UNOLOGY: MY TAKE ON MISS PHILIPPINES EARTH 2012 FINALS

Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Mon May 28, 2012 6:03 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

What does Binibining Pilipinas exudes that Miss Earth Philippines failed?

DRAMA!

Miss Earth Philippines has established their own branding. And I must say, Filipinos took it as sadly a second-rate local pageant as obviously most of the Filipinos are into Binibining Pilipinas and thus, Miss Universe.

Just like in the recently concluded coronation night of Miss Earth Philippines, we can all observe that there is this collective silence for Filipino pageant die hards. No ranting... No speculations... No accusation of having a Cooking Show.... NONE at all!

Well, the result of the finals night is I can say a great success as they crowned a worthy titleholder, but still, I am just curious why it wasn't really embraced the way Filipino fanatics did during the April 15 Binibining Pilipinas finals? Hmmmmm....

People can feel the intensity and even right after the coronation night, there were DRAMAS all over.

Well, maybe unlike Binibining Pilipinas, this is really what Miss Earth Philippines is all about....

TRANQUILITY and WORLD PEACE.

Well, plus the fact that Miss Earth philippines do VALUE and SUPPORT Filipino talents as Filipino designers can very well showcase the passion and ability in giving the world worldclass gowns and costumes.

Miss Philippines Earth 2012

Miss Philippines Earth 2012, the 12th edition of the advocacy-driven Miss Philippines Earth beauty pageant, will be held on May 27, 2012 at the Center Stage of SM Mall of Asia in Pasay City, Philippines. Miss Philippines Earth is the most relevant beauty pageant in the Philippines where the participants and winners work on the environmental-social-humanitarian advocacy of the pageant.

The pageant has aligned itself with the 2012 declaration of the United Nations General Assembly as the "International Year of Sustainable Energy for All" as it centers this year’s pageant edition with the promotion of sustainable energy that is accessible, cleaner, and more efficient which is essential for the achievement of sustainable development.

Miss Philippines Earth 2011 Athena Mae Imperial will crown her successor who will represent the Philippines in the international Miss Earth 2012 beauty pageant which will be held in Indonesia.

Aside from the Miss Philippines Earth 2012 grand title, four other titles of equal importance and with the same rank will be crowned. Tarhata Clio Shari Rico Miss Philippines Eco Tourism 2011, Michelle Gavagan Miss Philippines Fire 2011, Jonavi Raisa Quiray Miss Philippines Air 2011, and Murielle Adrienne Orais Miss Philippines Water 2011 will crown their respective successors.

THE STAGE

The stage last night was presentable but nothing was new and nothing was spectacular.

They had this backdraft as if it represents the latitude and the longitude of the globe. Well, it is safe to say that they took the inspiration quite so literal just to highlight that it is a contest about the Mother Earth.

As usual, there are stairs which had been so common in the Philippine setting of a pageant finals. Well maybe, I still hope for Filipinos to atleast have the same artistic approach just like what Miss Universe had in 2000 nor the sophisticated effect and drama Miss Universe had in 2002. Well, this is Miss Earth Philippines and perhaps they are owning with their own branding and with the consideration of what they had set as its budget for the stage.

The lighting is okayish, but I am not really a fan of very dark background. Though the host Ginger Conejero looked good in some of her moements as her color did blend and complement with the blue lighting on her background.

Nevertheless, in my opinion, nothing really special about the stage.

PRESENTERS

I must say that all three presenters, Marc Nelson, Rovilson Fernandez and Ginger Conejero did a wonderful hosting job.
Though sometimes, the way they deliver the suppose to be funny antics didn't work at all, as they probably don't know how to throw it with the right timing, but still, they managed to sail it all through beautifully.

Ginger owned her spot. WORLDCLASS delivery. I also love her gowns... Just enough for her beauty to shine.
(Philip Tampus (Project Runway Philippines Runner Up) made the pink gown and Lloyd Arceo made the yellow gown)

I love the fact that her choices of gowns did not eclipse her look.

Both guys were gorgeous. Marc indeed looked so fresh and young. Aging is not probably on his book. Rovilson did a stelar job too.

Well I guess it is an advantage that the 3 presenters were really fluent in English as whatever comes out from their mouth, you can actually feel the sincerity.

Good job!

The Pageant Itself

I find it soooo BORING.

Even the Openning Number sucks and I can't really understand why the girls has to have this succession wave-like move... It's crazy!

It's nice that the girls paraded their swimsuit in a fast manner. I just dont get it why they called the first 5 of the semi-finalist wherein in the next segment, they will still has to showcase their fabulous gowns. I wish they could have just announce the semis all together after the gown.

I saw some beautiful gowns during their presentation. I love the Gown of Miss Batangas City, Miss Fil-Belgium and of course Miss Quezon City. She indeed embodies that winning look and form.

I must say, though Miss Earth Philippines is under-rated, still, in my opinion, as compared to the 2012 Binibining Pilipinas candidates, Miss Earth Philippines is STRONGER (beautywise) as they showcase a wide variety of Filipina beauty.

Semifinalists are:

Samantha Purvor (San Juan City)
Glenna Christina Duch (Negros Oriental)
Glennifer Perido (Tabuk City)
Thoreen Halvorsen (Puerto Princesa City)
Princess Lieza Manzon (San Francisco, Cebu)
Stephany Dianne Stefanowitz (Quezon City)
Roxanne Corluy (Fil - Belgium)
Kathleen Subijano (Muntinlupa City)
Jaydielou Dilidili (Indang, Cavite )
Candice Ramos (Vigan City)

Question and Answer

Well, I guess the fact that the contest is about the Mother Earth, it is inevitable not to hear such answers that seems to be very rehearsed and memorized. There were answers during the Q&A that I heard being answered by so many girls from the past edition.

I guess in situations as such, the best thing to do is mastering your delivery and act as if it is not memorized. The conviction you give upon answering and giving your thoughts do really give a big impact that can help you gain momentum and for you to be able to persuade the jurors to vote you or give you a higher score.

I love Kathleen Subijano's answer. She is truly a very intelligent woman and her command of words are better than of the other girls. I felt her sincerity.
But, did you noticed that during the announcement of the winners, Kathleen changed her red gown to green. Well, perhaps she has high hopes of winning the crown that night.

I would also like to commend Candice. She is almost there, but unfortunately had a little trouble rounding up her answer. She is so beautiful by the way last night and she reminds me of Jewel Mische.

Miss Fil Belgium gave a substancial answer but her delivery sounded as if she memorized it since long time back. But absolutely, she is gorgeous. I can see a little of Ginger in her.

I believe that Glenna Christina Duch deserves in the top 5. She is robbed bigtime. I thought it is between Stephany and Glenna last night. Well, I hope to see her in Binibining Pilipinas next year though as I can melody Gersbach in her. She exudes so much potential.

Lastly, I would like to commend Stephany Dianne Stefanowitz for giving a powerful answer last night. This is what I am talking about. Her delivery is full of conviction and able to make the audience listen to what she is saying about.

Truly, she is an epitome of a real winner from head to foot.

Actual RESULT

Reynaldo Santos Jr. wrote from his article and I quote: "Just like in the Binibining Pilipinas beauty pageant wherein some candidates have already joined in previous competitions, most of the winners of Miss Philippines Earth 2012 have already tried their luck in past beauty pageants."

Miss Philippines Earth 2012: Stephany Dianne Stefanowitz (Quezon City)

What do I expect on her? I believe that Stephany has the right amount of passion and drive in bringing back the 2nd Miss Earth crown to the Philippines.

People would say that she has this strong resemblance with Manny Pacquiao's wife Jinky, and a little of Gwendoline Ruais, but seriously, I dont have any problem with that as both of them are equally gorgeous.

(Jinkee Pacquiao)

(Gwendoline Ruais)

People also say, she is a major upgrade from last year's winner, Athena Imperial.

But in my thoughts, I commend Athena for rising above what is expected on her. She had been a good Miss Earth Philippines and gave her fellow Filipinos reason to be proud. I commend her for giving her final message in Filipino.

It was truly heartfelt.

Other winners:

Miss Philippines Air 2012: Glennifer Perido (Tabuk City)

Miss Philippines Water 2012: Samantha Purvor (San Juan City)

Miss Philippines Fire 2012: Thoreen Halvorsen (Puerto Princesa City)

Miss Philippines Eco-Tourism 2012: Candice Ramos (Vigan City)

Am I satisfied with the result?

With the winner yes, but I just cant take the fact that Glenna Duch failed to make the top 5.
But I am seeing it as a sign for her to join next year at Binibining pilipinas since she is not taking an important role at Miss Earth philippines, thus will allow her to have her freedom for her next year's endeavor.

Regarding Samantha Purvor, all the while I thought she is giving Stephany a run for the money until the final question.

Though I love the sound of her voice and they way she answered her question, still, I cant help it that she struggled a little by running all over the bush with her answer.

She kept her answer limited to her place San Juan and it felt like instead of embracing what is said to be "Fun of the Philippines", still, she will stubbornly go back with her answer and will repeat her slogan "It's more SUN in SAN JUAN".

In the end, that very same SUN burned her way to the crown. OUCH!
I also just noticed that Samantha Purvor untied her bun during the announcment of the winners. Well, in the end, she got atleast a crown in her head.

Interesting Tidbits

Belgium's Filipino Community (Overseas) Roxanne Corluy was Mutya ng Pilipinas 2011 Top 10

Indang (Cavite) Jadielou Dilidili was Miss Philippines Earth 2008 candidate

Muntinlupa City (Metro Manila) Kathleen Subijano was Binibining Pilipinas 2011 Top 15

Quezon City (Metro Manila) Stephany Dianne Stefanowitz was Miss Philippines Earth 2010 Top10

San Juan City (Metro Manila) Samantha Purvor was Binibining Pilipinas 2011 candidate & Miss Friendship; Miss World Philippines 2011 Top 12

Tabuk City (Kalinga) Glennifer Perido was Binibining Pilipinas 2011 candidate

In the end, a comeback queen indeed bring home Miss Philippines Earth 2012 crown.

FACTS ABOUT STEPHANIE:

She is the Filipina-German representative from Quezon City.

Stephany Dianne Stefanowitz was a candidate for the same pageant two years ago.

She landed in the Top 10 in the Miss Philippines Earth 2010 tilt. Back then, she represented Butuan City, where her mom came from. Her dad is from Hamburg, Germany.

She is a freelance model, designer, host, and singer.

She graduated at De La Salle College of St. Benilde where she took up Fashion Design and Merchandising.

BEST OF LUCK STEPHANY! :hx :hx :hx

UNOLOGY previous posts:

SEASON 1 - UNOLOGY

UNOLOGY Season 1 previous posts:
1st Issue:
UNOLOGY: CAMPFIRE'S BURNING -Philippine's Beauty Queenmakers
http://host.missosology.info/~missyorg/ ... 1&t=133638
2nd Issue:
UNOLOGY: Pageant CROWNING's INTERESTING FACTS
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=134213
3rd Issue:
UNOLOGY: The MOST UNFORGETTABLE "ALMOST" Winners
http://www.missosology.info/forum/posti ... &p=2682079
4th Issue:
UNOLOGY: There is SOMETHING about the EVENING GOWN
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=135122
5th Issue:
UNOLOGY: In Search of a GREENER PASTURE...
http://www.missosology.info/forum/viewt ... 1&t=136211
6th Issue:
UNOLOGY: The SEVENTEEN ONE HIT WONDERS OF THE UNIVERSE
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=136622
7th Issue:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=136739
8th Issue:
UNOLOGY: The LUSTER of the CROWN & the PRICE of FAME
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=136764
9th Issue:
UNOLOGY: IMPERFECTION GUARANTEED (Beauties Under the KNIFE)
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=137269
10th Issue:
UNOLOGY: The RISE and FALL of ASIA
http://www.missosology.info/forum/viewt ... 1&t=137994
11th Issue:
UNOLOGY: ISN'T IT IRONIC?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=138422
12th issue:
UNOLOGY: One Word - EPIC!
http://ns1.missosology.info/forum/viewt ... 1&t=138825
13th Issue:
UNOLOGY: The QUEENLY and RICH (Miss World Philippines 2012)
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=139151

UNOLOGY Season 2 previous posts:
14th Issue:
UNOLOGY Season 2: TEAM Philippines 2012
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=139987

15th Issue
UNOLOGY Season 2: OASIS of the Desert
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=140333

Last edited by UNO - God of Beauty on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

UNO - God of Beauty
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Uno
Date of Birth: 13 Jun 1984
Profession: Airline Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: surfin, travelin

Re: UNOLOGY: MY TAKE ON MISS PHILIPPINES EARTH 2012 FINALS

Postby Sierra_Alpha » Mon May 28, 2012 9:36 pm

a very nice thread.... =c3 =c3 =c3

its like reading my own thoughts of the pageant...

Cristina Duch should have been in the top4...
:-* :-* :-*
Sierra_Alpha
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: swei
Date of Birth: 05 Dec 2011
Profession: pearl diver
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: sleep

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Mon May 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Sierra_Alpha wrote:a very nice thread.... =c3 =c3 =c3

I have the same sentiments but it is what it is.

I am looking at it as a glass half full instead of half empty as she can be able to join Binibini if she would wish to, since she is not abiding any responsibility from Miss Philippines Earth. :hx

I wish her the best of luck.

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby chanel » Mon May 28, 2012 10:10 pm

Thank you for sharing us your wonderful and compressive report. You are really working hard to deliver the world a fine report about what is happening in the local pageant in the Philippines. Reading your thread is like watching it live. Again, kudos for your dedication. You reign to be Missosology's finest and important poster.
:7 :7
chanel
TOP MODELS are BEAUTIFUL people.
TOP MODELS are BEAUTIFUL people.

Real Life Name/Nick: chanel
Date of Birth: 20 Dec 1984
Profession: nurse
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: volleyball

Postby krissynelli » Tue May 29, 2012 4:17 am

WELL DONE UNO!!!! :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p :=pTHE OVERALL HAIR AND MAKE-UP OF GLENDA DUCH WAS A TOTAL MESS!!!SUCH A PITY!!! :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)]PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)
YO SOY PUERTO RICO!... HALF PUERTO RICAN / HALF "KIKI" VENDOR
krissynelli
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: krissylicious
Date of Birth: 22 May 1978
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: MAQUILLAGE
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: DILDOING, CATFIGHTS, WITCHCRAFT AND SORCERY
Message: NAMASTE!!! APAKABAR!!! SAWASDEE!!! MABUHAY!!! OLAH!!! BONJOU!!! ALOHA!!!

Postby soledad » Tue May 29, 2012 4:20 am

:=p

Personally, I prefer Glenna's beauty than Glennifer. Glenna>>>Glennifer
soledad
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1988
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: RN
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Being single and an INFP-T

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Tue May 29, 2012 4:47 am

krissynelli wrote:WELL DONE UNO!!!! :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p :=pTHE OVERALL HAIR AND MAKE-UP OF GLENDA DUCH WAS A TOTAL MESS!!!SUCH A PITY!!! :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)] :#)]PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)

Thanks krissynelli for sharing your thoughts... :hx :hx

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Tue May 29, 2012 4:48 am

chanel wrote:Thank you for sharing us your wonderful and compressive report. You are really working hard to deliver the world a fine report about what is happening in the local pageant in the Philippines. Reading your thread is like watching it live. Again, kudos for your dedication. You reign to be Missosology's finest and important poster.
:7 :7

Thanks Chacha. You can always count on me when it comes to making threads that you'll like. >:D< >:D< >:D<
:hx :hx :hx

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Tue May 29, 2012 4:49 am

soledad wrote::=p

Personally, I prefer Glenna's beauty than Glennifer. Glenna>>>Glennifer

i agree.... :hx :hx :hx

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby GODFREY » Tue May 29, 2012 6:20 am

Ms. Duch and Ms. Corluy should have been in the top 5. They both gave a very informative answers. You can really see that they are logical enough in answering their respective questions. Just like last year, we can see that Athena gave the best answer, hence she got the crown. But overall, it is a major upgrade compared to last year's. I can see Steph winning our second Miss Earth crown; let's just hope that she'll not be a sacrificing lamb.
IRISH POWER
GODFREY

Real Life Name/Nick: Danny
Date of Birth: 14 Sep 1995
Profession: Vocalist
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Photography

Postby quelab22 » Tue May 29, 2012 6:55 am

gowns are really amazing
enjoy and have fun
quelab22
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Quela Andrea... (queng)
Date of Birth: 22 Oct 1993
Profession: escort... of my father
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: watching fairytales

Postby Kelly_Priestly » Tue May 29, 2012 7:08 am

Can you do a similar one for Miss Earth 2011.
Kelly_Priestly
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: Kelly
Date of Birth: 19 Nov 1979
Profession: Singer / English Teacher
Hobbies/Interests: Singing & Eating Good Food
Message: I don't find thin girls attractive. I'd rather have lunch with my friends than go to a gym.

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Tue May 29, 2012 7:56 am

GODFREY wrote:
Ms. Duch and Ms. Corluy should have been in the top 5. They both gave a very informative answers. You can really see that they are logical enough in answering their respective questions. Just like last year, we can see that Athena gave the best answer, hence she got the crown. But overall, it is a major upgrade compared to last year's. I can see Steph winning our second Miss Earth crown; let's just hope that she'll not be a sacrificing lamb.

i agree.... :hx :hx :hx
Thanks GODFREY for sharing your thouths.

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Tue May 29, 2012 10:55 am

Anthony wrote:After two successive mediocre winners, I never went gaga over this pageant. Definitely, we have a better set of winners here compared to the last two editions. I am not fond of Palawan though. Is it again of sponsorhip? As what the grapevine had said last year?

IMO, Misso is not really "into" Miss Earth.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Anthony...

I also have the same thoughts about Palawan. It could have been Glenna in the top 5 or Miss Fil-Belgium.

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby Teacher Inn » Tue May 29, 2012 11:29 am

THERE IS NO CURE FOR INSECURITY!
Teacher Inn
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Date of Birth: 21 May 1991
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Sleeping

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Tue May 29, 2012 11:41 am

Teacher Inn wrote:

ThanksTeacher Inn for dropping by!

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby iamkenmotion » Tue May 29, 2012 12:00 pm

YOU DO REALLY HAVE TIME FOR THIS EH? NICE THREAD

iamkenmotion

Date of Birth: 25 Jun 1989
Profession: law student
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: million interest

Postby rodney » Tue May 29, 2012 1:01 pm

rodney

Real Life Name/Nick: DAYANA M.
Date of Birth: 19 Nov 1992
Profession: student
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: surfing the net

Postby CRANKEE » Tue May 29, 2012 2:01 pm

I find the pageant very boring too. And I really hate the fact that the stage was really dark just like Binibining Pilipinas. Pang-ASAP lang talaga yung stage. The set of winners are okay. I was a bit surprised with Glennifer. I thought Samantha or Glenna would take the 1st RU spot. The 2009 set of winners is still the best for me, imo. Aaaand, did you see Martha Braun in the audience? She was focused by the camera a lot of times and I must say she's really gorgeous and she should join Binibini. :-D
CRANKEE
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 04 Jun 1983
Profession: Missosologist
Hobbies/Interests: Photography

Postby Sierra_Alpha » Tue May 29, 2012 4:38 pm

UNO - God of Asia wrote:
Sierra_Alpha wrote:a very nice thread.... =c3 =c3 =c3

I have the same sentiments but it is what it is.

I am looking at it as a glass half full instead of half empty as she can be able to join Binibini if she would wish to, since she is not abiding any responsibility from Miss Philippines Earth. :hx

I wish her the best of luck.

She definitely should join the Bb. Pilipinas... >=p >=p >=p
Sierra_Alpha

Real Life Name/Nick: swei
Date of Birth: 05 Dec 2011
Profession: pearl diver
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: sleep

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Tue May 29, 2012 7:39 pm

CRANKEE wrote:I find the pageant very boring too. And I really hate the fact that the stage was really dark just like Binibining Pilipinas. Pang-ASAP lang talaga yung stage. The set of winners are okay. I was a bit surprised with Glennifer. I thought Samantha or Glenna would take the 1st RU spot. The 2009 set of winners is still the best for me, imo. Aaaand, did you see Martha Braun in the audience? She was focused by the camera a lot of times and I must say she's really gorgeous and she should join Binibini. :-D

Most of our opinions are the same... Thanks Crankee for sharing your thoughts...

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby Bluangel » Wed May 30, 2012 5:03 am

Even in malls, streets, schools, and every where; Miss Philippines Earth is an unknown pageant in the Philippines; and so Miss Earth. Even Mutya ng Pilipinas is more recognized than MPE. Binibini and Miss Universe are the only national and international pageants recognized by the Filipinos. I remembered my friend living in Batangas City; at the time when ME 11 candidates went there, many though that MISS UNIVERSE candidates had arrived. And he also said that one official of the city said that, "Miss Universe contestant, this way please".. What a shame that we don't recognize our very own pageant and we tend to love other pageants.
“The power of finding beauty in the humblest things makes home happy and life lovely.”
― Louisa May Alcott
Bluangel

Real Life Name/Nick: Jestin
Date of Birth: 07 May 1990
Profession: IT Professional
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: computers, pageantry

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Thu May 31, 2012 1:02 am

Bludemon wrote:Even in malls, streets, schools, and every where; Miss Philippines Earth is an unknown pageant in the Philippines; and so Miss Earth. Even Mutya ng Pilipinas is more recognized than MPE. Binibini and Miss Universe are the only national and international pageants recognized by the Filipinos. I remembered my friend living in Batangas City; at the time when ME 11 candidates went there, many though that MISS UNIVERSE candidates had arrived. And he also said that one official of the city said that, "Miss Universe contestant, this way please".. What a shame that we don't recognize our very own pageant and we tend to love other pageants.

i agree! Well, I believe a better marketing strategy and PR will help them...

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby username12345 » Thu May 31, 2012 1:10 am

UNO - God of Asia wrote:
Bludemon wrote:Even in malls, streets, schools, and every where; Miss Philippines Earth is an unknown pageant in the Philippines; and so Miss Earth. Even Mutya ng Pilipinas is more recognized than MPE. Binibini and Miss Universe are the only national and international pageants recognized by the Filipinos. I remembered my friend living in Batangas City; at the time when ME 11 candidates went there, many though that MISS UNIVERSE candidates had arrived. And he also said that one official of the city said that, "Miss Universe contestant, this way please".. What a shame that we don't recognize our very own pageant and we tend to love other pageants.

Because MPE is cheap and ME is always rigged even a short, ugly Filipina gets crowned in a supposedly international stage! DUH!
username12345

Real Life Name/Nick: USERNAME12345
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: PALABOY
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: WALA, WALA, MERON PALA AT KUNG ANO ANO PA

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Thu May 31, 2012 8:05 am

username12345 wrote:
UNO - God of Asia wrote:

Because MPE is cheap and ME is always rigged even a short, ugly Filipina gets crowned in a supposedly international stage! DUH!

@-) @-) @-) @-)

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby dismas » Thu May 31, 2012 8:47 am

...one with you as far as the inclusion of Glenna in the Top 5 is concerned.
dismas

Real Life Name/Nick: Dismas
Date of Birth: 22 Sep 1998
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: conservateur
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Mountain climbing, hiking, xcountry run

Postby manoypoe » Thu May 31, 2012 11:50 am

I LOVE THE FAST PACED SHOW, NO DRAMA. NO INTRIGUES AND EVERYBODY LOOKED SO HAPPY.

I THINK, GLENNA WILL COME BACK THE SAME AS STEPH. SHE IS ONLY 18. GIVE HER 2 YEARS MORE AND SHE WILL BRING HOME THE CROWN. IF SHE IS CROWNED AS ONE OF THE WINNERS, CAN SHE STILL JOIN?
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:01 am

manoypoe wrote:I LOVE THE FAST PACED SHOW, NO DRAMA. NO INTRIGUES AND EVERYBODY LOOKED SO HAPPY.

I THINK, GLENNA WILL COME BACK THE SAME AS STEPH. SHE IS ONLY 18. GIVE HER 2 YEARS MORE AND SHE WILL BRING HOME THE CROWN. IF SHE IS CROWNED AS ONE OF THE WINNERS, CAN SHE STILL JOIN?

we all hope for that... :hx

UNO - God of Beauty

Postby manoypoe » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:33 pm

UNO - God of Asia wrote:
manoypoe wrote:I LOVE THE FAST PACED SHOW, NO DRAMA. NO INTRIGUES AND EVERYBODY LOOKED SO HAPPY.

we all hope for that... :hx

I THINK THIS WILL HAPPEN. I HOPE SHE GROWS 2 INCHES MORE. HER BEAUTY AND INTELLIGENCE ARE FOR MISS EARTH.
manoypoe

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby MISS COSMOPOLITAN » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:44 am

Carousel needs to hire people who know how to stage a pageant. Sadly, the way Carousel handles MPE and ME is very similar when they still had Mutya and MAP.

They try to be different from Bb but they always fail. I really hope that ME 2012 would be exciting and has great production.

MU-Diaz, Moran, Wurtzbach, Gray
MW-Young
MI-Cruz, Pijuan, Marquez, Quigaman, Santiago, Verzosa
ME-Henry, Herrell, Ong, Ibasco
MS-Datul
MIC-Gallman, Obeñita
MISS COSMOPOLITAN

Real Life Name/Nick: Justine Cairo Larosa-Esquivel
Date of Birth: 16 Aug 1983
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Experto en concursos de belleza
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Concursos de Belleza

Next

Return to GENERAL