Miss Earth Prejudging Weight Criteria Changes

Miss Earth Prejudging Weight Criteria Changes

Postby Nand » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:02 pm

[youtube]jy_X_rxrpZg[/youtube]

As per Carousel Productions, the organizer of Miss Earth pageant the Poise and Beauty of Face segment comprises 65% of the total prejudging criteria while the remaining percentage will be for the Beauty of Figure & Form and the Environmental & Intelligence Competition plus a fraction for the Attitude.

This in response to the clamor of the Miss Earth pageant enthusiasts (commonly know as Earthlings from the portmanteau: Earth Darlings). FYI, the bashers of Miss Earth are called earthworms.

The change of the weight percentage in the prejudging criteria of the pageant as confirmed by Carousel is in lined with the theme "Goddesses of the Earth" and was introduced and piloted in the Miss Earth Philippines 2018 in which the first product is the reigning Miss Earth Philippines 2018 Celeste Cortesi.

Last edited by Nand on Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nand
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1985
Hobbies/Interests: Swimming

Re: Miss Earth Prejudging Percentage Criteria Changes

Postby Nand » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:03 pm

Geeyourhair wrote: I still can't fathom why even at this point (18 years) there are still some earthlings (not newbies) who think that Miss Earth Organization is tweaking criteria to favor a Philippine rep. Changing weights of this years criteria is not done to favor Celeste. In fact, Celeste was a result of that criteria's change. Please remember that all changes for Miss Earth may it be criteria, production, format, etc. the organization usually implement that during the local contest as a look-see-trial-and-error-method. This weight change was implemented first in the MEP without us being informed so boom we have Celeste as the winner. Now come the Miss Earth finals, more countries will be benefited with this change especially those where English language is not their forte. Isn't that what we want? Therefore more beauties from Europe, South America, Asia, Africa who can not converse well in English will now have equal chance with Celeste.

Also, this change in weight is just to be consistent with this year's theme GODDESS. Didn't we know that already even before Celeste join the local search in Italy as Miss Philippines rep?

If next year, Miss Earth has a theme of let's say GENIUSES..expect the weight percentage to change again. Miss Earth is so dynamic not a boring pageant...so every National Director has to be on guard all the time what the International organization is looking for. Contest is done every year so it is not hard for each organization to change their local criteria as well every year
Last edited by Nand on Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nand

Re: Miss Earth Prejudging Percentage Criteria Changes

Postby Nand » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:04 pm

MissPluto wrote:To be honest adjusting the criteria for judging doesn't bother me that much, at least Miss Earth is very transparent about it.

And if you earthworms are thinking that it's another advantage for Miss Philippines there are way more beautiful delegate than her so it's their advantage. I clearly remember last year when karen won a lot of people suggested that beauty should be prioritized since Miss Earth is after all a BEAUTY PAGEANT now that the organization listened ya'll still have problem and still using it against the organization, come on people give Miss Earth a break and if you are that focused on hating the pageant then do so no one stopping you even miss earth don't care about you. What ever the pageant does you still manage to throw a major shade, Miss World change it's criteria Puerto Rico won and the judging criteria wasnt even clear, Miss Universe change it's selection to Continents and 4 wildcard and ya'll are okay with it! that's just unfair. I don't want to say more about this as i am very satisfied specially after interacting with a few girls and they are just having the time of their life so do i. So bye ya'll i'm focusing on the exciting part not on your negativeness.
Nand

Re: Miss Earth Prejudging Weight Criteria Changes

Postby ambasing » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:54 pm

Why won't they just change this pageant's name from Mess earth to Ms Earthworm :%)) :%)) :%)) :%)) :%))
ambasing
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Real Life Name/Nick: Lester
Date of Birth: 11 Feb 1990
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: reading books

Postby manoypoe » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:02 pm

ambasing wrote:Why won't they just change this pageant's name from Mess earth to Ms Earthworm :%)) :%)) :%)) :%)) :%))

IF UGLY PERSONS INSIDE AND OUT LIKE YOU JOIN THE MISS EARTH PAGEANT, THEN THAT'S THE TIME THEY CAN RENAME THE PAGEANT. :-* :-* =;)) =;))
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby ajsy0203 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:13 pm

In a tightly contested race, the lower percentage in other areas can make a huge difference between a potential semifinalist and a clapper?
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby antoine » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:35 am

Surely in response to the Karen Ibasco issue.. I also notice she’s not very visible so far at this pageant ..
antoine

Date of Birth: 12 Jun 1984
Profession: Admin
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: swimming

Return to Miss Earth