SASH FACTOR.. OR DESERVING? (BE HONEST!)

SASH FACTOR.. OR DESERVING? (BE HONEST!)

Postby PRINCE CALIXTO » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:58 pm

Here in this forum, the 3 top favorite Miss Universe 2011 contestants are Kosovo, Puerto Rico and Malaysia. Be honest. Do you think all 3 of them deserve their favoritism, or is it because of sash factor, or other reasons? BTW, Kosovo is in my top 3 and Puerto Rico, in my top 15, but in other forums, like POB, for example, neither Kosovo , nor Puerto Rico are favorites.. What do you think?

i LOVE IT! Venezuela is Venezuela.So, I don't have time, nor interest in losers who exhibit stupidity and constant pathetic jealousy. PRINCE CALIXTO is just above and beyond that! Thank you.
PRINCE CALIXTO
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: PC
Date of Birth: 21 Mar 2005
Profession: Being alive....
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, exercise, beauty, animals, travel

Re: SASH FACTOR.. OR DESERVING? (BE HONEST!)

Postby petrey » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:16 pm

Interesting enough, I don't think that Deborah's sash has helped her gain popularity, but rather potentially even hinder her chances at a semifinalist spot because of it. In the past, Miss Malaysia contestants have been so-so, forgotten and have not been considered threats...so for Debby to get noticed because of her training and beauty, sans sash, I think she deserves the hype. If you replace Deborah's sash with another country like Philippines or Vietnam, she will get hyped like there's no tomorrow. :=p

Kosovo. While last year everyone was hyping Miss Kosovo because of her sash, she was a major fail last year. From the time they debuted in 2008, Kosovo has been considered a powerhouse and definitely sash factor worthy with the likes of Zana and Gona. I think that in Aferdita's case it is a combination of sash factor, experience and goddess status. She's from Kosovo so you know she will be styled and polished. She's with Fadil, so you know she has a higher chance of placing due to Fadil's connections with MUO. She's an experienced model and certified goddess, so she will eat the creatures at Miss Universe alive. So, even if you replaced her sash with another country like Croatia or Serbia or a non-sash worthy country, Aferdita will still be a front runner(just maybe not a top 5), but still a favorite. :=p

Puerto Rico. While every year, Puerto Rico is among the heavily overhyped candidate in this forum, I think Viviana deserves it as with most Puerto Rican candidates. She has a great body, she has improved her looks (when she was first crowned, I didn't like her cheekbones and facial expressions, but now she looks great), she has an amazing personality, charisma and she's even taking Portuguese lessons. They will surely love her down in Sao Paolo. While sash factor has a lot to do with Viviana's hype, I think that she will still be a favorite and front runner even if she was from another country. :=p
Last edited by petrey on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
petrey
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.

Real Life Name/Nick: Peter
Date of Birth: 02 Dec 1993
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Student, Model, Titleholder
Hobbies/Interests: Cooking, Languages, Traveling, Eurovision

Postby PRINCE CALIXTO » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:17 pm

Well to be honest, I think some people in this forum are afraid to speak their minds about this, for fear of being attacked by others. I also think many people here follow other people's tastes and preferences and many even copy most of the lists from some experts and so on.. That is why Kosovo and Puerto Rico are not as favorite in other forums, but some people only say and show what is convenient for them... :)>-
i LOVE IT! Venezuela is Venezuela.So, I don't have time, nor interest in losers who exhibit stupidity and constant pathetic jealousy. PRINCE CALIXTO is just above and beyond that! Thank you.
PRINCE CALIXTO

Postby darkvindak » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:21 pm

PRINCE CALIXTO, don't laugh to me but I don't know what sash mean :| can you explain to me
darkvindak
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: Darkv
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1985
Profession: manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Hobbies/Interests: models, photography

Postby petrey » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:23 pm

PRINCE CALIXTO wrote:Well to be honest, I think some people in this forum are afraid to speak their minds about this, for fear of being attacked by others. I also think many people here follow other people's tastes and preferences and many even copy most of the lists from some experts and so on.. That is why Kosovo and Puerto Rico are not as favorite in other forums, but some people only say and show what is convenient for them... :)>-

And that's what I hate. Some people have become followers and because the so called "pageant experts" say that this country is a front runner, everybody changes their list and puts that country in their top 5. Or some people are afraid to speak their mind because they will get a negative reputation. If everyone had the same opinion, misso will be boring as hell. They should form their own opinions. That's what sucks about groupthink (when we just go with the flow of the majority without questioning it) in forums.
Last edited by petrey on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
petrey

Postby PRINCE CALIXTO » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:23 pm

[font=Arial][size=150][font=Arial]
petrey wrote:[size=150]Interesting enough, I don't think that Deborah's sash has helped her gain popularity, but rather potentially even hinder her chances at a semifinalist spot because of it. In the past, Miss Malaysia contestants have been so-so, forgotten and have not been considered threats...so for Debby to get noticed because of her training and beauty, sans sash, I think she deserves the hype. If you replace Deborah's sash with another country like Philippines or Vietnam, she will get hyped like there's no tomorrow. :=p

Kosovo. While last year everyone was hyping Miss Kosovo because of her sash, she was a major fail last year. From the time they debuted in 2008, Kosovo has been considered a powerhouse and definitely sash factor worthy with the likes of Zana and Gona. I think that in Aferdita's case it is a combination of sash factor, experience and goddess status. She's from Kosovo so you know she will be styled and polished. She's with Fadil, so you know she has a higher chance of placing due to Fadil's connections with MUO. She's an experienced model and certified goddess, so she will eat the creatures at Miss Universe alive. So, even if you replaced her sash with another country like Croatia or Serbia or a non-sash worthy country, Aferdita will still be a front runner(just maybe not a top 5), but still a favorite. :=p

Puerto Rico. While every year, Puerto Rico is among the heavily overhyped candidate in this forum, I think Viviana deserves it as with most Puerto Rican candidates. She has a great body, she has improved her looks (when she was first crowned, I didn't like her cheekbones and facial expressions, but now she looks great), she has an amazing personality, charisma and she's even taking Portuguese lessons. They will surely love her down in Sao Paolo. While sash factor has a lot to do with Viviana's hype, I think that she will still be a favorite and front runner even if she was from another country. :=p

I love it, Petrey, you really write and sound like a pro! Kudos! . :=p .. And how do you explain that Kosovo and PR are not as favorite in forums like POB who also has people from allover the world, including Puerto Rico, Philippines, Panama, Colombia, USA, Mexico, Indonesia, India , Brazil and much more?
PRINCE CALIXTO

Postby SUAVE » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:25 pm

petrey wrote:Kosovo. While last year everyone was hyping Miss Kosovo because of her sash, she was a major fail last year.

STOP LYING!

[youtube]ygxoZ-V0hzo[/youtube]
U.faGGs.wanna.be.me.so.bad.U.copied.my.whole.swaG
SUAVE
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: YOU MAD?
Date of Birth: 10 Jul 1935
Profession: YOU MAD?
Hobbies/Interests: YOU MAD?

Postby PRINCE CALIXTO » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:27 pm

darkvindak wrote:PRINCE CALIXTO, don't laugh to me but I don't know what sash mean :| can you explain to me

You are so cute! is OK, sash factor, means the name of the country ( the reputation) they are carrying in the band (the piece of material) around their bodies ans which says what country they come from... >:D<
PRINCE CALIXTO

Postby petrey » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:29 pm

PRINCE CALIXTO wrote:[font=Arial][size=150][font=Arial]
petrey wrote:[size=150]Interesting enough, I don't think that Deborah's sash has helped her gain popularity, but rather potentially even hinder her chances at a semifinalist spot because of it. In the past, Miss Malaysia contestants have been so-so, forgotten and have not been considered threats...so for Debby to get noticed because of her training and beauty, sans sash, I think she deserves the hype. If you replace Deborah's sash with another country like Philippines or Vietnam, she will get hyped like there's no tomorrow. :=p

I love it, Petrey, you really write and sound like a pro! Kudos! . :=p .. And how do you explain that Kosovo and PR are not as favorite in forums like POB who also has people from allover the world, including Puerto Rico, Philippines, Panama, Colombia, USA, Mexico, Indonesia, India , Brazil and much more?

I honestly can't explain that. I think that while misso is a culturally diverse forum, there are a lot of Puerto Ricans here, which could possible play a role in Viviana's exposure in this forum? And if someone bashes Kosovo, you know Suave and Aphroditte will beat their asses. >:) >:) So maybe that's why nobody puts Kosovo lower in their lists? But this year, I don't know how anyone is blind enough to bash Aferdita.
Last edited by petrey on Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
petrey

Postby SUAVE » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:33 pm

petrey wrote:

I honestly can't explain that. I think that while misso is a culturally diverse forum, there is an overwhelving amount of Puerto Ricans here, which could possible play a role in Viviana's exposure in this forum? And if someone bashes Kosovo, you know Suave and Aphroditte will beat their asses. >:) >:) So maybe that's why nobody puts Kosovo lower in their lists? But this year, I don't know how anyone is blind enough to bash Aferdita.

I DONT GIVE A f**k ABOUT YOUR SHITTY ASS LISTS, YOU IDIOT!
SUAVE

Postby petrey » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:38 pm

SUAVE wrote:
petrey wrote:

I honestly can't explain that. I think that while misso is a culturally diverse forum, there is an overwhelving amount of Puerto Ricans here, which could possible play a role in Viviana's exposure in this forum? And if someone bashes Kosovo, you know Suave and Aphroditte will beat their asses. >:) >:) So maybe that's why nobody puts Kosovo lower in their lists? But this year, I don't know how anyone is blind enough to bash Aferdita.

This is exactly what you were saying PC about speaking your mind and getting attacked. This is a public forum. I didn't ask you if you gave a shit about my list, which I don't even recall giving in this thread, so what are you talking about?? You need to calm down, I wasn't even bashing Aferdita. You think you're high and mighty giving me a thumbs down, woo I'm scared. :-@ :-@
Last edited by petrey on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
petrey

Postby SUAVE » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:41 pm

petrey wrote:
SUAVE wrote:
petrey wrote:

This is exactly what I mean. I didn't ask you if you gave a shit about my list, which I don't even recall giving in this thread, so what are you talking about?? You need to calm down, I wasn't even bashing Aferdita. :-@ :-@

SHUT THE f**k UP AND DONT MAKE SHIT UP TO PLEASE UR BESTIE U FUCKIN BABOON
SUAVE

Postby petrey » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:46 pm

SUAVE wrote:
petrey wrote:
SUAVE wrote:
petrey wrote:

This is exactly what I mean. I didn't ask you if you gave a shit about my list, which I don't even recall giving in this thread, so what are you talking about?? You need to calm down, I wasn't even bashing Aferdita. :-@ :-@

This is pointless. I can't compete with anyone who resorts to insults and language instead of having a rational debate. Bye.
petrey

Postby PRINCE CALIXTO » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:49 pm

[font=Arial]
Aphroditte wrote:
[size=150]Sorry, but I would not careless if a fag included Aferdita in his/her list or not.
And her sash & connections with Fadil haven't got anything to do with her.

If Aferdita is going to place, it will solely be up to her beauty & preparation,
since when the f**k did Fadil have a say in this?

We had ''certified Goddesses'' like Eralda, Sadina & Matilda, and yet, they did not place.
And don't let me remind you of Agnesa in 2005.

Fadil has no say in who places or not. I'm sick of hearing this.
If our girls place, it's SOLELY up to them.

Berisha even fucked up our chances many times, with sending beautiful girls to Miss Universe,
and giving them null preparation.

So the SASH/BERISHA factor is BULLSHIT.

And noone hyped Keshtjella last year. The girl was a mess from the start, so whatever.

Well, is true.. Fadil is very important for the MUO and he has a very good reputation, but , he does not have any influence on who places, or who wins Miss Universe.. If it were for that, Kosovo would have placed last year, Albania won ( which she truly deserve last year) and Zana Krasnsqi would have been at least top 5, which she also deserve as well.
Last edited by PRINCE CALIXTO on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PRINCE CALIXTO

Postby SUAVE » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:49 pm

petrey wrote:
SUAVE wrote:
petrey wrote:
SUAVE wrote:
petrey wrote:

This is pointless. I can't compete with anyone who resorts to insults and language instead of having a rational debate. Bye.

DONT MENTION MY NAME AND WE'RE FINE, UGG! NOW SHUT THE f**k UP U SLAVE
SUAVE

Postby Agua Maldita » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:04 pm

THE ONLY ONE WITH A SASH FACTOR THERE IS PR

AND SHE DESERVES TO BE IN THE TOP 15
ImageImage
Agua Maldita

Real Life Name/Nick: Alyssa
Date of Birth: 12 Dec 1990
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Missosology Royalty
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants. GTL. Beach, Travel.

Postby PRINCE CALIXTO » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:07 pm

Well, trying to clear the air a little bit here..... I think that Kosovo and Puerto Rico might not be as favorites in forums like POB, for 2 reasons;

1- Because over there they have more people from other parts of the world and there are no groups of people from one particular country and also no cliques of people.

2- Simply because different people have different tastes and I respect that. What some might like in this forum, others might not in other forums, and the same with other contestants from other countries. :)>-
Last edited by PRINCE CALIXTO on Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PRINCE CALIXTO

Postby PRINCE CALIXTO » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:10 pm

Agua Maldita wrote:THE ONLY ONE WITH A SASH FACTOR THERE IS PR

AND SHE DESERVES TO BE IN THE TOP 15

Yes, I agree and she is in my top 15. The point is that in other forums, like POB , both Kosovo and Puerto Rico are not that favorites, but Malaysia is. I just found it very interesting!
PRINCE CALIXTO

Postby Pedro » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:21 pm

I think PR is gorgeous, but a little bit of her fame comes from sash factor... Malaysia NO WAY and Kosovo I can't tell. So young at Miss Universe but also so damaging, I think all eyes were on that pageant, just like everyone got crazy last year when Kethshtsjktshela Pepshi was announced as the winner. I was like: "good girl, but this is Kosovo... when the pageant comes, she'll be the one to beat." but she didn't improve that much :%((
So I think that there are higher expectations in these two than in Malaysia.
Pedro
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Pedro
Date of Birth: 26 Nov 1993
Profession: Researcher
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: ­­­­­­­­­

Postby pageantfan_attic » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:32 pm

puerto rico is the one called for her sash ... but then again she deserves to be in the top 10... malaysia and kosovo are goddesses and are also worth the place... people have different opinions and stance over a certain candidate and much have been said by pageant aficionados .. the one's who are well known for their powerhouse records in beauty pageants are those most likely to be talked about ... the transformation of these ladies is the most awaited part .. while all transformations play a significant effect in choosing the top list amongst forumers there are also quiet a few whose choices came from personal research and expertise ... then again everything varies .. afterall, its the ladies' performance that will be judged anyway... as for the interesting note that neither kosovo and puerto rico a favorite in pob but malaysia is, then it goes to say that the way they choose their fave is not likely the same as anyone else.. one thing im certain though, malaysia is but the most talked candidate in any pageant forum ....
pageantfan_attic
CUTIES are ADORABLE & CUTE members.

Date of Birth: 19 Oct 1987
Profession: freelance
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: photography

Postby kate21 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:40 pm

Agree with the sash factor thing and the many people are influenced here by the majority taste, but I think Malaysia,Kosovo and PR deserve the hype... I´m trying to be not influenced and I don´t have Mexico or Venezuela in my TOP 15, I think, with these two cases this year is the biggest hype because of their sashes..
kate21
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 15 Dec 1989
Profession: student
Hobbies/Interests: music,movies,fun

Postby albeez » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:00 pm

I don't think SASH plays that much of a factor. PR and Venezuela prepare their girls consistently, so people have expectations. Yet, how many delegates from Malaysia or other less placing countries are known to work their ass off? Most of the time, how much you work is how much you'll get. Also, I'm scared of people considering Kosovo a powerhouse country, not that I dont like it but what if we jinx it? Not that there aren't beautiful girls in Kosovo and Albania but that Fadil has many obligations and cant handle 3246256 stuff at once and may fail to train them. And I think Kosovo is more popular in this forum because we as Albanians have stood up to get Kosovo noticed. And people have noticed her. Don't forget that there are 897839484 Filipino members here but people dont put Philippines on their list unless the girl is really a favorite. Just my two cents. :)>-
ImageImageImage
BARBARA PALVIN <3 LALALALALA
albeez
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Date of Birth: 09 Apr 1915
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: music, shopping, writing, photography, BEAUTY

Postby marinafey » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:06 pm

Malaysia is definitely deserving . So is Kossovo she is beautiful and seems to have attitude. PR is sash factor. I don't think she's beautiful at all she kind of looks like a man she will be this years eva arias (good body and catwalk but lacks femininity in the face). And Venezuela is not consistent she is pretty but she doesn't wow me her favor is her body and being from Venezuela. It doesn't excite me to see new pics of PR or Venezuela this year like it did last year with Marelissa and Mariana
marinafey

Date of Birth: 12 Sep 1987
Profession: visual merchandise
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: art music beauty theater

Postby omardelperu » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:00 pm

MISS KOVOSO IS GORGE!!
PUERTO RICO ON THE OTHER HAND, IF HER SASH READ EL SALVADOR FOR EXAMPLE SHE WOULD BE OVERLOOKED
MALAYSIA'S SASH LOL, I DONT THINK IS GONNA HELP DEBORAH AT ALL SINCE MALAYSIA HAS ONLY MADE THE CUT ONCE OR TWICE.
omardelperu

Real Life Name/Nick: Omar
Date of Birth: 13 Oct 1991
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: student
Hobbies/Interests: Working out, internet, watching realities, partyin

Postby Jayant » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:11 pm

Well, Malaysia has nooo sash factor at all. When u hear about miss Kosovo, u ll expect someone hawt. And when u hear ms Peurto rico, u will know that there will be a fierce bitch on stage. Peurto Rico and Venezuela have a sach factor cause they bring it every year (except 2007 PR sorry)
Jayant

Date of Birth: 06 Jun 1966
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Life&Style

Postby mrworld » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:17 pm

All are deserving,,,,period :=p
mrworld
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jasper
Date of Birth: 10 Dec 1985
Profession: Business Man
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Everything
Message: PAT-TULAK FACEBOOK FAN PAGE LINK http://www.facebook.com/pages/PAT-TULAK ... 12667746?v

Postby Jerry » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:28 pm

here we go again!

why you can't admit that Puerto Rico is better than Venezuela this year?

you only want to convince some forumers to dislike the frontrunners (specially my country) and to love your Vanessa!... just like some years ago :zzz

so tell me, do you think Stefania was a deserving winner or even a deserving semifinalist?
(BE HONEST)

biggest JOKE ever =;))

Last edited by Jerry on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
Jerry

Real Life Name/Nick: Jeyto
Date of Birth: 04 Oct 1989
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe

Postby Jerry » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:29 pm

mrworld wrote:All are deserving,,,,period :=p

:=p :=p :=p
Jerry

Real Life Name/Nick: Jeyto
Date of Birth: 04 Oct 1989
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe

Postby Kataa » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:55 pm

Malaysa is beautiful & I think she can GO very far in the competition...
Kosovo & Puerto Rico... OMG please just leave them alone some people here don't accept that both countrys
send AMAZING girls & I don't know Kosovo but I think she is working hard. PR! YOU know why puertorricans
& venezuelans & blah blah make the semis most years? BECAUSE they work hard... they work they work & they work
their ass! not like other countrys that maybe they send prettier girls but they don't have a great catwalk; dead on stage
& people don't like that! It's like Ukraine last year... she maybe beautiful but for me she was a Trump card because she puted
me to :zzz when she was on stage & I don't think she deserved her Top 5 placement because of her preformance!

Thats the thing, PR works hard to at least be a semi... GOSH! Last year I prefer Eva over some pretty faces that there were
in the Top 15... So my point: If the girl works hard(she has potential, catwalk, fierce, smart) she deserves it. :finger:
Kataa

Date of Birth: 26 Aug 1994
Profession: College
Hobbies/Interests: Photography

Postby MariaAndreina » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:56 pm

Well only Puerto Rico has sash factor and i think she deserves all the hype.
MariaAndreina

Real Life Name/Nick: Maria
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

Next

Return to Miss Universe