Beauty: Physical appearance or Brain and heart power?

Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!

Beauty: Physical appearance or Brain and heart power?

Postby Islander1 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:17 pm

Most, if not all of us on here evaluate a contestant based on what we see of her, i.e. facial structure, height, body, hair, catwalk and etc. Sometimes when we look at a pic we say “ahh she is not looking good, she is going down on my list” and another pic we are like “OMG!!! She is a GODDESS!!!” Then, it comes to the coronation night, and we are shocked because our so called “goddess” or our no. 1 pick is left clapping in the background, while a girl that was overlooked all the while and in our mind a clapper to the nth level happily takes her country one step closer to that coveted title, and we are like WTF???? How did she get there?????

While we are all sitting, still wondering how the world this girl and that girl made the cut, we hardly stop to think that there was a part of the competition that we the public eye don’t get to see.

Yes, in every pageant there is a private interview with the contestants and judges and this section of the competition plays a crucial role in determining the semi- finalists for that particular pageant. Here, the judges get to see beyond the face of that individual, in other words “who she really is under that skin and flesh”. The thing we the public eye hardly ever sees. This is where the not so beautiful girls get to show that even though they are not striking on the outside, they can make up for it from the inside. And in my opinion, this is where these girls make an impact on the judges, slapping them (not literally) in the face saying “I’m deserving of that spot, even though my face is not beautiful like hers”. This is where the impossible becomes possible.

Two perfect examples of this situation are:

India: Shilpa Singh (Miss Universe 2012 top 16)- she went to Vegas bashed to death, and many of us thought she would be clapping. However, she was the second to last semi finalist to be called into the top 16. Even though she gave an average performance in the prelims, her face didn’t scream the x- factor and many of us did not expect her in the top 16. In my personal opinion, I think the interview helped her. We all know Asia has some of the smartest people in world, while Shilpa was not a genius; she was smart and funny on her web interview. I think she made her final impression with that. While there are other theories as to how she made the top 16, I made an assumption from what I observed (no bashing please).

Turkey: Cagil (Miss Universe 2012 top 16)- again, many of us did not had her in our final prediction list, but she made the semis. She wasn’t a favorite and she was beautiful, but didn’t had the x- factor as well, while she did pretty well in the prelims, I think she cemented her spot with her interview. What I observed is that she is not very fluent in English, but she was funny. When asked “if the world was going to end tomorrow, what is one crazy thing you’ll do?” she said she would steal the Miss Universe crown and take pics with it. I thought it was funny, even though she was not very confident in herself.

My point is: we make assumptions from what we see (which is sensible), but when it comes to beauty, physical appearance is not the main factor; it is how well someone backup that striking face.

Lesson: pay keen attention to that web interview.

NO BASHING PLEASE!!!! [-O< [-O< [-O<

Miss Universe 2021 Top 3

USA
SPAIN
INDIA
Islander1
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 17 May 1994
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Volleyball.

Re: Beauty: Physical appearance or Brain and heart power?

Postby Courtney Shayne » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:22 pm

I'd rather have India and Turkey than that plain platypus any day.
I gave up my old ways when I let Jesus take the wheel.
Courtney Shayne
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Real Life Name/Nick: Courtney Alice Shayne
Date of Birth: 21 Jul 1986
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Prom Queen
Hobbies/Interests: Life ruiner

Postby Islander1 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:35 pm

Courtney Shayne wrote:
I'd rather have India and Turkey than that plain platypus any day.

True!!! =;)) =;))
Miss Universe 2021 Top 3

USA
SPAIN
INDIA
Islander1

Postby Islander1 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:52 pm

The Glamorous wrote:Well Bodine must of showed her private parts to the judges. That's all she can do in her favor.
Make controversy and look like a PIG.

Atleast Bodine was a diva on stage, unlike Olivia who only had a face and USA sash to win
Miss Universe 2021 Top 3

USA
SPAIN
INDIA
Islander1

Postby Nina Cleopatra » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:59 pm

Honestly I don't think India and Turkey made it through the Preliminaries. I think Mr. Trump placed them in the semis for reasons that have already been disused in this forum. He even mentioned some girls via twitter. I think he was sending a signal of the girls he placed. He said those where the most talked about girls in the competition and we all know that was not the case.
Nina Cleopatra

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1984
Profession: Queen
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: Be Pampered
Message: Who's in charge of the girls?.. I'M IN CHARGE OF THE GIRLS!

Postby jaysign3x » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:05 pm

i like puerto rico and france but the two are both surprises!!!!
jaysign3x
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: jay
Date of Birth: 24 Jul 1984
Profession: business process manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: pageant, reading, writing, table tennis, badminton

Postby KUKULKÁN » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:07 pm

Being 100% honest, all my predictions are always based in BEAUTY, PERFORMANCE and POLITICS... That is why my top 15/16 is always a mix between pretty and ugly girls... However, at the end of the day, deep inside, I really hope a stunner win the crown finally, which almost never happened in recent years... In my very personal opinion, the winner MUST be beautiful, because if she's joining it's because she wants to win and if she wants to win it's because she knows what is all about right? so...
KUKULKÁN

Date of Birth: 14 Feb 1985
Profession: .
Hobbies/Interests: .....

Postby Islander1 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:14 am

Nina Cleopatra wrote:Honestly I don't think India and Turkey made it through the Preliminaries. I think Mr. Trump placed them in the semis for reasons that have already been disused in this forum. He even mentioned some girls via twitter. I think he was sending a signal of the girls he placed. He said those where the most talked about girls in the competition and we all know that was not the case.

True, i remember India was mentioned in that tweet and everyone that he mentioned placed. I guess Turkey was a wild card just to fool people.
Miss Universe 2021 Top 3

USA
SPAIN
INDIA
Islander1

Postby Islander1 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:17 am

jaysign3x wrote:i like puerto rico and france but the two are both surprises!!!!

I liked both of them. Bodine was my first runner up and while i didn't had France on my pg list, i actually fell in love with her during the final night.............i love how she introduced herself.
Miss Universe 2021 Top 3

USA
SPAIN
INDIA
Islander1

Postby Islander1 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:22 am

SANTI MENdbER wrote:
Being 100% honest, all my predictions are always based in BEAUTY, PERFORMANCE and POLITICS... That is why my top 15/16 is always a mix between pretty and ugly girls... However, at the end of the day, deep inside, I really hope a stunner win the crown finally, which almost never happened in recent years... In my very personal opinion, the winner MUST be beautiful, because if she's joining it's because she wants to win and if she wants to win it's because she knows what is all about right? so...

Couldn't agree with you more. I choose my girls base on their face, which i think is a bad habit because most of them end up being clappers. Miss Universe is a beauty pageant and i agree with you that a stunner needs to win. However, Miss Universe is full of politics and it is impossible to tell what can happen because they are going to do anything to get their ratings up.
Miss Universe 2021 Top 3

USA
SPAIN
INDIA
Islander1

Postby ColombianDiva » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:25 am

You're absolutely right!! That's why I'm not a big fan of saying "this girl was robbed" (Of course there are exceptions, very WTF exceptions) but I have always thought that if a girl makes the cut or Clap, IS FOR A REASON, but people don't stop to think about it.
[youtube]GscL_I4ccv8[/youtube]
ColombianDiva
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Fernanda
Date of Birth: 17 Aug 2016
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Who cares
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: TV Series, Beauty Pageants.
Message: "You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have"

Postby Islander1 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:32 am

ColombianDiva wrote:
You're absolutely right!! That's why I'm not a big fan of saying "this girl was robbed" (Of course there are exceptions, very WTF exceptions) but I have always thought that if a girl makes the cut or Clap, IS FOR A REASON, but people don't stop to think about it.

Yup, with Trump being the owner of the pageant we can expect anything. But then again there are no proof of why this girl made it and why that girl didn't make it, we all assume what probably happened. Its Miss Universe, it's a business......gotta expect the unexpected.
Miss Universe 2021 Top 3

USA
SPAIN
INDIA
Islander1

Postby Islander1 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:36 am

The Glamorous wrote:
Islander1 wrote:
The Glamorous wrote:Well Bodine must of showed her private parts to the judges. That's all she can do in her favor.
Make controversy and look like a PIG.

Atleast Bodine was a diva on stage, unlike Olivia who only had a face and USA sash to win

Ha! Comparing Bodine with Olivia is like comparing WALMART(BODINE) Vs Chanel (Olivia).

Chanel

WALMART pig nose.

:-*

If it weren't for that USA sash hun, Olivia would've been a top 16 finisher or a background clapper as well. I like Olivia's face and i'm not going to bash her because of you, she didn't do anything to me. So, go and sleep and rethink a strategy of how to not become a wannabe basher :-*
Miss Universe 2021 Top 3

USA
SPAIN
INDIA
Islander1

Postby ColombianDiva » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:46 am

Islander1 wrote:
ColombianDiva wrote:

Yup, with Trump being the owner of the pageant we can expect anything. But then again there are no proof of why this girl made it and why that girl didn't make it, we all assume what probably happened. Its Miss Universe, it's a business......gotta expect the unexpected.

Yes obviously business are part of all the pageants in the world, but what I mean is that there are more reasons than just business, maybe judges saw something in a girl that we didn't, and that's why the girl place or clap, don't you think?
That's why I find unfair for example that just because people don't like someone, they have to say that her placement was WTF.
[youtube]GscL_I4ccv8[/youtube]
ColombianDiva

Real Life Name/Nick: Fernanda
Date of Birth: 17 Aug 2016
Profession: Who cares
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: TV Series, Beauty Pageants.
Message: "You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have"

Postby Islander1 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:54 am

ColombianDiva wrote:
Islander1 wrote:
ColombianDiva wrote:

Yes obviously business are part of all the pageants in the world, but what I mean is that there are more reasons than just business, maybe judges saw something in a girl that we didn't, and that's why the girl place or clap, don't you think?
That's why I find unfair for example that just because people don't like someone, they have to say that her placement was WTF.

I agree with you!!! I mean we are on a site seeing pics of the girls and just decide from that. But the judges gets to spend time with them, find out what their strengths and weaknesses are etc and then make their decision based on who they think is best fit, while we are "ohh she is pretty i'll put her in my list, she will definitely place". Then she doesn't place and the first statement that appears is "WTF??????????? She placed and she didn't, how is that possible??? That pageant is rigged etc..........and because all of us has different opinions on here it'll never stop.
Miss Universe 2021 Top 3

USA
SPAIN
INDIA
Islander1

Postby Courtney Shayne » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:59 am

WE ALL KNOW WHO PLACED BECAUSE OF RATINGS AND BUSINESS AND BECAME A RUNNER UP WITH THAT JURASSIC FACE, RIGHT? >:)
Courtney Shayne

Postby Islander1 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:03 am

Courtney Shayne wrote:
WE ALL KNOW WHO PLACED BECAUSE OF RATINGS AND BUSINESS AND BECAME A RUNNER UP WITH THAT JURASSIC FACE, RIGHT? >:)

Hehe if you dont mind me asking who is that runner up?
Miss Universe 2021 Top 3

USA
SPAIN
INDIA
Islander1

Postby Courtney Shayne » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:08 am

Islander1 wrote:
Courtney Shayne wrote:

WHO HAD THE MOST OBNOXIOUS AND NOISY FANS WHO LITERALLY SHOWED THE WHOLE WORLD HOW PATHETIC AND SHALLOW THEY ARE? :-*
Courtney Shayne

Postby Islander1 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:10 am

Courtney Shayne wrote:
Islander1 wrote:
Courtney Shayne wrote:

WHO HAD THE MOST OBNOXIOUS AND NOISY FANS WHO LITERALLY SHOWED THE WHOLE WORLD HOW PATHETIC AND SHALLOW THEY ARE? :-*

hehe
Miss Universe 2021 Top 3

USA
SPAIN
INDIA
Islander1

Postby Courtney Shayne » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:18 am

The Glamorous wrote:
Courtney Shayne wrote:

Actually hun i'm above you in the basher scale. Don't bash my Olivia. xoxo :-*

Sweetie, I love Olivia. That girl is pure class and sophistication. :hx
Talking about a certain runner up who looks like a platypus? :->
Courtney Shayne

Postby Courtney Shayne » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:22 am

The Glamorous wrote:
Courtney Shayne wrote:
The Glamorous wrote:
Courtney Shayne wrote:

Sweetie, I love Olivia. That girl is pure class and sophistication. :hx
Talking about a certain runner up who looks like a platypus? :->

Oh yes honey boo. That "it" only placed due to the trolls at Planet Hollywood.

Trump was scared those trolls will burn the place down if that duck face princess didn't place. HOW THIRD WORLD! :-t
Courtney Shayne

Postby Islander1 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:25 am

The Glamorous wrote:
Courtney Shayne wrote:

@Glumorous what is your definition of a successful basher?
Miss Universe 2021 Top 3

USA
SPAIN
INDIA
Islander1

Postby Islander1 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:35 am

The Glamorous wrote:
Islander1 wrote:
The Glamorous wrote:
Courtney Shayne wrote:

There's no such thing honey boo. There's only one category for a basher and that is BASHER.

na na na there is has to be a point where a failure is distinguished from a successor
Miss Universe 2021 Top 3

USA
SPAIN
INDIA
Islander1

Postby Islander1 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:02 am

The Glamorous wrote:
Islander1 wrote:
The Glamorous wrote:
Islander1 wrote:
The Glamorous wrote:
Courtney Shayne wrote:

There's no such thing honey boo. There's only one category for a basher and that is BASHER.

na na na there is has to be a point where a failure is distinguished from a successor

Yes well. Bodine failed and i laughed hard at her sentimental face when they called the top 16. That's a big fail. Oh yes.

Apart from that she's a cheap princess and gold digger.

Yes that is failure. :-*

He gives her what she wants, she gives him what he wants..............what's bad about that? How many people don't date guys and girls triple their age.........just like me, i dont and wouldnt go out with someone below 23. I'm a GOLD DIGGER TOO!!! =b =b =b
Miss Universe 2021 Top 3

USA
SPAIN
INDIA
Islander1

Postby Islander1 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:15 am

In that case you have to aim to 100+ and older. You're not that cute hun. :-*

Hahhaha your opinion doesn't matter.............i have my people who thinks i'm good for them................and Bodine has hers. =; =3
Miss Universe 2021 Top 3

USA
SPAIN
INDIA
Islander1

Postby maldita_salvaje » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:38 am

BEAUTY PHYSICAL APPEARANCE THE OTHER OPTIONS ARE SYNONYMOUS TO HYPOCRISY IN BEAUTY PAGEANTS! NEXT!
NAG SEX LANG TAYO, HINDI KITA MAHAL.
maldita_salvaje
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: HADA ARIDA
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2000
Profession: EVIL GODDESS
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: BEAUTY AND TROLLING
Message: I'm all for natural beauty. If you're not naturally pretty, you don't impress me! BITCH!

Return to GENERAL