★♔ ROAD TO MISS UNIVERSE PHILIPPINES 2020 ♔★

Moderator: QUASAR

Forum rules
Discuss today's male beauty pageants & create threads dedicated to your favorite hunks!

Re: ★♔ ROAD TO MISS UNIVERSE PHILIPPINES 2020 ♔★

Postby ononymous » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:57 pm

I have a concern. This year, there will be dozens of handpicked representatives from "Accredited Partners" of most regions and LGUs in the Philippines. Will all of these girls be part of the official MUP 2020 roster? That's insane! Last I counted, there were at least 50 of those accredited partners. Would there be no more screening for them? How about those girl who applied directly? Will they be screened?

It'll be awful to see a pageant having 70-some girls competing for one crown.

ononymous
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Regina
Date of Birth: 13 May 1974
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Studying for my doctorate ;)
Hobbies/Interests: Anthropology and demography

Postby bifnaked » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:25 am

The Duchess wrote:Is it true Athisa dropped out? :%((

True, there is a rumour it was just a publicity stunt by MUP. She said she dropped out due to health issues
bifnaked
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 21 Oct 1985
Profession: Exotic Dancer
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: Exotic Dancing

Postby The Duchess » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:28 am

bifnaked wrote:

True, there is a rumour it was just a publicity stunt by MUP. She said she dropped out due to health issues

:%(( NU
|Miss U 2019 First List|
[url]missosology.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1759981[/url]
The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby bifnaked » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:28 am

ononymous wrote:I have a concern. This year, there will be dozens of handpicked representatives from "Accredited Partners" of most regions and LGUs in the Philippines. Will all of these girls be part of the official MUP 2020 roster? That's insane! Last I counted, there were at least 50 of those accredited partners. Would there be no more screening for them? How about those girl who applied directly? Will they be screened?

From what I read, they will still be screened. They should limit to 20 max quality candidates - yan Kung aabot sa 20 :%))
bifnaked

Postby bifnaked » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:29 am

The Duchess wrote:
bifnaked wrote:

It’s ok she is still very young, it’s a good decision to drop out this early and come back prepared next time
bifnaked

Postby The Duchess » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:48 am

bifnaked wrote:
The Duchess wrote:
bifnaked wrote:

It’s ok she is still very young, it’s a good decision to drop out this early and come back prepared next time

but what if she joins another pageant? :%(( :%(( :%(( she is a Miss Universe or MW top 5er atleast
|Miss U 2019 First List|
[url]missosology.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1759981[/url]
The Duchess

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby ononymous » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:59 am

bifnaked wrote:
ononymous wrote:I have a concern. This year, there will be dozens of handpicked representatives from "Accredited Partners" of most regions and LGUs in the Philippines. Will all of these girls be part of the official MUP 2020 roster? That's insane! Last I counted, there were at least 50 of those accredited partners. Would there be no more screening for them? How about those girl who applied directly? Will they be screened?

From what I read, they will still be screened. They should limit to 20 max quality candidates - yan Kung aabot sa 20 :%))

With just one crown at stake, I think 20-25 girls would suffice.

The countless candidates work for Bb. Pilipinas because of multiple crowns at stake. In MUP, it'll just be cumbersome.
ononymous

Real Life Name/Nick: Regina
Date of Birth: 13 May 1974
Profession: Studying for my doctorate ;)
Hobbies/Interests: Anthropology and demography

Postby bifnaked » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:06 am

ononymous wrote:
bifnaked wrote:

With just one crown at stake, I think 20-25 girls would suffice.

The countless candidates work for Bb. Pilipinas because of multiple crowns at stake. In MUP, it'll just be cumbersome.

I wouldn’t mind 10 very competitive girls and high quality production. In the end, only 1 will be crowned anyway
bifnaked

Postby bifnaked » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:07 am

The Duchess wrote:
bifnaked wrote:
The Duchess wrote:
bifnaked wrote:

but what if she joins another pageant? :%(( :%(( :%(( she is a Miss Universe or MW top 5er atleast

Maybe Miss Word but I don’t she will join any other pageant
bifnaked

Postby Malcanthet » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:07 pm

The very first year we will see a lot of handpicked girls but I am sure by next year we are going to see a lot of regional pageants organized by the accredited partners.
Malcanthet

Real Life Name/Nick: TCL
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1969
Profession: Adm Asst
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Music, swimming

Postby czacee » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:43 pm

i don't know if it's just me but this pageant season (in both MUP and Binibini) is a little bit lackluster.

i believe our safest bet for this year's MUP is Alaiza Malinao with Sandra Lemonon coming in at second place. I feel like in this year's Miss Universe, it will be beauty over speech/oratory. Zozi, although very engaging when she talks, seems not to be attracting endorsements and guestings. Miss Universe needs to crown a marketable beauty this year if they want their brand to still thrive.
czacee
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 06 Jun 1992
Profession: Socialite
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: BEAUTY
Message: Haven't you heard? I'm the crazy bitch around here.

Postby alex sivixay » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:40 pm

czacee wrote:i don't know if it's just me but this pageant season (in both MUP and Binibini) is a little bit lackluster.

i believe our safest bet for this year's MUP is Alaiza Malinao with Sandra Lemonon coming in at second place. I feel like in this year's Miss Universe, it will be beauty over speech/oratory. Zozi, although very engaging when she talks, seems not to be attracting endorsements and guestings. Miss Universe needs to crown a marketable beauty this year if they want their brand to still thrive.

Hahahaha come on! Iris, Demi, Cat were all just like Zozi gurl it is not about marketable it's about how IMG and Paula work and attract them too
alex sivixay
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: alex sivixay
Date of Birth: 16 Jul 1997
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: students
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: chatting

Postby fortela » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:09 pm

alex sivixay wrote:
czacee wrote:i don't know if it's just me but this pageant season (in both MUP and Binibini) is a little bit lackluster.

Hahahaha come on! Iris, Demi, Cat were all just like Zozi gurl it is not about marketable it's about how IMG and Paula work and attract them too

I KNOW CAT HAD BEEN TO A lot of television GUESTINGS AT THIS TIME AND MODELING CONTRACTS LINED UP IN PHILIPPINES WHEN SHE GETS HOME..I KNOW THAT PHILIPPINE COMMUNITY SOCIIETIES COULDN'T GET CAT AND EVEN PIA TO MAKE APPEARANCES IN THEIR EVENTS BECAUSE THEY WERE ALREADY BOOKED.
fortela

Real Life Name/Nick: ninen
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: paralegal
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageants

Postby czacee » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:47 pm

alex sivixay wrote:

Hahahaha come on! Iris, Demi, Cat were all just like Zozi gurl it is not about marketable it's about how IMG and Paula work and attract them too[/quote

no, hun. i think you're getting it wrong. of course it's all about being marketable. case in point, it's NYFW and where is Zozi? she's MIA. in the last Super Bowl red carpet, where is Zozi? again, she's MIA. the past MUs have graced said events from the first few months since they got crowned. why did they ignore Zozi?

if Paula and the IMG team can't sell you to brands, no one will invite you for guestings or endorsements - no matter how hard they work to book you one. at the end of the day, it's all about the girl.
czacee

Date of Birth: 06 Jun 1992
Profession: Socialite
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: BEAUTY
Message: Haven't you heard? I'm the crazy bitch around here.

Postby alex sivixay » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:35 pm

czacee wrote:
alex sivixay wrote:

Hahahaha come on! Iris, Demi, Cat were all just like Zozi gurl it is not about marketable it's about how IMG and Paula work and attract them too[/quote

no, hun. i think you're getting it wrong. of course it's all about being marketable. case in point, it's NYFW and where is Zozi? she's MIA. in the last Super Bowl red carpet, where is Zozi? again, she's MIA. the past MUs have graced said events from the first few months since they got crowned. why did they ignore Zozi?

if Paula and the IMG team can't sell you to brands, no one will invite you for guestings or endorsements - no matter how hard they work to book you one. at the end of the day, it's all about the girl.

Sure that is your opinion and I respect that
And it is mine I am not sure about Super Bowl but NYFW happens to be the same date she is doing her home coming and at least she appeared in one of the opening at NYFW if I'm not mistaken on the first day. and you know what it has been only been a couple months only, I believe you should def wait and see her reign before judging her. I am not saying she is the one with most jobs but she is doing her role amazingly.

And I mean yeah if you think IMG is purely looking for beauty first then go head I am also waiting to see :)
alex sivixay

Postby alex sivixay » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:46 pm

fortela wrote:
alex sivixay wrote:

I KNOW CAT HAD BEEN TO A lot of television GUESTINGS AT THIS TIME AND MODELING CONTRACTS LINED UP IN PHILIPPINES WHEN SHE GETS HOME..I KNOW THAT PHILIPPINE COMMUNITY SOCIIETIES COULDN'T GET CAT AND EVEN PIA TO MAKE APPEARANCES IN THEIR EVENTS BECAUSE THEY WERE ALREADY BOOKED.

Okay I am just addressing myself and my opinion here first up I love and adore Cat and Pia so much. Second you have to admit that EVERY Queen during her home coming will get a lot of work because if her home countries does not support her the most then who right? Same goes with any queens let's say Bint and Antonia from Thailand (Which Thai fans brag about how they get many jobs but i'll just leave it here) got many shooting in Thailand but imagine them being in Japan or Poland respectively I believe they might be forgotten too.

It's really up to how and what you think but to me Zozi has the most high fashion, modelesque look among Miss Universe in recent memory, she is so relatable and voicing up for women of color which is also different and I do believe being a Miss Universe does not has to always be on Fashion Spread or ads but also activities like this. And believe me or not if IMG/MUO has not been clear enough about the direction they are taking among their title holders from Miss Teen USA, Miss USA winners, many more stories on Miss Universe stage then I just don't know how. But still this is what I think.
alex sivixay

Postby cabra_chupa » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:37 am

JONAS GAFFUD: NO HAMPAS-LUPA ALLOWED! :%)) :%))
FOR THE RED CARPET PRESS PRESENTATION! GOOD LUCK LADIES LATER TONIGHT! >=p
cabra_chupa
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: Travelling

Postby cabra_chupa » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:42 am

MICHELE IS ALREADY IN MANILA HOTEL GETTING READY FOR TONIGHTS RED CARPET PRESENTATION AND INTERVIEWS FROM SOME FANS! >=p >=p
cabra_chupa

Postby cabra_chupa » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:53 am

MICHELE IS WELL PREPARED FOR THE EVENT WITH HER TEAM! GO MICHELE! >=p >=p

cabra_chupa

Postby kantutay » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:55 am

cabra_chupa wrote:
JONAS GAFFUD: NO HAMPAS-LUPA ALLOWED! :%)) :%))
FOR THE RED CARPET PRESS PRESENTATION! GOOD LUCK LADIES LATER TONIGHT! >=p

No hampas lupa? So tita Lavinia is out?
kantutay

Hobbies/Interests: travel

Postby bifnaked » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:06 am

Ganda ni Alaiza
bifnaked

Postby cabra_chupa » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:10 am

slay! good luck michele! >=p

cabra_chupa

Postby bifnaked » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:38 am

Alex Elcano

Lou Piczon

Tracy Maureen Perez
bifnaked

Postby lutosfeet » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:10 am

Mkhang pinag handaan ni Michelle hmmm let's see baka sya na magustuhan ko
lutosfeet

Date of Birth: 04 Mar 1987
Profession: Rocker
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: pageant and writing

Postby blunderer » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:29 am

What time ba? Sabi sa announcement 1pm.
blunderer

Real Life Name/Nick: Buong Buong Marcos
Date of Birth: 10 Feb 1988
Profession: Hot
Hobbies/Interests: Menace

Postby cabra_chupa » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:35 am

OFFICIAL SASHES ARE READY! >=p
cabra_chupa

Postby blunderer » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:37 am

cabra_chupa wrote:
OFFICIAL SASHES ARE READY! >=p

We may have TOO much candidates.
blunderer

Real Life Name/Nick: Buong Buong Marcos
Date of Birth: 10 Feb 1988
Profession: Hot
Hobbies/Interests: Menace

Postby bifnaked » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:53 am

bifnaked

Postby bifnaked » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:55 am

bifnaked

Postby bifnaked » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:00 am

bifnaked

PreviousNext

Return to Male Pageants