Miss Earth: Breaking Barriers "DIVERSITY"

Postby manoypoe » Tue May 29, 2018 8:11 pm

Miss Earth Crown is with Lorraine Schuck.
14 hrs ·

In Focus

By: Mark Lee Gatchalian

Polarizing

Since it’s inception in 2001, Miss Earth has stood its ground on its advocacy which is deeply rooted in creating awareness for the preservation of the environment.

The yearly event is the biggest and a pioneer in utilizing beauty pageants as a means of advocating for mother Earth. It is the largest environmental gathering of beautiful Earth advocates from different parts of the world.

Throughout its 18 year history, it has been marred by controversies ranging from its criteria for judging down to the minutest detail of finding a host country for its annual event.

Akin to the natural poles of the earth, fans either gravitate towards the negative or bask in the positive things that the organization has to offer. But what is common amongst the long list of complaints coming from fans is the claim that, “ the organization’s inconsistent ability to produce beautiful winners, or should I say, consistently marketable/pageant standard type of beauties.”

Beauty

As defined by Merriam-Webster, is a quality in a person or thing that as a whole gives pleasure to the senses.

But what is True Beauty?
With the dawn of social media, beauty in a snap and at a click of a button is clearly magnified from that small device called the smartphone. Now more than ever we are living in a beauty obsessed society. Women, most specially, in the beauty pageant industry are obsessed in looking their best. The obsession sometimes results to pressures in making themselves look good and attain perfection.

There is so much focus on physical beauty and image that we tend to forget that beauty is relative. What is beautiful to me might not be beautiful to another. Hence, we have to understand that there is “beauty in diversity”. Beauty comes in all forms

Diversity

What makes Miss Earth unique is that it embraces diversity. Who could forget the voluptuous showing of Miss Earth-Philippines- Stephanie Stefanowits during the press presentation of Miss Earth 2012 and same can be said for Miss Earth Egypt 2014- Nancy Magdy, when she gloriously penetrated in the semifinals of the 2014 edition, same success can be said of Stefanowitz for her runner up finish. Lastly, the Lebanese delegate in 2009, Nicole Khoury, showed her glorious form at that years edition. These gorgeous ladies were body shamed and was even called names and haters claim that they are not at par with standards. But these women created a rippling effect which will forever change the beauty pageant industry.

Miss Earth has done it before and has redefined how we view beauty. What is beautiful and essential is mostly unseen by the senses. And what is the true essence of beauty? It is ones confidence, it is embracing oneself and it is holding true to what you are championing, environmental awareness.

It is important to note though that the ripple effect was felt a few years after, when rival beauty pageants followed suit, that is when Miss Universe Canada 2016 Sierra Bearchell penetrated the top 16 and showed to the world “again” that beauty comes in different forms,shapes and sizes.

Brainy

As they say, beauty only lasts for a few seconds. What will make a lasting impression then? It is your ability to connect with your listeners, it’s your ability to listen and verbalize your thoughts.

Miss Earth takes pride in producing intelligent, well rounded and advocacy driven environmental queens. Who could forget Hil Hernandez’s response in the 2006 edition when asked,”What effort must the country's government exert to stop global warming?, to which she responded,” We have to educate the people on global warming. We should help them to control pollution, create global consciousness. Bigger industries are involved here. You run the economy, now it is your turn to take care of Mother Earth”. And this response bagged her the main title.

How about the now iconic, witty answer of Miss Earth 2015, Angelia Ong,” We will because we can...” When asked to think of a slogan for Miss Earth to save mother Earth.

It is already almost given that if you give a logical and comprehensible response to the final, almost always, difficult question, you will be rewarded with a crown.

But the case is not the same for the 2012 edition, when Tereza Fajksova, who eventually went home with the title, was asked,” What would you consider as your defining moment as a woman?". In which she responded, “Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I'm so afraid that's my problem because I didn't understand the question so I will try to say this message : I want to say that we have to protect Mother Earth because you know, how big mother earth and the people is not a privilege it's a duty for us living on this planet…she gave us everything what we need to the life, so let's respect her and she will be respect us, so thank you, thank you so much.”

This is one famous argument by non-believers, they would use the Tereza Fajksova moment, that is if the final determiner is the final Q&A then why did the most beautiful woman of the night win? It appears as if she did not have the best answer.

Answer: Let’s not box the criterion from the other elements. One criterion doesn’t work in isolation from the other. Tereza Fajkova is a beautiful, well rounded queen. She gave a confident response despite the language barrier. Plus her reign proved her worth.

Whole Package

Simply put, the organization is looking for the whole package. A balance of all important elements: unfailing beauty of the body and mind, elegance and poise, real advocacy and wit. Then encapsulate it with diversity and you have your Miss Earth queen.

So is there a Miss Earth winner prototype?

Answer: Look at the winners from 2001 to present and the answer is “No”. The only prototype is that the winner is a true “Earth advocate”

Non believers claim that the downfall of Miss Earth is its inconsistent production of commercially viable beautiful women. But as seen with the legacy of Miss Earth’s 18 year journey, the so called downfall, is its main strength.

It has produced beautiful, diverse, advocacy driven and empowered women.

Miss Earth has redefined beauty in the beauty pageant industry, by turning its ‘so called’ downfall as its CORE.

Let’s congratulate Carousel Productions for going against the tide and traversing in the changing landscape of beauty. Miss Earth indeed changed with the changing times. And is still a pioneer in redefining beauty. The true definition of beauty is taking a real stand for Mother Earth.

What’s next for Miss Earth?

Be ready for Miss Earth’s ascension.

***Credits to the owner of the pictures

Last edited by manoypoe on Tue May 29, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
manoypoe
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Re: Miss Earth: Breaking Barriers "DIVERSITY"

Postby manoypoe » Tue May 29, 2018 8:15 pm

IS THIS ARTICLE A SUBTLE SLAPPING OF THE ATTACK DOGS HERE IN MISSO? THOSE WHO BOXED THE DEFINITION OF "BEAUTY" =;)) =;))
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Tue May 29, 2018 8:17 pm

Aras Jenny
Miss earth has truly given many including me a sole purpose in life and we appreciate that. Thank you Miss Earth Org and thank you Carousal Production.

Like · Reply · 14h

Miss Earth Crown
We are happy that the organization made a positive impact on you. Stay gorgeous and environmentally aware of course

Like· Reply · 14h
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Tue May 29, 2018 8:21 pm

Denise Adriatico
miss earth is the most peculiar beauty pageant in the world because it focuses on empowering people to change in relation to sustainable environment...

Like· Reply · 12h

Adriano Solano
I love miss earth but sometimes is disappointing to see girls who have done amazing project to protect the environment and work so hard during all the year to raise awareness and they don't event make to the top 15 and on the other side you see girls like miss Venezuela who only do photoshoots and nothing relevant and they enter in the top. I think that the org should value more the projects that the girls have done. Anyways This year I really like the winner because even if she wasn't my favorite I am glad that karen won the competition because she was the most consistent candidate and probably the most well spoken and she is just an amazing person . I just hope that this year miss earth will hire compe
tent translator because it is really important. Anyways miss earth is a beautiful pageant with probably the best advocacy . Sorry for my english I speak spanish
Like· Reply · 5h

Miss Earth Crown
Girls with amazing projects are rewarded during the pageant via the Eco Video and Environmental project awards. This is taken into account during the judging process. However, as mentioned in the article, there are other elements at play. And the girl has got to be the complete package. Thank you for supporting the organization.

Like· Reply · 4h
manoypoe

Postby nycla2 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:27 pm

Who cares? 8-}
nycla2
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Real Life Name/Nick: booyah
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1991
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: sports, music, movies and entertainment

Postby Stoichio » Wed May 30, 2018 12:15 am

nycla2 wrote:Who cares? 8-}

LOL!

Just let the earthlings be!
They are in constant hunt of validation to their claims!
Even if it’s an article by a nobody.
=;)) =;))

Excellent answers in 15 seconds.

The CAT on the RUNWAY!

Stoichio
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping

Postby nycla2 » Wed May 30, 2018 12:57 am

Stoichio wrote:

LOL!

=;)) =;))

Hahahah! He even copy paste curated comments from social media to justify haha how desperate! Diversity daw? Diversity ba ang Philippines lang lagi panalo? Lol oops Im gonna be banned! #karenkukaracha
nycla2

Postby Handsama » Wed May 30, 2018 1:36 am

Kudos to the writer of this very thoughtful commentary.

Anyway, I agree with the statement that there really is no Miss Earth prototype. The winners are a diverse set beauties who come from different backgrounds.

As I’ve said before, the only thing that I find similar amongst them is that almost always they end up being some of the best performers of the night.
Handsama
PAGEANT APPRENTICES are novice experts & connoisseurs.
PAGEANT APPRENTICES are novice experts & connoisseurs.

Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Profession: Secret
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Postby nycla2 » Wed May 30, 2018 1:37 am

Handsama wrote:Kudos to the writer of this very thoughtful commentary.

Anyway, I agree with the statement that there really is no Miss Earth prototype. The winners are a diverse set beauties who come from different backgrounds.

As I’ve said before, the only thing that I find similar amongst them is that almost always they end up being some of the best performers of the night.

I bet u wrote it haha
nycla2

Postby stupid_jerk » Wed May 30, 2018 2:50 am

If believers of Miss Earth are ‘constantly looking for validation’ as you non-believers say, I suggesst you stay away from ME threads and focus on the threads of pageants that you support.

In psychology, what you are showing is a simple admiration but hate to admit it thus you end up piling it all in and letting it out as a negative remark.

Lastly I could say that non-believers who often visit ME threads are also looking for validation, hoping to get some support. If you think ME is non-sense, then don’t stoop so low by wasting your time commenting here, simply read and move on to a different thread.
stupid_jerk
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Observer
Date of Birth: 25 Dec 1990
Profession: Homeboy
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Many to mention

Postby nycla2 » Wed May 30, 2018 2:51 am

stupid_jerk wrote:If believers of Miss Earth are ‘constantly looking for validation’ as you non-believers say, I suggesst you stay away from ME threads and focus on the threads of pageants that you support.

In psychology, what you are showing is a simple admiration but hate to admit it thus you end up piling it all in and letting it out as a negative remark.

Lastly I could say that non-believers who often visit ME threads are also looking for validation, hoping to get some support. If you think ME is non-sense, then don’t stoop so low by wasting your time commenting here, simply read and move on to a different thread.

Ur looking for validation too? Hahaha
nycla2

Postby stupid_jerk » Wed May 30, 2018 2:56 am

nycla2 wrote:
stupid_jerk wrote:If believers of Miss Earth are ‘constantly looking for validation’ as you non-believers say, I suggesst you stay away from ME threads and focus on the threads of pageants that you support.

Yep. Pretty much like you
stupid_jerk

Postby nycla2 » Wed May 30, 2018 2:57 am

stupid_jerk wrote:
nycla2 wrote:

Lol are u karens yaya? Bye
nycla2

Postby stupid_jerk » Wed May 30, 2018 3:00 am

nycla2 wrote:
stupid_jerk wrote:
nycla2 wrote:

Yes, and you’re her rag? Ok bye as well
stupid_jerk

Postby nycla2 » Wed May 30, 2018 3:13 am

stupid_jerk wrote:
nycla2 wrote:
stupid_jerk wrote:
nycla2 wrote:

Love u teh
nycla2

Postby stupid_jerk » Wed May 30, 2018 3:15 am

nycla2 wrote:
stupid_jerk wrote:
nycla2 wrote:
stupid_jerk wrote:
nycla2 wrote:

Love u teh

Love you din. Btw, love your posts. Real conversation starters.
stupid_jerk

Postby nycla2 » Wed May 30, 2018 3:28 am

stupid_jerk wrote:
nycla2 wrote:
stupid_jerk wrote:
nycla2 wrote:
stupid_jerk wrote:
nycla2 wrote:

Love u teh

Love you din. Btw, love your posts. Real conversation starters.

Thanks teh, nothing personal. I like u too! U seem nice and hot haha
nycla2

Postby manoypoe » Wed May 30, 2018 4:33 am

THE DOGS ARE TRIGGERED. LOVE IT. NOW THEY ARE BARKING AND WILL BARK MORE. IT WILL BE THEIR CRUSADE TO MALIGN MISS EARTH FURTHER. =;)) =;))
manoypoe

Postby missearthnews » Wed May 30, 2018 4:57 am

It only proves that Miss Earth is a force to reckon with. ME may not be the most sought-after crown but hell, it has cemented it's name in the beauty pageant scene and people/orgs are trying to bring it down because of their own personal agendas. Ehem ngawat.

I may not be in agreement with most earthlings here because of the latest winner, but i think ME will be a big brand, bigger than kambal ng tadhana's contest.

and i.. thank you.
missearthnews
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 09 Sep 1980
Profession: Newsmaker
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Earth News

Postby quelab22 » Wed May 30, 2018 5:16 am

nice article
Misso sistah.... please add me again in FB... quelab22@gmail.com thanks mwah mwah mwah
quelab22

Real Life Name/Nick: Quela Andrea... (queng)
Date of Birth: 22 Oct 1993
Profession: escort... of my father
Hobbies/Interests: watching fairytales

Postby nycla2 » Wed May 30, 2018 5:28 am

manoypoe wrote:THE DOGS ARE TRIGGERED. LOVE IT. NOW THEY ARE BARKING AND WILL BARK MORE. IT WILL BE THEIR CRUSADE TO MALIGN MISS EARTH FURTHER. =;)) =;))

Ur a dog with rabies haha
nycla2

Postby manoypoe » Wed May 30, 2018 7:43 am

nycla2 wrote:
manoypoe wrote:THE DOGS ARE TRIGGERED. LOVE IT. NOW THEY ARE BARKING AND WILL BARK MORE. IT WILL BE THEIR CRUSADE TO MALIGN MISS EARTH FURTHER. =;)) =;))

Ur a dog with rabies haha

TRIGGERED AND DOES IT HURT?
Last edited by manoypoe on Wed May 30, 2018 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manoypoe

Postby rajul_mamarridh31 » Wed May 30, 2018 2:07 pm

Very nice article. :=p :=p :=p
.....BIG FOUR PAGEANTS.....
.....Miss Universe.....Miss World.....Miss Earth.....Miss International.....
(Major and Legit Pageants)
rajul_mamarridh31
SUPER SONICS are SPEEDIEST posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jamil
Date of Birth: 31 Jul 1982
Profession: Guru
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Internet Surfing
Message: Appreciate The Beauties of the World. Be Kind....Spread Peace!

Postby brent520 » Thu May 31, 2018 2:41 am

nycla2 wrote:
Handsama wrote:Kudos to the writer of this very thoughtful commentary.

I bet u wrote it haha

Sa sobrang galing ba ng writer napagkamalan mong si Handsama? Nakakaloka ka bakla! Wag ilabas ang pagka Rabid Dog mentality =;))
brent520
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 20 May 2012
Profession: Bum
Hobbies/Interests: Studying, Working (is this even a hobby?)

Postby brent520 » Thu May 31, 2018 2:42 am

Stoichio wrote:

LOL!

=;)) =;))

EXACTLY LIKE YOU.

A NOBODY
brent520

Postby manoypoe » Thu May 31, 2018 4:38 am

brent520 wrote:
Stoichio wrote:

LOL!

=;)) =;))

EXACTLY LIKE YOU.

A NOBODY

SAPUL NA NAMAN KUMARE KO. SI NINA NA LANG KASI.PAGKA ABALAHAN. =;)) =;))

I AM SURE NINA WILL SING, NOBODY NOBODY LIKE YOU STOCCHIO. =;)) =;))
manoypoe

Postby ElsaHimala » Thu May 31, 2018 12:34 pm

How much money ME paid to this author just to band aid their problem. [-X
ElsaHimala

Real Life Name/Nick: La Au-nhor
Date of Birth: 07 Dec 1917
Profession: Fortune Teller
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Tarot and Crystal Ball reading

Postby brent520 » Thu May 31, 2018 5:32 pm

ElsaHimala wrote:How much money ME paid to this author just to band aid their problem. [-X

Zero. How much do you need to cure your illness. “hate”. I’d give you 2 cents. That’s how much you are
brent520

Postby ElsaHimala » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:03 am

brent520 wrote:
ElsaHimala wrote:How much money ME paid to this author just to band aid their problem. [-X

Zero. How much do you need to cure your illness. “hate”. I’d give you 2 cents. That’s how much you are

Give your 2 cents to ME dagx2 sa sa plastic surgery ng mukha no Karen =;)) :!!
ElsaHimala

Real Life Name/Nick: La Au-nhor
Date of Birth: 07 Dec 1917
Profession: Fortune Teller
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Tarot and Crystal Ball reading

Postby manoypoe » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:49 am

ElsaHimala wrote:
brent520 wrote:

Give your 2 cents to ME dagx2 sa sa plastic surgery ng mukha no Karen =;)) :!!

Karen Ibasco: It feels like home in Manzanillo, Mexico!

manoypoe

Next

Return to Miss Earth