My picks really have changed over the past few weeks. This must have been one of the best editions of Miss International ever, coverage-wise and the quality of the girls competing in this pageant.
Ecuador - Miss International 2011
I can say that Maria Fernanda Cornejo is one of the most consistent girls here in Miss International 2011. Ecuador may not be that remarkable in placing in Miss International, but I can say she's the one to beat in this competition. She is stunning and I can feel that another Latina will win the crown this year. If I will judge it objectively, this competition is really between Ecuador and Venezuela.
Venezuela - 1st Runner Up
Another favorite, even by the MI Organization and people in China is Jessica Barboza. I just can't resist her charm, her beauty, and her wittiness. I think she would make a great Miss International. She has it all on her hands.. The only drawback here is that Venezuela just won last year. But who knows? In Miss Universe and Miss World, a back to back win was already made possible, maybe Miss International will have its first back to back win this year, because really, Jessica should win this hands down.
China - 2nd Runner Up
She is cute and pretty, definitely not Miss International material but I think she would place this high because the pageant is held in China again. To be fair, she deserves a Top 15 placement, but for sure an asian will be up there in Top 3 and she has the greatest chances of making it. She is even better than Miss China last year who also placed in Top 3, so she is sure of a placement. She can even win this, and that would be a controversial win.
Rest of Top 15 (In No Particular Order)
* Russia - I like her face, she is very stunning and very delightful to look at. I think she was already noticed. Definitely one of my sentimental faves.
* Vietnam - For me, she is the best asian in the competition, but its quite fast if she'll be a Top 3 this year. Vietnam had only one placement in the entire Miss International. Anyway, anything is possible here in Miss International, but China would be her rival for that Top 3 position.
* France - One of my favorite European this year, she is great in candids and I like her presence. If a european country will be in Top 3, she is very well deserved. Moreover, I think France is noticed in this pageant and ribbon works well.
* Colombia - Natalia Valenzuela is one of my early favorites, she lagged behind but of course she is still worthy of a Top 15 placement, I even think she can be a Top 3 placer knowing that latinas are well appreciated in this pageant.
* Spain - This country is a powerhouse in Miss International so I think it will add more chances for her to be included in the Top 15. Hence, she is also gorgeous and statuesque.
* Philippines - Im so satisfied with her performance in Miss International, I must say she gave a good fight. She might be in the Top 3 but she will be definitely face tough competition. In Asia alone, she has so many rivals.
* Japan - I think Japan's 18 year consecutive placement will continue, she is a very likeable girl, her only weakness is her height.
* Slovakia - She has a very unique face, but at the same time its so beautiful that would get your attention. She is very noticed in this competition and I think she's a shoo in for Top 15.
* Poland - She is just stunning in candid pictures, she is flawless and divine. I even thought that she could be in the Top 3 knowing that Poland had several runners up in this pageant.
* Indonesia - Reisa is another asian stunner, she's already 25 but she looks young. She is also getting attention in this pageant because of her porcelain skin and unique type of beauty for an Indonesian. She could be a Top 3 if things will work out fine.
* Sweden - Denice, beauty-wise is one of the most stunning here in competition.
* Panama - Another latina that is very worhty to place is Keity. Her beauty is unique, you can't see this type of beauty everywhere. I think she also have chances to be in Top 3.
Bolivia - Paraguay - Brazil - Ukraine - Thailand