POLL : DO YOU STILL TRUST MISS WORLD?

DO YOU STILL TRUST MISS WORLD?

You may select 1 option

View results

POLL : DO YOU STILL TRUST MISS WORLD?

Postby iamkenmotion » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:19 am

Hi guys, i am curios about the trust rating of Miss World here in Missosology. As we all know, Miss World is obviously a political pageant and some say its rigid. Personally, i am not really satisfied about Miss Worlds judging process. Up until this day i cant understand their scoring system and how winners are chosen. Year after year, they have been bombarded with a lot of hulla ho hoos and fixing issues. I believe its not a good thing for Miss World.

How about you? Do you still trust this pageant?

iamkenmotion
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Date of Birth: 25 Jun 1989
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: law student
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: million interest

Re: POLL : DO YOU STILL TRUST MISS WORLD?

Postby the critic » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:36 am

OVER 130 FRANCHISE HOLDERS FROM AROUND THE GLOBE AND THOUSANDS OF BEAUTIFUL WOMEN TRUST IT TO INVEST IN IT ANUALLY, SPONSORS, PARTNERS AND CHARITY DONERS AS WELL...SO WHAT SAYS RANDOM MEMBERS ON MISSOSOLOGY WHO ARE JUST SPECTATORS?
the critic
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 26 Jul 1985
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Journalist
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty, fashion photography

Postby iamkenmotion » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:48 am

the critic wrote:OVER 130 FRANCHISE HOLDERS FROM AROUND THE GLOBE AND THOUSANDS OF BEAUTIFUL WOMEN TRUST IT TO INVEST IN IT ANUALLY, SPONSORS, PARTNERS AND CHARITY DONERS AS WELL...SO WHAT SAYS RANDOM MEMBERS ON MISSOSOLOGY WHO ARE JUST SPECTATORS?

Hi DUMMY! The poll is for MISSOSOLOGY FORUMERS! GOT THAT? TO RAISE A DISCUSSION BETWEEN FORUMERS. I AM NOT ASKING ABOUT THE FRANCHISE HOLDERS, PARTNERS AND CHARITY DONORS OPINIONS. You DUMB? :%)) :%)) :%)) :%)) :%)) :%))

iamkenmotion

Date of Birth: 25 Jun 1989
Profession: law student
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: million interest

Postby cronista » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:16 am

i dont trust it since i can remember, i do like tha last year winner and Megan .
cronista
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.

Date of Birth: 26 Jun 1979
Profession: writter
Hobbies/Interests: TV, Sports, Poker

Postby sophocles » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:25 am

Sinabi na ba ni Julia na hindi na siya kukuha ng national director para mag-judge? How about relatives of national directors? Pinaliwanag na ba niya kung paano ang scoring at kung ano ang weight ng bawat fast track event? I'm sure hindi niya ipapaliwanag 'yan dahil mas makakapandaya siya kung hindi malinaw ang rules. Dapat ang tawag sa kanya Tia Pusit, dahil kusang pinapalabo niya ang mga patakaran para makalusot siya.
sophocles

Date of Birth: 17 Jul 1971
Profession: lawyer
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Postby Stoichio » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:44 am

iamkenmotion wrote:
the critic wrote:OVER 130 FRANCHISE HOLDERS FROM AROUND THE GLOBE AND THOUSANDS OF BEAUTIFUL WOMEN TRUST IT TO INVEST IN IT ANUALLY, SPONSORS, PARTNERS AND CHARITY DONERS AS WELL...SO WHAT SAYS RANDOM MEMBERS ON MISSOSOLOGY WHO ARE JUST SPECTATORS?

Hi DUMMY! The poll is for MISSOSOLOGY FORUMERS! GOT THAT? TO RAISE A DISCUSSION BETWEEN FORUMERS. I AM NOT ASKING ABOUT THE FRANCHISE HOLDERS, PARTNERS AND CHARITY DONORS OPINIONS. You DUMB? :%)) :%)) :%)) :%)) :%)) :%))

#BOMBED

=;)) =;)) =;)) =;))
Stoichio
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping

Postby Stoichio » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:00 am

This pageant needs some major overhaul and restoration of its INTEGRITY & REPUTATION!

But I don't agree that it's the most political pageant. The most political is still the useless Miss Supranational.
Stoichio

Postby ajsy0203 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:35 am

Since 2010 only 4 former Miss World contestants later placed at Miss Universe: Yendi Philips, Patricia Rodriguez, Olivia Jordan and Flora Coquerel. All 4 of them finished in the top 5. Also since 2010 most of the former Miss World placers ended up as clappers at Miss Universe like Deborah Henry, Gabrielle Walcott, Nathalie Den Dekker (who later finished 1st Runner Up at Miss International 2013) and others. One forumer said before that most of the MW contestants allegedly has a bigger chance to be a clapper at Miss Universe.

So the problematic judging system of the pageant prevented some people to trust Miss World again.

Let's see if Rafieya can pull a superb performance at 66th Miss Universe or will she fall into a clapper?
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby The Duchess » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:14 am

I have to say that even though I like winners like Ksenia, Stephanie and Megan I DO NOT understand the first thing about Miss World in terms of how they choose a winner; it seems like they choose without a specific set of rules but choose the one they most feel the Miss World vibe in the specific year. I find very little in common with each winner of that pageant, it's not the same to say "She is very Miss World pageant" than "This is the Miss World prototype" and that bothers me. With Miss Universe, even if the winners are not exactly alike physically speaking you can see that they all fall into the limited Miss Universe "Personas" when you evaluate them in research. I can see things in common with the Miss Internationals, Miss Earths and even the Miss Grands; but for the life of me can I predict a Miss World winner. I always fail at predicting the winners there, so I don't even try =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;))
The Duchess

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby Obaa Lizzie » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:27 am

You people are beating around the bush. Ask pertinent questions like where the money raised from charity is going? Can anyone pin point an edifice Miss World has erected using BWAP proceeds. They only promise to buy school supplies like this year in India and later Catriona's project. Their biggest mark is the charity but this year Iris has supported more charities than Stephanie, Project Sunshine, Best Buddies, Rise Against Hunger and so many more. Every year contestants bring very expensive gifts for the charity auction, where does the money go to? Stop with the is it rigged and ask those questions. Whiles you are at it ask why in heaven's name is Miss Universe taking so long to come out with a venue and date.
#NOMOREFRANKIECENAPLEASE
Obaa Lizzie
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Elizabeth
Date of Birth: 18 Sep 1991
Profession: Data analyst
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageants

Postby Obaa Lizzie » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:36 am

Are we really asking what Miss World winners have in common? They all look like doppelgangers. When Rolene took that selfie with Stephanie in SA she looked like her actual younger sister. Even Stephanie's mother agreed. They all have in built class and are elegant.
#NOMOREFRANKIECENAPLEASE
Obaa Lizzie

Postby Obaa Lizzie » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:43 am

My answer to the poll is I trust the election of the winner, selection of finalists and runner ups have been questionable these past few years, there is only one winner in the history of Miss World whom I think did not deserve it and as years goes by she proves me right but I do not trust their charity claim. They spend all the money on travels expenses and bill it as charity. Last year when Washington Post asked them they struggled to come up with a decent explanation.
#NOMOREFRANKIECENAPLEASE
Obaa Lizzie

Postby Obaa Lizzie » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:51 am

ajsy0203 wrote:Since 2010 only 4 former Miss World contestants later placed at Miss Universe: Yendi Philips, Patricia Rodriguez, Olivia Jordan and Flora Coquerel. All 4 of them finished in the top 5. Also since 2010 most of the former Miss World placers ended up as clappers at Miss Universe like Deborah Henry, Gabrielle Walcott, Nathalie Den Dekker (who later finished 1st Runner Up at Miss International 2013) and others. One forumer said before that most of the MW contestants allegedly has a bigger chance to be a clapper at Miss Universe.

So the problematic judging system of the pageant prevented some people to trust Miss World again.

Let's see if Rafieya can pull a superb performance at 66th Miss Universe or will she fall into a clapper?

You cannot use this as a solid argument because the one thing that Miss World in those days had in common with Miss Universe was beach beauty and top model and all the ladies who did well in those two FTs at Miss World went on to do well at Miss Universe e.g. Ade, Yendi and Patricia all aced top model and beach beauty. Gabriella did not do well in those FTs neither did Deborah and if Flora had gone to Miss Universe with that body she had at Miss World and had arrived she would have clapped there as well. Do not expect much from Rafieya she did not do well in those FTs and I learned she does not have a degree.
#NOMOREFRANKIECENAPLEASE
Obaa Lizzie

Postby Stoichio » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:51 am

Obaa Lizzie wrote:My answer to the poll is I trust the election of the winner, selection of finalists and runner ups have been questionable these past few years, there is only one winner in the history of Miss World whom I think did not deserve it and as years goes by she proves me right but I do not trust their charity claim. They spend all the money on travels expenses and bill it as charity. Last year when Washington Post asked them they struggled to come up with a decent explanation.

See, even you distrust a chunk of the contest.

Now, you should name names or else, you are just creating your own speculations.

MW is never consistent: From 2012 to 2015, they displayed the scores. Then suddenly, they eliminated that scoresheet last year. So, don't blame if people suddenly question them.

Stoichio

Postby Oscillate » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:52 am

Miss World has the most absurd system in pageantry.

Do I trust the system? No!

Do I follow it? Yeah, a bit. I'm not like the hypocrites of Misso who are so vocal about their disgust to a specific pageant and are always pronouncing " I dont give a fu*k about this pageant " yet they are the first ones to comment.

MW made me realize the reality in this mundane world. Money really makes life soooo unfair. We just have to live with it!
Oscillate
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 14 Mar 1980
Profession: Vet Tech
Hobbies/Interests: dogs, cats, horses

Postby Atoy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:01 am

no! even if they crown another Filipina in the next 3 years. after last edition i honestly think deserving winners are left out like Ms Philippines Catriona Gray for the sake of business and pleasing national directors. Indonesia and Puerto Rico were the biggest joke . The Most honest least bias pageant I know is Miss International
Atoy
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: actor
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: magpacute

Postby The Duchess » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:06 am

Obaa Lizzie wrote:Are we really asking what Miss World winners have in common? They all look like doppelgangers. When Rolene took that selfie with Stephanie in SA she looked like her actual younger sister. Even Stephanie's mother agreed. They all have in built class and are elegant.

I wonder what all your alternicks have in common.

ALSO, Rolene and Stephanie do not look alike.

I did not say they were elegant or with class, but the selection process is never been defined. The majority of pageant winners have elegance and even class BUT the ones of Miss World are rather random. You don't have to be a genius to know that.
The Duchess

Postby The Duchess » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:09 am

Atoy wrote:no! even if they crown another Filipina in the next 3 years. after last edition i honestly think deserving winners are left out like Ms Philippines Catriona Gray for the sake of business and pleasing national directors. Indonesia and Puerto Rico were the biggest joke . The Most honest least bias pageant I know is Miss International

I am not going to open the Stephanie debate because I think it's obvious where we both stand, respectfully speaking.

I do not get Indonesia at all either tbh =;)) =;)) =;)) not gonna bullshit about that

I really think Catriona would have benefited so much more from a different outfit and styling, I actually find the one she used to have taken off from her beauty... specially the hair; her face was built for lower buns. This is not a bash, I actually feel upset about that styling decision

And I have to agree with the last part
The Duchess

Postby The Duchess » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:11 am

Stoichio wrote:
Obaa Lizzie wrote:My answer to the poll is I trust the election of the winner, selection of finalists and runner ups have been questionable these past few years, there is only one winner in the history of Miss World whom I think did not deserve it and as years goes by she proves me right but I do not trust their charity claim. They spend all the money on travels expenses and bill it as charity. Last year when Washington Post asked them they struggled to come up with a decent explanation.

See, even you distrust a chunk of the contest.

Now, you should name names or else, you are just creating your own speculations.

MW is never consistent: From 2012 to 2015, they displayed the scores. Then suddenly, they eliminated that scoresheet last year. So, don't blame if people suddenly question them.

Now that you mention it, it is a very contradicting answer =;))
The Duchess

Postby sharronstoned » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:54 am

Only TWO people on this site have complete faith in Miss World: Lucy and Nina Cleopatra.

Everyone else is just an alternick of the moderator that operates the account of the latter. :%))
sharronstoned

Real Life Name/Nick: Sharron
Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1988
Profession: Actor
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Stripping

Postby hauteegirl » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:46 am

Well, duh. No brainer, the franchise fee is like clearance sale compared to Miss Universe. :%))
hauteegirl

Real Life Name/Nick: Queen
Date of Birth: 14 Jan 2008
Profession: beauty queen
Hobbies/Interests: exotic plants hobbyist

Postby Stoichio » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:49 am

sharronstoned wrote:Only TWO people on this site have complete faith in Miss World: Lucy and Nina Cleopatra.

Everyone else is just an alternick of the moderator that operates the account of the latter. :%))

No, not even rockingay Nino! He said before MW2016 coronation night that MW has the darkest history among pageants.

The ones who have faith are:
chellomellow aka Oba Lizzie
JonA.
IKnowBeauty aka HeKnowsHe'sUgly
the critic

Stoichio

Postby hauteegirl » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:58 am

No way Mary, i never trusted them before why would i trust them now. With horrible past experiences by filipina reps and now this? Noway, even if Philippines win again i still dont. For years this pageant has no transparency in selecting winners and its even worst that u get cheated on right in front of your face and u pretend like its okay for them to cheat. #disgusting :%))
hauteegirl

Real Life Name/Nick: Queen
Date of Birth: 14 Jan 2008
Profession: beauty queen
Hobbies/Interests: exotic plants hobbyist

Postby Mona Lisa » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:11 am

I VOTED YES... EVERYBODY DESERVES A SECOND CHANCE...

ImageImage

LIFE BIGGEST TRAGEDY IS THAT WE GET OLD TOO SOON N WISE TOO LATE
ImageImage
Mona Lisa
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Date of Birth: 06 Feb 1991
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdVKZkfAkpk
Hobbies/Interests: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwy8B-p-rDg
Message: We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.

Postby Puh Kee Mu » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:20 am

them thinks them perffects, so me givings them mirrorrs

ImageImageImage
Puh Kee Mu

Real Life Name/Nick: Chanchira Pichamon
Date of Birth: 12 Sep 1989
Profession: Transgender
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Gwand Internationals
Message: No ones is more hatedness than is them who was speakings the truthfullness.

Postby bcdf1930 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:29 am

WHAT I HAVE NOTICED OVER THE YEARS IS THAT THE CANDIDATE WHO HAS THE WORD 'HELP' IN HER FINAL ANSWER WINS :-* :)>-
IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT, PLEASE GO AND WATCH IT ON YOUTUBE :-* :)>-
bcdf1930

Real Life Name/Nick: Anonymous:)
Date of Birth: 20 Nov 1984
Profession: IT professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Reading books, browsing Internet

Postby markita » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:56 am

>:)
markita

Date of Birth: 26 Jul 1983
Profession: Beauty Pageant Expert
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Hobbies/Interests: Films, Pageantry & Literature

Postby blazingskyx27 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:33 am

I must admit, ever since the debacle last year, I'm kinda suspicious about the " SELECTION PROCESS " of this grandmother of all pageants. And the fact that Julia went here full force with the current winner and her court of runner ups, hmmmm, I find it very odd, like they are making amends for something they've done wrong. Sad because I believe Ivian, Rolene, Megan and even the low profile Mireya are strong winners. This year I will watch just for the sake of Miss Laura Lehmann, and I'm curious how the pageant will take place with the echoes of last year's controversy. If there is one thing I trust about Miss World, is that I'm sure they will lull me to sleep or bore me out of my skull. Generating excitement was never their strongest aspiration.
blazingskyx27

Real Life Name/Nick: andy
Date of Birth: 25 Mar 1977
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: pop culture observer/ writer
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: net surfing, writing, going to the gym

Postby lucy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:09 pm

THOSE NOS ARE COMING FROM BITTER PINOYS WHO STILL COULDN'T MOVE ON WITH CATRIONA'S DEFEAT 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) , WHAT'S IMPORTANT EVEN IF SOME NARROW-MINDED PINOYS WILL NOT TRUST IT THERE IS STILL MORE THAN 130 PLUS COUNTRIES PARTICIPATING NOT BAD AT ALL :)>- =D> , AND PHILIPPINES WILL STILL KEEP SENDING DELEGATES TO THE MOST PRESTIGIOUS AND BIGGEST PAGEANT WORLDWIDE! :=p
lucy

Real Life Name/Nick: lucy
Date of Birth: 12 Dec 1985
Profession: professor
Hobbies/Interests: pageants, tennis, beaches, heritage sites

Postby marcko » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:29 pm

No, dahil time pa lang ni Ruffa na binigay nila crown and title sa isang pinaka chaka na ms World ever. duon palang alam na nation na cooking show ito. Pero binigay kay Megan and crown/title nung 2013 and naniwala tayo for a while till 2016 and then nawala ang tiwala ng karamihan. Ako din na weirdohan sa full force entourage nila sa Pinas recently. di naman nila gnagawa yan. so why now ? Im guessing that Laura will place high and get some fast track wins , best placement sa kanya i think would be 1st princess like how Julia awarded it to Gwendolyn Ruais na kakakuha palang ni Cory ng franchise so now na may new ND same placement yan. Ang Ms World 2017 hula ko is either China or Indonesia kasi lang beses ng 1st or 2nd princess 2016, 2015 ata. both times anduon ang ND ng Indonesia sa judging hahaha. anyways yan lang naan opinion ko.
marcko

Real Life Name/Nick: pageantwatcher
Date of Birth: 11 May 1985
Profession: Builder
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: beautiful people

Next

Return to Miss World