MISS EARTH ECO-WARRIORS' DAILY ACTIVITIES

MISS EARTH ECO-WARRIORS' DAILY ACTIVITIES

Postby manoypoe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:37 pm

THIS ACTIVITY IS UNIQUELY MISS EARTH AND IS ONE OF THE BEST INITIATIVES OF MISS EARTH DELEGATES. IT SIMPLY SHOWS THAT WHEREVER WE ARE, WHOEVER WE ARE - WE CAN STILL DO SOMETHING, IT MIGHT BE SMALL OR BIG, EASY OR COMPLICATED, TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE PROTECTION OF MOTHER EARTH.

AS MOST EARTHLINGS ARE DEMANDING, WHOEVER WINS THIS AWARD, SHE MUST AUTOMATICALLY BE PART OF THE TOP 20 (AND NOT JUST TOP 16). CAROUSEL PLEASE. :=p :=p

WHO WILL BE THE BEST ECO-WARRIOR 2017, FOLLOWING THE FOOTSTEPS OF CHARLOTTE HITCHMAN, MISS EARTH WALES 2016? LET US ALL FOLLOW OUR EARTH QUEENS AND LEARN FROM THEM ON HOW WE CAN BE AN EFFECTIVE ECO WARRIOR LIKE THEM.

Last edited by manoypoe on Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:26 pm, edited 6 times in total.
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Re: MISS EARTH ECO-WARRIOR DAILY ACTIVITIES

Postby manoypoe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:40 pm

Kaylee Carlberg
#MissEarthUSVirginIsland2017

Day 1

As a weather enthusiast I have always stayed up to date on weather patterns since I was a child. At one time I planned on being a meteorologist! My dream of becoming a certified storm spotter with the national weather service happened earlier this year! As a trained storm spotter I volunteer my time to help locate and inform the national weather service on what I'm seeing. We act as the eyes on the ground because the NWS can only see radar. Trained storm spotters save lives!

A warming climate is causing natural disasters throughout the world to increase in power...No matter where you live a disaster can effect you and I encourage you to have a survival kit in your home and car. Also remember to include your pets as well! To all worldwide who have been impacted from drought, hurricanes/typhoons, tornadoes, flooding and more I pray for you.

Day 2

Today I'll talk about the importance of TREES!

They provide the air we breath, habitats for animals, provide shade, large forests can influence weather patterns resulting in more rain, fight flooding, block wind, refill aquifers, keep dirt in its place, muffle noise pollution, feed us, give us medicine, raise home property values, create memories, and more. The most important power trees offer to the world is that they absorb co2 from the atmosphere and turn it into oxygen. This means trees are one of our greatest allies in the fight against man made climate change.

The tree pictured here is over 250 years old and shows where native Americans carved out the bark for medicine basketry, construction, and would also eat the the sweet inner bark of this specific tree, the Ponderosa Pine.

Day 3

ALWAYS remember to keep nature beautiful! Please dispose of waste properly and remember your reusable water bottle!

Day 4

Use your buying power to make a major impact on our planet!
This adorable bracelet is eco-friendly, fair trade, handmade, and supports women in the Philippines!
It's made from recycled t-shirts too!
It feels good knowing that your purchases can help the Earth and people's lives in SO many ways.
Check out Cambio market to see all of their beautiful items.
I will be posting everyday ways YOU can be an Eco Warrior!

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:49 pm

Sarah Laura Peyrel
#MissEarthSwitzerland2017

Day 1
Taking the horses on a nice ride out on a sunny day.

Day 2
Taking the boat out on the Aare in Bern

Day 3
Meditating in one of Switzerland`s most beautiful National Parks, Arboretum Du Vallon de l`Aubonne.

Day 4

Enjoying my holidays by the Sempachersee in Luzern

Day 5
Meeting and feeding hungry little goats at Farmer’s Fritz Farm

Day 6
Learning more about birds at the Sempacher bird observatory in Switzerland

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:51 pm

Shyama Dahayanaka
#MissEarthSriLanka2017

Day 1
Tree Planting activity.

Day 2
"I believe in importance of educating people on having their own garden."

Day 3

Miss Earth Sri Lanka is the brand ambassador of the organization "National Apprentice and Industrial Training Authority"

Day 4
MISS EARTH SRI LANKA SHYAMA DAHANAYAKA IS THE BRAND AMBASSADOR OF TV DERANA'S 'ONE MILLION TREE PROJECT'. THIS WAS INITIATED LAST YEAR BY MISS EARTH 2015 ANGELIA ONG AND THE PROJECT CONTINUES TO BE THE MAIN DRIVING FORCE ENCOURAGING YOUNGSTERS TO BE A EARTH WARRIOR. THE PICTURE SHOWS HER IN ONE OF THE PROJECTS HELD RECENTLY WITH HER FELLOW CONTESTANTS.

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Andreia Gibau
#MissEarthUSA2017

Day 1
I decided to go food shopping at Whole Foods because they bag the groceries in paper bags instead of plastic, and it's recyclable.

Day 2
I only carry reusable water bottles, and I've had this one for 2 months!

Day 3
I love using organic soap bars instead of body wash in a plastic container. This bar is made with organic, unrefined plant oils and butters. It smells amazing and it's very Eco-friendly! It came without a package so it's absolutely #ZeroWaste

Day 4
As a pet owner, it's important to be eco-friendly. I use a stainless steel food bowl for my dog Lily since it lasts a really long time, so I can reuse it over and over again. It is also 100% recyclable.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:56 pm

Brittania Alexa Mitchell
#MissEarthBahamas2017

Day 1

Rode my bike today. Instead of using a golf cart. One gallon less of gasoline fumes sent into the atmosphere. Lets Reduce our use of Gasoline. I live on a small island so its easy for me to get around on my bicycle. Many of you dont have the same advantage so i only ask you to try and use as less as you can until an ulternative solution thats more healthy for our environment becomes available. #StopAirPollution #SaveOurAir #BikesAreFun

Day 2
Did you know you can conserve energy with your daily showers? Lets use cold water to bathe today! It may be a little uncomfortable at first but once you get in cold water feels great on the skin. Give those expensive water heaters, that use 1500 watts per day, a break.

Day 3
LED Light bulbs are the way to go. They may be a bit more pricey but are totally worth it! You save money in the long run because they use less energy than regular light bulbs. Plus they provide great lighting for selfies
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:58 pm

Karen Ibasco
#MissPhilippinesEarth2017

Day 1

Diversifying my diet by eating more vegetables and less meat. Since the global livestock industry produces huge amount of greenhouse gas emission. Eating right will not just help a person maintain a healthy body but also achieve a greener Earth.

Day 2

Trees play a vital role in our environment. As they produce oxygen for us, they also absorb carbon dioxide. They hold the soil to avoid landslides and have an important part to avoid flooding in different areas. Let us have the initiative to plant more trees around us.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:02 pm

Yasuyo Saito
#MissEarthJapan2017

Day 1
We participate in Toothbrushes Recycling project.

Day 2
Pick up the cigarette butts.

Day 3
Pick up garbage along the riverbed.

Day 4
Unplugging the unused appliances.

Day 5
Turning off the unused lights.

Day 6
I always bring "my eco bag". Refuse to accept plastic bag when buying something from store to reduce garbage.
manoypoe

Re: MISS EARTH ECO-WARRIORS' DAILY ACTIVITIES

Postby manoypoe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:07 pm

Jacqueline Marsh
#MissEarthCanda2017

Day 1
“Get On the Bus
Every day is Earth Day when you ride by bus“, Today’s public buses feature new, near-zero emission engine technology and offer travelers the best way to cut CO2 and lower their carbon footprint.

Day 2
RAIN WATER
In the summer, watering gardens and landscaping accounts for about 50-70% of home water usage. An easy way to decrease water use is by using a rain barrel system.
Homeowners can collect enough water for their lawns and gardens with very little work required!

Day 3
''BEE FRIENDLY!!'
If you can't tell what I'm looking at this photo, I'm actually staring at a tiny bee amongst the flowers. Bees are essential to the human food supply, so what can we do to protect them? Let's start by planting bee friendly flowers and flowering herbs in your garden, don't use chemicals and pesticides to treat your garden, and buy local raw honey.

Day 4
''Clean Up Your Act. Compost.''
Composting fruit and vegetable food waste turns into valuable soil and actually saves space in landfills, decreases carbon emissions required to
transport garbage, and in the long run helps to slow climate change.
I compost because it is an easy way to give back to the planet and create nutrient rich soil for my gardens.

Day 5
Line drying laundry conserves energy and depletion of fossil fuels.
Air-drying clothes can reduce the average home’s carbon footprint by about 2400 pounds a year!
In the summer months, there is no excuse not to let your linen dry the natural way!
It is more environmentally friendly and gives your clothes a fresh smell
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:10 pm

Le Thi Ha Thu
#MissEarthVietnam2017

Day 1
They plucked grass of 2 sides the street and planted native shrubs along , these plants are important for many reasons, not only are they providing us with oxygen to breathe, but the native plants are beneficial for the wildlife and eco systems, and they all so suck up the pollution of the adjacent playing fields.

Day 2
“Working day with volunteer’s in Green Summer Campaign. We fabricated and installed water filters to reject carcinogen and we will give some water filters for the primary school in Phu Yen Province, Vietnam."
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:13 pm

Karla Victoria Aponte
#MissEarthPuertoRico2017

Day 1
Promoting ways to reuse and recycle through art!

Day
Organic fruit shopping wwith my reusable bag

Day 3
Today I took the responsability to clean up one of the mist visited beaches on the Island!

Day 4
Enjoying one of nature's most beautiful gifts, one of El Yunque's magestic waterfalls. El Yunque is the only rainforest in US territories. It is also one of the rainiest places in the world, where you can expect rain 3-4 times a day!

Day 5
Tomorrow, Puerto Rico will be facing one of the most dangerous hurricanes in history. Irma, a category 5 hurricane with winds up to 185mph will strike tomorrow in the afternoon. Today I helped put up wood boards to help protect houses and families in my community from this natural disaster.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:18 pm

Christie Refalo
#MissMalta2017

Day 1
Me being a hairdresser involves mainly of cutting and styling hair. Most of the cut is hair wasted. Instead I encourge long haired people to donate reasonable length of hair such as the pony tail in the photo. By doing this we can reduce waste and also recycle hair to become natural wigs.

Day 2
Making a difference must start at home. My family always recycles whatever we can because we believe every little counts. Hence starting to recycle at home is a great first step for anyone to take.

Day 3
Recycle bins and other dispose points should be available near by to all people. Recycling should not be an inconvenience but an act that we do naturally.

Day 4
Hope this email finds you well.
Energy is used everyday and we have taken it for granted how it is generated. We must change to better sources, such as solar power. Just using small devices like these can help the planet.

Day 5
A battery can be very useful. Properly dispose them since batteries are harmful to the environment.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:21 pm

Viktória Viczián
#MissEarthHungary2017

Day 1
Making compost.

Day 2

Changing lights to a energy saving bulbs.

Day 3
Eating healthy food.

Day 4

Recycling the bottles.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:25 pm

Polli Cannabis
#MissEarthBelarus2017

Day 1
Making sure all light in our office is turned off before I go home.
Saving energy can help saving our mother earth. Together we can make a difference.

Day 2
Today I was lucky to join volunteer group under the candidate in deputy control. I learnt a lot of new things about separate garbage collection and ways of organizing collecting points in different parts of the city. I am happy to know this active and energetic people, who doing a great job. The most important today was to know new people and understand, how to motivate them to do separate garbage collection. Some of this people went home and came back with paper or bags with plastic bottles. As statistic says, 6% of people are doing separate garbage collection, and 56% are ready to do it, if there will be special containers close to their home. We can start from little things, and together we can do big changes.

Day 3

One battery kills 1 hedgehog, 2 rabbits and 20 earthworms. Remember it, when doing separate garbage collection. Dangerous garbage, like used batteries, has to be given to special places. Today we made people know about the importance of special collecting of batteries, and collected batteries, brought them to special collecting place. I hope, that quantity of people supporting enviroment has grown. We can start from little things and together we can do big changes.

Day 4
As statistic says, 6% of people are doing separate garbage collection, and 56% are ready to do it, if there will be special containers close to their home. I went trough my living area to find special containers for separate garbage collection. I see, there are not enough containers. Actually, this is one of the reasons why garbage recycling is undeveloped. But we can be disciplined and nurture environmental friendly habits. We can start from little things and all together can do big changes.

Day 5
When you follow the way of separate garbage collection, do it right. Today I learnt some necessary rules of separate garbage collection and would like to share with you. Crush a plastic bottle before you will throw it out in the container. So the others can put more plastic inside. By the way, don't forget to clean and dry plastic. In the other case it can be difficult to recycle. When you want to throw out a yougurt can, that consists of the plastic part and the metallic cover, a piece of metal should be put in the correct container. We can start from little things and together we can do big changes.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:27 pm

Nabirye Josephine Mutesi
#MissEarthUganda2017

Day 1
Trees do not only add beauty to your home but they also provide shade give fruits and fresh air. Plant a boundary tree fence at your home, work place and get a healthy life.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:28 pm

Olivia Howman
#MissEarthSamoa2017

Day 1
Keeping our oceans clean.

Day 2
Saying NO to plastic bags.

Day 3
We can make a huge difference in the amount of waste we produce just by taking around our own reusable drink bottles

Day 4
Took my own reusable container to take home leftovers as opposed to the kitchen hand disposing my food which contributes to food waste.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:34 pm

Emma Mae Sheedy
#MissEarthGuam2017

Day 1
Miss Earth Guam 2017, joins her Guam High School Senior Class for a
class sunrise before school. The sunrise was an organized event Emma
Sheedy helped put together to celebrate the last year of high school
and the beautiful scene of Guam.

Day 2
Miss Earth Guam 2017, interacts with a tourist when attending The Guam
Territory Band concert. Emma Sheedy loves interacting with tourists to
promote her island and teach young children across the world about the
importance of protecting the environment.

Day 3
Miss Earth Guam 2017, takes a visit to one of the most popular tourist
sites on Guam; the Guam Seal. Emma Sheedy recognizes the parts of the
seal representing different parts of the Chamorro Culture. She hopes
everyone enjoys the beautiful piece of work as much as she does.

Day 4
Miss Earth Guam 2017, takes some time to remember the strong women of
the Guam culture at a statue that symbolizes them. Emma Sheedy loves
to learn more about the Guam culture and the strength of the women she
has learned from.

Day 5
Miss Earth Guam 2017, welcomes a group of tourists from Korea to Guam. Emma Sheedy loves her dress from Forever21 and decides to take a few pictures before the tour bus arrives. The style and colors fit perfectly into the island scene.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:37 pm

Em Kun Thong
#MissEarthCmbodia2017

Day 1
La CHHOUK was founded in 2014 by a group of Cambodian students from the Royal University of Fine Arts, who design and produce clothes out of recycled materials. These young, inspiring and hardworking fashion designers not only design clothes as their passion, they do it to aid the environment and to preserve and display Khmer culture to the world.

Miss Earth Cambodia 2017 is happy to have collaborated with them to further the cause of sustainable fashion.

Day 2
The event was aimed to educate people about promoting urban gardening, recycling, composting, and waste management.

As guest of honor, Miss Earth Cambodia served as judge of a recycling competition for young Cambodian students. She also partnered with NagaWorld Kind Hearts where they bought tree saplings and donated those to selected primary schools in Phnom Penh.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:38 pm

Maire Lynch
#MissEarthNorthernIreland2017

Day 1
'Richard Centre, Miss Earth Northern Ireland 2017- Maire Lynch taking part in planting activities at home!

'To plant a garden, is to believe in tomorrow!'

Day 2
Save water while brushing your teeth....
Why not maintain a pearly white smile and conserve water at the same time? When brushing your teeth, turn off that tap to save up to 200 gallons of water per month!
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:41 pm

Sophie Bettridge
#MissEarthWales2017

Day 1

Not only do I grow vegetables but fruit too! organic food production eliminates soil and water contamination. Since organic food production strictly avoids the use of all synthetic chemicals, it does not pose any risk of soil and underground water contamination like conventional farming which uses tons of artificial fertilizers and pesticides.

Day 2
Your backyard birds are part of the local ecosystem, and attracting them to your yard means planning bird-friendly landscaping, adding fresh, clean water to the yard and choosing the best bird feeders and bird houses. If you do these things, you will discover benefits such as pest and weed control, pollination and environmental conservation

Day 3
Visiting the Japanese garden in Dartmouth it is important to respect our cultural differences and come together with one main goal in mind~ respecting nature.

Day 4
Planting flowers will not halt the rate at which our environment is deteriorating, but it will slow the process a tad. Today carbon dioxide levels are at an all-time high. Despite that people are bound to their gasoline vehicles by necessity. By planting flowers, people can lower their carbon foot print by supplying the environment with more plants that can consume the carbon dioxide. Through photosynthesis the oxygen supply is then replenished a bit. The birds the bees will certainly see the benefits of planting flowers and encouraging a more diverse ecosystem.

Day 5

Animal Welfare Act - Take positive steps to ensure you care for your animals properly and in particular must provide for the five welfare needs, which are: need for a suitable environment. Need for a suitable diet. Need to be able to exhibit normal behaviour patterns.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:43 pm

Lessie Giler
#MissEarthEcuador2017

Day 1
Taking away plastic bottles from beaches will prevent the pollution of oceans.

Day 2

After a day at the beach we should collect all garbage so that we can prevent pollution on tourist attractions and natural areas
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:44 pm

Artemis Charalambous
#MissEarthCyprus2017

Day 1
Why not take advantage of the daylight? #thinkgreen
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:45 pm

Camilla Fogestedt
#MissEarthSweden2017

Day 1

Proper segregation of trash
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:47 pm

Dominika Szymanska
#MissEarthPoland2017

Day 1
Tree Planting.

Day 2
It's really important to think clearly during shopping. From the ecological and health point of view glass bottles are much better then plastic ones. Glass bottles do not pollute the environment with harmful substances because it is made in 100 % of natural materials.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:48 pm

Uwase Hirwa Honorine
#MissEarthRwanda2017

Day 1
I love nature. And my most contribution towards its protection, conservation and restoration is TO PREACH about it in different areas of people from different background in their respective level.

70% of our population is the youth and therefore that is why they are my main focus.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:10 pm

Elian Qupty
#MissEarthIsrael2017

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:12 pm

Rojina Shrestha
#MissEarthNepal2017

Day 1
Planting a flowery plants for coming festive season in Nepal in my own village backyard.

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:14 pm

I THINK, SHE IS SHOO IN TO WIN THE BEST ECO WARRIOR AWARD. SHE IS WELL PREPARED AND HER DAILY ACTIVITIES ARE REALLY WELL THOUGHT.

Day 5
Isn't my Miss Earth light up jar cute?
I never have to charge it or use a candle because...it's solar powered!

As a renewable resource utilizing energy from the sun solar power will not only eliminate fossil fuels...it will create a better environment for us ALL! No more polluted air to breath in and no more excess co2 harming our atmosphere!

Something you might not realize is how powerful solar energy is for those in poverty and areas far from an electric grid.

A simple solar panel provides light when there would be darkness, keeps a fan blowing all day and night, allows someone to make a phone call, keep food refrigerated, and more.

Kaylee Carlberg
#MissEarthUSVirginIslands2017

manoypoe

Postby sleuth08 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:27 pm

TRULY, THESE ECO-WARRIORS NOT ONLY TALK THE TALK, BUT WALK THE WALK.

IT IS SO EASY TO SAY THEY ARE PARTNERED WITH THE U.N. BUT ONLY MISS EARTH CAN TRULY SAY ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OTHER PAGEANT THAT ALSO FOCUSES ON 'ECO' ACTIVITY? ARE THEY TRULY WORKING THE ENVIRONMENT OR IT IS ALL JUST WORDS?
sleuth08
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 10 Dec 1977
Profession: airline load controller
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: DESTROYING MISS EARTH HATERS

Postby manoypoe » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:09 pm

Nina Robertson
#MissEarthAustralia2017

Day 1
If you're a coffee lover like myself, reusable cups are the way to go! In fact most coffee cups aren't actually recyclable due to the plastic membrane that makes it waterproof. In order to reduce recycling contamination we need to be more consciousness, so that our recyclable waste doesn't get rejected and sent to landfills instead. Make your coffee experience more eco friendly!
manoypoe

Next

Return to Miss Earth