UNOLOGY Season 2: OASIS of the Desert

Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:52 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Literally, an OASIS is defined as a fertile spot in a desert where water is found. And just like in the middle of the desert, such magnificent talents of three Filipinos who chose to live in Dubai can be described as one.

On the 15th issue of UNOLOGY, I believe that it is about time for me to introduce to the world - three Filipino designers who were all based from my previous home, Dubai, whom were even tagged as the "trinity of fashion" in the Middle East.

In situation as such that world had embraced the many genius talents of Filipinos worldwide, I guess these three designers deserve a space in my UNOLOGY, as all three of them had carried the "Philippines" in every fabulous things they have created.

As they say, Filipinos are generally looked up to in the international workplace. We are a bunch of industrious and highly proficient people. Thus, a lot of people believe so much in Filipino talent.

As we all know, fashion is a continuous study and all we need for us to always be updated with what’s happening outside the fashion world is for us to be very innovative, assertive, dynamic and driven. We all have to be true with ourselves and it is essential for all of us to create something that would surely be remarkable.

And to top it all, we all need to have passion for whatever we do just like these three world class Filipino designers -- Ezra Santos, Furne One', and Michael Cinco.

And in my book, they are called OASIS of the Desert!

It's about time to get to know them a little better.

Ezra Santos

Two years back, inside Dolce and Gabanna at Dubai Mall, I saw this Filipino guy with this very unique Louis Vuitton bag. He saw me staring at his bag and when I asked him if that was expensive, he simply smiled and answered me that it is not expensive at all. That was my first face to face encounter with this guy.

A graduate of Bachelor of Fine Arts, Major in Interior Design in Philippine Women’s University, and later took up some courses in Central Saint Martins in London, Dubai-based couturier Ezra Santos is considered as one of the FINEST JEWEL in the world of fashion today and one of the most influential figures in the Middle East/Gulf fashion industry. His creations along neo-classic lines with an edge, are often anticipated as a barometer of what's to come in the region's ever-exciting fashion landscape. His clientele reads like a who's who of international celebrities, true-blue Arab royals and equally affluent women of discerning taste and repute.

When asked to what motivated him as a designer, he said that it’s a God-given gift, that even at his early age, when he was in grade school, he used to draw a lot and was so fascinated with the ball gowns that he used to see in black and white movies. That’s where his passion in making luxurious dresses started. Right after high school, he took up fine arts, and his love for fashion became more intense as he had always been so passionate about fashion.

And as of his design philosophy, Ezra mentioned that he always make it a point to come up with unique designs and give them a personal touch. All his designs are made for each individual’s taste and style. Therefore, he insisted that it is all very "exclusive".

Whenever Ezra do a collection, he see to it that it has to have a storyline. He even compared it just like a movie, it has to be dramatic and full of life. And to get inspiored, Ezra would travel abroad to be motivated. Foreign museums and architecture is said to be of great help in gathering ideas and it stimulates his mind to come up with designs and start his collections.

He is a self-confessed fan of the late Monsieur Dior, Alexander McQueen, and Erté.

But how did Ezra Santos evolved as a designer?

In one of his interview, he mentioned that after working as an in-house designer for almost ten years with a top couture house in Dubai, he felt his career was getting stagnant. This is the time he started to think of taking a step further. That’s when he decided to open his own atelier named "EZRA".

From then on, it has been a great career move for him, and he can't thank God enough.

Ezra is indeed very blessed with a career that spans years of hard work and perseverance. Through the years, he had established a good name in the industry that he can be truly proud of.

It is rather fitting that he had enjoyed some ''best moments'' in his career. A couple of years ago, he presented his first gala show "In The Beginning" to thunderous applause in Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai. A few months later, he received a standing ovation as he presented "Afrique d' Or" at New York Fashion Week.

Ezra is likewise proud of garnering warm reception and even more good reviews in his very first foray at Philippine Fashion Week 2011 in Slim's at 50. And most recently, his two-piece collection in Swarovski's Sense of Two was so well received that he even got offers to dress up some international celebrities on the red carpet.

So what is next for Ezra?

Ezra hopes to start a prêt-a-porter line of wedding dresses or a ready-to-wear brand for New York City.

Below are some of his breathtaking creations.

http://ezrafashiondesign.com/web.htm

Furne One

Another Dubai-based designer, Furne One had make a name for himself and with his opening salvo, he is the go-to-man for Heidi Klum.

Yes, you heard it right, for three years in a row the international supermodel has called on One (pronounced O-nay) to dress the aspiring models she hosted for the reality based television program Germany’s Next Top Model.

Working out of his Satwa studio in Dubai, One has his dedicated workers whipping up the intricate designs all year round. Originally from the Philippines as well, he has found his niche in Dubai with a strong local following. But with his ties to Heidi Klum, who spotted his designs online at his website, who knows where his talents will take him.

As a designer and owner of his brand, Amato Haute Couture, he celebrated his natural ability to craft extravagant and artistic designs, had quickly made his way up the fashion ladder and is regarded as one of the most hotly anticipated designers on the global fashion stage.

But when and where did Furne One really started?

First, Furne One was mesmerized by fashion from an early age having inherited his Mother and Grandmother’s love for beautiful clothes and began sketching at the age of ten. His first foray into the fashion world saw him win the MEGA Magazine Young Designer of the Philippines Award in 1994; a competition judged by key fashion players including Josie Natori. Natori saw Furne’s potential and offered him an apprenticeship at his New York design house. It was here that Furne was able to further explore and indulge his passion for fashion.

In the same year, Furne also scooped the first prize at Japan’s Women’s Wear Awards and just three years later he went on went on to become a finalist at Manila’s Fashion Designer Awards.

In 2002, Furne opened his first boutique, Amato, meaning “beloved”, in Dubai to provide his elite clientele with an unrivaled array of hand stitched designs and intricately detailed creations. Known for his creative flair, Furne’s design credentials soon saw him inundated with offers for his work.

After following the rise of the Amato success, in 2007, Swarovski commissioned Furne to design a glittering bridal dress which featured in their limited edition book, Unbridaled. Furne’s collaboration with Swarovski did not end there and he has since partnered with the brand to produce show-stopping collections for its Crystalised Swarovski Elements events.

Just like what I've mentioned earlier, it was in 2008 when Furne’s imaginative creations caught the eye of the European fashion elite at Germany’s Next Top Model and he was invited to be a special guest designer in the shows season finale with supermodel Heidi Klum. The tremendous response to his collections resulted in a reprise of this role for the following three years, a move which rocketed Furne One and Amato Couture onto the international fashion centre stage.

A regular on the catwalk at international fashion weeks including London, Dubai, Los Angeles and Miami, Furne is one of the most desirable rising talents in the fashion world, which is further demonstrated by the long list of celebrities who include Amato Couture as one of their red carpet favourites. Celebrities who can be seen wearing Furne’s creations include supermodel Heidi Klum, singing sensations Jennifer Lopez, Katy Perry, Shakira, Heidi Klum, Nicole Scherzinger, Amber Rose and Nicki Minaj.

2012 will be a monumental year for Furne One and Amato Couture following the successful opening of the brands first boutique in the US, in Los Angeles and plans to expand further.

When asked about the keys to his success, Furne shares that it’s about diligence. "Hard work and diligence. But, you know, there are so many talented designers everywhere so I think you also need a little luck. Being in the right place at the right time. I was lucky," he said with a smile.

Below are some of Furne One's creations:

Shakira wearing Amato creations.

Natasia Bedingfield wears Amato Haute Couture.

http://furneone.com

Michael Cinco

I was fortunate to know this wonderful and very down to Earth talented designer who is currently making waves in world of fashion internationally. And with all of his hard work, his creations was seen at America's next Top Model wherein he brought to the world the undeniable Filipino talent.

The picturesque place that provided Michael Cinco with a lush setting where his imagination would run in wild abandon was the very same place where he was born-- South of Samar, Philippines.

As a child Michael was very fond of watching old Hollywood movies in black and white and envisioned those fabulous heroines painted in his mind with a myriad of colours, dressing up the glamorous women with his imaginary creations in their severe chignons and deadly stilettos, conjuring up grand entrances. He grew up watching beautiful classy women as he went chasing that dream and finding it.

By year 1988, Michael was a state scholar taking up Fine Arts in a reputed university in the Philippines. He took up fashion courses in 1991 and started to design hotel and office uniforms in a Japanese firm by the year 1992.

Michael was persuaded by a friend to work in Dubai. Moving to the Middle East was a big leap for him; however he took the plunge because he believed that this region is reckoned to be the haven of haute couture.

In 1997, Michael moved to Dubai. His first job was very challenging…he was about to change the image of a slightly staid big fashion house. ” I was so scared and don’t know what to do but eventually had the courage to reinvent the image of the house and I think the Dubai fashionistas eventually saw the catcher of an edgy, new young designer.” Michael says. Soon the fashionable woman of Dubai has been choking on their Carpaccio as he began to inject a new vigour into couture.

Michael left Dubai for London and Paris to study special fashion courses in prestigious Central Saint Martin’s School of Art in 2002 to honed and broaden his craft.

By the year 2003, Michael went back to Dubai to open his own couture house with a business partner. He is now the creative director of Michael Cinco Haute Couture that caters mainly on fabulous wedding gowns and unique evening dresses.

He wowed audiences abroad as he joined the Miami Fashion Week last year and his couture dresses has been worn by prominent divas and celebrities. His controversial dress in Emmy Awards last year made a stir on the red carpet as it was worn by famous Filipino actress Angel Locsin when she was nominated for best actress category.

In search for inspiration Michael states ” I travel a lot…my visual research ranges over many cultures and periods. Every item that interests me is collected in my mind to be used as possible future stimuli…i believe all artists are eclectic “borrowers” throwing wide their nets in search for inspirations.

So what's new with Michael Cinco?

Bench collaborated with the famous designer Michael Cinco and launched a very fresh scent called Impalpable.

Below are some of Michael Cinco's creations:

Bea Alonzo in a Michael Cinco masterpiece.

Anne Curtis wearing Micael Cinco gown.

Fergie wearing Michael Cinco creation.

http://www.michaelcinco.com/

Indeed, to be represented by these Filipino talents worldwide in the field of fashion is such a wonderful thing.

It is a breath of fresh air when Sandra Seifert wore a Michael Cinco gown in 2009 when she represented the Philippines at Miss Earth. She even bagged the Best in Gown award.

Last year, Gwendoline Ruais was given the opportunity to parade an Oliver Tolentino gown at Miss World. And this year, Queenierich Rehman is given the same opportunity, to wear a gown created by a FILIPINO for a FILIPINO in the person of Michael Cinco. Well' thanks Jonas and Miss Cory Quirino.

Upon knowing news as such, I cant help but wonder, why are BPCI (if it's true that they have a contract with Barraza) has to patronize other nationality to dress our very own Philippine representative.

Ezra Santos himself once said that Filipino designers are so good because they are trained with limited means. As back home in the Philippines, they're supposed to be resourceful and ultracreative to make something amazing out of the simple materials available. So what's with Antonio Barraza then? Is it because he is a fellow Colombian just like of Mrs. Stella Marquez de Araneta?

Well, we can all hope for what is best for the Philippines soon. I just hope that one day things will change for the better and these 3 designers (Santos, One, & Cinco) are examples of how great filipino talents are in the field of fashion.

***Special thanks to Gryffindor_prince and Sahara for the graphics.

UNOLOGY previous posts:

SEASON 1 - UNOLOGY

UNOLOGY Season 1 previous posts:
1st Issue:
UNOLOGY: CAMPFIRE'S BURNING -Philippine's Beauty Queenmakers
http://host.missosology.info/~missyorg/ ... 1&t=133638
2nd Issue:
UNOLOGY: Pageant CROWNING's INTERESTING FACTS
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=134213
3rd Issue:
UNOLOGY: The MOST UNFORGETTABLE "ALMOST" Winners
http://www.missosology.info/forum/viewt ... 9#p2682079
4th Issue:
UNOLOGY: There is SOMETHING about the EVENING GOWN
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=135122
5th Issue:
UNOLOGY: In Search of a GREENER PASTURE...
http://www.missosology.info/forum/viewt ... 1&t=136211
6th Issue:
UNOLOGY: The SEVENTEEN ONE HIT WONDERS OF THE UNIVERSE
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=136622
7th Issue:
UNOLOGY: MY TAKE ON MISS PHILIPPINES EARTH 2012 FINALS
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=136739
8th Issue:
UNOLOGY: The LUSTER of the CROWN & the PRICE of FAME
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=136764
9th Issue:
UNOLOGY: IMPERFECTION GUARANTEED (Beauties Under the KNIFE)
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=137269
10th Issue:
UNOLOGY: The RISE and FALL of ASIA
http://www.missosology.info/forum/viewt ... 1&t=137994
11th Issue:
UNOLOGY: ISN'T IT IRONIC?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=138422
12th issue:
UNOLOGY: One Word - EPIC!
http://ns1.missosology.info/forum/viewt ... 1&t=138825
13th Issue:
UNOLOGY: The QUEENLY and RICH (Miss World Philippines 2012)
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=139151

UNOLOGY Season 2 previous posts:
14th Issue:
UNOLOGY Season 2: TEAM Philippines 2012
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=139987

15th Issue
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=140333

16th Issue
UNOLOGY Season 2: Miss World 2012 - The GOOD, The BAD and The UGLY
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=143685

17th Issue
UNOLOGY Season 2: CHINA - Sleeping Giant NO MORE
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=144077

18th Issue
UNOLOGY Season 2: Gearing Up... TEAM ASIA Universe 2012
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=146671

Last edited by UNO - God of Beauty on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

UNO - God of Beauty
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Uno
Date of Birth: 13 Jun 1984
Profession: Airline Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: surfin, travelin

Re: UNOLOGY Season 2: OASIS of the Desert

Postby Susie Minaj » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:56 am

OK =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Damn!!! This is by far one of my favorite Unology series! God (oops) !!! You've introduced a lot of fresh new contents. Contents that I'm sure a lot of people don't know about. CRAZY!!! The best part about this is how you've integrated yourself in this thread. We actually learned a little bit about you as well even though this thread is meant to highlight these three amazing Filipino designers!

Thanks! This has got to be one of the best threads out here!
Susie Minaj
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1991
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Psychology, Sports, Law and other things

Postby Susie Minaj » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:04 am

By the way, it's interesting how these three individuals are based in DUBAI. It'd be great if they can all collab and build another Fashion School in the Philippines.
Susie Minaj

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1991
Hobbies/Interests: Psychology, Sports, Law and other things

Postby burl_lesque » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:40 am

The Philippine POPsuperstar Princess Sarah Geronimo was wearing Furne One dress during her July 07, 2012 concert.
burl_lesque
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: tanner
Date of Birth: 20 Feb 1990
Profession: r@cketeer
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: chizmax, sketching dresses, netsurfing,badminton

Postby sophocles » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:50 am

The designs shown here all very intense. You look at them, and you can't help but linger to check out the details and craftsmanship. They look like they were pulled out of the designers' dreams; and they overpower the viewer with the designers' creative vision.They are so beautiful, you can't help but be awed the very second you set your eyes on them - which brings me to my reservation about using these designs in a beauty pageant. I sense the risk that they will be the focus of the viewers' attention, and the wearer will disappear into the background. That is fine in a fashion event, but in a beauty pageant, the clothes showcase the person, and not the other way around. Do they have clothes that are less ethereal and and a little quieter, that will make the wearer's persona shine through?
sophocles
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 17 Jul 1971
Profession: lawyer
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:31 am

sophocles wrote:The designs shown here all very intense. You look at them, and you can't help but linger to check out the details and craftsmanship. They look like they were pulled out of the designers' dreams; and they overpower the viewer with the designers' creative vision.They are so beautiful, you can't help but be awed the very second you set your eyes on them - which brings me to my reservation about using these designs in a beauty pageant. I sense the risk that they will be the focus of the viewers' attention, and the wearer will disappear into the background. That is fine in a fashion event, but in a beauty pageant, the clothes showcase the person, and not the other way around. Do they have clothes that are less ethereal and and a little quieter, that will make the wearer's persona shine through?

Beauty pageants have evolved tremendously and if you are really observing what is happening in pageants, details of the gown set them apart from the others.

Look at these gowns...

Of course you will be a little uneasy as I feauture mostly their Haute Couture.
There were other designs which they made that aren't really laborious.

Sandra Seifert (2009) Designer: Michael Cinco

Another Michael Cinco gown
This white gown would be nice for Stephany Stefanowitz.

While this blue gown also from Michael Cinco would be nice for Nicole Schmitz.

Kim Chiu wearing Furne One gown
Also this might look good for Nicole S.

Venus Raj wearing Furne One gown
This gown will be nice for Janine Tugonon.

Marina Benipayo in Ezra Santos creation
Janine will also look good with this gown.

also another Ezra gown
This pink gown is perfect for Queenie Rehman.

This one will also look good for either Queenie and Stephany too.

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby phil » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:18 am

WOW!!!!!!!!

I STOPPED WORKING AND STARTED READING...

GALING UNO.. CONGRATS.....

and I AM SO PROUD TO BE FILIPINO .....

sabi nga ng ibang lahi... MIND BLASSSSTTINGG !!!!!!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
phil
FASHION EXPERTS are STYLE specialists.
FASHION EXPERTS are STYLE specialists.

Real Life Name/Nick: ------
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1912
Profession: ---------
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: ---------

Postby quelab22 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:28 am

Oh my another great thread sir UNO.... Indeed our designers are really world class our national pageant directors/directress should realize it.... Thanks for sharing
enjoy and have fun
quelab22
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Quela Andrea... (queng)
Date of Birth: 22 Oct 1993
Profession: escort... of my father
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: watching fairytales

Postby chenouzhi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:13 am

:7 :7 :7 :7 :7
chenouzhi
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jigz
Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1991
Profession: Teacher, Writer
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Writing and reading novels, poems

Postby jaya_castro » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:02 am

ANOTHER GREAT THREAD UNO. I WAS HOPING TO SEE CARY SANTIAGO THERE, TOO. I THINK HE ALSO HAD A SUCCESSFUL RUN OVER THERE AT DUBAI. I LIKE THEY ARE FRIENDS. NO CRAB MENTALITY IN SIGHT. I ALSO NOTICED THAT THERE ARE SIMILARITIES IN THEIR DESIGNS, FROM THE LACE, CHOICE OF COLORS, USE OF NUDE FABRICS, TULLE (VERY GIVENCHY COUTURE BY . TISCI), EMBELLISHMENTS, DETAILS LIKE BEADS, EMBROIDERY ETC.

I AM ONE OF THOSE WHO SHALL REMAIN EXCITED AND OPTIMISTIC FOR THEIR SUCCESS, AS THEY CONQUER THE WORLD. WHO KNOWS THEY CAN BE THE NEXT, IF NOT BETTER THAN ELIE SAAB.

NONETHELESS, IT'S GOOD TO SEE THAT WE TRULY HAVE A WONDERFUL PACT, WHOSE IDEAS ARE MORE THAN ORIGINAL, THEY ARE INDEED TASTEFUL.
:-* :-*
I AM ALLERGIC TO UGLINESS BECAUSE I AM A FILIPINO - IMELDA MARCOS
jaya_castro
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 05 Jun 1983
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: EXECUTIVE PRODUCER
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: FASHION, MUSIC, DESIGN, ARCHITECTURE, MEDIA

Postby 29rfrye » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:39 am

i think this is one -to-beat thread :) Masdamme SMA must read this , Mr Uno should have sent this to her email :). Looking at those gowns of our Bb. Pilipinas Universe candidates, Santos'-One's- Cinco's gowns are million miles better than those with Barraza... :%(( Madamme HEAR OUR MOURN...
life is full of choices,so when you make your choice, before you make it. you better analyze.
29rfrye

Real Life Name/Nick: rhye
Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1988
Profession: *
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: surfing net

Postby Qarlo » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:00 pm

Tell us Madam SMA.. What's holding you back? Gowns made by these designers are top-notch. How can you not see that? Kung di lang talaga maganda ang pagdadala ni Venus at Shamcey sa mga pangit o recycled na gowns na pinapasuot mo, for sure na tuloy ang non-placement naten sa Miss Universe
(click image)
Qarlo
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 06 Aug 1980
Profession: pet groomer
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: cats & dogs
Message: The foundations of freedom are edged on solid ground.

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:36 pm

I sent the link of my thread to both Ezra and Michael. And yes, they've read it!

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby Qarlo » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:55 pm

UNO - God of Asia wrote:
I sent the link of my thread to both Ezra and Michael. And yes, they've read it!

You are lucky to be friends with these designers. They seem humble and grateful even at their stature. :=p
(click image)
Qarlo

Date of Birth: 06 Aug 1980
Profession: pet groomer
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: cats & dogs
Message: The foundations of freedom are edged on solid ground.

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:22 pm

Qarlo wrote:
UNO - God of Asia wrote:

You are lucky to be friends with these designers. They seem humble and grateful even at their stature. :=p

They are both so nice. Here are some parts of our conversation.

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby sophocles » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:37 pm

I agree, the white Ezra Santos gown worn by Marina Benipayo will look good on Janine. It is marvelous, and will complement Janine's elegant neck and dusky complexion, and it will not accentuate her thighs just in case efforts to sculpt them prove in vain. The old rose gowns are also fine, the fabric used will give the illusion of flight as Queenie and Stephanie walk down the runway, but the color seems to suggest a lack of energy. If the gowns come in more vibrant colors, they would be perfect.

Oh, of the pictures you posted, I least like the one of Miss Dominican Republic. The gown succeeded in blending "different" with "dull", a feat which is normally most difficult to accomplish. She was ill-advised to have worn that piece outside of a mardi gras parade.
sophocles

Date of Birth: 17 Jul 1971
Profession: lawyer
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Postby Report_Analyst » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:53 pm

UNO UNO UNO, you are really SPECTACULAR!!!
Report_Analyst

Real Life Name/Nick: Sherman Noel Lucero Gamboa
Date of Birth: 26 Dec 1986
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Cisco Licensing Engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Guitar playing

Postby IamDencio » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:07 pm

What I love about them is humbleness! I can see how humble they are because i can their post and activities in FB. They interact as normal,they talk to people. Oh well thats based on how i see them. But regardless, they are the best!
IamDencio

Real Life Name/Nick: Dencio
Date of Birth: 30 Sep 1983
Profession: Call Center Sup
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Hobbies/Interests: Photography

Postby ate deedee » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:34 am

=c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3

yet another amazing inf-UNO-logy series from an astute writer
congratulations UNO for nailing another intense and interesting piece !!
i will always be your avid fan :hx

to add:
Most of Michael Cinco's employees (mananahi & burdadera) are from Samar.
His advocacy is to provide employment to his native town.
He is generous though, he gives LV bags to his old beki friends.
Based on my source's attestation: In one of the high school reunions he attended..
he generously dressed up his classmates and teachers.
He built a huge White Mansion by the sea a few years ago.
Whenever he's in town, he throws endless parties to all his friends and relatives.
Michael is well-loved by his people, a genuine and a good SAMARitan.

>=p >=p >=p >=p >=p >=p

Séductrice du Château de Soucalembongerie
~ate deedee hearts souca & misso people~
ate deedee
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Date of Birth: 16 Jan 1990
Profession: community
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: beauty & boys

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:31 am

Thanks Ate Deedee. Yeah I saw some photos taken from his nice mansion back in the Philippines. It's really lavish and big!

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:18 pm

29rfrye wrote:i think this is one -to-beat thread :) Masdamme SMA must read this , Mr Uno should have sent this to her email :). Looking at those gowns of our Bb. Pilipinas Universe candidates, Santos'-One's- Cinco's gowns are million miles better than those with Barraza... :%(( Madamme HEAR OUR MOURN...

Thanks! :hx :hx :hx

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby Beta » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:25 am

Awesome thread!!
Beta
ANGELS are the nicest persons of the forum.
ANGELS are the nicest persons of the forum.

Date of Birth: 30 Jul 2008
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: BOSS
Hobbies/Interests: EVERYTHING

Postby maestro_impakto » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:28 am

ang taray naman nito hahahahahahahahah :!! :!! :!! :!! :!!

congrats dude. minsan matulog ka naman para di halatang adik ahhahaha
i read your thread kaya nagreg ako dito. :!! :!! :!! :!!
maestro_impakto
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: xander
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: BABY MAKING
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: BABY MAKING

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:53 pm

maestro_impakto wrote:

ang taray naman nito hahahahahahahahah :!! :!! :!! :!! :!!

congrats dude. minsan matulog ka naman para di halatang adik ahhahaha
i read your thread kaya nagreg ako dito. :!! :!! :!! :!!

adik???? :-O

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby LADY WINTER » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:08 pm

I was never a big fan of the 3 designers mentioned basically because, putting it directly, their designs were mostly, if not all, inspired with Lebanese couture. The flair, the ruffles, the beadworks, the patterns and overall designs were undeniably Lebanese. There are indeed so many talented designers here in the Middle East. I believe it really comes with a luck.
LADY WINTER

Real Life Name/Nick: LADY WINTER
Date of Birth: 06 Dec 1973
Profession: Head Bitch In Charge
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants and Movies

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:45 pm

Thank you so much! :hx :hx :hx

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby KENNZEICHNEN » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:48 am

Love you Uno. Congrats for this wonderful and magnificent thread! =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3
KENNZEICHNEN
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS are creative minds & beautifiers of the forum.
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS are creative minds & beautifiers of the forum.

Real Life Name/Nick: Kenn
Date of Birth: 08 Oct 1993
Hobbies/Interests: Graphic Design.

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:01 am

LADY WINTER wrote:
I was never a big fan of the 3 designers mentioned basically because, putting it directly, their designs were mostly, if not all, inspired with Lebanese couture. The flair, the ruffles, the beadworks, the patterns and overall designs were undeniably Lebanese. There are indeed so many talented designers here in the Middle East. I believe it really comes with a luck.

They are Filipino designers who chose to live in the Middle East and yes, it is rightful that they have to adjust their creations with those of the Arabic demand for market profitivity.

But, all of us need a lauching pad or a take of platform and yes, in order for them to take that move, they have to adjust their designs. :hx :hx :hx

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby junerose » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:24 pm

an amazing read!

congratz Uno!
=D> =D> :=p :=p

i sooooooo love the gowns!!
:hx :hx :hx
[youtube]IkV86i6f6Do[/youtube] [youtube]TSHfuDjqJ3A[/youtube]
junerose

Date of Birth: 20 Jun 1987
Profession: jack-o'-some-trades
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: reading, writing

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:45 am

junerose wrote:
an amazing read!

congratz Uno!
=D> =D> :=p :=p

i sooooooo love the gowns!!

UNO - God of Beauty

Return to GENERAL