Let's Recollect your moments of MISS UNIVERSE !!

Re: Let's Recollect your moments of MISS UNIVERSE !!

Postby XAMURAI » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:05 pm

Mine started at Miss USA 1986 (delayed telecast)..................

=c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3

...... and the rest, is history....

My Interview for GMA Western Visayas

[youtube]0UHn679-4P4[/youtube]
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping

Postby Islander1 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:16 pm

2008:
First Miss Universe i saw and i was so confused as to what was happening. When they announced Mexico as 4th runner up, i thought she won, just to be told by my aunt she didn't win.........after that i was going for Colombia and she went 1st runner.............Dayana was a good choice.

2009:
Didn't see the live telecast. In Guyana, many people didn't had computers etc and i wasn't sure when the pageant was to watch.

2010:
Haven't seen the live telecast.

2011:
Well, at that time i wasn't following Miss Universe that much and someone posted on fb it was showing and told me the wrong channel.

2012:
Well, things happen in this year that i didn't like. My first runner up was excluded, mediocre girls made it and my beloved Daniella clapped.........plus SA (winner for my prediction) clapped for the top 5.

*I have seen all the pageants for the 2000's and some in the 90s.
Miss Universe 2021 Top 3

USA
SPAIN
INDIA
Islander1
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 17 May 1994
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Volleyball.

Postby SylvieDreamer » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:30 pm

2003 - I watched it with my mom and grandma, they were all cheering for Sanja Papic, but I wanted Amelia to win! She still remains my fave Miss Universe ever!

2004 - I've watched it just because of Amelia, I never liked the winner and I never will. So overrated.

2005 - This is the first pageant I saw online, with my neighbor. I fell in love with Cynthia, my second favorite Miss Universe contestant.

2006 - I've seen the pageant several days later

2007 - Never saw it. I've seen some parts on the internet, but I haven't seen the whole pageant.

2008 - Online

2009 - This was the first time I started to read about pageant on the internet. As far as I remember it wasn't on broadcasted on the TV, because of the Kosovo situation, but I saw it online.

2010 - Watched it with my friends, so we could laugh together at Lidija Kocic

2011 - Saw it online, as a memeber of Misso forum

2012 - I fell asleep, I watched it several days later.

My three favorite pageants are in 2003, 2005 and 2008.
SylvieDreamer
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: SILVIA
Date of Birth: 23 May 1993
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe

Postby freddy26 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:45 pm

Mine:

1994--I was on my third grade, my first time exposure to pageants and believe it or not we watched it in school since our head teacher loved pageants that much...
Well, we had an assignment then.. The difference of HIGH TIDE and LOW TIDE..It was a fun summer school for the third grade. :%)) :%)) :%))

1995--Gosh, I missed this as I have to attend to mass.. It was televised in the morning in conflict with my mass sched... Sad.. #:-S

1996-- I don't remember anything...

1997-- Got in love with my Brook Lee... I have fallen in love with BROOK LEE three times...lol. :hx :hx :hx

1998-- Not aware that this pageant exist... haha...i don't know..

1999-- Got to look with a TV with a good antenna... Got really a bad signal covering RPN 9 shows

2000-- Sad... I don't know which tv network covered it.. I missed it... But just read it in papers...VERY DISAPPOINTED that my NINA RICCI did not make it... I loved her so much..

2001-2005-- I simply lose interests in watching pageants...

2006-- I was very excited this time for I know that Philippines sent a very worthy candidate... Much to my dismay, the very ARTICULATE LIA ANDREA failed to make the first cut... It's as if my HEART ripped out and left me to die... :%((

2007-- Not interested in watching...I know Philippines will clap.. I just find ANA THERESA so plain and boring... sorry..

2008-- Making my case digest...I hate the overconfidence of JENNIFER... I was not cheering for Miss Philippines this time.. @-)

2009-- I was making my pleadings for our MOCK TRIAL, .. Gosh! No asian candidate made the first cut... Turned off the TV,.. I just believed that time that BIANCA should be at least in the top 15..

2010-- I was confined in a hospital... 2 days before the pageant,I was bumped by a motorcycle.. Watching it live in my room with bondages in my arms and legs... Cheering for the gorgeous VENUS...

2011-- Well, I gave my students a long pre-final exam to cover the entire sched.. I went to the Dean's office where they are cheering for the lovely SHAMCEY..

2012-- Haha... I cooked 2 kilos of sphag for those neighbors of ours who wanted to watch Miss Universe in our house... 24 of them watched.. So it was a happy experience.. Supporting the fierce JANINE..
Last edited by freddy26 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

A True to Life Story

My Way of Loving You: A Short Story of Hyacinth and I-- viewtopic.php?f=1&t=179988
freddy26
ANGELS are the nicest persons of the forum.

Real Life Name/Nick: Sith
Date of Birth: 07 Feb 1991
Profession: Teacher
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Chatting

Postby wayne » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:01 pm

1999----- we had a vacation to philipines... and thats the year i started to like beauty pageants... i was disturbd with people shouting cheeerrring oh yeah because philippines was called in the semis.... i want to focus more in watching but i cant because my mom looked at me like it is a crime for a young guy to watch pageant.... rrrrrrrrrrrrr

and our gurl Mareva Galanter didnt even made it... and i am rooting for gul panag, (i started to like indian beauties)

2000------ back to france for..... our gurl Sonia Rolland was called in semis , my school buddy and i shouted.... our teacher scold us because we are noisy...

2001--- im in vacation in philippines again and as expected i joined the other people watching along the street... Élodie Gossuin made the cut yahooooo

2002-2009 -------- out for school very busy....

2010------ i watched this alone because i dont want anyone to see me watching pageant hahahaha and my gurl Malika Ménard is sooooo in

2011----- as usual i watched this alone and my all time favorite ms. france Laury Thilleman was a very hit =)

2012----- my girl friends are in front of the tv while i am at the back pretending that i dont like pageant, but when marie payet was called? we are all jumping like crazy, i hope they didnt notice that i am more fanatic than them... hahahahahaha
wayne
TOP MODELS are BEAUTIFUL people.
TOP MODELS are BEAUTIFUL people.

Real Life Name/Nick: Wayne Afev
Date of Birth: 29 Sep 1994
Profession: Management Lead
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Internet Surfing

Postby freddy26 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:02 pm

Rajat wrote:
frederick26 wrote:

2012-- Haha... I cooked 2 kilos of sphag for those neighbors of ours who wanted to watch Miss Universe in our house... 24 of them watched.. So it was a happy experience.. Supporting the fierce JANINE..

THIS IS WHERE I ENVY PHILIPPINES !!!

In my country pp will BOOT me ou of house if i watch pageants and think I AM A RETARD, But when there is cricket match we will gather and have diner and watch on big screen !!!

I WANT PAGEANTS TO BE LIKE CRICKET MATCH IN INDIA

It was really a fun-filled experience Admin RAJAT.. :-* :-*

A True to Life Story

My Way of Loving You: A Short Story of Hyacinth and I-- viewtopic.php?f=1&t=179988
freddy26

Real Life Name/Nick: Sith
Date of Birth: 07 Feb 1991
Profession: Teacher
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Chatting

Postby Adnan » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:27 pm

1994 was my first Miss Universe experience. It was a holiday (Ramadhan) and I was all alone at home. Everyone went to a nearby mosque to pray. I had no idea that there was Miss Universe pageant to be held in the country prior to this. It was shown here live in the Philippines early in the morning and I watched it again later that night. I was in total awe of Sushmita Sen. I didn't like Minorka Mercado at first. I didn't care about Carolina Gomez either. All I wanted was for India to win and she did.
Adnan
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: IHateThis
Date of Birth: 25 Dec 1984
Profession: None
Hobbies/Interests: Eating

Postby MissRanking » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:50 pm

2008 was the first year I watched Miss Universe. I remember i was like wtf when Kosovo, Russia, Italy were called but now I see why because their all gorgeous! I also remember when USA came out in the Evening Gown and she fell. The first words that went through my head "Well thats gonna be on the news tomorrow" And of course it was! I was very happy with the winner!

2009 I watched the pageant alone. I really did not like Venezuela, this was also the first time I watched the preliminary competition and It was set in my mind Venezuela would not make the top 15. When she won, gosh I was so shocked. I like Ada, Gona and Rachel so much more. USA should have worn her prelim gown on finals night it was so much better. I was also shocked when Croatia made the Top 15.

2010 I watched this with my mom and was almost positive USA would make it and when she didnt I wanted to change the channel but I didnt! I continued to watch and I thought Jamaica would win, I really liked her! In the end Mexico won and I was very happy with the result. Shes gorgeous!

2011 One of my favorite productions, I had around 13/16 right for the top 16 which I was very happy about. I really thought Malaysia was going to make it that year but I was wrong unfortunately. Kosovo, USA, and Netherlands deserved a top 10 spot. Pissed at the end result. Although Leila looked gorgeous that night after appearances and photos she looked very old. I like Olesya and thought she would have been a much better Miss Universe.

2012 Of course I was very happy because my home state girl won Miss Universe! I doubted her I must admit because I placed her as 2nd runner up. I shouldnt have! Anyway I was very pissed with the Top 16. Girls like Puerto Rico, Colombia, Czech Republic all should have made the cut. India? Like really..

So yea those were my experiences, I've only been watching pageants since 2007, Miss USA was the first one I watched.
MissRanking
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 28 May 1994
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: None
Hobbies/Interests: //////

Postby bonparisien » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:09 pm

I started watching in 1994 live and have not missed a single event save 2005's edition when I was on a backpacking trip when the Miss Universe live telecast aired. :">
bonparisien
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 04 Dec 1986
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Photographer
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Films, TV shows, traveling, pageantry, photography

Postby MariaAndreina » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:18 pm

2004: First time I watched Miss Universe. I was just 11 years old and I still lived in Ecuador back then. I can remember perfectly the excitement everyone had because Ecuador was hosting the show. Everyone loved Susana Rivadeneira and it was amazing to see her making it all the way to the Top 10. I remember the gorgeous Shandi Finnessey and Jennifer Hawkins holding hands, and Jennifer has been my favorite Miss Universe ever since. :hx

I didnt watch Miss Universe from 2005-2007, although I remember watching the crowning moment in 2007.

2008: I watched Miss Universe for the first time since 2004 and this one was the one that got me hooked with pageants. After 2008, I've watched 2009-2012 as a pageant fan and its always interesting to hear what the normal people think of the girls the day after. Since Miami is full of latinos and the area where I live is full of Venezuelans and Colombians, Miss Universe is always a must watch !
Last edited by MariaAndreina on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MariaAndreina

Real Life Name/Nick: Maria
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

Postby Gossip girl » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:30 pm

I follow Miss Universe since I was a little girl (around 1992-1993). Since then, luckly I haven't lost any televised coronation :-P
[youtube]nQb4bMIG2IY[/youtube]
Gossip girl

Date of Birth: 04 Oct 1985
Profession: Counselor
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty pageants

Postby wiltz13 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:45 pm

wow I love reading your Miss Universe Milestones.... thanks to the threadstarter!!
THE 50 MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMEN IN BEAUTY PAGEANTS FOR 2019
[youtube]QtMelpGpA3A[/youtube]

THE 50 HOTTEST MEN IN PAGEANTS FOR 2019
[youtube]Gm9StyiCTPc[/youtube]
wiltz13

Real Life Name/Nick: D'Pageant Buff
Date of Birth: 13 Jun 1986
Profession: Beauty Pageant Analyst <<<
Hobbies/Interests: pageants

Postby LADY WINTER » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:41 pm

It was only in 1987 when I started to appreciate Miss Universe because I was fascinated with Pebbles de Asis making the missosology cut. The next year, I was hoping that our morena delegate Perfida Limpin would make the cut but alas, she was ignored. I so loved Angela Visser because I was stunned when I learned that she can speak 5 languages.

Actually, I followed Miss World before Miss Universe. I was never a big fan of Binibining Pilipinas then and even now. I was a Mutya ng Pilipinas follower. This is when Sherry Rose Byrne represented Philippines in 1986 in Miss World. So proud of her. She was my bet since nationals.

I was able to watch some of the pre-pageant activities of 1994 Miss Universe. I was only 18 then. Lol. Right after my Summer Exam in Thermodynamics, I hurried up to witness the Filipiniana Parade slash Santacruzan from Intramuros to Luneta. I was able to see Venezuela, Belgium, Israel, Greece, and many others in Luneta Parade in the afternoon and then later in the evening near Fort Santiago - Palacio del Gobernador parade. There I saw Dayanara Torres in her divine mother of pearl beaded white Filipiniana. I think right after the parade, the girls headed for the Preliminary Competition at the PICC Plenary Hall.
LADY WINTER

Real Life Name/Nick: LADY WINTER
Date of Birth: 06 Dec 1973
Profession: Head Bitch In Charge
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants and Movies

Postby XAMURAI » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:17 am

I believe that the original Missosologists around me were my parents, aunties and elder female cousins... =;))

In 1986, my mom was rooting for Miss Mississippi at Miss USA. At least, that's how I remembered it. She was so upset everytime she saw that Texas and Ohio scored higher than her bet. =;)) I could not understand why she really loved Mississippi. Worse, Mississippi was only declared 3rd Runner-up... >:)

A few months/weeks later, Miss Universe came with the infamous "People's Power Republic of the Philippines" line of Violeta Naluz! =;)) =;)) And when I saw her prelim swimsuit score... it was 6 something... =;)) =;)) =;)) According to my mom, it's "hopeless"! >:)

Miss World was a better story because Miss Philippines made it into the semis, and she was crowned as Asia's Queen of Beauty. But back then, all I could remember was seeing a very beautiful black winner from Trinidad and Tobago. Even my mom was happy for her victory, although I remember her rooting for Halle Berry (the one who beat my mom's Mississippi), who competed at Miss USA months before. =;))

And of course, in 1987... Pebbles de Asis!!! The individual scores were shown on TV, so that made the pageant really exciting. I remember seeing everyone around the TV carrying a pencil, piece of paper and calculator! =;)) =;)) =;)) Sorry to my Venezuelan friends, but they really condemned your bet that year for placing 5th, while the Philippines was in 6th place. If there was a Missosology that time, it would be a disaster! =;)) =;)) =;))

Anyway... since then, pageant viewing has been exciting, but for me, I was more interested with Miss USA because of Texas winning almost every year.

Anyway, my father is the best pageant viewer because of his nonsense and sexist comments, especially when watching Binibining Pilipinas!!! My mom even slapped him once when he made a comment "Daku puke..." =;))
My Interview for GMA Western Visayas

[youtube]0UHn679-4P4[/youtube]
XAMURAI

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping

Postby PrinceBakod » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:51 am

Miss Universe 2012 WAS THE ONE SO MEMORABLE TO ME.
I WAS SO THANKFUL FOR MY HEAD NURSE FOR GIVING ME THE DAY OFF ON DEC. 20TH, I WAS ABLE TO WATCHED THE PAGEANT TOGETHER WITH MY NIECE AND NEPHEWS IN MY FLAT. WE FEASTED ON A BIG BOWL OF SPAG WHILST WATCHING IT!

WHILE THEY WERE CHEERING ON WILDLY FOR JANINE, I JUMPED OUT OF THE SOFA FOR JOY EVERY TIME MARIE PAYET WAS CALLED! AT FIRST THEY GAVE ME THEIR BLANK STARES, THEY THOUGH THAT I MISHEARD THE WORD FRANCE AS PHILIPPINES IN THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF TOP 16!

LATER DID THEY KNOW THAT ASIDE FROM JANINE, I SO LOVED MARIE PAYET!
:!! :!! :!! :!!
PrinceBakod

Real Life Name/Nick: Prince
Date of Birth: 26 Mar 1986
Profession: RN
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: reading, movies, sex

Postby kristof » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:49 am

Up until 1998 I didn't know Miss Universe existed. I thought there was only Miss World or they were both the same. I was 8.
I remember people were excited about Trinidad's win.

1999 Jamaica made told 10 but I fell asleep before it was over. My friend told me about Mpule's wide mouth reaction the next day at school.

I didn't follow again until 2002. I remember those ugly pant suits they wore in the opening and there were 79 contestants, all beautiful.

I watched my first full length Miss Universe in 2003 when Vega won.

2004 I was almost sure Jamaica would finally win. Our girl.Christine Straw made top 10.

2005 was nice even though Jamaica flopped. Canada performed well and I was was shocked to see a stumpy figure Miss USA in the top 5.

2006 to 2008 I watched for the sake of watching.

2009 I watched with more enthusiasm but JamaicIa didn't place.

Then came 2010. I stalked Facebook and joined missosology to follow Yendi's journey to the crown.

I watched last 2011 and was thrilled by Leila and again in 2012, live on NBC As I have watched since 2004.
kristof
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS are creative minds & beautifiers of the forum.
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS are creative minds & beautifiers of the forum.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1990
Profession: Artist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Internet, Pageant, Music

Postby Juan Sebastian » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:00 am

Here's mine:

1980 something-2003 watched clips on youtube

2004 ~ Me and my family just immigrated to the United States from Colombia and everyone in my family was watching it and I started paying attention when Colombia, Chile, and USA all made the top 15 and I was hooked!

2005 ~ I watched with my family again, and all I remember was being shocked about the exclusions of Adriana Tarud and Renata Ruiz and when Natalie and Cynthia were standing together we were all rooting for Cynthia but when Billy Bush announced that Miss Universe was Canada, we all turned it off!

2006 ~ I was in Colombia at the time and I was switching channels a lot but I don't really remember it!

2007 ~ I watched it by myself, I remember being shocked when Rachel Smith fell and I was rooting for Honey Lee and Ly Jonaitis! This was the 1st year I actually made a prediction

2008 ~ One of my favorite years ever, my entire family came out to Las Vegas to watch with us and cheer on my beloved Taliana Vargas :hx :hx :hx and I remember everyone was going insane when she was in the final 2 but we were okay with Dayana's win

2009 ~ I watched on my own! One of the worst years in Miss Universe history! NONE of my top 3 placed so that was special in a bad way lol but it turned out to be good since Stefania was an amazing Miss Universe!

2010 ~ It was in Las Vegas that year so I obviously went and it was really memorable seeing Ximena's crowning live because she turned out to be one of the best Miss Universe's ever!

2011 ~ I watched alone in my dorm but I turned it off when Catalanka Robayo and Prischiila Mashadoou made the cut but I turned it back on 5 minutes later

2012 ~ I was there live because it was in Vegas but this year was a bad year!
[youtube]Dq_uy1qcO-k[/youtube][youtube]5hXShNmEc44[/youtube][youtube]tQbbdvmyjS8[/youtube]
Juan Sebastian

Real Life Name/Nick: Juan Sebastian
Date of Birth: 06 Apr 1990
Profession: Pharmacist
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: music, gambling & miss universe
Message: Like give it up at this point. It's me, I win, you lose hahahahaha

Postby jczevahc » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:41 am

2006- i only watched half of the show cuz i didnt really know that Miss Universe was showing that day. love love zuleyka in EG portion! i knew from there she would win!
2007-first time to really watch it full show!i loved it! the stage is so fantastic, simple yet very elegant. :7
2008- i haven't watched it live cuz of school! 3:)
2009- i skipped my hospital duty just to watch it but the show was really dissapointing! one of the worst set of semi finalists. love stefania after few months of her reign.
2010-hospital duty again! ~X( i only watched the national costume parade, and then i left in the cafeteria where i was watching cuz my clinical instructor would be pissed if she knows im out just to watch the Miss Universe show. i watched the full show on replay but it wasnt really that exciting :%(( =O/
2011- i skipped class again, love leila during the EG portion, she looks like a real winner, but im not a fan of her boring reign and personality..
:)>-
2012- Xmas vacation, no need to skip class or duty, i was really disappointed cuz TAMAR, BODINE AND TEREZA were left out! :%((
jczevahc
CUTIES are ADORABLE & CUTE members.
CUTIES are ADORABLE & CUTE members.

Real Life Name/Nick: jc
Date of Birth: 06 Jan 1992
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: designs, pageants, fashion

Postby kiddolovesit » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:32 pm

1987 – We were rooting for Geraldine to enter the top 5, but she was edged out by Laurie Simpson. We were all enthralled by the elegant Roberta Capua, but in the end Cecilia Bolocco won.

1988 – We knew Perfida Limpin would not place; her styling was way off the host country’s preferences. We thought Courtney Gibbs was very beautiful but underscored. Obviously the judges preferred the East Asian beauties, but at least the most capable of them won. I really thought Pauline Leong was not pretty.

1989 – I had a swimming trip with friends and wasn’t able to watch the live telecast. When I got home, my family was very disappointed with Sweden’s first runner-up finish. They thought she should have won. When I watched the replay alone later that evening I thought Angela Visser really owned the night.

1990 – We loved Miss Norway and her eventual victory. We also liked Miss Bolivia a lot. Miss Colombia’s national costume was awesome.

1991 – Lupita Jones clearly was the frontrunner but the sweetness of Yuliya Lemigova and the tasteful sassiness of Pauline Huizinga almost caused her problems. Obviously I still love Yuliya, as you can see in my signature.

1992 – We thought Madhu Supre had it but she cracked under pressure in the final question. We thought Paola Turbay would win. Not really a fan of Michelle McLean.

1993 – Namrata Shirodkar would’ve shaken things up if she didn’t falter in her answer in the top 6. Dayanara came out of nowhere and won. She was not like the usual glamazons that Puerto Rico sends to Miss Universe.

1994 – Sushmita, Minorka and Carolina were like racehorses in a deadheat. The final question really decided their placements. We watched all events of the pageant since this was staged in the Philippines.

1995 – Manpreet Brar almost gave India its Miss Universe back to back, but Chelsea Smith changed things. I really didn't like Miss South Africa that time, too weak for competition.

1996 – Alicia Machado showed everyone how to dominate a pageant and effectively put an end to the trend of timid beauty queens.

1997 – Brooke Lee was a very lucky girl. When the frontrunners Denny Mendez and Verna Vasquez failed to impress in the top 5, Brooke got in the top 3 and the most significant question of the night landed in her lap. Miss Estonia was just crazy, vivacious and sexy.

1998 – Wendy was a serious competitor. Veruzka was a smart, carefree woman who aced the swimsuit and final question but still placed 2nd. Joyce Giraud was sexy and cute in her final answer.

1999 – Mpule was another lucky girl who got the crown when the frontrunners Miriam and Diana failed in the final question. That time I was busy studying I just saw it when I accidentally switched channels.

2000 – Lara was given serious competition by Claudia Moreno, but the final question was where she distanced herself from the pack. Helen Lindes was very sexy. I can’t forget Kim Yee’s boobs.

2001 – Evelina should have won, and Eva in 2nd place.

2002 – Oxana swept the competition, but Justine looked very sweet and Zuo Ling was just adorable.

2003 – I wasn’t able to watch this until 2005. There were news af Amelia’s bad behavior but they were never proven.

2004 – I wasn’t able to watch this until 2005. Jennifer got this fresh, beach girl vibe that Shandy did not have. Yanina should have placed higher.

2005 – I almost cried for Monica.

2006 – Guilty. I loved Lourdes Arevalos, her classy walk and her gown. Everyone thought Kurara would win, but Zuleika was just invincible.

2007 – Riyo Mori gave the best performance of the night and was very stylish.

2008 – Taliana led the competition and Dayana was close at her heels, but when she choked in the final question, Dayana saw her opportunity.

2009 – I have great admiration for Stefania, not just for the back to back, but by winning despite numerous bashings, heavy competition and Dayana’s reputation as one of the best titleholders in history. Zeynep was underscored. My friends and I laughed at Whitney Toyloy's gown. =;))

2010 – Venus had the most to lose that night. She had a legitimate shot for the crown if she gave a decent answer. Ximena was consistent in all areas of the competition and won the title. The semi slots were wasted on Jitka Valkova, she looks very Trump Card along with Cilou Annys.

2011 – I was at home mending a torn ligament and walking in crutches. I thought, if Shamcey gave a more “global” answer, she would have ended with the title OR 1st runner-up. Leila owned the night.

2012 – We watched this in the office pantry. I had maintenance personnel switch the channel to Star World that day. Janine was flawless throughout the whole competition, but MUO’s changing trend elected Olivia as the winner. Objectively speaking, I still believe Olivia should not have advanced to the top 5.

note: my personal opinions only. :)>-
kiddolovesit
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Kiddo
Date of Birth: 29 Aug 1913
Profession: Writer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, blogging

Postby jaya_castro » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:37 pm

THE 1993 MISS WORLD WAS THE FIRST LIVE PAGEANT I WANTED TO WATCH LIVE. MY EXCITEMENT TO THAT IS COMPARABLE TO ANOTHER CHILDHOOD FAVORITE - WWF WRESTLING FEDERATION. HAHA.

I WAS ONE OF THOSE MANY FILIPINOS WHO WERE DISMAYED WITH THE RESULTS WHEN RUFFA JUST SETTLED WITH 2ND PRINCESS.

FAST FORWARD TO DECEMBER 1993, ABS-CBN CHANNEL 2 BEGAN AIRING THE PLUG FOR MISS UNIVERSE 1994, LIVE IN MANILA. I CAN STILL REMEMBER THE LOOK AND SCORING (SOUND EFFECTS) OF THAT PLUG.

SINCE THEN, I FOLLOWED THE DEVELOPMENTS ABOUT MS. UNIVERSE 1994 AIRED THROUGH ABS-CBN SHOWS.

I MISSED THE LIVE EDITIONS OF CHELSEA SMITH (1995) AND ALICIA MACHADO (1996). BUT NEVER AGAIN AFTER THOSE.

IN 1999, MIRIAM QUIAMBAO ALMOST GOT IT, A RADIO STATION ANNOUNCED HOWEVER THAT SHE ENDED AS 1ST RUNNER UP INSTEAD. I WAS WATCHING IT LIVE, OR SHOULD I SAY THE DELAYED TELECAST.

THE EXPECTATIONS WERE GINORMOUS FOR MIRIAM'S SUCCESSOR NINA RICCI ALAGAO. MY FRIENDS AND BATCHMATES WERE ATTENDING TO AN SUMMER UPCAT REVIEW WHEN WE DECIDED TO SPEND OUR LUNCH BREAK OVER BARRAGING THE NEARBY STORE WHICH HAS TV TO SEE MS. UNIVERSE. UNFORTUNATELY, IT WAS NOT BEAMED LIVE. THERE WERE TECHNICAL GLITCHES WHICH WAS WHY MISS UNIVERSE 2000 WAS NOT AIRED LIVE. IT WAS ONLY IN THE AFTERNOON AND THROUGH STARTALK WHERE WE LEARNED THAT NINA DID NOT MAKE THE CUT.

I BECAME ACTIVE IN CONTRIBUTING IN MISSSOLOGY SINCE GMA 7 AIRS BB. PILIPINAS. IT GAVE ME SOME SORT OF A HOME COURT ADVANTAGE. I BECAME A FAN, ALL THE MORE I AM ACTUALLY DOCUMENTING THE Bb. Pilipinas CANDIDATES FOR BOTH MY SHOWS AND MISSOSOLGY, THEIR PREPARATIONS UP TO THEIR SEND OFF PARTIES. IT STARTED WITH THE BATCH OF BIANCA MANALO (Bb. Pilipinas 2009). WHEN VENUS RAJ, THE LAST WINNER AIRED IN GMA, WAS CROWNED MS. UNIVERSE 2010 4TH RUNNER UP, ENDING A DECADE DROUGHT OF THE PHILIPPINES, IS WHAT I CONSIDER TO BE THE MOST PIVOTAL.

:-* :-*
I AM ALLERGIC TO UGLINESS BECAUSE I AM A FILIPINO - IMELDA MARCOS
jaya_castro

Date of Birth: 05 Jun 1983
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: EXECUTIVE PRODUCER
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: FASHION, MUSIC, DESIGN, ARCHITECTURE, MEDIA

Postby fran » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:28 pm

I've started watching Miss Universe in 1984 same as Miss Teen USA, while Miss USA in 1983...Love those 3 pageants... :!!
fran

Real Life Name/Nick: franc
Date of Birth: 16 Mar 1974
Profession: back office rep
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: pageant

Postby Atomik » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:04 pm

This thread should be called: "I only watch Miss Universe when my country places"
Atomik
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: calussurf
Date of Birth: 28 Mar 1990
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Profession: Lesbian
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Lesbic stuff
Message: LESBIAN LESBIAN LESBIAN LESBIAN LESBIAN LESBIAN LESBIAN LESBIAN LESBIAN LESBIAN LESBIAN LESBIAN LESB

Postby jaysign3x » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:23 pm

I started watching it in 1992. I so love Australia - Georgina Denahy that time. the rest is history!!! I was only in my first grade that time!!!
jaysign3x
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: jay
Date of Birth: 24 Jul 1984
Profession: business process manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Hobbies/Interests: pageant, reading, writing, table tennis, badminton

Postby tresure » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:45 am

my experiences:

2001- I was 11, my daddy just said there is miss universe on TV, I was like..what the hell is that.?
Later that night me, mum and dad watching together, we pull out our bed sofa
My mum n dad didn't make it thru the crowning, they fell asleep.LOL!

2002-we watched together again, and everybody at home was amazed with oxana,
My dad loving china's witty "look at me" answer.
He also said he wanna date a firefighter if they look like miss venezuela.LOL!
It was informed she was trained as firefighter prior the pageant.

2003-we watched it together again, amelia was the clear favorite.
We amazed with sanja butt while she walking and low back cut of ms. SA gown.WOW
My mom like carla tricolli face as miss photogenic.

2004-we watched different show, I have my own TV, I was rooting for shandi and
I didn't know who the hell was this australian girl, from beginning she was under
the radar. But she was deserving enuff.
Amazed with ecuador stage and susana rivadeneira, this girl had bad teeth but really
Modelesque and somehow sexy.

2005-watched it alone. The show seems running for more than 2 hours.
Thailand was a good host. Natalie was the clear winner. My dad switch channel for
a while and yelled from downstairs, venezuela is really beautiful!!

2006-watched it comfortably at home.

2007-watched it at my dorm with my friends. It was my college year. My friend went shocked
When the plain riyo mori won.

2008-watched it with friends. My friend got nasty with russia's teeth

2009-got sumthin to do for my class project. I watched the delay.
Hearing venezuela won again was out of my mind. And all I remember from browsing
Missosology was her gum

2010-2011 watch it in my dorm. 2011 is my last college year.

2012-this year I watched it in my house again.
tresure

Real Life Name/Nick: GERRY
Date of Birth: 28 Feb 2008
Profession: STUDENT
Hobbies/Interests: NOTHING

Postby BoSoxFan73 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:19 pm

Atomik wrote:This thread should be called: "I only watch Miss Universe when my country places"

Or in my case, when my home state does well. I watched Miss Universe 2007 hoping Rachel Smith would win so Danielle Lacourse could be Miss USA then Rachel fell =O/ =O/ =O/ & I was so =/ . I didn't watch a Miss Universe again until 2012. I also took the day off and stayed away from caffeine for the whole day.
BoSoxFan73

Real Life Name/Nick: Pete
Date of Birth: 04 Aug 1973
Profession: customer service agent
Hobbies/Interests: too many to list
Message: Bringing the intelligence of Miss USA's home state #TeamOlivia

Postby BoSoxFan73 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:22 pm

For those that watched Miss Universe 2012 live in Vegas, how loud really was the crowd for the final 2?
BoSoxFan73

Real Life Name/Nick: Pete
Date of Birth: 04 Aug 1973
Profession: customer service agent
Hobbies/Interests: too many to list
Message: Bringing the intelligence of Miss USA's home state #TeamOlivia

Postby MARIO/GOD OF BEAUTY » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:31 am

THE MISS UNIVERSE BEAUTY PAGEANT WAS NEVER ON MY RADAR UNTIL IN 1986. I HAVE ALWAYS WATCHED THE MISS WORLD BEAUTY PAGEANT.I STARTED WATCHING MISS WORLD IN 1979 WHEN DEBBIE CAMPBELL OF JAMAICA PLACED 2ND RUNNER UP....
ANYHOW HERE IS A RUN DOWN OF MY MISS UNIVERSE JOURNEY... :-D

1986...........BARBARA PALACIOS OF VENEZUELA WON AND SHE WAS JUST AMAZING.THAT YEAR WAS MEMORABLE FOR ME AS IT WAS MY FIRST TIME WATCHING MISS UNIVERSE ON TV.THIS IS BECAUSE MISS UNIVERSE WAS NOT A POPULAR PAGEANT IN JAMAICA AND I WAS A HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT AT THE TIME AND DID NOT CARE TO FOLLOW IT.I ONLY FOLLOWED THE PAGEANT THAT YEAR BECAUSE I WANTED TO SEE JAMAICA,S REP LILLIANA CISNEROS.

1987...........CECILIA BOLOCCO OF CHILE WON IT.I SLEPT THROUGH MOST OF THE PAGEANT THOUGH....

1988............I DID NOT WATCH THE PAGEANT THAT YEAR.INSTEAD I SAW PREVIEWS OF IT ON THE NEWS.THAILAND WON AND IT SEEMED LIKE IT WAS AN ASIAN INVASION.LOL

1989..............ANGELLA VISAR OF THE NETHERLANDS WON.BECAUSE OF SANDRA FOSTER IT WAS MY FIRST TIME EVER TO SHOW SO MUCH INTEREST IN THE PAGEANT .SHE BECAME THE FIRST EVER JAMAICAN BEAUTY TO HAVE PLACED AMONG THE TOP 10 AT MISS UNIVERSE.SANDRA FOSTER WAS ALSO A POPULAR MODEL AND BEAUTY SENSATION ACROSS THE CARIBBEAN.SHE WAS ALL OVER PRINT MEDIA.THE FOLLOWING YEAR SHE WON THE 1990 MISS INTERCONTINENTAL BEAUTY PAGEANT IN ARUBA.

1990............MISS NORWAY WON BUT I PREFERRED USA.I BECAME A BIG FAN OF MISS UNIVERSE SO MUCH AFTER 1989 THAT IN 1990 I DID EVERYTHING I COULD TO SUPPORT MISS USA.SHE WAS THE FIRST BLACK WOMAN FROM THE USA TO HAVE PLACED 1ST RUNNER UP.I HAD WANTED CAROLE GIST TO WIN SO MUCH. :%(( :%(( :%(( WHAT A BEAUTY!

1991...........MEXICO WON THE PAGEANT THAT YEAR AND I THOUGHT SHE DESERVED IT.SHE WAS SO FIERCE.I THOUGHT KIMBERLEY MAIS OF JAMAICA SHOULD HAVE PLACED 1ST RUNNER UP INSTEAD OF 4TH RUNNER UP .SHE WAS TECHNICALLY THE PRETTIEST OF THEM ALL.THAT YEAR WAS JAMAICA,S FIRST TIME TO HAVE MADE THE TOP 5..A BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT. =D> =D>
1992..........MICHELLE MACLEAN OF NAMIBIA WON.I THOUGHT SHE WAS POISE AND ELEGANT BUT SHE WAS NOT MY FAVORITE.MISS COLOMBIA WAS MY FAVORITE.I WAS BUSY WITH WORK AT UNIVERSITY AND DID NOT WATCH THE WHOLE PAGEANT..

1993............MISS PUERTO RICO WON THAT YEAR AND UNFORTUNATELY I DID NOT WATCH THE PAGEANT THAT YEAR.MAYBE BECAUSE I WAS MORE INTERESTED IN MISS WORLD AT THE TIME.THAT YEAR I WAS BUSY WORKING AS A FULL TIME TEACHER AT THE HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL AND WAS VERY BUSY.I SAW PICS OF MISS PUERTO RICO AND SHE WAS ACTUALLY VERY PRETTY.

1994..........MISS INDIA WON IT..I DID NOT WATCH THE PAGEANT THAT YEAR EITHER....SUSHMITA,S VICTORY PLACED INDIA ON THE BEAUTY MAP BIG TIME.

1995..........CHELSEA SMITH OF USA WON AND I WATCHED THE PAGEANT FROM START TO FINNISH.SHE WAS MY FAVORITE ALL ALONG.I KNEW SHE WOULD HAVE WON..AND I LOVED SOUTH AFRICA AS THE HOST.

1996..........MISS VENEZUELA WON AND I THOUGHT THAT SHE DESERVED IT..I WATCHED THE WHOLE PAGEANT.I WAS MORE INTERESTED IN THE PAGEANT AT THIS TIME BECAUSE I MIGRATED TO THE USA...

1997...........BROOKE LEE OF USA WON BUT I DID NOT WATCH THE PAGEANT.I WAS IN SCHOOL IN GEORGIA AND THERE WAS NO TV IN MY DORM.LOL :%))

1998.........WENDY FITZWILLIAM OF T&T WON THAT YEAR.BUT MY FAVORITE WAS VERUSHKA RAMIREZ.I ONLY SAW THE COWNING MOMENTS OF THIS EDITION.I WATCHED THE DELAYED VERSION.WENDY LOOKED GREAT IN HER EVENING GOWN AND WAS VERY POPULAR AMONG MANY BLACKS THAT YEAR.

1999........MISS BOTSWANA WON THAT YEAR.I WATCHED THIS EDITION FROM START TO FINNISH.I THOUGHT MPULE WON BECAUSE OF HER ANSWER TO THE QUESTION AND SHE WAS POISE AND HAD NATURAL ELEGANCE.HOWEVER, MY FAVORITE THAT YEAR WAS MIRIAM QUIMABAO OF THE PHILIPPINES.MY FAVORITE FILLIPPINA.I ALSO THOUGHT THAT JAMAICA SHOULD HAVE PLACED HIGHER.

2000.............MISS INDIA WON AND I LOVED HER...SHE WAS AMAZING...MY FAVORITE.... :=p

2001...........MISS PUERTO RICO, DENISE QUINONES WON....EVEN THOUGH I LIKED DENISE ,MY FAVORITE THAT YEAR WAS MISS GREECE.

2002............OXANNA FEDOROVA OF RUSSIA WON...THIS YEAR WAS MY FIRST TIME POSTING ON PBK...AND I WAS A HUGE FAN OF MISS RUSSIA....SHE LOOKED LIKE A GODDESS IN THAT GOWN..

2003..........AMELIA VEGA OF DOMINICAN REPUBLIC WON.SHE WAS SO BITCHY, AND I LOVED IT...HER PICS WERE ALL OVER NEW YORK.SHE WAS VERY POPULAR THAT YEAR. I ALSO LIKED MISS BRAZIL....

2004..........MISS AUSTRALIA WON AND I WAS SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS PAGEANT BECAUSE I THOUGHT JAMAICA HAD A HUGE CHANCE OF WINNING.BUT CHRISTINE STRAW WAS PLACED 7TH.SHE WAS AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL...MY TOP 5 WERE......USA,AUSTRALIA, JAMAICA, UKRAINE AND PARAGUAY.

2005...........MISS CANADA WON AND I WATCHED THE PAGEANT FROM START TO FINNISH.I THOUGHT IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST TOP 5 EVER.MISS PUERTO RICO WAS AMAZING....

2006...........ZULEYKA RIVIERA OF PUERTO RICO WON.SHE IS MY FAVORITE PUERTO RICAN QUEEN.SHE WAS SO FIERCE AND SEXY...SHE STOMPED ON ALL HER RIVALS THAT YEAR.I KNEW SHE HAD IT IN THE BAG FROM THE START.BUT I WOULD HAVE REPLACED USA WITH MEXICO AMONG THE TOP 5.

2007...........MISS JAPAN WON....I DID NOT WATCH THE WHOLE PAGEANT BUT I SAW THE DELAYED VERSION.I REMEMBER WATCHING THE SWIMSUIT SEGMENT AND THE EVENING GOWN....JAPAN WAS READY TO BATTLE..LOL BUT MISS BRAZIL WAS MORE BEAUTIFUL.

2008..........DAYANA MENDOSA OF VENEZUELA WON.AND SHE DESERVED IT..SHE IS A FULL GODDESS OF BEAUTY...I WAS SO SAD WHEN THE MAJOR GODDESS INGRID MARIE RIVIERA MISSED THE CUT... >:< >:< >:< >:< >:<

2009.............STEFANIA FERNANDEZ OF VENEZUELA WON AND I WAS PISSED.I THOUGHT THAT ADA AIME DE LA CRUZ SHOULD HAVE WON.ADA WAS ROBBED....ADA DESTROYED THE GIRLS ON STAGE. IT WAS A VERY CONTROVERSIAL YEAR.STEFANIA LOOKED THE BEST IN THAT RED GOWN AND HER HAIRSTYLE MADE HER STOOD OUT FROM ADA.

2010............MISS MEXICO WON AFTER A HARD FOUGHT BATTLE FROM YENDI.I THOUGHT JAMAICA WAS GOING TO WIN..BOTH GIRLS WERE AMONG MY TOP 3 THAT YEAR...MY PREDICTIONS WERE ALMOST PERFECT.THIS WAS THE YEAR WHEN I WAS SO EXCITED ABOUT MISS UNIVERSE BECAUSE I HELPED IN YENDI,S PREPARATION BY SENDING ADVICE TO HER MENTOR... :!! :!! :!! :!!

2011...........MISS ANGOLA WON....I WAS A BIT SURPRISED WHEN SHE WON BECAUSE SHE WAS 5TH PLACE ON MY LIST.I THOUGHT THAT MISS CHINA OR MISS USA WAS GOING TO WIN THAT YEAR.MISS PHILIPPINES,SHAMCEY SUPSUP, SURPRISED ME AND LOOKED STUNNING THAT NIGHT.SHE DESERVED HER TOP 5 SPOT....BUT AFTER WATCHING THE PAGEANT I COULD SEE WHY LIELA LOPES WON.LIELA LOOKED AMAZING ON STAGE IN THAT GOWN. :=p

2012..............MISS USA WON AFTER A LONG DRAWN OUT YEAR.THE PAGEANT BECAME BORING AND I LOST INTEREST.I MUST CONFESSED THAT I DID NOT WATCH THE PAGEANT THAT NIGHT. BUT I THOUGHT MISS USA LOOKED GREAT AND HONESTLY I THOUGHT MISS VENEZUELA WAS THE BEST ONE THAT NIGHT.
BEAUTY POLICE

[youtube]ikNGBSkFgjE[/youtube]
[youtube]rekP2iwhT5Q[/youtube]
MARIO/GOD OF BEAUTY
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: MARKETTING EXECUTIVE
Hobbies/Interests: GYM,SPEED WRITING,

Postby Arduina » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:53 am

Well as you certainly know now Miss Universe is not a "big deal" enough to be broadcast on a public channel on French TV ... :%(( =O/ =/

We can only watch it on a private, cable channel :( That sucks big time !!!!

Since we never had great results I only was watching the coronation, later on youtube and was discovering the face of the winner at that moment.

That was before Chloé ;) Since she's the one who gave us the placement vibe again, I try to get more information now. And since Laury, I'm here on Misso and getting really interested in it, following it all year long :)
Image TEAM FRANCE
Arduina

Date of Birth: 03 Dec 1978
Profession: Quality System Manager
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

Return to Miss Universe