• MISS UNIVERSE 2017 • OFFICIAL COVERAGE •

• MISS UNIVERSE 2017 • OFFICIAL COVERAGE •

Postby LuigiAvila1985 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:36 pm

Miss Universe: Melbourne makes 2017 final bid

FORGET the 2028 Olympics, Melbourne could be on the world stage much sooner after a bid to host the international Miss Universe final next year.

The newly appointed director of Miss Universe Australia Troy Barbagallo has confirmed to the Herald Sun that an official bid to host the international final in 2017 and 2018 has been placed with the international owner of the beauty pageant, IMG.

“I have already put in a bid on behalf of Australia to host the international final back-to-back in both 2017 and 2018 and they have shown a lot of interest in us,” the Perth businessman said.

“Australia is on their target, so now it will just come down to which state government we can get support from, and Victoria is high on our list,” he said.

Mr Barbagallo said that Miss Universe, the second most watched event in the world after the World Cup, with over 1 billion viewers, offers a great return on investment.

“The cost of putting on an event like the Grand Prix or the Olympics, in terms of infrastructure, is massive compared to Miss Universe and yet you get similar exposure to the world.”

Last edited by LuigiAvila1985 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:36 am, edited 25 times in total.
LuigiAvila1985
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Luis Avila
Date of Birth: 25 Oct 1985
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Profession: Employee
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe

Re: ♦ OFFICIAL COVERAGE | MISS UNIVERSE 2017 ♦

Postby LuigiAvila1985 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:37 pm

Angola_Lauriela Martins
Last edited by LuigiAvila1985 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:59 pm, edited 10 times in total.
LuigiAvila1985

Postby unbreakable » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:43 pm

:-O That was Fast
unbreakable
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: (-_-)
Date of Birth: 01 Nov 1993
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: SDSDAD
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Piano

Postby LuigiAvila1985 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:51 pm

Australia Wants to Host Miss Universe 2017 & 2018!

The new Miss Universe Australia national director Troy Barbagallo has made a bid to host the Miss Universe pageant in Australia for the next two years!

Excerpts of the news article below:

The newly appointed director of Miss Universe Australia Troy Barbagallo has confirmed to the Herald Sun that an official bid to host the international final in 2017 and 2018 has been placed with the international owner of the beauty pageant, IMG.

“I have already put in a bid on behalf of Australia to host the international final back-to-back in both 2017 and 2018 and they have shown a lot of interest in us,” the Perth businessman said.

“Australia is on their target, so now it will just come down to which state government we can get support from, and Victoria is high on our list,” he said.

“The cost of putting on an event like the Grand Prix or the Olympics, in terms of infrastructure, is massive compared to Miss Universe and yet you get similar exposure to the world.”

“In terms of visibility through television and social media, Miss Universe would showcase Melbourne just as much as events like the Grand Prix.”

[img]https://scontent-sin6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14355076_1107882445928268_9027670373727397928_n.jpg?oh=6f9e29f2aedb0427f10fb469f4788276&oe=58767D8C[/img]
Last edited by LuigiAvila1985 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LuigiAvila1985

Postby JoelR » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:11 am

Did Philippines say they were going to or in the talks of hosting Miss Universe 2017?
JoelR
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Date of Birth: 21 May 1994
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: culinary arts
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Painting

Postby hauteegirl » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:30 am

http://fearlessprediction.blogspot.com/2016/09/miss-universe-2016-psychic-prediction.html

Today, I have seen how things will unfold at the 2016 edition of the Miss Universe Pageant. Here is my 2016 Miss Universe psychic prediction:

>I see a beautiful lady who will speak from heart and touch the spirits of all present, and there will be no words but silence for a few seconds, then rush of emotions so the world will be hers now. With "C" in her name, it will not take long to see her talents too! She will come close to winning and has a very bright scope. She will be from a country between North Pacific ocean and South Atlantic ocean.

>The next top contender will be with that with softness and calm with triple "I" in her name, and a royal tradition in her blood, She is from from a country next to North Atlantic ocean.

>The next top best participant will be from a big country where whole world exists together. She will have D starting in her name.
There will be a lady of magical charm and also belong to a big corporate or an organised sector. I see her name will start with an "M", with a place name starting with "V" who will find it hard first but will have a fair chance to win later.

>At this position I see a lady with some sadness as her heart breaks with the name having "Y", very proud and win many titles.

>There are hidden things that will come to notice during the Miss Universe pageant. There can be some possible disqualifications, and also something that marks some serious issues at that duration of time in some part of the world.

From this prediction, it seemed like Australia will place Top 5
hauteegirl

Real Life Name/Nick: Queen
Date of Birth: 14 Jan 2008
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: beauty queen
Hobbies/Interests: exotic plants hobbyist

Postby JoelR » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:35 am

hauteegirl wrote:http://fearlessprediction.blogspot.com/2016/09/miss-universe-2016-psychic-prediction.html

Today, I have seen how things will unfold at the 2016 edition of the Miss Universe Pageant. Here is my 2016 Miss Universe psychic prediction:

>I see a beautiful lady who will speak from heart and touch the spirits of all present, and there will be no words but silence for a few seconds, then rush of emotions so the world will be hers now. With "C" in her name, it will not take long to see her talents too! She will come close to winning and has a very bright scope. She will be from a country between North Pacific ocean and South Atlantic ocean.

>The next top contender will be with that with softness and calm with triple "I" in her name, and a royal tradition in her blood, She is from from a country next to North Atlantic ocean.

>The next top best participant will be from a big country where whole world exists together. She will have D starting in her name.
There will be a lady of magical charm and also belong to a big corporate or an organised sector. I see her name will start with an "M", with a place name starting with "V" who will find it hard first but will have a fair chance to win later.

>At this position I see a lady with some sadness as her heart breaks with the name having "Y", very proud and win many titles.

>There are hidden things that will come to notice during the Miss Universe pageant. There can be some possible disqualifications, and also something that marks some serious issues at that duration of time in some part of the world.

How funny would it be if Brenda gets disqualified. The ultimate karma. >:) >:) >:) >:)
JoelR

Date of Birth: 21 May 1994
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: culinary arts
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: Painting

Postby jhunz23 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:42 am

based on the other's previous post ...does it mean that Australia will not win MW in the next few years? (since they will host the Miss Universe?) Hahahah!
jhunz23
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: teacher
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Postby Jaishee » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:22 am

France and Venezuela for now :hx
TEAM PHILIPPINES 2024
UNIVERSE: -
WORLD: GWEN FOURNIOL
EARTH: -
INTERNATIONAL: ANGELICA LOPEZ
SUPRANATIONAL: ALETHEA AMBROSIO
Jaishee
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jaishee
Date of Birth: 08 Mar 1998
Profession: Physiotherapy Graduate
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby mister_egzotica » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:30 am

LuigiAvila1985 wrote:Kazakstan_Kamilla Asylova

As for now Kazakhstan hasn't confirmed their delegate for 2016 edition, since Regina Valter got married, as Miss Almaty winner Kamila might be considered for this year.
mister_egzotica

Date of Birth: 02 Dec 1917
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: *******
Hobbies/Interests: *******

Postby Stoichio » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:20 pm

JoelR wrote:
hauteegirl wrote:http://fearlessprediction.blogspot.com/2016/09/miss-universe-2016-psychic-prediction.html

How funny would it be if Brenda gets disqualified. The ultimate karma. >:) >:) >:) >:)

That might be KOSOVO...

It's interesting to note that this psychic has predicted MU15, MI, ME, MS very accurately this year. But in MW, he failed miserably. Haha! He couldn't see the under-the-table aspects maybe.
Stoichio
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping

Postby Stoichio » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:21 pm

AUSTRALIA would be a refreshing host of this pageant! :!! :!! >=p >=p
Stoichio

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping

Postby missofan705 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:18 pm

I've been dreaming of these countries hosting Miss Universe again after their great hosting in the 1970's: DOMINICAN REPUBLIC and AUSTRALIA. In fact, the 1977 pageant (Dominican Republic), as I watched it, it was the best production of the 70's that I watched on video. Honorable mentions are from the Philippines in 1974 and Australia in 1979 (sans the accident).

Australia bidding itself to be a host in 2017 and/or 2018 would be great! And who knows, Venezuela might repeat its Miss Universe victory in Australia (with their first Miss Universe, Maritza Sayalero), with Keysi Sayago!
PHILIPPINES! UNIVERSAL QUEENS!

MISS UNIVERSE 2015 - Pia Wurtzbach

MISS UNIVERSE 2018 - Catriona Gray
missofan705
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: Catriona Vanessa Ponce Gray
Date of Birth: 05 Jul 1985
Profession: Electronics Engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry, Science and Writing

Postby chorr » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:21 pm

YESSS!

If they want to stage a 2017 edition ala 2015, Australia is a perfect host because as it is on the southern hemisphere, the climate there will be totally warm and perfect for outside activities of Miss Universe, which probably be held somewhere around December again! So yeah! I totally support this!

Truth bombs, truth bombs everywhere!
chorr

Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: tambays

Postby Colonel Sanders » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:30 pm

I hope it will push through.. Australia is such a perfect place for Miss Universe. Jen Hawkins will be so happy.

ImageImageImage
Colonel Sanders

Date of Birth: 21 Jun 1988
Profession: Coffee Shop Owner / Part Time Model
Hobbies/Interests: Kentucky Fried Chicken

Postby LuigiAvila1985 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:50 am

65th Miss Universe: Courtesy Call to Malacañang Palace
By GB | Miss Universe 2016, Miss Universe 2017, News | 23 January 2017

MANILA, January 23 — President Rodrigo Roa Duterte welcomed the candidates of the 65th Miss Universe pageant with great pride and honor in a courtesy call in Malacañan on Monday, January 23. “We thank the Miss Universe organization for allowing us to host the 65th edition of the prestigious international competition,” the President said in his welcome message.

“It is truly a great honor for us to be sharing you our most beautiful destinations including the rich culture and history behind each of these gems,” President Duterte added.

The Miss Universe contestants toured various tourist spots and culturally-rich destinations in the country, such as Vigan, Cebu, Baguio, Batangas, and Davao, as part of their pre-pageant activities.

The Department of Tourism (DOT) is the government agency tasked to lead the Philippines’ hosting for this year’s Miss Universe pageant in coordination with partners in the private sector.

“More than presenting beauty and brains, the Miss Universe competition,” the Chief Executive said, “is an opportunity for the candidates to represent their country, promote their advocacies, and advance women empowerment.”

“More importantly, this is chance for you to make an impact, to inspire change, and even be the change that you wish to see in the world,” President Duterte concluded.

A total of 84 candidates, led by Miss Philippines Maxine Medina, made a courtesy call on the President. Two candidates from Finland and Switzerland, were not able to make it due to fever. “They have to rest. The doctor’s advice,” Tourism Secretary Wanda Corazon Tulfo-Teo said.

Teo is hopeful President Duterte would grace the event. She confirmed an invitation to the Miss Universe pageant night had already been sent to the President. The coronation of the Miss Universe will be on January 30 at the SM Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay City.

It is rumoured that the 66th Miss Universe pageant will come back to the Philippines, expected to be held in November/December.
LuigiAvila1985

Postby LuigiAvila1985 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:51 pm

France_Alicia Aylies
LuigiAvila1985

Postby LuigiAvila1985 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:57 pm

Korea_Cho Se-whee
LuigiAvila1985

Postby LuigiAvila1985 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:58 pm

Myanmar_Zun Than Sin
LuigiAvila1985

Postby LuigiAvila1985 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:00 am

Venezuela_Keysi Sayago
LuigiAvila1985

Postby LuigiAvila1985 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:04 am

Belgium_Romanie Schotte
LuigiAvila1985

Postby LuigiAvila1985 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:08 am

Serbia_Bojana Bojanić
Last edited by LuigiAvila1985 on Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
LuigiAvila1985

Postby LuigiAvila1985 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:26 am

[youtube]8hLNkuhSjnM[/youtube]

Philippines Could Host Again
LuigiAvila1985

Re: ROAD TO MISS UNIVERSE 2017

Postby Lind » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:56 am

Lind

Real Life Name/Nick: Lind
Profession: designer
Hobbies/Interests: Sport

Postby ManMeat » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:03 pm

ANGOLA - Lauriela Martins

BELGIUM - Romanie Schotte

FRANCE - Alicia Aylies

KAZAKHSTAN - Kamilla Asylova

KOREA - Se-whee Cho

MYANMAR - Zun Than Sin

SERBIA - Bojana Bojanić

VENEZUELA - Keysi Sayago
Last edited by ManMeat on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
ManMeat
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Date of Birth: 27 Mar 1989
Profession: I'm better than you
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: I'm gonna mention your dirty ass double standards

Postby Arandu » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:49 pm

The new Miss Brazil will be crowned in August!!!
Arandu
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Luiz
Date of Birth: 30 Jun 1954
Profession: Teacher
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe Pageant

Postby cica-maca » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:10 pm

Bojana Bojanic will represent Serbia in Miss Universe 2017 not Sara
cica-maca
CUTIES are ADORABLE & CUTE members.
CUTIES are ADORABLE & CUTE members.

Date of Birth: 18 Jun 1987
Profession: student
Hobbies/Interests: reading, enjoying life :)

Postby DONJUANSEXINESS » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:35 am

Thus far the best ones are France :=p and Venezuela :7.

I like that both are different from the last Miss France and Miss Venezuela. I always like when countries send up a girl that's not similar to their past one.
I think that they both can make it really far.

Keysi Sayago is the 3rd Miss Venezuela Morena (Black/with some African roots/ descent) . I have high hopes for her :hx
DONJUANSEXINESS
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Alex
Date of Birth: 08 Feb 1996
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Watching VenezuelanSoap Operas
Message: Él que tiene rabo de paja no debe acercarse a la candela

Postby Hanate » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:33 am

I second Venezuela and France as well!

Leaders of the pack!
Hanate

Date of Birth: 21 Mar 1987
Profession: Estimator
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion and Beauty

Postby QueenDaenerys » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:22 am

So excited for this batch! Can't wait for Iris to crown another beautiful lady.

I'M THE QUEEN SLAYER, B*TCHES!

QueenDaenerys

Date of Birth: 30 Apr 1994
Profession: Engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Watching pageants, eating
Message: There is an alternate universe where beauty pageant does not exist, we're blessed to be not in it.

Next

Return to Miss Universe