MISS JAMAICA WORLD 2013 is GINA HARGITAY

Re: MISS JAMAICA WORLD 2013 SEARCH

Postby the critic » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:41 pm

SO ITS STOPS WITH DEANNA. OKAY. DIF NOT SEE THIS COMING BUT JULIA HEARD FROM LAST YEAR, I'M SURE SPARTAN DIDN'T JUST UP AND QUIT ON HER. I HOPE THE NEW FRANCHISE WILL BE BIGGER THAN SPARTAN. MAYBE DIGICEL, TVJ OR SOMETHING BIG WITH SOMEONE RICH. THEY CANT ALLOW MISS WORLD JAMAICA TO GO IN A RUT LIKE MISS UNIVERSE JAMAICA.
WHERE IS MARIO TO SAVE THE DAY? LOL.

the critic
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 26 Jul 1985
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Journalist
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty, fashion photography

Postby kristof » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:59 pm

No news on the new franchise holder yet?
This time last year they were screening prospective contestants and this year the pageant seem to be on a lifeline.

Its not the first time Spartan announced relinquishment and had to turn around and organised the show.
http://jamaica-star.com/thestar/20080408/ent/ent5.html
Miss Jamaica World to change hands

Krista Henry, Staff Reporter

Owner of Spartan, Mickey Haughton-James, is parting ways as franchise holder of Miss Jamaica World.

Having been the organiser for the local pageant and training the girls to go off and compete for the last 32years, Haughton-James is pulling the curtains and looking for a new entity to act as franchise holders and organisers of Miss Jamaica World. He told the STAR:

" ... we've been doing it for a long time and I'm not a young man anymore. I like to pursue interests I like. We feel we've done a fairly good job but we feel it needs someone new for it to go to a new level. I want to see it continue to grow."
According to Haughton-James it had been himself and an assistant who had planned the yearly pageant so there is no one waiting in the wings to take over but there has been a number of potential organisations that have expressed an interest. He told the STAR that the new franchise holders will hopefully be announced by the end of April. In the meanwhile he said that there will still be a pageant held this year.

Spartan to stay connected

Haughton-James said, however, that he is thinking of continuing to train the new queens and may even sponsor a girl each year. "Spartan will always have a link with the organisation. The last three years we have grown from strength to strength with Terri Karelle, Sara Lawrence and Yendi Phillipps who is always out doing shows. The popularity of Miss Jamaica is tremendous in the diaspora."

As Franchise holder of Miss Jamaica World, Spartan has had two contestants, Cindy Breakspeare in 1976 and Lisa Hanna in 1993, who won the Miss World titles.

There have been other successes such as Sara Lawrence who won Miss Caribbean Queen and was in the top 10 and Yendi Phillipps and Christine Straw who were also in the top 10. Jamaica is among the top five countries that have won the most titles.
kristof
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS are creative minds & beautifiers of the forum.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1990
Profession: Artist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Internet, Pageant, Music

Postby miss_ting » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:23 am

kristof wrote:No news on the new franchise holder yet?
This time last year they were screening prospective contestants and this year the pageant seem to be on a lifeline.

Its not the first time Spartan announced relinquishment and had to turn around and organised the show.

Owner of Spartan, Mickey Haughton-James, is parting ways as franchise holder of Miss Jamaica World.

Having been the organiser for the local pageant and training the girls to go off and compete for the last 32years, Haughton-James is pulling the curtains and looking for a new entity to act as franchise holders and organisers of Miss Jamaica World. He told the STAR:

" ... we've been doing it for a long time and I'm not a young man anymore. I like to pursue interests I like. We feel we've done a fairly good job but we feel it needs someone new for it to go to a new level. I want to see it continue to grow."
According to Haughton-James it had been himself and an assistant who had planned the yearly pageant so there is no one waiting in the wings to take over but there has been a number of potential organisations that have expressed an interest. He told the STAR that the new franchise holders will hopefully be announced by the end of April. In the meanwhile he said that there will still be a pageant held this year.

Haughton-James said, however, that he is thinking of continuing to train the new queens and may even sponsor a girl each year. "Spartan will always have a link with the organisation. The last three years we have grown from strength to strength with Terri Karelle, Sara Lawrence and Yendi Phillipps who is always out doing shows. The popularity of Miss Jamaica is tremendous in the diaspora."

As Franchise holder of Miss Jamaica World, Spartan has had two contestants, Cindy Breakspeare in 1976 and Lisa Hanna in 1993, who won the Miss World titles.

There have been other successes such as Sara Lawrence who won Miss Caribbean Queen and was in the top 10 and Yendi Phillipps and Christine Straw who were also in the top 10. Jamaica is among the top five countries that have won the most titles.

just got back from Europe..I thought there might be some more news already. Im all OK with Spartan giving up franchise, but considering their reputation & success over the years, maybe they should give a years notice instead, and allow more time for transition & planning. MW is in Sept- which means a new Queen has to be crowned and groomed soon. People might be critical of Spartan at times, but its always for the best & I dont think anyone can deny their success. Even when they have a superb potential staring them in face (eg Deanna), she surprise them big time. Production-wise, they always manage to put on a show, which is never several hours late or seriously flawed. Maybe they should continue this year, and allow MW to find a new franchise meanwhile, someone who could possibly understudy the production elements this yr- just my 2 cents :). I bet if Spartan does it this year they win Miss World 2013 :)....Julia has a way of rewarding extra effort & loyalty...Kristof, pls keep us posted! I heard spartan wanted to give it up before but changed mind...
miss_ting
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1983
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Entrepreneur
Hobbies/Interests: travel, cuisine, design, beauty, fashion

Postby kristof » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:51 pm

miss_ting wrote:

just got back from Europe..I thought there might be some more news already. Im all OK with Spartan giving up franchise, but considering their reputation & success over the years, maybe they should give a years notice instead, and allow more time for transition & planning. MW is in Sept- which means a new Queen has to be crowned and groomed soon. People might be critical of Spartan at times, but its always for the best & I dont think anyone can deny their success. Even when they have a superb potential staring them in face (eg Deanna), she surprise them big time. Production-wise, they always manage to put on a show, which is never several hours late or seriously flawed. Maybe they should continue this year, and allow MW to find a new franchise meanwhile, someone who could possibly understudy the production elements this yr- just my 2 cents :). I bet if Spartan does it this year they win Miss World 2013 :)....Julia has a way of rewarding extra effort & loyalty...Kristof, pls keep us posted! I heard spartan wanted to give it up before but changed mind...

The article I quoted above was actually from '08, then Spartan had a change of heart.

I heard the main reason for the relinquishment is MONEY. The pageant isn't bringing in as much cash as in the 'glory days' and Mickey feels that more corporate support is needed.
kristof

Postby TRINISOCA » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:49 pm

Congrats to Laura (Candy) Butler on her acquiring the Miss World franchise for Jamaica. Laura is most deserving and also well equipped to do an outstanding and long stint at the helm. She has a bloodline that is deeply rooted in the Miss Jamaica Pageant. Madge Holman, Laura's aunt, placed 3rd in the Pageant when it was being run by the Government; another aunt - Susan Holman - placed 3rd in 1984 when it was being run by Spartan. Laura herself was a Top 10 Finalist in 1995. She is therefore very aware of what the Pageant is all about from the inside.

As an organizer, Laura has been involved at several levels including organizing and staging the National Finals in 2002. The ultimate grooming and etiquette coach, she helped prepare several of Jamaica's representatives to Miss World. She has also been very active as a talent scout for Miss Jamaica World and lists Jade Fulford, who placed in the Top 10 at Miss World 2003 among her recruits.

I have every confidence that Laura along with Nicky Baxter who promotes Miss Jamaica World Middlesex
TRINISOCA
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: trinisoca2@yahoo.com
Date of Birth: 30 Jul 1981
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Writer and Pageant Coach
Hobbies/Interests: football, cricket,basket ball

Postby miss_ting » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:28 pm

kristof wrote:
miss_ting wrote:

The article I quoted above was actually from '08, then Spartan had a change of heart.

I heard the main reason for the relinquishment is MONEY. The pageant isn't bringing in as much cash as in the 'glory days' and Mickey feels that more corporate support is needed.

It could be $$..its always about $$, but seriously, money isnt everything. These pageants wont make anyone rich. Thing is Mickey is well connected, and can get corp sponsorship if needed. All he has to do in most cases, is pick up the phone & say Hi..Im Mickey, but sometimes he cant be bothered it seems. He made lots from the Health Club business, and his name is well known> I hope he will support the new Franchise Holder as a corp sponsor, offering his health club facilities for gym training..and maybe even sash a contestant, "Miss Spartan" sure sounds nice LOLL...I heard "Candy" L Butler got the franchise, he need to help her at as much as possible as a wingman, he knows a lot about production side of the business to. So we wish her the very best...X0X0X0
miss_ting

Postby MARIO/GOD OF BEAUTY » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:12 pm

CONGRATULATIONS TO LAURA BUTLER .SHE IS GOOD FRIEND OF MY CONTACT HERE IN THE STATES..SHE WILL DO A GOOD JOB WITH THE MISS JAMAICA WORLD AND MISS WORLD ORGANIZATION...WHAT A SIGH OF RELIEF...I AM GLAD THAT REGINA BEAVERS IS NOT INVOLVED... =c3 =c3 =c3
BEAUTY POLICE

[youtube]ikNGBSkFgjE[/youtube]
[youtube]rekP2iwhT5Q[/youtube]
MARIO/GOD OF BEAUTY
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: MARKETTING EXECUTIVE
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: GYM,SPEED WRITING,

Postby miss_ting » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:50 pm

MARIO/GOD OF BEAUTY wrote:CONGRATULATIONS TO LAURA BUTLER .SHE IS GOOD FRIEND OF MY CONTACT HERE IN THE STATES..SHE WILL DO A GOOD JOB WITH THE MISS JAMAICA WORLD AND MISS WORLD ORGANIZATION...WHAT A SIGH OF RELIEF...I AM GLAD THAT REGINA BEAVERS IS NOT INVOLVED... =c3 =c3 =c3

as long as you keep out of it, everything will be fine. You made a mess of MUJ 2012 last year (chantal zacky)..LoLLLL, leave the work of BEAUTY, to the real experts PLS..Thank U!
miss_ting

Postby kristof » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:30 pm

TRINISOCA wrote:Congrats to Laura (Candy) Butler on her acquiring the Miss World franchise for Jamaica. Laura is most deserving and also well equipped to do an outstanding and long stint at the helm. She has a bloodline that is deeply rooted in the Miss Jamaica Pageant. Madge Holman, Laura's aunt, placed 3rd in the Pageant when it was being run by the Government; another aunt - Susan Holman - placed 3rd in 1984 when it was being run by Spartan. Laura herself was a Top 10 Finalist in 1995. She is therefore very aware of what the Pageant is all about from the inside.

As an organizer, Laura has been involved at several levels including organizing and staging the National Finals in 2002. The ultimate grooming and etiquette coach, she helped prepare several of Jamaica's representatives to Miss World. She has also been very active as a talent scout for Miss Jamaica World and lists Jade Fulford, who placed in the Top 10 at Miss World 2003 among her recruits.

I have every confidence that Laura along with Nicky Baxter who promotes Miss Jamaica World Middlesex

This is good news Trini. Laura seem like the right type of person to bring the pageant to a new level. She only needs the support of corporate Jamaica,

She was an strong supporter for McCreath in 2010, and I tend to agree with her pick for the crown...except for 2011 of course. I hope she has the integrity to keep the pageant transparent.
kristof

Postby miss_ting » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:16 pm

kristof wrote:
TRINISOCA wrote:Congrats to Laura (Candy) Butler on her acquiring the Miss World franchise for Jamaica. Laura is most deserving and also well equipped to do an outstanding and long stint at the helm. She has a bloodline that is deeply rooted in the Miss Jamaica Pageant. Madge Holman, Laura's aunt, placed 3rd in the Pageant when it was being run by the Government; another aunt - Susan Holman - placed 3rd in 1984 when it was being run by Spartan. Laura herself was a Top 10 Finalist in 1995. She is therefore very aware of what the Pageant is all about from the inside.

This is good news Trini. Laura seem like the right type of person to bring the pageant to a new level. She only needs the support of corporate Jamaica,

She was an strong supporter for McCreath in 2010, and I tend to agree with her pick for the crown...except for 2011 of course. I hope she has the integrity to keep the pageant transparent.

Had to research to find the winner of 2011- haha..so forgettable, that Croskill, most would agree she was a horrible choice, given the line up. Miss 69- you called her Kristoff. If Butler was behind McCreath, it shows she has a keen eye...McCreath shouldve won, not the Harvard Graduate. I bet she supported Deanna Robins too, we need to move more along the lines of Deanna, and less of these average, plain jane types who require lots and lots of makeup, to look even 1/2 decent...
miss_ting

Postby the critic » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:36 pm

MARIO/GOD OF BEAUTY wrote:CONGRATULATIONS TO LAURA BUTLER .SHE IS GOOD FRIEND OF MY CONTACT HERE IN THE STATES..SHE WILL DO A GOOD JOB WITH THE MISS JAMAICA WORLD AND MISS WORLD ORGANIZATION...WHAT A SIGH OF RELIEF...I AM GLAD THAT REGINA BEAVERS IS NOT INVOLVED... =c3 =c3 =c3

LOL MARIO. WHERE HAVE U BEEN AND WHY DIDNT YOU BUY THE FRANCHISE? A MAN OF UR CALIBER SHOULD BE RUNNING THINGS DOWN IN JAMAICA AND PICK THE GODDESSES TO GO TO MISS WORLD.

I WAS ON THE MISS WORLD SITE JUST NOW BUT THERE IS NO NEWS ABT JAMAICA YET. IF THIS NEW LADY LAURA IS SMART SHE CAN PUT HERSELF ON JULIA'S GOOD SIDE TO GET A HIGH SCORE LIKE PHILIPPINES IN 2011. LOL
Last edited by the critic on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the critic

Postby the critic » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:40 pm

miss_ting wrote:
kristof wrote:

Had to research to find the winner of 2011- haha..so forgettable, that Croskill, most would agree she was a horrible choice, given the line up. Miss 69- you called her Kristoff. If Butler was behind McCreath, it shows she has a keen eye...McCreath shouldve won, not the Harvard Graduate. I bet she supported Deanna Robins too, we need to move more along the lines of Deanna, and less of these average, plain jane types who require lots and lots of makeup, to look even 1/2 decent...

@-) @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) @-) @-)
GOSH WHAT AN UGLY CHICK. I COULD NOT BELIEVE JAMAICA SENT HER TO MISS WORLD THAT YEAR WHEN THEY HAD AN EBONY GODDESS LIKE CHAVAY, CHANTEL DAVIS AND THE ASIAN GIRL, MAYA.
the critic

Postby the critic » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:48 pm

ITS ON THE MISS WORLD SITE THAT MISS WORLD, WENXIA WILL BE IN HAITI, WITH MR WORLD, MISS UNITED STATES AND JULIA MORLEY TO DO CHARITY.

ISNT DEEANA MISS WORLD CARIBBEAN AND SO CALLED BWP AMBASSADOR???
HOW COME THEY DIDNT INVITE HER NOW THAT THEY ARE IN THE CARIBBEAN WHERE DEANNA IS THE REP? AND JAMAICA IS SO CLOSE TO HAITI!! :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P

I NEED TO GIVE MADAM JULIA A CALL. :#)]
the critic

Postby yellowyam » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:22 am

miss_ting wrote:

as long as you keep out of it, everything will be fine. You made a mess of MUJ 2012 last year (chantal zacky)..LoLLLL, leave the work of BEAUTY, to the real experts PLS..Thank U!

Miss_ting I can't with you. You are too darn funning lol.
yellowyam

Real Life Name/Nick: Alex
Date of Birth: 23 Apr 1981
Profession: MANAGER
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: reading and running
Message: Write a message here thanks for making me apart of your great team.

Postby chellomellow » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:41 am

the critic wrote:ITS ON THE MISS WORLD SITE THAT MISS WORLD, WENXIA WILL BE IN HAITI, WITH MR WORLD, MISS UNITED STATES AND JULIA MORLEY TO DO CHARITY.

HOW COME THEY DIDNT INVITE HER NOW THAT THEY ARE IN THE CARIBBEAN WHERE DEANNA IS THE REP? AND JAMAICA IS SO CLOSE TO HAITI!! :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P

I know Steve. We chat online lolzz
─▀██▀▄███▄─ ▀██─██▀██▀▀▀█─
──██─███─███─██─██─██▄█──
──██─▀██▄██▀─▀█▄█▀─██▀█──
─▄██▄▄█▀▀▀─────▀──▄██▄▄▄█

[youtube]1rmr_z5bWgo[/youtube]

TEAM TYA JANE
chellomellow
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Date of Birth: 16 Dec 2008
Profession: I am an Angel sent from heaven ❤
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Dancing, Reading, Music, Drawing, Anime, Piano

Postby cassie » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:18 pm

I hope Laura Butler and her franchise partners keep the decay that was the former MJW franchise under Spartan holder James over the past few years at arms length. It's time for a new and refreshing era of pageantry, glam and beauty with a purpose...not beauty with INTERFERENCE !
cassie

Real Life Name/Nick: CASS
Date of Birth: 10 Jun 1973
Profession: PR
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: BEAUTY AND LIFESTYLE ISSUES
Message: The thing always happens that you really believe in..and the belief in a thing makes it happen

Postby miss_ting » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:04 pm

chellomellow wrote:
the critic wrote:ITS ON THE MISS WORLD SITE THAT MISS WORLD, WENXIA WILL BE IN HAITI, WITH MR WORLD, MISS UNITED STATES AND JULIA MORLEY TO DO CHARITY.

I know Steve. We chat online lolzz

I saw this too, and wondered WTF. Even Miss USA was invited, why not JAMAICA?? Can someone check with Spartan??..or Deannas REPS??.JAMAICA is right next door to HAITI, wouldve been great publicity too, this was a diplomatic blunder considering! I think BILL CLINTON just arrived in Haiti also...
miss_ting

Postby Frank Speech » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:33 pm

Congratulations to the new franchise holder. It seems that Jamaica will send another stunner this year given the very positive comments I have read about the caliber of Ms. Butler. =c3
Frank Speech
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 10 Jul 1980
Profession: Research
Hobbies/Interests: internet, movies, music

Postby kristof » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:59 pm

miss_ting wrote:
kristof wrote:

The irony of 2011...one of the best batch of contestants yet from it came one of the worst Miss Jamaica World winners.
kristof

Postby miss_ting » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:16 pm

kristof wrote:
miss_ting wrote:
kristof wrote:

The irony of 2011...one of the best batch of contestants yet from it came one of the worst Miss Jamaica World winners.

so very true..it was the on stage Q&A that caused the chaos throwing judges & everyone off guard- so glad they aborted that!! A winner only need to show major potential at that stage in the game & at least be conversant, no need to get too political or serious with Q&A & be put on the spot!! On another note, what do y'all think of Danisha?? Nice pic !!

miss_ting

Postby Frank Speech » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:06 am

I don't care what anyone else says - I think Danisha has great potential to do well internationally but she obviously needs alot of prep.
Frank Speech

Date of Birth: 10 Jul 1980
Profession: Research
Hobbies/Interests: internet, movies, music

Postby miss_ting » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:55 am

Frank Speech wrote:I don't care what anyone else says - I think Danisha has great potential to do well internationally but she obviously needs alot of prep.

yes frank, agree. its the growth I admire, she seem to have a lovely spirit. They need to reach out and work with these girls. Chavoy needed help too, but by the time they got to her she was already 25 going 26 & virtually engaged :). Danesha is still young, has a perfect body which could possibly win beach beauty MW. She also has model skills, hopefully she can get some good mentoring, grooming, styling..MW has never crowned an afro queen, is it impossible?? ..I think not.
miss_ting

Postby yellowyam » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:52 am

Frank Speech wrote:I don't care what anyone else says - I think Danisha has great potential to do well internationally but she obviously needs alot of prep.

Her body is perfection and she is very stunning in motion. I saw a video of hers and she is drop dead stunning. Pictures doesn't do this young lady any justic whatsoever
yellowyam

Real Life Name/Nick: Alex
Date of Birth: 23 Apr 1981
Profession: MANAGER
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: reading and running
Message: Write a message here thanks for making me apart of your great team.

Postby miss_ting » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:30 pm

yellowyam wrote:

Her body is perfection and she is very stunning in motion. I saw a video of hers and she is drop dead stunning. Pictures doesn't do this young lady any justic whatsoever

She could be the first Jamaican to win MW Beach Beauty!! :)
miss_ting

Postby cassie » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:29 pm

miss_ting wrote:
yellowyam wrote:

She could be the first Jamaican to win MW Beach Beauty!! :)

Well, she's already participated in 2 pageants and performed well. She should have come a good way by virtue of that and if she hasn't then the outcome for her will be the same. I agree she needs sensible and smart personal attention to get over any hurdles she still faces....why don't one of you guys sponsor her to an intensive 3 month preparation abroad...in your home cities of NYC or TORONTO and give her the training to develop that 'edge' and 'confidence' to win the MJW crown this time !
cassie

Real Life Name/Nick: CASS
Date of Birth: 10 Jun 1973
Profession: PR
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: BEAUTY AND LIFESTYLE ISSUES
Message: The thing always happens that you really believe in..and the belief in a thing makes it happen

Postby kristof » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:34 pm

On another note, what do y'all think of Danisha?? Nice pic !!

All Danisha would want is professional grooming and training at the highest level. She would do well in Top Model and Beach Beauty. The problem is that Jamaica doesn't always give strong support to the contestants or winners. If you notice most MJWs seem to reach their peak AFTER THE FACT. I hope this new franchise holder can turn hat around.
kristof

Postby miss_ting » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:32 pm

kristof wrote:
On another note, what do y'all think of Danisha?? Nice pic !!

All Danisha would want is professional groomingw and training at the highest level. She would do well in Top Model and Beach Beauty. The problem is that Jamaica doesn't always give strong support to the contestants or winners. If you notice most MJWs seem to reach their peak AFTER THE FACT. I hope this new franchise holder can turn hat around.

well said kristof, I totally agree !! If you can, pls share this observation with new franchise holder. It seems hard to believe that a few sponsors couldnt be retained to help the winner with grooming, styling-after MJW is crowned. They need professional help, hair, makeup,styling to enhance their features which help them feel more relaxed comfty in any setting, day or night, casual or formal. I still believe if Deanna Robins had some expert help, she couldve won Miss World. Im a huge fan, but some of the outfits she wore in China were dull & unflattering, even the ill fitting gold gown she wore during finale. She needed help with hair & makeup. My 2 cents..Am sure sponsors would help, if they were approached in the right way...and saw some benefit.
miss_ting

Postby kristof » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:55 pm

http://missosology.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=184342
Miss Universe Jamaica started auditioning today at Spanish Court.

Any news on the entrants?
kristof

Postby miss_ting » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:17 am

a few girls turned out Kristoff, nothing to write home about :). Just look at MUJ prizes, very vague..cash prizes, they wont say how much..vacation packages, they wont say whether local or overseas...scholarships, to where??
Last edited by miss_ting on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
miss_ting

Postby miss_ting » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:23 am

Miss WOrld in Haiti. There was a time when MW winners use to be pretty, even kids here look startled. LoL. Am still confused why Jamaicas Deanna wasnt invited though, is it possible MW is pissed that Spartan pulled out?? Anyone know?

miss_ting

PreviousNext

Return to Miss World