standard for youth pageant production worldwide. (Read: 6 Tips for Cinderella Pageant Interview You Must Know)

6. Mrs. World
The Mrs. World pageant is considered the premiere pageant for married women with a focus on excellence, professionalism and the celebration of family values. The pageant recently crowned its winner, Alice Lee Giannetta from New York, at the 2017 pageant in South Africa.

5. Miss Supranational
Another relatively young pageant with fast fame is the Miss Supranational pageant. Since its founding in 2009 with just 40 contestants, the pageant has doubled its numbers and continues to gain support and popularity. The most recent telecast of the show was viewed by over 100 million people in 120 countries worldwide and saw the crowning of the 8th winner, Jenny Kim, who walked away with $30,000 in prize money.

4. Miss Gwand International
The Miss Gwand International pageant is one with a mission to stop war and violence against all. The pageant aims to be the beginning of a better life for all and calls all of its contestants to advocate for awareness and education of the prevention of violence. The pageant is headquartered in Bangkok, Thailand, and was founded in 2013. The pageant recently crowned its 4th winner, Maria Jose Lora.

3. Miss World
It comes as no surprise that the Miss World pageant is ranked among the best international pageants as it is the oldest running international pageant. Since its founding 1951 in the United Kingdom, the pageant has crowned 69 international titleholders.

The pageant recently used fans’ votes for a new head-to-head competition to determine half of the Top 40 contestants. With non-traditional competition categories like the Multimedia Competition and the Beauty With a Purpose Competition, the Miss World pageant definitely stands out among the rest. (Read: Miss World Announces Social Media Will Decide Top 40)

2. Miss Earth
The Miss Earth pageant is still a relatively young pageant system but gained popularity rapidly since its founding in 2001. This pageant is focused on environmentally conscious initiatives and crowned its 17th winner, Karen Ibasco, this year in Manila, Philippines.

The Miss Earth pageant is the only pageant to host an Eco-Fashion Design Competition where professional and non-professional fashion designers use recyclables, natural materials and organic materials to create eco-fashion outfits.

1. Miss Universe
The Miss Universe pageant was founded in 1952 by Pacific Knitting Mills. The 66th Miss Universe titleholder, Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters, was crowned in November 2017. Miss Universe is the top-ranked international pageant for many reasons, among them being the prize package.

The winner instantly becomes represented by WME IMG, an international modeling agency, and stays in the Miss Universe apartment in New York City, New York, rent-free for her year of service. (Read: What Exactly Does Miss Universe Win?)
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:05 am

Handsama wrote:

2017 was another amazing year for #MissEarth! Thank you Earthlings for making us one of the most talked about topics on Facebook, a top trending topic worldwide on Twitter, one of the most talked about topics on Instagram, number one trending worldwide on YouTube; plus a full capacity coronation show audience and millions of live TV viewers worldwide!
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:24 am

THE BEST OPENING NUMBER EVER OF ANY PAGEANT SO FAR FOR ME. I STILL HAVE GOOSEBUMPS EVERYTIME I VIEW THIS. THE OTHER ONE IS IN 2011 WHEN OLGA ALAVA WON. :=p :=p =D> =D>

manoypoe

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:33 pm

Let’s be real. Who cares about Miss Earth aside from some hardworking Earthlings. One hardworking Earthling can post and create threads as much as 100 fans of Miss Universe and Miss World. The Miss Earth threads are always crowded. But if you notice, you will see only Pinoys are active in Miss Earth threads. On the other hand, there are fans from multiple countries posting in Miss Universe and Miss World threads. Plus, Miss Earth winners do not do much during their reigns nor raise a single penny for the cause of protecting the environment. What irritates people is that Miss Earth’s fans keep saying Miss Earth has the best reign every year (obviously not true) and try to shove it down people’s throats. In conclusion, Miss Earth is just a minor pageant. Outside this forum, nobody cares about Miss Earth :)>-

Jonathan Nguyen
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jonathan Nguyen
Date of Birth: 10 Aug 1997
Profession: Software Developer
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe and Miss World

Postby Handsama » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:08 pm

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:Let’s be real. Who cares about Miss Earth aside from some hardworking Earthlings. One hardworking Earthling can post and create threads as much as 100 fans of Miss Universe and Miss World. The Miss Earth threads are always crowded. But if you notice, you will see only Pinoys are active in Miss Earth threads. On the other hand, there are fans from multiple countries posting in Miss Universe and Miss World threads. Plus, Miss Earth winners do not do much during their reigns nor raise a single penny for the cause of protecting the environment. What irritates people is that Miss Earth’s fans keep saying Miss Earth has the best reign every year (obviously not true) and try to shove it down people’s throats. In conclusion, Miss Earth is just a minor pageant. Outside this forum, nobody cares about Miss Earth :)>-

I see you’re still obsessing about us. :%))

You should just join us. We’re a pretty welcoming bunch, you know. And you don’t have to give up your love for Miss World. In case you haven’t noticed, there are a couple of people who turned their backs on us this year. Ever heard of the proverb “a bad apple spoils the bunch”? Well...I’m glad those few bad apples are gone from within our midst. I guess we can thank Karen for allowing us to see the ‘real people’ behind the facade. :%)) So we’re in search of new friends and you can be one of them. What say you? 8->

Oh...and I do appreciate the compliment. ;,)
Handsama

Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Profession: Secret
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Postby renegade » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:34 pm

A - Miss Universe

B - Miss World, Misd International

C - Earth, Suprational, Grand
"OUT OF THE ABUNDANCE OF THE HEART THE MOUTH SPEAKS..." ---MATTHEW 12:34

IF LOVE IS YOUR WEAKNESS, THEN YOU ARE THE STRONGEST PERSON IN THE WORLD...
renegade
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 08 Aug 1988
Profession: full-time lover
Hobbies/Interests: ANYTHING UNDER THE SUN FOR AS LONG AS I'M WITH U..

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:24 pm

Handsama wrote:
Jonathan Nguyen wrote:Let’s be real. Who cares about Miss Earth aside from some hardworking Earthlings. One hardworking Earthling can post and create threads as much as 100 fans of Miss Universe and Miss World. The Miss Earth threads are always crowded. But if you notice, you will see only Pinoys are active in Miss Earth threads. On the other hand, there are fans from multiple countries posting in Miss Universe and Miss World threads. Plus, Miss Earth winners do not do much during their reigns nor raise a single penny for the cause of protecting the environment. What irritates people is that Miss Earth’s fans keep saying Miss Earth has the best reign every year (obviously not true) and try to shove it down people’s throats. In conclusion, Miss Earth is just a minor pageant. Outside this forum, nobody cares about Miss Earth :)>-

You should just join us. We’re a pretty welcoming bunch, you know. And you don’t have to give up your love for Miss World. In case you haven’t noticed, there are a couple of people who turned their backs on us this year. Ever heard of the proverb “a bad apple spoils the bunch”? Well...I’m glad those few bad apples are gone from within our midst. I guess we can thank Karen for allowing us to see the ‘real people’ behind the facade. :%)) So we’re in search of new friends and you can be one of them. What say you? 8->

Yes I love Miss World, but i refuse to comprehend what is beyond my belief. I have called Julia out so many times for killing the swimsuit fast track as well as removing the beauty pageant values from the final show. Even the big Miss World supporters such as the critic, chello, obaa lizzie, ... also criticize Miss World. That is true love. On the other hand, your love for Miss Earth has become the unconditional indulgence that blinds your eyes. You see nothing but the pink color only :)>-

Jonathan Nguyen

Postby manoypoe » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:47 pm

https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php? ... 20pageants

India's Big Four titleholders

India won its first Big Four major international pageant title when Reita Faria from India bagged the Miss World 1966 title becoming the first Asian to win. In 1994, Sushmita Sen won Miss Universe. In the same year, Aishwarya Rai added to the winning streak, picking up the Miss World 1994 title. Diana Hayden then won the Miss World title in 1997. ] Actor and model Yukta Mookhey was later crowned Miss World 1999.[

Six years after Sushmita Sen’s win, three Indians made a total sweep in 2000: Lara Dutta, Priyanka Chopra and Dia Mirza went on to win Miss Universe, Miss World and Miss Asia Pacific International (predecessor of Miss Earth pageant) titles respectively.[9][10]

In 2010, Nicole Faria from Bangalore became the first Indian woman to win the Miss Earth pageant and in 2017, Manushi Chhillar won the Miss World 2017 title.

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:50 pm

Belarus To Debut in Miss Earth 2017 – And Contestant’s Name Will Knock You Out!
8 Months Ago

Miss Earth is one of the biggest beauty contests along with Miss Universe, Miss World and Miss International. About 80 girls participate in the contest annually.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:52 pm

CLICK TO PLAY
[youtube]KX8Ib1hH0Cs[/youtube]
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:56 pm

https://www.rappler.com/life-and-style/ ... -of-beauty

Big 5: The 'Olympics of beauty'
What you need to know about the 'Big 5' beauty pageants

MANILA, Philippines - For most people, Miss Universe, Miss World, Miss International and Miss Earth are all just beauty pageants.

But pageant enthusiasts call them the Big 5, or the most coveted titles for beauty queens.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:58 pm

"CHANGE IT OR JUST LEAVE"
China’s latest censorship battlefield is global beauty pageants
https://qz.com/558141/a-taiwanese-conte ... onal-sash/

The organizers of a Miss Earth beauty pageant in Austria have refused to allow its Taiwanese contestant on stage or to be photographed by the press, after she refused to wear a sash bearing “Chinese Taipei,” according to an online post written by the contestant.

Ting Wen-yin, 22, wrote that she had brought a sash bearing “Taiwan ROC,” but was handed an alternative, which read “Chinese Taipei.” After several protests, she was told to wear the new one or “just leave” (link in Chinese).

“I told them 30,000 times that Taiwan is Taiwan,” wrote Ting Wen-yin, 22, on her Facebook profile on Nov. 22. “I was born in Taiwan, my sash reads Taiwan, I represent Taiwan.”

Instead, the organizers barred her from appearing on stage and prevented photographers from taking her picture, Ting wrote, adding: “They responded by saying Taiwan never enters competitions under the name “Taiwan,” only under Taipei.” Quartz has contacted the organizers of the event and will update this story if they respond.

Mainland China does not recognize Taiwan as a state, and in 1979 China and Taiwan agreed that Taiwan could enter international games such as the Olympics registered as “Chinese Taipei”—Taipei being the capital of Taiwan—in order to defuse the political connotations of entering as the nation of Taiwan.

This is not the first time that the politics of mainland China and Taiwan have reared their head in international beauty pageants. Last week, Anastasia Lin, the winner of Miss Canada, said that she has not received an invitation to go to China to compete in a Miss World competition scheduled for December.

Lin has been featured in films supporting Falun Gong, a spiritual group banned in China, and has testified to the US Congress about China’s abuse of its practitioners. Lin, who was born in China and whose father still lives there, says that her father has been contacted by China’s security forces.

“Dad’s really scared,” she told the BBC. “He doesn’t really dare to talk to me as he worries his phone is tapped. He doesn’t speak his mind anymore.”

Miss Earth is one of the “big four” global beauty pageants, alongside Miss World, Miss International, and Miss Universe. The competition highlights environmental issues, and the annual winners are expected to spend a year delivering talks to schools and other organizations as the spokesperson for the Miss Earth Foundation, the competition’s humanitarian nonprofit arm. That organization has worked on projects with other well-known institutions, including Greenpeace.

But such politicking threatens to derail any positive spin Miss Earth has so far generated around its beauty pageant. It is also unclear why a beauty pageant concerned about the environment would apparently pander to mainland Chinese sensitivities concerning the definition of Taiwan.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:01 pm

All Winners of Miss Earth Competition
Подробнее: http://beauty-around.com/en/memory-page ... miss-earth

Miss Earth is an annual international beauty pageant promoting environmental awareness. Along with Miss Universe and Miss World contests, Miss Earth is one of the three largest beauty pageants in the world in terms of the number of national-level competitions to participate in the world finals and one of the most publicized beauty contests in the world. Miss Earth is part of the Big Four international beauty pageants. The winner of the pageant is bestowed the title Miss Earth; her runners-up are also given titles named after the other classical elements: Miss Fire (equivalent to third runner-up), Miss Water (second runner-up), and Miss Air (first runner-up), however, starting 2010 the runners up or the “elemental titles” (Air, Water and Fire) are of equal importance and thus have the same ranking. Miss Earth is the only one of the "Big Four" pageants which have individual titles for the runners-up. All the time the contest took place in the Philippines and only once in 2010 in Vietnam. The following competition "Miss Earth 2014" - will take place on December on Philippines. Further all winners are presented of the competition "Miss Earth"

Подробнее: http://beauty-around.com/en/memory-page ... miss-earth

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:04 pm

Vienna to host Miss Earth pageant

For the first time in its 14-year history, the Miss Earth beauty pageant will bring its message of environmental awareness to Europe with a contest in Vienna.

The pageant, which was established in the Philippines, is one of the three largest beauty pageants in the world, along with Miss World and Miss Universe.

Based on a core principle of educating young people about environmental and humanitarian causes, the pageant includes traditional beauty contest aspects, such as swimsuit and ball gown competitions.

Contestants however are also judged on their involvement in and ability to communicate the importance of the global environment, working closely with the United Nations Environment Program.

Those who participate in the pageant are involved with humanitarian and environmental causes. The pageant winner is expected to be involved in international projects, which are also promoted during the pageant's broadcast. The delegates also take part in tree planting ceremonies, environmental and cultural immersion programs, sponsor visits and tours.

This year, the pageant will be held at the Marx Halle on December 5th. Austria's contestant is Sophie Totzauer. The show is expected to be particularly popular with the Filipino community in Vienna, as the incumbent Miss Earth 2014 is Jamie Herrell from the Philippines.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:07 pm

http://www.miss-ocean.com/International ... iverse.htm

SOME FAMOUS BEAUTY CONTESTS

MISS UNIVERSE
Miss Universe is an annual international beauty pageant that is run by The Miss Universe Organization. Miss Universe and Miss USA are among the most recognized beauty pageants. The pageant was founded in 1952 by the California clothing company Pacific Mills, and is owned, along with Miss USA, by Donald Trump.

In 1998, Miss Universe, Inc., changed its name to the The Miss Universe Organization, and moved its headquarters from Los Angeles, California, to New York City in 1999. In 1998, the logo of Miss Universe – "the woman with stars" – was created, representing the beauty and responsibility of women around the Universe.

The current Miss Universe is Paulina Vega of Colombia who was crowned on 25 January 2015 in Doral, Florida, USA. Traditionally, Miss Universe lives in New York City during her reign.

MISS WORLD
The Miss World pageant is the oldest surviving major international beauty pageant. It was created in the United Kingdom by Eric Morley in 1951. Since his death in 2000, Morley's widow, Julia Morley, has co-chaired the pageant. Alongside its traditional rival, the Miss Universe contest, Miss World pageant is one of the two most recognized and publicized beauty contests in the world, and also boasts the largest number of participating countries.

The current Miss World is Rolene Strauss of South Africa who was crowned on 14 December 2014 in London, United Kingdom. Traditionally, Miss World lives in London during her reign.

MISS EARTH
Miss Earth is an annual international beauty pageant promoting environmental awareness. Along with its rivals Miss Universe and Miss World, Miss Earth is one of the three largest beauty pageants in the world in terms of the number of national-level competitions to participate in the world finals and one of the most publicized beauty contests in the world. The reigning titleholders dedicate their year to promote specific projects and often address issues concerning the environment and other global issues through school tours, tree planting activities, street campaigns, coastal clean ups, speaking engagements, shopping mall tours, media guesting, environmental fair, storytelling programs, eco-fashion shows, and other environmental activities.

The Miss Earth winner is the spokesperson for the Miss Earth Foundation, the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and other environmental organizations. The Miss Earth Foundation also works with the environmental departments and ministries of participating countries, various private sectors and corporations, as well as Greenpeace and the World Wildlife Foundation (WWF).

Miss Earth is part of the Big Four international beauty pageants. The current Miss Earth is Jamie Herrell of the Philippines who was crowned on November 29, 2014. Traditionally, Miss Earth lives in Manila during her reign.

MISS INTERNATIONAL
Miss International (Miss International Beauty or The International Beauty Pageant) is an annual international beauty pageant held since 1960. Miss International is one of the largest beauty pageants in the world after Miss World, Miss Universe and Miss Earth contests in terms of the number of national-level competitions to participate in the world finals and one of the most publicized beauty contests in the world.

Miss International is part of the Big Four international beauty pageants. The current Miss International is Valerie Hernandez of Puerto Rico who was crowned on November 11, 2014 in Tokyo, Japan. Traditionally, Miss International lives in Tokyo during her reign.
manoypoe

Postby Handsama » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:09 pm

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:
Handsama wrote:

Yes I love Miss World, but i refuse to comprehend what is beyond my belief. I have called Julia out so many times for killing the swimsuit fast track as well as removing the beauty pageant values from the final show. Even the big Miss World supporters such as the critic, chello, obaa lizzie, ... also criticize Miss World. That is true love. On the other hand, your love for Miss Earth has become the unconditional indulgence that blinds your eyes. You see nothing but the pink color only :)>-

Owww...I extend you an olive branch and you insult me. :%((

I’m pretty secure with who I am so I don’t usually find the need to explain myself to someone like you. But I’ll indulge you this one time. The mistake that most traditional Miss Universe and MW fans usually make is that they tend to bend Miss Earth to fit the mold of their favorite pageants. They try to judge it with narrowed lens. But in case you haven’t realized yet, Miss Earth is a totally different ballgame. And it was my introduction to the world of pageantry when I came across it by accident in 2011. So I learned to accept it for what it is. Is it perfect? Certainly not by any means. But it fulfilled my expectations with its unabashed focus on the environment. Plus I’m thoroughly entertained by it and I’ve gained a lot of friends here as a result. And the progressive that I am, I like that it marches to its own drumbeat and that it continues to challenge the norm.

So call me blinded...call me a fanatic...but I just choose to look at Miss Earth from a different perspective...a perspective marked by optimism rather than by negativism...devoid of nitpicking.

So when are you officially joining us? :-*
Handsama

Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Profession: Secret
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Postby manoypoe » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:10 pm

Miss Spain Mireia Lalaguna Royo crowned Miss World 2015

SANYA, Hainan, Dec.20 (Xinhua) -- The finale of the 2015 Miss World contest came to a conclusion with Miss Spain Mireia Lalaguna Royo claiming the crown in Sanya, a coastal resort city in south China's Hainan Province.

Mireia, a 23-year-old medical college student and a pianist from Barcelona, obtained the title after beating 113 other contestants from around the world. Miss Russia Sofia Nikitchuk finished the runner-up and Miss Indonesia Maria Harfanti ranked the third.

This was 65th Miss World contest and the seventh held in China.

The Miss World pageant, created in the Britain by Eric Morley in 1951, is the oldest surviving major international beauty contest.

It is one of the three most publicized beauty contests in the world, alongside the Miss Universe and Miss Earth contests.

= SEE STUPID AND STUBBORN FAGS READ... THE REPORT IS ABOUT MISS WORLD WINNER, STILL MISS EARTH IS MENTIONED. MY GOODNESS, ENOUGH OF THIS STUPIDITY. BUT IT IS OKAY IF YOU WISH TO GO ON.. =;)) =;))
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:14 pm

Why The Philippines Dominates World Beauty Pageants
Katrina Escalona
Updated: 27 April 2018

https://theculturetrip.com/asia/philipp ... -pageants/

While other countries religiously support events like the Super Bowl and the World Cup, Filipinos are devoted to a different kind of competition — the beauty pageant. Despite its appeal fading nearly everywhere else, Filipinos remain devoted to the art of pageantry. And with the country’s “beauty queens” raking in international awards left and right, The Philippines is as seasoned a candidate as a nation can get.

Every year, Filipinos the world over huddle together to watch the glitz and sparkle of the Miss Universe competition. In an annual countdown, the three other major international pageants (Miss Earth, Miss International and Miss World) precede the main event – the Golden Globes to the Oscars. Together, these grand events make up what is known as the “Big Four” of beauty pageants, in which the Philippines holds several titles. Throughout history, the country has garnered the top crown a total of 14 times: four for Miss Earth, six for Miss International, one for Miss World, and three glorious coronations on the Miss Universe stage.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:16 pm

November 19th 2017 6.6K Shares
Indian Medical Student Manushi Chhillar Has Been Crowned Miss World 2017
Chris Ogden in

http://www.ladbible.com/news/celebrity- ... d-20171119

Beauty pageants often look a weird relic of a bygone age now the world is moving against judging women entirely on their appearance. However, some women still seem to be profiting from their looks very well indeed.

Indian medical student Manushi Chhillar has been crowned Miss World after a star-studded event in China yesterday, tying India with Venezuela as the joint-most successful nation in the pageant's 67-year history.

Miss World is the world's oldest beauty pageant and was created by the British TV host Eric Morley. Along with Miss Universe, Miss Earth and Miss International, it is considered to be one of the Big Four beauty pageants.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:22 pm

https://www.timesofisrael.com/miss-eart ... palestine/

Miss Earth pulls for Palestine
The annual beauty contest plans on a Palestinian delegate in 2015

It looks like the Miss Earth pageant will be the first beauty contest to recognize Palestine as an independent country.

The change in delegations was confirmed by Astrud Schuck, the brand manager for Miss Earth, after first reported by Xnet, the lifestyle section of newspaper Ynet.

The winner of Miss Earth, considered part of the Big Four international beauty pageants — Miss World, Miss Universe and Miss International are the other three — becomes the spokesperson for the Miss Earth Foundation and the United Nations Environment Programme.

manoypoe

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:24 pm

Handsama wrote:
Jonathan Nguyen wrote:
Handsama wrote:

No thanks. I don’t want to be brainwashed. I appreciate your nice invitation tho :-*

Jonathan Nguyen

Postby manoypoe » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:31 pm

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:
Handsama wrote:
Jonathan Nguyen wrote:
Handsama wrote:

No thanks. I don’t want to be brainwashed. I appreciate your nice invitation tho :-*

NOBODY IS BRAINWASHING ANYBODY IN MISS EARTH. WE DONT DO THAT. LOOK AT THE FEW FORMER SHALLOW-MINDED EARTHLINGS, THEY'RE THE BIGGEST BASHERS NOW. =;)) =;)) BUT WE CAN CLEANSE YOUR MIND FULL OF PRIDE AND PREJUDICE. :-* :-* :%)) :%))

YET I AM GLAD THAT YOU DECLINED HANDSAMA'S FRIENDLY OFFER COZ IF YOU ACCEPTED THAT'S THE TIME I WOULD BE LEAVING MISSO. I DONT WANT TO BE ASSCOCIATED WITH YOUR BIGOTRY. [-X [-X =;)) =;))
manoypoe

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:21 pm

manoypoe wrote:
Jonathan Nguyen wrote:
Handsama wrote:
Jonathan Nguyen wrote:
Handsama wrote:

NOBODY IS BRAINWASHING ANYBODY IN MISS EARTH. WE DONT DO THAT. LOOK AT THE FEW FORMER SHALLOW-MINDED EARTHLINGS, THEY'RE THE BIGGEST BASHERS NOW. =;)) =;)) BUT WE CAN CLEANSE YOUR MIND FULL OF PRIDE AND PREJUDICE. :-* :-* :%)) :%))

YET I AM GLAD THAT YOU DECLINED HANDSAMA'S FRIENDLY OFFER COZ IF YOU ACCEPTED THAT'S THE TIME I WOULD BE LEAVING MISSO. I DONT WANT TO BE ASSCOCIATED WITH YOUR BIGOTRY. [-X [-X =;)) =;))

Would leave Misso because of me? Good to know i am that important to you :"> Btw, the one having bigotry is you, not me :)>-

Jonathan Nguyen

Postby mrgary » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:27 pm

If Missosology decided to demote Miss Earth and replaced it with Miss Supranational in "The Big Four", then I wouldn't hold it against the administrators of this forum. It is their opinion and they are entitled to it; however, I will still continue to consider Miss Earth as part of my own "Big Four" because it is one of the few pageants in the industry that makes me excited as a fan.
mrgary
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 15 May 1969
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Businessman
Hobbies/Interests: Piano-playing, Blogging, Traveling

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Earth