PRIZES for Miss USA & Miss America

Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!

PRIZES for Miss USA & Miss America

Postby jhunz23 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:00 am

If given a chance ...Would you rather join Miss USA or Miss America? Here are their prizes....

-----------------Miss USA Prizes-------------

Along with holding the Miss USA title for an entire year, let's just say the swag bag is looking lit for 2017. Working for The Miss Universe Organization, Miss USA 2017 will receive:

Awesome travel experiences
Trendy personal appearance wardrobe
Once in a lifetime chance to represent the country at the Miss Universe pageant
Lavish, luxury apartment in New York City, with all expenses taken care of
Things are certainly looking bright for the leading lady.

According to Bustle, these were the prizes Miss USA 2016 was awarded:

“Luxury accommodations” in the Big Apple
Personal stylist and *chic AF* wardrobe
Presents based on Miss USA's sponsors. Last year, the brands consisted of Chinese Laundry, CHI and Image Skincare.
Scholarship to film school
Fitness, nail and hair services all taken care of
Complimentary travel services
PR and talent representation
Professional pictures taken by Miss Universe and Miss USA photographer Fadil Berisha.

-----------Miss America Prizes-----------

It's that time of the year again to wonder what does Miss America 2018 win? Well, besides her majestically sparkly crown, of course! According to The Miss America Organization's Office & Public Relations Coordinator Chelsea Mineur, the main Miss America grand prize is a hefty $50,000 scholarship — which will certainly go a long way when it comes to opening doors for one lucky lady. But, she's not the only one going home a winner. The first runner-up nabs a $25,000 scholarship, the second runner-up $20,000, the third runner-up $15,000, and the fourth runner-up $10,000 — suffice it to say, the top five definitely do more than alright.

But, the $50,000 scholarship is only the tip of the iceberg where the newly crowned Miss America is concerned — you see, the full prize package usually includes even more great stuff. During last year's pageant, it was announced that the winner would also take home "a six-figure salary and expenses during her reign," and Mineur confirmed that Miss America 2018 will also be earning such a salary. Of course, that's to be paid out over the course of a year, so it's not exactly not a lump sum of prize money — but it's still nothing to sneeze at, especially if you factor in however much the expenses add up to.

Suffice it to say, it's quite the hefty prize. Of course, not to be corny, but the true prize is the pride and responsibility that comes with the Miss America title (not to mention that aforementioned sparkly, sparkly crown), but some extra funds don't hurt a bit — especially when they go towards education, the way Miss America's scholarships do. It's important to remember that, in addition to all the pageantry, Miss America is all about forwarding women's education and helping others.

Oh, and here's something you might not know: Every single contestant in the Miss America pageant actually wins a scholarship. Of course, the scholarships all vary in size depending on the particular contestant's placement, but altogether it amounts to a substantial $302,000 in scholarship money awarded during the competition. After the runners-up, the ten semi-finalists will all respectively be awarded scholarships between $4,000 and $8,000, and the remaining 36 competitors all get a base scholarship of $3,000.

Each contestant is also eligible for bonus scholarships, should they place in competition areas such as the Lifestyle and Fitness in Swimsuit portion, or of course, the Talent portion. Miss Congeniality also takes home an extra $2,000, which is a nice little cherry on top. Here's the full breakdown, in case you're interested:
But, the $50,000 scholarship is only the tip of the iceberg where the newly crowned Miss America is concerned — you see, the full prize package usually includes even more great stuff. During last year's pageant, it was announced that the winner would also take home "a six-figure salary and expenses during her reign," and Mineur confirmed that Miss America 2018 will also be earning such a salary. Of course, that's to be paid out over the course of a year, so it's not exactly not a lump sum of prize money — but it's still nothing to sneeze at, especially if you factor in however much the expenses add up to.

Semi-Finalists 6 and 7 — $8,000 each
Semi-Finalists 8 through 10 — $7,000 each
Semi-Finalists 11 and 12 — $5,000 each
Semi-Finalists 13 through 15 — $4,000 each
Contestants 16 through 51 — $3,000 each
3 Preliminary Talent Winners — $2,000 each
3 Preliminary Lifestyle & Fitness in Swimsuit Winners — $1,000 each
4 Non-Finalist Talent — $1,000 each
Miss Congeniality — $2,000

So, when it comes right down to it, it sure is nice knowing that even the women who don't place in the pageant still take some material gains away from the competition (along with the exposure and invaluable experience, of course). So, in a small way, everyone is a winner on Sunday night — and that makes watching even more fun.

Sources:
http://elitedaily.com/entertainment/201 ... s/1912201/
https://www.bustle.com/p/what-does-miss ... efty-81393

jhunz23
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: teacher
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Re: PRIZES for Miss USA & Miss America

Postby yellowyam1 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:45 am

jhunz23 wrote:
If given a chance ...Would you rather join Miss USA or Miss America? Here are their prizes....

-----------------Miss USA Prizes-------------

Along with holding the Miss USA title for an entire year, let's just say the swag bag is looking lit for 2017. Working for The Miss Universe Organization, Miss USA 2017 will receive:

Awesome travel experiences
Trendy personal appearance wardrobe
Once in a lifetime chance to represent the country at the Miss Universe pageant
Lavish, luxury apartment in New York City, with all expenses taken care of
Things are certainly looking bright for the leading lady.

According to Bustle, these were the prizes Miss USA 2016 was awarded:

“Luxury accommodations” in the Big Apple
Personal stylist and *chic AF* wardrobe
Presents based on Miss USA's sponsors. Last year, the brands consisted of Chinese Laundry, CHI and Image Skincare.
Scholarship to film school
Fitness, nail and hair services all taken care of
Complimentary travel services
PR and talent representation
Professional pictures taken by Miss Universe and Miss USA photographer Fadil Berisha.

-----------Miss America Prizes-----------

It's that time of the year again to wonder what does Miss America 2018 win? Well, besides her majestically sparkly crown, of course! According to The Miss America Organization's Office & Public Relations Coordinator Chelsea Mineur, the main Miss America grand prize is a hefty $50,000 scholarship — which will certainly go a long way when it comes to opening doors for one lucky lady. But, she's not the only one going home a winner. The first runner-up nabs a $25,000 scholarship, the second runner-up $20,000, the third runner-up $15,000, and the fourth runner-up $10,000 — suffice it to say, the top five definitely do more than alright.

Suffice it to say, it's quite the hefty prize. Of course, not to be corny, but the true prize is the pride and responsibility that comes with the Miss America title (not to mention that aforementioned sparkly, sparkly crown), but some extra funds don't hurt a bit — especially when they go towards education, the way Miss America's scholarships do. It's important to remember that, in addition to all the pageantry, Miss America is all about forwarding women's education and helping others.

Oh, and here's something you might not know: Every single contestant in the Miss America pageant actually wins a scholarship. Of course, the scholarships all vary in size depending on the particular contestant's placement, but altogether it amounts to a substantial $302,000 in scholarship money awarded during the competition. After the runners-up, the ten semi-finalists will all respectively be awarded scholarships between $4,000 and $8,000, and the remaining 36 competitors all get a base scholarship of $3,000.

Each contestant is also eligible for bonus scholarships, should they place in competition areas such as the Lifestyle and Fitness in Swimsuit portion, or of course, the Talent portion. Miss Congeniality also takes home an extra $2,000, which is a nice little cherry on top. Here's the full breakdown, in case you're interested:

Semi-Finalists 6 and 7 — $8,000 each
Semi-Finalists 8 through 10 — $7,000 each
Semi-Finalists 11 and 12 — $5,000 each
Semi-Finalists 13 through 15 — $4,000 each
Contestants 16 through 51 — $3,000 each
3 Preliminary Talent Winners — $2,000 each
3 Preliminary Lifestyle & Fitness in Swimsuit Winners — $1,000 each
4 Non-Finalist Talent — $1,000 each
Miss Congeniality — $2,000

So, when it comes right down to it, it sure is nice knowing that even the women who don't place in the pageant still take some material gains away from the competition (along with the exposure and invaluable experience, of course). So, in a small way, everyone is a winner on Sunday night — and that makes watching even more fun.

Sources:
http://elitedaily.com/entertainment/201 ... s/1912201/
https://www.bustle.com/p/what-does-miss ... efty-81393

back in the days miss usa use win cars furs, diamonds now they just win cheap tacky cloths lol
yellowyam1
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: nick
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1982
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: watching beauty pageants

Postby Irie » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:53 am

If i'm going to choose i would rather join Miss America. With $50000 worth of scholarship I can surely graduate in time. I find Miss America activities more meaningful than Miss USA too.
Irie
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Blogging

Postby yellowyam1 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:12 am

Irie wrote:If i'm going to choose i would rather join Miss America. With $50000 worth of scholarship I can surely graduate in time. I find Miss America activities more meaningful than Miss USA too.

miss usa fell I have no idea what they do these days. Why isn't miss USA doing charting work in TEXAS?
yellowyam1

Real Life Name/Nick: nick
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1982
Profession: manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: watching beauty pageants

Postby lucy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:43 am

MISS AMERICA IS BETTER AND MORE POPULAR! :=p
lucy

Real Life Name/Nick: lucy
Date of Birth: 12 Dec 1985
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: professor
Hobbies/Interests: pageants, tennis, beaches, heritage sites

Postby Irie » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:20 pm

yellowyam1 wrote:
Irie wrote:If i'm going to choose i would rather join Miss America. With $50000 worth of scholarship I can surely graduate in time. I find Miss America activities more meaningful than Miss USA too.

miss usa fell I have no idea what they do these days. Why isn't miss USA doing charting work in TEXAS?

I think MUSA Org is busy with NYFW
Irie

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Blogging

Postby jhunz23 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:22 pm

In deed. Ratings in the US of Miss America is far from Miss USA. Sigh!

But world wide popularity... Miss USA fairs better... although i dunno how they generate money from world audience.

lucy wrote:MISS AMERICA IS BETTER AND MORE POPULAR! :=p
jhunz23

Postby jhunz23 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:25 pm

Yes! Specially college education in the US is very expensive! More meaningful that is true, as Miss USA focus on entertainment career... they have scholarship too... at NY FILM ACADEMY!

jhunz23

Postby Obaa Lizzie » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:35 pm

jhunz23 wrote:
Yes! Specially college education in the US is very expensive! More meaningful that is true, as Miss USA focus on entertainment career... they have scholarship too... at NY FILM ACADEMY!

Film Academy, what for? So Iris the future dentist is going to attend a film academy to know how to interact with her patients and what is a nuclear scientist going to do with a film academy scholarship? And do not forget that Miss America also gets a chic AF wardrobe, way more chic, attends actual red carpet events, she was a special guest at Billboards Music Awards. Also gets hair products. Miss USA/Miss Universe is equal to empty barrels making the most noise.
#NOMOREFRANKIECENAPLEASE
Obaa Lizzie
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Elizabeth
Date of Birth: 18 Sep 1991
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Data analyst
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageants

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:30 pm

Miss America is more popular than Miss USA. If you ask random people here in DC about beauty pageants, most of them will say Miss America.

Jonathan Nguyen

Real Life Name/Nick: Jonathan Nguyen
Date of Birth: 10 Aug 1997
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Software Developer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe and Miss World

Postby Stoichio » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:52 pm

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:Miss America is more popular than Miss USA. If you ask random people here in DC about beauty pageants, most of them will say Miss America.

For people with below average beauty and think they are smart, yes they will choose Miss America of course, DUH!
Stoichio
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping

Postby Clayton » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:42 pm

I would chose Miss USA cos Miss America is so unpredictable and it seems less competitive
Clayton

Real Life Name/Nick: Zéphyr
Date of Birth: 02 Dec 2000
Profession: Law
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Being a D.I.V.A!

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:56 pm

Stoichio wrote:
Jonathan Nguyen wrote:Miss America is more popular than Miss USA. If you ask random people here in DC about beauty pageants, most of them will say Miss America.

For people with below average beauty and think they are smart, yes they will choose Miss America of course, DUH!

Did you forget to take your mental medication again? ;/))

Jonathan Nguyen

Real Life Name/Nick: Jonathan Nguyen
Date of Birth: 10 Aug 1997
Profession: Software Developer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe and Miss World

Postby valleriam » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:07 pm

Miss America is boring and far from a beauty pageant. They may be intelligent, but the winners are always very PLAIN and lack universal appeal, very american with a tired look...
MY FINAL CHOICES FOR MISS UNIVERSE 2022:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1954551
valleriam

Date of Birth: 24 Jan 1988
Profession: HBIC
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty

Postby Stoichio » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:50 am

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:
Stoichio wrote:

Did you forget to take your mental medication again? ;/))

Your replies are always NON-SEQUITUR.
Better take brain boosting medicines
=;)) =;)) =;))

And let go of these ENVY pills you are taking 5 times a day. It won't work! Just like the PRESTIGE pill of your alternick rockingay Nino LOL!
Last edited by Stoichio on Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stoichio

Postby jhunz23 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:10 am

I know right!?! Ms.A winners are quickly forgotten ...but at least they have very good education afterwards and for sure a comfortable life thereafter.

Clayton wrote:I would chose Miss USA cos Miss America is so unpredictable and it seems less competitive
jhunz23

Postby Obaa Lizzie » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:00 am

jhunz23 wrote:
I know right!?! Ms.A winners are quickly forgotten ...but at least they have very good education afterwards and for sure a comfortable life thereafter.

Clayton wrote:I would chose Miss USA cos Miss America is so unpredictable and it seems less competitive

No one outside pageant circles remembers a Miss USA anyway. Most pageant winners are forgotten unless they are successful in the entertainment industry including Miss Worlds. We know them because we are pageant fans.
#NOMOREFRANKIECENAPLEASE
Obaa Lizzie

Real Life Name/Nick: Elizabeth
Date of Birth: 18 Sep 1991
Profession: Data analyst
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageants

Postby DORABIAN » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:04 am

NONE!
I WOULD RATHER CHANGE MY NATIONALITY AND JOIN MISS FRANCE! 8-}
THE UGLIEST WINNER IN BIG FOUR PAGEANTS (BIG 3 RATHER).
DORABIAN

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1917
Profession: FUCKING PEOPLE
Hobbies/Interests: FUCKING

Postby GlennLRehnan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:24 am

Obaa Lizzie wrote:
jhunz23 wrote:

No one outside pageant circles remembers a Miss USA anyway. Most pageant winners are forgotten unless they are successful in the entertainment industry including Miss Worlds. We know them because we are pageant fans.

EVERYBODY remembers Chellomellow The Cybercriminal, though. And how she's moved on to being Obaa Lizzie...
GlennLRehnan
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Glenn
Date of Birth: 09 Jan 1979
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Profession: Grad student
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Studying

Postby lucy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:16 pm

valleriam wrote:Miss America is boring and far from a beauty pageant. They may be intelligent, but the winners are always very PLAIN and lack universal appeal, very american with a tired look...

VANESSA WILLIAMS IS SUPER STUNNING! :"> :hx :=p IN FACT, SHE'S THOUSAND TIMES STUNNING THAN ALL MISS USA WINNERS IN HISTORY!, THERE ARE EVEN MORE STUNNING MISS AMERICA WINNERS LIKE LEE MERIWETHER(1955),KAYE LANI RAE RAFKO(1988),KYLENE BARKER(1979), MARIA FLETCHER(1962), DEBBYE TURNER(1990),SHIRLEY COTHRAN(1975),DOROTHY KATHLEEN BENHAM(1977), SUSAN POWELL(1981), NINA DAVULURI(2014), MALLORY HAGAN(2013)

ALL MISS USA WINNERS ARE GENERIC OR AVERAGE LOOKING WOMEN! :)>- :)>-
lucy

Postby lucy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:30 pm

jhunz23 wrote:

AND AFTER THAT WHAT HAPPENED TO NY FILM ACADEMY TRAINING???? DO THEY BECOME POPULAR HOLLYWOOD STARS??? =;)) :%)) :)>- :=p

lucy

Postby Stoichio » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:05 pm

lucy wrote:
valleriam wrote:Miss America is boring and far from a beauty pageant. They may be intelligent, but the winners are always very PLAIN and lack universal appeal, very american with a tired look...

VANESSA WILLIAMS IS SUPER STUNNING! :"> :hx :=p IN FACT, SHE'S THOUSAND TIMES STUNNING THAN ALL MISS USA WINNERS IN HISTORY!, THERE ARE EVEN MORE STUNNING MISS AMERICA WINNERS LIKE LEE MERIWETHER(1955),KAYE LANI RAE RAFKO(1988),KYLENE BARKER(1979), MARIA FLETCHER(1962), DEBBYE TURNER(1990),SHIRLEY COTHRAN(1975),DOROTHY KATHLEEN BENHAM(1977), SUSAN POWELL(1981), NINA DAVULURI(2014), MALLORY HAGAN(2013)

ALL MISS USA WINNERS ARE GENERIC OR AVERAGE LOOKING WOMEN! :)>- :)>-

THANKS TO RHINOPLASTY!

Stoichio

Postby kathrineskie » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:46 pm

Miss America is generally for talented, ugly, fat girls who think they're beautiful. Since they have no chance of making it in showbiz or in popular media, the college scholarships are the best prizes that would benefit them as they make their stamp on the world.

Since Miss USA is pretty much for shallow, narcissistic girls who want to become famous celebrities, beauty products and the NY Film Academy training are the most appropriate prizes for them.

Of course if I were competing, I'd pick Miss USA for the simple fact that I'm beautiful and am too rich for a college scholarship. :%)) :%)) :%))
kathrineskie

Real Life Name/Nick: Kathrine
Date of Birth: 04 Apr 1994
Profession: RA
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: Dancing

Postby bdee » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:12 pm

Does anybody have a link to the full Miss America show? I missed it. :(
bdee

Date of Birth: 19 Dec 1988
Profession: Researcher
Hobbies/Interests: fashion design
Message: I've never seen a smiling face that was not beautiful.

Postby GlennLRehnan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:17 pm

kathrineskie wrote:Miss America is generally for talented, ugly, fat girls who think they're beautiful. Since they have no chance of making it in showbiz or in popular media, the college scholarships are the best prizes that would benefit them as they make their stamp on the world.

Since Miss USA is pretty much for shallow, narcissistic girls who want to become famous celebrities, beauty products and the NY Film Academy training are the most appropriate prizes for them.

Of course if I were competing, I'd pick Miss USA for the simple fact that I'm beautiful and am too rich for a college scholarship. :%)) :%)) :%))

You're so mean, lol. =;))
GlennLRehnan

Real Life Name/Nick: Glenn
Date of Birth: 09 Jan 1979
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Profession: Grad student
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Studying

Postby jhunz23 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:35 am

You are Fierce Diva!!!
:=p :=p :=p

kathrineskie wrote:Miss America is generally for talented, ugly, fat girls who think they're beautiful. Since they have no chance of making it in showbiz or in popular media, the college scholarships are the best prizes that would benefit them as they make their stamp on the world.

jhunz23

Postby BitterBtwnNepalNPakistan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:49 am

:-O

:%))
BitterBtwnNepalNPakistan

Real Life Name/Nick: Xen
Date of Birth: 20 Jan 1984
Profession: TF
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby Mariana Erwin » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:24 am

The problem with MUO's prizes is that they are too cliché and plus, they do not always fit the winner. For example, Iris is a dentist while Kára works for a nuclear regulatory commission, which are in the scientific field of study, yet MUO thinks that all of them want to become actresses, which seems to be optional nowadays (although the art industry is important as all other industries). For me, the film scholarship should only be optional and special classes should only be taken in order for the winner to improve her self-esteem.

Meanwhile, Miss America is more popular because it is older than Miss USA, and more people are accustomed to see a long runway and a classic pageant trend. Unfortunately, Miss USA would've been more popular if they took a fierce-yet-classic way (e.g. the 1995-1997 pageants). Add to that, girls want to finish their education first before launching a career. However, the girls end up being unpopular and only a few Miss Americas are still known (e.g. Vanessa L. Williams) while there are more MUO titleholders that are well known, although about half of the winners in these pageants are living private lives far away from the limelight and only their names are known by fans and organizers.

However, answering the question, it would be a good thing to participate in Miss USA since Miss USA is the most well-known pageant in the United States in which the girl is crowned to represent the United States at a bigger pageant, and therefore, is a full-fledged national pageant in which the titleholder will compete against women from around the world. Miss America, on the other hand, simply represents the United States and that is it. If Miss America was under the Miss World circuit, it would've been somehow different yet it would still offer scholarships and plus, it would fit under the Miss World theme of charity and compassion (although unlike Miss World, I don't find anything questionable with Miss America's winners).
No more bashers in 2022, please.

Also, watch Dani Walker's video to know more on how bashers can kill with their words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbYUDqSC1UM
Mariana Erwin
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Date of Birth: 05 Apr 1988
Profession: ***********
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry
Message: Hello and welcome! Commenting on things in pageantry and critical of pageant issues.

Return to GENERAL